IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 339.
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Very pleased that Spooky released this update
Only had time to have a few games (first 2 games I played I was terrible, but got around 39M eventual, which is up there with my best)
Couple of things I noticed;
1. A had an issue (think during a mode), where when draining from the top/house playfield, the ball wasn't released down in to the middle/Sanitarium PF - took a couple of ballsaves and a couple of bangs to the side of the machine before the ball was released by the right inlane (IIRC without coming through the asylum PF)
Really hoping this isn't the start of a hardware issue
This happened about 2 or 3 times.
2. Dirty pool shot
I was looking forward to trying this out, as the previous code update didn't have it.
I hit it I think once or twice (in-between the left and right drop targets), and nothing happend? (Was expecting a cool callout and special clip) - I believe I did this during a mode, so maybe nothing happens then?
Anyway, looking forward to playing some more tomorrow with the new features in mind to test out x2 scoring etc!

Dirty pool shot just opens up the house early and you get a bunch of points, there is no special callout or animation for it though. I got it twice since new update so it's been working fine for me.

#13002 1 year ago

2. Dirty pool shot
I was looking forward to trying this out, as the previous code update didn't have it.
I hit it I think once or twice (in-between the left and right drop targets), and nothing happend? (Was expecting a cool callout and special clip) - I believe I did this during a mode, so maybe nothing happens then?
Anyway, looking forward to playing some more tomorrow with the new features in mind to test out x2 scoring etc!

I have UM not HWN, but I "think" you can only get Dirty Pool when you drop the middle target and then thread the needle with a second shot at the start of each ball, not at any time when 3 targets are up.

I think.

Test it with glass off manually.

RM

#13003 1 year ago

I no longer hate sanitarium mode (except that animation), it's so much nicer and fluid now that you can get to the middle field via the upper pf now, and the timer also helps it not overstay. Getting the MB consistently now on it, it no longer takes over the game so that's HUGE for me.

Updated my review as well as this really added some spit shine to the game. Can't wait to see the next stuff.

Also what are the new clips added to the game? I haven't noticed or didn't see them while playing

#13004 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Dirty pool shot just opens up the house early and you get a bunch of points, there is no special callout or animation for it though. I got it twice since new update so it's been working fine for me.

Interesting. UM gets a Double Scoring and special animation where Ultraman splits the Baltan in half with an Energy Buzzsaw.

RM

#13005 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Interesting. UM gets a Double Scoring and special animation where Ultraman splits the Baltan in half with an Energy Buzzsaw.
RM

If you hit the center drop, the knife behind it turns blue. Make the shot between the drops up the ramp fully, it opens up the upper playfield (house mode) early. I think someone said you get like 2 or 5 mil points also for doing this? But yea we don't got a special animation for it.

#13006 1 year ago

Big thanks to spandol for helping work through the Mac update process, with the help of thekaiser82 's comment of using the terminal. We found that Finder wasn't actually showing the hidden file so using the terminal is the way to go. You won't need it for the next update though, just this one.

The instructions on the website have been updated with the terminal command to use: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/hwn-um-update-process/

Thanks for all the positive comments and bug reports that have been sent through.

#13007 1 year ago

I'm really happy with Spooky's last couple of HW updates. 1.10 seems like a nice improvement. Thanks to all at Spooky!

One general thing I noticed now is that after a ball ends, the alternating lights on the strips (with all else mostly dark I think) while that little 3 note sound , seems to be gone. It's just the white playfield lights just stays on now while that sound plays.

Almost since the beginning back in 1.06 or 1.07, I've had this issue with the end match that hasn't been resolved. At the end of the game, the numbers always match and rarely does the knocker ever go off. I tried adjusting the match boost to different values and back to 0 but see no effect. I originally thought it must be because of early code. Possibly in the beginning, the match on my machine used to behave normally but I think it started to do this once I fooled around with the boost trying to get the knocker to go. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've been really terrible at playing HW lately so it's been tough to see all the improvements folks are talking about. My diverter still doesn't seem to be adjusted right so I get a lot of rejects from the center ramp. Last week at least I installed the Vimtoman pumpkin scoop mod so thankfully not as many of those are rejected. Also, my airball deflector seems to be cracked so I think I'm getting more airballs now, so time to call support.

DB

#13008 1 year ago

It seems there have been a lot of changes with sound levels and I'm having problems getting my sound dialed in.

I have my volume set all the way down to two bars, SFX Modifier set to 65, Voice Modifier to 55. Games start out at my preferred volume level but as game play progresses the volume gets progressively louder until it becomes too loud to the point of drowning out my other machines. This occurs within about a minute from the time a ball starts.

Maybe I need to lift the playfield and play with the sound amplifier's settings.

#13009 1 year ago

After some more plays I’ll have a better feeling, but from like 6 or so games last night, I would say the experience is definitely smoother. Great update!

#13010 1 year ago

My review of this update after a half dozen plays is that is evident that the “fun level” of this game is improving. It is starting to all flow together much better and feels less “lineal” I guess. I have always loved the layout but improving the Sanatarium game takeover is huge. Keep up the good work!!

#13011 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Big thanks to spandol for helping work through the Mac update process, with the help of thekaiser82 's comment of using the terminal. We found that Finder wasn't actually showing the hidden file so using the terminal is the way to go. You won't need it for the next update though, just this one.
The instructions on the website have been updated with the terminal command to use: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/hwn-um-update-process/
Thanks for all the positive comments and bug reports that have been sent through.

I’m extremely happy you’re involved now Matt… I’m confident you will shape this thing the way we wanted it to begin with. Keep it up!!!

#13012 1 year ago

I have to say again... house attack overtaking everything else needs to go. That is the one thing that sucks. I am trying to finish a mode but the house attack takes over and masks everything else going on. House attacks needs to be stand alone and not interfere with the other modes.

#13013 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have to say again... house attack overtaking everything else needs to go. That is the one thing that sucks. I am trying to finish a mode but the house attack takes over and masks everything else going on. House attacks needs to be stand alone and not interfere with the other modes.

You can set Laurie's health drain to be faster in the menu, this reduces how long the mode can last. The default setting is a bit slow still and it's easy to "heal" Laurie's health.

And you can do pumpkin modes while doing House still at least, and the MB from house really helps blow up the pumpkin modes while scoring mb jackpots too, and now you got the double scoring potential with the ball lock

#13014 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

my daughters brain surgery is on the 1st. Want her to play it before because don’t know what the recovery is going to be like.

Best of luck with her procedure and speedy recovery. I’m sure that is a worry. Hope it all goes very smoothly.

#13015 1 year ago

You can set Laurie's health drain to be faster in the menu, this reduces how long the mode can last. The default setting is a bit slow still and it's easy to "heal" Laurie's health.
And you can do pumpkin modes while doing House still at least, and the MB from house really helps blow up the pumpkin modes while scoring mb jackpots too, and now you got the double scoring potential with the ball lock

I get the scoring opportunities, it is just confusing when you have to shoot across the balcony for both modes running at once. Which mode am I completing by shooting across the balcony. The only thing on the monitor is house attack. That is my gripe. Hard to know what is going on.

#13016 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I get the scoring opportunities, it is just confusing when you have to shoot across the balcony for both modes running at once. Which mode am I completing by shooting across the balcony. The only thing on the monitor is house attack. That is my gripe. Hard to know what is going on.

That's pretty much a problem cause of them having same goal, especially Bob and Lynda mode. Yea that mode combo of house plus those that use the balcony don't really gel well, but not sure they can do much unless they removed the balcony target from one or the other. Is there another mode besides Bob and Lynda that does this? Death in the Drivers Seat, Laurie fights back I know don't use the balcony at all.

#13017 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

I'm really happy with Spooky's last couple of HW updates. 1.10 seems like a nice improvement. Thanks to all at Spooky!
One general thing I noticed now is that after a ball ends, the alternating lights on the strips (with all else mostly dark I think) while that little 3 note sound , seems to be gone. It's just the white playfield lights just stays on now while that sound plays.
Almost since the beginning back in 1.06 or 1.07, I've had this issue with the end match that hasn't been resolved. At the end of the game, the numbers always match and rarely does the knocker ever go off. I tried adjusting the match boost to different values and back to 0 but see no effect. I originally thought it must be because of early code. Possibly in the beginning, the match on my machine used to behave normally but I think it started to do this once I fooled around with the boost trying to get the knocker to go. Has anyone else seen this issue?
I've been really terrible at playing HW lately so it's been tough to see all the improvements folks are talking about. My diverter still doesn't seem to be adjusted right so I get a lot of rejects from the center ramp. Last week at least I installed the Vimtoman pumpkin scoop mod so thankfully not as many of those are rejected. Also, my airball deflector seems to be cracked so I think I'm getting more airballs now, so time to call support.
DB

Oh crap; is the orange kind of light show at the end of a Ball gone? I hadn't noticed when I had a fee quick games earlier, but that's disappointing if its gone, as worked really well (was almost like a flame effect)

#13018 1 year ago

All I can say is Halloween is bolted to the floor as will Scooby Doo. Hopefully picking up tomorrow. Have to call R&L in the morning. It reached the terminal on Saturday and delivery is set up on the 1st. Rather go get it plus my daughters brain surgery is on the 1st. Want her to play it before because don’t know what the recovery is going to be like.

Best of luck. I hope everything is ok.

#13019 1 year ago

Yea the ball end light show is gone. Bring it back!

Someone had mentioned this happened to the UM preview of the code, did they fix that in UM? Looks like it's missing here in Halloween now. Was a nice end of ball light show, please restore

#13020 1 year ago

Oh crap; is the orange kind of light show at the end of a Ball gone? I hadn't noticed when I had a fee quick games earlier, but that's disappointing if its gone, as worked really well (was almost like a flame effect)

Lol I couldn’t quite put my finger on what was missing on bonus last night.

#13021 1 year ago

Yea the ball end light show is gone. Bring it back!
Someone had mentioned this happened to the UM preview of the code, did they fix that in UM? Looks like it's missing here in Halloween now. Was a nice end of ball light show, please restore

Ah yeah, I remember that post on the UM thread!

It's unfortunate, as I have friends coming over on Saturday and am looking forward to showing off halloween for the first time in all its Glory.

m4tt - any chance of a quick fix for this this week?...

#13022 1 year ago

Just installed the update and its great! Still noticing a small issue in Bob and Linda mode when stacked but this update is awesome! Nice work Matt!

#13023 1 year ago

That's pretty much a problem cause of them having same goal, especially Bob and Lynda mode. Yea that mode combo of house plus those that use the balcony don't really gel well, but not sure they can do much unless they removed the balcony target from one or the other. Is there another mode besides Bob and Lynda that does this? Death in the Drivers Seat, Laurie fights back I know don't use the balcony at all.

I've posted this before but a great feature on Batman66 is the ability to change current running modes with the action button. As there is neither an action button or a plunger button, they would have to use the start button. Seems like pie in the sky stuff but I think that would be a cool option. In this case it wouldn't necessarily pause between switching modes but just switch what is stacked mode is currently displayed (video/audio/playfield).

#13024 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Best of luck with her procedure and speedy recovery. I’m sure that is a worry. Hope it all goes very smoothly.

I really appreciate that, thank you so much. Up to this point she has been healthy with no issues like my other children. She’s only 15 and having constant headaches, nausea, difficulty sleeping, and no appetite.

#13025 1 year ago

I really appreciate that, thank you so much. Up to this point she has been healthy with no issues like my other children. She’s only 15 and having constant headaches, nausea, difficulty sleeping, and no appetite.

Is it Arnold chiary syndrome….?

#13026 1 year ago

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but any chance the Halloween music is louder in this update? Didn’t see it in the release notes but was hoping that was an oversight as it’s criminal that the volume is so low for this amazing mb

#13027 1 year ago

15. Too young for all that. Hope this goes well. Sorry about your other kids too. Now that I’m a parent, I know how helpless it feels to have a sick kid.

#13028 1 year ago

I was able to skip through the scene with tombstone lock without releasing ball which I think I read others having on new code. Also as far as scenes I think I caught Laurie looking out window at Michael maybe by the clothesline? I should pay more attention next time to scenes to pick up what's new because I'm not crushing the game anyway haha. Good update. I agree the tombstone multiball is a nice addition as well.

#13029 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but any chance the Halloween music is louder in this update? Didn’t see it in the release notes but was hoping that was an oversight as it’s criminal that the volume is so low for this amazing mb

Music in general is much louder, and they've tweaked his voice a bit to make it not as "boomy" w normal settings (clearer). Will be messing w amp tonight a bit.

Overall, alot of new clips, etc., Sanitarium cooler, but did get it to crash once (first time ever for me) when I was up there...couldn't replicate, so not certain of bug yet. Def an improvement.....

#13030 1 year ago

Yea the music overall seems louder, I had to play with volume settings cause now the music seemed too loud at current volume settings haha. Fear the Reaper also seems much better balanced audio wise

Quoted from delt31:

Yea? I didn't notice the new clips, anyone know what they are and how you get them? I might have also missed them looking at the playfield

#13031 1 year ago

Yea? I didn't notice the new clips, anyone know what they are and how you get them? I might have also missed them looking at the playfield

Judith Myers shot plays the clip of Michael wearing the mask (from his viewpoint) and stabbing her. I also noticed the clip of Laurie looking out the window.

Maybe it is my imagination but everything seemed in much crisper resolution.

#13032 1 year ago

m4tt , if it's not on the list, the missing light show at ball drain can be added to the to do list?

Quoted from Beechwood:

Judith Myers shot plays the clip of Michael wearing the mask (from his viewpoint) and stabbing her. I also noticed the clip of Laurie looking out the window.
Maybe it is my imagination but everything seemed in much crisper resolution.

Hmm some of the Judith killing from the Tomb Shot was already in the game though back in 1.09, unless they added more.

#13033 1 year ago

Hmm some of the Judith killing from the Tomb Shot was already in the game though back in 1.09, unless they added more.

Odd, I never heard/saw it play before. Maybe because I SUCK lol

#13034 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Odd, I never heard/saw it play before. Maybe because I SUCK lol

I don't know when they were and I think they only appear after hitting the target a certain amount of times? Sometimes you just get the sound byte about the Judith plot from the cemetery scene, but then multiple hits would play clips of Michael's attack on Judith. I'm not sure if they changed it up anymore with this update. I imagine First Kill mode is going to have more of the house stalking scene

#13035 1 year ago

m4tt , if it's not on the list, the missing light show at ball drain can be added to the to do list?

It's on the list.

#13036 1 year ago

Hey all qq for Spooky updates. Can you backup settings and scores before updating? My buddy is not good with this stuff and he is asking me to get him up to the latest but doesn't wanna lose his scores.

#13037 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's on the list.

KA-POW!

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey all qq for Spooky updates. Can you backup settings and scores before updating? My buddy is not good with this stuff and he is asking me to get him up to the latest but doesn't wanna lose his scores.

I haven't lost any scores with the last 2 updates

#13039 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I haven't lost any scores with the last 2 updates

Yup, my high scores stayed through the latest update.

Unfortunately, so did my wife's...

#13040 1 year ago

It would be nice to have the main theme music play at the end of game sequence as well. I thought it use to do that and eventually fade out. Definitely seems like more Judith Myers video has been added on multiple Tombstone shots before mb

#13041 1 year ago

I just played a game and it crashed on me. For whatever reason I was able to get into house when I shouldn’t have. It rolled down to sanatarium playfield and i hit the scoop and it immediately crashed. I was in counting bodies when it occurred.

#13042 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I just played a game and it crashed on me. For whatever reason I was able to get into house when I shouldn’t have. It rolled down to sanatarium playfield and i hit the scoop and it immediately crashed. I was in counting bodies when it occurred.

LOGS!!

#13043 1 year ago
New-6 (resized).jpgNew-6 (resized).jpg
#13044 1 year ago

For logs do I just plug in a empty usb drive after the game with issues?

#13045 1 year ago

Similiar occurance...yes, must grab the logs!!

#13046 1 year ago

I only gave it 3 quick games, but this new update is much improved! I kind of stopped playing on 1.09 because that one was buggy on so many levels, and less enjoyable than 1.08. I was just kind of waiting for 1.10 to show up, and it has delivered. If I run into issues, I'll be sure to make detailed posts, but so far I'm really happy with this.

#13047 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Similiar occurance...yes, must grab the logs!!

Whats the procedure to get the logs? Do I need to use an empty usb stick and just plug it in like I’m loading new code?

#13048 1 year ago

I think I just found the root cause of that one. Going to give it another week to see what else might come up then we'll either get a quick patch or just make sure those bugs are squashed before the next update. We've made some progress on the asset approval side of things, so I'm hopeful we'll be able to add some more content in the next update.

Whats the procedure to get the logs? Do I need to use an empty usb stick and just plug it in like I’m loading new code?

If you see a true crash-crash there is actually a screen that pops up with highly useful information and instructions. For the most part you can just take a picture of that screen and send it to M4tt or myself. If you're trying to pull more traditional logs just toss in a USB stick, without an update file on it. If there are logs to pull the game will automatically put them onto the USB.

#13049 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's on the list.

I had the opportunity to get in 3 quick games this evening before the little one went to bed. Only things I noticed so far was the missing flashing “autumn” colored lights after losing a ball, and I’m STILL getting the video of “Paul stabbed to the wall while Michael looks on” video instead of the nail filing scene. I can hear the audio but no video. I haven’t seen it in months. Will keep looking for other things. Thanks for the hard work and the updates!

#13050 1 year ago

I've tried looking for this in the forum but can't find anything.

My lower hedge is not registering a hedge lock, but the ball goes in the scoop and comes out of the lifter just fine. Has anyone had this problem?

Previously I noticed lower left hedge would randomly activate by not going in the scoop, so maybe it's related. The Michael flips back and forth just fine on the wave and tests, just hedge recognition is not registering that a ball went in. I won't be able to get hedge multiball now.

I'm on the newest code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.