PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 548.
#15801 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Wait...
"- Imposter Battle - award has now been changed from Skill Shot rollunder switch to hitting the Left Spinner and time has been extended to light for 5 seconds after the ball drop"
Wait, the roll under gate no longer triggers an imposter award? What else does the roll under gate do? (Wondering if I still need to install the MRS there...)

It triggers the skill shot, doesn't it? which is also sometimes missed by the roll under. Hopefully this also fixes that issue

#15802 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I have been on easy mode because my kids hate the left ramp. Medium might be a good compromise. It is a pretty tough shot for an important and repetitive mode start. Gotta sy makes the game more fun on easy

If you haven't adjusted the left ramp lane guide next to the magnet I highly suggest you take 2 minutes and do it. I've increased my successful left ramp shots by %75.

#15803 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I have a mesh system - I wonder if it's connecting to the wrong point. I'll have to troubleshoot

I have a google wifi mesh network and it’s fine. But yeah, that might be an issue.

#15804 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just got the new "Shoot the umm...wamps to light Kaiju battle" callout last night. I laughed so hard I almost drained my ball, great callback to to old code, I do kinda miss that guy though

The original "Wamps" callout is still in there... at least in 1.00. Just not as frequent.

#15805 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

For people that update code via wifi - how long does it normally take? Mine seems really slow

Prior to this update, it said it would take like 180+ hours, so I always downloaded it via the web.

Since the last update however I replaced the crappy wifi dongle in my GZ with the $10 Microcenter one that I have in my JP, and the update today took about 25 minutes to download.

I always had IC connectivity issues with the Stern dongle and even had a USB extender to keep it outside of the backbox. It's like 10 feet through my ceiling to the wifi access point.

Since I put the other one in there, without the USB extender, I haven't had one issue, including this update over wifi.

#15806 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

If you haven't adjusted the left ramp lane guide next to the magnet I highly suggest you take 2 minutes and do it. I've increased my successful left ramp shots by %75.

Is it the large bolt under the magnet or the smaller one below? I have tried both and never got much give on the guide

#15807 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Is it the large bolt under the magnet or the smaller one below? I have tried both and never got much give on the guide

It’s the one I’m pointing at. Loosen, then while pulling the guide toward the magnet, tighten. Should look like second pic when done.

614956DF-D7A0-4DEC-9CBA-CEF98697BEC1 (resized).jpeg614956DF-D7A0-4DEC-9CBA-CEF98697BEC1 (resized).jpegC10CB0D2-D817-4D5F-B297-A40A2E46BDFC (resized).jpegC10CB0D2-D817-4D5F-B297-A40A2E46BDFC (resized).jpeg
#15808 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It’s the one I’m pointing at. Loosen, then while pulling the guide toward the magnet, tighten. Should look like second pic when done.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah ok, thanks

#15809 1 year ago

Seconded

Quoted from bloodonthepins:

The new music in godzilla multiball and the imposter shot change are both really cool changes. Not so sure about the new default difficulty for kaiju battle qualification though.

#15810 1 year ago

Got my GZ in July with nagging little inconsistencies. Shooter rod wouldn’t reach the ball (had to stuff the tip with paper), scoop wouldn’t always register, mismatced textures on the lockdown bar and side rails, and the WORST OF ALL (that I have still not been able to troubleshoot): the backbox will not raise fully to engage the bolts. Sags slightly forward and makes the lineup at home look off. Still can’t figure it out.

#15811 1 year ago

One thing I found with the patch is for the first battle you can shoot two of any ramps to light the battle. But both lights, back yellow, stay on until you get two. Issue is you don’t know how many you got done until they go off and battle comes on. Issue for those of us in leagues and comp play it’s good to know how many of each you have done to time things. Minor but I noticed right off the bat. They should make one go out then the other. Just an idea….

#15812 1 year ago

Question on the 1.01 Release.

Which is the "Get rid of the East Coast Guy callouts - Yes or No" setting?

#15813 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

One thing I found with the patch is for the first battle you can shoot two of any ramps to light the battle. But both lights, back yellow, stay on until you get two. Issue is you don’t know how many you got done until they go off and battle comes on. Issue for those of us in leagues and comp play it’s good to know how many of each you have done to time things. Minor but I noticed right off the bat. They should make one go out then the other. Just an idea….

If one goes out it'll confuse the player who will think it's the old rule: must shoot both ramps to qualify, and they'll avoid the now unlit ramp even though it's still active.

Maybe have both lamps blink after one is made?

#15814 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

$3000 by Christmas

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Will it cycle or randomly pick them? I'm not a hater of that song; I just hated it after hearing it a million times. To the point that I used the music attenuation settings to kill all music. Will be glad to be able to go back to factory for that one.

idem, i didn't hated the song, but listening tons and tons of times was kite annoying, and was the annoying music on godzilla in my oppinion

#15815 1 year ago

....and now for another installment of Find the Ball..

20221020_163335 (resized).jpg20221020_163335 (resized).jpg
#15816 1 year ago

Apparently I was 2 versions behind; could have sworn I installed 1.0 but I guess not! Instead of jumping to 1.01 Insider Connected installed 1.00 and then rebooted. I noticed no way to select the music during GZ multiball, and checked - I’m only at 1.0! About to install todays update ..

#15817 1 year ago

Just played the new code. It has some nice "polish" items. I like the song selection for the multi-ball.

#15818 1 year ago

Most of the new music is so soft I can barely hear any of it lol

#15819 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Most of the new music is so soft I can barely hear any of it lol

Yeah, the call callouts are way louder than the new music!

#15820 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If one goes out it'll confuse the player who will think it's the old rule: must shoot both ramps to qualify, and they'll avoid the now unlit ramp even though it's still active.
Maybe have both lamps blink after one is made?

YES I like your idea of solid on none, blink on one, and off on two. I might submit a code fix ticket. I will see him at the expo too.

#15821 1 year ago

Anyone hearing any new callouts?

#15822 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Got my GZ in July with nagging little inconsistencies. Shooter rod wouldn’t reach the ball (had to stuff the tip with paper), scoop wouldn’t always register, mismatced textures on the lockdown bar and side rails, and the WORST OF ALL (that I have still not been able to troubleshoot): the backbox will not raise fully to engage the bolts. Sags slightly forward and makes the lineup at home look off. Still can’t figure it out.

My shooter rod is the same. I actually just slid the shooter rubber up a quarter inch and surprisingly it has not slid back down on the shaft yet. If it does I might pack it with a washer or nut same size as the shooter rod.

That or get your rod stretcher out.

#15823 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Anyone hearing any new callouts?

I heard “oh! My car!” For the first time. That made me smile - really miss CFTBL

#15824 1 year ago

"Nooo.. not my favorite power line!" always cracks me up.

How many of these are there anyway? I think I've heard 5-6 different....

#15825 1 year ago

The nerdiest, most inside baseball one I heard was "no! Jeremy's Twippy!" which will probably be pretty confusing to people playing this in 10 years.

#15826 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:Mine just did the reboot pop twice, I can hear it from the other room. Its on the installing code screen now. I think it rebooted when the auto downloaded finished. Nice we don't have to fool around with flash drives anymore.

I put my volume on zero before the update and it toned down the pop quite a bit.

#15827 1 year ago

I saw something new tonight, after installing the new code, though I don't think that's part of it. The Magna Grab repulsed the ball against the far wall of the back alley instead of grabbing it the way it usually does... ??

#15828 1 year ago

That's happened to me in the past, just takes lucky timing.

#15829 1 year ago

The kids will be pleased to see new code as it means all the scores are reset and they have a chance to get their names in again! lol

#15830 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

The kids will be pleased to see new code as it means all the scores are reset and they have a chance to get their names in again! lol

All scores should have been saved during the upgrade.

#15831 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

All scores should have been saved during the upgrade.

I should have said...
My method has always been to build a new SDcard image.
1. in case anything went wrong I have a backup
2. the wifi performance seems woefully bad.
3. initial attempts to find a spare usb drive were problematic.

I might try and find a USB drive this time though as I have a pretty good Hedorah high score that I doubt I will get again!

#15832 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

I should have said...
My method has always been to build a new SDcard image.
1. in case anything went wrong I have a backup
2. the wifi performance seems woefully bad.
3. initial attempts to find a spare usb drive were problematic.
I might try and find a USB drive this time though as I have a pretty good Hedorah high score that I doubt I will get again!

Ahh that makes sense. There is a setting that after 2000 games the scores reset. Family loved it and me I had to post scores again. Yeah, since I have it set to NO. I do thou have a white board for weekly high scores in the pin room.

#15833 1 year ago

Understanding that there are difference ways that you can set-up your game, sharper angles, outlane posts at the tightest space to pulling bumpers right out as is done in tournaments, on average - what would you say is an average game time on Godz? I watched Elwin play and the game seemed to go on to LOTRs times.

#15834 1 year ago

How did you manage that?

Inked062769b03a92f2ab502c13b73fcc6d17cb7ebc10 (resized).jpgInked062769b03a92f2ab502c13b73fcc6d17cb7ebc10 (resized).jpg
#15835 1 year ago

Gotta say, Godzilla 1954 theme is a really cool choice for the multiball. Makes that mode feel even more like Godzilla than the BOC song.

#15836 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

The nerdiest, most inside baseball one I heard was "no! Jeremy's Twippy!" which will probably be pretty confusing to people playing this in 10 years.

10 years? I'm confused now ...

#15837 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

How did you manage that?
[quoted image]

It was planted there

#15838 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Understanding that there are difference ways that you can set-up your game, sharper angles, outlane posts at the tightest space to pulling bumpers right out as is done in tournaments, on average - what would you say is an average game time on Godz? I watched Elwin play and the game seemed to go on to LOTRs times.

It can be a long player due to the frequency of extra balls for various goals you naturally achieve as you progress through the game.

Strictly talking about the difficulty in terms of layout - it’s much tougher than AIQ, but more forgiving than IMDN or JP. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I’d give it a 6.

The only difficult shots to me are the left ramp and left spinner behind the upper flipper. Thankfully missed shots to the left ramp are forgiving because it’s such a long shot up the playfield.

The main difficulty comes from the importance of shooting the scoop and missed shots to it either clashing into the Mechzilla lane or pop bumper will send the ball wild and likely result in a right side or middle drain.

#15839 1 year ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

How did you manage that?
[quoted image]

I went for the skill shot. It was literally plunged to THAT spot and stopped right there.

#15840 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It was planted there

I wouldn't waste anyone's time and plant it there. I have four kids. Got better things to do. It's real. So is the other one I posted. I'm sure it happens to all of us. I just took the time to post it. Thought it was crazy.

#15841 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Quoted from Taygeta:

It can be a long player due to the frequency of extra balls for various goals you naturally achieve as you progress through the game.
Strictly talking about the difficulty in terms of layout - it’s much tougher than AIQ, but more forgiving than IMDN or JP. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I’d give it a 6.
The only difficult shots to me are the left ramp and left spinner behind the upper flipper. Thankfully missed shots to the left ramp are forgiving because it’s such a long shot up the playfield.
The main difficulty comes from the importance of shooting the scoop and missed shots to it either clashing into the Mechzilla lane or pop bumper will send the ball wild and likely result in a right side or middle drain.

There may be an audit that shows average game time, but I would guess around 15 minutes in my case. Godzilla can be a longer playing game with my longest so far being 50 minutes (8.2B, 3 ball, EB's On, standard tilt and settings).

I've had longer games on Twilight Zone, Deadpool and on AIQ I've had many over an hour and a few in the 90 minute range.

#15842 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I've had the game since December and still haven't turned on Extra Balls for this very reason. I know they're scattered to help you get further in the game, but at the same time, I'm of the mind that you need to play better if you want to get further in the game. That's what gives me the "one more game" vibe that I want out of pinball; it keeps the games short, and it's also much more exciting when you know you don't have the safety of all those extra balls lying in wait.

#15843 1 year ago

New code has lots of new little lighting enhancements all threwout the game alng with lots of other things... so much attention to little details . This game is definitely gonna be hard to top imo as the premium is just the total package of what i see as the perfect pinball experience. Told my fiance that I can choose different songs at mb now and she was so relieved ... she had gotten super annoyed with boc lol..

#15844 1 year ago

I never thought I would purchase a NIB machine. But, I found a GZ Prem a couple days ago that was ready to ship and I pulled the trigger. Just got the shipping info and I couldn't be more excited! 

I haven't even played the game yet haha! I just have to see if the hype for this game is real. I've even managed to avoid any gameplay videos, spoilers, etc. I just prefer it to be a total surprise. Now I just need to quickly sell a game to make some room! 

#15845 1 year ago
Quoted from mab487:

I just have to see if the hype for this game is real.

Oh it is.

#15846 1 year ago
Quoted from mab487:

I never thought I would purchase a NIB machine. But, I found a GZ Prem a couple days ago that was ready to ship and I pulled the trigger. Just got the shipping info and I couldn't be more excited! 
I haven't even played the game yet haha! I just have to see if the hype for this game is real. I've even managed to avoid any gameplay videos, spoilers, etc. I just prefer it to be a total surprise. Now I just need to quickly sell a game to make some room!

I am in exactly the same boat, im picking one up tomorrow, sold one last week to make room.

#15847 1 year ago

SHOOTER LANE FIX:

After trying alot of different things i found a solution for my game.
It doesn't look nice yet, but it works very well.

The main problem is, when the ball hugs the right side after the shooter lane exit.
When it drops down it touches the right ballguide on the top and bounces over to the left side and gets cought there.

I made a plastic guide and attached it with a double side 3M tape above the metal guide, so the ball cant bounce off it.
The guide has to be as thick as the metal guide to make the transition seamless.
Its important to start with the plastic guide right at the start of the shooter lane, so the ball won't get caught.

If that fix will get famous like my AIQ fix on the Captain Marvel Ramp I invented,
please give me credit by calling it "ABE FLIPS SHOOTER LANE FIX"

Let me know if it works out for you guys.

Abe Flips fix0.gifAbe Flips fix0.gif

FIX
Abe Flips fix (resized).jpgAbe Flips fix (resized).jpgAbe Flips fix2 (resized).jpgAbe Flips fix2 (resized).jpg

#15848 1 year ago

That is great if that fixes it. And it looks like it does because of how slow your ball is going and it still goes straight. I assumed it was because of the angled drop but apparently it's not.

Next time I have my glass off I'm going to take a look at this and play around with it as well and see if I can find something to use to put there.

#15849 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I wouldn't waste anyone's time and plant it there. I have four kids. Got better things to do. It's real. So is the other one I posted. I'm sure it happens to all of us. I just took the time to post it. Thought it was crazy.

Speaking of happening to all of us. This was incredible timing. During Mechagodzilla multiball one ball was coming across the wireform while another ball was entering the inlane. They stopped each other and there they sat. I had to pull the glass. Nudging wouldn't budge the balls loose.

IMG_1323 (resized).jpegIMG_1323 (resized).jpeg
#15850 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Speaking of happening to all of us. This was incredible timing. During Mechagodzilla multiball one ball was coming across the wireform while another ball was entering the inlane. They stopped each other and there they sat. I had to pull the glass. Nudging wouldn't budge the balls loose.[quoted image]

Awesome timing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/317 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.