8F4861E9-F349-4E2A-88DD-C28DC6BF141E (resized).jpeg
52C60308-81F8-45F6-BDF5-C859F3AED3BA (resized).jpeg
IMG_3611 (resized).JPG
D00A3F69-9E9F-4199-8739-079AFCBC6702 (resized).jpeg
52701349-F32E-4ED9-AC1F-33A868CDA6A2 (resized).png
2A3F760A-7192-4AD4-BE8D-3F7B56DF4D11 (resized).jpeg
2FBE80F4-B2B2-4464-8598-74CA273DE537 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 228.
#11251 9 days ago

Yeah c'mon Spooky I want to review the game - but cant do it until it's on this next code drop!

#11252 9 days ago

I want to kill more than turkey this Thanksgiving..... I want to kill some new code

#11253 8 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah c'mon Spooky I want to review the game - but cant do it until it's on this next code drop!

It's a year old pin that's on V1.00+. Review it! If it's not reviewable by now, that's noteworthy.

#11254 8 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's a year old pin that's on V1.00+. Review it! If it's not reviewable by now, that's noteworthy.

The game isn’t 100%, and there’s definitely some bugs that can require an occasional hard reset, but it’s still a fully playable codebase. I wish we knew what was going on. But it’s still definitely in a reasonable state to review

#11255 8 days ago

Do we say a game is "done" when they claim 1.0+ in code, or till all noted features are in? Game is still missing the final wizard mode that is on the playfield

#11256 8 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Do we say a game is "done" when they claim 1.0+ in code, or till all noted features are in? Game is still missing the final wizard mode that is on the playfield

Wonder if it will get the final wizard mode before POTC? LOL I KEED, i keed…

#11257 8 days ago

Is there a way to find out which code you're currently running? I recently received mine and not sure if I need to update it?

#11258 8 days ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Is there a way to find out which code you're currently running? I recently received mine and not sure if I need to update it?

It should be displayed when you enter the service menu.

#11259 8 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It should be displayed when you enter the service menu.

Thank you for the quick reply. How I missed that is beyond me lol

#11260 8 days ago

Obviously no-one knows for sure, but the next code drop is rumoured to have new animations, more features and some cleanup of the videos etc. Since it is supposedly coming soon I'd rather wait to give it a review as I think this next update will give it a lot more polish. Such a shame they couldn't get it out in time for Halloween, that would have been perfect. At this rate, before Christmas would be awesome, but I guess we are all happy to wait if it means less bugs.

#11261 8 days ago

What triggers the “woooosh” sound? I’m multiball the sound is now being triggered over and over. I don’t believe it’s the inlane lifter warning sound either.

#11262 7 days ago

My flipper button just popped off while I was playing. I used Gorilla wood glue because that is all I had. Do you think it will hold? And what I want to know is what kind of glue should I use if it pops back off?

#11263 7 days ago

There is nothing glued on a flipper button, there is a c-clip and a nut. Check the cabinet for the loose part or you can order a replacement.

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

My flipper button just popped off while I was playing. I used Gorilla wood glue because that is all I had. Do you think it will hold? And what I want to know is what kind of glue should I use if it pops back off?

#11264 7 days ago

I hope you didn't glue your flippet button to the cabinet lol

#11265 7 days ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I hope you didn't glue your flippet button to the cabinet lol

I have no idea. It fit in snug. So I put a little wood glue around the edge. That's why I used wood glue and not super glue. I can get it back out. Should I do that? It works just like new, but maybe it's wrong.

#11266 7 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I have no idea. It fit in snug. So I put a little wood glue around the edge. That's why I used wood glue and not super glue. I can get it back out. Should I do that? It works just like new, but maybe it's wrong.

There is a nut that is used to secure the flipper button to the cabinet from the inside. Make sure it’s there and tighten it.

AD1CF90F-A05F-4928-8E38-004FB88D19E4 (resized).jpeg
#11267 6 days ago

Been playing this A LOT over the last couple of weeks. It's such a great game - as a fan of the movie, I'd say they've absolutely nailed it. The music, callouts, clips, the shots - they hit all the right notes, and seriously thank god it's been built and designed a little more uniquely and not conforming to "the standard" because it just fits the theme so well. Holy hell those orbits shots are difficult though ha ha.

No-one, and I mean no-one else designs modes like Spooky. They are always so completely and utterly different, actually really intuitive, and utilise ALL of the playfield, and this game is no different.

Just to comment on the code - I've mentioned it above and so has everyone else, and I know it's becoming (really) old news... but as much as I'm loving it, it does still feel a little unfinished code-wise, so hopefully the update is coming soon. It just needs a touch more here and there to make it feel complete. I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see, but seriously, those last bits of polish on this beauty and for me it's gonna be a classic.

#11268 6 days ago

Dumb question, is there a way to lower the power for the flippers. I went in the menu and did not see the option, I got a lot of airballs and wanted to tone it down a little.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

#11269 6 days ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Dumb question, is there a way to lower the power for the flippers. I went in the menu and did not see the option, I got a lot of airballs and wanted to tone it down a little.
Thanks a lot,
Chris

At the moment, you cannot change the coil power in the menu; hoping this feature is added to future code.

Try moving the flipper rubber up just a little higher on the flipper bats and see if that makes a difference.

RM

#11270 5 days ago

Did people know there is a face in our topper?

hall (resized).jpg
#11273 5 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There is a nut that is used to secure the flipper button to the cabinet from the inside. Make sure it’s there and tighten it.
[quoted image]

Thank you. I will do that. I have no idea what I'm doing so I appreciate it.

#11275 4 days ago

Did I see somewhere there was some kind of score multiplier in place for the modes? Like you get extra 10%, 15% etc on the next mode once you've completed some?

#11276 4 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Did I see somewhere there was some kind of score multiplier in place for the modes? Like you get extra 10%, 15% etc on the next mode once you've completed some?

I know somebody said their was a playfield multiplier somehow, but I didn’t catch how to activate it

#11277 4 days ago

You buy the playfield multiplier in the shop.

#11278 4 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

There is a mode beating multiplier on ACNC - I dont believe that’s on HW or UM.

As per above - there is a whole playfield multiplier you can buy in the store.

rd

#11279 4 days ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Thanks a lot,
Chris

I don't know if turning down power would be ideal with how difficult that center ramp can be to get up, it feels like we need the power to get the ball up there consistently

#11280 4 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Did people know there is a face in our topper?[quoted image]

Looks like a Madball

#11281 4 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

According to the rulesheet, there is score multipliers for completing pumpkin modes, but theres things on the flowchart that don't seem to work or the game doesn't really let us know if they are working as intended right now: https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

Like the double scoring when you release the locked Judith ball, can't tell if that works

#11282 4 days ago

UPDATE: although the black tab was already painted (to my surprise) it seemed to be very thin almost like a black sharpie was used. I repainted it with some testers black model paint and everything seems to be good now.

I replaced all the springs with the "goldilocks" spring listed... I was having the upper drop-reject issue (it never would go down)

everything finally seemed to be working great for 2 games (I've had maybe 20 games without issues since owning the machine )

But now when the upper playfield gets activated, the drop target clicks loudly (maybe 8 times?) And then the upper playfield goes dark and is disabled instantly....leaving the flipper dead and unable to complete the upper tasks. ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ I'm not sure what's going on.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is my writeup on drop target springs...
10-364 - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the LIGHT spring. It's what we used in the original builds. It's the weakest spring and worked consistently in early games, but users started reporting issues with drop targets being rejected.
265-5003-00 - https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the MEDIUM spring. It's what we're using in current builds. I feel this is the goldilocks spring. There might still be a limited number of rejects, but we haven't seen any drop target reset issues.
10-433 - https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-reset-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the HEAVY spring. A number of individuals on Pinside have switched to this machine with success. It will likely have the fewest number of rejects, but during our testing we experienced some drop target reset issues. If unchecked these issues could cause issues for the reset coil. I'm not saying don't use it, but I would advise the individual to keep a close eye on the behavior.

#11283 4 days ago

According to the rulesheet, there is score multipliers for completing pumpkin modes, but theres things on the flowchart that don't seem to work or the game doesn't really let us know if they are working as intended right now: https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif
Like the double scoring when you release the locked Judith ball, can't tell if that works

There’s supposed to be double scoring when you release the Judith ball? I’m going to need to test that, I don’t think that works - although I believe that’s the one I was thinking of - someone mentioned it a few pages back.

#11284 4 days ago

Ah yes it was on the flowchart! 20% scoring and 2x jackpots on main modes if you have completed both easy pumpkin modes, and increased if you beat instead beat medium/expert modes.

So good scoring strategy is to beat pumpkin modes before starting main modes? Anyone know for sure if this is currently implemented?

#11285 4 days ago

When I got mine I noticed the left lifter flap was raised slightly, sometimes flat and sometimes raised.
Just went to play and noticed the flap is raised quite a bit, no way to adjust anything to rectify. Looks like when the ball drops from the ramp it has been causing the flap to bend. Anyone else had this issue?

4100C004-2445-4AFB-87A4-49468F4DB475 (resized).jpeg6B502F6C-6BBA-4195-B50B-51578AF4F735 (resized).jpeg8DDD993E-3362-4FDB-A606-EB9A367BFB90 (resized).jpeg

#11286 4 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

When I got mine I noticed the left lifter flap was raised slightly, sometimes flat and sometimes raised.
Just went to play and noticed the flap is raised quite a bit, no way to adjust anything to rectify. Looks like when the ball drops from the ramp it has been causing the flap to bend. Anyone else had this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the posts where the flap is connected too and it should fall flat. Keep it pressed down gently with your finger and tighten the post nuts again while it is flat. That has fixed it for many folks.

#11287 4 days ago

Loosen the posts where the flap is connected too and it should fall flat. Keep it pressed down gently with your finger and tighten the post nuts again while it is flat. That has fixed it for many folks.

I did that before and it did lay flat but soon went back up again, it looks bent though this time to me and raised much higher.
I will give that a go though, thanks.
Just wondering if a ball was coming up and out as some balls were in the area causing it to bend.

#11288 4 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it's not always raised like that, I don't know. If it IS, then I'd guess the flap is bent. I've sometimes thought this might happen if you shut the machine off mid-elevate. I imagine taking that flap off and bending it back would fix it. I don't -think- the ball dropping would bend it like that.

#11289 4 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If it's not always raised like that, I don't know. If it IS, then I'd guess the flap is bent. I've sometimes thought this might happen if you shut the machine off mid-elevate. I imagine taking that flap off and bending it back would fix it. I don't -think- the ball dropping would bend it like that.

The other side is perfectly flat, it’s definitely being effected by balls dropping on it as you can see the crater they are making.
Maybe they fitted one that had slight bend in it which has worsened, who knows.
Pushing down on it will not keep it down, goes straight back up.

#11290 4 days ago

Take it off entirely, turn it over and reattach. Don’t tighten it down super hard.

Quoted from Lostcause:

I did that before and it did lay flat but soon went back up again, it looks bent though this time to me and raised much higher.
Just wondering if a ball was coming up and out as some balls were in the area causing it to bend.

#11291 4 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Take it off entirely, turn it over and reattach. Don’t tighten it down super hard.

Didn't look symmetrical when I looked, but it will flip to fit the other side and vice versa. Will look again.
I loosened the left post last time which temporarily worked, how does the other post loosen off? Not looked yet.

#11292 4 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I took mine off and sanded the edges. They both had a burr around the edge from cutting. While they were off the machine I bent them in the opposite directions. I’ve had about 300!plays on them since with no issues.

#11293 4 days ago

Suddenly the game always started with 2 balls.
No more will be added during the game.
Which switch test should I check best?

#11294 4 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I took mine off and sanded the edges. They both had a burr around the edge from cutting. While they were off the machine I bent them in the opposite directions. I’ve had about 300!plays on them since with no issues.

Sounds like a plan, thanks. Will give that a go in the morning.
I already had to bend the hell out of the habitat rail as that didn’t fit, so why not this lol

#11295 4 days ago

When I power up the machine the right flipper flips once during initial boot up...game goes into attract mode like should but when a game is started the right flipper engages like I'm holding the flipper button. There are no stuck switches when in menu...when I go to test coils the right flipper engages immediately. I've looked through the forum for anything similar but no luck. Any suggestions or anyone have the similar issue and a fix. It's Sunday so can't get ahold of spooky till tomorrow. Thanks for any knowledge someone may have on this one

#11296 4 days ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Suddenly the game always started with 2 balls.
No more will be added during the game.
Which switch test should I check best?

I’ve had this same issue and it only seems to happen on the first ball after it’s turned on.
Interested to see if anyone else had experienced this.

#11297 4 days ago
Quoted from diamondfate9:

When I power up the machine the right flipper flips once during initial boot up...game goes into attract mode like should but when a game is started the right flipper engages like I'm holding the flipper button.

I think that sounds like one of your leaf springs (either the one under the button, or maybe the EOS) has too small of a gap or no gap at all, that would make the flipper active. Fortunately that's something you can easily check visually.

#11298 4 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I think that sounds like one of your leaf springs (either the one under the button, or maybe the EOS) has too small of a gap or no gap at all, that would make the flipper active. Fortunately that's something you can easily check visually.

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary...I had the glass off before it happened and was checking the hedge multiball switches and jackpots... everything was fine at that point... powered it up again a little later and noticed this issue

#11299 4 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I’ve had this same issue and it only seems to happen on the first ball after it’s turned on.
Interested to see if anyone else had experienced this.

It's with me with every ball that is thrown.
Always 2 pieces.
If then an extra ball comes, then only one comes.

#11300 4 days ago

Quick question. My lower playfield lights are not lighting up. For example the blood splatters, hedge multiball jackpots, and pretty much everything going up the middle on the main playfield. The LED strips are all lit up and the upper playfield lights on sanitarium and the house area are fine and work with the corresponding modes. In light test everything functions as well except for the areas noted above and the pumpkin/scoop flasher seems to be the only flasher not responding. Anyone have any ideas where to look for an issue?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cottrellville, MI
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenfield, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 228.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!