WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Wait, I thought this was Harry Potter???

Thats the second theme release. Thats coming tomorrow.

#1202 1 year ago

#1203 1 year ago

Recommend Watching the sdtm video.... game looks amazing .... great job all involved... still not paying these prices without some time on the machine. Another stellar release by jjp tho...

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I simply don't have the decor to support this pin.
[quoted image]

post of the year !

#1205 1 year ago

Well it certainly is an eye catcher.

#1206 1 year ago

I know you won't want to believe me, but the bumper and lane target were in the game way before we saw other games they may have appeared in.

In fact, regarding the inlane target, you should be accusing us of ripping off Vonnie D!

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The Art of Pinball guy is going to make a shit ton of money re making the sculpts on this one. Looks like it could be fun to play but I think I’ll wait for a second hand one…maybe. The CE has better cabinet art, but Jesus those legs and shooter rod are terrible.

The hell you talking about? Best shooter rod ever.

#1208 1 year ago

Is there something that lists the extra's on the CE? Can't seem to find
Any game play difference between the 2?

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

its crazy to see how the initial critisism turned into big FOMO ordering. haha
As said above: the trailer shows nothing of the screen or godfather integration into the gameplay: who says there is full movies integration like with the hobbit? If not, it could be a generic mafia theme. Not saying that’s not cool but I really need to see more than some vague playfield pics to tell if this is a great pinball.

Watch the SDTM featurette

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

The hell you talking about? Best shooter rod ever.

I'm just afraid I would hit my hog on that horse.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm just afraid I would hit my hog on that horse.

Hey man whatever you are in to....

#1212 1 year ago

I just ordered GF CE. I hope I won’t regret this. I had to go with CE because of Marlo!

#1213 1 year ago

I am not realistically a buyer for NIB games but I really couldn’t be more excited about the state of pinball right now! Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, whatever in the heck Multimorphic has going on, and I’m probably missing a few. And this is only March of 2023. Shoot, we’ve still got nine more months to go in 2023 - sky’s the limit! More pins is always a good thing.

I also get to live vicariously through some of you guys casually clicking, “Buy Now,” on a $15,000 game plus tax and shipping. That’s amazing!

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

The price kills it for me.
Looks like a $9500 to $10k game.
The CE with the topper I’m okay with as it’s somewhat limited and way out of my range.
I’m out on the price. Music and game look cool.

LE is basically a Stern Premium for $2300 more.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

In fact, regarding the inlane target, you should be accusing us of ripping off Vonnie D!

Kinda amusing considering he was a scammer that went to jail for selling drugs, and now you have a game about building up a criminal enterprise.

#1216 1 year ago

I can honestly say, this has exceeded my expectations, well done JJP! When I look at pricing, I think JJP has more value than Stern for what you get. May be an unpopular opinion because of the militant brand loyal people here, but that's my opinion. I'm in (payment sent) from the JJP website...

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Is there something that lists the extra's on the CE? Can't seem to find

It's all the things towards the top in the features. They did cram enough cosmetic stuff in the CE to differentiate it a lot from an LE.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I can honestly say, this has exceeded my expectations, well done JJP! When I look at pricing, I think JJP has more value than Stern for what you get. May be an unpopular opinion because of the militant brand loyal people here, but that's my opinion. I'm in (payment sent) from the JJP website...

Agreed. The theme may not be for everyone but you can't compare a Dodge and a Lambo. Did that for Levi. He loves Carguments.

#1219 1 year ago

Apparently in the video Eric says there may be a different lieutenant character in the CE over the LE. Was it a different character all together or is it that one lights up and the other doesn’t? Any clarification on this?

#1220 1 year ago

Ordered a CE and just finished watching the featurette. Looks great! The gaudiness is on point just because of the theme.

#1221 1 year ago

congrats on your new purchase!

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

You don't get a topper in a Stern LE game, and the ones they do make are ridiculous for sure ($2000 for a flat plastic Mando topper LMAO)

#1223 1 year ago

Slash guitar solo is great!

#1224 1 year ago

I like it. Congrats to all the new owners. Interested to see some firsthand impressions of both versions before TPF.

Speaking of which, TPF is going to ROCK with all this new stuff.

#1225 1 year ago

Godfather looks great but there is no way in HELL I would sell POTC for it.

POTC is still the KING of JJP!

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Slash guitar solo is great!

They hired an orchestra and Mark Tremonti sings. Interesting.

#1227 1 year ago

I'm back in the JJP CE club with this one! I'm excited looks like a well rounded and thought out package.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Agreed. I'm going to put it right next to POTC.

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

No.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Kinda amusing considering he was a scammer that went to jail for selling drugs

To be completely fair, I think that was Vonnie's partner, not Vonnie himself.

Quoted from playtwowin:

Apparently in the video Eric says there may be a different lieutenant character in the CE over the LE. Was it a different character all together or is it that one lights up and the other doesn’t? Any clarification on this?

Different physical model.

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

If you compare the models there are two different sculpts in the middle. One is Floyd and the other is Mike.

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Godfather 50th Anniversary Pinball Featurette

Great job!

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The only ones saying POTC is the king of JJP are the actual owners.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You probably don't wanna argue code if you're on the jjp side. Where is pirate's finished code? Please tell me they're not stopping with gnrs code the way it is. Toy story needs more, too. Stern does release machines with lame code, but it gets finished big time.

I didn’t say finished. I said “completed basic code” as in, you can play the game, and complete meaningful modes. Look at GB, Mando, GOT... the past 6 years of Stern’s people have been foaming at the mouth waiting 3+ years for MAJOR MODES to be finished!

Games should be shipping with all the basic modes and “Wizard mode” completed. They don’t have to be perfect, but the basic outlines should be in place. Playing a new game with broken and incomplete modes on release sucks all the fun out of it.

JJPs aren’t great, but from a code standpoint at least they are shipping games that you can play. Bond right now is pretty rough. Yes, I’m sure in a year it will be incredible... sucks having to wait 12 months for a game you bought new to actually get meaningful updates.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Definitely not the King, and I own one

#1235 1 year ago

So, is it true that they rethemed this for Harry Potter, and reveal is tomorrow? Or is this leg-pulling?

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

No it isn’t, not even close, not even in the same zip code. A JJP LE and Stern LE are the comparable models when you compare features and extras. Stern LE is $13k, JJP LE $12k. A JJP CE is the equivalent of a Stern SLE.

#1237 1 year ago

The topper with 2 knockers sounds awesome!!!

#1238 1 year ago

Watch the featurette. That gave much more of an idea what all is packed into this game. Still not my theme, but I hope to play it at TPF. Should be a really fun game.

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Yeah... That is why it is their highest ranking game on Pinside. Good Point!

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Agreed. I'm going to put it right next to POTC.

That's my plan too!

#1241 1 year ago

I feel like a junkie sharing my progress at the group meeting:

I waited 45 minutes before ordering. That's 9x longer than I usually do. I feel my ability to resist is improving.

Thanks for your support.

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The topper with 2 knockers sounds awesome!!!

I like KNOCKERS.

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I feel like a junkie sharing my progress at the group meeting:
I waited 45 minutes before ordering. That's 9x longer than I usually do. I feel my ability to resist is improving.
Thanks for your support.

haha! I waited 1 minute. Progress is good.

#1244 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get some godfather cake toppers at?

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

You don't get a topper in a Stern LE game, and the ones they do make are ridiculous for sure ($2000 for a flat plastic Mando topper LMAO)

No topper on a JJP LE either

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha! I waited 1 minute. Progress is good.

I’m Definitely improving usually start a week out emailing distro.Waited until midnight last night.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

As shots go this game has way more than TS4 and GNR - that's pretty cool. Like the captured newton ball idea. And lift ramps? Gotta love the throwback to the System 11 era Waaay too much money for me to consider buying but I'll definitely play this on location. Good job Eric! And for those thinking its a GZ ripoff... no, I'm sure it won't feel like GZ. The upper left flipper is more AIQ/Demoman anyways.

More than GNR? Um, No

22B12195-759C-4A6A-9076-E8811C8C9325.gif22B12195-759C-4A6A-9076-E8811C8C9325.gif
#1248 1 year ago

On first impressions this is looking like it could be best JJP game by a mile.

Didn't think I would be saying that today!

#1249 1 year ago

Watched the SDTM video. Gotta admit, I didn't think I'd be interested at all in this. I've never even bothered to watch all the movies....but this looks good.

So many decisions this month.

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

No topper on a JJP LE either

That’s one of the reasons why a Stern LE and JJP LE are comparable models. Each of those models has invisiglass / HD glass, shaker motor, power coated armor, etc. A Stern premium does not.

A JJP CE comes with a substantial interactive topper plus a bunch of other special extras. A Stern LE is $13k with no topper, no RadCals, no multi autograph plate, no spark playfield, no LED cabinet lighting, etc. Add another $2k - $3k from Stern for their latest toppers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11,999.99
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.