20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 339.
#12051 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Playing on the new code and discovered what may be a bug.
Whenever starting "Laurie Slashes Back" and the ball plunges, the dump ramp will drop. I don't recall if this action was in previous code versions.
Does anyone else's machine do this?

It does it on death in the driver seat as well. Was going to post, but kinda getting tired of it. Hoping they start testing these updates before releasing.

#12052 1 year ago

On my UM you light the extra ball by completing two of the scoop modes and then hitting the scoop again. Maybe different on HWN.

#12053 1 year ago

I know they said UM is getting updated too, but does this mean Matt is having to go back and forth between code updates in these games or are we gonna eventually go back to parity with them both getting updated around same time?

#12054 1 year ago

so, I managed to stack 1 mission, 1 multi judith myers, 1 attack the house and...1 second attack the house...24 M on the first ball. I thought it was going to bug more than that but no, its level was hard to follow.

#12055 1 year ago

Thanks Spooky team! Never doubted you.

5612AE1D-0AC5-494B-BD59-EC52220DC27B (resized).jpeg5612AE1D-0AC5-494B-BD59-EC52220DC27B (resized).jpeg
#12056 1 year ago

Anyone have a problem after the code update where the machine seems to cycle through rebooting? It eventually settles and I can play a game but if not played it recycles through start up. I re-updated the code and it did not change anything.

#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have a problem after the code update where the machine seems to cycle through rebooting? It eventually settles and I can play a game but if not played it recycles through start up. I re-updated the code and it did not change anything.

I reinstalled 1.08a and sticking with that code until this gets resolved.

#12058 1 year ago

Still on 1.08a and made it to Boogyman, is the knocker supposed to go off every time you lock a ball?

#12059 1 year ago

Where did you get it? Not on the site anymore.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

I reinstalled 1.08a and sticking with that code until this shit gets resolved. They have been taking about 1.09 for sooo long I don’t get how there are this many issues

#12060 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I reinstalled 1.08a and sticking with that code until this shit gets resolved. They have been taking about 1.09 for sooo long I don’t get how there are this many issues

New programmer coming in to fix and update code. Take time and coding is not that easy. Fix one thing add another then bugs happen. Just try to be patient. Look how long it took for Munsters to get an update and Stranger Things.

#12061 1 year ago

I have had a Munsters a long time, the difference is that Munsters was never as clunky as Halloween.

I love my Halloween but I will admit I was expecting a lot more out of this last update. I know more is coming and spooky is dealing with some growing pains but I feel like I have stuck by them and been a bit let down by the progress of the code.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

New programmer coming in to fix and update code. Take time and coding is not that easy. Fix one thing add another then bugs happen. Just try to be patient. Look how long it took for Munsters to get an update and Stranger Things.

#12062 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

They lost Fawzma and Matt is still getting up to speed, I would imagine.
Honestly, when they announced 1.09 , then a new pin the next, I felt it probably was still not ready, but pitchforks would have been out if they announced Scooby-Doo before Halloween code. Debating going back to 1.08a.

#12063 1 year ago

If anyone has a usb with 108 and are willing to mail it to me, please send me a PM. I will cover shipping of course.

#12064 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

The patch was done in like 5 weeks, rewriting much of the code. For whatever reason they lost the original programmer it sounds and someone had to be brought in. Last update was in July so all this time was another update in the works and then they had to scrap it and start over with only 5 week lead it? I don't think it's the programmers fault clearly, but behind the scenes mess it sounds like that got a rushed buggy code out

Quoted from manadams:

Still on 1.08a and made it to Boogyman, is the knocker supposed to go off every time you lock a ball?

Yes, its supposed to be like shooting the gun

#12065 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

...For whatever reason they lost the original programmer it sounds and someone had to be brought in.

Pretty sure he was fired for, spoilers, shitty updates.

#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

If anyone has a usb with 108 and are willing to mail it to me, please send me a PM. I will cover shipping of course.

The code was in this forum a few pages back

Post 12013

#12067 1 year ago

I've had a couple of mid game crashes now which never happened on 1.08, so yep unfortunately there certainly do seem to be some bugs introduced. But that's ok, I do believe these will all get ironed out, and I really do like the additional animations (the replay, the ball save, combo and the pumpkin carving animations as you clear the drops are all great) - so I'm super keen to see what they come up with next. Just hope it doesn't take as long as 1.09 did!

#12068 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I’m patient and I enjoy the game and my new Tna 2.0

#12069 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty sure he was fired for, spoilers, shitty updates.

There’s no indication whatsoever this is the case. Fawzma still has Spooky on his LinkedIn page. Now that animator…

#12070 1 year ago

Quick rules questions. AM I correct that to get the only wizard mode in the game (Boogeyman) I need to accomplish Hedge, Smith's Groove and house attack. If this is true, my question is when I start house attack and get it across the platform to then start house attack multiball, When finished with multi ball I see that House 1 and house 2 is lit red but house 3 is lit yellow. Do you have to get the super jackpot to light it red and consider it completed to move towards wizard mode? Do you have to get all the super Jackpots to complete each main mode to get wizard mode?

#12071 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s no indication whatsoever this is the case. Fawzma still has Spooky on his LinkedIn page. Now that animator…

Ah gotcha thanks; so just a demotion.

#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah gotcha thanks; so just a demotion.

I dunno. Maybe he’s working on scooby?

#12073 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Quick rules questions. AM I correct that to get the only wizard mode in the game (Boogeyman) I need to accomplish Hedge, Smith's Groove and house attack. If this is true, my question is when I start house attack and get it across the platform to then start house attack multiball, When finished with multi ball I see that House 1 and house 2 is lit red but house 3 is lit yellow. Do you have to get the super jackpot to light it red and consider it completed to move towards wizard mode? Do you have to get all the super Jackpots to complete each main mode to get wizard mode?

Yes super jackpot in all three main modes to unlock boogeyman

#12074 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

DJ is doing Scooby they said in the Scooby thread.

Matt is doing Halloween and UM.

Pretty sure Fawzma is gone

#12075 1 year ago

Updated with the old code and it’s doing the same. Need to call Spooky.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

The code was in this forum a few pages back
Post 12013

#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

What’s it doing?

#12077 1 year ago

It will boot up and I can start and play a game. If I don’t start a game a black screen comes on and it reboots.

Quoted from Geeterman1:

What’s it doing?

#12078 1 year ago

Yes super jackpot in all three main modes to unlock boogeyman

Super helpful! Thank You!

#12079 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Super helpful! Thank You!

The next wizard mode to be added from their ruleset seems to involve the same but also completing all the pumpkin modes? Not clear on that one yet and if it means actually playing each mode or having to WIN each pumpkin mode cause that's a tall order to accomplish

#12080 1 year ago

I would hope there are at least two more wiz modes coming: one for playing/finishing all the pumpkin modes, and one for playing/finishing everything.

#12081 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yikes.

#12082 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It will boot up and I can start and play a game. If I don’t start a game a black screen comes on and it reboots.

Did you move the game at all? Could be something as simple as something coming unplugged - maybe even from vibration. This happened to my tna 2.0 when it first arrived due to some connectors in the backbox unseating

#12083 1 year ago

Yea it's just so much gloom around this game now, here and on other pin forums/facebook groups, the code hasn't gone over well. Clearly needed more time and they just had to get it out before announcing Scooby. Not even a live broadcast of new code which they typically do. It feels bad waiting so long, even though understand the situation, it's still a big bummer.

He's not, DJ is the doing the code for Scooby. Fawzma I doubt has anything to do with Spooky anymore.

#12084 1 year ago

Did not move it at all.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

Did you move the game at all? Could be something as simple as something coming unplugged - maybe even from vibration. This happened to my tna 2.0 when it first arrived due to some connectors in the backbox unseating

#12085 1 year ago

Yea it's just so much gloom around this game now, here and on other pin forums/facebook groups, the code hasn't gone over well. Clearly needed more time and they just had to get it out before announcing Scooby. Not even a live broadcast of new code which they typically do. It feels bad waiting so long, even though understand the situation, it's still a big bummer.

He's not, DJ is the doing the code for Scooby. Fawzma I doubt has anything to do with Spooky anymore.

Sometimes you just have to roll with it. Spooky has always been for the customer…but something’s we aren’t and shouldn’t be privy to. We don’t know what went down…but I have all confidence that Spooky will make it right.

#12086 1 year ago

Ball trails. I probably have 140 plays on mine and starting to see them. From the factory is playfield rubber or silicone bands? I’m planning on installing Ninja pinballs and give it a good cleaning. If bands are rubber may upgrade to silicone. What are other people seeing and doing?

#12087 1 year ago

Ball trails are inevitable no matter what. Pretty sure spooky uses rubber, I personally use titan rubber on ever game and super bands for flippers. I’m currently swapping out the flipper bats in all my games to precision pinballs flipper system. Halloween will probably be next.

Quoted from waletboy:

Ball trails. I probably have 140 plays on mine and starting to see them. From the factory is playfield rubber or silicone bands? I’m planning on installing Ninja pinballs and give it a good cleaning. If bands are rubber may upgrade to silicone. What are other people seeing and doing?

#12088 1 year ago

It was the expectation more than anything - it took quite a while (we all thought it would be released actually on Halloween), then there was talk of new animators and coders etc, so I think all the owners were expecting some huge major overhauls and a lot of bug fixes. What we did get were some really nice improvements but still unfortunately fell below these expectations and had additional bugs. They'll make it all right eventually, but it certainly invites some degree of cynicism - even more so from people who don't own the game and have been knocking it constantly.

I'm still enjoying it immensely no matter what, but I know there's an absolute stellar game bubbling under here with some really tight code.

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I replaced with Titan rings early on. I don't like black rubber because of the residue it leaves behind.

#12090 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I know there's an absolute stellar game bubbling under here with some really tight code.

Agree. The bones are solid, the layout is terrific. Even the 1.08 code is pretty darn good. If they put together a stellar update with the remaining content and polish up the modes, Halloween can be spectacular.

#12091 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Quoted from jkashani:

Was that with a full reinstall? If not might be worth trying, it puts 1.08a on as well.

#12092 1 year ago

How to I do a full reinstall?

Quoted from Lostcause:

Was that with a full reinstall? If not might be worth trying, it puts 1.08a on as well.

#12093 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It’s on the same page as the normal update, basically put all the files on a usb stick and plug it in and turn machine on. Should instal going though pages of coding etc Will come to an end asking to reboot etc. just take stick out and turn off wait a bit then turn on and it should boot up with a total new install with 1.08a version.
This can be done from a MacBook Pro as I have done it but couldn’t manage a normal update lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NQVQ4wrUUu0_xQaU4ablp5dBkjwr1L5/view

#12094 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I hear Manny from lights out pinball is really good at this stuff

#12095 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

but pitchforks would have been out if they announced Scooby-Doo before Halloween code. Debating going back to 1.08a

Pitchforks are out-I thought it was a bit lame to release Scooby before Halloween was somewhat polished. Seeing the guys say we are staying up all night and not leaving until it is finished had me thinking it was half baked. I joked with an operator friend on how I would wait for the code to be truly polished so it does not brick my machine. I have been more than patient but this is starting to remind me of Jersey Jack releasing Ruby Red's while people are still waiting for Emerald's. Hey let's sell some TNA's and release Scooby while we wait for approvals? Sorry but hard to buy what is being sold. I was thinking about Scooby Doo but not willing to support these types of shenanigans. Still waiting for my polished code for Halloween

#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Like a lot of folks also said, I switch my games to Titans as soon as I get them. I love the look and feel of teh Titan rubbers. So much better than the original black rubber.
Here's a link to the kit I made for my Halloween with pics.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2964

#12097 1 year ago

Ok I swapped out my board and the RGB housing on the new board are different. So I cant plug in the lights. Where can I get an adapter to plug these in?

And how many of you that have swapped out the boards have run into this issue?

20221216_201141 (resized).jpg20221216_201141 (resized).jpg20221216_201207 (resized).jpg20221216_201207 (resized).jpg
#12098 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok I swapped out my board and the RGB housing on the new board are different. So I cant plug in the lights. Where can I get an adapter to plug these in?
And how many of you that have swapped out the boards have run into this issue?

I just went through a pinotaur board swap on my machine. I'm guessing there are at least a couple of versions of this board; the board I removed from my machine indicated "Revision D" whereas the new board indicated "Revision B".

Included with your new board, there should be two "pigtail" adapters that allow you to plug the old wires into the new connectors on the board. Luckily, I did not need to use them on my board swap; the original RGB connectors plugged right into the new board.

#12099 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I just went through a pinotaur board swap on my machine. I'm guessing there are at least a couple of versions of this board; the board I removed from my machine indicated "Revision D" whereas the new board indicated "Revision B".
Included with your new board, there should be two "pigtail" adapters that allow you to plug the old wires into the new connectors on the board. Luckily, I did not need to use them on my board swap; the original RGB connectors plugged right into the new board.

Mine did not

#12100 1 year ago

Hey guys! Sorry it took a little extra time to get the Halloween video out. Scooby launch had us all really busy. Just confirming that yes, I will still be doing videos for each code update on Halloween and Ultraman. That's not changing! Enjoy the video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/242 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.