IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 339.
#12501 1 year ago

Hey Spooky, we need to be able to adjust coil flipper power. Pretty basic option that should be included by now.

#12502 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Hey Spooky, we need to be able to adjust coil flipper power. Pretty basic option that should be included by now.

I saw your post on the Scooby thread too.

I think that can be a double edge sword … if you remember the R&M thread, there were troubles when everyone kept cranking the flipper power and overheating the coils.

You also get guys like the one here (pretty sure it was this thread … could be wrong) where he had the back legs cranked right up like an old 90s game - basically making the playfield like 12 degrees lol - he would have been cranking the coils to the max, then moaning “my coils are overheating!”

What flippers on Halloween do you feel need to be more powerful? If everyone else agrees then they can probably up them in the new updates.

rd

#12503 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think that can be a double edge sword … if you remember the R&M thread, there were troubles when everyone kept cranking the flipper power and overheating the coils.
You also get guys like the one here (pretty sure it was this thread … could be wrong) where he had the back legs cranked right up like an old 90s game - basically making the playfield like 12 degrees lol - he would have been cranking the coils to the max, then moaning “my coils are overheating!”
What flippers on Halloween do you feel need to be more powerful? If everyone else agrees then they can probably up them in the new updates.
rd

My flippers are fine on HW, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option for other people or me in the future. I don't want an option taken away just because some didn't know what they were doing in the past, that goes for all basic settings you can adjust. As far as R&M goes, Spooky opened that can of worms by not having the correct bushing length on the flippers from the start.

#12504 1 year ago

Agree… but I’d rather the option be there. This is the case for several other games with this option out there.

Quoted from rotordave:

rd

#12505 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I want to turn them DOWN. The current flipper code is hot garbage.. flippers are set way too strong, then overheat into a soggy mess. You can literally burn your finger touching the plunger after 30min of play. Fans don't even help that much. These are dual-wound coils but adjusting the EOS does nothing. Are they even being driven properly?

Amazing that this request gets immediate attention in the scooby thread, meanwhile I've been asking for it on HWN for months and get crickets.

#12506 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I want to turn them DOWN. The current flipper code is hot garbage.. flippers are set way too strong, then overheat into a soggy mess. You can literally burn your finger touching the plunger after 30min of play. Fans don't even help that much. These are dual-wound coils but adjusting the EOS does nothing. Are they even being driven properly?
Amazing that this request gets immediate attention in the scooby thread, meanwhile I've been asking for it on HWN for months and get crickets.

Not sure what you’re talking about. Settings are good, but your first paragraph is garbage. I just spent 10 days of non-stop play and have no idea what you’re talking about.

#12507 1 year ago

Has anyone found/added mini Jack-o-lanterns to their game? There was someone I saw in the marketplace that made a limited run…just seeing if anyone else was able to source some as I recently got my machine and missed his mod.
Thanks for any heads up!

Kyle

#12508 1 year ago

How about an option to turn down the strength of the shaker motor. I’ve been saying this from day one; it's way too strong, and others have also mentioned it.

#12509 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

How about an option to turn down the strength of the shaker motor. I’ve been saying this from day one; it's way too strong, and others have also mentioned it.

You can adjust the weights on the end of the motor easy enough …. That’ll give you the changes you need.

rd

#12510 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can adjust the weights on the end of the motor easy enough …. That’ll give you the changes you need.

rd

I did this on UM because the original setting was shaking my whole floor. Unplug game, prop up PF, and remove the cover on the shaker. Then use loosen the hex screw on one of the weights and put it opposite the other one. The shaker will be more like a phone vibrating.

#12511 1 year ago

Had the bios screen Saturday night when turned on (family came over to play), second time this has happened. Hadn’t been turned on for about a week ish.
I have a usb with the reinstall software on it, plugged it in turned on and it successfully reinstalled and turned back on fine.

Was on 1.08 when it did this before and just did it on 1.08a, I updated to 1.09 yesterday so will see how long it lasts this time!

22CB6A33-501B-4F4B-84F9-6B5E372A0AA0 (resized).jpeg22CB6A33-501B-4F4B-84F9-6B5E372A0AA0 (resized).jpeg94088EB3-FB4C-489C-9618-026951B00DE0 (resized).jpeg94088EB3-FB4C-489C-9618-026951B00DE0 (resized).jpeg
#12512 1 year ago

Is this the week we’ll see a bug fix update ?

#12513 1 year ago

I'm thinking bug fixes will not be completed until Spooky has adressed Ultraman.

#12514 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm thinking bug fixes will not be completed until Spooky has adressed Ultraman.

Think they said they are trying to update both of them to be in parity.

#12515 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Matt is finishing up another HW update before moving on to UM, don't know if all the bugs will be squashed though.

#12516 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Think they said they are trying to update both of them to be in parity.

Yep. Largely the point of the code refactoring, I gather

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Had the bios screen Saturday night when turned on

In the original photo can you read the text on the screen? Can you email it to me at [email protected]?

Thanks!

#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

See if anything in the linkage is binding, clean coil sleeve, keep EOS gap to credit card thickness and just close right at end of flipper extension.

Thank you I will check that out tonight.
Machine has around 700 plays I wasn't sure if rebuilding flipper was needed.

#12519 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Absolutely agree 1st thing I did was look to find the shaker motor adjustment. In fact I am still looking for it.

#12520 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I just unplugged mine but I didn't bother trying to adjust the weights or anything. Agree it's like stuff is about to fall off the walls lol.

#12521 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I just unplugged mine but I didn't bother trying to adjust the weights or anything. Agree it's like stuff is about to fall off the walls lol.

I understand…it’s a rumbler…but I kinda like it and haven’t had any problems, besides replacing the servos and replacing the spring on the middle drop. I like the scary tactile of it. #12 and play multiple times per day.

#12522 1 year ago

Love the shaker! Would love that in my Godzilla! Just played a few games tonight. Waiting for Scooby to arrive next month.

#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Love the shaker! Would love that in my Godzilla! Just played a few games tonight. Waiting for Scooby to arrive next month.

I have the stern shaker in my Godzilla, and it feels perfect. I can also change the strength of the shaker in the settings without adjusting the weights if need be. (Trust me, the shaker in my Halloween is annoying as all hell if I'm mentioning it, I'll probably adjust the weights as mentioned above).

Congrats on your Scooby but personally, I'm waiting to see how Halloween shapes up before I buy any more spooky games.

I'm optimistic that spooky can bring this game back from the dead.

#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I have the stern shaker in my Godzilla, and it feels perfect. I can also change the strength of the shaker in the settings without adjusting the weights if need be. (Trust me, the shaker in my Halloween is annoying as all hell if I'm mentioning it, I'll probably adjust the weights as mentioned above).
Congrats on your Scooby but personally, I'm waiting to see how Halloween shapes up before I buy any more spooky games.

I did not know you could change the actual power going to the shaker I guess this is new,I remember only being about to adjust the amount of time duration it spins,that is nice and good on stern.

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Back from the dead?
Game is extremely fun to play am I missing something?

#12526 1 year ago

Shaker settings would be great addition, instead of having to open up the thing and do trial and error weight adjustments opening up the machine

#12527 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I can also change the strength of the shaker in the settings without adjusting the weights if need be.

I think you can change the frequency it activates not the strength of it which Spooky should be able to add eventually to HW/UM.

#12528 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Back from the dead?
Game is extremely fun to play am I missing something?

Just standard Pinside piling on. It does need some work still, but I had a fantastic game on it last night, back to back with Weird Al and Godzilla. Holds up great next to those games

#12529 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

If it is similar to the shaker used in JP the settings only change the frequency not the strength of the shaker. Like mine has settings for Maximimum, standard, minimal etc but the actual shake intensity is the same for all of them it just happens less often. I have to mess with the actual weights to change it.

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just standard Pinside piling on. It does need some work still, but I had a fantastic game on it last night, back to back with Weird Al and Godzilla. Holds up great next to those games

Is Weird AL worthy?
Halloween VS AL
Which is more fun to flip?

#12531 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Is Weird AL worthy?
Halloween VS AL

Crap, that's a great question. Those are my 2 most recent games, and they are SO opposite of one another in terms of theme that it's like a complete reset every time I switch from one to another. I almost always play Al first, because it's closer to the door.

I think the modes and animations are better integrated on Al - but that's not exactly fair, since basically every mode/scene is a dynamically created playfield on the fly, so it's very clear where to shoot. Halloween I feel can get confusing because you can stack so many things together. That's definitely something wouldn't mind if they dialed down.

The movie clips are really well integrated on Halloween IMO.
Both games have a pretty deep ruleset. One complaint I have on all MM games is I think the ball save for multiballs is too short compared to other modern games, and you can't restart them, which I feel is a pretty well-established thing on modern games too.

Both have at least one tough but really satisfying shot when you hit them:
Al has the spiral Hamster Wheel (might be my favorite shot ever when I actually hit it),
Halloween has that cross-the-playfield shot on the upper playfield.

Both have well-designed, unique playfields. Believe it or not, Al has a little more of a Twilight Zone feel in terms of the shots (several cross-playfield shots, 4+ flippers, upper playfield). I really don't know. Halloween pisses me off more frequently, I think because I drain due to just being overwhelmed sometimes.
Too much going on simultaneously. But that's not unique to Halloween. Neither of them are going anywhere.

#12532 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crap, that's a great question. Those are my 2 most recent games, and they are SO opposite of one another in terms of theme that it's like a complete reset every time I switch from one to another. I almost always play Al first, because it's closer to the door.
I think the modes and animations are better integrated on Al - but that's not exactly fair, since basically every mode/scene is a dynamically created playfield on the fly, so it's very clear where to shoot. Halloween I feel can get confusing because you can stack so many things together. That's definitely something wouldn't mind if they dialed down.
The movie clips are really well integrated on Halloween IMO.
Both games have a pretty deep ruleset. One complaint I have on all MM games is I think the ball save for multiballs is too short compared to other modern games, and you can't restart them, which I feel is a pretty well-established thing on modern games too.
Both have at least one tough but really satisfying shot when you hit them:
Al has the spiral Hamster Wheel (might be my favorite shot ever when I actually hit it),
Halloween has that cross-the-playfield shot on the upper playfield.
Both have well-designed, unique playfields. Believe it or not, Al has a little more of a Twilight Zone feel in terms of the shots (several cross-playfield shots, 4+ flippers, upper playfield). I really don't know. Halloween pisses me off more frequently, I think because I drain due to just being overwhelmed sometimes.
Too much going on simultaneously. But that's not unique to Halloween. Neither of them are going anywhere.</bloc

Is Weird AL worthy?
Halloween VS AL

Not worth the price difference in my opinion.

#12533 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Not worth the price difference in my opinion.

For my money, The P3 is the best deal you can get - even if you only get the 2 best games (IMO: Weird Al and Heist) it’s still comparable to buying 2 Stern -PROs-, plus you only take up 1 space in the game room. I bought my P3 for barely more than i paid for EHOH (LE) and added other games later.

#12534 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im not going to argue with a fan boi who cant see all the lower shots are super similar. We get it, you only own spookies. Keep pumping them up.

I own Halloween CE and love it, had R&M too, love what spooky is doing...You can't deny that Scooby Doo and ACNC are very similar in layout...

#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For my money, The P3 is the best deal you can get - even if you only get the 2 best games (IMO: Weird Al and Heist) it’s still comparable to buying 2 Stern -PROs-, plus you only take up 1 space in the game room. I bought my P3 for barely more than i paid for EHOH (LE) and added other games later.

13k for Weird Al alone with shipping and taxes and never know when you are gonna get it. Wasn't impressed with any other games they have, including Heist.

And you have to store the other playfield set up which is bulky. Takes awhile switching them out and it if breaks all your games are broken.

#12536 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

13k for Weird Al alone with shipping and taxes and never know when you are gonna get it. Wasn't impressed with any other games they have, including Heist.
And you have to store the other playfield set up which is bulky. Takes awhile switching them out and it it breaks all your games are broken.

Good thing you have a Halloween I guess!

#12537 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I own Halloween CE and love it, had R&M too, love what spooky is doing...You can't deny that Scooby Doo and ACNC are very similar in layout...

But they aren't?

#12538 1 year ago

Please take Scooby discussion to the Scooby thread.

Cant wait to play it!

#12539 1 year ago

Can’t wait for the new code update whenever it comes out! I’m sure Matt will do a great job with it!

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Please take Scooby discussion to the Scooby thread.
Cant wait to play it!

Can’t wait for Scooby to ship! Oh crap, wrong thread. I mean, I love my Halloween. But seriously I do love it. Unique shooter. I always play Halloween last. Nice cool down game especially after playing Godzilla.

#12541 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can’t wait for Scooby to ship! Oh crap, wrong thread. I mean, I love my Halloween. But seriously I do love it. Unique shooter. I always play Halloween last. Nice cool down game especially after playing Godzilla.

Haha! I am always afraid of doing the same…constantly checking both threads, and can easily get confused.

#12542 1 year ago

I ditched my RR WOZ and thought I wouldn't have a playfield as beautiful? Halloween is very very close IMO
Halloween is more fun to shoot .

#12543 1 year ago

What’s the fastest way to replace the micro servos for the michaels behind the bush? The one closest to the player is easy to get out. The back two seem to be more difficult because their connections are under the left plastic that’s under the rail. Am I going to have to take all this apart to get to those connections?

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

What’s the fastest way to replace the micro servos for the michaels behind the bush? The one closest to the player is easy to get out. The back two seem to be more difficult because their connections are under the left plastic that’s under the rail. Am I going to have to take all this apart to get to those connections?

I think if you unsecure the cables underneath the playfield there is enough slack to pull connection above the plastic.

#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think if you unsecure the cables underneath the playfield there is enough slack to pull connection above the plastic.

Ahhhh that makes sense. Thank you so much!

#12546 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Ahhhh that makes sense. Thank you so much!

No problem, glad I could help.

#12547 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No problem, glad I could help.

You were def a big help. What you said worked perfectly. Got the middle's servo replaced and it's up and working again!

#12548 1 year ago

You know the warning noise and flashing lights when the ball is about to come up from the subway?

On my right side (Dr Loomis) I get that warning noise/flashing lights one or two times after the ball already came up. It doesn't do this every time but it's common enough that it happens every game and it's only on the right side.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

#12549 1 year ago

Go into servo test and check it

#12550 1 year ago

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but after every game I played today, the player icon and blood collected graphics remained on the screen (even though the game was over). The knocker also sounded after each game, similar to when you get a "match" even though I had not gotten a "match". I powered down the game and turned it back on and the problem has now gone away.

EAA273DE-E5EC-4D4E-9481-2BAE7B2A431F (resized).jpegEAA273DE-E5EC-4D4E-9481-2BAE7B2A431F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/251 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.