Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4118 2 years ago

Put down a deposit on a Premium today. Very excited, even though it sounds like I’m a few months away from getting it. I’ve never ordered a pin in advance before — one that wasn’t in stock — but after watching the videos and getting a good amount of games in at Pintastic, I knew this was going to be my next one. Such a great looking and shooting pin!

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I heard august 2022. I was going to order one and potentially sell my le as I like the art on the premium but I’m not going to sell and not have one for that long.

I was told March-May, but also told that it could change as dates keep moving out. World is a bit crazy right now. Can’t complain, though. Having to wait for a pinball machine seems like a minor inconvenience compared to other stuff going on.

2 weeks later
#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Got my premium today. Question. Anyone else have trouble getting the playfield back down into place after lifting it? I can take a pic later but basically when i push it all the way back on the rails it still is off by about a mm with the apron hooks and the two holes. I have to go under the playfield and push the handles to get it to go in. Anyone else?

Is there any packing foam still stuck on the back?

1 month later
#7490 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

How do I know if my pinballs are or are becoming magnetized?

Have them touch a paper clip and try to pick up the paper clip. If it lifts, they’re magnetized.

1 month later
#8487 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It's not a stupid question. The answer is no.

That answer may depend on the distributor and state. Best to check with the distributor.

1 week later
#8813 2 years ago

I’m ready.

6584CCA7-15D5-4C86-AE9D-02BBA2B648F8 (resized).jpeg6584CCA7-15D5-4C86-AE9D-02BBA2B648F8 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#10386 1 year ago

Finally took delivery of my Godzilla Premium this week. Have been having a lot of fun trying to figure out what to do. The rules seem very extensive. Normally, I have a pretty good idea of how to play a game before I get it, but not this time. I've been slowing reading through the rule set trying to absorb as much as possible. I need to go back to watch some of the IE videos again as well. Anyway, just having a blast. What a great game!

And, this just happened. Not sure how good it is or not. Probably not that good, but it's my best score so far.

IMG_2581 (resized).jpgIMG_2581 (resized).jpg
IMG_2579 (resized).jpgIMG_2579 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10582 1 year ago

I should have paid more attention to this. I’ve only had the game for a week or two, and my bridge plastic broke a bit at the end. I thought since it was the shortened plastic, I would be ok. Anyway, I just put a small nut in the coil sleeve to limit movement which seems to be the best method to prevent this. The screws on the coil bracket had blue loctite though and were difficult to remove but not impossible. I’ll contact stern for a new plastic.

76271737-3F37-48AF-9826-AE9E40BE9ECC (resized).jpeg76271737-3F37-48AF-9826-AE9E40BE9ECC (resized).jpeg

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Can anyone recommend a distributor for a Godzilla premium? I fully understand that there is a large wait list for this machine and I have no problems with the wait. That said, I have contacted at least six distributors and only one has had the courtesy of giving me a reply.

Automated Services in CT.

#10702 1 year ago

I’ve never been that good at multiball and as a result haven’t been a huge multiball fan, but I got to say, I’m having a blast playing the MBs in GZ. There’s something about the layout that just works for it. My normal flailing around actually gets the balls to go where they’re supposed to go, and there’s so many paths for the balls to loop around that it’s just a ton of fun. Really well designed game!

#10850 1 year ago

Anyone’s bridge ever physically bind and not move? Mine has started to do this intermittently. I can fix it by jiggling it with my hand, but I’m not sure if there’s a way to prevent this. I can’t quite figure out how it is getting hung up.

#10857 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the coil stop on the long bracket with the coil that moves the bridge.
Also maybe the pins that the arm with the bridge pivots on. If it's come loose or broken, that will cause issues.

Thanks. I’ll look.

Quoted from marspinball:

Mine did this. Loosen the clear plastic pieces on top and spread away from each other and retighten.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Mine was doing this out of the box from factory...It seemed the plastics were binding...I loosed the 4 black small screws and moved the plastics away from each other where they met in the middle, pushing each plastic toward it's respective bridge end, spaced them far enough to give a small gap to allow proper closure, it was barely noticeable, but enough to bind the bridge when it tried to close

I’ll try this. Did you only do the plastics on the front of the bridge or the back as well? If the back, it seems tough to get to. How did you do it?

Thanks.

#10860 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just did the front, seemed like the only one that was binding...use the Coil Bridge test to check repeatedly while adjusting

Thanks. I just checked, and the front plastics were touching. I’ve moved them apart so there’s now a decent gap. Hope that does it. We’ll see.

#10863 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome, hope that does the trick, it did for me.
Also to add, my premium came with the newer plastic from Stern over the magnet... The other kept breaking from what I've seen...I did see another post with the newer plastic and it still cracked... So as preventative maintenance, I followed previous advice and dropped a small washer on top of the coil stop to limit the bridge travel ever so slightly... Works perfect and the plastic didn't get touched at all, but still room for the ball to fall through the bridge

Yep, I have the newer plastic, and it did chip slightly. Stern is sending a new one. And, I have dropped a small nut in the coil sleeve which works perfectly. Thanks again!

#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. I just checked, and the front plastics were touching. I’ve moved them apart so there’s now a decent gap. Hope that does it. We’ll see.

Unfortunately, my bridge is still binding up at times. I took a long look at it, and it does seem like the two pieces are coming together and somehow locking. When that happens, I can’t even move the coil plunger by hand. I have to physically wiggle and pull at the bridge until it unbinds. Not sure how to fix this as I can’t see anything obvious to adjust or what exactly is locking up. I may have to contact Stern to see if they’ve encountered this before.

#10872 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the pin that the bridge pivots on is loose, it may allow it to shift forward and cause the plastics to rub/lock. I'd check the pin to make sure it's all as it should be.

There does seem to be play on it. At least left and right. Should there not be? Should I simply try tightening the screw?

#10906 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately, my bridge is still binding up at times. I took a long look at it, and it does seem like the two pieces are coming together and somehow locking. When that happens, I can’t even move the coil plunger by hand. I have to physically wiggle and pull at the bridge until it unbinds. Not sure how to fix this as I can’t see anything obvious to adjust or what exactly is locking up. I may have to contact Stern to see if they’ve encountered this before.

I figured out the issue here. I had put a hexagonal nut in the coil sleeve to limit movement of the bridge coil plunger. At times, the nut stood up on end preventing the plunger from moving at all. It may have gotten magnetized and was being pulled up with the plunger instead of lying on the top of the coil stop. Anyway, replaced it with two small washers and all is working well again (for now at least).

#10907 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These are breaking at those tips as well. Per others in this thread.

Correct. You still need to put a washer or two in the coil sleeve to be safe.

#11011 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Looks good! What all did you have to do to get at the screws on the back side of that bridge? I've looked at how that bridge might be disassembled, but seems like there is no easy way about it.

I was wondering the same.

#11044 1 year ago

There’s no code for the oxygen destroyer in the outlane, right? It’s just a picture.

#11047 1 year ago

If I have one ball locked and the game ends, the building goes down but the arm doesn’t open enough for the weight of the ball to push through and get released. Is there a way to fix this? I’ve been having to take off the glass to get the ball out.

#11064 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If I have one ball locked and the game ends, the building goes down but the arm doesn’t open enough for the weight of the ball to push through and get released. Is there a way to fix this? I’ve been having to take off the glass to get the ball out.

Found a way to fix this. There’s a little post to the left of the building that the arm of the building hits as it goes down. The post lifts the arm. I added two small washers under the post, and now the arm opens more than enough to let the ball out.

0C5C95EF-6286-4006-B3A1-5A59AEBC604C (resized).jpeg0C5C95EF-6286-4006-B3A1-5A59AEBC604C (resized).jpeg
DC62A310-A0DD-4633-95B4-E4A504C82033 (resized).jpegDC62A310-A0DD-4633-95B4-E4A504C82033 (resized).jpeg

#11094 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Glad you got your fix to work!
I was going to suggest raising the rear of the machine to increase your pitch and also you can adjust the height levels of the building in settings, which may allow you to have the building drop a little lower, which would raise the arm a little more.

I started messing with the height of the building in settings, but quickly became confused. It was then that I noticed that post and the fact that it’s sole purpose was to raise the arm. Couple of washers seemed the easiest solution.

2 weeks later
#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This is my second favorite pin (slight behind JP). I own an LE and despite having seven other games, this is the only one I have played over the last six months. My personality is the type that I dive deep into a topic and nothing else will grab my attention until I master it.
What am I getting at? I have seen so many posts about people enjoying this game but not really understanding the rules or strategy to put up good scores. Here’s the point of my post.
I will be visiting the twitch chromecandy stream next week. If there is enough interest, then I will stream a tutorial on GZ for beginners, intermediate, and advanced players. I know a version of this has been done by other streamers, but it is usually based on the viewer having a decent understanding of the scoring. I’ve always enjoyed explaining complicated concepts in understandable terms. This game (like most things in life) is way more fun if you have the right information to make strategic choices.
If there is interest in this, then I would be happy to do it. If not, then I will have some fun with the 20 other games he has.

I would like this as well. I finally understand the basics, but there is so much in this that more advanced scoring strategies still elude me.

1 week later
#11782 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I’m a huge Bally/Williams fan. My friend just offered my a Godzilla Premium at cost.
Would love to play it first, but unfortunately I will not be able to.
Is it a sure bet?

Well, it is number 1. . . .

I can’t imagine not liking the game. You won’t be sorry.

#12043 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Unsure of spoon and need to bust out multimeter. First time I've had pop issues. Is there any wiki on pops out there?

Don’t think of it as a pops issue but a switch issue. Make sure when the ring is depressed, the switch is making good contact. And check the other aspects of the switch as just mentioned.

#12058 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

That's what I thought. Had the game two weeks and just noticed curious if it came that way or if a ball flew and hit it at some point. Wing is not on the playfield I'll check the cabinet tomorrow thanks for the info.
I'll check the marketplace somebody probably made a mod anyway as opposed to possibly waiting who knows how long from Stern to get a replacement plastic.

Hard to see how an air ball would have made it up there. I would contact Stern. It might not be that long to get a plastic and my bet is something happened during assembly and got missed or perhaps during delivery.

#12144 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Aw shucks my bridge finally cracked my captive ball plastic.
Did I miss an official fix here? What's the best homebrew mitigation?

Here you go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/189#post-6872948

#12180 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Yes and no solution. I did send a picture to Stern support, and from the sounds of it, probably the first person to complain (this was back in April). I have my playfield at 6.7º, which should be adequate for it not to get caught there.
Here is what they said:
"So this ball trap is definitely an intesterting one. I just had a pow wow with the EM, and there's not really anything back there that can cause this to sit.
A couple of things I'd like to have you look for:
First, simply get your hand back in that area, and let's see if you can feel anything sticking out or out of place that the ball could get caught up on.
Remove all of the balls from your game, and place them on a flat, non metallic surface, and let's see if they're magnetized. Sometimes, when a game uses electromagnets, the balls can become magnetized."
After I did my testing and came back with nothing, this was the next reply:
"Do me a favor and just keep an eye on it, and try to jot down anything leading up to it and in the meantime we'll take note."
Please let them know so they know I am not crazy! It doesn't happen often, but when it does, ugh.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Not many. Luckily both times were during multiball so I just hit a ball into the orbit and problem solved. But, yeah, if it had happened during single ball play, that would have been a major pain.

#12184 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hasn’t happened in quite a while, but I only got to play 2 games yesterday - and it happened BOTH times. Really hard to get the ball out without tilting.

It just happened to me again while I was in single ball play. A slow hit from the upper flipper around the side loop landed the ball resting just on that spot. I was in a timed mode too, so I didn’t have time to take the glass off. Next time it happens, I think I’ll take a picture of exactly where the ball is and try something like a furniture bumper or something to see if that helps without obstructing the main shot.

#12191 1 year ago

I closed the left outlane post one notch today. Word of warning for those who do this -- the clearcoat under it was soft and depressed by the washer. Nothing chipped, and I'm not complaining about clear coat issues. I just want people to know to exercise a little extra caution if they do the same.

#12211 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Bridge keeps getting stuck. Anyone else have this happen? I’ve had GZ since September and this is the first time.

What do you mean stuck? Not moving at all? Try loosening the screws on the front plastics. Pull them apart to create a bit of a gap and retighten?

If it’s not that, did you add anything into the coil sleeve to limit the motion of the arm to prevent the bridge plastic from cracking? If so, it could be you added something that’s now sticking up in the coil sleeve.

#12213 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Bridge will go down then get stuck coming back up. Ball will get hung up there until ball search.
I’ll try loosening the screws like you suggested. I haven’t touched the coil sleeve and haven’t added anything.

So if the bridge is getting stuck down, maybe something in the coil or mech is binding. Does it get stuck if you just move it with your hand? What do you mean the ball gets hung up there? Perhaps take a video.

#12216 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Right truss of the bridge goes down, doesn’t come up and the ball will get stuck the next time the ball goes through the building and over the bridge.
I was able to move it with my hand. Seems like something is not in place as it should be making the trusses hit each other thus getting stuck.
Worked yesterday of course lol. I’ll have more time to check it out tomorrow

Does the left go back in place, but the right doesn’t? They should operate together, so if I move one, it also moves the other. It sounds like some linkage is broken or fell off.

#12223 1 year ago
Quoted from Returner:

Move the plastic apart, they are binding.

Yep, like I said, loosen the screws, move the plastic pieces apart a bit, and retighten.

#12263 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

They do make proper mylar button area covers, but you need to take the buttons off to install them properly.

Someone — I think maybe Titan Pinball — sells button area protectors that are like those window clings. You can just peel them off. No glue or residue.

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head. I think it may have been damaged in transport and was hanging on by a thread. My coin box was all the way in the back of the cabinet when I first assembled it from the box, maybe it winged this on the way back?

It’s pinball. Things break. They even break when you’re not playing it. Don’t worry too much. Easy soldering job and you’ll be good to go.

#12434 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Tab for the upper flipper successfully soldered back on and up and running again, though now my right bumper is randomly firing during gameplay so I'll have to tinker with that. Only had time for a couple quick (bad) games over lunch after the soldering so I didn't get a chance to look at the bumper at all.

Likely the switch is just gapped too close.

1 week later
#12584 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So the bridge is breaking these plastics and not the ball?
Interesting.
What is the best place to get a replacement plastic, Stern? Marco, Pinball life?

Stern will replace it for free under warranty.

#12592 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Contact twenty84 for his stainless steel version. Looks great on the machine and won’t break either. Or keep breaking the plastic stern one…

Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I have a newer one with the smaller plastic, and I'm starting to see some damage there anyway. It's going to get worse as I get better at triggering bridge multiball.

If you put a washer or two in the coil sleeve to limit movement, you won’t keep breaking the plastic one.

#12616 1 year ago

I got to Monster Zero for the first time. I didn’t know you could drain! I tilted with two balls locked.

1 week later
#12930 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

No one who has played my GZ Prem. game in the past few weeks can remember seeing the ball stuck on the magnet on MG's stomach. A few weeks ago is also when I downloaded the new .97 code. Is it possible that the new code doesn't use this magnet??

Check connectors. Perhaps something came loose.

#13011 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

I’ve had my premium since may and I really enjoy this pin.
However I have a small issue that became quite noticeable when the « Monster Zero » and « Terror of Mechagodzilla » modes were introduced. Whenever the building is in the 1st floor position (i.e. fully up) and the ball is ejected from the VUK, it stays stuck between the fourth floor building guide and the right edge of the load ramp behind the building (see the pictures from 3 different angles with and without the ball).
As I said, each time either mini wizard mode starts the ball stays stuck there until the ball search lowers the building. It looks like the gap between the ball guide and the edge of the ramp is too narrow.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there an adjustement I can make to resolve this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m having trouble figuring out how that ball is getting stuck, but you can adjust the exact height of the building in each of its positions. So, perhaps play with that a bit in settings and see if it helps.

#13018 1 year ago

Just had my first billion point game. I’m finally feeling like I’m getting into the groove of this game, getting better at the shots and understanding the scoring strategies more. Great fun!

CBD23D27-9E20-4C4A-8294-C8D096603188 (resized).jpegCBD23D27-9E20-4C4A-8294-C8D096603188 (resized).jpeg

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Lounge I was able to fix the issue. Chances are the same steps might help you fix yours.

This pitch of the playfield is fine. It turns out as though the first floor was level with the playfield, the building was however ever so slightly leaning on the right (barely noticeable). Looking at the manual on page #66 shows two bolts under the playfield that can be adjusted to correct the building angle. Unscrewing the one corresponding to the bottom left corner of the building made it lean slightly more to the left and forward which in turn had the effect to widen the gap between the fourth floor ball guide and the back ramp. Now the ball can pass through the building when coming from the back ramp.

Nice fix!

#13219 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Alright.. the standard adjustment on the game will not allow me to lower the building enough to lift the top of the building to release the balls. I live all the hype on this game, but kinda difficult to go through 13k posts. Any suggestions?
Just kinda.. not sure what we did, but its working correctly now.. NIB gremlins. That and I opened a Blue Moon.. fixes everything in my world.
[quoted image]

Search my posts. There’s a post on the left side of the building that pushes the arm up to release the balls. Put a washer or two under the post to raise it slightly thereby raising the arm enough to allow the ball to escape.

#13446 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’m almost at the point of calling this game a total loser, but not quite. How many failed magnet flails, spinner shots that then bounce into the pop and then sdtm or straight down the outlane, before someone just swears off this game for good? I know a lot of you love this game, but in my opinion the physical design of this game is just a BAD one. Sounds like a lot of you think all the layers of software make up for the sub par play, not for me.
I absolutely would have traded or sold it by now, but I hear that it’s good on location which is the only reason I keep it. I hope the hype for that isn’t as overstated as the hype is here with collectors.

Sorry you’re having a bad experience. I think most feel the exact opposite, and I would agree that your game might not be set up properly. Play with the side to side level a bit. Small difference can make a big impact. It takes a bit to dial in the game, but once it is, the layout is one of the best out there.

1 week later
#13792 1 year ago

I found the best way for me to hit the right ramp consistently: aim for the magnet / captive ball.

#13844 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Man I feel like an idiot as it seems from vids folks just easily make it, but I can't consistently get the scoop shop from the left flipper. Letting it get super close to the tip and it usually will just go right to the mecha spinners or it just hits the UFO area and bounces right back. It seems like such a hard shot for me yet everyone makes it look so easy, I suck soooo bad

You’re not alone. Very hard and tight shot. Try to watch exactly where the ball is in its roll on the flipper when you DO make it. That will help, but it will still be hard.

#14063 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

Joined the GZ Pre club yesterday (third pin owned). This one plays much faster than AIQ or JP (both purchased this year). Going to have to comb through all this and see what has been happening since there are a lot of these out there now and just like any mass produced product, each one has a mind of its own, LOL! But game is awesome to finally have at the house. Look forward to reading and interacting with everybody.
Any n00b quick fixes (besides what I'll see in the pinned stuff)?

You’ll see this printed, but you should do it right away. Even with the shortened plastic under the bridge, the bridge action will still chip away at the edge of the plastic. Putting a washer in the coil sleeve limits the motion just enough to save the plastic. There’s a good video in this thread somewhere. I just wanted to alert you not to wait as damage is happening without you realizing.

Other than that, enjoy!

#14091 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Okay thanks for the pointers with leveling I just got under my machine and lifted with my back and yeah, was pretty simple.
I got it 6.5 angle and 0 pitch at the flippers.
It's 7.0 at the building and 0 pitch up there too.
This .5 angle difference between top/bottom of playfield is consistent with my JP as well, although I still don't really understand it since it should be a flat/straight playfield lol.

I haven’t checked my GZ, but I have other pins that have a slight difference in pitch top and bottom. The playfield is wood, and different things are bolted to it with different weights. It has some level of flexibility, so I think it makes sense.

#14124 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I had the same thing happen on my bridge. In my case the plastics on both ends of the bridge were rubbing in the middle and sometimes it got stuck halfway open and trap a ball. I just unscrewed the bridge plastics I could get to (but I did not take the bridge apart), pushed plastics away from center as much as I could and retightened the screws. Fixed it for me.

Yep. That should be the first thing to try. Very easy to do. You don’t even have to remove the screws. Just loosen them, push and retighten.

#14329 1 year ago

Finally made it to Terror of Mechagodzilla for the first time. Scored over 216M in that mode alone, which sounds huge for me, but perhaps that’s average for the mode. I was trying to follow the directions on the screen but mostly just concentrating on keeping balls in play.

Overall, scored 1,115,858,960 for a new Grand Champion score.

I love that I’m still having new experiences on this pin, and no game ever feels quite the same. One of the reasons why it’s still number 1!

#14453 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

Well this already happened (I was delayed in getting back to check the post). I see what you are talking about and I did see the fix for it in the key topics but the little bit of damage is already done. I'll have to make the adjustment now so it doesn't get any worse and see if I can get a replacement plastic. It doesn't seem to hard to replace but I appreciate the heads up. Should have checked back in sooner.

Stern will send you a replacement plastic. I had mine in about a week or two.

#14498 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Apron Decals
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those actually look fantastic. Except, do you ever actually see them in practice?

2 weeks later
#14868 1 year ago

I'm sure this has happened to me before, and I just never noticed: Hitting two balls perfectly during multiball so each hits a different ramp and crosses at the building in the center at the same time.

It looked really cool!

#14915 1 year ago

My friends just preordered this for me for my birthday:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/godzilla-atomlc-powerbladez

I’m pretty psyched!

#15064 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Here is a pic of that post circled in red. It is off to the side of building nearest Godzilla. That post hits that little tab you can see on top of the building which then raises the gate. I have seen at least one post where someone did have to raise this and it was not an issue with the building not getting low enough, supposedly.[quoted image]

That was probably my post. I added a washer or two under there as occasionally balls weren’t getting released. Very easy fix that worked perfectly.

#15111 1 year ago

So, I’m also in the camp of 1.0 messing with the timing of the magnet so that balls aren’t thrown cleanly up the left passage anymore. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next release.

#15117 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine behaves the same as it did before. Are you on default settings?

Yes.

Is there a setting to adjust that magnet’s timing?

#15134 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I actually kind of like the “end of game” concept. It makes you feel like you’ve actually won.

Also, how long did that game take? I imagine you were due for a rest.

#15141 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone having problems with the building vuk not registering after the latest update?
Ours is very intermittently not registering the ball in the vuk so waits till ball search and game gets kinda funky afterwards.
You can feed it manually 20 times in a row during switch test without issue - but still every few games in real play it fails after making the lock shot through the building and relies on the ball search.
Behavior is new this week. Nothing looks odd about the optos and tests fine during switch test.

Next time it happens, try gently shaking the machine forward and back. That works for me.

#15160 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, the ball hits the back and rests in the gap between the building and the vuk. Adjust the gap or put something there to bridge the gap (business card works)

Will take a look. Thanks. Though, it is only a minor annoyance as a gentle shake fixes the issue, and the issue itself doesn’t happen too often.

Quoted from Tomass:

Before this last update, when I would power down it would go dark and flash back on, sound and everything, for a split second and then go off. This has not happened since the last update.

This happens to me, also sometimes not all the time. Will have to see if it has stopped after updating to 1.0.

#15190 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

don't forget to take the balls out, that's actually tricky or I don't know the secret. :-/.

With the power off, manually actuate (with your finger) the coil that ejects the balls into the outlane. Eject and remove one at a time.

#15341 1 year ago

So, you can’t do a matrixed switch test without pulling the interlock switch out, is that right? That’s not like the Sterns I used to know. It also means that when I test switches, I fire the coils associated with them.

#15432 1 year ago

“I’ll just play one game before bed,” thinking I’ll have a typical 5-10 minute game, only to end up playing for 30+ minutes, beating my GC score (1,260,000,000+) and getting the largest carnage bonus I’ve ever achieved (174 million). I gotta stop doing that.

#15581 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

So, looks like GZ is finally going to be knocked out of the #1 spot in the Pinside rankings. Toy Story 4 CE flippers are spamming the ratings with reviews like, "Your family will love it as much as mine, so glad I bought one!" So it will debut at #1 next week and probably stay there while the flippers keep spamming.

I don’t see evidence of this. The ratings numbers listed aren’t that high, especially for the LE which will get lumped into the total ratings. What are you looking at?

#15584 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Actually, I think the ratings are based on the highest rating for any of the versions. So he may be right, only 16 ratings and most are pretty high. High enough to average out better than GZ, idk. Even if it does, i can't imagine it will hold up over time.

Ah, you’re right. I forgot that. Well, I agree it won’t hold up. Too many people will rate it a 5.0 without even playing it just to bring it down, I imagine.

#15649 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So I just got the game Thursday and it’s absolutely incredible…my only issue so far seems to be the bridge will go nuts, and not always return to even…if I shoot a ball and it goes that direction, I’ll have to wait for a ball search before I can get it back. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Loosen the screws on the front plastics, push the pieces apart, and retighten the screws. That should help prevent it from binding.

#15861 1 year ago

Since the update, my insider connected profile is different. I have a new icon. And, my scores are entered under my username instead of my initials on the pin. Anyone else notice that or know how to fix it back to initials?

#15923 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Got my game yesterday and the top of the building is not moving high enough to release the balls. I looked though the service menu, but couldn't find a fix. Has anyone run into this? Currently running 1.01 code.
[quoted image]

There’s a post on the left side of the building that pushes on an arm when the building is lowered that opens up the lever for the balls. Put a washer under the post raising it, and the gap will open up more allowing the balls out. Very easy adjustment.

#15924 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Same thing happened to me. I believe it’s a stern issue and can’t be fixed at a user level right now.

Yes, I agree. I stopped using insider connected for the time being as I don’t want my user name being used for high scores.

#15943 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I was going to update code soon. Should I not update to 1,0 code?

Nah. Update and play away. There’s a lot new in the new code. And, the issues aren’t universal and unlikely related to the code. (Except for the ones that are and will be fixed in the next release )

#16017 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, the plastic under the bridge on my Premium broke due to the bridge slamming into it.
Has anyone had success getting a replacement from Stern or your distributor?

Yes. Contact your distributor. You can get a replacement plastic under warranty. Put a small washer in the coil sleeve to limit movement and prevent it from happening again. There’s a video somewhere in this thread for how to do that.

#16027 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I would be curious if stern replaces plastics under warranty. I had my mothra plastic break as well as one of my plastics on the mechagodzilla spinner and was told plastics are not covered under warranty

Probably not all plastics, but just the known design issues like the bridge hitting the plastic underneath.

#16170 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just installed the lighted side blades from PinGraffix and I must say, I'm impressed. I never would have thought I would remove my mirror blades but no regrets here, I'm digging these!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Mine just arrived as well. May try to install this weekend. How was the install?

#16196 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I believe there is a key post on this thread in regards to this. What you can do though is simply add a washer to the back of the coil assembly for the bridge. That restricts the movement of the bridge just enough so balls can still move through yet the bridge won't go down as low as the plastic. I did this, worked great but still decided to replace the plastic with chrome candies offering. Looks nice and exposes the captured ball behind the magnet.

Washer fix works perfectly. And if you want a replacement plastic, Stern will replace under warranty.

#16410 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Is hitting the right ramp from upper flipper shot supposed to be hard? I just got my game and have only a handful of plays. That shot only rarely makes it.

I can’t do it on mine. I’ve heard others are able to. It may be machine dependent.

2 weeks later
#16848 1 year ago

Really glad Stern is continuing with these code tweaks. They are listening and making meaningful changes. Really impressive and a real improvement over the coding lags of several years ago.

#16860 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Obviously this is because GZ is selling so well, but I REALLY would love it if they would do an update to EHOH

Fair point, but in the past, code updates were hard to come by for even the games that sold well.

#16965 1 year ago

I kind of get the rules for the imposters, but I don’t understand the lore behind it. Is there something in the Godzilla movies about imposters?

#16981 1 year ago

Updated to 1.02. Unfortunately, they didn’t fix the issue with Insider Connected using your user name for high scores instead of your initials.

#16984 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It shows my name on my machine. It's a setting where you have to change it from initials to name in the service menu.

I don’t think so. My high scores are set to initials but when I log in with Insider Connected, it uses my user name instead. I don’t see any other settings unless I’m missing something.

#16989 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think Nokoro is saying he has it set to initials but it's still showing username.

Correct.

Quoted from MacGruber:

Yup he's talking about where some insider connect games show name some show initials its been that way since launch. It always gives you the option to change when you get on the board so it doesn't bother me

Ah. I didn’t know you could change if you were logged in. I’ll try that. Thanks.

#17020 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t think so. My high scores are set to initials but when I log in with Insider Connected, it uses my user name instead. I don’t see any other settings unless I’m missing something.

Correction. I may have been wrong. It does this for normal scores, but it does appear that I can use my initials now when getting a high score.

#17058 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I watched some of the DeadFlip stream of the Godzilla 1.0 last night, popped up in my YouTube recs.
I haven't touched a new game since Keith's Jurassic Park, just out of the new pinball loop since the pandemic really.
I'm afraid to play Godzilla, because I might want one if I do.

Best flippin’ pin I’ve ever played!

#17170 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Updated to 1.03 yesterday. On the start of new game….the ball auto-launches immediately and the every switch that is hit is counting as a loop. Even a flip is counted as a loop. I turned it off and back on and it’s still doing it…Anyone had this issue before?

Check the loop switch. Is it adjusted correctly?

Have you gone into switch test mode and seen whether the same thing happens — all switches register as the loop switch?

#17235 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I received recently my gz premium and had time to play maybe -+ 10 games due to work and a 2yo baby that taking lot of my time too. Welcome to parenthood.
Is there a little guide for basic rules. Im not a good player.
I saw some YouTube videos but guys are making billions and it goes so quick.
You want to destroy all 4 cities.
To be able to start a city? The sign must be lit by shooting the ramps a few times?
To complete a city, you have to hit 8 ramps?
Another is hit spinners 3 times?
Any help appreciated here.

Complete rules are here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

However, it took me several readings of that and many many more games played than you have done so far to begin understanding them. And I’m still learning.

To get you started, basically each city has a battle mode. You need two ramp shots to light battle at the scoop (separate ramps after your first city). Once you then get the scoop, you choose one of four tier one battles. Each has different rules, but it is shoot the lit shot / spinner / target type of stuff. Also hitting the ramps does damage to the building which eventually will light lock. Shots to the building will then lock balls for GZ MB. Hitting the mechagodzilla spinner will also eventually activate its targets. Hit the targets to destroy the shield. Then hit the spinner again to start mechagodzilla MB.

I would start with those basic three concepts for now and then start adding to your knowledge by reading the full rules as you play more games. There is SO much more to do. That’s only scratching the surface.

1 week later
#17546 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Is there a way to adjust the proximity of the 2 bridge pieces in relation to each other? Mine are very close together, basically rubbing and smashed together so the bridge struggles to collapse. It will collapse partly and be hung up on the other side, so the ball gets stuck. I tried gently pulling them apart, but they are committed to closeness. Is there something I should remove and adjust?
Thank you!

You should be able to loosen the screws that hold the plastics, pull the two plastics apart and retighten. Did you include loosening the screws? Should be able to get about a mm of clearance that way.

#17704 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hey there, I just picked up a beautiful GZ premium. Only issue is that the gate will not raise during GZ multiball to release the balls from the roof. Gate also does not raise during ball search. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on a remedy?

Doesn’t raise at all or doesn’t raise enough? If the latter, there’s a post to the left of the building. When the building lowers, the post pushes up on a section of the arm that controls the gate. Put a washer or two under the post so the gate raises a bit more. If the gate doesn’t raise at all, you may be missing that post, assuming your building is lowering properly.

#17712 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

It seems like the building is possibly not going all the way down. But also can’t seem to get it to go down at all in test mode, in that the menu comes up but none of the coin door buttons seem to activate the test. Which seems odd.

Did you pull the interlock switch out so there’s power to the building during test mode?

1 week later
#18020 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Every switch registered like it was supposed to. I was in contact with someone with Stern but I haven’t heard back from them in a week. They wanted a pic of the switch from the bottom of the playfield. They said it should be a rollover switch that you can adjust. I asked how do I adjust it but I haven’t heard back. Do you know what adjustments he’s talking about?

You’ll have to look at it. I don’t have access at the moment to check. If it is a leaf switch, it may be gapped too close, and you can adjust it to increase the gap. There are tools for that sold on the online stores, but the tools are not necessary, just make it easier.

If it’s a microswitch, it could be the arm needs adjustment if it is pressing the switch closed when it shouldn’t.

#18026 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I dont believe the magnet is suppose to spin.
When the bolt is tighten down in mine it will not rotate.
I suppose the sleeve is meant to be replaced every certain amount of games??
Can anybody else confirm if the sleeve is suppose to rotate or not?

Mine always has. Never been a problem.

#18145 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Does anybody know how you get the Oxygen mode. I know that it’s the last ball. But I don’t always get Oxygen losing my last ball…..

Third ball. Not necessarily the last ball. And, the ball has to fall down the right outlane to get it.

#18290 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Its actually the left inlane,it's the outlane on imdn.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah thanks...that should make it a little easier

I’m confused. There’s a skill shot to the left inlane? That seems impossible given the layout.

#18296 1 year ago

It's just plunging in an arc.

There isn’t an arc that works as far as I can tell. Not given the direction the ball exits the plunge behind the mecha ramp.

Alternatively, alley pass from right flipper

That could work I suppose.

#18298 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it aint called super skill for nothin.

Perhaps with telekinesis. I want to see video of someone doing this, in an arc. Is there any, does anyone know?

#18300 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ate you using insider connect? Its listed there.
"Plunge the ball into the left inlane. Scores 5 million + 1 million x the number of unique skill shots made, and 5 seconds of ball save time. Boosts future secret skill shots by 2M."

Perhaps they’re messing with us?

You get that for plunging through the left spinner, I believe, which I often do. I don’t see how you can plunge the left inlane. Think it’s a misprint?

#18310 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus christ...get to work!

Alright, alright. I yield. It’s a shot.

It’s a long weekend, and I suddenly have a new goal.

TheLaw want to have a contest? First one to make it gets bragging rights for the year.

No video necessary. Just on our honor.

#18312 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I had my autoplunge coil power turned down, and it would often do this shot on autoplunge until I changed it... I'll try to see if can roll the setting back and take some video.
(Even money says now I'll never get it to do that again.)

I just came close. Never knew it was possible. It seems like my spring is calibrated to either hit the spinner or not exit the loop behind the mecha ramp. Very hard to get it to plunge in the middle as is needed.

#18314 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

IN.
I think mines going to be real tough because I have some rattle off the mecha the slower I plunge.

Agreed. I might call it the random luck shot rather than the skill shot.

#18327 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

How did you spend your Saturday evening?
I spent it trying to hit the Secret Skill Shot I just found out existed thanks to Pinside! I hit it twice tonight but only once on camera. My battery died, but I needed to hit it twice to prove to myself the first wasn’t a fluke.

Nice job!

I actually came pretty close yesterday and had it bounce around like that only to have it go into the outlane instead of the inlane. I should have nudged, but I kind of just stared in disbelief and held my breath instead. Not a winning strategy.

#18435 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Using a center post won’t make a lot of difference if you don’t know how to use it effectively with trust and nudging and can actually cause some people to drain.

This is so true. I’m not sure a center post significantly moves the difficulty needle. I’ve drained plenty of times when I misjudged how the ball was going to hit the post. If you want GZ to be easier, you’ll get greater payback by tightening the outlanes.

#18437 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I've tightened my GZ outlanes, but they still see so many balls travel thru that I'm considering installing some pf protective mylar there.

I doubt it’s needed. Mylar is more needed in ball drop areas or areas with very high and fast activity, like around pop bumpers, slings, etc. Yes, balls travel through the outlanes regularly, but it is a far less traveled location than other places on the playfield.

3 weeks later
#18874 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

I've got my eyes on a Godzilla Premium, just waiting for my bonus to hit in march. Does anyone know if it is worth it to pick up the maintenance kit listed in the manual? if so, where can I find it?
[quoted image]

No. Don’t get that. For cleaning, read Vids guide on this site.

For rubber rings, buy Titan silicon ones at some point.

For extra balls, buy from Ball Baron or some source other than Stern.

For fuses and flipper rebuild kits, you really shouldn’t need those anytime soon, and if you did, you would just buy them then.

The only thing you might want to get are the pinballlife coil stops, as the Stern ones will degrade, but even that you can wait. And, you likely want a couple of small washers to put in the coil sleeve of the bridge mech to prevent it from hitting the plastic. You should do that on day one or two. All of these issues can be found by searching this thread or the key notes.

And, if you have any other difficulties, just post here, and we’ll help you out.

#18940 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

but what’s worst that can happen some screws drop and I dissemble a lot of stuff I don’t Remeber how to put back lol
[quoted image]

Yep. That can happen. Always take lots of pictures whenever you take anything off, even something small and simple. I’ve taken plastics off and gotten confused about their arrangement when I go to put them back. Pictures are your friend.

1 week later
#19091 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

What have people done to avoid chipping on the Magna grab plastic edge on the premium? There’s no adjustment to move the plastic back a mm or so to avoid having the bridge/ball hit the tip when it opens. I have the revised plastic from a late 22 run and it already has a chip from impacts after a few weeks.

You need to put a couple of thin washers in the coil sleeve to limit the movement of the bridge just slightly and prevent it from hitting the plastic. Search this thread as someone posted a really good video of exactly what to do. Pretty easy fix.

#19116 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

What do you think is the best setting?
[quoted image]

Whatever works best for you. For me, I was getting too many left drains, and I’m only an average player, so I made that one tight but kept the right outlane post at the default position. That balance seems to work well for me.

#19167 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Same reason I don't deal with Automated anymore. I will never pay markup on a hot game .

I have bought 3 games from Automated, including a GZ Pre, and I have always paid sticker price with great service. No mark up.

#19178 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Just had a right outlane drain on ball three and it was game over rather than the oxygen destroyer countdown.
Bug or are there situations where the oxygen destroyer isn't activated?
(it was a pretty quick 1-2 drain during a multiball)

Might be something during MB where it doesn’t register. Or perhaps the switch registered before the outhole switch registered, and the pin thought the last ball went down the middle instead of the outlane.

#19239 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

My GZ Premium showed up today, yea. When I pulled the playfield up (to check connections), it was held very tight. After I did my checks and went to put playfield back, I could not get the brackets to go in the slots. I have checked for anything catching or binding but don't see anything. Has anyone else seen this problem or am I missing something? My other games slide right into the slots without applying a bunch of force.
[quoted image]

Make sure the lock down bracket is screwed in tight. Also make sure there isn’t any leftover packing foam at the back of the playfield.

#19267 1 year ago

Got an email from HBO Max saying that the whole Godzilla movie collection was now available for streaming. May have to finally check out some of the original movies.

#19339 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

Next Question:
See the below video, when I shoot a ball up to the ramp to mechagodzilla the ball tends to bounce off onto the rail or just bounce off in general ( I need to get more video footage from a better angle tbh).
Is this normal, should I make any adjustments to the ramp/mechagodzilla?
This started happening when I switched from the stock balls to Ball Baron Polaris balls https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/ but at the same time I pulled the entire play field up/back to inspect things, so I may have knocked/adjusted mechagodzilla then?

Here are some playfield photos as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Normal. Turn your left flipper power down a tad. It may help.

#19361 1 year ago

I printed and installed my own AbeFlips shooter lane fix, and now I have perfectly consistent plunges. The only problem is that I almost always hit the left spinner skill shot. So, now it is less of a skill shot and more of an every time shot.

#19369 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

But how often do you get the super skill shot from spinner direct to scoop?
Can also go for the different skill shots…pop bumper, left inlane, etc. you get additional multipliers for variety.

True. I do occasionally get the super skill shot and have been trying for others. Do you only get a multiplier for a unique skill shot?

#19427 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I'm baffled how anyone would think anything like that is supposed to be loose. It will eat anything above or below it over time. Not Stern's intent. TIGHTEN IT if you value your clearcoat.

The part that spins doesn’t touch the clear coat. It’s not an issue, and the performance is the same. Honestly, spinning is probably a good thing as it evens out the natural wear of the ball hitting it, though that may be negligible regardless.

#19509 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

First thing is a playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com. I've found that it slightly ups the ball speed but doesn't really affect the dynamics of the spin etc. Preserves the playfield, pretty straight-forward to install (you do have to remove ramps, flippers). Pretty reasonably priced too imo.......

I would say this is a tad controversial. Most, including me, would argue you don’t need a playfield protector in a modern game in a home use environment. Just keep it clean and wax every 500 games or so, and you’ll be fine.

#19537 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone know what to do if the building stepper test doesn't move the building whatsoever? It's like my building is a mere shell. Doesn't move or lock balls.
I'll fax a six-pack of beer to the first person that has some ideas! Have looked for error messages. None. Have reviewed all key posts in this topic, still no luck.
I see that one other user here, per3per3, had the same issue. Was to do with Node Board 10. Not sure how he resolved the issue. PM sent.

Have you pulled the interlock switch out when you test?

#19652 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone help me out here I feel like I’m having a brain fart. I’m testing the switches on my Godzilla and I open the coin door and in order to do the switch test. You have to push the coin interlock button in so it’ll give power to the machine so I can test the switches but when I push the interlock coin button in (as if the doors being closed,) then it does not light up to play field or anything.
I tested the same thing on my avengers in the same thing happened so I must be doing something very stupid if anyone can tell me what’s going on that would be great because I doubt both games are broken
Does somebody with great expertise understand what I’m talking about I would appreciate your input and help greatly. Thank you.
It must be something really dumb

You don’t need to worry about the interlock switch for switch test mode. The interlock switch just cuts high voltage power, not power to the switches.

#19712 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Tighten it completely. If that's not enough, use a little loctite blue. You don't want to use the permanent Loctite red or superglue as it would be extremely difficult to remove the screw in the future if you wanted to.

But before you tighten, make sure the bridge plastic is pushed all the way to the right, away from the other plastic. Those two plastics have a habit of rubbing together and causing the bridge to hang up.

#19724 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi during bridge multiball when the super jackpot is lit the bridge does not stay collapsed. The bridge shakes correctly and falls when I start bridge multiball but it does not stay collapsed when it should when super jackpot is lit. Is their a opto sensor under their or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don’t think it ever stays collapsed.

#19766 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

In bridge multiball when super jackpot is lit the bridge is exposed to stay collapsed. I saw the bridge act this way on a bunch of streams. Mine does not collapse when superjack pot is lit.
Maybe their are a bunch of games not functioning correctly.

I doubt it is a problem with individual games. More likely Stern changed the code if this ever did occur. Mine has never done this, and I was unaware of this happening in any streams.

#19784 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi on time 17:26 he hits the captive ball to light super jackpot and the bridge collapses and stays collapsed. I wonder if some of are games are missing a switch or something. He is running older code but I saw it happen on newer code as well.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxalJXjWdIwLS2UuGI3vCBe58ejqhmfJ1A

So, this I’ve never seen before. My guess is that it’s just older code. I’ve never had my bridge stay collapsed.

Quoted from jackd104:

Mine does collapse. I think it does this: If you hit super JP in bridge multiball, the bridge opens at that moment to let the ball fall off the ramp. It stays open for a few seconds after. Then closes again until you hit super Jp again. On latest code 1.04
Will double check next time I play about the exact behavior but I know the bridge opens and ball falls off the ramp

This is different than what’s in the video. The bridge is supposed to open for a second to let the ball fall off, but it doesn’t stay open.

Another possibility is that his bridge mech is broken. It could have opened and mechanically binded open for a bit.

#19789 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I just tried it and correction: my bridge collapses when super jackpot is lit and stays that way until it’s not lit any more. Code 1.04.

I’ll have to try myself, perhaps with the glass off so I can make sure I’m watching. I could have sworn mine only drops when you make the shot. Weird.

#19823 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The bridge only stays open when you have super jackpot lit when playing bridge multiball and I think maybe one other time (I will have to check iepinballs stream) Try it with no washers with the glass off and light bridge super jack pot and your bridge should fall and stay open. Great effect when it happens. I only have one washer in mine and it might be enough to save the plastic if not I will just have to upgrade to the metal version of the plastic. That bridge effect is to cool to give up

I don’t understand why the bridge wouldn’t stay open with more than one washer. Isn’t it a matter of the coil staying energized? The washer just limits how much the plunger in the coil moves, but if the coil stays energized, shouldn’t it hold it in that position.

#19927 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

So I'm noticing on my ramp wireforms that some of the joints are a little sharp. I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing I should be concerned about cutting up my balls and therefore the playfield in turn? I'm using the polaris carbons so they're also going to be not as hard as ninjas or whatever.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

There’s lots of metal in the game to put small dings in your balls after a while. I wouldn’t worry about the wireforms in particular. Best thing to do is just inspect the balls every 300-500 games. If you notice scratches or dings, just replace. Balls are cheap.

#19986 1 year ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

1) The under-bridge/over-magnet plastic is the shorter modified variety.. it's still getting clipped a little by the bridge and I can see some damage starting to form. I want to try the fix (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220) where you add a washer to the coil stop. QUESTION: Am I supposed to be putting a small washer inside_ the sleeve? Or a big washer outside around the metal nub on the coil stop like this (https://pinballvegas.com/pics/006aiq3.jpg)? Seems weird to add a loose small washer inside the sleeve, but that's what it looks like in the photo.

Small washer goes inside the sleeve.

Quoted from cheezywhiz:

4) After about 40 plays, the two sides of the bridge plastics started getting stuck on each other and preventing the bridge from dropping. Gonna try loosening the plastics and moving them apart tonight.

Yep. That will do the trick.

Have fun!

#20050 1 year ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Stern sent replacement plastics, do I just need to buff these clean with novus to get them shining, they're very dull looking and have that big white strip?
[quoted image]

Keep in mind, that replacement plastic will also crack from the bridge hitting it. Did you add a washer to the coil sleeve as described elsewhere in this thread?

#20115 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Coming up on a 1000 plays. Machine still works perfect. Curious what others are doing at about this time in terms of maintenece.

Check balls for nicks and replace if necessary. Vacuum playfield, clean and wax (though some say waxing is not necessary; your choice). As long as everything else works, that’s it.

#20182 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi on time 17:26 he hits the captive ball to light super jackpot and the bridge collapses and stays collapsed. I wonder if some of are games are missing a switch or something. He is running older code but I saw it happen on newer code as well.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxalJXjWdIwLS2UuGI3vCBe58ejqhmfJ1A

Quoted from Nokoro:

So, this I’ve never seen before. My guess is that it’s just older code. I’ve never had my bridge stay collapsed.

Ok, I was dead wrong about this. Apologies. I was playing last night, and the bridge definitely does stay open when super jackpot is lit during bridge collapse MB. I guess I had never noticed before. I was too busy just trying to keep up with the balls.

And, I use a washer to limit the bridge from hitting the plastic, and I still get it to stay open.

#20328 1 year ago
Quoted from DJShooter:

Ok, I have almost 100 games in on Godzilla Premium, bridge has never even shaken. I light up the “attack bridge” light and also light up the manga grab light… and shoot the Godzilla newton ball…nothing happens. Newton ball works (grabs ball) for annihilation bonus loop shot. Is my machine broken?

Try it in test mode with the interlock switch pulled out. What happens?

Are the two plastics on the front binding? Loosen the screws and move the plastics away from each other, then retighten.

If still nothing works, then check the wires and connections as was said.

1 week later
#20496 11 months ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Hi all. Yes, I have been living under a rock for some time now. Got to play Godzilla for the first time last month. Like it a lot. Now for the search. First question. Are they available to order new still at all from any distributors? If I buy used, anything to look out for with early release units, etc? For those in the Chicago area, shoot me a PM if you are looking to cycle out your machine. Thanks in advance for any intel! Dave

You can definitely get it new from a distributor. You just may have to wait a bit. Call around to see what distributors have in stock and what they say about estimated wait time. I would recommend Automated Services in CT. They are one of the largest distributors so it may allow you to get it sooner.

1 week later
#20717 11 months ago
Quoted from impact1875:

My premium started having a problem with (lock is lit, get to the roof) balls not registering. Did a test and discovered VUK Exit Opto switch 64 is not working. I removed the building cover (3 screws) and the Opto receiver board is not lit red like the other Opto switches. I am thinking either it is not getting power or its bad. What is the procedure for testing? Thanks in advance!

Did you reseat any connectors on the board or the wires leading to the board? I have not looked at mine to see what connectors there are, but I would first check all relevant connectors.

#20825 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m confused. There’s a skill shot to the left inlane? That seems impossible given the layout.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Alright, alright. I yield. It’s a shot.
It’s a long weekend, and I suddenly have a new goal.
TheLaw want to have a contest? First one to make it gets bragging rights for the year.
No video necessary. Just on our honor.

Quoted from TheLaw:

IN.
I think mines going to be real tough because I have some rattle off the mecha the slower I plunge.

Just made this skill shot for the first time! TheLaw I win!!!

#20827 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

It's very much an "infield blooper" type shot but boy is it fun when you hit it

Oh yeah. Mine was very much random luck after 3 months of plunges.

#20842 11 months ago

Just updated to 1.05 and also noticed that the hold on the magnet for the destruction jackpot was off. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

1 week later
#21109 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I installed the Godzilla Powerbladez last night. They look great, but I will say they are VERY tight in the front where the connectors are.

Yep. I have a small tear in them on the right side where it bulges because of the wires. Barely noticeable, but it’s a shame that the product isn’t 1 mm thinner.

#21260 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Here are my pitch measurements at the flippers, mid-field, and by the building. This can't be normal.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve encountered that variation on multiple pins, and they all play fine. Wood is flexible, and there are heavy components on different pieces of it. As was stated, if it plays fine, don’t worry about it.

1 month later
#23300 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I’m new to the game but the Oxygen Destroyer is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the code. Are there a lot of other games that have that ball save logic?

Toto on WOZ.

1 week later
#23438 8 months ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

That‘s what I initially thought as well. Then I watched this video:

and learned that Anguirus is much more powerful: when you drain the last additional ball of a multiball (i.e. there is only one ball in play) and then immediately press the Action Button when you have collected Anguirus as an ally, it RESTARTS your multiball.

Sort of. When it adds a ball, it also adds a short ball save. So, yes, when you lose that last ball for multiball, if you quickly press the action button, the ball save will come on and spit it back out.

2 weeks later
#23766 8 months ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Hi Guys
I sold my GZ premium because I found an LE.
I'm really happy with this deal but my LE has the broken plastic issue at the magna grab.
I saw that stern had modified the plastic on the new runs. My distributor told me that he had requested some from stern but he s waiting for them for months.
This plastic exists at pinball Life but I believe that it is the original version (this one risks breaking again because of the bridge).
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-godzilla-premiumle-magna-grab-plastic.html
Does someone know how to get it ?

If you search this thread, you’ll find a post of someone taking a video of fixing the bridge hitting the plastic by putting a small washer or two in the coil sleeve. Then you can get that plastic and not worry about it because you’ve shortened the amount the bridge travels so it doesn’t hit the plastic anymore. Even the modified Stern plastic would chip, so the washer fix is necessary no matter what.

2 weeks later
#24028 7 months ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Is anyone else's lockdown bar on their GZ Pro too wide?
Mine hangs over the edge on both sides about 3/8". That doesn't sound bad but after a while, it starts digging into your hands. I have reached out a few times to my distributor without a response. I can get a new lockdown bar for 99 from Pinball life, but I want to make sure that it is not going to be just as bad.
I have posted about this here before and got no response so I am trying again before I pull the trigger on a replacement.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Pinside is amazing. I learn about problems I never knew I had. Yep, my lockdown bar appears to be the same. Never bothered me though, and I didn’t notice until today despite owning the game for over a year.

4 weeks later
#24436 6 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here's a picture of a newer run (2022) and run a first year run (2021). Plastic covers magnet.
Not sure when change was made.
[quoted image][quoted image]

And either way, that plastic will crack from the bridge unless you take other steps to protect it, like putting a small washer in the coil sleeve to limit movement of the arm or putting a small furniture bumper on the plastic itself.

4 weeks later
#24714 5 months ago

This might look good hanging next to my GZ.

IMG_3594 (resized).jpegIMG_3594 (resized).jpeg

#24733 5 months ago
Quoted from MajMalfunction:

Joined the Godzilla owners club today (my first pin).
My balls consistently ramp up into the wire form ramp return when I hit the mechagodzilla spinner. Any suggestions?

Lower the left flipper strength a bit in the settings menu.

#24749 5 months ago

I never actively try to start Tesla mode. It usually just happens, often during multiball where I seem to get the most out of the mode.

#24765 5 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm sure there are locations that never updated it. But wow, anyone that owns the game in there home? That would be nuts. The code was really good for release code, but it just kept getting better and better. Anyone running the original should be too embarrassed to post about it.

Wait, you can update code???

Kidding.

#24797 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ll be honest, I have no idea what code version is on mine. I have EHOH and GZ and I guess I thought they updated when left on in attract mode. I’ll have to check. I’ve manually updated Ehoh a few times. Can’t recall doing it with Zilla.

I always have to go to the update menu it seems. But then again, I don’t leave mine on when not playing.

#24817 5 months ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Yeah you have to leave it on for a while I think - I did by accident last week while doing some other stuff. It suddenly restarted and I got worried something blew, until the updating bar came up (I hadn't downloaded 1.07 yet).

Will it download while you’re playing?

1 month later
#26170 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

MY game is perfectly level at 6.5 degrees and the magna grab destruction jackpots still drops the ball a little far from the flipper. its out there idk if my flipper needs to be shifted outwards a couple mm or what

Raise the back right leg by a half a turn or two. Many of us have done that. Game still plays perfectly and the ball will drop closer to the upper left flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.