IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 549.
#15951 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It looks like things are getting fine-tuned nicely. So, is anyone going to make the "ABE FLIPS SHOOTER LANE FIX" available?

Thirded!

#15952 1 year ago

I was just installing some new speakers in my Godzilla and the subwoofer came with some foam tape included in the box. I installed this along the rail as ABE_FLIPS did with some plastic and for my first game seeing very positive results. Smoot plunge out of the lane and only one rattle plunge so far. Much better than before.

#15953 1 year ago

Has anyone else seen the ball save time out before getting the ball back from the scoop on the super secret skillshot?
More likely to happen when there is lots lit at the scoop like allies, powerup, and kaiju....

I don't hit the super secret often, but I'm sure that happened last night.
next time I have the glass off I will check but if anyone else has noticed the ballsave timer not pausing on that shot....

#15954 1 year ago

Ball save timer doesn’t pause for anything I do not think.

#15955 1 year ago

I have my prem. coming soon. Was wondering where you guys purchase your shaker motors from?

#15956 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have my prem. coming soon. Was wondering where you guys purchase your shaker motors from?

I have the PinballLife shaker in my Prem, zero complaints.

#15957 1 year ago

Just received my GZP after nearly a year! Question on the setup, I think the bubble level on thr playfield is off, It showed the front legs needing to go all the way up and back all the way down. Thats not right, I have a SW sitting right next to it that is normal. How often are the bubble guides off? I cant see where it is off, looks like it’s installed correctly but certainly is off. I don't have a playfield gauge, maybe I need one.

#15958 1 year ago

Hi all
Happy new owner of a GZ prem since yesterday!
But first issues...
It seems like my building is not working. Balls are supposed to be sent to the roof once lock is lit and you shoot the building one more time right? It does work on mine.
I also tries to test it une the menu : diag/game/bldg. I then press the white thing to have 48V and try select an option but both in happens...
Any ideas? (update it finally moves during a game but still can't test it)

On a side note in 3 games I already had 2 balls stucked behind the building on the ground floor. Is this the place where we are supposed to stick in a business card? Did really understand where to do that either....

Pinheads gods please help!

#15959 1 year ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Just received my GZP after nearly a year! Question on the setup, I think the bubble level on thr playfield is off, It showed the front legs needing to go all the way up and back all the way down. Thats not right, I have a SW sitting right next to it that is normal. How often are the bubble guides off? I cant see where it is off, looks like it’s installed correctly but certainly is off. I don't have a playfield gauge, maybe I need one.

Search is your friend.. Someone had this exact same post. Here it is for reference:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/284#post-7094621

But yes, regardless, you should never ever use the bubble. It is worthless. Spend $20 and buy a digital level.

#15960 1 year ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hi all
Happy new owner of a GZ prem since yesterday!
But first issues...
It seems like my building is not working. Balls are supposed to be sent to the roof once lock is lit and you shoot the building one more time right? It does work on mine.
I also tries to test it une the menu : diag/game/bldg. I then press the white thing to have 48V and try select an option but both in happens...
Any ideas? (update it finally moves during a game but still can't test it)
On a side note in 3 games I already had 2 balls stucked behind the building on the ground floor. Is this the place where we are supposed to stick in a business card? Did really understand where to do that either....
Pinheads gods please help!

If I'm understanding your issues correctly, I'm hoping I can help.

1) I had an issue where my building stopped moving altogether...both in play and test. It turned out that Node Board 10 (the one connected to the building mech that controls the building) went bad and I had to get a replacement from Stern. If your building is moving up and down now in play but not in test, are you holding the white button down when trying to test. You have to keep in held in to disable the 48v cutoff in order to test with the coin door open. If you are holding it down while trying to run the test and the building isn't moving up or down in test, then that's a new one to me. I'd check if there's anything restricting it. You could also check to ensure that the building up switch is working properly in test.

2) You can both manually adjust and in test adjust the building's position. You want to make sure that the building, in it's open position, is properly aligned to the playfield. If it's a little higher or lower, then it could impact ball travel or cause balls to be stuck.

I'm not an expert, just my two cents and hopefully that helps you out.

#15961 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ball save timer doesn’t pause for anything I do not think.

Not even the skill shot itself!?
Ball can be stuck in the scoop for ages with the video on screen etc.

surely that must be a bug.

#15962 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So from what we are seeing, alot people have the issue with this and it looks like the problem hardly depends on the shooter mech.
However, I was not able to get it right and I tried really hard to adjust the shooter rod trying different positions.
I also adjusted the playfield in the cabinet itself for a tight fit to rule out other factors.
It boils down to if the ball hugs the right hand side on the shooter lane exit, because that causes the ball to bounce off to the other side.
I also think that it should be normal for the ball to touch any sinde of the guide without getting stuck at the scoop.
[quoted image]

Oh I get your fix now, so it's keeping the ball from dropping on the extreme right curve of the ledge of the shooter ramp which takes it to a left trajectory on the drop causing the hangup, thus your fix is pushing the ball slightly to the left of the right rail for a smoother drop angle off the ramp. I guess the curve was necessary for the flow of the game but it does provide a tricky balance for a skill shot. Nice observation and solution

#15963 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

Not even the skill shot itself!?
Ball can be stuck in the scoop for ages with the video on screen etc.
surely that must be a bug.

Might be a bug, but wouldn’t be the first time Elwin has intentionally kept timers running while the ball is parked.

And don’t call me Shirley.

#15964 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So from what we are seeing, alot people have the issue with this and it looks like the problem hardly depends on the shooter mech.
However, I was not able to get it right and I tried really hard to adjust the shooter rod trying different positions.
I also adjusted the playfield in the cabinet itself for a tight fit to rule out other factors.
It boils down to if the ball hugs the right hand side on the shooter lane exit, because that causes the ball to bounce off to the other side.
I also think that it should be normal for the ball to touch any sinde of the guide without getting stuck at the scoop.
[quoted image]

Also, I wonder if a ramp flap were installed at the end of the shooter ledge , taking away the curve drop to provide a straight drop edge, if that would provide the same path straightening effect?

I guess it would hide the ball a little at the curve, so your solution is probably the most invisible

#15965 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oh I get your fix now, so it's keeping the ball from dropping on the extreme right curve of the ledge of the shooter ramp which takes it to a left trajectory on the drop causing the hangup, thus your fix is pushing the ball slightly to the left of the right rail for a smoother drop angle off the ramp. I guess the curve was necessary for the flow of the game but it does provide a tricky balance for a skill shot. Nice observation and solution

I hope that picture explains whats happening here.
The plastic prevents the ball from dropping on the ballguides edge, thus its not bouncing off to the other side anymore.

ABE FLIPS SHOOTER LANE FIX (resized).jpgABE FLIPS SHOOTER LANE FIX (resized).jpg

#15966 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The plastic prevents the ball from dropping on the ballguides edge, thus its not bouncing off to the other side anymore.
[quoted image]

I get it now! Thanks for the pic and the fix Abe. And the videos!

#15967 1 year ago

Hey all,

Just setup my new Godzilla Premium. Love it already after just a few plays. I am having one issue and I wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion before I contact Stern.

When I shoot balls into the bldg, when ready to load them up for multiball, I get intermittent results that the balls get recognized in the lower trough or registering and advancing the lock count. Sometimes the ball will stay in the bottom trough until the games cycles a ball search and then the game will continue fine, and then other times it will shoot up but not recognize the ball has been put on top of the bldg, not increasing the lock count and it takes multiple ball searches and then it has to lower the bldg and dump the balls on the playfield for the game to continue.

I found two sets of optos in that path and the solder joints look good and there are no loose wires. Also the connectors seem good and tight. I followed them the the board they feed to and those connectors are good and seated correctly.

Any ideas or has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

Thanks

#15968 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Hey all,
Just setup my new Godzilla Premium. Love it already after just a few plays. I am having one issue and I wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion before I contact Stern.
When I shoot balls into the bldg, when ready to load them up for multiball, I get intermittent results that the balls get recognized in the lower trough or registering and advancing the lock count. Sometimes the ball will stay in the bottom trough until the games cycles a ball search and then the game will continue fine, and then other times it will shoot up but not recognize the ball has been put on top of the bldg, not increasing the lock count and it takes multiple ball searches and then it has to lower the bldg and dump the balls on the playfield for the game to continue.
I found two sets of optos in that path and the solder joints look good and there are no loose wires. Also the connectors seem good and tight. I followed them the the board they feed to and those connectors are good and seated correctly.
Any ideas or has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?
Thanks

Has been reported before by a few people. In my case the issue was the ball being trapped in the gap between the subway (where the ball is dropped from the building when in lock position) and the VUK. Seems like in some games this gap is too large and can trap the ball until ball search activates. This is my solution and so far it is working very well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316#post-7199283

#15969 1 year ago

I just updated to 1.01 code and now most of my high scores are missing - is that normal?

#15970 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just updated to 1.01 code and now most of my high scores are missing - is that normal?

What update method did you use?

I lose scores and settings when creating a fresh and card with the code. So not really upgrade. More of a fresh install.

#15971 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

What update method did you use?
I lose scores and settings when creating a fresh and card with the code. So not really upgrade. More of a fresh install.

I did it over wifi within the network tab in the settings, no external methods

#15972 1 year ago

I did the quick / verified update per USB and none of the highscores are gone.

#15973 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Have you played 2,000 games? Default settings wipe all high scores except GC every 2,000 games.

#15974 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you played 2,000 games? Default settings wipe all high scores except GC every 2,000 games.

I’ve had it since last Tuesday lol
So less than 30 games
Plus only my top 2 scores and some of the tier battle scores and Multiball scores disappeared

#15975 1 year ago

Weird. Time to get them back!

#15976 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. Time to get them back!

I guess I have to, it is weird but at least it’s early in ownership

#15977 1 year ago

Hello i have been wondering what is the idea / objective of the designer who made the roof of the building?
The multi balls aims directly between the flipper bats.

Is it in order to oblige the player to shake the pinball ?

What are your thoughts? Does somene know why?

#15978 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

Hello i have been wondering what is the idea / objective of the designer who made the roof of the building?

On the LE I had the balls did not go directly between the flippers (stdm) so I think it’s something that can be adjusted and depends how it’s placed during production.

#15979 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

It's by design so you can't shoot the balls right back into the moving building which can cause balls to get stuck.

Supposedly if your machine is leveled properly the balls should hit the edge of the left flipper if you are holding the left flipper button.

I also don't see why this bothers people so much. The auto plunger will spit the balls right back out with some space between them as well so you don't have 3 balls stuck together like they are when rolling out from the building. I can keep the balls in sometimes by bouncing them off the tip of the flipper but I don't even bother because you get better results from the plunged balls.

#15980 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

OK so I think I found a more permanent fix for the Prem/LE issue reported by multiple users of a ball going through the building in the lock position but not being found. Issue seems to be that the ball gets stuck in the gap between the subway and VUK, with end result of game going into ball search. Specially annoying if it’s the first locked ball because as your ball is finally found and kicked up, the building goes down during ball search and you end up losing the locked ball. I believe this only happens in machines where that gap is slightly larger than it should be from factory, just enough to trap a ball. Previously it was suggested to place a business card to close the gap, which I did and it worked well for a while, but after some time the issue occurred again, I imagine I didn’t place the card correctly or it gave in.
So this is my fix. It helps to use clamps or some other trick to lift the back of the playfield for access, I used these ones from Harbor Freight suggested in a video by Cary Hardy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The vertical tunnel/subway that brings the ball from the VUK to the top of the building has 3 screws on each side. I removed them and placed 2 small washers behind the top screws on each side between the backboard and the tunnel/subway, placed 1 washer behind the middle screws, and no washer behind the bottom screws. It took a while to get it all done because it’s tricky to hold the washers in place while you replace the screws. I used a small flat screwdriver to press the washers in position and was patient when they kept falling until I finally got them all in.
[quoted image]Top:[quoted image]Middle:[quoted image]Bottom:[quoted image]
End result is that the vertical tunnel/subway gets tilted back from the top just a bit. This leads to ever so slight closing of the gap between the bottom subway and VUK, as well as slight tilting back of the VUK plate. I think the combination of both of these prevents the ball from getting stuck in the gap. In my case at least I have not had a single instance of a trapped ball after many plays and testing over the last 2 weeks. I’ll report back it it fails.
End result:[quoted image]Gap:[quoted image]
Just wanted to share this in case this might help somebody else.

Is this still working for you?

Has anyone else tried this?

#15981 1 year ago

Thanks RoadQueen I will give it a try. That was the one thing I didn't look at closely was the gap, I was so focused on Optos.

Quoted from RoadQueen:

Has been reported before by a few people. In my case the issue was the ball being trapped in the gap between the subway (where the ball is dropped from the building when in lock position) and the VUK. Seems like in some games this gap is too large and can trap the ball until ball search activates. This is my solution and so far it is working very well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316#post-7199283

#15982 1 year ago

I had Convolux installed in my Pro, thus bringing the ramps higher. This in turn caused slower balls to hang at the left entrance and right exit of the building and for faster balls would have caused damage over time to the balls and/or the building.

IMG_1831 (resized).JPGIMG_1831 (resized).JPG
IMG_1832 (resized).JPGIMG_1832 (resized).JPG

Since I did not want to bend the ramps, I had to bring the building up. Using washers was a no-go because I would surely manage them to fall off during installation of the building. So I created these Hex Spacer Toppers which are simply placed over the top of the Hex Posts to which the building is attached to. They raise the building by the height of the Convolux, are easy to install/remove and, more importantly, completely fixed my problem. Now I need to learn to play better

IMG_1833 (resized).JPGIMG_1833 (resized).JPGIMG_1834 (resized).JPGIMG_1834 (resized).JPGIMG_1835 (resized).JPGIMG_1835 (resized).JPG

#15983 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

HurryUpPinball makes a mod that solves this problem, I would definitely recommend getting it.

#15984 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

Elwin said in a podcast it’s by design as others have stated. My suggestion is level, re-level, and check your level again. When it’s completely dialed in I can confirm (on mine) that balls hit the tip of the left flipper. As a bonus the destruction jackpot is easier to hit and the game seems to play even better than before. It’s really worth the effort and time.

#15985 1 year ago

True Story.

Same with mine, hits tip of flipper, and setup quite nicely. When level.

Quoted from Pugster:

Elwin said in a podcast it’s by design as others have stated. My suggestion is level, re-level, and check your level again. When it’s completely dialed in I can confirm (on mine) that balls hit the tip of the left flipper. As a bonus the destruction jackpot is easier to hit and the game seems to play even better than before. It’s really worth the effort and time.

#15986 1 year ago

Looking for a GZ Premium? I just cancelled my order with Classic Game Rooms, so he has one.

#15987 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Does it just BARELY hit the tip of the left flipper? Or does it hit it flush and bounce over to the right flipper and stay in play?

#15988 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Does it just BARELY hit the tip of the left flipper? Or does it hit it flush and bounce over to the right flipper and stay in play?

It’s designed to drain so the building has time to change levels. And there’s a ball save timer going.

I don’t understand why everyone keeps freaking out about this.

#15989 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just the tip.

#15990 1 year ago

Like just for second...just to see how it feels.

#15991 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It’s designed to drain so the building has time to change levels. And there’s a ball save timer going.

It's unusual (and frustrating) behavior - Stern should add a visual indicator on the screen so that you know it's supposed to happen. Only way people will stop thinking something's wrong

#15992 1 year ago

That's what she said. Someone had to say.

#15993 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's unusual (and frustrating) behavior - Stern should add a visual indicator on the screen so that you know it's supposed to happen. Only way people will stop thinking something's wrong

Ball save is on. If they all drained and it ended MB, that would be different.

#15994 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image]

Hmmm, I guess mine is different from what your are showing... I don't have that little projection of the shooter ramp going over the curved ball guide must be dependent upon installation of where they screwed it down and attach the ramp itself. Must be why I never really have a problem with mine...

Screenshot_20221025-102429_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221025-102429_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221025_102247 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221025_102247 (resized).jpg

#15995 1 year ago

Yeah, your ABE_FLIPS ramp (below) is definitely sticking over the shelf slightly more than mine on the right side, creating that small protrusion

Screenshot_20221025-103932_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221025-103932_Chrome (resized).jpg

#15996 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Level your game and find out. If you hold up the flipper, It hits the tip and deflects the balls back, some of them go to the left flipper, some to the right. It’s enough to give you a handle on the balls. Rarely do any drain when I play. It happens occasionally

#15997 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I know and I know that Elwin has stated both. I'm not freaking out about anything. Not sure how asking a question about it is considered freaking out.

#15998 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hmmm, I guess mine is different from what your are showing... I don't have that little projection of the shooter ramp going over the curved ball guide must be dependent upon installation of where they screwed it down and attach the ramp itself. Must be why I never really have a problem with mine...
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ramp should not go over the ballguide at all. It should be in front of the ball guide, at the same height as the ballguide. No wonder some people have problems when it is not assembled correctly.
shooterlanejpg (resized).jpgshooterlanejpg (resized).jpg

#15999 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It’s designed to drain so the building has time to change levels.

This may be true but imo it's just not fun to start a multi-ball by having the balls drain and auto-plunge.

#16000 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This may be true but imo it's just not fun to start a multi-ball by having the balls drain and auto-plunge.

I totally get it, frustrated me a bit until I re-levelled. When you do get it absolutely dialed in you’ll be able to keep all 3 in play with the flipper up. The real bonus is how my scores improved and my fun factor increased once I really got it level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/320?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.