WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 103.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Put that CE topper on the Kingpin Remake! There's a winner!

is anybody still interested in Kingpin?

#1052 1 year ago

Sopranos, Kingpin and godfather CE yea that is going to be my new lineup. I already have kingpin and sopranos… Thanks Jack from one Italian American to another for making my dream theme.

#1053 1 year ago

Garish

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Really like the "stained glass" look of the center inserts, very cool art choice. And the gaudy gold accents on the CE armor are amazing. Regardless of whether you think they're "tasteful", they look cool and that sort of over-the-top accent is what Bond 60 needed if it wanted to appear extra special and worthy of a crazy price.

Perfect!

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

You can, those are magnetized

Just saw that. Good.

#1056 1 year ago

Deposit sent, waiting for that delivery date now. Might be a while....

Looking forward to it. Mm MMM.

#1057 1 year ago

Definitely aspects that read more "Mafia, the mobile game", than Godfather. I think it could definitely be fun, but I guess a "choose your family" concept just seems a bit of a stretch for the theme, even though it probably makes for a better game.

#1058 1 year ago

2 Regular, 10 Super, 1 Hidden Skill Shots

We need more of this.

#1059 1 year ago

Kaneda is losing his shit, he really hates Franchi's art package
I like it

#1060 1 year ago

Looks Fun!!! Can't wait to shoot!!!

#1061 1 year ago

Eric just said it's his fastest playing he has made. This game looks packed.

#1062 1 year ago

Based on the rule sheet, looks like it will be another multiball heavy game.

#1063 1 year ago

TOTAN freaks in for the legs alone

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

is anybody still interested in Kingpin?

yes!

#1065 1 year ago

Excited to see some real gameplay and how the sounds are integrated. I think it looks awesome from 1000ft view and like the idea of the houses and turf battles and whatnot...... although prices still make me sick, but knew that was coming.

#1066 1 year ago

I was there when these were still available

C773FCAB-64DE-4B3E-96EA-EBBF1A1D468D (resized).jpegC773FCAB-64DE-4B3E-96EA-EBBF1A1D468D (resized).jpeg
#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I was there when these were still available
[quoted image]

Anyone got a 90% off coupon code? Asking for a friend.

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Excited to see some real gameplay and how the sounds are integrated. I think it looks awesome from 1000ft view and like the idea of the houses and turf battles and whatnot...... although prices still make me sick, but knew that was coming.

Used GNR LE’s and TS4 LE’s are selling for under NIB prices. You’ll be able to get one of these for under as well in the secondary market.

#1069 1 year ago

Pick your poison. You can buy The Godfather or The Gaudfather.

#1070 1 year ago

I see comments from people talking about how gaudy it looks. OF COURSE IT'S GONNA LOOK GAUDY! IT'S A GODFATHER PIN!

They really nailed it with the touches on it. You have to remember 50s, high class, Italian decorative style. That's the theme. The only thing they left out is a plastic covered couch.

The interactive topper is a show stopper. Absolutely love it. #Awesome! And the (water fountain?) pop bumper is way cool.

#1071 1 year ago

Going to buy the godfather and put my cactus canyon exactly 20 paces apart from each other. We are going to have an old fashion shootout gentleman.

#1072 1 year ago

I think it looks great. The playfield looks fast and flowy and it has a lot of interesting and cool mechs. I think the artwork is really well done too. the only thing I don't like is the price. Hope JJP sells a bunch of them like GNR so that I can pick one up later on the secondary market for less.

#1073 1 year ago

Shots, art, toys, bling all look great, and no doubt the sound and video will be spectacular - but will never buy another JJP without first experiencing the rules. Too simple, too complicated, too chaotic... Hopefully they will get it right this time.

#1074 1 year ago

The more you get shot and play the more the clear peels off! Mirco special feature!

#1075 1 year ago

What a time to be in this glorious hobby!!

Eric, Elwin, Danesi and Jack...The PinBubble will never burst!!!!

#1076 1 year ago

My first impression was it looks like a flip-flopped version of Frankenstein. I like Frankenstein so I'll probably like this. Not gonna shell out 12K for it though, sorry bout that.

#1077 1 year ago

$12K or $9700 for Foo... I dunno.

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO the design system they built surrounding the IP/theme doesn't gel well w/ the over-all films feels incohesive. To my lens it looks too cartoony & tonally doesn't capture the feel. Looks pretty; but that's about it.

Another predictable comment!Stale and stupid

#1079 1 year ago

Never thought I’d even consider this theme, but man Eric made a great looking game. Can’t wait to see it go

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Kaneda is losing his shit, he really hates Franchi's art package
I like it

He said the same thing about Halloween..."too colorful, should be dark". Pinball looks shitty when it's dull and grimy looking. Pinball needs to have color, it just does. While it's typical of Franchi's "Photoshop-esque" work, it's cohesive. It pops well enough. If you go "dark", you end up with that Sega/early Stern look that's just dated and unappealing. If I was a huge Godfather fan, I'd be happy with this art.

#1081 1 year ago

Damn, they really exceeded my expectations for this theme, gorgeous art, really cool mechs and shots.

But these prices are just too much... I'm gonna have to pass. Pin prices really need to come back down to earth.

#1082 1 year ago

There's a term they use in the music industry - over produced. This is the most over-produced pinball game I've ever seen. So far beyond the movie's tone and character, which is a good thing for a pinball game, because it speeds up the pace and adds excitement. But it could be any generic Mafia game, didn't have to be Godfather.

The code and audio design will do all the heavy lifting on this one. Better be first class and complete for a hit.

#1083 1 year ago

I love it! Looks super fun and I love the theme!

#1084 1 year ago

This game looks dope plain and simple...Slash on the instrumental too??

Damn

#1085 1 year ago

The "Godzillafather" thing seems to be catching on but I don't know. I'll need convincing.

There's only so much you can do with a playfield layout!

#1086 1 year ago

Anyone know who's on callouts?

#1087 1 year ago

The stained glass window animations look cool.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.38.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.38.25 AM (resized).png
#1088 1 year ago

I have CE’s and LE’s available for preorder
PM for info.
Cell 586-530-8206 call or text

#1089 1 year ago

I think it looks great. Artwork, playfield, and cabinet are done well and are definitely theme appropriate.

The topper is really cool and it looks like there's a few interactive toys in it which is a nice touch.

Great job JJP.

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I see comments from people talking about how gaudy it looks. OF COURSE IT'S GONNA LOOK GAUDY! IT'S A GODFATHER PIN!
They really nailed it with the touches on it. You have to remember 50s, high class, Italian decorative style. That's the theme. The only thing they left out is a plastic covered couch.
The interactive topper is a show stopper. Absolutely love it. #Awesome! And the (water fountain?) pop bumper is way cool.

This. Completely agree.

#1091 1 year ago

Any movie assets in the callouts or animations?

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He said the same thing about Halloween..."too colorful, should be dark". Pinball looks shitty when it's dull and grimy looking. Pinball needs to have color, it just does. While it's typical of Franchi's "Photoshop-esque" work, it's cohesive. It pops well enough. If you go "dark", you end up with that Sega/early Stern look that's just dated and unappealing. If I was a huge Godfather fan, I'd be happy with this art.

I agree, I think it looks great

#1093 1 year ago

When do we get to see actual gameplay?

#1094 1 year ago

I think it's gorgeous. Jesper Abels and Christopher Franchi did a fantastic job bringing something different to the table, really atmospheric and moody, but also excellently realized on a technical level. Hats off to them.

The CE is gaudy to the point of being tacky, I think it looks utterly ridiculous, but these games are way overpriced anyways, save your money and get the classy looking one with a shooter rod that won't hurt your hand and legs that won't rip your jeans.

I am never spending even $12k on a pinball, JJP has zero chance of getting me as a customer, but I'll flip it given the chance and that's the model I'd buy if I was feeling stupid about spending cash.

I just don't know how to feel about that right habitrail. It's interesting, but kind of awkward too. Maybe if it wasn't just arrow straight? I guess that's to keep the ball speed up so it can hit the inlane target on release but it looks weird. Different is good though, so I'm not mad. Just gotta see how it feels in person.

There are going to be a thousand posts about how Eric is ripping off Keith Elwin. It's a pop bumper. It's okay. Keith borrows from games too, it's how pinball works. I'm glad to see interesting pop designs flourishing, a single pop with ball paths around it is a good thing to me.

Overall I'm very pleasantly surprised, because after the shit show that was the Wonka art package just being a straight slot machine copy paste I was worried that's what we'd get here too, another slot machine plop. Instead this is something with a lot of love poured into it.

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "Godzillafather" thing seems to be catching on but I don't know. I'll need convincing.

I'm just curious to see how Godzilla shoots with mushy flippers.

Bring on the downvotes!

#1096 1 year ago

Can still buy CEs from the JJP website. So clearly not flying off the shelves after the burn that happened with TS4. Probably a good thing for the hobby overall to have more of a try it before you buy it feel. Although JJP will miss the $30M in sales in a few hours they bragged about with TS4 launch.

#1097 1 year ago

In the video, one of the animations shows "Cash Out Total" which leads me to believe Eric kept some of the risk/reward elements like GNR songs. It looks rules-wise this could be a mashup of POTC (more traditional modes, combos, different themed multi-balls etc.) and GNR (risk/reward mechanism). I'm sure some will love that and some will hate it. Either way it's a new game and I'm excited to see game play.

The LCD UI looks much like WOZ too.

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yes. It’s supposed to look like that. More gaudy the better.

#1099 1 year ago

Is there any pics of the CE "RGB Lighted Statue of Liberty" vs. the non-lit LE version?

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.42.17 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.42.17 PM (resized).png

#1100 1 year ago

My last two JJP games they couldnt put the inner art blades on correctly..
JJP Please.. please practice before making my game.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, SC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.