IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 339.
#12701 1 year ago

Have this on my machine. Looks very nice.

#12702 1 year ago

I assume this is an actual playfield that you could use to do a swap? Not just wall art?

#12703 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I assume this is an actual playfield that you could use to do a swap? Not just wall art?

If it says it’s a second…there may be some blemishes. But I do see some are labeled as new, or unblemished…and these could be used for a playfield swap I think.

#12704 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If it says it’s a second…there may be some blemishes. But I do see some are labeled as new, or unblemished…and these could be used for a playfield swap I think.

Its an older PF with the Hedge Multib all issue.

#12705 1 year ago

Our "seconds" are real playfields that we rejected for some reason. The most common issue is probably a drill slipping on someone during assembly. Buy them for wall art, but in general most of the issues are pretty small. You could get lucky with a pretty decent second, but there is no guarantee. If you want a replacement playfield just pay a bit more and grab a new one.

#12706 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I already have one of those. It’s like a Billy Ripken FF card.

#12707 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I already have one of those. It’s like a Billy Ripken FF card.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Never forget.

#12708 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It’s ‘hedge multiba’

Wasn’t an issue until SpecialK went on a tirade about it. Reminds me of B/W playfields back in the day. Know how they would’ve handled it? Crickets.

I was mildly surprised when Spooky redid the cnc’ing.

#12709 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Playing on a standard too

What were the differences between the standard and ce?

#12710 1 year ago

Could someone take a picture of where the Michael servo wires run? I forgot to take a picture before replacing the servos and now it looks to me like the wires are really visible and in the way, but perhaps they were always like that and I had not noticed.

#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What were the differences between the standard and ce?

Pinside_forum_6373736_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6373736_0 (resized).jpg
#12712 1 year ago

My top Micheal isn’t peeking any longer,is the changing the piece that makes him move pretty straightforward? Looks like it’s right there to get at

Thanks

#12713 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Could someone take a picture of where the Michael servo wires run? I forgot to take a picture before replacing the servos and now it looks to me like the wires are really visible and in the way, but perhaps they were always like that and I had not noticed.

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

My top Michael isn’t peeking any longer, is the changing the piece that makes him move pretty straightforward? Looks like it’s right there to get at
Thanks

Here are a few pics showing how the Michael servo wiring is run. You can see that I used some split-loom tubing to conceal the wiring between each of the servos and where the wire bundle goes down into and through the playfield. Below the playfield, the excess servo wiring is just bundled up and secured with zip ties.

Changing out a Michael servo is pretty easy. You will need to unbundle the servo wiring under the playfield and unplug the three servo connectors from the pinotaur board. You'll then be able to pull the whole wire bundle up through the top of the playfield. Although you may not need to, I chose to remove the left habitrail from the playfield, making the job of changing out the servos much easier.

As inexpensive as the new servos are (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874JS7BX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title), I'd recommend you change out all three of them at the same time.

Michaels (resized).jpgMichaels (resized).jpgMichaels_1 (resized).jpgMichaels_1 (resized).jpgHarness (resized).jpgHarness (resized).jpg
#12714 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Here are a few pics showing how the Michael servo wiring is run. You can see that I used some split-loom tubing to conceal the wiring between each of the servos and where the wire bundle goes down into and through the playfield.

Thanks for the pics. That tubing is pretty nice, I'll have to pick some up.

#12715 1 year ago

If your bracket under Judiths grave has the same quality as mine had, fixed version:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5850953

IMG20230212154025 (resized).jpgIMG20230212154025 (resized).jpg
#12716 1 year ago

Has there been any hints on a code update ? Hey SpookyBug throw us a bone. Lol! Been awhile.

#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Has there been any hints on a code update ? Hey SpookyBug throw us a bone. Lol! Been awhile.

They are kinda busy with Scooby right now. So Scooby was thrown the bone lol

#12718 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Here are a few pics showing how the Michael servo wiring is run. You can see that I used some split-loom tubing to conceal the wiring between each of the servos and where the wire bundle goes down into and through the playfield. Below the playfield, the excess servo wiring is just bundled up and secured with zip ties.
Changing out a Michael servo is pretty easy. You will need to unbundle the servo wiring under the playfield and unplug the three servo connectors from the pinotaur board. You'll then be able to pull the whole wire bundle up through the top of the playfield. Although you may not need to, I chose to remove the left habitrail from the playfield, making the job of changing out the servos much easier.
As inexpensive as the new servos are (amazon.com link »), I'd recommend you change out all three of them at the same time.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this. My bottom Michael is creeping and I do have all three replacement servos already. Will replace soon.

#12719 1 year ago

That’s not how it works, the guy working on HWN / UM isn’t working on scoob

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are kinda busy with Scooby right now. So Scooby was thrown the bone lol

#12720 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks for this. My bottom Michael is creeping and I do have all three replacement servos already. Will replace soon.

I’ve been waiting for a Michael to die. Middle one is intermittent. Also sitting a replacements.

#12721 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s not how it works, the guy working on HWN / UM isn’t working on scoob

Still the rest of the Spooky crew likely has to go over any new code, test it out, play it. If theres any new assets involved that requires licensor discussion, or gameplay tweaks to test, it's gonna involve more than just the programmer. I'm sure Matt is doing most of the work himself at this point but they still would need to involve spooky before anything can be released to public. So the scramble for Scooby's launch could potentially slow down the code rollout for UM/Halloween.

As much as I really really want new code, I know the folks over at Ultraman need an update soon.

#12722 1 year ago

Can't wait to park a Scooby next to my Halloween, next to my Rick and Morty soon! Spooky rocks!

#12723 1 year ago

I'm sure it's already been addressed but what is the cause of a pinball falling into the cabinet?

Had a game on route that was off for 4-5 days until I could get to it and found a ball in the coinbox.

#12724 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I'm sure it's already been addressed but what is the cause of a pinball falling into the cabinet?
Had a game on route that was off for 4-5 days until I could get to it and found a ball in the coinbox.

Wasn't there an issue with early-run games where there was some kind of gap at or next to the center ramp that would allow a ball to fall into the cabinet?

I'll try to find that.

RM

#12726 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

When I first got our UM BSE in November it had this problem a handful of times. If the ball went up the center ramp at an angle or even worse, hit that inclined plastic right next to the ramp, the ball would sometimes fall under the upper PFs or down into the cabinet if it didn't get caught in wires.

I was able to eliminate this problem without disassembling the uppers on the game. Flip the PF into full service position where you can get to the cutout where the ramp and uppers are. From the right-side of the game looking into that cavity toward the ramp you will see a little plexi piece that is meant to keep the ball from falling into the game. In my case there was a SLIGHT gap just enough to let the ball through IF it hit wrong. I just used a small strip of silicone with a sticky back, stuck the two strips along the top of the plexi piece and the ball hasn't disappeared since. It is VERY hard to get pictures in there, but I will try and lift my PF later and see if I can get a picture of what I did.

#12727 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

When I first got our UM BSE in November it had this problem a handful of times. If the ball went up the center ramp at an angle or even worse, hit that inclined plastic right next to the ramp, the ball would sometimes fall under the upper PFs or down into the cabinet if it didn't get caught in wires.
I was able to eliminate this problem without disassembling the uppers on the game. Flip the PF into full service position where you can get to the cutout where the ramp and uppers are. From the right-side of the game looking into that cavity toward the ramp you will see a little plexi piece that is meant to keep the ball from falling into the game. In my case there was a SLIGHT gap just enough to let the ball through IF it hit wrong. I just used a small strip of silicone with a sticky back, stuck the two strips along the top of the plexi piece and the ball hasn't disappeared since. It is VERY hard to get pictures in there, but I will try and lift my PF later and see if I can get a picture of what I did.

Thank you both. I’ll look at that area this week and try to figure it out. Being that the ball was in the coin box, it seems wild that it was at the center ramp where it got out, if that’s what happened.

#12728 1 year ago

Why does escape the kitchen feel so much more complete than the other modes from a visual point of view? The LCD animation for escape the kitchen is super simple but it’s great!! I would love this same aesthetic/art style used on the other modes especially the easy modes and replace those cartoonish graphics.

#12729 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why does escape the kitchen feel so much more complete than the other modes from a visual point of view? The LCD animation for escape the kitchen is super simple but it’s great!! I would love this same aesthetic/art style used on the other modes especially the easy modes and replace those cartoonish graphics.

Believe because it's simply using the Jason Edminston art bits for the "animation" playing and not the more cartoony stuff that was made.

I still hope for Sanitarium mode's animations to get axed and replaced eventually. It's the one bit of animation that I've had multiple people laugh at or look at me and be like "seriously?!" with how bad it looks. It doesn't help that sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

#12730 1 year ago

I hate all the cartoony crap as well

Believe because it's simply using the Jason Edminston art bits for the "animation" playing and not the more cartoony stuff that was made.
I still hope for Sanitarium mode's animations to get axed and replaced eventually. It's the one bit of animation that I've had multiple people laugh at or look at me and be like "seriously?!" with how bad it looks. It doesn't help that sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

#12731 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I hate all the cartoony crap as well

Why I like Bob and Linda mode too, cause it's mostly using the simpler static like art. Don't need overdone CG looking flash art at all in this, the stuff that looks fine is the slightly animated or zooming in and panning of the quality Edminston art worked great in those modes.

#12732 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Thank you both. I’ll look at that area this week and try to figure it out. Being that the ball was in the coin box, it seems wild that it was at the center ramp where it got out, if that’s what happened.

The escaping ball off the center ramp had been a problem on my HW early on until I found the thin plastic shield anchored by only one fastening point. See pics in post #2419 in this thread.

The easter egg ball in the coin box could be coming from a potential gap between the pf apron and the cabinet body. While my gap on HW hasn't allowed any escaping balls, my RAM did initially. Other pinsiders suggested installing a simple post with small ring which I did and that has stopped it from ever happening again. Positioning of the pf (especially if trying to center the plunger strike) may contribute to the gap size on the left. The pic below is obviously from my RAM. Hope something here helps solve your situation.

RAM apron post 2023.2.15 (resized).jpgRAM apron post 2023.2.15 (resized).jpg
#12733 1 year ago

Why I like Bob and Linda mode too, cause it's mostly using the simpler static like art. Don't need overdone CG looking flash art at all in this, the stuff that looks fine is the slightly animated or zooming in and panning of the quality Edminston art worked great in those modes.

Would be great if Spooky can get this all uniform across the game, get rid of all the cartoon stuff (it’s not even well drawn) and replace it with the static Edminston art, it just works so well with the theme!

And it’s night and day the difference, the modes and aspects of the game using the Edminston art feel “complete” the cartoony modes feel unfinished and placeholder because they are quite jarring and instead of pulling you into the theme do the exact opposite.

#12734 1 year ago

sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

YES YES YES.

#12735 1 year ago

A group of people in pinball,including myself ,are big horror fans.

Peeps with big collections will sometimes have some horror pins,but some of us,if we can only have a few pins for whatever reason would prefer them to be horror themed ,whether they be funny like MB or serious like Halloween

I would imagine,someone walking into the hobby of pinball years from now,and then discovering the horror games,then seeing this game ,are gonna lose their shit.

Still enjoying this game very much

#12736 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:It doesn't help that sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

I don't want to see Sanitarium mode go, but generally I agree it takes over the whole game, and I think it's far too easy to start. Maybe after the first time it should be more difficult than just hitting that middle playfield shot

#12737 1 year ago

Sanitarium Multiball will be getting a new menu setting. You'll be able to set a timer, so that that you're not stuck in the qualification phase for an extended period of time. Another menu option will also open up the upper playfield, so that if you'll have a second option for reaching that middle playfield. The upper will have shots on it to extend your timer; similar to those light blue shots that were added to extend the timer in House Multiball.

#12738 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't want to see Sanitarium mode go, but generally I agree it takes over the whole game, and I think it's far too easy to start. Maybe after the first time it should be more difficult than just hitting that middle playfield shot

I would agree. It’s to easy to start sanitarium on that one shot.

#12739 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Think it should be a simple hurry up like shot instead of it taking over the game and locking the rest out. It's not meant to be a hard to get shot but if you end up missing it and drain to the lower PF, it can be a pain to get back up there and you get into loops of "oops" and having to keep trying to climb back up. If you start it, a timer/hurry up is perfect for it I think.

Its good to hear the option is coming, will this need to be turned on or will it be a new default that can be altered? Reminds me of how they switched things like that for Godzilla and such, stuff for "hard mode"

#12740 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sanitarium Multiball will be getting a new menu setting. You'll be able to set a timer, so that that you're not stuck in the qualification phase for an extended period of time. Another menu option will also open up the upper playfield, so that if you'll have a second option for reaching that middle playfield. The upper will have shots on it to extend your timer; similar to those light blue shots that were added to extend the timer in House Multiball.

Awesome!!

#12741 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Any news or info on the graphics discussed above? Those Edminston art/graphics that are slightly animated are fantastic and those modes shine aesthetically with the theme.

Any chance you guys are going to get the graphics cohesive as the display and graphics is a little jarring at times currently and spoils the atmosphere.

#12742 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any news or info on the graphics discussed above? Those Edminston art/graphics that are slightly animated are fantastic and those modes shine aesthetically with the theme.
Any chance you guys are going to get the graphics cohesive as the display and graphics is a little jarring at times currently and spoils the atmosphere.

They had new animators making new content for the game as added in last code, so imagine if they did replace/add stuff it would be by the new art folks. Only issue I think with using the Edminston art is that there is only so much of it to use, he's not going to make new art at this point probably so they can probably only use what they have access too which is not a ton left probably

#12743 1 year ago

They had new animators making new content for the game as added in last code, so imagine if they did replace/add stuff it would be by the new art folks. Only issue I think with using the Edminston art is that there is only so much of it to use, he's not going to make new art at this point probably so they can probably only use what they have access too which is not a ton left probably

Something needs doing as currently there is 4 or 5 different styles of animation, sanitarium is one of the biggest offenders, that badly drawn yard with the crazy inmates is not great but then a realistic styled pair of cell doors pops up each time your return an inmate.

#12744 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something needs doing as currently there is 4 or 5 different styles of animation, sanitarium is one of the biggest offenders, that badly drawn yard with the crazy inmates is not great but then a realistic styled pair of cell doors pops up each time your return an inmate.

I don't mind the realistic assets as it goes with having live video clips already. I do think they could replace and clean up the animated bits more. Some are clearly better than others. Everyone knows the Sanitarium bit in the car is cringe, while some of the other modes have more simple or static animation that looks ok.

#12745 1 year ago

So I finally have my machine CE #753 (my machine didn't come with a numbered CE plaque, so have contacted Spooky for one (hopefully not a ball ache, as I live in the U.K)

So my initial thoughts after a bunch of games:

Really enjoying the game - very addictive!

Enjoy the upper playfields much more than I expected - reminds me a bit of TBL. Usually with uper pf I find them annoying, but I like the fact on the middle PF you can actually cradle the ball at times and flipper feels very responsive.

Love the ability to continue Hedge MB by hitting the pumpkin scoop ; reminds me of CFTBL

If I'm understanding whats going on correctly, liking the risk/reward olelements of collecting more blood/shots/bonuses before cashing out at the pumpkin scoop to complete modes (if this is What's going on, I love it and reminds me of CIU modes on Metallica)

Fantastic lighting and sound; very immersive

Some callouts come across quite humorous, which I wasn't expecting - nice surprise

The fake English accent isn't annoying me like I expected.

Callouts for Jackpots and Supers could use a bit more gusto or fanfare, but they do the job

Judith gravestone shot could be utilised a lot more (outside of hitting skill shot, it's a pretty underwhelming shot when you hit it - maybe a better lightshow/sound/callout when hit might help). Also not really a fan of the locked ball simply releasing when you drain; feels flat and like it should only be released when the drop target is it and that when that happens there should be a big fanfare and start a huge multiball like TNA. The current 2 ball MB feels very basic and flat at thrle moment when started.

Extra ball defo needs a much better annimation; could have M.M slicing a ball or something like that?

I'm running the latest code, but often clips show artifacts/pixelation or whatever, like video codex are not decompressing properly ; really needs to be sorted out, as takes you out of the experience.

So in summary - very pleased to own this game, especially as it'll keep getting better

Question re; Judith lock - I played a 2p with my wife and I'd managed to lock the ball. When I drained I'm pretty sure it released the ball for me to contune playing, but isn't the idea that in multilayer the ball is only releasd once another player hits three shot and steals the ball?

20230216_183332 (resized).jpg20230216_183332 (resized).jpg
#12746 1 year ago

I don't own a Halloween but I have a TNA CE. I designed some plugs to cover the holes on top of the backbox for my TNA. I seen a Halloween the other day and it has the same holes in the top of the backbox as the TNA CE. For the 3D printer owners you can make your own if you wish. Now I go back and start blowing up some reactors!

https://www.printables.com/model/335623-tna-ce-backbox-plugs

#12747 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

So I finally have my machine CE #753 (my machine didn't come with a numbered CE plaque, so have contacted Spooky for one (hopefully not a ball ache, as I live in the U.K)
So my initial thoughts after a bunch of games:
Really enjoying the game - very addictive!
Enjoy the upper playfields much more than I expected - reminds me a bit of TBL. Usually with uper pf I find them annoying, but I like the fact on the middle PF you can actually cradle the ball at times and flipper feels very responsive.
Love the ability to continue Hedge MB by hitting the pumpkin scoop ; reminds me of CFTBL
If I'm understanding whats going on correctly, liking the risk/reward olelements of collecting more blood/shots/bonuses before cashing out at the pumpkin scoop to complete modes (if this is What's going on, I love it and reminds me of CIU modes on Metallica)
Fantastic lighting and sound; very immersive
Some callouts come across quite humorous, which I wasn't expecting - nice surprise
The fake English accent isn't annoying me like I expected.
Callouts for Jackpots and Supers could use a bit more gusto or fanfare, but they do the job
Judith gravestone shot could be utilised a lot more (outside of hitting skill shot, it's a pretty underwhelming shot when you hit it - maybe a better lightshow/sound/callout when hit might help). Also not really a fan of the locked ball simply releasing when you drain; feels flat and like it should only be released when the drop target is it and that when that happens there should be a big fanfare and start a huge multiball like TNA. The current 2 ball MB feels very basic and flat at thrle moment when started.
Extra ball defo needs a much better annimation; could have M.M slicing a ball or something like that?
I'm running the latest code, but often clips show artifacts/pixelation or whatever, like video codex are not decompressing properly ; really needs to be sorted out, as takes you out of the experience.
So in summary - very pleased to own this game, especially as it'll keep getting better
Question re; Judith lock - I played a 2p with my wife and I'd managed to lock the ball. When I drained I'm pretty sure it released the ball for me to contune playing, but isn't the idea that in multilayer the ball is only releasd once another player hits three shot and steals the ball?
[quoted image]

I played a 2 player and the Judith locked ball released for me when I drained so I think that "stealing a ball" thing for MP doesn't work.

I've asked before also but never saw it confirmed or tested, but when you unlock the 2nd ball and got the 2 balls out, it says on the flowchart you get 2x scoring, but I see no indicator of this anywhere nor could tell that I was getting much more points anywhere either, so also not sure if that is working as intended? Anyone at Spooky or anyone know?

#12748 1 year ago

Just joined with CE 915. Really addicted to this game .

#12749 1 year ago

I played a 2 player and the Judith locked ball released for me when I drained so I think that "stealing a ball" thing for MP doesn't work.
I've asked before also but never saw it confirmed or tested, but when you unlock the 2nd ball and got the 2 balls out, it says on the flowchart you get 2x scoring, but I see no indicator of this anywhere nor could tell that I was getting much more points anywhere either, so also not sure if that is working as intended? Anyone at Spooky or anyone know?

There is no stealing the ball thing in Halloween. It's intended to be a ball save for you or hit it and it's a 2 ball multiball.
You need to remember it is in there when you drain and start playing the ball as soon as it drops after you drain your ball.

#12750 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There is no stealing the ball thing in Halloween. It's intended to be a ball save for you or hit it and it's a 2 ball multiball.
You need to remember it is in there when you drain and start playing the ball as soon as it drops after you drain your ball.

Also 2X scoring

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.