IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballykiss1978. You are on page 1 of 2.
#20 2 years ago

#481 moved up from #790. By the time I get mine any issues should be found and hopefully will have knife handle shooter rod. So hopefully by January 2022 I get it.

2 weeks later
#116 2 years ago

How is the lcd display? Does it have poor blacks? Is an upgrade needed? Of course to those who own it currently.

1 week later
#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Do we know what size of rubber?
Also I saw a post about a fuse, not sure which Spooky thread...type please?

Post 153 this thread. Change flipper fuse 2amp to 5amp slow blow.

#175 2 years ago

How much is butter upgrade? I forget.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

[quoted image]

Thank you! Now to see if the wife wants it for her CE.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I found a bug in my game!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This should be the exact knife they use. They mentioned it was from trick or treat studios in one of the podcasts early on.
https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

So should be the same size then? How does the knife mount to the playfield? $19.99 is a great price for the knife.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Will finally have a chance to play this game today. Looking forward to it.

Did you get to play it?

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

We are officially past the VIP machines, #52 has touched down.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Pics and impressions please.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - finally had a chance to play Halloween. Helicon Brewery - continues to be the best in the business! Chris and Chris - thanks again!
So after playing Ultraman first, I came away really thinking about letting my Halloween pre order go. Layout was interesting but I just wasn't connecting with it. I also don't care for Ultraman and theme to me is important so I decided I need to play Halloween first before deciding. After playing Halloween, it's crystal clear. Definitely keeping my pre order and I actually might need to go butter cabinet!
As a reminder though for those on the fence and don't appreciate Halloween or care for the movie, I can easily see folks disliking it or not understanding why it's good. What pushed me over no doubt is the fact I absolutely love this movie.
So Halloween pinball.....I really enjoyed my time on it. The music, art, assets, etc really bring this game together. The slower moving ball to the flipper after hitting that scoop (vs shooting back at you) - it's perfectly in line with Michael stalking you and popping up out of nowhere. I can't think of another theme where I would say that but for this one, it makes sense and it works. The unique layout and feel, including those upper PFs really just work so much better with this theme primarily b/c it's not expected to be in your face, over the top like Ultraman is. For that theme, I would want a diff layout. For Halloween, it just made sense and felt right. The top pf for example, understanding you're in that house, trying to find a way out which translates so well to hitting through those super tight shots and eventually getting that ball across - it just makes so much sense and brings you into that scene. The ball then drops down, like Michael off that roof when he gets shot - again translates so well from movie to pinball. Hard to explain for sure but it just takes the layout to the next level.
Here are some things that surprised me (good and bad):
1) Video assets and animations were fine. Yes, they look terrible on youtube but actually playing the game, I enjoyed them. Weird to say but the one thing I wanted more of wasn't video clips....it was
2) MORE SPEECH! This game could really use an injection of movie speech, especially Laurie. We need Michael breathing!! Spooky - yes, video clips are great but I would think speech is an easy thing to get in there and an immediate boost. Truth is, I'm not really looking at that screen a lot b/c I'm playing the damn game. Speech though - I can hear throughout, not lose sight of the ball and still get that Halloween goodness. Win win.
3) Lightshow - solid. It is bright at certain times but the lights correlate with those loud high notes from Halloween and almost act as an alert mechanism vs the typical light show. They were not blinding at all. The game also gets dark too and it works well.
4) I love the fall look to this game. People who complain about that just don't understand Halloween. Kaneda has no idea what makes Halloween good. True fans appreciate it and I just love the leaves and everything brown in it. The 4k HD release also has it and I just love that look
5) The three drop down targets - PLEASE do something with these. They look super cheap and unfinished. We need stickers or something to jazz them up. You always shoot at them, please revisit.
6) I want those blood drops to be a darker red. Simple fix but I swear, they look pink right now.
7) I don't believe I was on the latest code so this might have been addressed but modes and how to advance was not very clear. Text on the screen that seemed to relate to roles/objectives was also very hard to read and small
8 ) Cab art - I have previously said that butter is a waste and save your money. Having seen the art in person, I was a little disappointed on how muted it seemed. Yes it looked awesome but I might have to go butter on this b/c the art is so good, I want it to pop as much as possible. This is the only spooky that I'm thinking about doing so. I owned a R+M and that art popped big time without butter.
9) Build quality - this game feels SOOO much better than R+M. It feels heavy. I played R+M right after this to make sure I wasn't going crazy and it was like Spooky grew up. R+M feels light and cheap - Halloween is like somewhere b/w stern and JJP. The glass on Halloween also didn't shake at all yet the sound and bass was so much better than Stern or even JJP. Good job Spooky
10) Hedge MB insert - SOOOO dumb. Really. The insert lit up and it's right next to something else - I wouldn't even notice and when I did, it still looked fine. I know spooky is fixing it but for those that get the older pf, don't even worry about it. The actual MB and sculps - I like the code of the MB, and although I like the sculps and hedges, it is a little silly to have 3 Michaels. Wish they could have just had one rotate and pop out but that's prob asking too much. I'm just not in love with having three of the same toy on there. It looks odd.
11) The music is of course fantastic (although I feel like the theme during MB could be played louder). What's noteworthy is how good the custom music is. Great job here. Sounds like it was in the original movie.
12) Layout - I’ve commented on this before though t experience with Ultraman but in general, it’s the best shooter no doubt from spooky. Def has flow but also a different feel bc it mixes in those two upper pfs which work much better for this theme than Ultraman. It will definitely be a unique addition to my collection which is a good thing.
There is likely more but that's it for now. I literally walked away from the machine during my last game b/c I knew it's a def buy and I didn't want to spoil anymore. Same reason I didn’t even touch Godzilla pro bc I know that game is great already. In time, it will be even better and the design of the machine, like the theme, is unique and something that will fit well in my stern/JJP mix. Excited to see more.

Thank you for your detailed and great review and feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to do it. What number are you and I am really considering going butter.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Now I’m ready![quoted image]

That’s a cool door mat!

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Will have my Halloween CE #78 in a week or so - if anyone local is interested in trading a GNR LE for it please pm me. Perhaps we can make a deal.

GNR shoots like a dog. Keep your Halloween. Halloween will definitely be the better of the two.

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

#52 in its home. Still missing the knife plunger
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you go butter?

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I feel ya and I downvoted on your announcement. Not because you MUST love the game, but because you are so close and almost sold. That GNR will be for sale for awhile. And honestly, I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but Spooky just keeps getting better and better. I FOMOd for sure, but only because pins seem to hold value, so if it's not for me,I can move on without much loss. Maybe even trade for a R&M down the road.
With that said, looking forward to your honest review!

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it. Halloween all the way and I have not watched the movie yet, but I will. Born in 1971. Was never a horror fan but my wife and daughters are and want this pin. I am really excited for it. #481

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Totally disagree with you, GNR is fantastic once you KNOW and have the understanding what your doing. You cannot possibly see that in just a few bucks in game plays. However not every game with different styles of play is for everyone, with that said I'm also stoked while waiting on my HWN CE as I'm getting closer everyday.

Agree to disagree. The flippers are weak, and it was just not fun. When the price tag is north oh $10k you have certain expectations. My daughters did nit like it either. Played AIQ and I didn’t know what was going on and I bought a pro. Bought it because it’s fun as hell. GNR is not all that fun. JP3, each time I play it I love it more and a getting one. Played GNR about 10 times and still don’t care for it. I personally do not know anyone who likes it.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's your hole[quoted image]

Was there vasoline on your lens when you took that pic?? What’s the resolution 2p?

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I believe they zoomed in on a previously posted photo.

Oh ok. Looks like the film quality whenever there is a Bigfoot picture taken

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Oh, that could be a blown fuse. On the pinotaur, you should see 3 fuses on the bottom right. When in the coil test menu, they'll have green lights on behind them if theyre good. No light means its blown. You of course could just pull out each one and inspect it manually. Apparantly some machines have an issue with the rightmost fuse blowing (two flipper coils use that bank). Replacing it with a 5A fuse seems to be working for most people. Not sure if people are using slow blow or fast blow 5A fuses to fix it. Make sure the game is off when you insert the new fuse. And when you power it back up after the fuse swap, make sure no coils fire a couple seconds after boot. If they do, it indicates a different problem, which you'll have to call or email us about.

Definitely use slow blow unless you won’t to burn through and blow a ton of fast blow fuses.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

About to play #10 on location in tourney at Electric Bat[quoted image]

Holy crap they have it?!! Man not sure I want to go see it or play it. I am number 481 and kinda want to see it and play it fresh out of the box for the first time. Will be the first time doing this for me.

#513 2 years ago

How many Halloween have shipped so far?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im going to play it, just to play it and get pumped, but it won't be a regular thing for me. I'll want mine fresh, even if I'm 920 lol

Definitely post your impressions. I am going to not go play it or see it.

#559 2 years ago

Well won’t see #481 probably not till spring. Oh well. Hopefully knife handle shooter rods will be installed by then lol

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

BOTH are manufacturing Pinball Machines.
BOTH are developing Machines while manufacturing others.
But, yeah. Nothing at all in common.

Spooky does one pin about every year and a half. Stern does four. Yes they are pinball manufacturers, but Stern is a huge producer. So no you can’t really compare them. That would be like comparing GM to Yugo back in the day. They both make cars, but comparison ended.

If your only doing one pin they definitely can use one animator or coder, especially the ones who worked on R&M. Some people just have to disagree just to disagree. One is a massive apple and the other is barely grown. Stern in one year has released more pins than Spooky has done since they began. I am not counting The Jetsons.

So far the animations have been average at best. I have a CE ordered so I have skin in the game.

1 week later
#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just tried updating again, the game is bricked now.
Reinstalling original code for the 4th time.

Do you mean xbox360 red ring of death bricked or the game just won’t load with new code?

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good to hear it isn't a tough install. I'm still very much a novice with tweaks and repairs. I made the mistake of first getting into pinball when my son was a newborn and now I have a second newborn lol. So I've never had much time to focus on dialing in my machines.
Hoping mine might come with the new ramp, it's being delivered next Tuesday, but not expecting it to be.

What number are you? I live in San Tan Valley, I am 481

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Cool, mine is #79. Looks like a few AZ people/locations on pinside were getting this one. Think I saw someone put up their spot before though.
I was a bit confused that some people also getting the standard cab with numbers after mine took delivery, before mine had even shipped, so it is clear the numbers aren't being shipped in order, but ultimately waiting an extra week or two won't kill me. I've just been impatient and excited lol

That’s odd. I played Halloween at Electric Bat Arcade. I was going to wait and be surprised when I got it but I couldn’t resist. Surprised you haven’t gotten yours yet. Post when you do. I still have a wait.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I Put a little dab of brown paint on that screw to blend it in the best I could[quoted image]

Great idea. Looks much better.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think you're missing my point. I'm not in any "hurry" and figure I'll get mine when I get mine and I see why people are conflating the two. My "issue" if you even want to call it that, is what's going on? We had an initial flurry and some week to week consistency then... Nothing... For weeks, plural. Unless someone has posted somewhere that they've been invoiced and I just missed it which is entirely possible, we seem to be stuck. Then we get the SpookyLuke response (to my post) claiming they're churning out games but if that was the case, shouldn't someone in here have reported that? Something simply doesn't add up. What is it? People can dump on me for wanting to know if that makes them feel better but I think it's a legitimate question/concern.
Jeff

Definitely seems like things are at a hault production and shipping wise. I noticed that also. I am not complaining I will get my game when I get. I am number 481 so I wasn’t expecting it till next year.

I was hoping January by early projected manufacturing numbers, but now don’t think it will happen till April the earliest. Still not holding my breath. It’s worth the wait and my families first spooky pin.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Heh, yeah the poster artist didn't even notice himself till someone pointed it out. It's a nice accidental touch

It’s not an intentional face in the hand. It’s called Pareidolia

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

40 minutes to talk about it and about 20 minutes to complete with efficient gameplay. (As proven by IE pinballs most recent stream) No one is hating on the code, we would just like to more mode content in future updates. Something to strive and work for and yeah…maybe a mode that is so difficult to get to that 90% of players will never get to it. This is the reward for people who take playing seriously. Pinball machines are not toys…they are GAMES and they ought to reward highly skilled players. The standing code v is a great start but I defy anyone to argue in favor of ending here.

How exactly would you substantiate this claim? Sounds like a load of bologna to me. People who are unsuccessful at playing for completion on deeper pins do not typically clamor for content they will never reach. However, There are a lot of amazing pinball players in the world and there are quite a few with a presence on here pushing companies for more.

It is a game in the end and some of do take pinball seriously but just aren’t good enough to get to many modes or finish the game. In the end it is an expensive toy. Just make code settings in the options to cover all player types. Not all of us can be pinball wizards like you.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I'm # 159 and haven't even gotten my options email. I'm really starting too wonder if I'll get my game this year or not. Don't get me wrong I'm all about quality but the lack of consistency on production is killing us all in anticipation bc all I want too do is play this game.

Man I doubt you will see it this year. Would have been a cool Christmas present. Won’t even be a New Year’s Eve or day either.

4 weeks later
#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Getting #138 dialed in. Here is a before and after of my shooter housing. Hey Spooky - where are the knife shooter rods?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man that was crooked. My ocd did not like that at all.

1 week later
#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When I was 8 years old, there was a box this size (although on it's side) with my name under it under the Christmas tree from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas morning. Naturally, I lost my mind and couldn't wait until Christmas to unwrap my "big present". Being 8 I was expecting a dog or a go-kart. I got... a desk. I died a little bit inside.

I laughed and cried at the same time. What a letdown.

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This review gave me pause. It is concerning to hear that you NEED to love the theme in order to enjoy the game. Even Iron Maiden didn't require that. I look forward to playing one

I have not seen Halloween yet and not a fan. But played it and really enjoyed it. Wife and kids love Halloween and waiting for CE#481. Different from most pins I have played. Can’t wait to get it and watch the movie lol.

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m sorry, you haven’t SEEN the movie!! Stop what you’re doing right now, it’s an all-time masterpiece.

I promise I will watch it before #481 arrives.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

#156 arrived today
[quoted image]

Congrats! So glad I have 18’ ceilings and don’t have to worry about not being able to use a topper.

#2190 2 years ago

Has the hedge multiball insert been fixed yet?

1 week later
#2288 2 years ago

Was wondering if anyone will be making art blades for Halloween?

1 week later
#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Very sorry (and concerned) to hear about the bad decal job. I'd be super disappointed.

Good argument for going butter. That sucks.

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I do not feel it right for a company to provide it to "later" customers before providing it to earlier ones. They have had quite some time to ship this thing out to past customers. I paid ALL of the money for a complete game before others... and yes I accepted the fact that part of my game would be missing til a later date. My expectation is that as soon as that part was available it would go out to me without delay. Instead it has been delayed to me because they are busy building other games... they are always busy building games they are a manufacturing company.
As an early adopter of the game have had to put up with a lot more then the rest of you will have to:
a. Early ramps are bad and have screws sticking out -- new ramp shipped
b. code issues / bugs / etc - typical for most games but the code issues / bugs have not been this bad on other company releases I have had
c. wiring issues / balls stuck in places because wiring in the way , poorly attached , not routed properly
d. Misaligned parts on the game because of initial poor assembly to be corrected in later versions of the game
The list goes on... but again its what I signed up for....

Nobody said they should have stopped putting them on new games as they built them... I said that 100 shooter rods takes 1 person about a day to ship them out... it wasn't do not put them on new machines till you ship them out... its create a priority to have someone ship these out ... could have been the day they came, the next day, 5 days later, its now been several weeks since they got them and started putting them on new games. They could have long shipped them out. If they don't have enough to ship old customers... that is their problem and should not be at the expense of me. I don't doubt they will eventually ship it to me... I would have just expected good service to follow a fifo process.... after all they build games according to fifo and take full payment for fifo... they don't make you pay for game 100 in full and ship game 500 out at that time.

You being an early buyer you know you are the beta testers and you know you will have issues. Unfortunately you have to wait for your shooter rod, and I don’t blame spooky for shipping out games with them now vs sending out new games without it. Sorry you have to wait but buying early can be full of issues and that’s why I opted to get a later run.

#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Game #200 arrived today. Where is the manual? Don't see one online either., Wanted to get into the adjustments menu..cant find it. Only issue so far..ball stuck in scoop behind upper playfield drop Target ..would kick out..hit drop Target..back in..endless , had to turn off to fix.

How is your hedge multiball insert? Congrats on the delivery.

#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I personally would move your pins away from that huge window and sunlight.

This a 100%^

#2632 2 years ago

We have already had club members shear it off and Spooky has something in the works to fix it. It needs to be addressed. Shorting out your 12v line is never a good thing.

Amen. Never a good thing. Many of MPU’s fried that way.

1 week later
#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

#shooterrodgatedebunked
Looks great on #56. Thanks Spooky
[quoted image]

Can you post some pics of the cabinet?

1 week later
#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Same for 242, should be delivered in Houston on Wednesday!

Only 239 to go for me now.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Just received my Butter or No Butter email for CE#317

Awesome!

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First part for my BSE Topper arrived
The knife is only for the picture, I will use of course original Halloween knife

Wow! Looks awesome. Where did you get it?

#3178 2 years ago

Does anyone make a shooter lane protector for Halloween?

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Odd... I find the voice actor to be essentially spot on for Donald Pleasence. Certainly not anywhere remotely approaching the term "cringe-worthy"... Guess this is one of those subjective things...
Jeff

Definitely way better than the voice actors on GOTG. That’s cringe worthy.

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That could very well be the case but imo, it's not that malicious. It's good content for the show and he does like to surface inperfections but with his limited play time and complete lack of understanding of why halloween works as a movie and now a pinball machine, he's off to the races and not turning back.
The mindset you have when playing halloween is not the same as godzilla (another game I own). These are two different pins. Halloween has its own style and tempo and mood and you name it. The game is very unique and is truly a collectors pin - not a tournament player that is all about fast combos and scoring while you rock out to your own music. It's completely the opposite of that so I can understand not only why someone who has no appreciation for the movie doesn't like it and also why the tournament players don't care for it either.

I have not seen the movie yet (I will) and I played it on location with early code. I wasn’t going to play it because wanted to be surprised when my CE #481 arrives for my wife and daughters. I was a little worried because of all the hate.

After I played it I couldn’t wait to get it. I traded up from 780 to 481. In was really unique experience. Definitely felt some tension when playing it. The artwork is stunning and the light show didn’t disappoint at all.

I didn’t care for the cheap knife and the plexiglass protector over the drop targets was flimsy. Otherwise nothing else to complain about. The flippers were strong and the upper playfields added a whole new experience for me.

I thought I would miss the pop bumpers, but glad they didn’t put them in. I did not miss them. Got 6 games in on it and looking forward to many more. Can’t wait.

1 week later
#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

So for you guys and gals that have your games, how does this LED lighting look in person? When I first saw it revealed, I thought it was overkill and too much. Then there was talk it might be adjustable, but haven’t seen anything since. Or maybe it isn’t as bad/bright in person. I should be seeing my game in the next 3 weeks, just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks
[quoted image]

Looks awesome in person. No issues for me. I played Halloween on location. Still waiting for 481. Awesome light show and can’t wait to see it again.

#3558 2 years ago

What are the odds that most of the hate comes from those who thought they were going to be able to flip this for good money? I am not a horror fan at all and got this for the wife and kids who are.

I played it early on and can’t wait to get #481 and finally watch the movie. It’s definitely a unique pin and a real nice change from typical pins. I felt the anxious when I played it and also felt the suspense. I didn’t think Spooky could translate horror to a pin and for me they did.

The family wants to me surprised so they have not played it or seen it in person.

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Received word that mine has shipped, according to tracking it's scheduled to arrive sometime Monday. Ordered through Nitro CE #345 as a general fyi.

136 to go to 481! Mine is through Nitro also. How many Halloween are being built a week right now?

#3694 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...had a flakey LED strip, AJ promptly sent a replacement ( in my hands in 2 days. Spooky rocks!!)...sat on it for a week or so deciding if I'd do this...
Decided, why not? Ordered appropriate aluminum channel and milky white diffuser...installed this afternoon ( meetings reschedued). The channel looks great and went w thin depth to just open the light up a bit...
Kind of a PITA, but like the overall smoothing effect...going to cut a new diffuser and tidy a bit tomorrow, but wanted to share...no wire ties, and the channel will dissipate the heat fine, also keeping the lens at equal distance across the strips
Bourbon and time to play this thing!!

Do you have a link on where you bought the aluminum channel and white diffuser?

#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

What are people's experiences with FedEx freight? Any issues? Mine is tracking for delivery tomorrow, but haven't heard from the shipper yet.

6 NIB purchases for me and no issues with FedEx freight since 2019.

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Wear on the powder coating is like a badge of honor. It means you played the freakin thing.

Exactly. You should play them, not just use them as room decorations. It’s a game after all. Collect things smaller and cheaper if you only want to look at it.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Yes, it would still be slow. But I turn on my gnr or other new games , they tell me there is an update, push accept and it does it's thing. I don't have to get out a laptop , find a USB stick, download a file, then put it on the USB, then put it in the game, etc.

Yeah sounds like so much work. (Sarcasm)

#4121 2 years ago

At least he wasn’t using Vista

#4221 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Hey Bug, is something up w production? Seems like no one has been invoiced, or posted about it at least, in almost a month. Thanks!

Yeah I am wondering that myself. Seem there is a big slow down.

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#414 options email went out on 3/9.

Where did you preorder? I am #481 and went through Nitro.

#4235 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Moved the Topper Knife out for a much better effect!
Super easy.
Also added some painters tape to not let it scratch the cabinet didn’t want to use Mylar may peel the paint off if ever removed.
Here’s a video I took.

Does it make much noise when the knife hits the back box? That does look much better.

#4237 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Zero noise!
The point of the knife rest ontop of the cabinet.
Just lightly rubs across the area I have the tape.
Doubt it will ever wear through the tape.

Awesome’ thank you for the reply and posting it. Looks awesome. Great idea.

#4286 2 years ago

Hopefully May for 481

#4345 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Direct order from Spooky #489 checking in! Just got the butter / no butter email form Spooky!

I am 481 through nitro. How did you get an email already? Congrats btw

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I ordered direct through Spooky, Morgan emailed me yesterday along with what looks to be about 30 others to see if they want a butter cab or not for their machines.

Crazy you got the email when those in the 400’s aren’t due till May

#4362 2 years ago

Yeah I am wondering that also.

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I ordered direct through Spooky, Morgan emailed me yesterday along with what looks to be about 30 others to see if they want a butter cab or not for their machines.

I emailed Morgan yesterday wondering how you jumped ahead of me. Seems that their building shipping system at times doesn’t make sense since I am 481 your 482.

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

When would 1225 be according to your chart?

Definitely next year 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter barring any parts shortages.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

I got the best email of my life last Thursday.
Butter or regular?
I’m #490…..I ordered direct from Spooky day one.
Butter for me.

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice. This is crap.

Regardless where you ordered what’s the point of having having numbers if they are NOT going to go in order. Probably last time I buy from them and this is my first pin from them.

#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Holy overreaction Batman! The sense of entitlement is strong.

Your funny. You think I am entitled because I am upset that people who ordered after me are getting their emails? You don’t know me at all. You keyboard Warriors are something else.

This pin is for my wife who is going through a lot of medical issues and could use a win right now. So don’t chime in not knowing someone’s situation and reason for being upset. Maybe you will avoid looking like a jerk.

I am a disabled veteran who served my country, what have you done?If ever in Arizona come say it to my face boy. Your a fanboy apparently. People like you are the reason any forums suck.

I am just glad I am not a person like you. Not going to waste anymore energy on entitled fan boys like yourself.

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can nitpick all you want, but very early code just doesn't go over well and never has; Hell Xmen never recovered.
Good chunk of people are going to enjoy the ride and a good chunk will not. There isn't a right and wrong side.

Stranger Things also. But it did get much better, but too little too late. Prices went up for those two ho wanted to sell though, so there is that.

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Stalking....waiting...

It’s weird to see low GC scores on a pin. I get 350 million on Godzilla and I still suck lol.

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

350 million is low on GZ

I know that’s why I say I still suck. Guess I wasn’t clear enough. I never said it was a great score but compared to a 10 million Halloween score it does look impressive lol.

#4554 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Totally agree. Godzilla art is awesome and I have it on order. But personally halloween is the best I've seen in a long time

i have Godzilla pro and played Halloween on location. Halloween to me is one of the best art packages ever.

#4561 2 years ago

Anyone else receive their game recently?

#4567 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Thanks for the replies!! That would be interesting to know if butter slows things down receiving the game, it does make things taste better. However one of you that recently replied is in Canada, the other is a pickup. Id be curious to know from invoice received / paid to a Fed Ex truck with the game at your door within the USA… I’m guessing 2-4 weeks. My chart when I made it 6 months ago still looks like I’ll fall into my window:
120-140 11/01-11/15 2021
#141-159 11/16-11/28 2021
#160-179 12/01-12/14 2021
#180-199 12/15-12/31 2021
#200-225 01/01-01/15 2022
#226-240 01/16-01/31 2022
#241-270 02/01-02/15 2022
#271-300 02/16-02/28 2022
#301-340 03/01-03/15 2022
#341-365 03/16-03/31 2022
#366-390 04/01-04/15 2022
#391-425 04/16-04/30 2022
#426-449 05/01-05/15 2022
#450-480 05/16-05/31 2022
#481-515 06/01-06/15 2022
#516-539 06/16-06/30 2022
#540-575 07/01-07/15 2022
#576-609 07/16-07/31 2022
#610-645 08/01-08/16 2022
#646-670 08/17-08/31 2022
#671-702 09/01-09/15 2022
#703-741 09/16-09/30 2022
#742-774 10/01-10/15 2022
#775-819 10/16-10/31 2022
#820-852 11/01-11/15 2022
#853-881 11/16-11/30 2022
#882-921 12/01-12/15 2022
#922-950 12/16-12/31 2022
#951-970 01/01-01/16 2023
#971-1010 01/17-01/31 2023
#1011-1039 02/01-02/15 2023
#1040-1062 02/16-02/28 2023
#1063-1091 03/01-03/31 2023
#1092-1125 04/01-04/16 2023
#1126-1141 04/17-04/30 2023
#1142-1175 05/01-05/16 2023
#1176-1206 05/17-05/31 2023
#1207-1229 06/01-06/16 2023
#1229-1250 06/17-06/30 2023

Received notice 3-24 from Nitro for butter or no butter. I am #481. Went no butter.

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

01-8806 is now sold out, did Spooky buy out the stock to switch in production?

Ughh!! Seriously?!!!

#4596 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Look.

Did they say when you might receive it? Looks like we are a little ahead of that schedule posted above. Might there be a chance I get 920 by Halloween!

Unfortunately not told any ETA.

#4624 1 year ago

What’s the size of the deflector. Found a site that cuts to order. Also what’s a good thickness for the replacement? Don’t have my pin yet so will have a replacement ready. I played it and the flimsiness of it is bad. Knife looks cheap but my only two complaints about it.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

There are times the ball drains from the mid-level playfield back into the shooter lane over the knife. There have also been times the ball can be deflected off the knife and then down the right drain lane. The plastic fake knife doesn't bother me but I can see why some may want to put a real one in its place. Just be careful of slicing your hand when servicing/polishing the pf. It's a great game - played 20 games today and still enjoying every second.

The knife definitely bothered me when I played it. Looked cheap. I ordered a replacement one online from a Halloween horror site and it was the same knife. So will wait till I get my pin. But otherwise loved everything else.

#4638 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I've put about 400 or so games on my machine since putting in the real knife. I've not encountered any occasions where the knife blocked a ball from going into the shooter lane. Like was said earlier, maybe it's a fluke occasion with a flying ball.
I just could not get past the toy-like appearance of the plastic knife, especially the way it bounced around. Putting in a real knife really improves the playfield appearance a lot, IMO. And it's rock solid. I did dull it really well so I don't have to worry about slicing myself on it.

How did you mount the knife? Do you have pics of it?

#4641 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks... Appreciate the quick response. I had a KaiCut blade won on ebay, but 3 days later, the seller refunded me and told me they could no longer find the knife. So I am back on the hunt. I would get the actual reproduction of the original Halloween knife that they sell on that movie prop site, but it is not real metal and I would assume not be much of an upgrade over what is already in there. Looking at the vintage Lamson blades now since that is actually what was used in the movie.

It’s the same knife. Plastic and flimsy. Money wasted. Gave it to my daughters soon to be fiancé. Learn from my mistake.

#4642 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I made my own bracket out of a piece of flat brass I had laying around, bent it to shape, and painted it gloss black. I made the bracket an inch wide to maximize the surface area of the brass behind the knife. I used 3M double-sided automotive tape to attach the knife to the bracket.[quoted image]

That looks great!! Well done. Thanks for posting.

#4643 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Attached is a pic of the deflector. The OEM deflector is only 1/16" thick and you can see how little material there is on the right side and around the screw holes.
I will be replacing this with a 1/4" thick piece of polycarbonate and will modify the design a little bit so that it's more durable.[quoted image]

Oh wow. Very little material by the screw holes for sure. Keep us posted. Where will you source the poly?

#4646 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Need to look at painting options but here is a first 1/2 height cast. Kind of like it here but I'm sure that it will work elsewhere.

Looks awesome!

#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

eBay. A 12" x 12" piece of 1/4" poly cost me $20 shipped. And if I'm careful, that will be enough to cut two pieces.

What will you use to cut it? Looking forward to see your progress. Thanks

#4657 1 year ago

I agree, I just ordered the Myers house mod. It looks really cool!

I ordered it also. Really surprised not many mods made either but does it really even need them? Unlike GZ pro, that I bought a bunch for. That one really needed it.

I got my email notification from my distributor and what’s the turnaround time lately for the pin to ship once e-mail received?

Seems quiet on the shipping end lately.

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Deflector stuff:
Completed the deflector (scoop) replacement yesterday. Results are dramatic and the shot is now very, very consistent (for me = average player)..backhand or left flipper
Disclaimer - I did this to my game, my opinion and logic...just sharing if anyone wants to go down this road....
PITA factor - medium to high. Things are very tight in there, potential for screws or small spacer (subway) to drop into bad places. Patience will be your friend on this one. I pulled the subway down (didn't need to remove) to get to things. Total time (including lunch break when I lost a screw, lol = around 3 hours w testing). Not an easy task..be honest w yourself regarding your tools/ skillset, and get help if you need it....no sense breaking anything....
Profanity factor - varies on if you drop/ lose a screw, lol...I got through it pretty well...
Used #535-8250-04 as a base (suggestion from another Pinsider) as it had the shape I was needing, based on my bench mock (easier than making a new one). didn't want a rounded scoop, rather a direction focused deflector.
You'll have to drill a center hole for the post and file/ gring the sides a bit to fit, but well worth it, as the shape is superior to the 3 hole version (again, just my take)
Included some before and after pics. You can see where the ball is hitting high on the original, causing it to reject or hit the front of the hole protector. Rebending will keep things working ok, but over time the ball is definitely going to bend the top back.
The new shape allows the ball to be "deeper" into the hole area before impact, coupled with the distinct bend fires the ball down, straight into the hole. The bend also provides much more strength to the piece. I put a 3/16 rubber on the center post (used to avoid a ball trap from above) along w slightly offsetting the center hole to allow it to press against the back as well.
Very tidey, and night and day performance (for me). Pics should tell the story....first 2 are the end product, middle 3 show the center hole drilled (unfinished edges), impact on original, side by side difference, last shows the original.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the write up. Man that stock scoop took some beating. Do you think it’s necessary to drill out that middle hole on the replacement scoop?

#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, as the center post behind uses a wood screw to go through the center hole, attaches directly to playfield.. saw another post w a different model having the 3 holes already....felt the shape of the deflector I chose would work best.
Must put that post back in to prevent ball traps from Sanitarium above.
Any deflector, scoop, etc. Is going to get smacked ALOT being so close to the flippers as in this design ( Tron, Xmen come to my immediate mind).
Given Halloween uses a deflector, not a scoop, definitely needs to absorb the hit, and send the ball into the hole, where a scoop is more of a guide to absorb the hit via a path, then of course launches it back out.

Oh ok. Thank you so much for the information. Otherwise how are you enjoying the game?

#4675 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Play it almost every evening....absolutely love it...a shotmaker for sure ( which Im not great at) and the whole vibe is really awesome.
Im starting and ending my "Pin nights" when I get to play...different than anything else in the lineup ( you can see mine). Very worthy of a keeper imho

I played it on location early on, played a CE #10. So of course very early code. I am not a Halloween fan and haven’t seen the movie yet (born in 1971)). Pin is for my wife and kids, but I really enjoyed it, a lot!

I had no idea how they would translate horror to a pin, and boy did they. The artwork in person is awesome and the light show was great. Only thing I didn’t like is the flimsy deflector by targets and the knife. But that’s just minor gripes.

I will watch Halloween before #481 arrives. Got me email last week so hopefully hear something soon. Can’t wIt to unbox it.

< blockquote cite="#6864855">Totally a keeper for me too. Besides the theme being amazing… I think it’s easy to understand. I have sterns that still confuse me on what I need to do half the time.

I have and love AIQ and GZ, and I do get lost on what to shoot. But damn it is fun. EHOH is definitely one you are shown were to shoot. Love that game.

I think Halloween will be sought after later and some of those who bailed early on will regret it. Unfortunately many thought they would flip it early on or FOMO hit.

#4676 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

About to ship out my Halloween and wondering if I need to detach the topper since it seems so fragile. Any tips appreciated!

If you remove it I would buy some soft foam and bubble wrap it. Box it up then. If it’s being shipped with legs on would try to put it in the cabinet wrapped up and taped down with packing tape.

But I don’t have the pin yet and not sure if the topper will fit in the cabinet.

#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No.
I think they refused to replace / repair you ACNC because you are a whining assed bitch.
The fact that you got hosed trying to flip a few of their games for profits is merely gravy.

I wish I could upvote this more than once. You get the mic drop of the day award. Well played!

#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No.
I think they refused to replace / repair you ACNC because you are a whining assed bitch.
The fact that you got hosed trying to flip a few of their games for profits is merely gravy.

D896F3B7-3A01-4BB0-A35D-8B7CBE606FC9 (resized).jpegD896F3B7-3A01-4BB0-A35D-8B7CBE606FC9 (resized).jpeg
#4703 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I beg to differ... What does it say at the bottom of your last post in that thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/32#post-6830216

Guess he has memory issues.

537F24DF-1760-4955-A282-B89B88DE6404 (resized).jpeg537F24DF-1760-4955-A282-B89B88DE6404 (resized).jpeg
#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All over Facebook too. If there were a Twipy for “most tenacious troll” he would win hands down. He’d also win “most butthurt flipper”

Yeah I see him there also. Doesn’t he over hype games that he has that he is selling if I remember correctly? And charges a lot for them also?

#4711 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Has anyone figured out the code update using a Mac? I don’t have a PC. Spooky said if I attempt the code update on a Mac, I could have to have the whole game reloaded. I rather not do that but the game needs code desperately. Could someone tell me how to update code on a Halloween from a Mac?

You really should get a PC. Or find someone who has one.

1B6843E3-9B97-4AA8-89A2-C4B3ADB2B0A0 (resized).jpeg1B6843E3-9B97-4AA8-89A2-C4B3ADB2B0A0 (resized).jpeg

#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You really should get a PC or find someone who has one.
[quoted image]

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quiet in here .

The silence is deafening

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

P,ll

Less bitching!

Was talking about the thread being quiet. I seemed to wake you up apparently.

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

We definitely got slowed down for a bit as we were waiting to receive boards. But we never stopped building games throughout that time and have finally got them in. A massive amount of games are being cleared and heading out the door now!
Thank you for your patience everybody.
Hoping to see everyone at MGC and Pinfest in the next upcoming weeks.

What number are you up to that you expect to ship out soon? Thanks for the update!

#4737 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong answer, but I see where you are coming from.

Not a wrong answer. You felt the need to reply stop bitching with an exclamation point.

#4766 1 year ago

SpookyLuke what number will you be up to with this latest round of machines when they all ship?

#4782 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm not sure the exact total but I know we have over 200 built that will be getting boards installed then QC then shipped in the next 2 weeks! After that we should stay on a 40 a week schedual and hopefully wrap the build up this year yet! Something could always come up but the way it looks now we should be in good shape to get done late fall!

Awesome! Thank you so much. I am #481 and hopefully I made it in this lot. Halloween is for my wife. She has been going through a bunch of health problems and she’s so excited to get her pin as am I and my kids.

This will really cheer her up. Appreciate the update so much. Have a good weekend!

#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Anyone know if there is a flyer for this game?
Can’t seem to find one.

Won’t be any flyer. Stern doesn’t ship the game with a flyer either. I buy mine through pinball life. Not sure if or where you can buy a HWN flyer.

#4818 1 year ago

Still waiting for Nitro to send me my invoice for 481

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

481 was purchased through Spooky, by me originally. Nitro has nothing to do with it unless it was sold back to them eventually? Check your spam folder for a morgan/spooky email

I did not receive any email from Morgan. Tommy from nitro said he was going to send the invoice tomorrow. I emailed Morgan also. Thanks again for swapping with me. My wife and kids can’t wait.

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Haven't played with it yet. It is well built and easy to install. Only blocks front of the clear house. I'm going to adjust brightness down a bit. I did wash coat the roof a bit to give it some color.

Can you post a pic and what type of paint and color did you use?

#4859 1 year ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I use a lot of citadel for my 3D prints. Good paint. I only used a little bit of each and smoothed over with my fingers.[quoted image]

Ok thanks. Appreciate it.

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I might put these on.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

The shingles on Amazon is just paper material. Go to hobby lobby and find some material that is close and cut your own. They will be to big for the house mod anyway.

The shingles are for 1:12 scale doll houses. They will be way too big.

#4871 1 year ago

#481 being delivered on Friday! FedEx just called me to schedule. Can’t wait. Now to watch Halloween for the first time. The pin is my wife’s.

#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Congrats, I know you've been waiting for this for a while now.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Can’t wait for my wife to get her pin. She’s so excited as our my kids and me.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice!
Once again, these numbers make no fucking sense

Yeah it’s been kinda all over the place. At least they are getting a bunch shipped finally.

#4906 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

HW 439 in the house. Invoice sunday, shipped Monday, delivered Thursday. Thanks spooky and nitro
[quoted image]

Mine arrives tomorrow 481 non butter. Thanks Tommy from Nitro also!

#4929 1 year ago

481 landed in Phoenix!! Tomorrow get here as fast as you can!

#4953 1 year ago

481 his home. Want to thank Nitro pinball (Tommy) for all he did to make this happen for my wife. She loves it and so does my family.

Some damage to the box. Little damage to the back of the back box. Nothing to horrible to reject shipment. Just used a black paint pen to fill in where the damage was.

Thanks My daughter painted the house mod and pumpkin mod. Looks so much better. Pics of them before and after.

Only had to fix a drop target that was out of alignment. Will add more pics and video after I get the mods in.

Picture with the stock backglass is not mine, just for reference to compare to the BSE backglass I put in.

56BB4E75-4B1D-42B4-938A-CED9B6C377F6 (resized).jpeg56BB4E75-4B1D-42B4-938A-CED9B6C377F6 (resized).jpeg55915291-DDF4-4BB7-97BF-ABB743D92DA9 (resized).jpeg55915291-DDF4-4BB7-97BF-ABB743D92DA9 (resized).jpeg3D4EEBE4-4BA3-4F5B-A75A-4AA328703BC9 (resized).jpeg3D4EEBE4-4BA3-4F5B-A75A-4AA328703BC9 (resized).jpeg66B9F291-430D-4096-ABAE-119527D6F479 (resized).jpeg66B9F291-430D-4096-ABAE-119527D6F479 (resized).jpeg9AA13608-238E-4B81-9411-205B0B70F430 (resized).jpeg9AA13608-238E-4B81-9411-205B0B70F430 (resized).jpegC49856FA-31C7-4C01-AB7B-5B35DE4EEA4C (resized).jpegC49856FA-31C7-4C01-AB7B-5B35DE4EEA4C (resized).jpegAF144E61-9A4F-4638-8E79-96A78AE81190 (resized).jpegAF144E61-9A4F-4638-8E79-96A78AE81190 (resized).jpeg931EB4FB-9AA3-4D12-BF95-C5FA4FDC0D4A (resized).jpeg931EB4FB-9AA3-4D12-BF95-C5FA4FDC0D4A (resized).jpeg6F05FF85-BD08-4CFA-AC6B-E85174B1B8C5 (resized).jpeg6F05FF85-BD08-4CFA-AC6B-E85174B1B8C5 (resized).jpeg217BF7EF-3A94-4F8D-B1CC-867EE8DFB604 (resized).jpeg217BF7EF-3A94-4F8D-B1CC-867EE8DFB604 (resized).jpeg584303DD-E93F-4186-9718-96C8BD764F82 (resized).jpeg584303DD-E93F-4186-9718-96C8BD764F82 (resized).jpegDB83CAAC-9009-464D-9931-16A724CB2A36 (resized).jpegDB83CAAC-9009-464D-9931-16A724CB2A36 (resized).jpegEF396752-23BE-42E9-ADBB-A4507E6CEB20 (resized).jpegEF396752-23BE-42E9-ADBB-A4507E6CEB20 (resized).jpegA71DD25C-EEDD-46A7-95E5-1CC5755AD685 (resized).jpegA71DD25C-EEDD-46A7-95E5-1CC5755AD685 (resized).jpeg302307E5-FFDB-471C-B3DC-C7EE638032B0 (resized).jpeg302307E5-FFDB-471C-B3DC-C7EE638032B0 (resized).jpeg82D7A6EE-9BD3-40BB-8D57-F04BF4811F51 (resized).jpeg82D7A6EE-9BD3-40BB-8D57-F04BF4811F51 (resized).jpeg9C0FA843-96FC-4A78-8AFF-89C5C109BABE (resized).jpeg9C0FA843-96FC-4A78-8AFF-89C5C109BABE (resized).jpeg

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Love the pumpkins leaves. How did she finish them off like that?

Thank you! My daughter did a great job on it and the house. Big improvement to tone down the neon green. She used Acrylic paint. She watered it down when she applied it.

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'll get the info.
It was a friend's that I recast to make it lighter and so that I could paint it differently. This was post-cast and pre-paint.[quoted image]

Would totally buy that!!

#4968 1 year ago

Installed Filament Printing coin reject buttons. They look awesome!

5DC3F485-0533-4B7C-83CF-D34C26DD2AF5 (resized).jpeg5DC3F485-0533-4B7C-83CF-D34C26DD2AF5 (resized).jpeg11A10D0D-1B64-40FF-AA45-8677631F62A9 (resized).jpeg11A10D0D-1B64-40FF-AA45-8677631F62A9 (resized).jpeg0DCA8491-DAF8-41BC-977D-50BE98CD5209 (resized).jpeg0DCA8491-DAF8-41BC-977D-50BE98CD5209 (resized).jpeg9192FCB9-762F-4DF7-83A3-D6AC8814EAFD (resized).jpeg9192FCB9-762F-4DF7-83A3-D6AC8814EAFD (resized).jpeg
#4970 1 year ago

Is this mylar for the scoops? I assume it is, but what about the long strip pieces? Shooter lane??

0CB6794D-FA05-4E7B-BCFA-633C8536D459 (resized).jpeg0CB6794D-FA05-4E7B-BCFA-633C8536D459 (resized).jpeg
#4973 1 year ago

Is this mylar for the scoops? I assume it is, but what about the long strip pieces? Shooter lane??
[quoted image]

Quoted from dnaman:

Scoop yes... unsure about the long ones though. I'm cirious as well.

They are too big for the scoops by the Michaels. And don’t quiet fit the pumpkin scoop.

Surprised this hasn’t been posted or no instructions or documentation from Spooky?

I’m guessing for the drop targets?

Possibly, but what confuses me is there are four of them and the long strips only fit the 3 bank drop targets. Don’t think they are long enough for the shooter lane.
3120DC48-7400-4EAC-B1F8-398BC8B45B15 (resized).jpeg3120DC48-7400-4EAC-B1F8-398BC8B45B15 (resized).jpeg

#4977 1 year ago

Anyone else’s gold paint coming off on the top of the side rail? Already starting to come off where I put my thumb.

#4979 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Come off, or turn dark?

The black under coat is showing and the gold top coat is rubbed off. See before and after pics. I think it was knocked and someone touched it up with gold paint.

53944915-C483-4683-9E2A-C6FFC60EB37F (resized).png53944915-C483-4683-9E2A-C6FFC60EB37F (resized).png6090C76D-8A9D-408D-BE5A-F4F991E66284 (resized).jpeg6090C76D-8A9D-408D-BE5A-F4F991E66284 (resized).jpegE2137D57-4059-4661-9C18-2B0A88E97E48 (resized).pngE2137D57-4059-4661-9C18-2B0A88E97E48 (resized).png

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah plenty of complaints aboot this issue so far

Man that sucks. So much for powder coating. Sad it’s happened already after 75 plays.

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hey guys.. been reading both HW and UM posts. I have UM #10 CE w/ butter. Just loaded 1.06. Code is great. Have a question though. Has anyone played both games? I'm considering swapping my UM for HW. Like the HW theme better, but UM is more limited. Thoughts?

HW is awesome. I haven’t played Ultraman but go with what you would like more. Theme is important and both games are identical layout wise.

I never saw UM growing up or heard of it, so no personal connection to the theme. In the end you have to be happy and because UM is limited doesn’t mean it will be worth a lot. But I don’t have a crystal ball.

In the end of your not fully happy with it and don’t prefer the theme I would move it on.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Um, that’s really small. I don’t want to be “that person”, but…it’s never perfection. That said, Spooky will make it to your expectation.

I just worry about it getting worse is all. I am not complaining, just wondering if someone else was having issues. Just because someone brings up an issue doesn’t mean they are pissed and bashing Spooky.

I love the game and so does my wife and family. I do NOT expect perfection. Just don’t want the powder coating to start rubbing off because it’s sweet with the gold and black.

#4988 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with the right orbit shot not registering when the knife on the playfield is lit up?

I did a switch test and also rolled the ball quick up the right orbit and the switch registered on switch test.

Not sure if it’s a code issue or not.

13BC2C00-BE3F-45D8-AC03-6FFED66B798C (resized).jpeg13BC2C00-BE3F-45D8-AC03-6FFED66B798C (resized).jpeg
#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Another "common" issue yes.

So how do I adjust the switch? Do I bend the wire up then I assume? Thank you for your reply.

#5003 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with the right orbit shot not registering when the knife on the playfield is lit up?
I did a switch test and also rolled the ball quick up the right orbit and the switch registered on switch test.
Not sure if it’s a code issue or not.
[quoted image]

Quoted from TheLaw:

Another "common" issue yes.

Spookyluke said to make the switch sensitive like a hair trigger. I assume I would bend the wire up. Is that the fix?

Or is a magnetic relay switch the better option?

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It gets worse.
[quoted image]

That sucks
Guess I will have to clear coat them with my 2k auto clear coat. Love the powder coating. Wonder what’s happening with the gold coming off?

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

The wire is attached to a short leaf. Make the adjustment at the leaf

Oh ok. Cool. Thank you!!!

#5027 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

i'd bet it isn't coming off... something appears to be oxidizing. I wonder if car polish would help restore the lustre?

It’s not oxidation. The gold came off. See the pics. Before right after I unboxed it first pic, and then an area where the gold has come off were I rest my thump when I play.

I noticed this spot the next day after from it being delivered. Only have around 80 plays on it. I know it’s a small spot but I fear it’s going to get worse. Will add some clear nail polish that my daughter has.

6AABE124-32E9-47EF-A233-7275D1CFF442 (resized).png6AABE124-32E9-47EF-A233-7275D1CFF442 (resized).pngE46EF85E-9FE3-45F8-B4FD-17D85EA542E1 (resized).jpegE46EF85E-9FE3-45F8-B4FD-17D85EA542E1 (resized).jpeg
#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Mine got here today! I will be gushing about it later, but first, a few setup questions.
A. What is the right angle for setting up this table?

I have mine set at 7.5 degrees.

B. Do Spooky Machines come with a coinbox? Mine didn't.

Yes it does.

C. My box with accessories came with a ton of spare switches and parts. Other than tilt bob, balls and legs, that's all the machine needs - right?

Yeah you are good to go.

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#7 at Jackbar is fully black on the lockdown bar and half of the pumpkin rails. This most definitely needs to be addressed. I don’t want to put this game at my location because of this. You think the next buyer down the line would want to buy a game that looks like it’s been to hell and back?

Man that’s horrible. I am thinking about going with a burnt orange powder coating. Looks like it’s inevitable sadly. Thought this would last a lot longer.

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, it’s being looked into but no official solution has been presented as far as I know. The window is closing quickly on a fix for the rest of the builds especially considering that they are packing and shipping over 100 currently

Yeah the window is closing and not sure why the clear coat they put on didn’t help. Must have done a quick thin coat. I am going to clear mine tomorrow. Will remove the side armor tonight. Will use 2k clear.

#5061 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Looking forward to hearing the results on this. Hoping to find a way to keep mine from looking like worn-out trash.

I will definitely keep everyone posted.

#5073 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Never in the history of pinball has anyone had to buy spare armor for a NIB pin. Let's not normalize it.

Exactly! And the replacements will have the same issue sadly. But I sure still love Halloween and impressed with the sound, artwork, topper, and gameplay.

It’s my favorite right now and I keep going back to it, we’ll not now till I clear coat it tomorrow and let it cure for 48 hours.

#5074 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

...because, of course everyone has equipment/PPE lol
btw side armor comes off real easy, no reason to spray it in-place.
Hoping rattlecan clear will be sufficient to protect these parts and still look good...

I would use 2k spray paint clear. It’s auto grade and will hold up better than store brand. A respirator mask from Amazon is not expensive at all.

I used it on a couple playfields for a restoration I did. Here’s the links. Also get a pair of cheap latex gloves. If your going to do it so it right.

Spray Max 2K High Gloss Finish Clear Coat Spray Paint | Car Parts and Repair Refinishing Clear Coat for Permanent Sealing of Coated Surfaces | 3680061 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043B7UQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2EJRMDDTH69Y3CWYVYZC

Reusable Half Facepiece Cover Set For Gas Respirator Painting Welding Woodworking and Other Work Protection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SMCLKPL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_G860E273N70WDG2HJH5W

#5081 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

This is great advice. You don’t need to get a full on respirator for rattle can clear coat - though obviously it’s better protection. It’s required for HPLV though. I would definitely go with a good 3M N95 at a minimum.
Also, don’t forget surface prep - the most underrated part of painting. Rub it down with alcohol and use a microfiber cloth. If you want to go the extra mile, I like this brand quite a bit.
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-pre-painting-prep.html
The last three years have taugh all of us to appreciate our lungs more, no?

Of course you definitely have to clean it first. But I would be hesitant to use any commercial prep cleaner. Risk of possible removing more of the gold.

I will spray some electrical contact cleaner on it most likely. Then I will spray the 2k clear.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

What I find interesting is that there is focus and concern on the hammered powder coat and zero on the dimpling playfield. I would gladly take the hardware issue and even pay for the fix myself over a dimpling playfield ANY DAY. You can't fix a dimpling playfield which is why I was trying to get a protector for my ACNC prior to playing but had no support to try and get an outline file to have one made and with HW, Sebastian was simply not able to make one work properly due to the PF layout. I have ~$30K into two pins here and both have heavy dimpling (less than 40 plays in and even had a large/increasing one on my sanitarium drop from the house PF) yet others simply say 'suck it up, it's just pinball'.

At least the dimpling isn’t as bad than CGC, at least with my experience I had when I had MBr. That was bad, but yes I had dimples already show up on my Halloween after the first day. Definitely sucks.

#5089 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just a thought about the wear/discoloration on the powdercoat.
Why not just apply mylar temporarily to protect the finish until a solution is realized? Seems easier than clear coating for protection.

Don’t care for the look of mylar on it and if you decide to take it off you have the risk of pulling off the gold paint.

Clear coating provides the best aesthetic protection in my opinion. Not that difficult to just apply the clear coat, for me anyway.

#5106 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Great perspective, I have decided to stick with the original decals (And spend my 1k on a pinsound kit).
My game is coming up soon! I'm in the 530’s I believe.
I originally felt hopeful that a lot of these issues would be cleared up by now but seeing this powder coat issue has me worried along with the other quality control issues I keep reading about.
I'm a Spooky fan and this is a dream theme for me! Here's to hoping everything works out in our favor!

Do not waste your money. The speakers, subwoofer, and amp are awesome in it. You would be a fool to upgrade the speakers let alone spending a grand on them.

#5107 1 year ago

Started spraying the 2k clear. DO NOT use and prep cleaner. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner which is pretty much aerosol isopropyl alcohol and evaporates and leaves no residue.

Went to wipe to make sure dry and some of the gold and black powder coat came off. See pics. If any clear was applied it was very little.

The amount of powder coating seems pretty thin. I attached pics were it rubbed completely off where the lockdown bar makes contact.

Whoever did the powder coating should pay to have them done correctly. Sure looks like it was rushed with very little or no clear coat(not saying it’s fact), but sure looks like it.

Not happy where more gold and black powder coat came off. Looks worse in sunlight but damn.

02C8116C-489F-43DF-9FFB-B452B44C5858 (resized).jpeg02C8116C-489F-43DF-9FFB-B452B44C5858 (resized).jpeg43538246-0DC3-4C06-A2C5-6D56A8E4917E (resized).jpeg43538246-0DC3-4C06-A2C5-6D56A8E4917E (resized).jpegA3A36CE4-E144-4D7B-BD36-0983CE937879 (resized).jpegA3A36CE4-E144-4D7B-BD36-0983CE937879 (resized).jpeg25800EF2-BBA9-41BE-BC01-1B3FE9F744A2 (resized).jpeg25800EF2-BBA9-41BE-BC01-1B3FE9F744A2 (resized).jpeg8444A2D0-3937-4633-9568-A66D19018493 (resized).jpeg8444A2D0-3937-4633-9568-A66D19018493 (resized).jpeg

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

The pinsoud will be for my Dracula LOL.

Oh ok. But you can get get sound for a lot cheaper. Seems like a lot of money to put into a Dracula. You can get a decent set of speakers, subwoofer, and an amp for much less than grand. But it’s your money. Goodluck with whatever route you go.

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Wow, I’m curious how much the 2k clear will even help if the base it is being applied to is so unstable.

Yeah I shall see. I will let you know how it holds up. I should know after a week or so. Going to let it cure. I wasn’t using the 2k for anything so decided to use it before it goes bad.

If it doesn’t I will be going with a burnt orange metallic then. Really a shame this powder coating is not holding up. That’s the whole point of it, durability and longevity.

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

So basically I was referring to the kit which also includes the speakers for $849.95. (pinsound, shaker motor, speakers, etc.)
Is there a set of better quality speakers/sub for a lower price available somewhere? If so let me know.
The Dracula pinsound upgrade is Amazing! (Youtube it if interested).
“Seems like a lot of money to put into Dracula”
There is a “cult following” on Pinside for the Dracula pinball machine for a reason.
Don't sleep on it. [quoted image]

Oh that’s a nice kit. Comes with a shaker also. That’s cool. I stand corrected.

#5142 1 year ago

Getting ready to try and fix the right orbit switch and left. How did you guys bend it in order to get the hair like trigger fix? Or just go with MRS and be done with it? Thanks for the help!

C363ED4F-B892-452C-B147-6F15A3175128 (resized).jpegC363ED4F-B892-452C-B147-6F15A3175128 (resized).jpeg
#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just bend it and test it...again...and again

Bend up or down or a combination of both?

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You probably want to bend it more up & towards the middle of the lane so the ball is more likely to hit it.
But also, make sure the metal that actually hits the microswitch is close to switch.

Thanks my friend! Really appreciate it. I ordered MRS from Matt but will adjust it till they arrive. Thanks for the help.

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

I definitely recommend the monitor settings that someone else posted, 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. The settings are on the back of the lcd. I was thinking about getting the monitor upgrade that has been suggested, but changing the settings really improved things, it’s not necessary to get a new display IMO.

Definitely helped for sure. Cheaper fix than a whole new display.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So just got word my machine is coming on Friday. Have we determined that I should buy the 2k clear and coat the lockdown bar before playing?
What are everyone’s thoughts on how to handle this situation?

Outside of having it power coated then yes use the 2k. I did multiple coats with one can. Todays the first day of playing so will have to update and see how it holds up.

#5160 1 year ago

Love the house mod. Here’s a video of it.

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I just wear a pair of gloves when I play. It prevents the oils from my hands from marring the finish. I just use the same cheap nitrile gloves I use whenever I'm working in my games.

Sorry but that’s not a practical fix for me. I do not want to have to put gloves on every time I play or expect my wife and kids to do. 2k max Clear coat is a more viable and cheap solution.

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen one in person yet, but my god those LED's make it hard to even see whats going on in the house.

It’s not as bad in person. The video makes it seem worse than it is.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Did you use the gloss or the matte?

I used gloss.

USC SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082LJMC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_T4KK417KC3PVKW0X2GNR

#5173 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Kind of skimpy and cheap, but soft and looks sick in the dark! Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch Bed Lightweight Plush Fuzzy Cozy Soft Halloween Horror Movie Blankets and Throws 50"X40" amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I was debating on getting that. I bought the Halloween tapestry on Amazon but it’s so thin it doesn’t stay on the glass very well. Looks good! Thanks for posting.

#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You can sew little pockets on the back of just about anything and slip some magnets in there to grab on the rails. Towels, Tapestries, Canvas...all works fine.

Ok thanks! Will have my wife do that.

#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Another example here, have 4 magnets sewn in with fabric between them & the machine to keep in place. Have custom theme towels on each of my games. Allows me to tuck my pinball games to bed when I'm done.

Where did you order them from? Looks great.

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I used personalization mall.

Awesome. Thank you!

Quoted from mrclean:

I used "Sky Mall", for this travel pillow...
[quoted image]

Will check them out also. Appreciate it.

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I ordered all the beach towels (can get blankets too) from FineArtAmerica.com
2202 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405
You can choose from dozens of designs for each topic you search for. Suppose to be from independent artists and I like the idea of supporting the "little guy".

Awesome. Thank you!

#5200 1 year ago

I am at a freaking loss right now. My hand with knife for the topper fell off. I have used 1/16”, 5/24”, 3/32”, 1.5mm, and 2mm Allen wrenches to tighten the two screws down that hold it in place.

None work and can’t tighten the damn thing down. Outside of using some obscure size, I am at a loss.

9B0EEDDC-73AA-43FD-839D-A86EED538D47 (resized).jpeg9B0EEDDC-73AA-43FD-839D-A86EED538D47 (resized).jpeg
#5204 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's. 050 and only 1 setscrew holds it to the shaft.[quoted image]

Thank you! My wife found the size I need luckily in the junk drawer. There are actually two screws that hold it to the shaft. Now to figure out what position to place it back on to. Does it matter?

#5207 1 year ago

Well found the problem with my knife and probably why it came off. The knife is getting hitting the mounting plate. The chrome on the knife is rubbed off.

No matter how I adjust it it still hits it. Is the knife supposed to be loose? The nut that goes onto the screw that goes through the hand that was on it was loose and I couldn’t tighten it down.

Here is a video of the problem. Sorry quality sucks but YouTube makes short videos low res apparently.

#5209 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The nut is loose on the bolt that goes through the hand so it can freely hang as the motor turns. Yes the chrome rubs off as the knife drags on the opening as it goes past bottom stroke.

Sucks they didn’t make enough clearance for the knife. Or add something soft so it didn’t scrape against the metal. I added a piece of electrical tape so hopefully more on the knife won’t rub off. It’s working ok otherwise. Appreciate the reply.

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from Mkvgti:

Alright guys, new owner of #611 pre-order spot. This will be my first pin and I'm on the fence for ordering the butter cab. Can any current owners provide some wisdom - is the $1k upgrade worth it for a darker themed cab?

I did not go butter and I do not have any issues. With going butter, if you scratch your artwork your screwed. Unless you have a display room shrine for Halloween and it will be your only pin and no chance on getting scratched, guess you can go butter, but like many it’s going with other pins and you won’t see the side art.

Personally I say no to butter. Especially for $1k more plus the delay on getting your game. Unless it’s in a bright room you won’t notice the gloss from the clear.

Be more worried about the side armor and lock down bar. The gold paint comes off. Put the money towards clear coating it. I used 2k max high gloss clear coat or take them somewhere to be done.

The gold paint started coming off where my family and I rest our thumbs. I used one can and did multiple coats. I provided a link on Amazon where to buy the clear and a respirator max.

Do not prep it with any prep paint cleaner, it will remove paint. I used electrical contact cleaner to get any skin oils off and wipes it and gold and black paint came off.

The powder coater apparently did not put enough clear coat on to protect it.

Otherwise I love the pin and it’s all I have been playing since I got well over a week ago.

#5258 1 year ago

If anyone is having issues with the pumpkin coming loose I added half inch wide electrical tape and wrapped it around the socket. Went around twice and now it’s holding so far and not coming loose.

D9B7B563-40E0-43BE-8ABD-3863BC0AF65B (resized).jpegD9B7B563-40E0-43BE-8ABD-3863BC0AF65B (resized).jpeg
#5275 1 year ago

The best solution is to remove the socket from the equation altogether. I thought Spooky might have implemented the change but I guess the parts in question were already assembled. The longest part of me doing this modification was getting the flasher out of the pumpkin. Adding the new flasher SDM and little platform didn't take long at all.
[quoted image]

Adding electrical tape was easier than disassembling it and I have the vine mod for the pumpkin so unfortunately don’t want to get rid of the socket. Yours is definitely the best solution, but I like the look of mine. Hopefully it holds up with the electrical tape.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yesterday HE came home... and THEY all signed
Thanks for this great game!! & shout out to all of the Spooky Crew!!
[quoted image]

That’s cool. How did you get that? Did you go butter?

#5285 1 year ago

Same here. Mine has been flawless with the exception of my powder coating coming off. Which does bug me….
I’ll probably be having mine recoated at some point

Can you post a pic? I sprayed mine with 2k max before it got bad.

0E3E97F0-27FD-46AF-BDFF-5BF1D857CBCB (resized).png0E3E97F0-27FD-46AF-BDFF-5BF1D857CBCB (resized).png
#5294 1 year ago

Question. Why is there monkey sounds in the game? I haven’t seen the movie yet, but hopefully this coming week.

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Well... left upper flipper not working mystery solved. [quoted image]

Oh wow!! Did that happen out of the box or after a few plays?

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Because Michael owns a monkey named bubbles, everyone knows that.

I have not seen the movies and and my daughters boyfriend loves Halloween and did not know that. Could do without the smart ass comment btw. Not everyone knows that btw.

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's a girl whimpering not monkey sounds.

Sure sounds like a monkey to me and family lol. Even they said why is there a monkey whimpering.

5947B5DE-9E4B-4AA5-95BD-65207A5BBEC8 (resized).jpeg5947B5DE-9E4B-4AA5-95BD-65207A5BBEC8 (resized).jpeg
#5335 1 year ago

It’s hard to get a decent pic. But I can physically feel it coming off to the touch.
Not sure what I can do at this point.
Mine has played perfectly. This has been my only issue. [quoted image]

You could try to get some testers gold paint that people use for models to touch up the areas where it has rubbed off. Then buy some 2k max clear coat and spray the side armor and lock down bar.

https://www.michaels.com/testors-metallic-enamel-paint/10060872.html?r=g&cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_Shopping_US_N_Craft+%26+Hobbies_N_Smart_BOPIS_N-_-&Kenshoo_ida=&kpid=go_cmp-9972406265_adg-99939223639_ad-433378147590_pla-1354477352600_dev-m_ext-_prd-10060872&gclid=CjwKCAjwjZmTBhB4EiwAynRmD9GB5Am3gVTXlvDuVJN76OaW3c6pt9htlcxseXzWSm00S9wULYeHYhoCbnYQAvD_BwE

#5389 1 year ago

If so, here is the write up:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein#collapse4464
It clearly states that it should be hit with a clear powder for best protection. Spooky is spraying them with clear coat which isn’t the same. The manufacturer recommends PSS-2974 for a top coat. It is an automotive grade clear powder. Put that on the armor and I think the problem is fixed.
[quoted image]

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

#5390 1 year ago
Quoted from pooyabee:

Mine came in flawless with zero issues as well. #351. I love this game. It's not leaving anytime soon.

Neither is ours. It’s my wife’s so I would go before she would let Halloween go lol.

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

How long did you let your lockdown bar sit after spraying?

Just 24 hours

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

A little $20 mod...
And I changed out the LED bulbs along the back, replacing one of the red bulbs with an amber bulb. I think it adds a bit more color, especially to the art work on the back wall.

What does the front of the house look like? Having the power cord showing like that would drive me nuts.

#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

There is no front, just the roof.
And the "power cord" is for the optical sensor on the bridge. Can't do much about it.

Bummer. Nice cheap mod.

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Do you think spooky will send everyone new side rails that are done correctly? Or are we s.o.l

I vote for SOL. Also the lock down bar. Best solution 2k max clear coat.

#5483 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

The gold on the left side of my lockbar is completely gone. The right side is not far behind. Each rail has black areas that grow in size each day. This, two months after taking ownership.
This is not normal wear and tear. Powder-coating, by definition, is more resistant to damage caused by impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.
The powder-coating that Spooky is providing on these machines is NOT durable, NOT resistant to chemicals (skin oils), and is NOT resistant to corrosion or fading.
Spooky needs to acknowledge the problem and fix it. If they are not going to fix it, they need to say so and not keep silent on the issue.

Pics? Would like to see how bad yours is.And yeah this is not powder coating. It’s supposed to stand up to ware and tear, oils ect. So far no more gold loss after I applied 2k max clear.

#5484 1 year ago

I've been reading a lot about how the gold color is achieved in powder coats. It seems that it is usually a combination of copper and zinc powder. The interesting thing is both metals are cleaned differently. That being said, there is one cleaner that does seem to work on both. It is citrus juice - namely lemon. Anyone brave enough to give it a try and report back?

I used electrical contact cleaner, which is pretty much isopropyl alcohol in a can, and I wiped it and some of the gold and black came off. So I would not use ANY metal prep cleaner if you want to clear coat it.

The side armor is definitely not as protected and sealed like the apron is, at least on mine.

#5492 1 year ago

Sadly this morning just noticed my right side side rail is showing the dreaded black from powdercoat wearing off UGH. I really thought I got lucky as I have over 800 plays now and it makes me not want to play it as I worry it will just get worse and worse.i feel this will be the straw that broke the camels back on this game for spooky as I truly adore this game but not everyone agrees. And I'm a OCD collector that wants my game too look pristine especially being NIB and I wax my games regularly. Such a damn shame.

Your lucky mine started coming off at around 55 plays. Right side worse than left.

#5494 1 year ago

I'm gonna put in a claim this afternoon and will post pictures but sure does not look promising as I see others saying they are not responding to them and they sure have been quiet here lately. Just sucks as this is a truly keeper game for me. And may just rip all the trim off and do a different color powdercoat like orange.

If I go that route I will do burnt orange metallic.

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I have a powder coating oven I use while restoring Porsches. It’s definitely a curing issue.

Like I said before most likely the powder coater rushed them. I still love the pin though and no regrets getting it.

#5525 1 year ago

Well I posted a poll asking if anyone is having issues or not with the gold powder coat. Looks like it’s been deleted. Guess some moderator is a big fan boy and can’t point out anything negative.

What a bunch of crap. I love the game but the gold vein powder coat is a big issue and I wanted to get an idea how widespread it is or not. I didn’t bash spooky at all in that poll. Thanks for the censorship because you didn’t like the truth.

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's still there in the Manufacturer/Spooky forum. Now you have to apologize to the mods
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-powder-coat-issues-with-halloween-ce

I literally deleted my post a few seconds after I found it in my history and yes I will apologize. I apologize. I did a forum search and it wasn’t there.

I am apologizing not because you told me to btw. It’s the right thing to do since I replied so fast to my post.

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nothing has been deleted.

Again I apologize. I did a forum search and it wasn’t there. I jumped the gun and deleted my post a few seconds after I found my poll post.

1 week later
#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

#576 came in today. Box had a few big gashes which left some scrapes (not scratches) on the back of the head and one under the cabinet. Not the end of the world. What is stopping me so far from finishing setting it up is the topper. The knife was loose but still sticking out of the head, with an arm coming off it which I assume attaches to the pole on the motor on the topper to make the knife rotate. Except the arm does not attach to this piece. I mean, maybe it does, but it feels like I'd have to force it really hard. The pole off the topper motor has a flat side, while the hole in the arm off the knife is completely round.
[quoted image]
Should there be another piece between the knife arm and the motor pole? Or, now that I see the photo zoomed in, there might be a set screw in that knife arm piece. Maybe that needs to be loosened and then the motor pole will fit in? Thanks. All the hard work was done, many pins moved, just about ready to slide it into place and put the balls in and fire it up and this set me back. I guess I'll just turn off the topper in settings if I can't figure it out or no one has an answer.

Mine fell off also after the first day. Really small Allen key is needed. 0.05”

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

DARK?!? It’s Halloween…pinstadiums would likely suck all the vibe out and slam dunk it into the toilet. This games lighting is one of its strong points for sure.

Pinstadiums on Halloween is like having the lights on when out of shape people have sex, totally kills the vibe.

#5731 1 year ago

Anyone making a shooter lane protector by chance?

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I recommend reading up on safety for 2k and going over board on safety. I wore an N95 mask and goggles but it was not enough, even outdoors. I got one half breath of the fumes in through the mask and it has messed my lungs up a bit. Some mist got through a gap between my gloves and my shirt. That area is now sore and discolored. Long story short… the shit is really nasty so be very careful.

That’s crazy. You must be really sensitive to it. Sprayed it three times and no issues. Sorry you had arough go at it. I just used my respirator and latex gloves.

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

This is my first game so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I took this picture last night. [quoted image]

I like how you painted the Etsy Michael head. Do you have more pics? I didn’t paint mine.

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Where can i find that shooter lane protector? Thanks
Also on the 2k, matte or gloss? I assume gloss but im often wrong

I went with 2k high gloss

#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m actually the second owner of this machine, it came with it. I believe the original owner had a friend paint it for him. I really like how it looks.
[quoted image]

That really does look good. Thanks for posting.

#5810 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Had a friend over this weekend and of the games I own, he enjoyed Halloween the best. Check my lineup and you’ll see some big players.
I will continue to say that in the long run, this game will be sought after no doubt. 1200 only in the world? All the so called “pinball players” that rag on this game but then will say games like rush or led zep are good - gtfo. People that call the shape “Mike” Myers, also have no clue obviously.
Did you guys check out the Buffalo pinball stream recently? I thought those guys got it. They were like wow this game is actually good!

I agree. I am a huge Zeppelin fan and the pin sucked big time for me. Major letdown for me and even my wife and daughters. I am not a Halloween fan and have yet to watch any of the movies, and Halloween is getting the most playtime.

I own GZ, AIQ, and EHOH, and everyone loves Halloween. It’s very unique a blast to play each time. It’s our first Spooky pin and hope they do Scooby so can have a second one.

Powder coat issues a side, we love it and it’s my wife’s and it’s going nowhere. May sell Elvira though now.

#5811 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Okay, I uploaded six more cards without the Halloween logo. That's 18 cards total, so I think I've done my part. I also included more Halloween III stuff, because that movie rocks.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/j4xgjw1elx81rejlhjdwm/h?dl=0&rlkey=pmvbs50mgkjbzyk1obmtasy1g

Damn you did a great job! Going to print most of them. Thank you so much for doing this!!

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Try turning down the volume on the amp pot in the cabinet. Mine came pretty cranked to the point where even at volume level 1 in the software menu it was ear split-tingly loud. That made the hum go way down also.

Definitely mess with the amp. Like yours, mine at level 1 was still loud.

Here’s a pic of the amp they used. This way you don’t have to lift the playfield to see the knobs.

66D99D3A-E88C-4C52-982F-AA9E8E1151F7 (resized).jpeg66D99D3A-E88C-4C52-982F-AA9E8E1151F7 (resized).jpeg
#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Where’s the amp located? Mine buzzes as well.

Write behind the coin box and in front of the subwoofer.It’s the last knob on the right for volume.

24D43555-B283-4C1F-ABBE-1FCB395C4412 (resized).jpeg24D43555-B283-4C1F-ABBE-1FCB395C4412 (resized).jpeg

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

seem to have worked, i will match the amp setting with u guys photos/ thanks

Awesome. Glad it’s fixed for you!

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This makes us more happy to see than I can say! Overall been seeing alot of love for the game lately and alot of happy people enjoying it! If anything comes up don't hesitate to reach out.

All I can say is that my family and I are really loving Halloween. As I have mentioned I have yet to see any of the movies and right now Halloween and Godzilla are my two favorite pins.

I didn’t think you could pull off suspense and horror into a pin, but you really did. You have us such a unique gameplay experience.

Outside of the powder coating issue (I sprayed 2k clear max and so far so good), I am loving our first Spooky pin. Best bang for my buck. Just do Scooby and life will be complete for my wife and I lol.

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yeah, I kinda figured that. But I also know me... And if I put it in the lineup and start flipping it, I wont get to the CC before the wear begins. It will be better for me to immediately take off the armor and CC it once it arrives today. Then I will let it dry for 24 hours and hopefully never have to worry about it again. I can play it Saturday for the first time. Ive been waiting for 4 weeks while the shipping company screwed around. As long as it arrives undamaged today, I can wait 1 more day.

Also do the lockdown bar. Better safe than sorry and it you have the armor off just spray the lockdown bar also. One can of 2k is enough to do multiple coats.

#5900 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have number CE61 and received it before Halloween last year. the wear didn't start showing until late March.

You got lucky. Mine started after 50 plays.

#5910 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Just be careful with the 2k as the label states potability has a 36 hour shelf life once the 2nd stage (bottom actuator) is introduced, which I had to balance against letting the initial application dry/cure. This thread I believed mentioned to be careful and let ~48hrs pass between coats. My 2nd application about 36hrs after the 1st worked just fine. I'm very pleased with the results on my HW, ACNC and RAM lock bars.

You only have to wait 5 minutes between coats. There is no way you have to wait 36 hours between coats. It cures in 24 hours.

If you spray another coat after it cures it will not adhere to the first coat. The clear is only good for 48 hours once you activate it.

Do NOT wait 36 hours between coats.

#6034 1 year ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

The fact that there are still people flipping preorder spots for these for less than 50% off could be the best deals on pinside right now…. Looking at the market and seeing a tspp for 9k … also a great game no offense … and a 2k preorder spot for 700… total cost 7700+ shipping… absolute steals in this market…can’t wait until people catch on that this is a huge sleeper hit…

I think they will be sorry. We love Halloween. Many thought it would be an easy flip since R&M is going for big money. You can’t judge any pin on early code. Look at Stranger Things.

#6104 1 year ago

Who ever got the house mod with pumpkin vine my daughter can paint them for $75, that includes return shipping in the continental USA.

8403E2C7-480C-4E99-A30D-FDCD4CC78D99 (resized).jpeg8403E2C7-480C-4E99-A30D-FDCD4CC78D99 (resized).jpegA3372928-A985-43AB-BCB4-F037E4D65FA1 (resized).jpegA3372928-A985-43AB-BCB4-F037E4D65FA1 (resized).jpeg6A9040DA-5631-4393-8AF4-D5EB4511CA9B (resized).jpeg6A9040DA-5631-4393-8AF4-D5EB4511CA9B (resized).jpegED0946F2-DA7B-4ECD-BAD9-142BEDC671ED (resized).jpegED0946F2-DA7B-4ECD-BAD9-142BEDC671ED (resized).jpegBFE065FA-6916-4BCA-A8BB-B724BB657234 (resized).jpegBFE065FA-6916-4BCA-A8BB-B724BB657234 (resized).jpeg231140FA-BF4D-4903-A977-8FC40120AECA (resized).jpeg231140FA-BF4D-4903-A977-8FC40120AECA (resized).jpegA52CB1D5-A358-42D8-A71A-11E8577320C8 (resized).jpegA52CB1D5-A358-42D8-A71A-11E8577320C8 (resized).jpeg
#6115 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Nice work, they look great!

Thank you. She does amazing work.

#6141 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's really cool getting her involved and it looks like she does great work. Kudos to her
I am on the list for the house mod and am looking forward to getting it
Got my sidewalk sticker installed and it was interesting finding the best way to apply and trim. I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

Thank you. She is more talented in painting than I am. If you want it painted when you get it lmk. One will be sent to her to do. Definitely looks much better in person and way better than just the plain grey roof as is. She’s great at weathering it.

#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's really cool getting her involved and it looks like she does great work. Kudos to her
I am on the list for the house mod and am looking forward to getting it
Got my sidewalk sticker installed and it was interesting finding the best way to apply and trim. I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

Thank you. I am very proud of her. I scrapped my sidewalk sticker unfortunately. I don’t mind though, the metal ramps look really nice.

#6156 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I followed up with Spooky last week and they told me they feel they have a fix but they gave no indication as to how soon that fix will be implemented.

It’s most likely getting a better powder coater. No fix for us who already have our pins other than 2k clear coat. After a few weeks mine is holding up nicely.

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The danger with 2k is it contains cyanide (isocyanates) so recommended is really an air fed breathing apparatus not just a filter. Causes asthma in a lot of body shop workers I guess…

That’s over kill. Unless your using it everyday, being outside or in a well ventilated area you are fine. Don’t spread disinformation on something you are ignorant on.

2k does not say you need a air fed breathing apparatus. Majority of people are not working in a body shop spraying clear coat everyday in a body shop in a sealed room. Hence why directions say wear a respirator and spray in a well ventilated area.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Thanks for that Allen size. My blade fell off and I thought it was missing the set screw but it’s just really tiny

Grab some loctite to keep the knife in place. Mine kept falling off a lot. I put some on and over a week now it’s staying on. It would fall off every couple days depending on how much we played.

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey thanks, just needed to tighten it with the axel wrench.

I would get some loctite. Mine got loose every couple of days and would fall off. With a 0.05” allen ket it’s really hard to get a good amount of torque on it to tighten it down. So far after 5 days it’s still on and not fallen off.

#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

It is probably overkill for someone doing a small job outside but it wasn’t really disinformation: https://www.hse.gov.uk/mvr/bodyshop/myths/myth3.htm
I do realize they are talking about body shops and I said so. I thought about going farther to say “outside with an infrequent small job you probably don’t have to worry much” but I figure thats more of a judgement call that you can make when you have the facts. I had bought 2k with plans to clear coat a cabinet outside with a respirator, but now my lungs are pretty screwed up so I probably won’t chance it (covid not isocyanates, lol)
The main take away is this isn’t normal spray paint, understand what your working with and be careful.

Well you must not have had it on well or had a bad respirator. If done properly your not going to get messed up lungs from one spray unless you took it off in an enclosed space and it didn’t air out. Sorry but I don’t believe it. You have other lung issues.

People with normal lungs and using a respirator in a ventilated open area outside will not screw up their lungs. I have been using spray paint since the 70’s when we didn’t have all these OSHA standards and my dad brought home asbestos from work and his lungs were not shot.

I also went to school with asbestos and lead paint. If you want to buy an air fed respirator then do it for yourself but do not tell people they should use one. If it was needed the directions would state it.

So you ARE spreading disinformation and can live in fear post covid.

#6266 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Halloween beeps blowing the middle fuse on the left row of fuses . 3v Solenoid switch . Spooky unusually slow to respond . Don’t see any bad wires . Any suggestions ?

[quoted image]

Switch to a 5a slow blow fuse.

#6289 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Holy crap! I was having the game of a lifetime and then the Sanitarium flipper seized up. I thought it was part of some awesome coding, but then smoke started to spill out from the middle PF!!! Killed power ASAP (there goes my high score) and flipped the PF up. The coil is completely seized up and was hot enough to burn skin. The blue coil wrapper is visually burnt (albeit slightly). Yikes! Now I have a $10,000 paper weight and my pin room smells like burn plastic/electronics.

Serious short somewhere.

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s what happens on mine 9/10 times…if it rolls slowly past the left spinner that’s it. Slow crawl to the drain. Also, one good buttpretzle hardly ever brings the ball back to the flipper. Any suggestions on how to better set this playfield up would be great.

That coil definitely locked on. Can you get the plunger out of the coil? The coil sleeve will be toast also.

#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Label started to burn. I wonder why no fuse popped? It’s a bummer this happens on the long weekend, but I’m sure spooky will help me out on Tuesday. The game is very fun, but with issues like this I am less thrilled about the purchase.[quoted image]

Can you get the plunger out of the coil? The coil sleeve and coil unfortunately will be shot. There has to be a short somewhere. Usual causes are an old coil that fails (not your case), coil wired wrong (would have happened when immediately turned on the first time), or an issue on the driver board with a bad transitor.

Is there a diode on spooky coils? I don’t remember if my HWN has them.

#6360 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Butthurt. It is Strong with you.
Sorry to hear about your flip, Bro.

#6405 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

We were getting 100% rejects on the scoop and it was insanely frustrating.
Made this scoop hood from PETG and the majority of direct shots from the flipper now actually go in the scoop [quoted image][quoted image]

Interested in seeing how long it holds up.

#6418 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

First time I ever had to refuse something, thanks alot R&L Carriers.
[quoted image]

Was the cabinet damaged? My box was damaged A lot more than yours,but only a couple of spots with minor damage on the cabinet. I didn’t refuse shipment.Plus the areas that we’re scratched are not visible because it’s on the back. I touched it up with a sharpie and it’s against my wall so wasn’t a problem for me.

I would have inspected and not refused shipment. It was probably fine.
694A18CC-0F52-4374-B830-D34E1345C016 (resized).jpeg694A18CC-0F52-4374-B830-D34E1345C016 (resized).jpeg9A19E835-9F87-4F7D-8ABA-88ABDFC846F5 (resized).jpeg9A19E835-9F87-4F7D-8ABA-88ABDFC846F5 (resized).jpegCC2A2CFF-92FC-4FC5-978F-D1703504503F (resized).jpegCC2A2CFF-92FC-4FC5-978F-D1703504503F (resized).jpegEB3D42B4-3400-4E89-BF7B-3D68115D727A (resized).jpegEB3D42B4-3400-4E89-BF7B-3D68115D727A (resized).jpeg

#6432 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I wasn't home but the driver advised me to refuse it and even told me to tell spooky to use another shipper. I paid 10,000 there is not way I am touching up anything, game should be perfect. No excuse for a palletted machine to have holes punchered in the sides. Poor workers that don't care about quality just want a paycheck.

Well as long as your willing to wait. It was probably fine. You still should have inspected it before refusing it. Most people would have.

And now your going to have to wait for spooky to get it, inspect it like you should have and then ship it out again. There was no reason not to inspect it and to listen to the driver. You could have easily looked inside.

That was a big mistake.

#6433 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sorry to see this. My Mando le was damaged. Sucked. My cabinet was scraped. How bad was the damage? My LOV is coming in a couple weeks. Starting to pray! The moving companies are terrible now a days!

He did not even look. Delivery guy said to refuse it and he did.

#6434 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My box with R&L also had some damage, but the game was perfectly fine.

That’s why he should have inspected it and not send it back. Spooky really packages the hell out of it.

#6479 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Clear plastic bridge over the drop targets broke on the right side and is hanging down. I’m assuming it’s required to protect the drops from air balls and can’t just be removed. Is it common enough that I need to figure out a way to beef this up from happening again in the future?
[quoted image]

How many plays on it before it broke?

#6562 1 year ago

My daughter painted the house mod for a fellow pinsider. Shipped out today. Before and after pics.

DFFFDED0-0065-48C0-962D-EEEB3C965834 (resized).jpegDFFFDED0-0065-48C0-962D-EEEB3C965834 (resized).jpegF26854BE-AFF4-4042-A6E3-3F22AFDF8ACE (resized).jpegF26854BE-AFF4-4042-A6E3-3F22AFDF8ACE (resized).jpeg
#6567 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Absolutely! I had a blast doing these and that is why I did it, there was no money made in the end but fortunately that is not what drives or interests me or I would never do any of these things. I do have a couple of things for HW almost finished per some of my older posts. I will email those who mentioned being interested. Shipping costs are the big problem now a days so I won't make more than a handful of what is in progress. Believe it or not people had said that my Tower of Terror at $120 shipping into the US was 'too expensive'. We have someone in this HW club who's daughter is offering to paint someone else's mod for $75 and you pay shipping to/from. I'm not saying that it isn't worth it but just using this as a comparison to my full custom sculpt/resin/paint. With all due respect, this is why I don't seek out making mods. People spend 10-15K on a pin and some complain about $120 full custom resin mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture

That’s MY daughter and if you can paint it yourself go right ahead. She makes the house look so much better. The price for $75 includes painting the pumpkin vine also and that includes return shipping. Makes the house not look like a 3D plastic toy with no depth.

So glad you felt the need to mention my daughter. For the price for her skill set its more than fair. Hire an artist to do custom painting for you on the cheap. It’s not like 3D printing something and actually requires some God given skill.

9FD9E137-6187-432B-B08D-D027850BB63C (resized).jpeg9FD9E137-6187-432B-B08D-D027850BB63C (resized).jpegD9A7B7AD-B0FC-4653-8515-05A105D92680 (resized).jpegD9A7B7AD-B0FC-4653-8515-05A105D92680 (resized).jpeg
#6593 1 year ago

Love on TS4 thread before the launch, they were ragging on Spooky for making their deposit non refundable, so guess what JJP did with their deposits, non refundable.

Also dealers are charging for transfer of deposits. They said Halloween/Spooky is garbage. JJP actually used cake topper figures for their game.

#6693 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

My wife and I played Halloween at the Pinball Palace in Brunswick, GA Pinballer31520 a month ago. I really enjoyed the layout and only played just enough games to stay excited. I really believe the game experience will only be increased 10 fold in a home environment. On a side note, the Pinball Palace was an amazing location. This was our first visit and we will return for sure. Kelley and Nick were great and made our time even more enjoyable. Our machine arrives Tuesday and I cannot wait! I purchased the house MOD from Vimtoman and in my opinion, believe it will really improve the experience of this game as it fills in a void on the playfield. Since our pin is on the way, I sent our house MOD to BallyKISS1978 to have his daughter age (paint) the house and make it more fitting. Just received it back and she hit the nail on the head. It looks perfect now and will fit into the game so much better. Anyone who purchases this MOD should really consider using Ballykiss's daughter to improve the MOD even more. The next few days will be killer until Tuesday as this was a dream theme for my wife and I!

So glad your happy with the paint job on your house. I am so proud of her. She definitely does great work and really improved the house. Really appreciate your kind words. My daughter will be very happy to hear you liked it.

#6698 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Don't waste your time. He attacks and downvotes anyone that challenges his narrative or says anything critical of HWN/UM. It's obnoxious enough that it's actualy making me dislike this game more.

So someone’s comments is making you dislike the game more???? Ok

#6717 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agree 100%! Not to mention there's only one Mike Meyers. It's so dumb seeing 3 pop out at once. This was a very bad idea.

Doesn’t bother me or my wife and kids.

#6718 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In a way, yes. Because for me part of the fun of the new game experience is talking about the game with other enthusiasts on pinside.

You really need to get off pinside if your influenced that much. No matter how much someone hates on steak, I will not start to dislike or hate steak. Kinda weak sauce if you ask me.

1 week later
#6886 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wish it was a quick adjustment it is not. The holes drilled in my upper playfield must be done incorrectly causing this narrowing

No , factory balls that came with the machine
This isn't my fist rodeo with pinball machines kiddos. I guess Ill try the hair dryer technique again, or have my pinball tech make a u shaped wire that fits in there to keep it separated

Hair dryer will not get it hot enough. You need to use a heat gun. The plastic is too thick for a hair dryer. Put heat on the bottom of the piece and move it back and forth constantly.

You can get a heat gun at Harbor Freight for cheap.

#6946 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well ball got stuck again . Now my pumpkin on the bayonet is getting loose too .
Guess I’ll try heat again today it worked for few days and I’m sure that’s the fix
What u guys recommend about the pumpkin ? Every time shaker goes it gets loose
Feels like I’m spending more time on this machine then my heighway alien
Don’t get me wrong my heighway 100% working and flawless now just took a little work to get there

I used 1/4 electrical tape and applied it to the base of the bulb two months ago. Hasn’t come loose yet. I put the tape on the top half of it. Problem solved for me.

#6947 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I decided last night playing that the balls in Halloween look tarnished and beat. I thought this masterpeice deserves better-I am going to order some Silver Jets from Marcos today. I also have to say that the Halloween house mod is one of the best mods ever made. Very innovative with the adjustments in back and it fits the machine like it was meant to be there. Very happy with the Halloween house mod. Also a couple people have posted their machines with house mod but no side walk sticker? Need to get the sidewalk sticker to go with house mod

I had the sidewalk sticker and ended up taking it off and not using it. I preferred the look of the ramp without it. Since the right ramp didn’t have a sticker for it, it didn’t like good to me. Just my two cents, I mean 4 cents adjusted for inflation lol.

1 week later
#7083 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

First thing I’m doing is Spray Max 2K’ing those mothers.

A few months with 2k sprayed and still doing well.

1 week later
#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My armor if starting to discolor in areas of contact. I have seen some posts on this, is there a fix? Does Spooky have any way to address it?[quoted image][quoted image]

Need to spray it with 2k clear coat. Spray lockdown bar and side armor.

#7351 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

That was likely me. I had an issue with the original servos and what was termed "Michael creep". What is happening is these servos are receiving micro-pulses of electricity, causing them to slowly creep outwards from behind the bushes. Is was so bad on my machine, that the Michaels were eventually being driven into the bushes where they would stay until I reset them. I eventually had one servo fail completely. That's why there is now code in the software that kicks in when you hit a blood target below a servo; you'll see the Michael servo above the target jump out a bit and then go back in again.
Based on my own research, I felt the OEM servos where pretty crappy. So I replaced all three servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the OEM servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now.[quoted image]

How do the new servos wire plug in? Any difference from the factory one?

#7363 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No difference. They use the same connector (most servos do) and plug right in.

Ok cool. Thank you!!

#7364 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Okay I was hoping Spooky corrected the powdercoat issue but apparently not, huh? #706 inbound

Definitely order some 2k clear coat. I ordered high gloss. Do not use any metal paint prep cleaner. It will take the gold off. Use Ajax dish soap and water. Don’t need much Ajax.

Get a respirator and do it in a well ventilated area. Also some latex gloves. One can will do multiple coats for side armor and lockdown bar.

Depending on temperature wait 4 minutes between each coat. Spray at about 8” away.
I usually do 4 passes on each coat. Wait 4 minutes and do it again.

Might as well use while can because once you activate it you only have 48 hours to use it.

Mine has held up now for a few months with no issue. Also used 2k on a stern Dracula playfield I restored. Sold it to my friend and still holding up fine.

#7367 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How fast do you go across the lockbar when doing each pass? I don't want pooling but I also don't want to have an uneven coat. I've only used this stuff once and I dont' remember if it sprays the same as say, Rustoleum

It sprays the same a rustoleum. So do what you normally do with that. Nice smooth back and forth. Not slow not fast.

#7383 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Printed out Coindropper's free custom Halloween cards- they look fantastic and add a little color to the apron...
I purchase the glossy photo paper from Walmart. I then open image in paint app and drag the page down to make the pdf the correct scale. I wanted them a tad bigger to fit in the holes better so I enlarged them slightly by clicking on resize-dragging over image-then adjusting horizontally and vertically. Also make sure to set your printer for the optimal quality settings for printing. Change paper to high gloss and change output quality to high quality instead of normal.
-Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you print it on? Looks great.

#7452 1 year ago

Another house and vine mod painted by my daughter ready to ship out tomorrow.

4F25F39E-9660-40CC-A1D4-E1845DB8CB8B (resized).jpeg4F25F39E-9660-40CC-A1D4-E1845DB8CB8B (resized).jpeg7AB4C7E0-23C4-4794-987B-A3863483D648 (resized).jpeg7AB4C7E0-23C4-4794-987B-A3863483D648 (resized).jpeg
#7602 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Geez what size is the hex wrench needed for that little screw holding on the topper? My topper slid off while it was going and looks like the screw came loose and theres no real notch for the screw to go into either? Seems like with time this thing is gonna slip off again. My tiniest hex wrench is not even small enough for that tiny screw

You need a 0.05” Allen key.Also get some loctite. If you don’t it will keep coming off. I put it on a few months ago and it’s staying on.

#7662 1 year ago
Quoted from craigolof18:

#1053 BSE checking in! The anticipation is building tremendously as my wife and I are both Halloween fanatics. Already picked up the gorgeous house and leaf mod by Vimtomen and my wife found this life size Michael Myers animatronic to stand next to the pin. Could anyone tell me the length of the butcher knife in the shooter lane on the CE? Thanks!

If you want your house and vines painted by my daughter lmk. She’s done a few and you can search this thread. $76 for both painted and that includes return shipping.

3821DCE4-286B-42F1-932F-568FFF0C7705 (resized).jpeg3821DCE4-286B-42F1-932F-568FFF0C7705 (resized).jpegBAB63FD7-EF2A-4E4F-B258-A4E394A15704 (resized).jpegBAB63FD7-EF2A-4E4F-B258-A4E394A15704 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7799 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

If anyone wants to trade or purchase my Halloween CE-680 , PM. me, Has to be the worst game I have ever Owned, The constant waiting for the ball has worn on me, I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day, why keep a game that isn’t fun!!!!

Worst for sale post I have ever read. Wow.

#7811 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Would you say that Halloween has more maintenance issues/repairs than a Stern or JJP? I’ve never owned a spooky game. Can I order direct from Spooky or are they sold out? The dealer I use is not a Spooky dealer. Anyone in Virginia or close by looking to sell? I’m on the fence w this one, but the more I see of it the more I am convinced I will like it. I’m mainly interested in a NIB. Thanks!

For me no. It’s my first Spooky pin. Unfortunately most pins need adjustments. Especially with Sterns QC as of late. I bought a NIB GOTG and on first play a pop bumper was locked on.

EHOH had a gargoyle target not registering out of the box. My Halloween I had to loosen the screws on the metal flaps because the flaps would not lay flat. And had to fix one of the drop targets.

Unfortunately part of owning pinball. It’s not maintenance free like a video game.

#7881 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:Buy a can of this on Amazon. It is pretty nasty stuff so take care when using it. The product spays very well. I did 3 coats about 25 minutes apart. Used about 3/4ths of the can on just the side armor and the lockbar.
[quoted image]

You only need to wait 5 minutes apart.no reason to wait 25 minutes. The paint needs to be tacky so each coat will stick. Sounds like you sprayed each coat pretty heavy if you did 3 coats and used 3/4 of the can.

Do light coats and wait 5 minutes between each one. This is per 2k instructions. Build up your layers and take your time. Sprayed mine a few months ago and still holding.

2 weeks later
#8578 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

But then you would have that "Halloween" topper and "Halloween" on back glass overload. That's why it's deleted on the CE edition.

I hated the dead space on the backglass so I got the BSE backglass.

86748387-4474-401F-8375-57AD9A7253AD (resized).jpeg86748387-4474-401F-8375-57AD9A7253AD (resized).jpeg
#8579 1 year ago

How many coats ? I ordered a can of SprayMax.

I used the whole can. Once you activate it it’s only good for 48 hours

#8608 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Did you just ask Spooky to buy one?

yeah I emailed Morgan and bought one.

1 week later
#9027 1 year ago
Quoted from VandyOne:

Ok just installed the Vimtoman house mod by https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/vimtoman with the age painting by BallyKISS1978 and it takes this pin to a whole new level. Spooky should have this as part of the CE option. You get Michael Masked, with ghost, Loomis and a pumpkin at the right window entering and leaving Judith’s room.
So way cool !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So glad your happy with my daughters paint job on it! Enjoy!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
362 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballykiss1978. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.