Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm confused?? Are they marketing for 60yo or 6yo???

Will this didn’t take long haha

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Exactly. Mirco playfield and walk away warranty?
It's for that reason i'm out.

So what your saying (again) is your out?

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is nice when it comes to moving the games. Too bad the prices didn’t become lighter because of the cost saving changes, prices went up instead lol.
The switch to node boards has been very will received as well.

Putting the on / off switch under head was stupid

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Looks kike I need tobeat humble breads. I thoight for sute Stern would not sell 1000LEs worldwide. How wrong was i!

Wrong thread Beevis
Now go beat your humble bread in your mom’s basement

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No need to prop a theme up by crapping on another one, plenty of people would have been excited for Scooby Doo if JJP had got the license.

Where did he crap on Scooby?

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

"The best Micro Playfield yet"

Stupid! Get some new material funny man

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any chance in hell they got Al Pacino to do call outs?

You know he seems pretty cool.Maybe Slash could talk to him?

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Looks like in 2021 slash did talk to him.
Which would fit the time frame of the making of this pin?
[quoted image]

What was the message?

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Very! He's been dead for 19 years.

I figured the dude was joking lol

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Isn't Franchi on art?

Good question I heard this too.If Franchi is on it you know it will be good

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

“A game barely anyone wants, from a company no one has faith in”
(stolen from PINFO )

I think I remember this guy criticizing the shit out of GnR all the time!And then you see he owns two Stern Led Zeppelin’s (my favorite rock band) At this point he has no credibility lol!

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

All I want to know is will it be at TPF?

According to JJP they are ready to shop to customers so I would guess yes!

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am staying open minded. After TS being such a letdown,I want to see a loaded game. From the pictures of the underneath of the playfield we are seeing that. It's all about the integration......time will tell

If the bean counters allowed Eric to work his magic we’ll be fine.He turned out a masterpiece of a rock pin under the new BOM guidelines.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Woof. I guess I lack imagination because I don’t see how they make a pinball machine out of this theme.
Well, I hope they prove me wrong and it’s epic. But they really woofed the last few themes due to license restrictions so I’m not optimistic.

How do you figured the (woofed) on GnR?

#544 1 year ago

Are you kidding man!Wonka is a great game ask anyone who’s really had a chance to play it.I’ve had mine for years and still play and enjoy in a garage where I have some of the greatest ever made!TS4 was questionable because of crazy fucking price and not including the movies we love .

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Nice one.
I am not a JJP fan and will never own one, but this title really interests me.
Maybe they will finally make a game that will hold up on location without it's own personal tech. (I'm dreaming, I know).

Then why are you here except to troll. Sega >Nintendo
Xbox>PlayStation

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

ouch.
true.
but,
ouch.

Burn baby burn

#565 1 year ago

Was there any conformation on Franchi being the artist for GF50?

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I spent a lot more than that! But the game has zero plays, cabinet damage, but unlike JJP when my GNR fell apart, Stern are sorting it out.
[quoted image]

Boo hoo hoo

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

He learned it all from you romulusx
[quoted image]

The difference is I don’t go over to Stern threads and purposely poke the Stern boys.I did one time and then realized fairly quick how stupid it was!I was quiet until someone on the Zeppelin blindly claimed that the LZ artwork was better then GnR.I mean at least have some intellectual honesty.Well anyway I saw than what a waste of time it was to do that.But you and a lot of the Stern army can’t seem to shut the fuck up!

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

who has The Godfather as their grail theme?

One thing for sure is it’s not another superhero pin for Christs sake!

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Relax bro. Everybody here thinks their shit don't stink, even after eating a giant tub of Beefaroni.
Also, Stern rules! My Zep LE kicks ass and is way better than GNR.
Which thread am I in again?

That’s hilarious man haha

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

people like superheroes! myself included

I use to before the over saturated Disney grinder!!

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I hope you right. Eric is a great designer and they need a comeback after ts.

You’re right about TS as far as Pinsiders go but I’ve heard from folks in the know that it sold pretty well?Let’s hope GF50 is more loaded like the days of old!With Franchi on the art package I’m hoping for that art noir shown earlier in thread.

#651 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You didn’t play GNR?

Love my GnR!!!

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love my GNR too. Sorry to disappoint Nighttrain (which is a GNR song)

Night train is a GnR song along with others in game Ive grown to like!

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

And with Godfather soon to be an Original Gangster.

Man I noticed your autographed apron and I’m jealous as hell!
I waited a long time to get my GnR LE but I got to admit I wish for the CE!

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

But there is a super fuck’in skill shot!

Yes there is and it sounds like a sweet young ladies voice.I was shocked!!

#791 1 year ago

What kind of information do we have about the reveal tomorrow?

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Creo que solo será la primera película, pero incluirá video.

Say What ?

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from melappels:

I dont think they make standard anymore.

Probably not but I’ve never heard a definitive answer from JJP on this matter.They did for a short time with GnR

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Marlon Brando was unavailable, so they got Marlon Wayans for callouts.

So Lame!

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Meh im gonna stick with a Kingpin remake

When hell freezes over?
H

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Really like the "stained glass" look of the center inserts, very cool art choice. And the gaudy gold accents on the CE armor are amazing. Regardless of whether you think they're "tasteful", they look cool and that sort of over-the-top accent is what Bond 60 needed if it wanted to appear extra special and worthy of a crazy price.

Perfect!

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO the design system they built surrounding the IP/theme doesn't gel well w/ the over-all films feels incohesive. To my lens it looks too cartoony & tonally doesn't capture the feel. Looks pretty; but that's about it.

Another predictable comment!Stale and stupid

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

That was a very impressive reveal video. Having the player begin the game in street clothes and end in a tux has such a '90s video game commercial feel on some level. Well done.

Probably Elemental the same company that made GnR video.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's gorgeous. Jesper Abels and Christopher Franchi did a fantastic job bringing something different to the table, really atmospheric and moody, but also excellently realized on a technical level. Hats off to them.
The CE is gaudy to the point of being tacky, I think it looks utterly ridiculous, but these games are way overpriced anyways, save your money and get the classy looking one with a shooter rod that won't hurt your hand and legs that won't rip your jeans.
I am never spending even $12k on a pinball, JJP has zero chance of getting me as a customer, but I'll flip it given the chance and that's the model I'd buy if I was feeling stupid about spending cash.
I just don't know how to feel about that right habitrail. It's interesting, but kind of awkward too. Maybe if it wasn't just arrow straight? I guess that's to keep the ball speed up so it can hit the inlane target on release but it looks weird. Different is good though, so I'm not mad. Just gotta see how it feels in person.
There are going to be a thousand posts about how Eric is ripping off Keith Elwin. It's a pop bumper. It's okay. Keith borrows from games too, it's how pinball works. I'm glad to see interesting pop designs flourishing, a single pop with ball paths around it is a good thing to me.
Overall I'm very pleasantly surprised, because after the shit show that was the Wonka art package just being a straight slot machine copy paste I was worried that's what we'd get here too, another slot machine plop. Instead this is something with a lot of love poured into it.

JJP didn't go Wonka your so called shit show right to this one The gloriously detailed GnR was stuck there in the middle!
Gunners is one of the best art packages I've ever seen!

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

What is interesting about this whole thing to me is that there are no clips or callouts on the teaser. The design looks good, but to me the callouts, clips, and code will be what makes it or breaks it. At this point you don't know whether you are buying a "G Rated" Godfather machine or the OG "R Rated" version. Theme integration is key and with their prior track record, this has me worried - especially since they didn't highlight any of it in the video...

I wouldn’t worry about it being hardcore because I believe it will be true to theme They kicked that door down with GnR!!!

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby Doo might object to that and so will I.

Love Scooby but No

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

its crazy to see how the initial critisism turned into big FOMO ordering. haha
As said above: the trailer shows nothing of the screen or godfather integration into the gameplay: who says there is full movies integration like with the hobbit? If not, it could be a generic mafia theme. Not saying that’s not cool but I really need to see more than some vague playfield pics to tell if this is a great pinball.

Watch the SDTM featurette

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know where I can get some godfather cake toppers at?

Don’t need them for this one!

#1275 1 year ago

Where and when was a stream of gameplay happening?

#1304 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I wonder if this will make me want to play more than once on location. Can't say the same about the last 2 or 3 pins they have put out. They really need to turn a corner and make their pins fun to shoot, not just pretty to look at.

Thanks for your input God knows that Wonka and GnR shit they put out was so boring lol

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They got your money,
now they have your time...
Maybe in this lifetime?

Ok go away

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Nice try. White wood and layout was complete with release of GNR which was in 2020. You are basically saying that when Godzilla was released in 2021, Eric scrapped or heavily modified his game to ripoff Godzilla.

Good ole moon muff!

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You say all of that yet bought a Halloween…

Burn

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I wonder when these puppies will ship and which ones.... Usually the CEs come after a run of the LEs right?

Right

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Does the machine come with a tech?

I’ve had three JJP’s including (finally)GnR and luckily nothing I couldn’t handle.
I’ve had more issues with my B/W lineup but that’s because their so fucking old!

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Alby87:

As a Sicilian, I recognize that the movies are great work of art, but I really don't like the quick association between Mafia and Sicily than these movie helped make. I blush in shame when I see a lot of souvenirs with the godfather logo or Marlon Brando image sold in wonderful location like Taormina, Catania, Mount Etna or Eolian Islands. I spent a lot of summer holidays near the town of Savoca, known for scenes from the Godfather 2, and I recognize it in the "Multipalla Siciliana". I also recognize a Sicilian map with the province division, that have Palermo, Messina and Catania with numbers on it. I don't know how those will be used in the rules, I'm interested.
I really hope that after 50 years, it is possible to have a faithful representation of my land, both of the movie and the real thing. Something that doesn't scare people about it (I've really talked to a guy that was afraid of Sicily thinking they can be easily killed in a plain day Mafia gunfight in a center of a city. This is REALLY thinking like I'm afraid to go to USA because there could be some natives that would like to get my scalp. Just to say).

I wouldn’t worry about being scalped but you could possibly get carjacked and shot in the process!

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Todays world thinks of Sicily for great dining in Polermo and the ferry to Lampedusa for the best beach.

Don’t forget the beautiful call girls in the White Lotus!Most yutes today identify with WL then with GF?
Seriously they portrayed Italy in a very intriguing light that made me want to visit.As a matter of fact tourism spiked because of this series!Oh did I mention the two very beautiful working girls?

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ball path wise there’s a lot there but larger items that actually interact with the ball? Not many. There’s the spinning disk below the moving gangster but that’s it, the moving ramp maybe another.
There’s really no big wow mech that interacts with the ball in Godfather. Love or hate the game there’s no mech / toy equivalent to the jump ramp in Toy Story in Godfather. That game also has a large character pop up mech, larger spinning disk, and a physical kickback. Wonka has the gobstopper, magnets under the playfield, kickback, and the backboard Wonkavator ball lock. Dialed In has the moving mechanic, magnets under the playfield, and the trap door. Pirates has the moving ship, spinning disk, and chest ball lock.
Items like those described above are not in this game. The spinning disk in Godfather traps the ball into one tiny area versus affecting more of the gameplay. Now what is there are a ton of divertors and ball paths which is great to see. There’s also a bunch of other really neat visual elements (the moving gangsters on the playfield and topper). Combine all that with the unique light shows and rules and Godfather is going to be one hell of a fun pin.
This game looks awesome but for now I’m thinking my next pinball purchase will be a Godzilla Premium. Toys and mech wise that game is tough to beat. Also, the code support situation has been disappointing at JJP as of late. I can’t see dropping another $12k - $15k on another JJP title when code on another JJP game I already bought, GNR, is in desperate need of a massive update.

Your fired!!

#1641 1 year ago

White Lotus is in my "to watch list", and yes, just for trivia: it was shooted in Taormina, about 20 minutes by car to Forza d'Agrò and Savoca. It's a wonderful landscape all around!

The landscape is a silent mysterious character in this series.
Beautiful and threatening all thru the shows run

#1689 1 year ago

Thread derailed call Pete Butedrege quick!

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I sold my GNR because of the lack of love the code received...I was running Beta code the whole time. The only other JJP I've owned was DILE, and I was happy with the code polish.
Since you have voted with your wallet, you have every right to be critical. Considering the resource constraints @ JJP (with compared with Stern), I wouldn't expect things to change.

I like how you slid in the Stern plug nice&sneaky

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Plug? More like stating a fact, dude.

Ok man

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s just total BS

Totally full of shit!

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

I noticed in a detailed picture that the posts on the playfield are no longer on the colour, but on blank wood like Stern does in the latest games. JJP seems to learn from the playfield issues in GNR. That should give hope that the playfileds will not have similar issues.

Will alot of people would like to forget but there was a shit load of GnR’s produced without a hint of issue.And a whole production run of TS 4 with nary a hint of playfield problems so yeah I wouldn’t worry too much!But you can still get playfields that are ribbed for your pleasure elsewhere.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I wish Zen Studios Pinball would translate some of their virtual tables into real ones I could see most of them being doable!! Obviously minus the cheesy animations.

What???

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

They do some really innovative stuff I feel some of these digital tables could translate into real world machines. Look up some of their tables. If you like it cool if you don't cool

I’m well aware of their tabled I own a couple.I just didn’t get the relevance in this thread?

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I got a later GnR LE run and the playfield is perfect...No worries

Mine too and it’s beautiful!Best art package in pinball imho

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The art is just decent; but I'm not a fan if the phtotshop look.

Now we have a dissenting opinion.

#1832 1 year ago

Damn it I need to break down and get an account on Facebook!

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

For those without Facebook I uploaded it to YouTube. All credit goes to Mike GAP Once he puts it on YouTube I'll take mine down.

Thanks man

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I think that's supposed to be Bobby DeNiro as young Vito Corleone.
[quoted image]

Bingo

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So it took twice as long as Toy Story CE and you can’t give that game away. Let’s continue creating fake fomo for another JJP game.
It’s 15k and they made a thousand. There will be no issue getting one and spoiler alert - you’ll get it lower than msrp + tax ; )
I had two distributors contact me already on this game looking to unload. Don’t fall for it guys. If you just don’t care about losing money like some people here - sure! Go for it. But don’t feel pressured to buy now due to fake fomo.

Man is this personal for you or what?Damn you just come off so pissed over this game!

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well he's not wrong....the only time a JJP CE game actually sold out quickly was GNR ($12.5K / 500)....1000 units at $15K a pop....almost zero chance this game sold out quickly (if ever)

I made this statement because pissing on JJP threads is his second job.This shit gets old and it’s the usual suspects every single hint of a new pin from them! My favorite thing is when the obvious fanboys say I really wanted to like it….but
Start rant here

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Uh oh, SLAMT1LT's ears are probably ringing right now...

Lol but seriously why in the fuck don’t they get David Theil back after all of the shit over sound issues?

#2222 1 year ago

You can't install incandescent lights. These new pins don't have insert sockets like the old days. It's all surface mounted RGB LED bulbs and RGB LED strips galore. You'll have to take it up with the programmers.
[quoted image]

Think he was kidding about LED’s

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's cool that JJp is getting games out at a consistent pace now!

Getting complete games out with great playfields and snappy flippers too!(that’s what I heard)

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But normally there's variation in different modes/multiball etc. At least in modern games. This had literally nothing else except the meandering AI generated whimiscal Wonka carnival poker machine stuff. What happened to the theme song? Even the slash version. Did I miss that?

You should probably move on to a different game?I feel there’s too many things you don’t like about this one.Maybe foo fighters is more your liking?

#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can you expand on that?

Yes please do.

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Several people who played it said that in one way or another now, even Karl D.

It’s true!I’ve counted at least four people that have played game, some for multiple games claim flippers felt nice and snappy.
So bad playfield and weak flippers have been eliminated as points of contention

#2339 1 year ago

Panzer you are correct about code issues and Keith does need to chill on the over use of multi balls in his games!But damn man you use to support JJP but now it seems like you’ve jumped to the dark side haha

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Maybe because it takes less effort to complain than it does to make the change. Plus they can’t stomach the thought of having to swallow pride, admit they were wrong and acknowledge their complaints were without merit.

Oh hell now your just pissing them off!!!

#2364 1 year ago

Karl’s stream was a huge success last night!It shut up a lot of the silliness from the one minute cell video.The beginning of the stream sounded like shit because of the room noise.I have been delighted to here all of the folks saying the flippers are good and snappy!I can’t help but think Eric and crew decided enough is enough and engineered thru the problem?They won’t talk about this kind of stuff but I would love to have the inside story of playfield and flipper conversations.
Eric seems to care so much for source material and it’s a shame things hold back the full greatness of design!

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’ve already rearranged all 26 of my pins so Godfather is the first pin I see when I go into the game room!

I did this with GnR LE

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm saying that it isn't all sunshine and lollipops. It's okay to hear an oppositions view as to why they have that opinion instead of just saying "they're wrong for how they feel." Be better than that.

I don’t mind dissenting opinions.
I think if it’s constructive it can actually improve things (playfield,Flipper) and such.
But the truth is there’s a large contingency of haters on most JJP threads that piss on everything that comes out.Sometime it starts before the pin is even released.
I read the Stern forums and I don’t see the same over there from this group.I remember someone arguing that Led Zeppelin had better art then GnR for gods sake

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Some gameplay video dropped today.
Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't every single SS pinball with mball have the ability to adjust the difficulty? Isn't there really no way to fully understand the frequency concerns of mball until we can get a feel for what adjustments are available for it?

Turn down the ball save time on the multi ball play

#2461 1 year ago

Nevermind

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That figures. F ing has been bitch!

That’s what I deleted haha

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I wish more insight into the licensing of the IP was shared, like this. Thanks Keith! I find this type of thing to be very interesting.

Quoted from musketd:

I just want to put my two cents in here being a former JJP collectors edition owner and was let down by them on it unfortunately; and now they may have won back a second chance with me on this game, because it truly looks like ERIC’s MASTERPIECE. Looks like it is one hell of a shooter and some great flow for a JJP along with the improved flippers and the improved back glass lighting as well. Thank you for taking steps forward and listening to your customer base

I’m curious if some of these changes are related to the surveys that were sent out awhile back?
That is a good way to gather honest opinions and customers insight

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Is someone going to mod/make a new "Furious Floyd" sculpt? It's literally the only thing holding me back. The cartoonish look does not fit the rest of the theme at all. Bizarre choice.

You can count on this happening!
Especially the numbers this game will sell.All the way from Uber expensive Lior to more fairly priced Mod Couple and everything in between This pin is going to be big!
Tweak some coding and blow it up!

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, you are right, the pricing is keeping many away from this good looking game. Was really hoping this layout would be good however. Did anyone else notice during Karl’s stream that he was shooting brick after brick, with ball going SDTM instead of back to flippers? Did you also noticed balls not making it up to the upper 1/3 PF and just dropping back down SDTM? Karl is a top player too, so it wasn’t him. There are a lot of tight shots, so maybe that has something to do with it. But the game sure looks stellar.

This game design sucks sucks sucks
But the game looks stellar?
Your hilarious man!

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, you are right, the pricing is keeping many away from this good looking game. Was really hoping this layout would be good however. Did anyone else notice during Karl’s stream that he was shooting brick after brick, with ball going SDTM instead of back to flippers? Did you also noticed balls not making it up to the upper 1/3 PF and just dropping back down SDTM? Karl is a top player too, so it wasn’t him. There are a lot of tight shots, so maybe that has something to do with it. But the game sure looks stellar.

This game design sucks sucks sucks
But the game looks stellar?
Your hilarious man!

Quoted from iceman44:

Group #1. Sock puppet. Lol

More of a muff puppet

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

60,000 quarters and it's paid for! (Not including tax and shipping)
I would hope dollars are being used in today's market!

Damn this shit gets old.Don’t you have anything better to do?

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This would have been better as Scarface, the sculpt in the middle could be Tony instead of a cartoon gangster and he could shout "say hello to my little friend!" and spray the playfield when you start multiball. Scarface posters were so popular when I was younger, my generation would eat it up.
[quoted image]

You really should just make a game of your own.It seems like you’ve got it all figured out from artwork to sound.I heard making a pinball machine is easy go ahead and give it your best shot.I promise not to be too critical critiquing your game.

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Paid JJP gatekeeper, you never give up…

Oh shit what the hell am I doing in this JJP Godfather hype thread?
Maybe I should be in the Foo thread shitting on everything I can.
You sir are a broken record always criticizing

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No he doesn’t have anything better to do, except troll JJP threads to make sure his stock holdings don’t go down. The number one broken record in this forum. Can’t stand any critical critic about anything JJP does. That’s what this forum is all about, critiquing artwork and designs.

I’ve criticized shortcomings of JJP games!You guys continue your circle jerk I’m going to watch SDTM Godfather stream

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Played this game for more than 4 hours. Thrilled to support #heliconbrewery and to tip my server well b/c remember fellas, if you’re in a position to think about buying a toy for 15k, you take care of the people serving you. And shout out to hupchallenge who told me he streams and the kid can play pinball.
OK here we go.
Let me just mention upfront the thing that impressed me the most by this game - the flipper feel. THANK GOD - JJP, you did it. I was told TS4 started it but after playing that game…..maybe? Wasn’t conclusive. This game - no doubt. Everyone agreed that I played with. So JJP has finally addressed one of the biggest problems. I would love to retro fit this in my Wonka btw. But hey - most important problem fixed b/c they always pack the game more than stern and code is deep so nothing else to worry about right? Well maybe…….no.
Up front disclaimer: This is not for CE owners who are reading this and just getting triggered to defend the choice they made. This is not meant for the iceman44’s of the world also. You know - the ones who don’t care about cost, they just want the game. But I will also say that I have 15k ready to go and if I were to spend it today, I’m ready. I only mention that b/c I can easily spend this money if worth it. I also LOVE godfather. I’m not some guy living in the Midwest who has heard about GF b/c of the internet or thinks Olive Garden is good Italian. I know this movie. I love this movie.
This game is not Godfather - after 4 hrs, it’s not even close. And for Eric to say everything from GF that was significant was injected into this game is an absolute lie. Just like when those two from Flippin N Out (or sorry, SDTM!) say that shots are the new toys, they are being dishonest. But more on those dreamboats later.
So positives:
- Flippers - thank you JJP. Feel Great. Much closer to stern and kill my wonka’s.
- Shots - 29 paths so what is there not to like? Actually……well, more on that later but this is really about the initial layout. I love the godzilla bumper and the shots in general as they do feel fresh. Although there is a major SDTM shot….
- the assets from the GF, as limited as they are, are implemented well. More on this later.
- build quality…..good. I was playing with a Scooby next to me and although I think spooky is making progress, JJPs stand out. Nice touch with the translite lights around the entire thing. RIP lermods mod for this. You taught them well!
- Challenge - this game is hard. SDTM shot unless you hold that left flipper top up - which is annoying. But it’s hard and I don’t mind that. I rather a shorter player than long.
- Interrogation video clip is awesome. Same with game over, Match and extra ball.
“Areas of focus”
Major takeaway…….and I felt the same on stream. THIS IS NOT GODFATHER. I can’t make this anymore clear. Shame on JJP for taking the licensor for a ride and shame on Erik for saying all the key scenes are in this game. It’s not even close. I literally counted…….prob less than 1 min of video in total and we made it fairly far in the game. If you want to double that sure - but then you would be crazy and it still would be 2 min. What is going on Keith and Eric? I know Meryl doesn’t want Fredo but did she always say 7 second transition clips at most?
NO TOYS.
This is the most Barron JJP yet. I thought I was losing my mind after playing this for almost 4 hours. How could this feel EVEN LESS than Toy Story 4? No, it couldn’t be. First impression when I came up to the game was wow, this is the most barren game from JJP ever. And I’m not a newb. I’m someone who knows wtf is going on in this hobby. My WOZ and other games speak for that. I know what is packed. So I went over to TS4 and I was pissed. I HATE TS4 but GD - that game has more in it than GF. Proof? Jump ramp, spinning circle, toy that pops up. Garbage right for 15k CE? Well GF? A toy that spins. NOT interactive, doesn’t do anything besides look terrible in a GF game b/c it’s cartoonish and is SO out of place. Like comical b/c the rest of package has nothing in line with this sculp. But wait - you have that GF sculp right? Well it does NOTHING. Literally nothing and the lack of arms and completely different style to the toy with arms next to it, the contrast is really obvious.
And guys - diverters? Here’s my feedback on these after playing. Sure it might put the ball in 29 diff places but what’s important is what am I shooting? NOT what is coming back at me b/c that isn’t tactical. Half the time I couldn’t see where the ball was coming from but most importantly, it wasn’t better b/c of it. It certainly wasn’t a toy. Special plug to my friends at SDTM. After playing this game, I want to call out what a JOKE it now is as they are distributors. Greg and Zach - you have my cell, you texted me earlier asking to understand more. I responded - let’s do it live for pinside! Constructive as always ; )
Call Outs - I’ll sew you up!
Look, if you think these are great call outs, then you need to check into a mental institution b/c you’re crazy and have terrible taste. yes - I’ll just say it. These call outs are borderline offensive to an Italian American like myself. It’s like they found some guys in Indiana to run through some terrible dialogue while they’re eating their dominos in the most over the top dialogue you have ever heard. Of 10 lines you’ll hear, 2 are OK, 4 are terrible and 4 are so bad, you think about turning them off. Or you’re deaf.
MBs.
Oh Keith - why does it feel like I’m getting MBs for no reason? Had the same feeling with pirates and now with GF, mbs start for who knows why. And then when one starts, another one starts quickly after. And then your score increases 10000x which leads me to feel like the only way to score big is MB and I hate that. Keith - remember Addams family - you hit that chair to start MB. How did that feel? Did the sound and light package also spice up what was something you deserved and the light show really gave you something like you never saw again in the game? That’s what MB is. Keith. Listen. Please.
Code:
Godfather of the Caribbean. Damn. Worst part about POTC (and that game is amazing) - the code. MBs feel generic. Same opening screens. No tie in to the movies (with clips, mode shots, etc) and just feel out of place. But good news - they overlap!!! Sweet!
Light Show:
Keep this short. It’s not as bad as the first clip we all saw but it’s bad. Over the top, movie setting killer. See my pics below - nice TnA color. JJP - how does no one raise their hand and say this is just not the godfather when you all sit around eating dinner…….at Olive Garden?
Conclusion:
I can spend 15k tomorrow and have this game. No worries….and the same for many here. Some of these folks are reading this right now, nodding their heads while others reading this, never posted before and never will are also agreeing. Listen - we deserve BETTER. Stop giving these companies money for a product that is worse than before. Especially when that product was twice less. This is not opinion. Anyone that says GF is worth 15k is lying to themselves. You and I both know that. I’m not going to reiterate my thoughts here b/c up above - you how I feel. Many positives but much more negatives. But PLEASE try the game yourself and report back.
On a side note - I played Scooby as well. Spooky is def beginning to build a nicer product. Halloween imo was gorgeous but Scooby as a wide, if you like the theme - gorgeous. Gamplay? Incredibly boring. They said let’s go back to normal b/c we were too hard before. Well, they went WAY too much to the easy side. Game is super easy but the worst part is the upper. SUPER slow. So I don’t know. It’s 10k and it looks gorgeous. Gameplay not good but clips and sounds that are MUCH better implemented. You can’t go AS wrong with this one but still - if you don’t need it now, wait a year and save 1k+
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

As expected

#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably not!
On the other hand you remember what happened when they posted that first Hobbit playfield. They do pay attention. Maybe not to my lone voice, not trying to puff myself up, but if enough of us are talking about things you never know how you might influence the refs.
Regardless, I'm not trying to campaign for change at JJP. Just trying to discuss what makes good pinball or not with people because I think it's interesting. Never know who's reading.
When I type I'm also thinking out loud, and I appreciate people responding or bringing up other examples, helps frame my own thinking. Who knows, maybe one day I will make that game for people to opine on.
Cheers Ice!

Looking forward to your game.

#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

never owned a JJP, but I thought they had blutooth since Dialed In?

Yes

#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe JJP will hire you Aurich.
Great ideas.

He is the big brain Brad when it comes to pinball for sure.I can see Slamtilt and Aurich joining forces to create another DP 2

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think you'd like it.

I purchased your translite for my Shadow and I loved that so don’t be too quick

#2711 1 year ago

Anybody have any idea what the engineering dept. did to improve flipper snap and feel?

#2715 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My *guess* is it has to do with their board revision debuted with TS4, plus additional code revision to work with it since the board's TS4 debut. But it's only a guess. I hope to know more once I have GF in house soon.

Thanks

#2736 1 year ago

Wow I quit this thread is whack!!!

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Am I tripping or did JJP already use a city back drop in Dialed in and now it's in Godfather?[quoted image]

This was the last straw!!!WTF

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It’s called Alien.

I don’t know how I forgot that masterpiece?

#2888 1 year ago

I just got a GnR and changed settings to make it less likely to get the cheap multiballs.The thing I noticed on The Godfather was the multiball save time was ridiculous.
Keith needs to turn off ball save a few seconds after multiball starts!

#2890 1 year ago

One hell of a birthday present!

#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

GF CE probably best looking pin of all time.

I can’t wait to see it at the show.
I realize I won’t be able to really check it out in a noisy environment but I’m still excited about seeing it.
I’m delighted over flipper feedback from early players .And it seems that early players have given solid reviews as a whole.

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

LOL, just because I don’t list them any longer is not a reason to make incorrect assumptions. Definitely not a location player, that’s a ridiculous assumption, just because I choose not to list my games for an irrelevant perusal for others to take shots at. Stopped showing that years ago.

No pins

#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Me either, that game is amazeballs.

Game is great artwork meh

#2925 1 year ago

It’s kind of funny how some have tried to rationalize the price on JB SLE and Pulp Fiction.But criticize the shit out of The Godfather pricing

#2929 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can we agree that toppers have reached a point that they are now over the top cool and you almost feel like you are missing out if you don't splurge on the version with them?

Sure

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

LE has arrived.
[quoted image]

Lucky man!

#2937 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Absolutely! CCr, The Godfather, and now the Pulp Fiction topper. All amazing! I think Pulp Fiction wins though, it's pretty incredible.

Both toppers are awesome!
I love the Jack Rabbit Slim’s scene.
The only problem with it is the sculpts look kind of shiny cake topper cheap and I was surprised they spun like a music box dancer.
The Godfather topper is badass but I was wondering do that only twist and shoot when you match??

#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

SOME CLARIFICATION ON THE GODFATHER ART:
I have been very busy lately and probably should have clarified this sooner, but I had not heard to chatter about the Godfather art, and for that matter, me being given credit for something I did not do.
Due to circumstances, I was brought into the project after the playfield had already been in progress. Jesper Abels from Netherlands, an understudy of Jean-Paul DeWin is responsible for the playfield art. He ended up getting into the skin of my style of portrait art, but it's all him with the exception of the Al Pacino illustration on the LE drain area. He did a FANTASTIC job and deserves full credit.
I am responsible for the cabinet sides, cabinet fronts, backbox sides,backglasses for both editions, and the art blades and backboard on the Collectors Edition.
I also had nothing to do with the sculptures in the playfield, as well as the art deco sculptures on the lock-down and legs. That was Eric's brainchild and I don't know who sculpted them. Eric also designed the CE armor.
I'm very proud of my work on this project, as well as having to opportunity to work with Eric, JP and Jesper, who's talents are all astronomical.
I hope this clears things up, and gives credit where credit is due... and I hope you enjoy the game. There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into it for over a year, simply with the goal of thrilling you with exciting pinball play and visuals.
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi
[quoted image]

Thank you sir

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not sure what you've been reading. Most people think the JB SLE pricing is insanity. Truth is I see the same "I can buy anything pinsiders" rationalizing their JB SLE purchase alongside the GF CE purchase. PF looks pretty cool and has a ton of sh going for it. Topper, mirrors, sculpts, theme, call-outs etc and at $9500. I like GF, but I'll take Pacino in Scarface over Brando 10 out of 10 times. The CE has so much color and sh hanging off it i don't know what to think. But 100% to me the giant monitor with eight different things I don't understand reminds me of a casino slot machines. I really hope GF doesn't suck after the FOMO wears off. I just feel like I've been here before with GnR and TS4.

Unbelievable?

#2955 1 year ago

Maybe someone who has had GnR longer can tell me if you can change ball save time when you do have multi ball? I noticed on the GF stream the multi ball just kept kicking drained balls out for way too long!I know Keefer reads these forum please fix this approach and congratulations to JJP for fixing playfield and flipper issues.Also kudo’s for lighting up perimeter of the backglass and shipping machines so quickly after reveal!!!!

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yes you can change the ball save time. I halved mine, and the length of it feels just right.

Will do.I wish they would have did this with GF stream,it kept putting balls back in play for 30 seconds.
I had already change setting to shorter ball save but is there a separate setting for multi ball save?

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Nice! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Me too

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

This will be my first JJP... What's this I read about flippers getting hot? Is this all JJP?

Your flippers will be fine just push in all the cables in tight

#2995 1 year ago

Beautiful just beautiful!!
I was hoping JJP would get you on their pin artwork I hope this is just the beginning!Oh I love those art blades Mr Franchi

#3030 1 year ago

I like the way they have games ready to ship day one!It wasn’t always that way.Anti JJP Pinsiders use to harp on that issue a lot.
Now they’ve solved supply issues,flipper issues and playfield issues!Now they need to eliminate the over use of multi ball and try to get a hold on pricing

#3052 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There are supposedly some CE's showing up at TPF. Maybe they are getting a start on those as well in advance of mass shipments.

I’ve heard this too about JJP is bringing 10 machines 7 LE’ and 3CE’s

#3070 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If I had dropped $12-$15K on a machine you better believe my review would be good. So if that is what you are waiting to hear don’t worry you will hear it soon. For me no review is impartial unless it comes from those that have no skin in the game. But damn it is pretty ain’t it?

Didn’t the chap from IE Pinball stream give it a great reveiw?

#3085 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’ve never been impressed or drawn into a JJP game within the first 3 or 10 games. I’m probably a little frustrated as I don’t know what’s going on, where the ball is coming from, what my objective is etc. Thats true of every JJP game I’ve owned. They take a little time, a little effort, a little more attention and focus. JJP isn’t for casual games. I understand why people may walk up and put $1 in Pirates and walk away after. It’s only after you’ve spent some time with them that they open up and you really see what’s going on. This is true of good music as well (in my opinion). Most things that have left a lasting impression on me weren’t immediate, they took some time. Every single JJP game has been that way in my experience as well. It’s a relationship worth investing in. I’m confident Godfather will be the same.

Well said.

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wish all Godfather owners the best of luck with code support. It has been a long wait for Pirates (3+ years), GNR (1+ year), and Toy Story (few minor updates) owners.
[quoted image]

We heard you they heard and soon the whole world will hear you!
I hope to god they update Pirates and GnR if for anything you can move on lol still love you man

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Happy to say I plan on joining the club. This will be my first JJP I've gotten since getting Pirates.
The "board game" aspect really sold me. I needed to mix up my collection after the last 5 games I got were Sterns.

Can’t wait the streaming!

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats - please continue to keep us apprised of your gameplay experiences and insights!
Unfortunately, I'm expecting to hear a lot of negativity re: Godfather from those playing it at TPF as that environment will most likely not be favorable for playing it due to noise and limited gameplay times.

I literally just told the JJP crew to make sure the games they bring are set up properly.Proper incline level left to right and settings set for maximum feel!!!!Hope they listen
TPF is a chance to shine in a very crowed field that will probably favor Pulp Fiction at the show due to cool factor and simplicity

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

The biggest suggestion I have for anyone attending TPF that wants to give the Godfather a good try-out is BRING YOUR HEADPHONES. All of the LE's and CE's will have headphone plugs you can plug in to. I do believe you can do bluetooth also if you have AirPods, although I have never used the bluetooth option for that.

You better bring old school buds the bt might be glitchy

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

"I only had 2 to 3 games max"
But yeah, real thorough unbiased opinion for GF.

Uh yeah probably shouldn’t even say anything.JJP games take some playing to figure out!

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Kman has posted some pics of jacked up inserts from Mirco. Uh oh.

Not sure where he’s getting legit pictures of a CE anyway?I don’t think they invited him to the making of featurette?I wouldn’t get too excited over one pic that’s exactly what he wants is attention.Doesn’t matter if it’s negative!

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m either seeing things or…
Insert art is too thick or cc is too thin? Poking through on inserts?

I can almost hear the haters salivating lol

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Salivating over what? That mirco sucks? I’m a bit unhappy that my TBL playfield is pooling and chipping. Dude needs to have some accountability..

I totally agree that they should be held accountable.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I would not worry about that. You see clearcoat seepage around inserts often and on playfields other than just Mirco. It doesn't affect ball travel. Chipping clearcoat however would be a problem, but this doesn't show that. That's why the photo is captured with that bright light shined on it at just the perfect angle, as you wouldn't even notice it's there otherwise.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not a hater, but I did have JJP playfield issues that my awesome distro took care of himself and got me a new playfield.
I was waiting on GF to prove out so I would not have to live that crappy time of my life again with a chipping playfield, and manufacture not warranting the product as they claimed they would.
At least now every buyer of JJP pins should realize they have a zero playfield warranty on their new game. And if they buy it it is on them.
This makes me really sad, would that to you make me a hater as well?

you are not a hater I was just makeup the point that there is people out there that will take this one picture and blow it up to crazy proportions.I agree with Flipper-McGavin a few post back.Kaneda is a shit stirrer

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Feminine hygiene product.

Yes this^^^^

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Why didn't JJP stick with their clever Toy Story 4 formula and call this Godfather III?

duh

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Glad to know someone had time to read the entire thread.

Duh

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes. For buying them. Easy fix for that.

Have you ever owned a JJP?

#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for input.
Can’t wait for other owners to chime in too.
Come on Eric and JJP - I like the Risk game board approach and it looks like a good JJP shooter (nice) - but let’s keep getting those GF assets in the game!

I think you can count on it.Games are never complete initially.Wonka is a good comparison of what they generally do.

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well done on Pulp Fiction looks like it could be be a really fun game .
Besides GF , out of all the new games that's the one I would want .

You could buy a GF right now play it for two years sell it and then take delivery on you PF

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

CE confirmed to be at Texas Pinball Festival.

I think JJP are bringing three CE’s and seven LE’s.Now that I see this written it seems unlikely they’ll be that many but it’s what I was told

#3288 1 year ago

On a side note can someone tell me the type of cloth you use to clean invisaglass?I use sprayway from Sam’s.I’m having a brain glitch on cloth

#3290 1 year ago

Thank you I guess I’ve been using the right stuff but it’s hard to get rid of the streaks

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, not a fan.

I’m betting it’s a simple fix so if you love the game I would wait and see what the company or community comes up with

#3322 1 year ago

Wouldn't a SDTM problem be remedied by adjusting the roll axis instead of the pitch?

Yes if roll axis means playfield is level from side to side.I use a torpedo level at low med and high as possible.And an inclinometer for playfield pitch

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe this is the new JJP model. Get the A + license for title only, with minimal assets. Cuts down on licensor approvals, money and time.

Those cocksuckers!!

#3361 1 year ago

Isn't Pirates like that as well?

In comparison to JB60 it's a full of assets!

#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not played it yet hopefully soon but how does it rate in the code department? I know it’s got a lot of MB and stacking etc. but can you differentiate what’s going on or is it just madness with everything blinking? I played GnR and often found it was just too overwhelming that I didn’t like it when everything was flashing all the time.
I’m debating to get this instead of Elvira partly because I’ve been reading on Elvira how much variation in build quality some new build need just about everything fixed to get it playing correctly. I don’t know if I’m up to that as t again after my RnM experience.

There’s been quite a few early reveiws that indicate it’s better in the MB area of play.And I can also assume by early reporting of only minor adjustments of switches.

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I guess it is just one of those things, it will either fit or it won't.

That’s what she said

#3444 1 year ago

Will there’s at least one CE at the show!

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did they say when they are bringing LTG : ) back ?

Somebody there tee this up!

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I'm glad to see they are heading in the right direction with the God Father.

They sure are! Do you suppose the surveys they sent to JJP owners made a difference? It’s nice to hear the positive feedback from TPF.

#3538 1 year ago

I'm predicting right now that Godfather is going to blow up to POTC status!

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Was the new/additional code drop reflected in the game presented Friday?

If your talking at the big show then yes I think Buffalo Pinball is twitching with 1.04

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Need toys that interact with the ball in the game and for only 500 or so total to be made for that to happen lol. Godfather looks cool but POTC is on another level mech and toy wise.

We shall see! The 500 does make it more rare but I think we its all said and done it will be highly sought after too.
I know your bummed with JJP right now and for your sake if not anything else I hope update code for POTC and GnR!!!!

#3545 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My bad guy is fixed so I’ll be streaming 1.04 tomorrow night

What time does it start sir?

#3549 1 year ago

Will be going live at 8 Eastern!

Thanks man

#3558 1 year ago

Alright alright I got carried away with all the praise I was hearing on podcast from people who’ve played it!!I’m still pissed at myself for not jumping on POTC when it first came out I did my usual wait and see approach that usually works.

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hopefully he's ok , because he's going to be here this weekend .

I’ve seen him in the past with this left hand tremor.The voice is a separate temporary problem.I believe the term is essential tremors.It seems that Eric is the Star now!

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Holy crap that sure looks like Parkinson's disease to me.

I think Parkinson’s would effect both hands and he doesn’t seem to be pill rolling

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Parkinsons doesn't have to affect both hands. It can only affect one side of the body for years.
Pill rolling is not true for all patients as well.

I’m a kitchen &bath contractor so I’ll take your word What’s your opinion on what he’s doing?

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Could be many things..., essential tremor, Parkinsons, reaction from medications.
Hopefully it's minor and he is doing well.

Not to belabor this issue after all this is a Godfather thread but I noticed Jacks tremor three years ago at expo.That would rule out meds I would think.Anyway I hope he’s doing well also.We need Jack to really get that HP or Matrix IP

#3649 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Haha, you noticed that quickly!
So sound...I'd say I'm neutral on it. It's not bad. When I heard Karl's stream, it seemed worse. In person, it seemed perfectly fine.
The sound stand outs as a weak point b/c everything else is stellar in the game. I'm an unabashed David Thiel fan and he's sorely missed.
So, in summary, sound is not bad, not great. "It gets the job done".

We should start a petition to get David Thiel on sound for all JJP games!!!!!!

#3650 1 year ago

This game is getting a lot of positive comments. I hope it's not just all in pity after people's hatred for Toy Story 4 (never played it myself.)

I don’t think TS4 has anything to do with review and opinions of GF.The reason I say this with confidence is because a lot of the reviews are coming from people openly admitting they didn’t expect to like it that much

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Need toys that interact with the ball in the game and for only 500 or so total to be made for that to happen lol. Godfather looks cool but POTC is on another level mech and toy wise.

I watched the Buffalo Pinball stream of Pirates a couple of days ago and it is crazy cool with mechs.

#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Got some games in on this one at MGC this past weekend - underwhelmed, to say the least.

Wow I'm shocked!lol

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I agree. JP is not a top 10 game IMO either.

But Elwin did it.

#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. He did Bond 60th too. lol

I was being sarcastic.A lot of Stern pinheads claim that he is a pin god?

#3794 1 year ago

This train of thought is hilarious.
Games ready to deliver
Coded for complete game
Playfield looking good
Flipper issue resolved
Check,check and check
Oh wait we’re not happy with…….

#3800 1 year ago

That's a really low bar. A pin could literally be terrible and still meet those criteria.

They did it this way because if they didn’t it would be boring!

#3824 1 year ago
Quoted from addams40:

Loving the game play and deep rules . A CE will look nice next to my pirates. Rules similar

Yes sir It will be badass!

#3836 1 year ago

Question Do you think there’s any truth to JJP possibly releasing a flipper board to update past games like GnR and Wonka?

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you heard that? I have not. I would think it would also take a code update to go with it...

Someone at the show put it out there saying they had insider info.
It is good to hear that folks are loving the new setup.
Oh wait now I remember it was a statement that Kenada put out there.lol

#3979 1 year ago

Always put your god games together.
[quoted image]

Big Pimpin

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Machine - For Sale

Wish I had money !!!

The Godfather (CE)

New ad!

NIB - New in box (personal) - “I have this GF CE paid in full coming from Great American Pinball. You can pick it up there when it arrives (May I’m told)
Of you can pay them to have it shipped. That’s betw...”

9 hours ago

Dixon, IL
(311 mi)

coasterguy

14,975 (Firm)

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

This game has sucked me in. I am driving 45 minutes away, multiple times a week to play this.
Chuck and I decided to do a little review on it. If you are interested or bored, give it a listen. It's free:
https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/HckVozsA4yb

Now you’ve done it!I need to figure out what to sell because I need a freakin Godfather.Thanks a lot man!

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I'll take it
This thread was a bit quiet .

He has a James Bond 60th so he obviously knows what bang for your buck is?

#4033 1 year ago

Damn this game is beeeeautiful!!

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I like Big Mike more. I like the look with the hat!

Same here!Fortunately they are interchangeable.I’d almost bet money there will be some alternatives soon.

1 week later
#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I often wonder if JJP owners could convince him to make us some “unofficial” JJP manuals. So frustrating losing him, LTG and David Thiel.

Losing all of these guys was big!!
Dialed In LE came with a huge printed manual.David Thiel sound was the best!David did say he would wear the JJP hat again some day

#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Well shit, let's bring that to fruition and manifest it into reality! The sooner the better. I think he was a key ingredient The Godfather could have really benefited greatly from. With GNR, and likely having Slash, and access to all kinds of riffs & etc., his absence wasn't nearly as noticeable as it is when you look at Godfather in comparison to something like Hobbit and the immersion of the audio experience.

I’m pretty certain that the best sound man in pinball is seeing this!Lets start a grassroots movement to bring David back to the best manufacturer

#4104 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Jen is Jack’s daughter and she’s been nothing but good to me but more importantly it’s about being respectful to women.
I’d prefer Jen helps gives them some of these suggestions we make to them rather than chase her out of here.
If I act like an ass, I’m more likely to be discredited or ignored, or risk having my opinion become undervalued. I’d prefer to be a VIP in their view.

I get it!It seems they sometimes take one step and then two. Steps back.They’ve fixed some pretty major issues recently.
But Jen and the other powers that be need to get David back in the fold.They are never going back to those wonderfully overdone manuals lol

#4113 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Godfather trilogy in 4K and Dolby Atmos is on sale on iTunes for $20. Just watched the first movie with a bunch of wings, and a few beers (wife is out of town so I’m being a lazy slob for the evening lol). This is a good film lol, may just have to buy this pin.

You might want to wait Until the code is complete?

#4117 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just for the record , POTC CE came with a printed manual and you could buy it for $100 .

DI was the last one like that.
They were crazy over the top!
I think the bean counters put a stop to this

#4121 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you mean all models came with a printed manual ?

Just Le’s and CE’s

#4122 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides a printed manual , these machines should come with a remote control .
With at least an on /off switch and volume up and down . Even a $10 fan comes with that

Are you in your leather Lazy Boy while you play?

#4127 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No , but I like to play sitting on a stool and why should you have to turn on the machine like a caveman

Actually a remote would be great!
I got to say I would worry alittle bit about the on/off part of the remote with JJP games.

#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not sure why , that should be the simplest bit .

I’m worried someone would turn game off while it was still booting up!The kids have strict orders to not turn on my JJP games themselves.
I don’t know why I just thought of this but is anyone else happy that jimwest isn’t on these thread’s anymore?

#4137 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Put your game on a smart plug for on and off. Don’t all models of godfather have volume control on the front? Or is that only for headphones?

All JJP LE’s and CE’s have volume control for on board speakers.
I’m pretty sure the only JJP’s that did not have this was SE’s

#4138 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Some of us won’t buy, wallet talk.

Now where have I heard this before?

#4144 12 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree with you 100% on the multiball complaint. All of the stacking and the generic vibe to each of the multiballs makes the experience feel a bit dull and not rewarding as it could be. The Godfather films are all about these deep stories yet the multiballs lack story elements. Each should be filled IMO with movie clips, unique light shows, and story elements.
I’ve said this before but what about Sicily Multiball is about Sicily? What about Compound multiball is about a compound? Sadly not much. I just watched all three films this weekend and there’s a lot of story elements that could have been used in those modes to make them more interesting. Instead we get a single animation playing in a quadrant and are asked to make jackpot shots. I don’t get that type of mode design and it’s starting to become a bit too common across recent JJP games.

Maybe they’re not done with code yet?It is a new game.

#4150 12 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I hope I am wrong as well but typically this isn't the case with JJP games and if it is POTC, we may never get a complete game.

It goes from one extreme to the other!

But I had a DI and Wonka for quite awhile and they unleashed huge code updates when I thought game was complete.

#4212 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Speaking of CEs. How long does it take JJP to knock out 500 to 1000 LEs so they can move on to CEs? I know stern knocks out 1000 LEs in a couple weeks. JJP has been building these for almost 2 months already since they had games ready to ship on day one.
Not necessarily complaining but more curious.

When did your distributor say you were getting your CE?

#4217 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

All I was told was “Spring”. Probably because that is what JJP has been saying. Have to be getting close.

The delay solidly works to your advantage!This title has had very few initial issues thankfully.
I would be going crazy too if I was waiting lol

#4228 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Day 1

Day 2

Just days later.. day 6

What happened??

Hilarious!!

#4235 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol you must be watching a different set of movies then if you think Fredo isn’t a big part of those first two movies. Better rewatch.

Isn’t Fredo Chris Cuomo’s brother?

#4269 11 months ago

Anybody know what kind of numbers the LE is racking up?

#4308 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Modfather seems to have a fairly comprehensive collection of GF Mods, including a couple of horse-head shooter rods.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/the-godfather-custom-shooter-rod-stallion
Ultimately I went with Super SkillShot's shooter for a more accurate, uh...skillshot.
https://superskillshot.com/products/godfather-keychain-shooter

The one you got is what I would’ve chosen,but damn that’s expensive!!

#4314 11 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

True. But I'm not wildly confident where things in our market are headed economically into next year. Plus, with a new EHOH coming, a Lebowski after that, and in a few months Scooby Doo, and at some point after the PF CE, I'm not at the highest point of my hype level to get one you could say.

Dump the Scooby!

#4354 11 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Why do you say dump Scooby? Aside from the usual QC issues with Spooky pins, why pass it over? Scooby has me intrigued, but so does Godfather and I keep flip flopping on which game to add next…first world problems lol. Is Scooby too easy? R&M and Alice Cooper are fast and brutal, just like Alien, so I’d be surprised if Scooby were super easy with long ball times. I’ll probably add Godfather CE back on the wish list just because the thing is so damn beautiful and a work of art like all JJP pins. Looking forward to seeing and playing one of these at CA Extreme or on location to form an impression

It does seem from all the feedback from large number of folks who played it at TPF was that it was too easy and I hate easy games!
Godfather on the other hand has received great reviews even from some Stern fans.I just think it would last longer in a home collection.IMO

1 week later
#4408 11 months ago

Man this thread has shit the bed !

#4428 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yes! Congratulations!

LOL! I got blamed for our toddler learning "bitch" and a few other choice words. Then I realized he learned them from playing our South Park.

Ain’t no big deal until you get a call from his school! Lol

#4518 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I see all this junk I see:
- Breaking the theme integration the designers put thought into
- New places for the ball to get stuck
- Stuff I'd need to remove if I bought the game
- Flipper toppers adding weight/drag to the flippers
Buy a dollhouse instead.

Dude you’ve gotten cynical!
I love it and you are correct!

1 week later
#4611 11 months ago

Apparently, you don't listen to pinball podcasts then. Regardless though - although I have, they are DEAD TO ME now!
At least until the next episode anyway. Perhaps I'll send them an email in the meantime.

I just listened and I’ve got to say they sound like idiots!!

#4614 11 months ago

Yeah, but what you're hearing is out of context when considered in proportion to the 200+ episodes they've done over many years. They're actually pretty good pinheads and very knowledgeable regarding collecting, repairing, and playing games.
Just not the biggest JJP game fans - particularly Bruce. Ron (who also co-hosts the Silverball Chronicles podcast on TPN) loves Dialed In and considers that to be JJP's best game to date.

I was just goofing but when they just trash every pin JJP has put out it makes them sound like petty fan boy idiots

#4639 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Exactly! It was done @ JJP to prove the point.

Eric likes to amaze us with his engineering prowess!

2 weeks later
#4737 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Hot off the press from JJP.
The Godfather Collector's Editions continue to ship internationally with the domestic games shipping in July!
[quoted image]

Any inside information on how many were built for international market?

2 weeks later
#4826 9 months ago

What was the big announcement Eric mentioned on last stream?

#4828 9 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Seems to have been delayed for some reason.

Will crap I was ready for some good news!

#4832 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.
My guess is they are getting ready to roll out their version of scorbit/insider connected. Only bigger and better from all the feedback here on Pinside on how those could have been improved.
My second guess is new owners.
My third guess is they are getting Butch back.
My fourth guess is they are getting me back.
My fifth guess at the recent license convention they spent a fortune to secure the PTC license.
That's all I got. I gun out of guesses. Take your pick. Or add your own.
LTG : )

Insider connected for the win with a fat side order of GnR code!!

#4868 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sure Godzilla came out with minimal code but now it's past Godfather and JJP's other recent releases in terms of depth. I don't understand the car brand comparison. Toyota's are reliable, offer a good amount of features, and retain their resale value fairly well so it that Stern? lol. Personally I rather have a moving building with a physical ball lock on its roof, mini moving jump ramp + mecha Godzilla toy with magnet, magna grab toy, and a breakable bridge over a ton of LED's and a moving figurine.

The transition to the dark side is now complete!lol

#4881 9 months ago

I'm done debating this here lol.

Are you sure?

#4894 9 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Unboxing time!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the gaudiness lol fucking in your face BOLD!

#4920 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not enough gold on that machine for you?

Your just being silly now.

#4924 9 months ago

Allow me zaphX
[quoted image]

Lol I was hoping he would step into the trap but alas he must have known?

#4926 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Pride Month was last month, please stop.

Nice

#4995 9 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

How’s the dual knockers with the topper? I don’t think I’ve seen a video of it in action.

This would be cool,up close with good sound

#5025 9 months ago

I’m crying right now,because I don’t have one

#5063 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Out of the hype thread as now an owner. Only input = no hype needed anymore....CE is legit badass on multiple levels.....

With your collection That’s a bold statement!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.