20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 339.
#13251 1 year ago

Hello,

Sometime i have this problem !!!!

H3 (resized).jpgH3 (resized).jpg
#13252 1 year ago
Quoted from lolo95:

Hello,
Sometime i have this problem !!!![quoted image]

You need to unscrew that plastic trim piece and move it closer to the hole. You'll likely have to drill a new hole for the screw.

#13253 1 year ago

Ok

Thanks

#13254 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Any news on when another new code update might be coming?
Had a party on Saturday at home on Saturday night (only myself and a pinball buddy who is one of the best in the U.K were pinball people - the rest only play the machines I've had) - the game went down really well - did have to remind people a few times about the in lane lifters but I think everyone had a lot of fun.
My GC score was around 60M*, but my buddy managed to get I think around 85M! (not surprised really; as I mentioned above, he's a really good player)
I think this game has so much charm and is actually great for multiplayer and possibly tournament play - a lot of strategic options; do I go for risky hedge shots for hedge MB?; worth starting Sanitarium to have a MB going to stack a more difficult mode etc, etc. Pumpkin MB has to be for me, one of the best pinball moments there is; never fails to put a smile on faces and is such a great change of pace when it starts up with the music etc- that's a pinball moment!
*my GC was erased before the party, as not too long before guests arrived I switched on the machine and....BIOS screen again - after a couple of attempts at rebuilding the software again and re-installing the latest code was all up and running again, but it's bloody annoying having to do that (2nd time that's happened now) - chasing Pinball Heaven for an update re; new pc coming from Spooky.

Same thing with me...I've gotten the bios screen twice since the new update

#13255 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Someone suggested to me the other day that a Bios screen could suggest that the battery had gone in the pc, but I doubt this is it, otherwise would've just been told to put a new one in!....

#13256 1 year ago

2 things will cause the BIOS screen on bootup: the CMOS battery died and it lost its bootup config, or the SSD the game is installed on died (or is flakey) and not booting. Updated game code can't really cause these issues.

#13257 1 year ago

Someone suggested to me the other day that a Bios screen could suggest that the battery had gone in the pc, but I doubt this is it, otherwise would've just been told to put a new one in!....

I was thinking this as it’s happened to me twice, maybe all that shaking is loosening the battery.
My pc was fitted loose so used some Velcro to hold it tight in that awful mount.

#13258 1 year ago
Quoted from lolo95:

Hello,

I have this same issue. Balls stuck almost every game now requiring glass removal. My plastic piece is actually broken from shipping, newer game. Waiting on feedback from distro/spooky.

#13259 1 year ago

Yeah it sucks, because it wiped my audits...I had over 250 plays...I'm weird like that in I want to see total plays to justify these massive purchases...Oh well, I'm going to get a new pc sent from Spooky, their customer service is great

#13260 1 year ago
Quoted from lolo95:

Hello,

My game was a much earlier build. Our two plastic pieces are cut differently. I fixed the problem by adding a little wire form. The same fix would also work for you.

20220316_190441 (resized).jpg20220316_190441 (resized).jpg20220316_192108 (resized).jpg20220316_192108 (resized).jpg
#13261 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

My game was a much earlier build. Our two plastic pieces are cut differently. I fixed the problem by adding a little wire form. The same fix would also work for you.

A quick slap to the side of my Ultraman and the ball drops down the hole. Every time. But adding a small wire form is definitely on my list of things to do.

#13262 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've also had the dreaded bios screen once or twice, but after restarting it didn't happen. Weird, because like someone else mentioned, a PC going to bios usually means dead battery or the boot device not working (the SSD in this case), so I'm not sure how a restart fixes it unless maybe the battery connection is a little flaky due to vibrations.

#13263 1 year ago

Going to update a friend's HW tomorrow evening. He has 1.06b installed. Can we go straight to 1.10?

#13264 1 year ago
Quoted from lolo95:

Hello,

Mine has the exact same problem. It's not so simple to just move it up and drill a new hole. There are other holes and notches on that plastic piece that can't be moved so simply. Also, some playfield obstructions. I like that guy's idea to add a wireform under that screw. I was thinking of shaping a large paperclip, but not sure if it will be rigid enough to stop a fast-moving pinball.

#13265 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Going to update a friend's HW tomorrow evening. He has 1.06b installed. Can we go straight to 1.10?

Yes

#13266 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Mine has the exact same problem. It's not so simple to just move it up and drill a new hole. There are other holes and notches on that plastic piece that can't be moved so simply. Also, some playfield obstructions. I like that guy's idea to add a wireform under that screw. I was thinking of shaping a large paperclip, but not sure if it will be rigid enough to stop a fast-moving pinball.

There are three screws holding it in place. I was able to keep the furthest left as is, removed the other two and it then just pivioted to where I wanted it. Drilled new holes (one into the playfield and the other just a new one in the plastic) and haven't had any issues since. You cant even see the old holes, it looks stock. Hope this helps!

#13267 1 year ago

I drilled a hole into the grey jersey barrier grey piece then bent a piano wire around the Phillips head screw to that hole to prevent the ball from hanging up. I used the https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593

#13268 1 year ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

I drilled a hole into the grey jersey barrier grey piece then bent a piano wire around the Phillips head screw to that hole to prevent the ball from hanging up. I used the https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593

Are you able to post a picture? Thanks for sharikg the link for the wire jig. Thats probably a handy item to have.

#13269 1 year ago

I no really ok for drilled ......
or maybe put little plastic cover film

#13270 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are you able to post a picture? Thanks for sharikg the link for the wire jig. Thats probably a handy item to have.

See post #12290. I was planning on doing the same.

#13271 1 year ago

Replaced all 3 servos for the hedge Michaels. Pro tip: Don’t put the Michaels on until you power up the game. Home position might not be home position. Mine homed and pointed towards the cabinet. Didn’t hurt anything but I had to take them back off and line them up again. Used the link others have recommended. The “treedix” ones. Work very well.

DB9D63B7-15B7-4821-9FF5-C71623415E58 (resized).jpegDB9D63B7-15B7-4821-9FF5-C71623415E58 (resized).jpeg

#13272 1 year ago

So have not played my machine in a bit and decided to play a round or two today but during the first game the ball went into the pumpkin scoop and never returned even after a shake and ball locate. Now it seems none of my servos are working

Anyone run into this problem

#13273 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

So have not played my machine in a bit and decided to play a round or two today but during the first game the ball went into the pumpkin scoop and never returned even after a shake and ball locate. Now it seems none of my servos are working
Anyone run into this problem

Go into Settings and then Switch Test and Servo Test and figure out what is and isn't working.

Check the fuses on the Pinotaur board as well.

RM

#13274 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Go into Settings and then Switch Test and Servo Test and figure out what is and isn't working.
Check the fuses on the Pinotaur board as well.
RM

Went into servo test and nothing worked.
How do I check the fuse? Sorry still need to pins

#13275 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Went into servo test and nothing worked.
How do I check the fuse? Sorry still need to pins

Here's part of the Pinotaur board on the bottom of the playfield.

See the area that has the fuses? There is one marked Servos.

To check if a fuse is blown, IIRC there are little green LEDs by each fuse that are lit if the fuse is OK, otherwise you have to pull the fuse out and check continuity with a meter.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13276 1 year ago

I just did the same thing myself last night. I pulled the pink stickers off the front of the servos for a cleaner look.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Replaced all 3 servos for the hedge Michaels. Pro tip: Don’t put the Michaels on until you power up the game. Home position might not be home position. Mine homed and pointed towards the cabinet. Didn’t hurt anything but I had to take them back off and line them up again. Used the link others have recommended. The “treedix” ones. Work very well.
[quoted image]

#13277 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Here's part of the Pinotaur board on the bottom of the playfield.
See the area that has the fuses? There is one marked Servos.
To check if a fuse is blown, IIRC there are little green LEDs by each fuse that are lit if the fuse is OK, otherwise you have to pull the fuse out and check continuity with a meter.[quoted image]

This is in the top part behind the back glass or under the table

#13278 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

This is in the top part behind the back glass or under the table

On the bottom of the playfield. Or "table" if you prefer.

It's red.

RM

#13279 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out what causes the Calibrating Switches boot hang up??

#13280 1 year ago

Anyone else have sound issues after code update? My sound went super loud after restart and now goes in and out of volume.

#13281 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone else have sound issues after code update? My sound went super loud after restart and now goes in and out of volume.

Soubd levels are all messed up with the moat recent code update; some sounds are barely audible, whilst others and some music are too loud.
Previously I could have the volume a few notches yp, but now I have to have it say no louder than the 2nd notch (but sound effects/call outs can be too quiet)

#13282 1 year ago

Ok yeah same experience - yikes might go back.

Soubd levels are all messed up with the moat recent code update; some sounds are barely audible, whilst others and some music are too loud.
Previously I could have the volume a few notches yp, but now I have to have it say no louder than the 2nd notch (but sound effects/call outs can be too quiet)

#13283 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Has anyone figured out what causes the Calibrating Switches boot hang up??

Since apparently nobody has, a blown 5volt fuse on the Pinataur board can cause it.

#13284 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Same here. Volume is now messed up.

#13285 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Since apparently nobody has, a blown 5amp fuse on the Pinataur board can cause it.

Thanks--this should be a key post. I was assuming a switch was stuck somewhere or otherwise faulty.

#13286 1 year ago

So my Halloween would boot up, stay stuck on Calibrating Switches (although it would cycle through the attract screen stuff), and no playfield lights. The service buttons in the coin door would not work. Game wouldn’t see the USB stick to update. It ended up being that single 5v mini fuse on the board.

#13287 1 year ago

The bulb in my pumpkin flasher went out last week so I had to replace it. It was a bit of a chore due to the way Spooky installs these bulbs. What they do is fill the pumpkin with a big glob of RTV silicone, shove an SMD LED bulb in there, and then let it cure. It took a bit of time to remove the broken bulb and chunks of silicone as I had to do it in pieces. Yuk.

I decided to take a different approach. I took a spare 1/2-inch post sleeve I had and carefully sliced it in half so I ended up with two 1/4-inch wide sleeves. I slid one of the sleeves onto the base of my new LED bulb and then installed the bulb in the machine. Then it was just a matter of pushing the pumpkin onto the bulb. It makes a nice secure, friction-fit over the bulb.
Bulb_1 (resized).jpgBulb_1 (resized).jpgBulb_2 (resized).jpgBulb_2 (resized).jpgBulb_3 (resized).jpgBulb_3 (resized).jpgBulb_4 (resized).jpgBulb_4 (resized).jpg

#13288 1 year ago

Ok so I want to cry right now because I was about to blow it up. On ball two I hit the Judith shot on the plunge. Knocked down the targets and into the scoop. I purchased 2x scoring started the mode that is all the targets, bounced the ball over right to left and unlocked the Judith multiball. Two shots in I hit the third Michael shot while still in Judith and the game crashed.

#13289 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Ok so I want to cry right now because I was about to blow it up. On ball two I hit the Judith shot on the plunge. Knocked down the targets and into the scoop. I purchased 2x scoring started the mode that is all the targets, bounced the ball over right to left and unlocked the Judith multiball. Two shots in I hit the third Michael shot while still in Judith and the game crashed.

Terrible, I know.

Was there a crash screen? Can you get a pic?

Can you stick a blank USB into the board in the head?

That will load possible error log files that should be sent to Matt at spooky.

RM

#13290 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Terrible, I know.
RN

#13291 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Terrible, I know.
RN

I believe there is an usb extension in the coin door

#13292 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sounds like some people are experiencing different or more bugs from their personal game to others games, have never had a game where it started with the drops down. This explains why some see it more of a mess than others. Maybe it depends on what hardware version of the game you got and how it's interacting with the code.

I just saw the odd thing as over the weekend where suddenly each ball was starting with the drops down. It was a 4-player game and each person seemed to hit the pumpkin and get Jack-O-Lantern multiball right away at the start of each ball. I'm not sure if anyone had completed 3 modes at that point before that started. The next round we had seemed to be behave the same way and it only cleared when the machine was powered off/on. My machine is on v1.10.

#13293 1 year ago

It seems to me that Halloween gets squirrely the longer it is left on. That leads me to believe that memory bleed is taking place. I believe Spooky is already trying to work the issue. It isn't a huge deal for home use, but it must drive the operators nuts.

#13294 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

[quoted image]

I´m sorry, bit can you specify, which servos you used? I guess Treedix is the manufaturer but what specific servo? I kinda missed the links others adviced and i kinda dont want to look the hole thread through...
Thanks!

#13295 1 year ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

I´m sorry, bit can you specify, which servos you used? I guess Treedix is the manufaturer but what specific servo? I kinda missed the links others adviced and i kinda dont want to look the hole thread through...
Thanks!

These:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX

these are also the EXACT ones Spooky sent me as replacements a week later

RM

#13296 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

these are also the EXACT ones Spooky sent me as replacements a week later

Yes, these work great! BUT, please do note that each box comes with THREE servos. I didn't pay attention (mostly because I assumed $12 was for one) and ordered three packs. Now I have one of my parts drawers completely full of these tiny servos.

#13297 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yes, these work great! BUT, please do note that each box comes with THREE servos. I didn't pay attention (mostly because I assumed $12 was for one) and ordered three packs. Now I have one of my parts drawers completely full of these tiny servos.

Uh what?

#13298 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Well hell!! I have 9 total now too lol.

20230313_111246 (resized).jpg20230313_111246 (resized).jpg
#13299 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well hell!! I have 9 total now too lol.

LoL! Now, like me, you have enough small servos to keep you game running long past the apocalypse.

#13300 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

I just saw the odd thing as over the weekend where suddenly each ball was starting with the drops down. It was a 4-player game and each person seemed to hit the pumpkin and get Jack-O-Lantern multiball right away at the start of each ball. I'm not sure if anyone had completed 3 modes at that point before that started. The next round we had seemed to be behave the same way and it only cleared when the machine was powered off/on. My machine is on v1.10.

Mine has done this on 1.08 and 1.10. No idea on how it happens, but power cycling it cures it. Super annoying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.