PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 548.
#14151 1 year ago

I have a October 2021 build date for my LE and have the playfield centering brackets on mine

#14152 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since Stern's cost is likely extremely low on this tiny bracket (like $.50?), it's unlikely cost cutting was their motivation. Hopefully they solved the problem in another way and simply didn't need the arcane tiny brackets to keep the PF stable. Less is more when it comes to parts/complexity (as long as PF stability isn't sacrificed, obviously).

Well, considering how you can still wiggle the playfields, I'd say it the problem is unsolved...

Usually when i put mine down, it is not perfectly centered. But its pretty easy to nudge over if i remember to do so.

#14153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats on a long-awaited delivery.
Congrats on a trouble-free NIB.
What mods have got, ready to install?
Just curious.

Thanks Jason. What a awesome game. I have TDiddy's limited edition Drake building mod and his bridge. A sweet looking GZ figure. Doug's framin frames speakerlightkit. Couple fighter jets and some Titan rubber to add. Few more mods coming down the road. Waitlists are long for some mods.

#14154 1 year ago

OK, so I spent some time making numerous adjustments to try to make my Gz play better. After reading so many of the issues in this thread, it's changed my perspective, and spending a bunch of time dialing it in is just going to be required, apparently!

Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Bend left ramp magnet side guide wider
Lower the pitch

I adjusted the level top to bottom, which has definitely made the game a lot easier, with very little downside. A lot of things now need readjusted though like the launch power and magnet settings, because the auto launch rarely sticks to the magnet for multiball.

Something has me baffled. I think I had the game too steep. Legs on the front and back were all the way in before. Now, with the bubble in the built in level in between the two lines, I had to adjust my back legs all the way down, and the front legs almost all the way up.

This doesn't seem right at all. Any ideas??

Possible reasons:
* Legs are different lengths? (never known this to be true on other games)
* Bubble level is WAY off (I used another so I think it's about right)
* Bubble level doesn't work the way I think it should/bubble shouldn't be in the middle
* Leg holes drilled grossly incorrect on either the front or rear?

Thanks,
Wade

#14155 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

OK, so I spent some time making numerous adjustments to try to make my Gz play better. After reading so many of the issues in this thread, it's changed my perspective, and spending a bunch of time dialing it in is just going to be required, apparently!
Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Lower the pitch
I adjusted the level top to bottom, which has definitely made the game a lot easier, with very little downside. A lot of things now need readjusted though like the launch power and magnet settings, because the auto launch rarely sticks to the magnet for multiball.
Something has me baffled. I think I had the game too steep. Legs on the front and back were all the way in before. Now, with the bubble in the built in level in between the two lines, I had to adjust my back legs all the way down, and the front legs almost all the way up.
Possible reasons:
* Bubble level doesn't work the way I think it should/bubble shouldn't be in the middle
Thanks,
Wade

is the Bubble level seated correctly

#14156 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Lower the pitch
Possible reasons:
Thanks,
Wade

Fornt legs should be all the way down and back legs about halfway up.Buy a digital level and try 6.8

#14157 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Well, considering how you can still wiggle the playfields, I'd say it the problem is unsolved...
Usually when i put mine down, it is not perfectly centered. But its pretty easy to nudge over if i remember to do so.

My PF doesn't wiggle at all. On another topic, pretty clear why my shooter is so wonky...pretty miserable alignment from the factory. Dialing in now...

IMG_1481 (resized).jpegIMG_1481 (resized).jpeg
#14158 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My PF doesn't wiggle at all. On another topic, pretty clear why my shooter is so wonky...pretty miserable alignment from the factory. Dialing in now...
[quoted image]

are you sure? Reach in the coin door, grab the bottom of the pf and pull right. You may see that gap in your photo close and the shooter become aligned.

#14159 1 year ago

Swapped the shaker motor from Star Wars to Godzilla last night. What a diff-- highly recommend a shaker on Godzilla! (set to minimal use, a little goes a long way!). I don't miss it on Star Wars. But oh so good on Godzilla! Those footsteps shaking the house is pretty cool.

#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just a heads up, but the yellow ones are more "amber" colored than yellow, so if you wanted actual yellow-yellow, those probably aren't what you are expecting. These are the brite buttons in yellow on my JP.
[quoted image]

And a Rush 2049!!!! Love that game!!!!

#14161 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

And a Rush 2049!!!! Love that game!!!!

Got 2 of em too! You can see the seat of the other one by the front left leg of jp.

#14162 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

are you sure? Reach in the coin door, grab the bottom of the pf and pull right. You may see that gap in your photo close and the shooter become aligned.

Yes, no movement. Even if I could "force" it to the right it wouldn't matter since the PF lands where it wants. Poorly adjusted shooter rods is quite common...no big deal.

#14163 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since Stern's cost is likely extremely low on this tiny bracket (like $.50?), it's unlikely cost cutting was their motivation. Hopefully they solved the problem in another way and simply didn't need the arcane tiny brackets to keep the PF stable. Less is more when it comes to parts/complexity (as long as PF stability isn't sacrificed, obviously).

I agree. Chances are, the shooters are just slightly misaligned...will look into mine soon and report back on any progress.

Possible but every little bit is more profit..... many people have mentioned the playfield moving side to side 3-4 mm by just nudging so I don't think they fixed it another way.

#14164 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Lower the pitch
Possible reasons:
Thanks,
Wade

Something isn't correct... bubble level may be backwards which I've seen few times... plus don't go by that as they are not accurate but just a base to get close... put at 6.8-6.9 and enjoy

#14165 1 year ago

I just had a titanasuarus battle where I had the 5x time bonus active. I hit the first 4 shots (3 Tesla’s and then maser) as quickly as you basically can, and then the ball went off the maser into the scoop to start the Rodan 2x bonus! Then I immediately hit the Magna to finish him off.

331M

Lucky as hell but was awesome.

#14166 1 year ago

I got a pro and 3d printed the toys that came on premium. Bought the ones that didn't print. Of course it's got a shaker.

#14167 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Poorly adjusted shooter rods is quite common...no big deal.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure stern is throwing darts from 10 feet away to mark for pilot holes for the shooter rods

#14168 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

is the Bubble level seated correctly

That's a good thought. I took the glass off and looked it over closely, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it, aside from it being wrong. I leveled the playfield again on the surface of the playfield, brought the front legs down a lot, and the bubble is way up at the top. Bubble level seems to just be defective somehow. I just ordered a digital level in the hopes of getting the angle dialed in with more confidence.

Wade

#14169 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Something isn't correct... bubble level may be backwards which I've seen few times... plus don't go by that as they are not accurate but just a base to get close... put at 6.8-6.9 and enjoy

Yeah, I don't know why but mine is just off. I leveled it another way and it's back to being much faster and the legs levelers are much closer to each other.

Wade

#14170 1 year ago

Holy shit, after never qualifying Monster Zero I finally did it. Fantastic mode, I was so happy. Thought to myself "one more game"

Ended up qualifying it again, and on ball 1 had already beaten my high score. Blew the last two balls in my third city trying to finish Gigan. Had one shot left just taunting me.

Walked away with 1.8 billion and basically a new high score in each category. What a game.

#14171 1 year ago

Sorry to belabor the shooter rod alignment issue, it's just so frustrating to have a totally random launch each time.
My issue seems to be the distance between the rod tip and the fork.

I just took some photos of my Mando, DP, and GZ, and the fork width seems comparable (and therefore not a target to widen).

Clearly the GZ shooter rod is much further back than the other two, especially relative to the auto-plunger, which itself seems to be located properly with respect to the apron.

Can anyone share how to adjust the shooter rod to move it further forward? Or have an idea why mine is so far back?

Quoted from fooflighter:

So here's the deal...if you watch a slow mo of your launch, I bet 99.9% you are either coming off the launch ramp with a side bounce or you are hitting the metal ball glide on the playfield and causing a rattled launch.
Here are the fixes as mine had the same:

shooter comparison (resized).pngshooter comparison (resized).png
#14172 1 year ago

The strength of the spring will dictate where the shooter tip rests. Blue and green springs are weak so the shooter rod will sit further back. orange and red are stiff and will bring the tip forward.

#14173 1 year ago

Four those with pf alignment issues, I had pf sliding side to side on my IMDN, which screwed up the auto launch. Here's my fix:

1. Align your pf to where you want it.
2 find a screw that will barely thread into the bracket slot. It needs to be tight. Pretty sure mine has tight threading as well.
3. Tighten screw right next to bracket. Mine is on the left side of the left bracket. Your mileage may vary.

I've been running this setup (just one screw) for years. No pf movement, and the pf drops to the same spot each time.

#14174 1 year ago

Follow-up: I just measured the length of the spring outside the assembly, and GZ was 2.5mm longer than the other two Sterns. Not sure that is significant enough to cause an issue, but who knows. Guess I’ll request a new exterior spring or maybe try clamping mine tighter?

Quoted from prentice:

Sorry to belabor the shooter rod alignment issue, it's just so frustrating to have a totally random launch each time.
I just took some photos of my Mando, DP, and GZ, and the fork width seems comparable (and therefore not a target to widen).
Clearly the GZ shooter rod is much further back than the other two, especially relative to the auto-plunger, which itself seems to be located properly with respect to the apron.
Can anyone share how to adjust the shooter rod to move it further forward? Or have an idea why mine is so far back?
[quoted image]

713EAF47-7841-4FCD-9C32-22A6C36AD2D1 (resized).jpeg713EAF47-7841-4FCD-9C32-22A6C36AD2D1 (resized).jpeg
#14175 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Without the brackets mine moved easily 2 to 3mm to either side when the playfield was down and secure. Nudging or slap saving was enough to jostle it back and forth. They make a huge difference when I added them to mine and lock the playfield in perfectly. No more rattling plunges, and I can hit the skill shot , behind the upper flipper consistently..Without them, the plunger was constantly off center. A friend of mine's Godzilla came with them installed, so I think it was just a QC overlook not installing them on a few runs. I have a key post that shows the location they should be in. $1 part and 5 minute install. Easy

Can you show me where these brackets go, I'm not at all familiar with what they do, where they are located and how to install them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#14176 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:Premium came in Thursday been playing it hard this weekend. Everything is playing perfectly except two items one the left flipper button gets hung like it's catching on like every fiftieth press and two the bridge lands between halfway open and closed and the ball gets stuck until it goes into ball search. I like lit flipper buttons so that should fix that. Anyone else had the bridge problem it's only happened twice but its still a concern.

The Bridge getting stuck is a common problem with an easy fix. The issue is that the bridge pieces (4 plastic pieces) are too close to one another and when it open and then tries to close this plastic touches holding it from closing completely. 3 out of the 4 plastic pieces of the bridges can be unscrewed and adjusted slightly away from one another and it fixes the problem. You can also simply sand down and smooth out the plastic where they touch, It's very small but enough to keep it from closing entirely. To take off the bridge it's not too hard, just remove the C clip and some screws, and the bridge pieces are held easily with just 2 screws. It will take a bit of time to play with it, but that should fix it.

The flipper getting stuck should also be a quick fix, maybe it's too close to the playfield and rubbing on it. You may have to loosen and lift it, or see what exactly is causing it to get stuck.

Sorry to say but in this pinball world you're going to have to be a good observer and a mechanic if you plan to own one. I don't know any machine that doesn't need some TLC every once in a while. Maintenance is the cost of entry to play and unfortunately Stern quality control in my opinion isn't very thorough.

#14177 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I am having same issue with destruction jackpot and I leveled the game very carefully with a digital level. Here’s a pic of where the ball is dangling just before release. It drops to the right of the flipper such that I can barely catch the ball with the tip of the flipper. Can make the shot occasionally but it’s real tough. [quoted image]

Is there anyone that can give some insight on this issue? I continue to have the problem. I can barely get the tip of the upper flipper on the ball to hit the destruction jackpot. I can get it, but barely and rarely. My game is perfectly level on the playfield surface and I’ve tried a pitch of 6.5-7. Is it possible to adjust where the magnet releases the ball? Like further left?
Thanks all.

#14178 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

[quoted image]

One of the first things I noticed on my GZ was how far the shooter tip is from the ball. Based on my past experience I thought right away that is not going to work well. On my best shooting machines, the plunger tip is a gnats ass from the ball or even touching it slightly while at rest. As another post showed, the size of the spring on the outside of the machine largely determines this. They make these springs of varying lengths. Just check Marco or Pinball Life. I have a bunch of springs laying around I will try out. That in combination with adding playfield alignment brackets and aligning shooter rod is what I’m going to work on, I’ll report back.
B3D5F234-C9AA-42D7-A6BF-56A5E335B329 (resized).jpegB3D5F234-C9AA-42D7-A6BF-56A5E335B329 (resized).jpeg

PS - this looks like a good candidate for a shorter outer spring https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25878

#14179 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

The strength of the spring will dictate where the shooter tip rests. Blue and green springs are weak so the shooter rod will sit further back. orange and red are stiff and will bring the tip forward.

I don't understand how this could be true since the spring sits within a fixed space between the e-clip behind the shooter tip and the washer against the bracket, always coming to rest at the rod's fullest extension. The only difference between the various color of shooter springs is their strength.

#14180 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I don't understand how this could be true since the spring sits within a fixed space between the e-clip behind the shooter tip and the washer against the bracket, always coming to rest at the rod's fullest extension. The only difference between the various color of shooter springs is their strength.

Yeah I agree, I think the exterior spring is a bigger factor here.

#14181 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Same, mine is also missing them and there is same play left and right in the playfield position. Interesting to hear that some GZ have them from the factory. I ordered a pair and will be installing. I am guessing it’s best to install them with the playfield down since you can place them exactly where they need to be?

To make it easier I used blue painters tape and mark the under neath of each side of the playfield that way I had a solid line and then I lifted the playfield to have better access to mount the brackets

#14182 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Is there anyone that can give some insight on this issue? I continue to have the problem. I can barely get the tip of the upper flipper on the ball to hit the destruction jackpot. I can get it, but barely and rarely. My game is perfectly level on the playfield surface and I’ve tried a pitch of 6.5-7. Is it possible to adjust where the magnet releases the ball? Like further left?
Thanks all.

Maybe your playfield is bowed, but it should hold it at around 7-8 o’clock and drop right to the middle of the upper flipper. Check your level again I guess.

#14183 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/281#post-7088176

I used blue painters tape to Mark where the play field lines up on the cabinet wall and then just based on my other machines locations measured a point from the front of the cabinet to where the bracket should be and used 2 wood screws per bracket per side the same as my other installs.

The little arm of the switch plate just comes over a quarter to half an inch over any side art or side mirrors in the cabinet

Just be careful you don't mount the brackets too high up or the screws holding the plate will interfere with the play field being lowered

#14184 1 year ago

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in. He's basically "sitting" because it's 7" high. Without major surgery to him, i think the look is ok, or no? Took his tail out and will likely put it where the flat plastic is or was. He's wedged in there fairly good, and unless your on the left side of the machine looking straight down behind the bridge, I think it looks fine, but?

20220823_165846 (resized).jpg20220823_165846 (resized).jpg
#14185 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in. He's basically "sitting" because it's 7" high. Without major surgery to him, i think the look is ok, or no? Took his tail out and will likely put it where the flat plastic is or was. He's wedged in there fairly good, and unless your on the left side of the machine looking straight down behind the bridge, I think it looks fine, but?
[quoted image]

looks good man

#14186 1 year ago

That looks great! We’ll done!

#14187 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

How is it not true? You have 2 opposing force springs keeping it centered. Take out the barrel spring and see where your plunger top rests.

#14188 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in.
[quoted image]

I love that look on him-- do you have a link you could share to the model? I'd love to throw him on the top of my machine

#14189 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I love that look on him-- do you have a link you could share to the model? I'd love to throw him on the top of my machine

Don't have a link. I could add one IF I knew. Got him on Ebay. There's at least one on there. He's the 2007 Toho Co. Bandai 7" Classic Godzilla Kaiju Monster Action Figure 1986 movie ebay.com link: itm
Guess I just figured out how to paste a link!

#14190 1 year ago

This is the NECA Godzilla vs Mothra 1964 6” figure. I prefer the gray over the green coloring, so this was a good option. See also the Super7 Mothra and Jet Jaguar in the wide view. Both available on Amazon for about $10.

2CCB06F5-1E4B-42F2-9362-99D3222D971B (resized).jpeg2CCB06F5-1E4B-42F2-9362-99D3222D971B (resized).jpegF4D3811B-4C54-473C-BD99-2F1FDE2C9859 (resized).jpegF4D3811B-4C54-473C-BD99-2F1FDE2C9859 (resized).jpeg

#14191 1 year ago

Found in cabinet, can’t seem to place it…..any help is appreciated!

57584702-2680-4ECC-BC77-F11632A98865 (resized).jpeg57584702-2680-4ECC-BC77-F11632A98865 (resized).jpegC8502FCE-387A-447A-AB1C-F0164FE20B9E (resized).jpegC8502FCE-387A-447A-AB1C-F0164FE20B9E (resized).jpeg
#14192 1 year ago

Is it a flipper bumper pad? (11)

If not, something similar...

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 8.02.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-24 at 8.02.27 AM (resized).png
#14193 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It goes on top of apron. You should see a small hole to shove it into. Never mind not on Stern

#14194 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

It goes on top of apron. You should see a small hole to shove it into. Never mind not on Stern

That’s exactly what I thought - but it doesn’t look like Stern aprons have those. Must be from a flipper. Put it back in!

#14195 1 year ago

Looks like a bumper pad to the VUC or the Ball Trough

#14196 1 year ago

Kaiju poop?

#14197 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This is the NECA Godzilla vs Mothra 1964 6” figure. I prefer the gray over the green coloring, so this was a good option. See also the Super7 Mothra and Jet Jaguar in the wide view. Both available on Amazon for under $10.

Not anymore. They are $20 everywhere.

#14198 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Worth it!
PXL_20220824_173414490 (resized).jpgPXL_20220824_173414490 (resized).jpg

#14199 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

They’re currently $26 for both figures (including shipping) on Amazon. FYI.

D186DE83-AA5E-474F-9DFC-D3A71D4F4A00 (resized).jpegD186DE83-AA5E-474F-9DFC-D3A71D4F4A00 (resized).jpeg
#14200 1 year ago

Oh, nice. I don't know why those weren't showing up when I searched.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.