IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 339.
#13551 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Coming soon: New ball deflector shields for Halloween and Ultraman. These will be 3/16" thick and will come with new hardware to replace the OEM stuff.[quoted image]

Do you have something or know some way to make it easier to get the two nuts back on under the middle pf? I replaced my deflector once but those two nuts remain off. The plastic is tight though and has managed to hold up for now. Spooky sent me a few replacements. I am interested in yours.

#13552 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Coming soon: New ball deflector shields for Halloween and Ultraman. These will be 3/16" thick and will come with new hardware to replace the OEM stuff.[quoted image]

Count me in when they go for sale!

#13553 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Do you have something or know some way to make it easier to get the two nuts back on under the middle pf? I replaced my deflector once but those two nuts remain off.

The best way I've found is to loosen the screws that hold the upper playfield as well as the middle playfield in place. You'll then be able to lift both the upper and middle playfields a bit, thus allowing you to get your hands in under there to put the nuts on.

#13554 1 year ago

Besides one last switch that's sitting too high at entrance to the house I finally have my Haloween dialed in and playing great! I love it now. So fun. When your pin is playing right it makes all the difference.

#13555 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Besides one last switch that's sitting too high at entrance to the house I finally have my Haloween dialed in and playing great! I love it now. So fun. When your pin is playing right it makes all the difference.

Yeah the ball can get stuck on that switch, it has to be 100% to enjoy for sure. Mine has been ok touch wood.

#13556 1 year ago

Sooooooo………Are we a bit overdue for a code update at this point?

#13557 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Do you have something or know some way to make it easier to get the two nuts back on under the middle pf? I replaced my deflector once but those two nuts remain off. The plastic is tight though and has managed to hold up for now. Spooky sent me a few replacements. I am interested in yours.

I opted to leave the nuts off. Works great deflecting without stressing the narrow plastic connection points. Zero issue since leaving it that way.

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I opted to leave the nuts off. Works great deflecting without stressing the narrow plastic connection points. Zero issue since leaving it that way.

I wish I would've seen this yesterday. Getting those nuts off is such a pita. I loosened the two corner screws to be able to tilt up the middle playfield and then used a rachet wrench to get them off very slowly.

#13559 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Sooooooo………Are we a bit overdue for a code update at this point?

Could the mods please make this the only key post for this thread?

#13560 1 year ago

I must be an idiot but I can’t figure out for the life of me to get the ball up to the living room level. Any help is appreciated.

PV

#13561 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

I must be an idiot but I can’t figure out for the life of me to get the ball up to the living room level. Any help is appreciated.

There's a hidden ramp to the right of the center ramp. This gets you to the middle PF.

The Center ramp x 3 will get you qualified and let you into the upper.

#13562 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

PV

Middle ramp. Directly in front of you

#13563 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

There's a hidden ramp to the right of the center ramp. This gets you to the middle PF.
The Center ramp x 3 will get you qualified and let you into the upper.

Yes!!!!!! Thank you! All of a sudden I got some mode with multiball and some awesome jam playing. Halloween is a killer game.

#13564 1 year ago

Somber day cause I'm trading my HW, want one back once the code is finished but that may be a couple years at this rate. I'm sure a major update will drop Monday right after it's gone

20230401_110637 (resized).jpg20230401_110637 (resized).jpg
#13565 1 year ago

Sad to see it go but I understand. The wait from the release till now is unbelievable.

Quoted from manadams:

Somber day cause I'm trading my HW, want one back once the code is finished but that may be a couple years at this rate. I'm sure a major update will drop Monday right after it's gone [quoted image]

#13566 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Somber day cause I'm trading my HW, want one back once the code is finished but that may be a couple years at this rate. I'm sure a major update will drop Monday right after it's gone [quoted image]

You’re lucky you found someone to take the trade. I can’t find anyone will to take my HW.

#13567 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Trade for what? The only trade I would make is for MBr.

#13568 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

You’re lucky you found someone to take the trade. I can’t find anyone will to take my HW.

I have Whirlwind, Xfiles, and World Cup 94, and Halloween has so far been the favorite, especially with multiplayer. Don’t let it go.

PV

#13569 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Trade for what? The only trade I would make is for MBr.

I got a JP pro back plus cash. New owner was excited, gave them a quick tutorial since not a lot of them out there.

#13570 1 year ago

What will it take code-wise to push Halloween to the next level? What do you guys think it's missing?

I’m still optimistic that the game will improve, so I'm holding on to mine.

0D772445-C466-4114-A82C-BAFC0130A42D.gif0D772445-C466-4114-A82C-BAFC0130A42D.gif
#13571 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I got a JP pro back plus cash. New owner was excited, gave them a quick tutorial since not a lot of them out there.

Great choice as JP pro is Awesome!

Halloween is very nice but JP is Better

#13572 1 year ago

Both so different games both great games if you wanted a fresh pin you did well.I love my jp pro and the T. rex alive mod really help the static head.

#13573 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

What will it take code-wise to push Halloween to the next level? What do you guys think it's missing?
[quoted image]

Unrelated to gameplay I kind of hope the attract mode is improved. Totally understand there may be rights issues for using movie clips on the screen but my personal gripe is the insert lights. Mine light up random colors and blink with no rhyme or reason. I thought there was an issue with mine but the barcade in town has one that does the same thing.

#13574 1 year ago

Just want it not to be so buggy - between the sound and magnet not letting go of ball. Modes behaving odd. Just make what they got actually work.

I do have faith in this new coder - if he has the time to finish it that is

Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

#13575 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

It's the animations, dude. They are awful. Spooky said they hired a new animation firm to take over a while back. I'm waiting on that. And various audio and bug fixes. I need to chop something soon to make space for Lebowski and have decided to chop Alice Cooper, not Halloween.

#13576 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

JP is definitely a fun game. I’ve only played the pro and it was a blast. Does anyone know if Lanez Custom Steel is still in business? I tried to go to the website and it appears to no longer exist or it’s set to private for some other reason. Or does anyone have another source to get a matching shooter rod plate?

#13577 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's the animations, dude. They are awful. Spooky said they hired a new animation firm to take over a while back. I'm waiting on that. And various audio and bug fixes. I need to chop something soon to make space for Lebowski and have decided to chop Alice Cooper, not Halloween.

Not all of them - you can see where there’s progress being made there- house multiball for example. Sanitarium and Mode 1 in the car? Yeah. But you can see where it’s improving

#13578 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not all of them - you can see where there’s progress being made there- house multiball for example. Sanitarium and Mode 1 in the car? Yeah. But you can see where it’s improving

As long as Spooky keeps resources going into code updates.

#13579 1 year ago

Resources is a good way to put it. Give coders time and money and get this thing right. We have made a bet sticking it out it’s been a long time and people are giving up.

Quoted from underlord:

As long as Spooky keeps resources going into code updates.

#13580 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Resources is a good way to put it. Give coders time and money and get this thing right. We have made a bet sticking it out it’s been a long time and people are giving up.

I feel what your saying twofold as I'm also on the ultraman train. I'm on til the last stop hoping for the best.

As for your statement.

I'd like to think of it as we made an investment in spooky. We did our part, now its time for them to deliver the goods.

#13581 1 year ago

We are beyond the $$$ allocated for Halloween/Ultraman. Every day they do or dont work on this is a problem, either way. I felt Halloween was going to put Spooky over the top and its not happened and hope its still got legs. If the framework needed rebuilt to fix bug was tha plan, i thought there would be more incremental updates.

#13582 1 year ago

They aren't done with it yet that's for sure, Matt is still working on it and I think we'll end up with some pretty solid code in our games.

There's definitely still some bugs to iron out - I'm still getting the odd game where the software gets totally confused, and it's always around stacking modes/multiballs, or where the top playfield is utilised - and those bugs are my main concern.

Once those bugs are squashed, the last expert mode is put in and the final wizard mode is implemented - I'd say it's probably enough to be considered complete, and anything else done after that is gravy.

I gotta say it would be amazing to get some additional new animations, call outs or extra mini modes (keep saying it, but it really does need a just a couple of extra things to go for outside of the main modes) - that would be a nice gift to all those who kept faith with their machine.

#13583 1 year ago

Well they need to put in the final wizard mode thats missing still. And we got a new mode being added that wasn't originally in the plan, so that's cool. I think with them adding that stuff, it's mostly a lot of presentation polish. Getting audio levels more in sync with each other, more animations, and perhaps some tweaks to scoring and adding some more shot opportunities, maybe a few more combos?

#13584 1 year ago

I have confidence Spooky will get this pin right. I just wish we got more updates on this machine from Spooky. No regrets buying this machine and waiting for the finished product.

#13585 1 year ago

I'm hoping somebody can help me. 

As stated earlier in the thread a couple weeks ago, my Halloween that I bought last May hasn't worked for over 5 months. It crashes constantly, every game. Spooky has replaced the computer, which didn't help, and just sent me a power supply, which didn't help. I also disconnected the nano board as suggested by lpeters82 in this thread, but that just made it take a few games to crash, rather than crashing the first game. 

Tonight the game crashed and the right flipper continued to work, as usual, but the left flipper on the upper and lower playfield stuck open, then I smelt something burning. I turned off the game, and the coils were very hot for those 2 flippers. I then restarted the game, and the bottom left is stuck closed, and the top flipper is stuck open. Then smoke started coming up through the upper playfield, and the coils are so hot on those flippers that I can't touch them. The flippers are stuck in those positions, and I can't manually move them with the game off.

The whole basement stinks, and my wife is afraid that the house is going to burn down. 

I spent $10,000 on this game, (butter cabinet), $11,700 after tax and delivery, and I'm ready to sell it for scrap. I played it for 5 months, all the while waiting for code updates, and now for over 5 months I can't play it at all.

Spooky doesn't seem to know what's going on, so maybe somebody here does. 

Thanks

#13586 1 year ago

I assume your board under the playfield is now fried also. This one seems like a lemon, would spooky replace a game with this many issues?

#13587 1 year ago

As much as it would cost, Spooky needs to bite the bullet on this one and send a tech out to this guys house and properly diagnose this machine so that it can be repaired.

#13588 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I'm hoping somebody can help me. 
As stated earlier in the thread a couple weeks ago, my Halloween that I bought last May hasn't worked for over 5 months. It crashes constantly, every game. Spooky has replaced the computer, which didn't help, and just sent me a power supply, which didn't help. I also disconnected the nano board as suggested by lpeters82 in this thread, but that just made it take a few games to crash, rather than crashing the first game. 
Tonight the game crashed and the right flipper continued to work, as usual, but the left flipper on the upper and lower playfield stuck open, then I smelt something burning. I turned off the game, and the coils were very hot for those 2 flippers. I then restarted the game, and the bottom left is stuck closed, and the top flipper is stuck open. Then smoke started coming up through the upper playfield, and the coils are so hot on those flippers that I can't touch them. The flippers are stuck in those positions, and I can't manually move them with the game off.
The whole basement stinks, and my wife is afraid that the house is going to burn down. 
I spent $10,000 on this game, (butter cabinet), $11,700 after tax and delivery, and I'm ready to sell it for scrap. I played it for 5 months, all the while waiting for code updates, and now for over 5 months I can't play it at all.
Spooky doesn't seem to know what's going on, so maybe somebody here does. 
Thanks

Oh wow yeah that's crazy... 5 months not working at all, that's unacceptable I'm afraid. Still under warranty too - if I was in the same situation I'd be asking for a tech and/or a replacement after a month or two. The support and service are great, but there has to be an eventual limit on what you can do as a customer.

#13589 1 year ago

My warranty expires next month. I feel that Spooky has moved on to Scooby Doo, and will probably just run out the clock, and I'll be stuck junking the machine.

I'm not sure if I even have any legal recourse with Spooky since I'm Canadian.

Everything else that I buy, that is covered under warranty, is repaired or replaced in a timely manner. But apparently this is just "part of the hobby", and maybe even part of the charm of owning a Spooky. I don't know, but I'm done with it.

#13590 1 year ago

Anyone put pinstadiums on Halloween? I added them to Scooby. And I love them.

683DF988-93F6-4231-A238-0012A91AEE9F (resized).jpeg683DF988-93F6-4231-A238-0012A91AEE9F (resized).jpeg20BA8D89-88A1-4551-8B22-1428E87E1BD5 (resized).jpeg20BA8D89-88A1-4551-8B22-1428E87E1BD5 (resized).jpeg
#13591 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

My warranty expires next month. I feel that Spooky has moved on to Scooby Doo, and will probably just run out the clock, and I'll be stuck junking the machine.
Everything else that I buy, that is covered under warranty, is repaired or replaced in a timely manner. But apparently this is just "part of the hobby", and maybe even part of the charm of owning a Spooky. I don't know, but I'm done with it.

Spooky seems pretty good about customer service, but this is beyond that! I would literally have it freighted to they’re shop so they can have it hands on and get it right. No joke. If it was my company, I would reimburse the freight while I worked on it to get it sent back in working condition

#13592 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I just really hope they help you out here. Experience suggests they will - they tend not to leave their customers hanging, and I think you've certainly gone way beyond simple/small fixes that are deemed to be "part of the hobby". But yeah even after 1 or 2 months I'd be exhausted with trying to fix it, so after 5 I'd definitely be looking to get it sent back to them for repair or a refund (which in my case would be really tricky being overseas and there's no distributor here).

#13593 1 year ago

Man I feel for you and being in Canada just complicates everything,come on spooky help correct this!

#13594 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I just really hope they help you out here. Experience suggests they will - they tend not to leave their customers hanging, and I think you've certainly gone way beyond simple/small fixes that are deemed to be "part of the hobby". But yeah even after 1 or 2 months I'd be exhausted with trying to fix it, so after 5 I'd definitely be looking to get it sent back to them for repair or a refund (which in my case would be really tricky being overseas and there's no distributor here).

Feel for you; just not acceptable to leave you hanging like that and can imagine it putting people off buying future Spooky games.

I'm in the U.K and my distributer here has been waiting over 2 months now for Spooky to send out a replacement pc to me.
Thankfully I haven't had the issue occur again over the past few weeks (Bios at boot up requiring code rebuilt/restore) so have been able to play with no issues, but it does annoy me.

#13595 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I had Pinstadiums as they came in a LOTR LE I used to own, I liked the uv flasher effect but what a pita to move them out of the way to lift the playfield.

I fitted lighting in my room for no glare and even light, works great for me and cheap. Cool to warm white and dimmable.
Great especially with older dim games.
Pics warm white and high/low.

4EC824D8-7F13-4CBC-8D51-5CDF49FD359D (resized).jpeg4EC824D8-7F13-4CBC-8D51-5CDF49FD359D (resized).jpeg9F137CAC-F5B4-497E-91DF-9620233EBFAA (resized).jpeg9F137CAC-F5B4-497E-91DF-9620233EBFAA (resized).jpeg
#13596 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Feel for you; just not acceptable to leave you hanging like that and can imagine it putting people off buying future Spooky games.
I'm in the U.K and my distributer here has been waiting over 2 months now for Spooky to send out a replacement pc to me.
Thankfully I haven't had the issue occur again over the past few weeks (Bios at boot up requiring code rebuilt/restore) so have been able to play with no issues, but it does annoy me.

I didn’t involve Phil, I dealt with them direct and got mine pretty quick compared.
I have had decals, habitat rail and a pc so far direct. Just need a Pinotaur board now lol (Would really like a spare driver board)

#13597 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I didn’t involve Phil, I dealt with them direct and got mine pretty quick compared.
I have had decals, habitat rail and a pc so far direct. Just need a Pinotaur board now lol (Would really like a spare driver board)

Did you have to pay I port duty when Spooky sent you stuff direct?
I did mention to them the other day that Phil has been waiting ages for a new pc to pass on to me, so let's see what happens there.

Re; other things, I'm guessing they won't just spend spare parts to me just if I ask? (Have not had any other issues other than the Bios thing)

Between the waiting for code and replacement pc I have mixed emotions about the game. Really like it and would like to keep it atleast until final(ish) code updates, but my head does get turned by other pins here and there and pote tially needing a new pc might limit the appeal if I wanted to sell/trade.

#13598 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image][quoted image]

With those led strips on the upper playfield edges Halloween doesn't need it.

I do however have on ACNC and Alien. Those two definitely needed it.

#13599 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Did you have to pay I port duty when Spooky sent you stuff direct?
I did mention to them the other day that Phil has been waiting ages for a new pc to pass on to me, so let's see what happens there.
Re; other things, I'm guessing they won't just spend spare parts to me just if I ask? (Have not had any other issues other than the Bios thing)
Between the waiting for code and replacement pc I have mixed emotions about the game. Really like it and would like to keep it atleast until final(ish) code updates, but my head does get turned by other pins here and there and pote tially needing a new pc might limit the appeal if I wanted to sell/trade.

They sent me spares on two separate occasions, both reported to Phil as well but I dealt with Spooky directly.
I refused the first delivery because of charges but got re delivered free, second one they sent as gift so no issues.
Sent on a UPS express service so only took a few days once it was sent, if you get no joy you have to keep prodding them.

If it’s your only pin then I can see the frustration for sure, I fire it up for sometimes for shooting practice!
I have plenty of others to play so I’m ok waiting for the game to get finished but it is long overdue, Spooky need to keep the cogs turning to pay the bills but please get this finished and make us all very happy to have spent so much money.

I read somewhere they will definitely be getting this game (+Ultraman) finished properly and not just left, I really hope so and soon.

#13600 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We are beyond the $$$ allocated for Halloween/Ultraman. Every day they do or dont work on this is a problem, either way. I felt Halloween was going to put Spooky over the top and its not happened and hope its still got legs. If the framework needed rebuilt to fix bug was tha plan, i thought there would be more incremental updates.

They are working on it, Matt was recently talking about the work on the next update in Ultraman thread. They still have to work on two code updates at a time here so that also is gonna take extra work for this as they still are similar but have to be done separate still if they want the code in parity with each other release/feature wise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.