PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider returner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5480 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

See images
Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

I would care more for the playfield under the magnet cap than the plastic...

2 weeks later
#6291 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone else’s glass ridiculously tight? Tightest of all my tables by far. Makes me a little nervous every time I have to take it off.

My glass hits the front edge of the cab, had to slide a thin plastic sheet between the cab and glass to get it out. And the edges are sharp as hell.

3 months later
#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I figure it’s less likely now going forward if they’re on the lookout for a problem.

They have been sending out warped playfield for several years, why would they stop now...

1 week later
#10136 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Congrats on your game! I am playing the crap out of mine this past week.
Just to note your issues have nothing to do with Stern. The entire machine is ran though before shipping to ensure it works before it goes in the box. Judging by the damage to the box I think your machine got dropped or something high impact that both damaged your lockbar and also knocked that flipper switch out of place.

I don't think so. Ledboard soldered backways, wrong wiring and so on. Nothing that could happen during transport.

#10190 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I've decided to stop futzing with my center spinner and upper flipper and just replace them to see if that takes care of the issue. Trying to determine which parts to order. Starting with the spinner.
Question: The manual has a page of different spinner assemblies, but none of them are for the top spinner (the name used for it elsewhere in the manual). Would the correct parts for the top spinner be the same as any of these?
[quoted image]

511-5786-00 is the center spinner.

1 week later
#10460 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Replaced optos on the left ramp, and problem solved!
New problem though... Went to adjust my right flipper, and the bolt holding the flipper in place is mega tight
There isn't much space to work, so I need a tool that gives some reach. Anyone have amy suggestions?

An allen key like this one works just fine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10480 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

What is included in the hard coat kit? I haven't heard of that before but sounds interesting.

Small bottle with unknown content, too big brush and rough sandpaper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10662 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

So much for being beyond excited for my machine. I’m usually so good at diagnosing what’s wrong.I can’t figure it out. Usually someone has had the same issue and I can read and figure it out from there. Not this time I guess.

Maybe this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-building-stuck#post-6918178

1 week later
#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Looks good! What all did you have to do to get at the screws on the back side of that bridge? I've looked at how that bridge might be disassembled, but seems like there is no easy way about it.

http://www.chromecandy.com/GZbridge.pdf

3 weeks later
#11564 1 year ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

no one who can chime in on this one?
or can post a pic of their playfield?

If that's the only "problem" you could find with the playfield then you are fine.

2 weeks later
#12222 1 year ago

Move the plastic apart, they are binding.

1 month later
#13979 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Are these apron lights ever supposed to light and under what condition? Mine don’t seem to and couldn’t find anything about them in settings. TIA
[quoted image]

Mine had the cables shifted, does the triangle to the left on the apron light up?
They are connected in parallel with this.

#14020 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Did some trouble shooting and now I am stumped. Here’s some info.
Both arch GIs as well as the light under the plastic triangle in the arch aren’t lighting (never have since I received game). See circled leds in the pic.
These three leds all lead to a molex plug under the apron. Wires are yellow-black and white-black.
They end up at Node 8, CN 15, pins 2 & 6.
Solder points on leds appear sound. Molex seems okay. Molex on node board seems ok. Reseated both molex’s.
The wires going to all three out leds appear to be getting power. Please see pics of multi-meter. My knowledge of multi meter sucks so please correct me if I am reading this incorrect. My assumption is that the meter is telling me there’s power coming through. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the pins alternated in this Molex?
Hard to tell on the picture, but it looks wrong.

35e9fc3ea99d525e2e9263df29c1f3e48346c38f (resized).jpg35e9fc3ea99d525e2e9263df29c1f3e48346c38f (resized).jpg
#14195 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Found in cabinet, can’t seem to place it…..any help is appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a bumper pad to the VUC or the Ball Trough

1 week later
#14488 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

[quoted image]

That is a problem, i don't understand how they could let it pass.

1 month later
#15609 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Is it confirmed that the speakers should be set to 4ohm? Mine had crackling when I set it to 4. None happens at 8 ohms though.

My cabinet speaker is marked 4 ohm (Premium), never seen that before.

1 week later
#15869 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

What are the chances of Stern releasing an official fix for this?
Is it worth raising a support case with them to highlight the cause of the issue?

None, most machines don't have this problem.

#15874 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Not true. I have seen this on all 5 machines I have played. On some it happenes less than on others.
Even if its just a slight rattle the ball gets, it slows down the ball enough, so that you can't make the skillshot reliable.
That means, the "skill" in "skillshot gets replaced by "luck".
Anyway, I dont think Stern will do anything about this, but we have seen changes after the first release in the passt.
They could extend the metal on the right hand side down the shooter lane. This would be the best solution imo.
People didn't go too deep into this because they thought they just have to fine tune their shooter mech and sometimes the skillshot even works.
However, IMO it is a design flaw which really can be fixed with a piece of plastic.

I guess i'm lucky then, my own machine always shoots straight. The plunger hits the ball a little to the left, but I don't fix anything that's not broke.

All the machines i have played has been ok, but i've watched streams where the ball bouncing around. As you say the design of the guide is not bulletproof.

#15887 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Haha nice one! So i guess your plunger unit makes it so, that the ball never hugs the right ballguide.
Lounge
Thanks for the correction 0.07 inch is right

Anyway, great if you find a solution for those with problems. The main problem why the ball does not go straight on some machines seems to be difficult to solve, i realized that when i searched here in the thread now.

#15998 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hmmm, I guess mine is different from what your are showing... I don't have that little projection of the shooter ramp going over the curved ball guide must be dependent upon installation of where they screwed it down and attach the ramp itself. Must be why I never really have a problem with mine...
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ramp should not go over the ballguide at all. It should be in front of the ball guide, at the same height as the ballguide. No wonder some people have problems when it is not assembled correctly.
shooterlanejpg (resized).jpgshooterlanejpg (resized).jpg

#16033 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think you both still don't understand what causes the issue.
My ramp looks exactly like yours. My image you compared yours with, was shot from a different angle.
Here is my ramp. The ball bounces off the blue maked ballguide, EVERYONE has that. The only difference is, that on some games the ball leaves the ramp on the left hand side of the ramp, thus not bouncing off the ball guide...
[quoted image]

I know what the problem is. It was this picture that I reacted to, but it might just be the decal that is on top.....

picture (resized).jpgpicture (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#16611 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I wanted to follow up on my building rattle issue. I troubleshooted by tightening various screws and bolts under the playfield. Tightening the two bolts identified seems to have greatly help resolve the issue. These two bolts have soft rubber spacers under them and they have a lot of play to tighten them. I was able to tighten both of them a lot which keeps the building from leaning forward much when the building goes down.
I did notice however that the tilt was affected enough that if I run the building test with the playfield up it will catch on the ramp to the top of the building, preventing the building from moving. When the playfield is down and the game is played the building raises and lowers smoothly now most of the time. It does still occasionally rattle, but it's much less frequent. The game overall is playing great, so I'm tempted to not mess with it further and just enjoy the game. [quoted image]

Those two are adjustment screws to level the building with the playfield. They should not be tightened, take a look at page 66 in the manual.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

1 week later
#16917 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wondering if someone would do me a favor. I want to order the anti sway brackets for my standups on GZ, but pinballlife's shipping is just not a feasible option for Alaska. Asking if someone would purchase (I will send you the amount prior) and send via USPS to me? I will cover all costs. This is the Part I am trying to order: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
Here is the shipping quote for 4 brackets, which is why I am asking. Thanks to anyone who would consider helping.
[quoted image]

It is already installed on your machine from factory,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider returner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=returner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.