IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 338.
#12201 1 year ago

1 of my Michael's stopped working now also. Do the metal gear servos that have been talked about on here been working well for everyone? And I assume change all 3 while I'm at it is best?

#12202 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

1 of my Michael's stopped working now also. Do the metal gear servos that have been talked about on here been working well for everyone? And I assume change all 3 while I'm at it is best?

I would just replace them as the break. The metal ones seem better but to be honest, none of my plastic gears have broken. The contacts just wear out and Michael quits moving.

#12203 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I believe I was the first to post about replacing the cheap OEM servos with higher quality metal-gear versions (see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/88#post-6837836)

That was 9 months ago and my servos have been working flawlessly ever since. And I play my machine most every day. In fact, I would love to see something added to the code that allows you to disable the "Michael Reset" jump that all the Michael's do during target hits, in between balls, etc.

As inexpensive as they are, just buy 3 and swap them all out at once.

#12204 1 year ago

I believe that there is an option to disable the Michael wave

Quoted from John_C:

I believe I was the first to post about replacing the cheap OEM servos with higher quality metal-gear versions (see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/88#post-6837836)
That was 9 months ago and my servos have been working flawlessly ever since. And I play my machine most every day. In fact, I would love to see something added to the code that allows you to disable the "Michael Reset" jump that all the Michael's do during target hits, in between balls, etc.
As inexpensive as they are, just buy 3 and swap them all out at once.

#12205 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I believe that there is an option to disable the Michael wave

I'm not referring to the Michael subway wave, I already have that disabled. I'm referring to the little jumps that the Michaels make when you hit the associated blood targets below them.

#12206 1 year ago

Ohhh gotcha, my bad

Quoted from John_C:

I'm not referring to the Michael subway wave, I already have that disabled. I'm referring to the little jumps that the Michaels make when you hit the associated blood targets below them.

#12207 1 year ago

Need some help... I can't seem to find the USB port to do the code update (and yes I've looked) and I do feel stupid... searched through the postings again and thought I had read somewhere that it was on/in the inside of the coin door (checked didn't see it there) went back to the website looked at the schematics and shows the USB on the Pinotaur board... took the back glass off don't see the Pinotaur board back there. Do I have to take the glass off and lift the playfield to find the board/USB port? Hope not as that seems rather cumbersome to do for every update. Appreciate the help... Merry Christmas everyone!!!

#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Need some help... I can't seem to find the USB port to do the code update (and yes I've looked) and I do feel stupid... searched through the postings again and thought I had read somewhere that it was on/in the inside of the coin door (checked didn't see it there) went back to the website looked at the schematics and shows the USB on the Pinotaur board... took the back glass off don't see the Pinotaur board back there. Do I have to take the glass off and lift the playfield to find the board/USB port? Hope not as that seems rather cumbersome to do for every update. Appreciate the help... Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Look above the tilt bob on left hand side.

20221223_175212 (resized).jpg20221223_175212 (resized).jpg
#12209 1 year ago

Anyone having issues getting their backglass out? I can’t seem to remove mine. One side will almost come out but the other isn’t even close. I noticed washers wedged in under the wood supports. Is that normal?

Drop your speaker panel down. It’s right there front and center.

#12210 1 year ago

Open coin door and look into the machine on the left. There will be a usb port hanging around there. Option 2 is to open the speaker panel and there’s a usb port right off the top of the little computer in there.

#12211 1 year ago

And that's exactly where it was.... Thank You!! Code is updated hoping to throw a few dozen games in it over the next couple of days... Thanks again for your help and for everyone that reached back out...

#12212 1 year ago

I can’t get the back glass out without dropping the speaker panel at the same time. Haven’t tried to figure it out yet but it’s been risky trying to do both at same time .

Quoted from JesseJames23:

Anyone having issues getting their backglass out? I can’t seem to remove mine. One side will almost come out but the other isn’t even close. I noticed washers wedged in under the wood supports. Is that normal?

Drop your speaker panel down. It’s right there front and center.

#12213 1 year ago

To get my glass out I used a bit a pressure to bend the wood to get it out.

#12214 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I can’t get the back glass out without dropping the speaker panel at the same time. Haven’t tried to figure it out yet but it’s been risky trying to do both at same time .

This is how I have to do it each time. Always feels precarious each time I do it.

#12215 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Ya. It’s a bit wonky. The wood piece in the middle of the back box that the glass sits in is off an 1/8th of an inch from being level. Does yours have washers wedged in.

3191EE76-BCA4-4413-8C72-0CAF38411699 (resized).jpeg3191EE76-BCA4-4413-8C72-0CAF38411699 (resized).jpeg
#12216 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

That is how it is designed. The speaker panel basically locks the backglass in place.

#12217 1 year ago

So I don’t like playing in the dark but I also don’t like the overhead can lights on full strength so I’ve decided to add some ambient lighting to the gaming area. What do you guys think?

EF12EE6C-D4F3-4D8B-B836-14D6C38010CE (resized).jpegEF12EE6C-D4F3-4D8B-B836-14D6C38010CE (resized).jpeg
#12218 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is how it is designed. The speaker panel basically locks the backglass in place.

Mine is reverse, can't get the speaker panel open without somehow lifting the glass first. Same thing when closing the speaker panel. My Ultraman works perfect.

#12219 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

So I don’t like playing in the dark but I also don’t like the overhead can lights on full strength so I’ve decided to add some ambient lighting to the gaming area. What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

I think you have the Blue Oyster Cult combo right there!

#12220 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

What do you guys think?

Looks like you have room for at least 2 more!

#12221 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

[quoted image]

Which one is your favorite of the two?

#12222 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Quoted from guitarded:

Don’t worry, I’m already looking for my third. In that area I should be able to fit 8 total.

#12223 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Which one is your favorite of the two?

Hard to say, I love them both. They each play completely different and that’s what I love about each of them.

Most of my friends prefer Halloween. I think it’s easier to understand for a new player compared to Godzilla.

#12224 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Look above the tilt bob on left hand side.[quoted image]

Check both sides- mine is on the right closer to the power switch

#12225 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Don’t worry, I’m already looking for my third. In that area I should be able to fit 8 total.

So jelly. Space is only thing stopping me from going nuts with pins

#12226 1 year ago

Anyone know the powder coat name on the LE? Kind of looks like empire copper vein

BF7CE686-041A-4ACE-A313-383C7A9E8155 (resized).pngBF7CE686-041A-4ACE-A313-383C7A9E8155 (resized).png
#12227 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So jelly. Space is only thing stopping me from going nuts with pins

If I go nuts and let this hobby take over the basement I think I could fit close to 20 without issue. With that being said, I’d probably be signing divorce papers at the same time!

#12228 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

If I go nuts and let this hobby take over the basement I think I could fit close to 20 without issue. With that being said, I’d probably be signing divorce papers at the same time!

win-win? LOL

#12229 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone know the powder coat name on the LE? Kind of looks like empire copper vein [quoted image]

I was thinking about getting this game & the Jamaican Ice would look great. My guy puts clear over it also, guess I’m not a fan of the factory gold color.

94041791-2754-43C0-AC85-EFF1269DBDB3 (resized).jpeg94041791-2754-43C0-AC85-EFF1269DBDB3 (resized).jpeg
#12230 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I was thinking about getting this game & the Jamaican Ice would look great. My guy puts clear over it also, guess I’m not a fan of the factory gold color.
[quoted image]

I agree with you I don't like to gold. That is why I went with the BSE and love it!

#12231 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone know the powder coat name on the LE? Kind of looks like empire copper vein [quoted image]

I think it’s gold vein.

#12232 1 year ago

Finally uploaded 1.09 and glad I did, you can tell this is shaping up to be an excellent unique game with a few things to smooth out still. Reported the free play flashing after game started and Bob & Linda cross over shot scene showing MM in closet instead of Linda filing her nails. Audio adjustment recommendation to those that want the music louder while SFX/voice brought down, change the SFX modifier and the voice modifier to 50% or lower. Haven't had any crashing/re-boot issues like some have said but if you are, reach out to [email protected] so he can get the info needed to fix whatever is causing this for a select few. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone!!!

#12233 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

You would need to be divorced to have enough time maintaining and upgrading 20 pins.
I say go for it.

#12234 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Actually, I think it is this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/108#post-6899488

and this is the recommended topcoat which Spooky didn't do.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/108#post-6899500

#12235 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You would need to be divorced to have enough time maintaining and upgrading 20 pins

You wanna try and upkeep 100 pins.

No bs … It is a full time job.

rd

#12236 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Look above the tilt bob on left hand side.[quoted image]

I keep forgetting that’s there. Next update I am sure I will forget again.

#12237 1 year ago

How do you restore factory settings?

#12238 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You wanna try and upkeep 100 pins.
No bs … It is a full time job.
rd

No offense meant here, Dave, but 121 pins is nucking futz.

I can't imagine having to maintain half that number.

RM

#12239 1 year ago

after putting in the new code the game will reset after it goes through boot up or right after I play a game. I can play a game through but if I don't start it shortly after boot up it will reset. Anyone having the same problem. I tried everything to no avail.

#12240 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

after putting in the new code the game will reset after it goes through boot up or right after I play a game. I can play a game through but if I don't start it shortly after boot up it will reset. Anyone having the same problem. I tried everything to no avail.

It is of course, possible the code update caused this.

However, I would check 2 things (power off on game)

The Pinotaur board (on the bottom of the playfield) has a USB cable that comes into the bottom from the mini-PC in the head.

Check both ends of this USB cable to make sure it's seated well. That's the data cable that lets the PC control the main board.

The Pinotaur board also has a power cable, make sure it's well seated as well.

RussM

#12241 1 year ago

Will do later on and report back. Thanks

blockquote cite="#7313817">It is of course, possible the code update caused this.
The Pinotaur board (on the bottom of the playfield) has a USB cable that comes into the bottom from the mini-PC in the head.
Check both ends of this USB cable to make sure it's seated well. That's the data cable that lets the PC control the main board.
RussM

#12242 1 year ago

Oh, and check the power cable going into the mini-PC in the head too.

Power and Data, that's what I look at first.

RM

Quoted from jkashani:

Will do later on and report back. Thanks
blockquote cite="#7313817">It is of course, possible the code update caused this.
RussM

#12244 1 year ago
3153CCFC-5297-48AF-AB70-8AE9E0520664 (resized).jpeg3153CCFC-5297-48AF-AB70-8AE9E0520664 (resized).jpeg
#12245 1 year ago
Quoted from diamondfate9:

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary...I had the glass off before it happened and was checking the hedge multiball switches and jackpots... everything was fine at that point... powered it up again a little later and noticed this issue

When

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary...I had the glass off before it happened and was checking the hedge multiball switches and jackpots... everything was fine at that point... powered it up again a little later and noticed this issue

I've gone into stuck switch settings and there's no stuck switches...when I go to check coils the right flipper and fan engage and I back out of it immediately

Quoted from finnflash:

I turned off the feature where they come out on left ramp shots...I don't need to see that for ramp shots...hedge lock is enough for me... that will save tremendously on them servos!

#12246 1 year ago

Is it safe to assume that the setting are found under servo settings?

When

I've gone into stuck switch settings and there's no stuck switches...when I go to check coils the right flipper and fan engage and I back out of it immediately

I turned off the feature where they come out on left ramp shots...I don't need to see that for ramp shots...hedge lock is enough for me... that will save tremendously on them servos!

#12247 1 year ago

So random quick question I didn’t want to dig around for.

What is the point of the clear plastic piece above the drops in the center? Protection so an air ball doesn’t break them? Ive had games, and seen them in the past with drops in the middle of the playfield and there was nothing above them. (Space Station and Ghostbusters are the first two that come to mind) So are these more fragile?

#12248 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

So random quick question I didn’t want to dig around for.
What is the point of the clear plastic piece above the drops in the center? Protection so an air ball doesn’t break them? Ive had games, and seen them in the past with drops in the middle of the playfield and there was nothing above them. (Space Station and Ghostbusters are the first two that come to mind) So are these more fragile?

Yes, it’s to prevent airballs. No idea if actual damage would occur if it wasn’t there but it gets hit a lot. I’d rather have it there than not, that’s for sure.

#12249 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Yes, it’s to prevent airballs. No idea if actual damage would occur if it wasn’t there but it gets hit a lot. I’d rather have it there than not, that’s for sure.

That’s what I figured. Wonder if you’d have balls flying into the glass and what not. I know my Deadpool targets are slanted downward slightly maybe to help prevent those from occurring as much.

#12250 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Any airball is bad for a game so protectors that mitigate how far the ball can bounce or fly typically are helpful to the overall health of the machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.