20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 339.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That could very well be the case but imo, it's not that malicious. It's good content for the show and he does like to surface inperfections but with his limited play time and complete lack of understanding of why halloween works as a movie and now a pinball machine, he's off to the races and not turning back.
The mindset you have when playing halloween is not the same as godzilla (another game I own). These are two different pins. Halloween has its own style and tempo and mood and you name it. The game is very unique and is truly a collectors pin - not a tournament player that is all about fast combos and scoring while you rock out to your own music. It's completely the opposite of that so I can understand not only why someone who has no appreciation for the movie doesn't like it and also why the tournament players don't care for it either.

I have not seen the movie yet (I will) and I played it on location with early code. I wasn’t going to play it because wanted to be surprised when my CE #481 arrives for my wife and daughters. I was a little worried because of all the hate.

After I played it I couldn’t wait to get it. I traded up from 780 to 481. In was really unique experience. Definitely felt some tension when playing it. The artwork is stunning and the light show didn’t disappoint at all.

I didn’t care for the cheap knife and the plexiglass protector over the drop targets was flimsy. Otherwise nothing else to complain about. The flippers were strong and the upper playfields added a whole new experience for me.

I thought I would miss the pop bumpers, but glad they didn’t put them in. I did not miss them. Got 6 games in on it and looking forward to many more. Can’t wait.

#3352 2 years ago

Since I didnt see this double code rev talk posted in the HWN thread, posting here-

"1.06 and 1.07 definitely both have major features y'all have been asking for. Some for HWN, some for UM. For UM, I personally think 1.07 will be the more exciting of the two, but I'm sure everybody will have their own opinions. Sorry for the tease :p "

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I really hope the decal issues get fixed. That was my main hesitation on buying a second Spooky game. The trim on my Rick and Morty back box was cut to long and has bubbles. The decal on my right side came with scratches and dirt under the decal. Spooky still hasn’t sent me a replacement decal for the right side.

This is odd. We are pretty good about sending out things like this. Why don't you send me an email with shipping info and I'll make sure it gets to ya!

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

264 in the house!!! Beautiful Game!!!
Only got a few in tonight, but tomorrow is dial in bourbon night....too excited!!
[quoted image]

Congratulations. I’m sure that your wait was well worth it.

#3355 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I thought I would miss the pop bumpers, but glad they didn’t put them in. I did not miss them. Got 6 games in on it and looking forward to many more. Can’t wait.

So funny!
I’ve never thought about pop bumpers while playing our HWN. IMO it absolutely does not miss them. It is such and unusual and elegant design that fits our home collection so very well. We are so glad we joined the Fang Club and was ready to buy on day one. We played ours for hours tonight and had to rip ourselves away. It’s addictive and immersive.
No smoke. It is that good.

#3356 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

So funny!
I’ve never thought about pop bumpers while playing our HWN. IMO it absolutely does not miss them. It is such and unusual and elegant design that fits our home collection so very well. We are so glad we joined the Fang Club and was ready to buy on day one. We played ours for hours tonight and had to rip ourselves away. It’s addictive and immersive.
No smoke. It is that good.

Game of the year for certain and should be pinside top 10.

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is odd. We are pretty good about sending out things like this. Why don't you send me an email with shipping info and I'll make sure it gets to ya!

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have not seen the movie yet (I will) and I played it on location with early code. I wasn’t going to play it because wanted to be surprised when my CE #481 arrives for my wife and daughters. I was a little worried because of all the hate.
After I played it I couldn’t wait to get it. I traded up from 780 to 481. In was really unique experience. Definitely felt some tension when playing it. The artwork is stunning and the light show didn’t disappoint at all.
I didn’t care for the cheap knife and the plexiglass protector over the drop targets was flimsy. Otherwise nothing else to complain about. The flippers were strong and the upper playfields added a whole new experience for me.

I'm in the same boat. Halloween's on the way eventually so I played the same Halloween you're talking about, and I think it's progressing nicely and in a home setting it's going to absolutely shine with the immersion and creepiness.

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm in the same boat. Halloween's on the way eventually so I played the same Halloween you're talking about, and I think it's progressing nicely and in a home setting it's going to absolutely shine with the immersion and creepiness.

I think that a for sure aspect of horror games is that you do need to be in a dark home environment to really take it in to the fullest extent. I mean imagine watching a horror movie in a loud, busy bar environment it certainly wouldn't feel the same as watching at home in your dark basement at midnight! Don't get me wrong I think it offers steller location gameplay as well, I just truly believe you can't have the true in depth feel until your in the right setting!

Can't wait to see it develope as we continue to add new assets, modes, rules, multipliers, and just overall creepy cool features. I think we are going to make alot of people very happy!

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think that a for sure aspect of horror games is that you do need to be in a dark home environment to really take it in to the fullest extent. I mean imagine watching a horror movie in a loud, busy bar environment it certainly wouldn't feel the same as watching at home in your dark basement at midnight! Don't get me wrong I think it offers steller location gameplay as well, I just truly believe you can't have the true in depth feel until your in the right setting!
Can't wait to see it develope as we continue to add new assets, modes, rules, multipliers, and just overall creepy cool features. I think we are going to make alot of people very happy!

Just go find #312, and tell it to get moving! I'm ready for a game that won't be leaving the house.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Love creepy cool new features but refinement & repair what's already there is something I'm very much looking forward to as well... timing out the modes, no overlapping of speech, staging, more variety of callouts, etc.

#3362 2 years ago

I've been breaking in #266, and I've got some quirks i'm going to call them about, but even with those, I absolutely love the game.

This is my first pin, and my wife's favorite movie series, so we're really happy that the layout is fun. I'm a sucker for upper playfields and she really likes easy to understand multiball locks, so it's a great machine for us!

#3363 2 years ago

I’ve installed the IPS monitor and it looks great. The power plug is a little flaky and I have an issue with sound. Has anyone else experienced this? Like the volume seems way down? It’s like I’m getting no sub woofer

#3364 2 years ago

Hi Guys - I have HW CE #812 with PinballStar --- if someone who ordered from PinballStar wants to trade an earlier spot for #812, I would consider. A unique thing about #812 is when you divide 8/12 you get 666.

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’ve installed the IPS monitor and it looks great. The power plug is a little flaky and I have an issue with sound. Has anyone else experienced this? Like the volume seems way down? It’s like I’m getting no sub woofer

The sub is largely controlled by the little amp in the cabinet. Check your levels on that.

310-308_HR_0.default (resized).jpg310-308_HR_0.default (resized).jpg
#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Hi Guys - I have HW CE #812 with PinballStar --- if someone who ordered from PinballStar wants to trade an earlier spot for #812, I would consider. A unique thing about #812 is when you divide 8/12 you get 666.

I would be willing to trade back. I am 382 but I ordered through Spooky.

#3367 2 years ago

It’s definitely related to the new pcb that comes with the IPS monitor. I put the old one back in and sound is back to amazing.

#3368 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I needed a new decal and received it about 2 days after it was requested. Along with some Spooky swag. Customer service is not a problem.

#3369 2 years ago

I did on TNA. You have to turn the volume up on the board that comes with the monitor and adjust the volume controls on the amp.

#3370 2 years ago

A little off topic but in case anyone forgot, joe Bob valentines special is tonight!

4F2ABA69-4909-4A39-8AF6-188D84967A7D (resized).jpeg4F2ABA69-4909-4A39-8AF6-188D84967A7D (resized).jpeg
#3371 2 years ago

I got my new LCD installed. The blacks look so much better. I highly recommend this mod.

2309CBFE-6005-4628-AC89-2AC30F6C24C0 (resized).jpeg2309CBFE-6005-4628-AC89-2AC30F6C24C0 (resized).jpeg
#3372 2 years ago

How much would you say is the total cost of this mod?

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my new LCD installed. The blacks look so much better. I highly recommend this mod.[quoted image]

#3373 2 years ago

When I installed the monitor on ACNC, I had to pump the volume on the actual screen since the sound comes through the HDMI. Not sure if yours is the same.

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my new LCD installed. The blacks look so much better. I highly recommend this mod.[quoted image]

I have it on Rick and Morty and ACNC. Its totally worth the investment. Night and day.

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Completely agree!!! Put 1 in my R&M, and now I'm sold....HWN showed today....just amazing!!!

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from NerdOut:

I would be willing to trade back. I am 382 but I ordered through Spooky.

I wonder if Spooky or PinballStar could help us with doing this or not.

#3378 2 years ago

Quoted from LMTLESS:

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s a do it yourself thing man. It’s just swapping out a screen and making a few settings adjustments. I’m sure you can handle it.

I think you replied to the wrong post...

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Love creepy cool new features but refinement & repair what's already there is something I'm very much looking forward to as well... timing out the modes, no overlapping of speech, staging, more variety of callouts, etc.

Agree for sure! I probably should be doing a better job describing the direction. I get so excited about the new stuff I ramble about that lol. However you will see in the coming update we revisited a large portion of the modes. With every update they always spend atleast half the time refining and improving what is there. I know next update has a big emphasis on revisiting some of the modes. It's a balance and both will certainly get attention. We are still adding sound effects, little bits of movie audio, light shoes, bug fixes, audio and animation adjustments etc to every single mode. I know they also have some major change plans for some as well.

#3381 2 years ago

Indeed I did haha, oops!

Quoted from LMTLESS:

I think you replied to the wrong post...

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Yeah! I would think so. probably start with PinballStar and then communicate Spooky. I can send you a dm with my info.

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Agree for sure! I probably should be doing a better job describing the direction. I get so excited about the new stuff I ramble about that lol. However you will see in the coming update we revisited a large portion of the modes. With every update they always spend atleast half the time refining and improving what is there. I know next update has a big emphasis on revisiting some of the modes. It's a balance and both will certainly get attention. We are still adding sound effects, little bits of movie audio, light shoes, bug fixes, audio and animation adjustments etc to every single mode. I know they also have some major change plans for some as well.

Awesome. I really do enjoy playing this game and can't wait to see how it matures.

#3384 2 years ago

A break for a pour, but WOW, this game is like nothing I've ever played!!! Serious, serious honeymoon phase at the moment....absolutely just pulls you in...with a quite unique, paced way....quite terrifying and fascinating at the same time. I know it's early for me, but really enjoying this ride.

Going w 7.0 currently to get things through the subways (calibrated inclinometer I use at work)...might back down to 6.8 tomorrow. What's the favorite at this point?

Whew, great job Spooky!!! Just an amazing, approachable game....thank you!!!

#3385 2 years ago

Oops, and yes, topper is very cool...much appreciated you INCLUDED it with the game!!!

#3386 2 years ago

My game plays pretty flawlessly at 7.0

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A break for a pour, but WOW, this game is like nothing I've ever played!!! Serious, serious honeymoon phase at the moment....absolutely just pulls you in...with a quite unique, paced way....quite terrifying and fascinating at the same time. I know it's early for me, but really enjoying this ride.
Going w 7.0 currently to get things through the subways (calibrated inclinometer I use at work)...might back down to 6.8 tomorrow. What's the favorite at this point?

Love reviews like this! I ordered Day 1 hoping Spooky would capture the feel of the movie. Sounds like they did an awesome job! Couple more months for mine still.

#3388 2 years ago

I'm at 6.5 FWIW...

Jeff

#3389 2 years ago

Games are tested in the factory at 6.5 degrees, but I recorded a video this morning that provides a tour of the subway system. The one thing I failed to mention in the video is your left to right slope. If your game isn't level that could have a major effect on the gameplay, especially that right subway.

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Games are tested in the factory at 6.5 degrees, but I recorded a video this morning that provides a tour of the subway system. The one thing I failed to mention in the video is your left to right slope. If your game isn't level that could have a major effect on the gameplay, especially that right subway.

Great vid

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

My game plays pretty flawlessly at 7.0

Quoted from jeffro01:

I'm at 6.5 FWIW...
Jeff

Appreciate the input as I'm tinkering with some other aspects today.

Quoted from jk2171:

Love reviews like this! I ordered Day 1 hoping Spooky would capture the feel of the movie. Sounds like they did an awesome job! Couple more months for mine still.

They really did an amazing job with this..easy to see and I've only had it a short time. The ball just comes at you in ways that aren't usual, deceptively fast in some aspects, then a weird calm in others (the word "startling" comes to mind). You absolutely can't take your eyes off the game if you want to get somewhere as it pulls you in. It really ties together great...anxious to give it another round this evening after this round of tinkering is done.

People ask for different, then when it happens, complaining starts. This game is different, but in a great way. Can't imagine someone not liking it, but choice is always good....

Admire the Spooky team, love the game, and suspect whatever negative vibe that might be floating out there will quiet over time. I don't listen to trash, basically despise FOMO early spot flips and pump-to-dump activities, so don't even know where the chatter might be coming from. Just noise to me (and there can be quite a bit at times).

I just really enjoy the hobby, and this game definitely scratches an itch that can't be achieved with any of my others..Spooky, fun adventure!!!!! (IMHO)

#3392 2 years ago

Agreed, and so many ignore that true level, both at the front and back of the game. Makes a big difference.

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like the phrase "Unique, paced way". I played again today(have one on order, so maybe one game a week on location) and thought it was "plodding" but knew that wasn't the right word. Building suspense with pacing.

I'm 920 and loving the progress!

#3394 2 years ago

For those of you considering dropping some coin on the LCD upgrade. Don't do it until you change the factory settings on the one you have. The OEM display was not set at the factory to be looked down on. After all, who looks down on a monitor. It is always straight on. Because of that you need to tweak the settings. Here is what I used:

Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma on

I'm 5' 11" and it looks considerably better with these settings.

#3395 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

For those of you considering dropping some coin on the LCD upgrade. Don't do it until you change the factory settings on the one you have. The OEM display was not set at the factory to be looked down on. After all, who looks down on a monitor. It is always straight on. Because of that you need to tweak the settings. Here is what I used:
Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma on

Settings definitely improved the performance, but for me (just me) the off axis stuff was noticeable enough (I sit and stand depending on how serious I am) that the IPS upgrade made sense. Overall blacks and color saturation are quite improved across the board as well. Maybe not a "must have" but definitely an improvement.....

Sort of like PDI for me I guess...

Landed at 6.7 to lock it down and having a blast....great game!!!

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Settings definitely improved the performance, but for me (just me) the off axis stuff was noticeable enough (I sit and stand depending on how serious I am) that the IPS upgrade made sense. Overall blacks and color saturation are quite improved across the board as well. Maybe not a "must have" but definitely an improvement.....

No worries. I'm sure the upgraded display is better. I was just stating not to throw in towel until you changed the settings on the OEM display. After you adjust the settings you might not feel the need to spend the funds for only a slight improvement.

#3397 2 years ago

I’m at 5.5 to 6 slope.

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just ordered the IPS upgrade. I want to make this excellent game is the best it can be especially with upcoming new code, video and graphics. I want the scare factor very clear!

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma on

I did exactly this and it does make a diff. I ended up buying the IPS upgrade but just haven't had a chance to install it. Going into the install, I'm already feeling like it's not going to be worth it. Rest assured I will mention the same here too. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just ordered the IPS upgrade. I want to make this excellent game is the best it can be especially with upcoming new code, video and graphics. I want the scare factor very clear!

It really is a major improvement....kinda is what it is...you'll love it Doug!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.