20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 339.
#12401 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

...let your hobby make you sad, move on dude.

Oh I agree

#12402 1 year ago

It’s not all hands on Scoob, there is a dedicated programmer that is working on UM/HWN only. He just took over for Fawzma and is coding TWO games. It is going to be a very time consuming process and he only began just a few months ago. I am actually very impressed with what he was able to do on his first update. The games will get there. The timeline is one year from now, but they have also stated numerous times that they will only stop when it’s done. Patience is key

Words are just words until they update the games to be enjoyable. Right not it feels like release code still, and theyre done building. Now it looks like all hands on scoob.

I dont find pinside depressing at all. If you let your hobby make you sad, move on dude.

#12403 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s not all hands on Scoob, there is a dedicated programmer that is working on UM/HWN only. He just took over for Fawzma and is coding TWO games. It is going to be a very time consuming process and he only began just a few months ago. I am actually very impressed with what he was able to do on his first update. The games will get there. The timeline is one year from now, but they have also stated numerous times that they will only stop when it’s done. Patience is key

I like what I've seen from the new guy. My biggest worry is that he decides to leave Spooky for some reason. Stuff like that happens everyday. Then HW / UM owners are going to be in a world of hurt.

#12404 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Can’t wait to try out the scoop mod! Shipping right now is a bitch, I’ve been waiting almost a month for it to arrive.

Yep. Mine arrives tomorrow finally.

#12405 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Patience is key

That’s the one. Patience isn’t too common in this hobby .. we all know that.

And just a reminder for you guys, overseas we generally have a few weeks Xmas holidays. What you guys do in your summer, we do in our summer. Which is now. But everyone is back to work now.

rd

#12406 1 year ago

Pinside: Home of the famous WORST CASE SCENARIO haha

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I like what I've seen from the new guy. My biggest worry is that he decides to leave Spooky for some reason. Stuff like that happens everyday. Then HW / UM owners are going to be in a world of hurt.

#12407 1 year ago

Here my 2 cents:

This is SpookyBug’s first game. He knows it’s not where it needs to be. That bothers him as much as it bothers us. He loves this game and theme as much as we do so….He won’t stop till it’s coded to the max.

Yeah it will get better but just got off a great game and remember how much I love this game/theme.

#12408 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Here my 2 cents:
This is SpookyBug’s first game. He knows it’s not where it needs to be. That bothers him as much as it bothers us. He loves this game and theme as much as we do so….He won’t stop till it’s coded to the max.
Yeah it will get better but just got off a great game and remember how much I love this game/theme.

I still find it interesting they didnt have the kid make an og theme game as his first. They just gave him a big ol license to start.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yaaaa this does not make me feel any better.

TNA and ACNC are their best games still. TNA not even “theirs”.

They just took acnc, widened it out, and added some ball trickery to it. Acnc is a fun game, but I would have liked to see a completely different design. Although with a small company, it costs a hell of a lot less to start with a game that already works I would guess.

The way I see it, this is a boutique company for people with money to throw around in between stern build runs. Luck of the draw it seems at this point in terms of quality of build.

#12409 1 year ago

I dont find pinside depressing at all. If you let your hobby make you sad, move on dude.

I’m only sad on pricing! My CE Butter Cab is on route…thank god I HAD two kidneys! Lol

I might have a spleen for sale…

#12410 1 year ago

They just took acnc, widened it out, and added some ball trickery to it.

They both have upper playfields, molded Castle art and a fan layout but don't buy your claim that Scooby Doo is just ACNC widened out.

#12411 1 year ago

They just took acnc, widened it out, and added some ball trickery to it.

I couldn’t disagree more. Not sure why you see ACNC layout. It’s totally different.

#12412 1 year ago

I guess….

EBF60C70-5C17-42FC-BA95-31736D56E0F0 (resized).jpegEBF60C70-5C17-42FC-BA95-31736D56E0F0 (resized).jpeg
#12413 1 year ago

I really don’t know what you see as the same…list all the things you see as the just like ACNC.

#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I really don’t know what you see as the same…list all the things you see as the just like ACNC.

Im not going to argue with a fan boi who cant see all the lower shots are super similar. We get it, you only own spookies. Keep pumping them up.

#12415 1 year ago

Im not going to argue with a fan boi who cant see all the lower shots are super similar. We get it, you only own spookies. Keep pumping them up.

Ok. I rest my point…it’s totally different. If you don’t like it, that’s ok…but don’t point out things that really aren’t true.

#12416 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok. I rest my point…it’s totally different. If you don’t like it, that’s ok…but don’t point out things that really aren’t true.

I literally just gave you one of my points. I said I liked acnc and thats why they copied a winning layout. I LOVE tna. Those are their best games.

Im sure you are craving a layout as exhilarating as rob zombie. Snooze.

#12417 1 year ago

I mean I guess you can see some “inspiration” from ACNC now that you mention it. The same could be said about many many games from other manufacturers. I have never played that one but have heard good things.

Keep the “fanboy” stuff out of here though just because someone challenges you observations. Opinions are like….well you know the rest.

I guess….[quoted image]

#12418 1 year ago

Halloween is dope

Making me start to think on Scooby

I’m not there with the cash commitment but man Halloween has me wanting the Scooby game

Had my best game,47 million it was awesome
It’s really cool when you get the supers in multiball and light up that red on the playfield inserts let’s you know your having a game

Digging my Halloween game for sure after awhile not playing it

#12419 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I mean I guess you can see some “inspiration” from ACNC now that you mention it. The same could be said about many many games from other manufacturers. I have never played that one but have heard good things.
Keep the “fanboy” stuff out of here though just because someone challenges you observations. Opinions are like….well you know the rest.

Im good, im peacing outta here. Ill keep playing spooky games at other people’s houses and let them roll the dice.

That dude ONLY owns spookies though. Seems textbook.

#12420 1 year ago

Im good, im peacing outta here. Ill keep playing spooky games at other people’s houses and let them roll the dice.
That dude ONLY owns spookies though. Seems textbook.

Vahalla too. Have owned BW, Stern, Spooky, AP…

#12421 1 year ago

Seriously….there really is only so much you can make different from game to game. I am a
Novice collector and there are MANY games/cross manufacturers that are extremely similar. Seems like a lame argument. Most cars have 4 wheels too…

#12422 1 year ago

Each manufacturer and designer has their own familiar feel and features - to be honest the Spookys I have are all totally different layouts but still feel like Spooky pins (R&M, ACNC and HW). I've found for getting maximum variety - switch up manufacturers (I currently have 5 Sterns, 3 Spookys and a PB). Spooky pins shoot nothing like Sterns, and my Alien is also in its own league. Now I'm thinking I'd also like an American Pinball as I recently played both Oktoberfest and Houdini and thought they were great - again different layouts but also their own different feel too.

#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Most cars have 4 wheels too…

Not my Infinity. I tried rolling with 3 to save money. Didn’t work AT ALL.

5D228068-DCF5-45D9-BEE1-0E8C6827BD16 (resized).jpeg5D228068-DCF5-45D9-BEE1-0E8C6827BD16 (resized).jpeg
#12424 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

When you quote just this part of the song, it is quite disturbing.

Very disturbing. But that’s Jack Johnson. Dude is so riské he did the music for Curious George.

#12425 1 year ago

#12426 1 year ago

The way I see it, this is a boutique company for people with money to throw around in between stern build runs. Luck of the draw it seems at this point in terms of quality of build.

UM owner here, it sits right next to my Godzilla. Fantastic looking game with VERY high quality art and a very good build (I have had no major issues). If I sat it next to Bond 60th, well you know how that game looks. Boutique companies exist for a reason, to bring us titles that might not otherwise be made (and to push the bigger guys - personal opinion Stern partly went all out on Godzilla to slight Spooky - Thanks Spooky, Stern obviously takes you guys seriously!)

As far as the software issue is concerned, it being resolved favorable and while I wish I had an update today, I am excited about the new programmer Matt whose first effort so far which included almost starting over after Fawzma was very good I think based on your thread here - and though we don't have an update yet, we are benefiting from all the base code rewriting (and you guys beta testing and finding bugs). My confidence in Matt is bolstered not only by this first effort but also @rotordave's help/endorsement in getting Matt on board.

I have a Scooby on order and did not hesitate because of Halloween/UM.

#12427 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

UM owner here, it sits right next to my Godzilla. Fantastic looking game with VERY high quality art and a very good build (I have had no major issues). If I sat it next to Bond 60th, well you know how that game looks. Boutique companies exist for a reason, to bring us titles that might not otherwise be made (and to push the bigger guys - personal opinion Stern partly went all out on Godzilla to slight Spooky - Thanks Spooky, Stern obviously takes you guys seriously!)
As far as the software issue is concerned, it being resolved favorable and while I wish I had an update today, I am excited about the new programmer Matt whose first effort so far which included almost starting over after Fawzma was very good I think based on your thread here - and though we don't have an update yet, we are benefiting from all the base code rewriting (and you guys beta testing and finding bugs). My confidence in Matt is bolstered not only by this first effort but also rotordave's help/endorsement in getting Matt on board.
I have a Scooby on order and did not hesitate because of Halloween/UM.

Yeah we have to big up Matt, he has taken on a gargantuan task with Spooky who’s customers are very enthusiastic let’s just say.
I have faith that the end result will put closure to all the non believers and these pins will become classics, I’m loving mine so far (even with issues I’ve had).
This could be another New Zealand Story

#12428 1 year ago

I guess….[quoted image]

Theres an upper playfield and a castle, outside of that, the layouts are very different and lot of different gameplay element differences between the two.

#12429 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Here my 2 cents:

I thought Bug has moved on to Scooby Doo? I think it is all in the hands of Matt, who from the sounds of it is very good. Taking on both Halloween and Ultraman at the same time will be a miracle if he can pull it off.

#12430 1 year ago

Bug is the owners son who at this point it “seems” as he is the acting owner. Yes, Matt is the coder in charge at this point.
I’m not a coder but I hardly see it being a “miracle” to finish the codes.

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I thought Bug has moved on to Scooby Doo? I think it is all in the hands of Matt, who from the sounds of it is very good. Taking on both Halloween and Ultraman at the same time will be a miracle if he can pull it off.

#12431 1 year ago

I guess I'm going to install 1.09 code because there is no update for period of time.

#12432 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Bug is the owners son who at this point it “seems” as he is the acting owner. Yes, Matt is the coder in charge at this point.

I mean no offense here, but software is hard. I hear this type of stuff all the time from non-developers. It takes time, which means money, and sometimes it takes a level of thinking that is pretty abstract. Complicated, in other words. Of course it can get finished and doesn’t take a miracle. What’s hard is figuring out how to get to the finish line without overspending your budget. In pinball, where you can never make everybody happy, and there’s always complaining even when something is great - it does seem to approach impossible.

#12433 1 year ago

Fair enough as I have absolutely no knowledge in that field.
From my own experience, I have been a homebuilder for the last 20 years. I subcontract about 75% of the process and handle the rest myself with one full time employee. This background has given me firsthand knowledge in running a company and paying for specialized work to be done on my homes.
I guess I would be considered “boutique” as a homebuilder as I do around 5 homes a year.

Anyway, I can tell you that come Hell or High-water my houses will get completed in a way that I am personally proud of. No, I cannot please everybody but I won’t stop until I am proud to have put my name on the home.

I feel like I am a good judge of character. I have personally met Bug and Luke. I feel their passion for what they produce and what they put their name on.
I seriously have no doubt that this game (and UM) are special to them because Bugs father “handed him the keys” so to speak.
I hope this new programmer is the man for the job and can be the hero but if not this company cannot stop no matter the cost IMO.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean no offense here, but software is hard. I hear this type of stuff all the time from non-developers. It takes time, which means money, and sometimes it takes a level of thinking that is pretty abstract. Complicated, in other words. Of course it can get finished and doesn’t take a miracle. What’s hard is figuring out how to get to the finish line without overspending your budget. In pinball, where you can never make everybody happy, and there’s always complaining even when something is great - it does seem to approach impossible.

#12434 1 year ago

Oh and because I met them and know where to find them they should have gotten the impression from me that I will pass out swirlies to all crew members if they leave us all high and dry

#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Coding is not that easy. I wish people would stop over simplifying it. If it was so easy software engineers would be a dime a dozen. Doing two games at once plus stepping in to finish code someone already started is not that easy.

Putting in a new line of code in can have a positive effect, and also a negative effect on code already written. Wish people would understand this. BTW Halloween is my first Spooky pin and I have owned many Sterns since I entered the hobby in 2019.

Now bring on Scooby #32!!

#12436 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Coding is not that easy. I wish people would stop over simplifying it. If it was so easy software engineers would be a dime a dozen. Doing two games at once plus stepping in to finish code someone already started is not that easy.
Putting in a new line of code in can have a positive effect, and also a negative effect on code already written. Wish people would understand this. BTW Halloween is my first Spooky pin and I have owned many Sterns since I entered the hobby in 2019.

Halloween was my first Spooky pin and I have Scooby-Doo on order but I'm game number 1032. Hopefully the code for Scooby-Doo will be polished by the time I receive it.

#12437 1 year ago

So where was I oversimplifying anything?
I wish people would stop acting like it will be a miracle that they hire someone who can finish the game the way it should be. I is/will be happening .

#12438 1 year ago

Shipping out tomorrow for fsumassey his house and vine mod that he bought from Vimtoman. My daughter painted for him. Any other mods you want painted lmk. She’s very good.

082F8A6F-08AC-458E-B3F8-58DA00CE54E3 (resized).jpeg082F8A6F-08AC-458E-B3F8-58DA00CE54E3 (resized).jpeg48F364C2-13E3-45DE-AB18-6D3429846CB3 (resized).jpeg48F364C2-13E3-45DE-AB18-6D3429846CB3 (resized).jpeg
#12439 1 year ago

Shipping out tomorrow for fsumassey his house and vine mod that he bought from Vimtoman. My daughter painted for him. Any other mods you want painted lmk. She’s very good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wish mine wasn’t already installed. Don’t even remember how to install it originally but wish I would have mailed it out to you first

Looks great

#12440 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wish mine wasn’t already installed. Don’t even remember how to install it originally but wish I would have mailed it out to you first
Looks great

Thank you. Really appreciate the nice compliment for my daughter. It’s not that hard to remove it if you want it done.

#12441 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wish mine wasn’t already installed. Don’t evmber how to install it originally but wish I would have mailed it out to you first
Looks great

Just find some stain and put a little on a brush, wont even need to uninstall it.

#12442 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks amazing. Thanks so much for doing this for me! Looking forward to adding it to my machine!

#12443 1 year ago

Just drove an hour to play a different Halloween, and a bunch of other machines at Pizza J’s. It was reserved for a private party and got turned away. Drove an hour home. Lesson learned. Call ahead before you go to Pizza J’s and make sure it’s open to the public before you get in the car.

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just drove an hour to play a different Halloween, and a bunch of other machines at Pizza J’s. It was reserved for a private party and got turned away. Drove an hour home. Lesson learned. Call ahead before you go to Pizza J’s and make sure it’s open to the public before you get in the car.

Ouch. You can play mine next time you are up this way.....

#12445 1 year ago

Sorry about that, the restaurant does not typically close to the public. If you decide to make another trip down let me know…pinball and pizza on me.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

#12446 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sorry about that, the restaurant does not typically close to the public. If you decide to make another trip down let me know…pinball and pizza on me.

Coming over

#12447 1 year ago

Happy Birthday today to the horror master himself, JOHN CARPENTER!

#12448 1 year ago

Not mad at all,but was on my way to a hood game
Two modes complete on first ball,house supers collected and just started sanitarium multi ball and the game just froze had to reboot

Why does this happen ? Overwhelming the game?

#12449 1 year ago

I’ve had some weird restarts as well. Rare but similar to what you described

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Not mad at all,but was on my way to a hood game
Two modes complete on first ball,house supers collected and just started sanitarium multi ball and the game just froze had to reboot

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

This shouldn't happen and I want to find out what's causing it, but I haven't been able to reproduce yet.

Spacemanratso09 when your game is on, can you plug a USB drive in, it will copy the log files, and can you email them to me at [email protected]?

If anyone else can do the same if their game crashes or freezes, that would be really helpful too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.