Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 340.
#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I had this same question when they replaced my rails & lockdown bar. Because AJ said they corrected the issue... but if you notice they feel kind of gritty now.
Bottom line is I talked to a few folks who had the new ones and the issue was still happening just not AS bad.
Do yourself a favor, clear coat them with the SprayMax 2K. It's soooo easy and looks amazing. It'll protect them for the life of the game.

I have a 920 and the powdercoat was turning dark. Of course that hardware could have been completed before the new process.

#12302 1 year ago

I purchased the scoop mod from vimtoman. It’s really helping with rejects from the right scoop! I can consistently backhand and forehand the right scoop now with way less rejects.

#12303 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I purchased the scoop mod from vimtoman. It’s really helping with rejects from the right scoop! I can consistently backhand and forehand the right scoop now with way less rejects.

I hope the SDTM guy got one lol

Fits like a glove and goes down like Linda Lovelace

#12304 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Has anyone had CE powder coat issues AFTER Spooky became aware of and addressed the problem by changing their supplier’s process? I received some new rails from Spooky a couple of weeks ago and don’t want the same issue to occur again…but I’m reluctant to add additional clear coat if it is unnecessary (1. I like the finish that spooky put on them, and 2. I don’t want to add a clear coat that somehow compromises their finish).

I've had my new ones on for about 400 games and no issues. They do feel "gritty" but I kind of like it, similar to the way my Deadpool feels

#12305 1 year ago

I have the replacement armor as well and it’s appears to be a slightly different finish, more beige/brown than black in comparison to the original. Probably not really noticeable when on, but I have not put them on as of yet.

Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

I've had my new ones on for about 400 games and no issues. They do feel "gritty" but I kind of like it, similar to the way my Deadpool feels

#12306 1 year ago

Sorry to be “that guy”, but I get my NIB CE buttercab this week and was checking out this thread. I went through the key topics, have inquired about the house/vine/scoop mod. Anything else pressing I need to know? Thanks for any suggestions you may have!!

Kyle

#12307 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry to be “that guy”, but I get my NIB CE buttercab this week and was checking out this thread. I went through the key topics, have inquired about the house/vine/scoop mod. Anything else pressing I need to know? Thanks for any suggestions you may have!!
Kyle

If you get the house vine mod my daughter paints them. Great feedback from fellow Halloween owners. Pics in thread and feed back. All three of those are great mods and I have them.

#12308 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Kyle

If you end up ordering any of those from Vimtoman, get his scoop cover/deflector. A lot of games (not all) have problems with scoop rejects. That is a good fix.

You may also have to dial in the position of the diverter at the top of the center ramp.

RM

#12309 1 year ago

Finally got around to install my scoop mod from @vimtoman. I purchased two colors and decided to go with the black one. This scoop mod really has helped with the ball rejects I was having from the pumpkin scoop.

20230107_125523 (resized).jpg20230107_125523 (resized).jpg
#12310 1 year ago

Haven’t played Halloween in awhile

Needed some help with it,which I got from spooky,but that was a drag the game was down a couple weeks so I never really went back to it till today
New code has this bug that awards me the skillshot for doing nothing

With all that being said the game is addicting, the multiballs are super fun
Upper playfields are easy to start multiballs on once you dial a couple shots in

Halloween is a dope ass game

#12311 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Need some help with it,which I got from spooky,but that was a drag the game was down a couple weeks so I never really went back to it till today
Upper playfields are easy to start multiballs on once you dial a couple shots in

You comment is slightly confusing. Did Spooky resolve your issue or do you have an ongoing problem? I am not aware of the Skill shot being awarded in error from the new code. If that is still happening, I think you might have an issue other than code.

#12312 1 year ago

I just very happy with my Halloween,it was a very hard decision between some fine games and I did not hear a lot of good things about Halloween but took a gamble having never played it but having a blast with it,so unique.

#12313 1 year ago

Need some help with it,which I got from spooky,but that was a drag the game was down a couple weeks so I never really went back to it till today

If you're getting a skillshot award, you may have an issue with the drop target opto(s). Try starting a game and moving the skillshot around to another target other than the middle one (using the flippers but without launching a ball). See if you still get the award

#12314 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You comment is slightly confusing. Did Spooky resolve your issue or do you have an ongoing problem? I am not aware of the Skill shot being awarded in error from the new code. If that is still happening, I think you might have an issue other than code.

Issue is resolved . Just was reminded how much I like the game

I’ll check my optos on the drops sometimes it rewards me a skill shot without plunging once in awhile

#12315 1 year ago

Have any CE owners converted back to the standard shooter rod like I did? The knife blade one isn't balanced and slightly shorter that the standard rod. I find the standard one much easier it use. The knife is cool but not very user friendly.

#12316 1 year ago

Have any CE owners converted back to the standard shooter rod like I did? The knife blade one isn't balanced and slightly shorter that the standard rod. I find the standard one much easier it use. The knife is cool but not very user friendly.

I have noticed from day one that the knife shooter "binds up" a little as you shoot it. Doesn't seem to hit the ball very hard unless you get it just right.

#12317 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have noticed from day one that the knife shooter "binds up" a little as you shoot it. Doesn't seem to hit the ball very hard unless you get it just right.

If you spin it 180 degrees and pull it back using your thumb on top of the knife handle groove it’s alot better.

#12318 1 year ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12319 1 year ago

I’ll take it. 30 million on the first ball and I actually didn’t piss it down my leg.

A81F69DA-5789-4D7B-8DFB-A3E1DD53C275 (resized).jpegA81F69DA-5789-4D7B-8DFB-A3E1DD53C275 (resized).jpeg
#12320 1 year ago

If you spin it 180 degrees and pull it back using your thumb on top of the knife handle groove it’s alot better.

Tried it, didnt help unfortunately

#12321 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Tried it, didnt help unfortunately

Yeah, I don't think the knife one is ever going back in my game.

Pros:

It is cool

Cons:

Not balanced

Shorter than the standard rod

It is hollow

Rough finish

#12322 1 year ago

You’re not wrong but it’s so cool. I’m torn!

Pros:
It is cool
Cons:
Not balanced
It is hollow
Rough finish

#12323 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Finally got around to install my scoop mod from Vimtoman. I purchased two colors and decided to go with the black one. This scoop mod really has helped with the ball rejects I was having from the pumpkin scoop.
[quoted image]

Still waiting for my orange scoop too. I did the same as you bought all orange rubbers from Titan pinball. Waiting for the scoop to come in and then I'll do everything at once.

#12324 1 year ago

Both my ultraman and halloween have gotten to the point where they will barely shoot the ball around the orbit. Worked fine out of the box initially. Haven't sorted it out yet, hopefully mess with it this week, drives me crazy.

#12325 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Both my ultraman and halloween have gotten to the point where they will barely shoot the ball around the orbit. Worked fine out of the box initially. Haven't sorted it out yet, hopefully mess with it this week, drives me crazy.

That’s a new one. BOTH games?!

#12326 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Still waiting for my orange scoop too. I did the same as you bought all orange rubbers from Titan pinball. Waiting for the scoop to come in and then I'll do everything at once.

I had removed my orange post sleeves and the clear post behind the scoop. I had to push down on the scoop mod so I could reinstall the screws for the post. I will say this scoop mod helped me achieve a new high score.

#12327 1 year ago

Pros:
It is cool
Cons:
Not balanced
It is hollow
Rough finish

I took care of the rough finish with whatever sand paper I had, then stained it. Feels great now and since im sorta new to pinball overall, i cant compare to a multiple, regular shooter But its feels great in the hand now.

#12328 1 year ago

Yep I sanded the knife down too - just around the edges as I just found it felt way too harsh and it was being almost ultra-realistic and cutting my hands. Feels much better now.

I'm still having a problem with my auto plunge though, which 90% of the time doesn't make it out of the shooter lane. Thought I had fixed it but nope it's still there.

#12329 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm still having a problem with my auto plunge though, which 90% of the time doesn't make it out of the shooter lane.

Hold your phone over the shooter lane while you plunge and film it in slo mo.

You’ll soon see the problem.

- the forks are misaligned (bend em back with pliers)

- the ball is being launched slightly sideways - bend prongs with pliers to get it to launch straight

- the ball is rattling up the shooter lane and loosing velocity. Probably the forks again, but could be the shooter lane timber needs adjusting.

Slo mo will reveal all. If you need help post the video link up here and we will take a look.

rd

#12330 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hold your phone over the shooter lane while you plunge and film it in slo mo.
You’ll soon see the problem.
- the forks are misaligned (bend em back with pliers)
- the ball is being launched slightly sideways - bend prongs with pliers to get it to launch straight
- the ball is rattling up the shooter lane and loosing velocity. Probably the forks again, but could be the shooter lane timber needs adjusting.
Slo mo will reveal all. If you need help post the video link up here and we will take a look.
rd

Yeah I'll try that - it definitely looks like the ball is being launched sideways and losing all the momentum. I'm on hols now but will take a closer look when I get back. Thanks for the suggestions!

#12331 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Remove your glass and push your playfield left a little. Mine seems happier hugging the left side.

#12332 1 year ago

Remove your glass and push your playfield left a little. Mine seems happier hugging the left side.

I had a similar issue with my Ultraman. I also found moving the playfield all the way to the left corrected the issue.

#12333 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I had a similar issue with my Ultraman. I also found moving the playfield all the way to the left corrected the issue

This is the fix, make sure whenever you lift the PF you snug it to the left. There's like 2mm of "slop" that makes a huge difference for the auto plunge.

#12334 1 year ago

Got my orange scoop today and it’s great!

#12335 1 year ago

Needed some help with it,which I got from spooky,but that was a drag the game was down a couple weeks so I never really went back to it till today

Dang that house mod really does make the whole thing come together.

#12336 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Dang that house mod really does make the whole thing come together

It looks SO good. I've been wracking my brain to come up with something like that for Ultraman.

#12337 1 year ago

Dang that house mod really does make the whole thing come together.

It really does fit with the scale of the game size wise and in the perfect spot. Its really a no brainer. I modified mine and removed the window vanes to see more of the video , updated the house with a huge dual pane one sheeter haha

In the game, you cannot see the the small base area were I cut out the panes. If only I had a fine hand and a dremel tool!
20230109_213850 (resized).jpg20230109_213850 (resized).jpg20230109_213932 (resized).jpg20230109_213932 (resized).jpg20230109_213936 (resized).jpg20230109_213936 (resized).jpg20230109_213941 (resized).jpg20230109_213941 (resized).jpg

#12338 1 year ago

On my machine when trying to do the figure 8 shot in the house quite a high percentage would go back up the house entrance and back down the right ramp then sdtm, also didn’t like the how the ball could hit the edge of the metal rail. Looked at some pics and couldn’t see any like mine.

Now sits the other side of the post, still think it needs a gate between those two posts to stop it going up.

For some reason somebody at Spooky made another hole to mount this as behind that hole was an unused factory hole.

Just tested it and much less like to go back up the lane the ball came from now but now not as smooth doing the figure 8 shot so might have to do some bending, see how it goes.

4DAB6878-9ACC-4144-9B65-2C7EB03A041E (resized).jpeg4DAB6878-9ACC-4144-9B65-2C7EB03A041E (resized).jpeg4DDF2AE7-7EE2-4158-89E5-BCCDA169D1AF (resized).jpeg4DDF2AE7-7EE2-4158-89E5-BCCDA169D1AF (resized).jpeg
#12339 1 year ago

How easy is the house mod to install?

#12340 1 year ago

Very easy. The hardest part is snaking the cable/wire through the machine. I had my wife help me so she could grab the wire end and gently pull it through as I gave it more slack. Other than that, it’s plug and play.

#12341 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Very easy. The hardest part is snaking the cable/wire through the machine. I had my wife help me so she could grab the wire end and gently pull it through as I gave it more slack. Other than that, it’s plug and play.

And really that's not even that hard - you don't even have to disassemble anything. For me, the hardest part was just in making sure I wasn't pinching or squishing the wire anywhere

#12342 1 year ago

If it takes more than 5 minutes, you're doing something wrong.

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Before you install it, consider cutting out the window vanes on the right hand video side(I used side snips, easy). It opens up more video space in this awesome mod.

Will do. Thanks.

#12344 1 year ago

the house mod tends to fall down when I play. do you have this problem?

#12345 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

No, mine has been fine. Get some more Velcro and remount it if it’s falling over.

#12346 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

It’s a little tricky to get it aligned just right. The cable in the back really should have a route cut into the plastic so it’s not pinched. But the right side of the house should be a bit behind the plastic piece, and the Velcro (really it’s better to just use 3M VHB tape) should hold it steady. The Velcro pieces are a bit small, so they may not grip the house perfectly - you may just need to replace it. Again, I think the double sided VHB does a better job holding it in place. Keeps it from tipping forward too.

#12347 1 year ago

Spooky pinball: any updates on the next release of the code for Halloween?

#12348 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

having this issue, is there any fix? thanks!

#12349 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Spooky pinball: any updates on the next release of the code for Halloween?

Busy working on Scooby is my guess.

Im somewhat bummed. I thought this pin was going to be the breakout pin to put them in the big leagues, but feel its getting close to finished as far as they are concerned. The swap of coders has set this back bigtime and we dont even know what the new person brings to the table(yes there are some hints, positive hints in the 1.09). I really feel for UM owners. At least we have a strong license when we go to sell, if we sell.

Got me on FOMO Spooky, not your fault, but leason learned.

#12350 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Yup. I used a L bracket on the back. Undid a screw that is already on the bridge and put it through the L backed and used good double faced tape on the house side and L bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.