Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballykiss1978. You are on page 2 of 2.
#9090 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Looks great. BallyKISS1978 daughter does a great job of the paintwork.
Nice pictures by the way

Thank you! I posted on Facebook and people saw your house mod and they ended up ordering from you. Glad to been able to send some people over to you who are not on pinside. The mod you did is one of the best.

#9185 1 year ago

What brand speaker does spooky use for the CE?

1 month later
#10843 1 year ago

My daughter is still painting the Vimtoman house mod and vines. $80 for both and that includes return shipping in continental USA. Many happy Halloween owners.

0C4F027F-82A8-42FB-9619-F976E9CCAED9 (resized).jpeg0C4F027F-82A8-42FB-9619-F976E9CCAED9 (resized).jpeg561913AE-E05F-470D-A690-71B331D19F6B (resized).jpeg561913AE-E05F-470D-A690-71B331D19F6B (resized).jpegE5812A98-F66E-4B01-9542-AB801C9EA6AA (resized).jpegE5812A98-F66E-4B01-9542-AB801C9EA6AA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I apologize, but if I give an firm answer and miss that deadline it's going to be more disappointing. Only posting since some seemed less certain about an update coming at all.

Thanks for working on the updates. I was really disappointed that you did Halloween instead of Scooby Doo, because was not a fan of the franchise and never seen the movies and I am 52 years old.

I love the pin since I got. Such a unique experience from any other pin I have played. Finally watched Halloween 1978 and now enjoy the pin even more.

This is an underrated pin IMO and all the haters are missing out. Thanks for making a great pin that my whole family loves. It’s bolted to the floor.

Can’t wait for the next pin and hoping for Scooby Doo. Have a happy thanksgiving!

#11246 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's something very cool about this game getting you to check out the movie! It's definitely a masterpiece by a filmmaking genius - even Martin Scorsese thinks so! I'm with you re: Scooby-Doo, although only if it's the original "Scooby-Doo, where are you?"

Yeah finally seeing the movie made me love the game even more. Loving the last update and don’t mind waiting for the next. Definitely original Scooby Doo only for me. Enough there in the first two seasons to make a killer game.

Have each ghost be a mode and can have an upper playfield to go through doors in a haunted house like the gang would run through, but would be too much like Halloween probably. Finish a mode and then unmask the villain. A Mystery Machine ball lock is a must.

#11247 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing!!! Finally some Halloween love.

#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

100%. Some phenomenal modes could be made out of the Alien Kook (I can still hear the creepy UFO sounds!) , the pre-Westworld gunslinger, the werewolf, the haunted house! Awesome

So many options and “ghost” to choose from. Space Kook is awesome with the UFO sounds. Also the Phantom! I can still hear it in my head.

52C60308-81F8-45F6-BDF5-C859F3AED3BA (resized).jpeg52C60308-81F8-45F6-BDF5-C859F3AED3BA (resized).jpeg8F4861E9-F349-4E2A-88DD-C28DC6BF141E (resized).jpeg8F4861E9-F349-4E2A-88DD-C28DC6BF141E (resized).jpeg
#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I have no idea. It fit in snug. So I put a little wood glue around the edge. That's why I used wood glue and not super glue. I can get it back out. Should I do that? It works just like new, but maybe it's wrong.

There is a nut that is used to secure the flipper button to the cabinet from the inside. Make sure it’s there and tighten it.

AD1CF90F-A05F-4928-8E38-004FB88D19E4 (resized).jpegAD1CF90F-A05F-4928-8E38-004FB88D19E4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11396 1 year ago

Just installed Rocket City Pinball’s custom 3D start button. Love it!

12057153-14CA-41B7-A93C-E8DD88DC480E (resized).jpeg12057153-14CA-41B7-A93C-E8DD88DC480E (resized).jpeg
#11397 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Those movie clips are gonna be looking much nicer, and there may even be some new ones. Keep an eye out for them

Awesome!! Just give me Scooby Doo and I can die a happy man!!

#11460 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Tried the volume adjustments, don't like them.

Best to start at base levels and adjust to what you like. It’s all subjective.

#11907 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:Look I’m settings…I think there is a music attenuation setting…maybe this will help.

Can anyone verify if there is?

#12060 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I reinstalled 1.08a and sticking with that code until this shit gets resolved. They have been taking about 1.09 for sooo long I don’t get how there are this many issues

New programmer coming in to fix and update code. Take time and coding is not that easy. Fix one thing add another then bugs happen. Just try to be patient. Look how long it took for Munsters to get an update and Stranger Things.

#12105 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Pitchforks are out-I thought it was a bit lame to release Scooby before Halloween was somewhat polished. Seeing the guys say we are staying up all night and not leaving until it is finished had me thinking it was half baked. I joked with an operator friend on how I would wait for the code to be truly polished so it does not brick my machine. I have been more than patient but this is starting to remind me of Jersey Jack releasing Ruby Red's while people are still waiting for Emerald's. Hey let's sell some TNA's and release Scooby while we wait for approvals? Sorry but hard to buy what is being sold. I was thinking about Scooby Doo but not willing to support these types of shenanigans. Still waiting for my polished code for Halloween

Shenanigans? Ok. Guess Stern does shenanigans when it takes them time to release code. Don’t buy from Spooky again if you feel ripped off. Simple as that.

#12214 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I can’t get the back glass out without dropping the speaker panel at the same time. Haven’t tried to figure it out yet but it’s been risky trying to do both at same time .

This is how I have to do it each time. Always feels precarious each time I do it.

#12236 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Look above the tilt bob on left hand side.[quoted image]

I keep forgetting that’s there. Next update I am sure I will forget again.

1 week later
#12277 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Start pumpkin and Leg-Lights
Thx to Rocket City Pinball and MustangPaul for safe service
[quoted image]

I buy them for all my pins. Great quality. Got one for my BM66. No brainer upgrade IMO

35252D25-B6A4-4F78-8BD7-0A88673B4820 (resized).jpeg35252D25-B6A4-4F78-8BD7-0A88673B4820 (resized).jpeg
#12291 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Just received my HW house mod from "Vimtoman". Awesome mod for this game! Then I got it painted up by "BallyKISS1978" and his daughter did a fantastic job.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So glad your happy and so is my daughter!! Thank you for the kind words and I am so proud of her. She can pretty much paint any mod.

#12292 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Do the vines on that mod also kind of work as protectors for the LEDs in that area? I know that's kind of a touchy area that folks seem to have getting hit from time to time.

I believe it does.

#12293 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I also recently had my amazing @Vintoman House & Vine mods painted by BallyKISS1978 ’s daughter. She’s amazing and it was worth every single dime. Thank you Andrew for creating these mods that totally make the game feel more complete and thank you Tony for offering the painting service!

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback and your very welcome! And the wonderful compliment to my daughter. She paints most of my mods when needed. I am very proud of her.

#12307 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry to be “that guy”, but I get my NIB CE buttercab this week and was checking out this thread. I went through the key topics, have inquired about the house/vine/scoop mod. Anything else pressing I need to know? Thanks for any suggestions you may have!!
Kyle

If you get the house vine mod my daughter paints them. Great feedback from fellow Halloween owners. Pics in thread and feed back. All three of those are great mods and I have them.

1 week later
#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Bug is the owners son who at this point it “seems” as he is the acting owner. Yes, Matt is the coder in charge at this point.
I’m not a coder but I hardly see it being a “miracle” to finish the codes.

Coding is not that easy. I wish people would stop over simplifying it. If it was so easy software engineers would be a dime a dozen. Doing two games at once plus stepping in to finish code someone already started is not that easy.

Putting in a new line of code in can have a positive effect, and also a negative effect on code already written. Wish people would understand this. BTW Halloween is my first Spooky pin and I have owned many Sterns since I entered the hobby in 2019.

Now bring on Scooby #32!!

#12438 1 year ago

Shipping out tomorrow for fsumassey his house and vine mod that he bought from Vimtoman. My daughter painted for him. Any other mods you want painted lmk. She’s very good.

082F8A6F-08AC-458E-B3F8-58DA00CE54E3 (resized).jpeg082F8A6F-08AC-458E-B3F8-58DA00CE54E3 (resized).jpeg48F364C2-13E3-45DE-AB18-6D3429846CB3 (resized).jpeg48F364C2-13E3-45DE-AB18-6D3429846CB3 (resized).jpeg
#12440 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wish mine wasn’t already installed. Don’t even remember how to install it originally but wish I would have mailed it out to you first
Looks great

Thank you. Really appreciate the nice compliment for my daughter. It’s not that hard to remove it if you want it done.

#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Quick question:
Butter Cab CE #728 landed home yesterday. So far so good except the knife topper….keeps falling off the post. Is it supposed to be glued? No way to put a nut on the back end (it’s closed), figured maybe it is held with adhesive?
Thanks
Kyle

Put loctite on the screw. One of the two screws was lost when it worked itself out. So only one holding the knife on. I put it on mine months ago and still staying on.

CFD9FEF0-62AF-45CA-9086-CBFCAA0F2EBA (resized).jpegCFD9FEF0-62AF-45CA-9086-CBFCAA0F2EBA (resized).jpeg
#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Tip of the day: if you're hearing a lot of background noise/buzzing on your Halloween (like I was), try running a separate audio cable to the amp OUTSIDE of the wiring harness. I used a 3.5mm stereo patch cable and ran it from the LCD controller board to the AUX input on the Lepai amp, keeping it away from the other wiring and all the buzzing disappeared. I pulled the stock cable out of the Lepai's RCA jacks to be sure no interference (other end already disconnected at the LCD for the replacement cable).
I'd imagine pulling the existing 3.5mm -> 2xRCA cable out of the harness and rerouting it away from the other wiring would accomplish the same thing if you don't have another cable with male 3.5mm jacks on each end, just a fair bit more work to extract the factory cable.
Spooky: it'd be a good idea to isolate your audio runs in Scooby so you don't get this noise.

I put Lepai amps in my Godzilla, BM66,and JP(when I had it) and did the same thing you did with the 3.5mm plug. I haven’t noticed the buzzing in Halloween like I did with GZ, BM66, and JP. Turning down the treble and the volume on the Lepai helps to eliminate any buzzing, or minimize it.

I picked up pinwoofer kits for BM66 and GZ. BM66 is still bad with the buzzing and not happy with the sound even though I upgraded the speakers and subwoofer.

#12522 1 year ago

Love the shaker! Would love that in my Godzilla! Just played a few games tonight. Waiting for Scooby to arrive next month.

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Please take Scooby discussion to the Scooby thread.
Cant wait to play it!

Can’t wait for Scooby to ship! Oh crap, wrong thread. I mean, I love my Halloween. But seriously I do love it. Unique shooter. I always play Halloween last. Nice cool down game especially after playing Godzilla.

#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Cross-posting this from the UM thread, as it all applies to Halloween too:
---
As we get closer to the next update (thanks for your patience) I thought I'd do a quick behind-the-scenes post. I'm hoping to do a few more of these as the updates are released over the coming months, feel free to ask questions, and I'll address in a future post if I can (some things I can't talk about though - I'll do my best).
There's a lot to programming pinball machines, so I thought we'd go into that briefly with this update. What's the process, what tools do we use, and what does the Ultraman code look like from a high level.
First, lets talk about "regular" software development, which often all happens in the one environment. Normally you'd make a change, save, sometimes compile the code, check the result. Repeat. And repeat... Depending on the language and application there are tools to speed this up, and there are lots of clever folks out there continually improving things, sometimes you can even make a change "live" and everything is instant, that's the holy grail of development.
Pinball machines and other hardware devices bring another layer of complexity, in that you can only do so much on your development machine before you need to get it running on the actual hardware to really test it. The whole process isn't as quick and there are a LOT of moving parts and variables in a pinball. For a start, if something isn't working the first question is "is it physically broken, electrically or is the software?!" Oh boy. We have a lot of test cases where the machine is put into a certain state and we can quickly jump to testing something specific. We don't have to play through a real game to get to a multiball for example. After we make more changes we can re-run those tests and make sure we didn't accidentally break something that was working.
So, what's in the Ultraman code? Here's some stats:
- 17,549 individual files in the project, it's about 3.5 GB
- 1,637 files are videos and sounds
- the longest C# code file is currently the Zetton wizard mode at 2871 lines
Here's a photo of my desk, yes, four screens is probably excessive, but you gotta have at least three =). Unity on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, playfield with switches and keyboard shortcuts on the vertical screen on the right, project management and music on the top. Tools used include: Visual Studio (C# code), Unity (engine), Git (version control), Beyond Compare (check and copy things between projects), Trello (project management), Miro (diagrams), Photoshop (images), Shotcut (videos), lots of USB sticks for update files(!)
Hopefully that was of some interest, the next update is really coming along, and we're doing everything we can to get it done and tested and released as soon as possible. We've got a lot of cool improvements in the pipeline too as we all work to make the game as awesome as possible.
Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

Glad you broke this down for the impatient people who think writing code is so easy. My friend is a software engineer and he tells me how much work it takes and it’s very tedious work. He also has stepped into fix and update code he has not the author of.

Make a change in code can fix issues, but also cause more issues. So people just relax finally and know Matt and Spooky are on this. UM and Halloween won’t be Munsters. Have a good weekend.

2 weeks later
#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Has there been any hints on a code update ? Hey SpookyBug throw us a bone. Lol! Been awhile.

They are kinda busy with Scooby right now. So Scooby was thrown the bone lol

1 week later
#12871 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t have a R&M, but I believe there’s an upgrade for that game - probably something similar exists for this one - maybe even the same exact display.

There is but someone bought it and said it was not much better than just adjusting the stock monitor.
Here’s what I used.

65 contrast
brightness 35
Gamma on

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One Spooky pair!

What number are you and did you go pick it up? Congrats! Waiting for #32. Hopefully ships out tomorrow.

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought the douche canoe was #32

Not douche canoe and it wasn’t funny the first time nor this. Just a jealous POS decided to add that. And he also thought the shrink wrap spooky uses would stick to the cabinet decals and pull them off.

#12975 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Has anyone updated successfully on a Mac? I tried and it still gives me the error. I deleted all additional files as per the instructions, even though the .trashes one cannot be deleted. My USB drive is 32 gig formatted to MSDOS Fat 32. I'll try another drive to see if thats it, but on Windows, this drive works fine with the updates. I can get rid of my virtualPC if I can get the Mac update to work.

2AA2E9F3-AE20-4945-A99E-93FCE66885D2 (resized).png2AA2E9F3-AE20-4945-A99E-93FCE66885D2 (resized).png
#12978 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thanks. I actually followed this before, but it still won’t work.

Sorry man. Hope you get it figured out.

#12979 1 year ago

What’s lifter shake option? Does this make the shaker motor go when the lifter is engaged?

D0254815-92CD-4760-A54C-57B3F492677F (resized).jpegD0254815-92CD-4760-A54C-57B3F492677F (resized).jpeg
#12996 1 year ago

All I can say is Halloween is bolted to the floor as will Scooby Doo. Hopefully picking up tomorrow. Have to call R&L in the morning. It reached the terminal on Saturday and delivery is set up on the 1st. Rather go get it plus my daughters brain surgery is on the 1st. Want her to play it before because don’t know what the recovery is going to be like.

#13024 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Best of luck with her procedure and speedy recovery. I’m sure that is a worry. Hope it all goes very smoothly.

I really appreciate that, thank you so much. Up to this point she has been healthy with no issues like my other children. She’s only 15 and having constant headaches, nausea, difficulty sleeping, and no appetite.

#13055 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is it Arnold chiary syndrome….?

It’s chiari malformation.

#13139 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Last run of Pumpkin mods. Only 3 sets left. Available on pinside marketplace. There will be no more after this. Doesn’t include pumpkin on cutting board.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered!! Been hoping they would come back in stock.

2 weeks later
#13326 1 year ago

The other day I noticed I don’t have ball save anymore when I start a game. Only ball save for a mode. Anyone else have this issue? Or was it removed with the new code and only have ball safe during modes? This game is hard enough for me even with the ball save lol. Been so busy with Scooby Doo haven’t played Halloween much since code update.

#13335 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Something must've changed in your settings; have a look in service menu and make sure Ball save is on.

I looked in the menu and couldn’t find a setting for the ball save? Who is in charge of code for Halloween? Or maybe I am missing the option in the menu somewhere???

#13366 1 year ago

Having issues with my Halloween. The white ball save white led light will not come on and when my ball is saved it is not kicking out the ball. Other colors come on for the ball save insert.

I did a coil test and coil auto fire is working. I also tested the LED lamp for it and the white light comes on. I am running the new code.

So code related? Anyone else having this issue. I emailed spooky.

#13367 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am getting buzzing from my lower coils left is worse,i remember my stern x men I believe had buzzing and we played with the stops.I see spooky does not use the curved washers between the coil and stops and I don’t know if they would help.I removed the stops and reinstalled them but still buzzing and thoughts?

Scooby has it and it’s loud. Spooky said they will do a code update for it. Haven’t noticed it on my Halloween.

Here is video I took of scoobys coil buzzing

#13372 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone know where I can source the air ball deflector? Mine is broken and I'm not sure I want to try and fabricate one. It doesn't look like pinball life has one.
[quoted image]

I am going to see about making these and using the template of the replacement one I received from spooky. I want to use a stronger material. This is just plastic and will break again unfortunately.

#13375 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I am in the process of having new ball deflector shields fabricated. My intentions are to sell these new shields (with hardware) as a kit to replace cracked and broken OEM shields in both Halloween and Ultraman.
IMO, the OEM shield is too thin (only 1/16” thick) and not up to the rigors of use inside a pinball machine. I also did not like the way the thing vibrated all the time when being struck by balls, when the shaker motor kicked in, etc. So when my shield inevitably broke, I knew I had to come up with something better.
Using the OEM shield as a template, I changed the design up a bit making sure to beef up the arms and mounting points. The new shield is also cut from 3/16" material, three times the thickness of the OEM shield.
Because of the thicker piece of plastic, the threaded posts on the playfield are too short. So in place of the nylock nuts, there are now "sex" bolts to attach the new shield to the four playfield posts.
The new shield is solid and does not vibrate. I don’t think I ever have to worry about this component ever failing again.
I should have these new kits available soon.

Oh cool!! Looking forward to seeing this go up for sale!!

#13385 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Does anybody need a House + Pumpkin mod? I ordered it a while, never unboxed.
Since I'm selling Halloween, figured somebody that was still waiting for one could have mine? $225 shipped in CONUS.

My daughter is still painting the house and vine mod if anyone is interested. $89 with return shipping included in continental USA

Before and after pics

FE9385D2-1721-47A1-AA98-F7B975B2439F (resized).jpegFE9385D2-1721-47A1-AA98-F7B975B2439F (resized).jpegF8E1DF27-8BB2-4568-AA2D-DDBB2381EAD3 (resized).jpegF8E1DF27-8BB2-4568-AA2D-DDBB2381EAD3 (resized).jpeg
#13451 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Could someone take a close up of the socket/wiring on their Pumpkin? I've tightened things but it still spins a bit over time and gets out of alignment. The two lugs on the socket are super close together too, not sure if that's how it came or not. Appreciate it.

I added electrical tape to the socket on mine. I used 1/2” electrical tape and wrapped around the socket of the pumpkin. It has not moved on me near a year now.

#13505 1 year ago

Lower upper lights are out. Tried unplugging and plugging them in, still out. First Hedge Michael servo stopped working also. Ughh.

5DFDC9B4-FE88-4D63-A64C-3B77519E41F8 (resized).jpeg5DFDC9B4-FE88-4D63-A64C-3B77519E41F8 (resized).jpeg8B9F92D8-43C7-4B2D-9A20-AE97F2B11650 (resized).jpeg8B9F92D8-43C7-4B2D-9A20-AE97F2B11650 (resized).jpeg
#13507 1 year ago

Also noticed my knives are missing now and fell out who knows when. Didn’t realize they were separate pieces.

5EE48ECD-75C4-4896-BE37-FF1874A1F045 (resized).jpeg5EE48ECD-75C4-4896-BE37-FF1874A1F045 (resized).jpeg86CCEFD9-5857-44E2-A139-33A157629190 (resized).jpeg86CCEFD9-5857-44E2-A139-33A157629190 (resized).jpeg9DCE7968-0322-43B0-91BF-8510919A8FE8 (resized).jpeg9DCE7968-0322-43B0-91BF-8510919A8FE8 (resized).jpeg

#13508 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have some extra servos and Im in Mesa..

Thank you!! I have the spare one Spooky gave me and tested it, it works at least. Did you put in different servos instead of stock ones?

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not yet, i bought the servos recommended here, not realizing it was 3 to a box. Thus far i havent had a failure and have 2 boxes. One for me and one for thee if you want it.

PM sent

#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Didn't realise there were ever knives in Michael's hand? - if so, you wouldn't even see them?

Yeah they were there. When I was working on the front servo I noticed they were gone. They were there before. Not sure how long ago they fell out. I thought it was one molded piece, didn’t realize the knives were placed in his hands.

My ocd doesn’t like it missing unfortunately. It will bug me.

#13526 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

No knives here either, never fitted on mine.

Mandela effect. I thought they were there lol. My bad.

#13527 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I think I was one of the first owners of this machine to add knives to the hedge Michaels. I felt like the little figures were meant to be holding something. Otherwise, without the knives, the Michaels look like strippers / pole dancers when they come swinging out![quoted image]

That’s right. I thought I saw a pic with knives in his hands lol. Where did you get them?

#13528 1 year ago

Outside of being a fool about the knives, can I just buy an RGB light strip to replace the lower one on the upper playfield?

I emailed spooky but just said an air ball probably hit it. Didn’t tell me about a replacement I can buy or another place to get one. I emailed them back asking that.

#13533 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Most likely. Just match the same type, number of connections - make sure they are individually addressable, like WS2812s. May void your warranty

Thank you!!

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Technically, yes, you can buy an addressible RGB strip, but you will need to cut it to the right size and add a proper connector to the "Yopcicle" that connects it to the Heck board. I am sure if you ask Spooky they will send you one the proper length and with the connectors.
This same thing happened to my UM, airball shorted most of the lower light strip. Spooky sent me a new one and I added a protective cover to the lower light stip that has kept airballs from shorting it again so far.
amazon.com link »

Appreciate your help. And thank you for the link!!!

#13535 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Technically, yes, you can buy an addressible RGB strip, but you will need to cut it to the right size and add a proper connector to the "Yopcicle" that connects it to the Heck board. I am sure if you ask Spooky they will send you one the proper length and with the connectors.
This same thing happened to my UM, airball shorted most of the lower light strip. Spooky sent me a new one and I added a protective cover to the lower light stip that has kept airballs from shorting it again so far.
amazon.com link »

Spooky is sending out a new strip. They are awesome. Question for you, how did you secure the protector over your lights? Did you also buy a channel for it to snap the protector in place?

#13540 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the how to. Appreciate it!

Quoted from John_C:

My Halloween machine is currently undergoing a number of upgrades, the most of which is having all the metal pieces re-powder coated.
One of the upgrades I made was putting new lens covers over the LED strips. I had white covers on there that I installed a while back but I decided to switch them up. In the pics below, you can see what the exposed LED strips look like (yuck), after I put new smoky lens covers on, and after all the shields were reinstalled. Not only do the smoky covers make those LED strips less noticeable, but it also helps protect them against ball strikes. And it just looks a lot better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the smokey covers? Amazon? Thanks for posting.

#13542 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Yep. Smoky covers here: amazon.com link »

How did you go about attaching them? Appreciate your help!

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I didn't like the appearance of the zip ties. Instead I used some super-strong black string (typically used in leather work) and just tied the shields to the play fields. When trimming off the strings, I left about a half inch and then fed those ends into the holes of the playfield to give it a nice finished look.

Turned out great! Well done!

#13590 1 year ago

Anyone put pinstadiums on Halloween? I added them to Scooby. And I love them.

683DF988-93F6-4231-A238-0012A91AEE9F (resized).jpeg683DF988-93F6-4231-A238-0012A91AEE9F (resized).jpeg20BA8D89-88A1-4551-8B22-1428E87E1BD5 (resized).jpeg20BA8D89-88A1-4551-8B22-1428E87E1BD5 (resized).jpeg
#13623 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I had Pinstadiums as they came in a LOTR LE I used to own, I liked the uv flasher effect but what a pita to move them out of the way to lift the playfield.
I fitted lighting in my room for no glare and even light, works great for me and cheap. Cool to warm white and dimmable.
Great especially with older dim games.
Pics warm white and high/low.

I have to say though the color changing lights on Scooby looks awesome. The playfield artwork is awesome and the pinstadiums really show it off well. I have to keep remembering to take the pinstadiums off before lifting the playfield up, so I can see why some would not like it.

For Halloween, I think I will keep them off but have a set coming for Godzilla this week so will try them on Halloween and test them.

1 week later
#13757 1 year ago

Got Cento Creations pumpkins and my daughter painted them. Anyone need any mods painted lmk. She just finished another house mod and vines.

C7CB8CA9-C975-46CC-AAF1-7895344CBECE (resized).jpegC7CB8CA9-C975-46CC-AAF1-7895344CBECE (resized).jpegF1DE7F7C-620D-4518-B282-F05B2FB96A31 (resized).jpegF1DE7F7C-620D-4518-B282-F05B2FB96A31 (resized).jpeg
#13777 1 year ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Received my painted house mod back from BallyKISS1978 last week. Looks SO much better now. Would highly recommend!

So glad you like it! Thanks for the great feedback. My daughter appreciates it.

#13789 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I like to think that it is the vine that grows the pumpkin which are green.[quoted image]

That’s exactly what it is. Pumpkin leaves don’t change in the fall like tree leaves. Green is the correct color.

1 week later
#13866 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

You do not have to remove the upper playfields but you do have to gain access to and remove a couple of screws that will then allow you to lift the front of each playfield up about an inch or so. This will give you better access to those two mounting posts under the Sanitarium playfield.
I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. If there’s a list add me please.

#13881 1 year ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Definitely not auto plunging. Thoughts on how to fix this?

Is the wire for the switch up high enough so when the ball lands on it it will activate the switch and then auto plunge.

#13897 12 months ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

This worked! Thanks

Awesome!! Glad it worked out for you!! And an easy fix.

1 week later
#14016 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Halloween #6 is finally in my house.
rd[quoted image]

Congrats!!!

1 week later
#14121 11 months ago

Halloween last night started kicking out two balls and would jump into a mode (can’t remember which one) immediately. Not sure why that started happening. Hopefully we see a code update at some point.

#14165 11 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Spooky's Halloween is fast becoming the Ford Pinto of pinball machines. Get it? PINto? I'll see myself out.

IMG_6212 (resized).jpegIMG_6212 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#14636 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone noticed when the ball is coming down the left or right inlanes the flippers are being activated for no reason.....

I noticed well before this code update. Like mentioned, warns you the ball is coming.

#14711 10 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on this forum and spooky crew. Absolutely loving how HW is coming along. This last update is truly amazing. Can’t wait for scooby to arrive this fall.

Same to you and you will love Scooby. My family and I love it.

#14857 10 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

New code is amazing. The ball eject issue is not a bug as only some(maybe 2 people) are experiencing it. Go into switch test mode and do some diagnostics.

It’s a bug because same thing is happening with Scooby. Also happening with the VUK on Scooby.

#14858 10 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

New code is amazing. The ball eject issue is not a bug as only some(maybe 2 people) are experiencing it. Go into switch test mode and do some diagnostics.

It’s a bug because same thing is happening with Scooby. Also happening with the VUK on Scooby.

Quoted from m4tt:

Just to confirm, there is a known software issue causing two or three balls to end up in the shooter lane on some machines. This has already been fixed and is going through testing.

Awesome! This happened to me also. Haven’t had a chance to try new code yet.

#14859 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

On a different note.
I ran a test on my computer with the factory heat sink after playing a few games and temp gun showed 150 degrees.
I add the fan cooled heat sink for $18 and played a few games and it dropped it to 95 degrees and quickly dropped it to 85 degrees when doing a second temp test about 10 seconds later.
Fan cooled heat sink definitely helps keep that computer cooler and super easy to change out.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/409-EP-FNUPACTCLRDC?fbclid=IwAR0td--9ZyI6uUQ2Hz6QQaqB6VfuxG6EpC1IRWIcxeI3wltFBpqyfIlup4Y
[quoted image]

Thanks!! I definitely need to buy this. Does Scooby use

Quoted from kciaccio:

On a different note.
I ran a test on my computer with the factory heat sink after playing a few games and temp gun showed 150 degrees.
I add the fan cooled heat sink for $18 and played a few games and it dropped it to 95 degrees and quickly dropped it to 85 degrees when doing a second temp test about 10 seconds later.
Fan cooled heat sink definitely helps keep that computer cooler and super easy to change out.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/409-EP-FNUPACTCLRDC?fbclid=IwAR0td--9ZyI6uUQ2Hz6QQaqB6VfuxG6EpC1IRWIcxeI3wltFBpqyfIlup4Y
[quoted image]

Awesome. Just ordered. Thank you for sharing! Huge temperature drop for just $18.

#14860 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

On a different note.
[quoted image]

Just ordered! Thank you for posting this. $18 for such a temperature drop is a no brainer.

#14865 10 months ago
Quoted from BrianT3:

code_H78 (2).pkg is the file name. This was a new usb stick and no other files are on this drive.

Need to delete previous downloads on your computer. You can’t have (2) in the file name. The update is looking for code_H78. The (2) is throwing it all off.

#14883 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

#779 Blood sucker CE. has arrived….haven’t fully set it up…but hoping to soon, would folks recommend using the version that i received it with. And play that for a bit and then upgrade to new version. Or upgrade right away to new Version?
Excited to play it, but waiting till the house mod and some other mods arrive. It’s been mixed feelings reading the thread was worried it would not be a great blind buy, love the Theme and it just looks awesome!

If you want your house and vine painted by my daughter lmk. She has done a bunch of them.

[quoted image]

IMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpeg
#14884 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

#779 Blood sucker CE. has arrived….haven’t fully set it up…but hoping to soon, would folks recommend using the version that i received it with. And play that for a bit and then upgrade to new version. Or upgrade right away to new Version?
Excited to play it, but waiting till the house mod and some other mods arrive. It’s been mixed feelings reading the thread was worried it would not be a great blind buy, love the Theme and it just looks awesome!
[quoted image]

If you want your house and vine painted by my daughter lmk. She has done a bunch of them. Before and after pics.

IMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpeg
#14890 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Thank you…lol….ok but where’s the Allan key and or the set screw…? Spooky is awesome they are sending me one as we looked every where and can’t find one….

There is no Allen key given. You have to get your own.

#14891 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

That looks awesome!! I showed my son and he thinks he can do it….Any chance your daughter did a how to you tube video….?? just to make sure he doesn’t cache the thing lol…she’d make more money doing that and linking projects…

No she did not do a YouTube video. She uses many different colors and washes and layering. It’s way more complicated than you think. You just don’t do brown or black for the house. She’s very talented and under $100 for what she does is a good deal in my opinion.

#14936 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

MK6PIN.
Connection for fan heat sink upgrade.[quoted image]

Thank you!! My heat sink upgrade arrived today. Really appreciate you helping us out.

#14988 9 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Doing more with the speaker and topper lights is on the list

Awesome!! Thank you!!!

#14989 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Everyone that had that problem has had the file name wrong.

This many times over.

#15015 9 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Still on my original servos with around 600 plays. Be sure to shut off that 'subway wave' setting that triggers all 3 servos with a ramp shot, if you don't need it. That will greatly reduce the wear and tear on the servos.

Thanks for the tip! Where in the settings do you find it?

#15058 9 months ago

Thank you for doing the code update and not updating code like JJP does. Very happy with Halloween and Scooby. Thanks again to all who worked so hard on this and those in the community noting code issues. Much appreciated.

#15175 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

$7500 is absolute highest. Often found around 7k

That’s definitely a price east of the Mississippi. Out west is still higher.

1 week later
#15239 9 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I recalled these being purchased from etsy a while back. I also believe it's made of wood.

Yep from Etsy and it’s wood.

IMG_6080 (resized).jpegIMG_6080 (resized).jpeg
#15273 9 months ago

Got the heat sink with fan installed. Thank you so much KEITH CIACCIO!

IMG_7263 (resized).jpegIMG_7263 (resized).jpeg
#15321 9 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I had a couple of flasher bulbs develop problems (flickering, LEDs out) so I thought I'd take the time to upgrade.
I found some LED bulbs that were "domed" with frosted plastic lens covers. The cover has the effect of reducing glare and softly dispersing the light coming from the nine SMD LEDs in the bulb. The new bulbs are much more aesthetically pleasing since you don't see the SMD LEDs in the bulb.
I replaced the four flasher bulbs on the main playfield, which helped light up the main playfield a little bit. I also replaced the four "corn-cob" flasher bulbs on the back wall, changing one of the red bulbs for an amber bulb to give some additional color. The white bulbs add some much-needed light to the attic.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XWWJ4N4[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The amber bulbs look great! Thanks for the heads up!

3 weeks later
#15556 8 months ago

Had this happen while playing Laurie slashes back. Will send to Matt.

IMG_7714 (resized).jpegIMG_7714 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15839 7 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have new ball deflector shields available once again.
Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this newly-designed version. For all Spooky Halloween and Ultraman machines, these new deflector shields are CNC cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.
Link to ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/164797
[quoted image]

Haven’t installed mine yet but let me tell you it will not break. Way way better than the stock one.

#15865 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord, it’s been a full 2 years at this point. I’m grateful for the updates, things are really moving fast and great now with Matt, but all the wasted time before that, wowza.

Ask GnR owners how their code updates are coming along. Be grateful it’s getting finished especially after the original coder is gone. Matt has done an excellent job.

2 weeks later
#15988 6 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

yes, this will be fixed in the next release.
Feel free to email me ([email protected]) with bugs you find, I don't mind getting a few double-ups. Email also makes it a bit easier to ask some specific questions about how some things happened and also keep track of issues and make sure they don't get lost.

Matt you don’t get enough credit. You pretty much saved Halloween. My family loves it. I am not a horror fan or a big Halloween fan, finally watched the movies this year for the first time and I am 52. Such a unique and fun game.

#15999 6 months ago

Played last night for the first time in a while since last code update and couple balls got stuck and I was shaking the game to get them loose. Tilted of course but was stuck on the tilt screen. Turned off and restarted.

Lifted the playfield up and then down then the balls came back down. Not sure why the balls got stuck. Game just froze on the tilt screen logo.

#16036 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

There's still NIB out there for sale

Elvira maybe, but Alien wont see it's update likely till sometime in Nov when the Ripley editions ship out

I doubt Elvira gets an update. But who knows.

1 week later
#16278 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Has anybody with Halloween gotten the above IPS screen replacement? If so, was it worth it? PM me if you want.. Thanks!

I just can’t justify $265 for the upgrade, but I also spent more on some mods so what do I know lol.

#16279 5 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

There are two types of mini-pc located in the back box.
Both have a shrink wrapped CR2032 battery connected via two wires to a white (JST I think) plug on the motherboard - a bit of a pain to change.
It is always best to change these batteries when the computer has power to maintain all your settings (easier said than done in this case, especially for the OUVISLITE style unfortunately), so best to have a replacement battery ready that you can plug straight in.
The circuit board style "UP Board" (runs off 5V) is easier to see the battery, as it's stuck to the outside.
[quoted image]
For the KAMRUI or OUVISLITE style mini PC (runs off 12V), the battery is inside it and there's a few steps needed to get to it (see below).
[quoted image]

Peel off the rubber feet on the bottom to undo four small phillips head screws
Then undo the screw above the HDMI ports that prevents the slider from moving, so you can the slide it over and lift the lid
The "gold" layer inside (which was held by the four screws from underneath) can be lifted (from the side furthest from the slider first) and folded over
Then there's four more black screws (one has a washer) to undo, to then be able to lift and fold over the motherboard.
To change the battery on a desk or bench, while the computer is running, I'd recommend finding a 12V wall-wart style power supply with the right size jack, so you don't have to try doing it with the PC in the back box.

Thanks for the write up. Wish they made it easier to swap out.

#16284 5 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I know someone had posted suggested setting changes for stock display. Anyone have the info ???

65 contrast
brightness 35
Gamma on

#16286 5 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

You don’t need to. I bought the parts on Amazon for around $100. 100% worth it. Screen looks WAY better. I did it with TNA as well.

Do you have links for what you bought? Thank you!

#16288 5 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Just did this on my Rick and Morty, $100 and looks much better. Links are in the post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/400#post-7841549

Much appreciated!! Thank you!

#16340 5 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Have you played Scooby? Just put my final payment down on my CE. It’s an absolute blast to play. The thing you gotta love about Spooky IS their playfield designs. Totally different from the typical layouts. I think you need to put more time on a Scooby. It’s fantastic!!!!!

Totally agree. I am not a fan of the Halloween movies, well not a huge fan but liked the original movie. Only just saw it for the first time, but spooky’ layout made me love this game. Same with Scooby.

Sterns are just very similar to me. Spooky is a nice change of pace. Great artwork and great theme integration as is Scooby.

#16349 5 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Have a brand new, unopened set of CE side rails available for anyone interested. Ready for clear coat! Best offer.

Does the powder coat match the other pieces? I thought I heard later replacement ones did not quiet match the legs, lockdown bar, ect.

3 months later
#16697 62 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did the LCD upgrade earlier today, with the linked components from this thread. They don’t fit exactly the same, but I made it work. Oh MAN what a difference! Makes the video really pop. Highly recommended

What did you do to get it mounted? Any pics?

#16698 62 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

What is that sound suppose to be at the end, mine sounds like a crying chimpanzee.…anyone else hearing what I am hearing…and because of that I cant not un hear it that sound is grating as it doesn’t seem to fit the game what is that sound clip suppose to sound like? Anyone?
Thanks!

Bought Halloween for my wife and never saw the movie when it arrived. I asked the same question about the monkey. Saw the movie finally and no monkey. Definitely not a fan of that sound. Great game, even though not a huge fan of the movie. Crazy I never saw it till recently and I am 53 years old.

#16773 56 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks. I think that helped a bit but the blacks are still pretty bad. Maybe I’ll mess around with the setting a bit more.

Unfortunately it will be the best it can be.

1 week later
#16823 44 days ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

This is why I like Spooky! Halloween was my first pin. They are so helpful and helping me fix something I caused on my own machine. I will definitely be buying more Spooky games...playing Chainsaw this weekend at TPF and maybe will order one haha

Let us know how Looney Tunes is also. Have fun!

#16824 44 days ago

Anyone still getting two balls ejecting into the shooter lane? Notice more with ball saves. I am running the latest code. Already adjusted shooter lane switch and when ball in shooter lane it shows the switch as active.

Is it still not giving enough time for the ball to register in the shooter lane? Thanks for any help.

1 week later
#16869 33 days ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I’m still dealing with multiple balls getting put into the shooter lane. All trough switches fire correctly, additionally I was able to trigger the trough jam sensor. Is there anything I missed?
When i was going to test the machine by playing a game, the coil towards the back left of the playfield started smoking! Is this a known issue? I hadn’t touched anything near that area.

I am also getting multiple pinballs in the shooter lane. I emailed AJ and this is his reply

“ IF you can watch the trough while you eject a ball in the coil test, that should give us a good idea as to what we may be encountering. As well double cehck that no light taps around the playfield cause them to register a switch as well. may even be an outlane switch getting triggered on you, unless you are never seeing the ball save animation? ”

I haven’t had a chance to test and look yet. As far as your coil something caused it to lock up. Need to see if the switches are touching y
That activates it. They may not be gapped enough or if there’s a microswitch that’s stuck closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballykiss1978. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/2?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.