IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 339.
#1 2 years ago

Here we go! Halloween is getting out into the wild. To me, this is one of the most revolutionary layouts I’ve played in a long time. Way to go Spooky!!!

#2 2 years ago

Keep those videos comin!!

#3 2 years ago

It was suggested to include a pic for proof…so here ya go…I’ll get more videos soon. So far around 250 games on this pin. Just a blast to play!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It was suggested to include a pic for proof…so here ya go…I’ll get more videos soon. So far around 250 games on this pin. Just a blast to play![quoted image]

Nice Spooky pin collection: I'll have the same once #199 arrives (still hoping in time for this Halloween) and officially join this thread. Unfortunately, my 76" ceiling height forces me to be creative about mounting the toppers adjacent to the games. I'm worried about how I'm going to manage the HWN CE topper, going to have to be real creative.

#5 2 years ago

I will be cutting drywall to make thing fit.

Quoted from zebpin61:

Nice Spooky pin collection: I'll have the same once #199 arrives (still hoping in time for this Halloween) and officially join this thread. Unfortunately, my 76" ceiling height forces me to be creative about mounting the toppers adjacent to the games. I'm worried about how I'm going to manage the HWN CE topper, going to have to be real creative.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Thanks!
I joined the AMH club too. That is set to be delivered this coming Friday. I found an incredible example from an awesome seller. I just got the Laseriffic topper, I’m in on the Medisinyl mod set, and I’ll be putting the white armor on it. Luckily the wife is just as into pinball as me…

#7 2 years ago

Nice! Thanks for all the videos and pictures to help tide us over til our machines arrive. #345 here and anxiously waiting.

#8 2 years ago

Cant wait until #159 arrives. Will be having a unboxing get together for all to enjoy this masterpiece.

#9 2 years ago

#80 here, hoping for a pre-Halloween miracle.

#10 2 years ago

They are averaging 5 a day now and plan to ramp up, you will definitely get your game before Halloween.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

#80 here, hoping for a pre-Halloween miracle.

#11 2 years ago

Here’s a Pumpkin mode…”Quick shot mode”. Goal is to hit the lit shot. It moves quickly, and if you miss, it makes it across the playfield and simply ends.

#12 2 years ago

One more. A little longer video.

Times to watch for.

At the beginning of Hedge multiball there is a quick video clip.

23-24 sec Pumpkin Mode “Annie Combo Mode” is stacked with the multiball. Hit the purple knives. As you hit each knife it turns green…for a short period. Keep hitting purple knives to turn them green and complete the combo shots. Take too long with any individual knife and it turns red. When you complete the objective of a Pumpkin mode, the Jack o Lantern will light. Hit the Jack o Lantern to complete the mode.

1:00 min is a short video clip showing Annie getting killed. It’s dark and there was glare from our windows, sorry.

Apologies for our dog barking and then trying to destroy our computer at the end

#13 2 years ago

I hope that they remove the 'A' from the 'shoot left ramp to reveal A Michael' onscreen text for the hedge. There is only one Michael, shoot to reveal him.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I hope that they remove the 'A' from the 'shoot left ramp to reveal A Michael' onscreen text for the hedge. There is only one Michael, shoot to reveal him.[quoted image]

You can reveal 3 michaels at one time

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

You can reveal 3 michaels at one time

I didn't know that but it still sounds odd. The clip that I took this from revealed only one Michael.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One more. A little longer video.

Can't wait for this one! As an aside -- Almost feels like a responsible purchase as compared to the Banning auction results

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

They are averaging 5 a day now and plan to ramp up, you will definitely get your game before Halloween.

Do we know how many have been shipped to date? I’m pumped and have moved up twice already to spot 254 but not close enough

#18 2 years ago

Just a little info

I should say…I usually don’t like to play in a dark room. But they did the lighting right and the ambiance with the theme and sounds are next level. You’ll love this pin.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I didn't know that but it still sounds odd. The clip that I took this from revealed only one Michael.

Here is the official stream they did. I started this clip at the beginning of the Hedge multiball. You'll see at 3:37 he has two Michaels out at once. It's possible to get all 3 out at once.

#20 2 years ago

#481 moved up from #790. By the time I get mine any issues should be found and hopefully will have knife handle shooter rod. So hopefully by January 2022 I get it.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Here is the official stream they did. I started this clip at the beginning of the Hedge multiball. You'll see at 3:37 he has two Michaels out at once. It's possible to get all 3 out at once.

Thanks for sharing this, it does make sense in that context when you see it.

#22 2 years ago

Curious, are you involved with Spooky, or just got an early game?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Curious, are you involved with Spooky, or just got an early game?

Just Joe Schmoe who blew up his ACNC right after getting it and Luke and the rest of Spooky took pity on me and helped me get it back up and running. So, no, not a Spooky official, but definitely a fan. Great people making great games. I also don’t mind the idiosyncrasies of an early game and hopefully help Spooky out by picking some of these up and making it better for later builds.

#24 2 years ago

Thanks for the vids and all info posted on this gem. 513 CE. Hopefully the Easter Bunny will deliver mine!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just Joe Schmoe who blew up his ACNC right after getting it and Luke and the rest of Spooky took pity on me and helped me get it back up and running. So, no, not a Spooky official, but definitely a fan. Great people making great games. I also don’t mind the idiosyncrasies of an early game and hopefully help Spooky out by picking some of these up and making it better for later builds.

What’s the reliability like as it was mentioned in the UK that there has been issues with reliability?
Was said that one lasted 2 hours and was broke. Not heard anything on this site.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

What’s the reliability like as it was mentioned in the UK that there has been issues with reliability?
Was said that one lasted 2 hours and was broke. Not heard anything on this site.

After around 250 plays…nothing. Just a couple weird stuck balls…which really were no big deal, or 1 was already known and Luke had addressed the problem already and fixed it (I think a tweek to one of the ramps). Wonder what exactly was the problem they ran into in the UK machine?

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

After around 250 plays…nothing. Just a couple weird stuck balls…which really were no big deal, or 1 was already known and Luke had addressed the problem already and we fixed it (I think a tweek to one of the ramps). Wonder what exactly was the problem they ran into in the UK machine?

Don’t think it was a UK machine, I will find the pic. Good to hear no issues with yours, long wait for mine to arrive.
This one apparently was dead after 2 hours. Hopefully working now.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Don’t think it was a UK machine, I will find the pic. Good to hear no issues with yours, long wait for mine to arrive.
This one apparently was dead after 2 hours. Just noticed it has black armour and not gold.
[quoted image]

That sure looks like tilt Pinball bar here in Minneapolis. looks like I'll have to go have a play this weekend!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

That sure looks like tilt Pinball bar here in Minneapolis. looks like I'll have to go have a play this weekend!

Heard that Cactus Jack's in OKC has one as well. I'm not driving up there to check it out though...I'll just wait until someone local gets theirs, or TPF.

#30 2 years ago

I’m #193, but I’m not expecting it before Halloween now. I’d rather it’s made well than rushed off the floor. I have faith it will be done well.

#31 2 years ago

Maybe I missed something. What happened to the knife handle shooting knob thing a ma bob?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Maybe I missed something. What happened to the knife handle shooting knob thing a ma bob?

Think they said it was shipping delays from their part vendor or somesuch. They already said any games sent without it on the game will be getting the stuff in the mail soon as they get them in.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Think they said it was shipping delays from their part vendor or somesuch. They already said any games sent without it on the game will be getting the stuff in the mail soon as they get them in.

good to hear! not a gamebreaker for sure but I was looking forward to that shooter rod!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

This one apparently was dead after 2 hours. Hopefully working now.
[quoted image]

It is, sorta. I'm one of the techs there and I've had my arms in this machine a lot since it arrived on Friday.

It's been popping one of the fuses daily (on the line that powers the left upper and lower flipper, trough coil and the auto plunger). We haven't been able to reproduce it while myself or the other tech's are there so it usually involves one of us having to run over and replace it every day. It will work for a good while after that, and I've spent a good amount of time testing it but so far can't isolate the issue. The bummer is the playfield is a hassle to drop back down afterwards otherwise we'd have one of the bar or kitchen staff take care of it (more on that in a second).

Few other things that have come up from the hundreds of plays so far since it went on the floor last Friday:
- The wire powering the pumpkin flasher in front of the upper playfield will block the ball from falling down into the subway from that level. It's straight up in the way, and to get it out of the way requires stretching it a bit too much so we are probably going to run a new wire and reroute it.
- The pins/lugs at the bottom of that same flasher are right above the scoop, and are already getting hit by balls. Already had to reattach the green wire. Likely going to 3d print a protector or see about moving the whole feature up a bit higher to get it out of harms way.
- The left ramp sticks up above the playfield, and the screws at the top of the ramp were installed at an angle so balls were getting stuck up there quite often and it required a violent shake of the machine to get them free. The solution right now was to remove the left screw completely but the ramp still doesn't sit flush and a slow hit on that ramp causes the ball to get stuck.
- Playfield is not easy to drop back in place; the right side latch for the lockdown bar gets in the way and has to be manually held up meaning one hand to drop the playfield which is something I'm not a fan of. Once it's clear, you have to shimmy the entire playfield a bit to get it to set properly. Something is binding at the back that likely needs adjusting. Once the playfield is in place, getting that right side lockdown latch installed requires some dexterity.

All to be expected from a game where the paint is still drying, and it's been getting a lot of praise from the regulars so far. I'm sure Spooky will help us resolve these in short order (but it's a good thing I'm only 12 minutes away from the location and picked up extra fuses today)

IMG_1483 (resized).jpegIMG_1483 (resized).jpegIMG_1484 (resized).jpegIMG_1484 (resized).jpegIMG_1514 (resized).jpegIMG_1514 (resized).jpeg
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

It is! Don't worry too much about my post above and come play

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

It is, sorta. I'm one of the techs there and I've had my arms in this machine a lot since it arrived on Friday.
It's been popping one of the fuses daily (on the line that powers the left upper and lower flipper, trough coil and the auto plunger). We haven't been able to reproduce it while myself or the other tech's are there so it usually involves one of us having to run over and replace it every day. It will work for a good while after that, and I've spent a good amount of time testing it but so far can't isolate the issue. The bummer is the playfield is a hassle to drop back down afterwards otherwise we'd have one of the bar or kitchen staff take care of it (more on that in a second).
Few other things that have come up from the hundreds of plays so far since it went on the floor last Friday:
- The wire powering the pumpkin flasher in front of the upper playfield will block the ball from falling down into the subway from that level. It's straight up in the way, and to get it out of the way requires stretching it a bit too much so we are probably going to run a new wire and reroute it.
- The pins/lugs at the bottom of that same flasher are right above the scoop, and are already getting hit by balls. Already had to reattach the green wire. Likely going to 3d print a protector or see about moving the whole feature up a bit higher to get it out of harms way.
- The left ramp sticks up above the playfield, and the screws at the top of the ramp were installed at an angle so balls were getting stuck up there quite often and it required a violent shake of the machine to get them free. The solution right now was to remove the left screw completely but the ramp still doesn't sit flush and a slow hit on that ramp causes the ball to get stuck.
- Playfield is not easy to drop back in place; the right side latch for the lockdown bar gets in the way and has to be manually held up meaning one hand to drop the playfield which is something I'm not a fan of. Once it's clear, you have to shimmy the entire playfield a bit to get it to set properly. Something is binding at the back that likely needs adjusting. Once the playfield is in place, getting that right side lockdown latch installed requires some dexterity.
All to be expected from a game where the paint is still drying, and it's been getting a lot of praise from the regulars so far. I'm sure Spooky will help us resolve these in short order (but it's a good thing I'm only 12 minutes away from the location and picked up extra fuses today)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Let Spooky know so they can adjust (I’m sure you have). I’ve been playing mine a ton, but HUO. This is all good info. To those with later machines, this is why there are those with early machines…to work through some of the rough spots. As jonahk said “don’t worry”…the main layout, theme, light show, and sounds are a hit!

#37 2 years ago

I’m kind of surprised to see that unprotected flasher just hanging like that. Obviously it’s going to be decimated by balls over time. Kind of weird that they had the Monster Bash flasher to base a design off of, but just left it like that. I’m sure they will address it.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m kind of surprised to see that unprotected flasher just hanging like that. Obviously it’s going to be decimated by balls over time. Kind of weird that they had the Monster Bash flasher to base a design off of, but just left it like that. I’m sure they will address it.

Great to see people pointing out issues without crying or complaining. This will help spooky to address these things and hopefully each build week will get better and better. ( like the week # 245 is made)

#39 2 years ago

Anyone know around what number they are on? I'm 953 lol

#40 2 years ago

Excellent info @jonahk! Thanks for posting and hope Spooky address these minor issues.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Anyone know around what number they are on? I'm 953 lol

I think I’m 1075 or something, so at least you’re ahead of me!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think I’m 1075 or something, so at least you’re ahead of me!

Haha hey atleast we are in right!?!

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Excellent info jonahk! Thanks for posting and hope Spooky address these minor issues.

Happy to help. Stoked to get the game so early, and nothing like putting it on the floor to help with the Q&A process

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Great to see people pointing out issues without crying or complaining. This will help spooky to address these things and hopefully each build week will get better and better. ( like the week # 245 is made)

We have #17, so there's that....

#45 2 years ago

#56 here. Still waiting on my 3 week shipping email. Can't wait.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

All to be expected from a game where the paint is still drying, and it's been getting a lot of praise from the regulars so far. I'm sure Spooky will help us resolve these in short order (but it's a good thing I'm only 12 minutes away from the location and picked up extra fuses today)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can help you with several of those things if ya call and ask for Luke! Seems like the board is just slightly under fused at 3amp. We have had this happen several times and a 4amp always fixed it right up. Most likely no actual issue occurring.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I can help you with several of those things if ya call and ask for Luke! Seems like the board is just slightly under fused at 3amp. We have had this happen several times and a 4amp always fixed it right up. Most likely no actual issue occurring.

Thanks, Luke! The 4A was still blowing so we went with a 5A slow burn it was solid all through league play this evening (with lots and lots of multiballs).

This game is a lot of fun, and it's been a big hit so far. What would it take to get y'all to come out for the launch party

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I get that, but in the end, you are revealing one Michael in multiple spots. Drop the "A" and it sounds right, and still gets the point across.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks, Luke! The 4A was still blowing so we went with a 5A slow burn it was solid all through league play this evening (with lots and lots of multiballs).
This game is a lot of fun, and it's been a big hit so far. What would it take to get y'all to come out for the launch party

Any issues using a slo burn instead of 3 amp,?

#50 2 years ago

Isn't that a bit of a jump from a 3A to 5A?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.