WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 103.
#1501 1 year ago
7dnlk3 (resized).jpg7dnlk3 (resized).jpg7dnlr2 (resized).jpg7dnlr2 (resized).jpg
#1502 1 year ago

Looks good, I’m surprised it didn’t sell out instantly again. Did we finally find were FOMO, flippers and price part ways.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

Looks good, I’m surprised it didn’t sell out instantly again. Did we finally find were FOMO, flippers and price part ways.

Flippers have gotten burned a lot.... and there are a ton of machines available now.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Italians should get a discount on this game!!

Faggitaboutit

#1505 1 year ago

Sweet sweet karma

Quoted from insight75:

Flippers have gotten burned a lot.... and there are a ton of machines available now.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

Same situation here. We're starting with the first movie tonight!

I'm in the opposite boat.
After watching this film for decades, I just can't get into it anymore. Yes, it's a classic and a top 10 all time movie, but my viewing of it has been run into the ground. While the serious tone and depth of this film can't be denied, it just never ignited a "fun" memory for me the way something like Big Trouble in Little China does.

I'm happy for those ordering. I'll give it chance on location to see if something stirs.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

it just never ignited a "fun" memory for me the way something like Big Trouble in Little China does.

Was not expecting that comparison....

#1508 1 year ago

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Was not expecting that comparison....

Sorry, trying to express my interest in fun movies and memories that could easily convert to a gaming or pinball experience. GF just has too much baggage for me to make that leap.

#1510 1 year ago

I wonder when these puppies will ship and which ones.... Usually the CEs come after a run of the LEs right?

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I wonder when these puppies will ship and which ones.... Usually the CEs come after a run of the LEs right?

Right

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

John Borg just posted A Perfect Circle video yesterday. Should we get that rumor going Tool fan?

I don't see Maynard or the rest of the band backing that, but Tool would be one of those "dream themes" for me that people talk about.

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I mean, if you're going to be a complete asshat, you should probably also call him a lousy pinball player?

He’s a good pinball player for sure.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Sorry, trying to express my interest in fun movies and memories that could easily convert to a gaming or pinball experience. GF just has too much baggage for me to make that leap.

Same thing here, Godfather just does not bring a smile to my face or a song in my heart. Kinda silly, I know but the films are quite depressing. Even Walking Dead is lighter due to being sci fi. I mean a horse head in bed is not "fun" especially for the horse. Now a pin based on the movie The Hangover ...... that would be very nice.

#1515 1 year ago

Gentlemen...these are Leg Toppers. Not Leg Armor.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Same thing here, Godfather just does not bring a smile to my face or a song in my heart. Kinda silly, I know but the films are quite depressing. Even Walking Dead is lighter due to being sci fi. I mean a horse head in bed is not "fun" especially for the horse. Now a pin based on the movie The Hangover ...... that would be very nice.

Yep. Hangover would be great and hilarious.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I love the hobby and to set the stage I never I purchase a pin with the hope to make $$. At best if I am blessed to break even I consider it a win. The way I look at it is for example if after playing GFCE for 4 months and I end up just not vibing it or as some have mentioned a new shiny pin comes to market, and I sell it for say 13k (or even 12k) I am still stoked as I got to lease a game for 4 months @500 per month(if sold at 13k). It's a win win, the buyer gets a solid deal and I recoup some of my cash while getting to have fun with a new pin ans seeing if it's a keeper. I know not everyone will agree with this outlook however I have spent 500 a month on shitter things in life

This is a great outlook! Being patient is also cool. No right/wrong. For me, it has little to do with money and everything to do with bumping one of my games. I've honed my collection over 20 years and it's really hard to let one of my favorites go!

To be honest, though, if every game I've ever purchased resulted in a 2-3k loss, it would eventually add up and hurt! It's easier to be cavalier when the wins & losses have been to our advantage for the past 20 years. For new, younger collectors that like buying all the new games, it might be a different story.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I was told by Michael over at JJP today that the CE's should be delivered by June

#1519 1 year ago

This is an interesting one, where JJP got the license, while understanding the movies don't directly translate to pinball, as they said in the SDTM video. It's probably why it's going over better than if they had been tone deaf to reality. There's also probably a lot of lowered expectations that are helping to prop this table up in people's minds.

#1520 1 year ago

Let's be honest, that cartoonish sculpt with the Tommy gun on the playfield is completely out of place with the rest of the pin, animations, and especially the art. Quite an odd decision to go with that style.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Let's be honest, that cartoonish sculpt with the Tommy gun on the playfield is completely out of place with the rest of the pin, animations, and especially the art. Quite an odd decision to go with that style.

I would have liked that sculpt to be a more menacing style like Bart in CCr.

#1522 1 year ago

The sculpt reminds me of a different Pacino movie

66A8832C-284D-4D8D-A60B-951751E6FCC9.gif66A8832C-284D-4D8D-A60B-951751E6FCC9.gif
#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I will say this, the changing of the guard has happened...SR is the last line of defense of the old guard, Lawlor shit the bed with TS4, Gomez crapped out with JB, and Stevie needs to show me something, or else it's over and we've entered the New Generation

Interesting take, I kinda agree. I've faith in Steve though, star wars is one of his best. The market, however, may be moving away from hard games that squeeze you for your quarters. Does Ritchie even want to design something with long ball times and newbie friendly like Godzilla?

speaking of which, do we have any idea if this Godfather is going to play hard or easy?

#1524 1 year ago

Price aside can we just say nice job Eric and team? It's a nice piece of pinball eye candy, it's even got some flow which I can't say about his last 2 games. The theme seems to be integrated pretty well, beautiful art on pf and cab, and that topper is somethng else. it's an all around nice package... I think you all have a problem with the price level, not the game itself.

#1525 1 year ago

I have a few CE’s left if someone is interested PM me or call or text 586-530-8206

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Right back at ya with your regular anti JJP rhetoric

I don’t know jared ….. I thought that was pretty darn funny

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

speaking of which, do we have any idea if this Godfather is going to play hard or easy?

I have no idea, but the number of ways to trigger a multiball in this game makes me lean towards easy.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

The fountain on playfield with led’s turns colors according to Eric. After some shootout, they already turn red (for all the blood spilling into it).

I follow the theory of oranges appearing in Godfather, foretelling of deaths. So where’s the oranges JJP? Hopefully, the orange scenes will be highlighted on lcd. Save the fruits!

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have a few CE’s left if someone is interested PM me or call or text 586-530-8206

I think it’s fine if this doesn’t sell out instantly like R&M or GnR CE so that people might be able to play one first and decide. I bought several LE games STLE and AFM LE months after they were on sale because flippers weren’t buying up all the LEs.

Maybe now it’s the cost that keeps CEs from instantly selling out but if it’s really good maybe who knows it might be available later once we can play it first.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

CE is the best “value”. An after market topper and a few Art of Pinball mods will put the LE at $15k+.

True the topper alone is a big selling point. I just don’t see me spending $15k right now but that topper is dope.

I’m already spending $30k for 3 pins (one topper tho) so money is being spent but I’m allocating it elsewhere at the moment.

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it’s fine if this doesn’t sell out instantly like R&M or GnR CE so that people might be able to play one first and decide. I bought several LE games STLE and AFM LE months after they were on sale because flippers weren’t buying up all the LEs.
Maybe now it’s the cost that keeps CEs from instantly selling out but if it’s really good maybe who knows it might be available later once we can play it first.

Patience Rai. You’ve been around long enough to get it. No FOMO. Relax

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Price aside can we just say nice job Eric and team? It's a nice piece of pinball eye candy, it's even got some flow which I can't say about his last 2 games. The theme seems to be integrated pretty well, beautiful art on pf and cab, and that topper is somethng else. it's an all around nice package... I think you all have a problem with the price level, not the game itself.

Agree 100% game is fantastic I’m just not gonna spend that kinda money on a NIB pin.

#1533 1 year ago

I prefer the LE art package to the CE. I have the same opinion of GNR. Anyone else?

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I prefer the LE art package to the CE. I have the same opinion of GNR. Anyone else?

LE looks better to me, mostly less gaudy.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm kinda into how gaudy the CE is? It was jarring at first. I love the stain glass motif going on the screen.
I wonder if Franchi had input on the cabinet decoration? I remember him telling a story about trying to put real casket handles on Munsters LE.

I did not. Those leg and lock-down bar applications were 100% the invention of Mr. Meunier.

#1536 1 year ago

If I could get the topper on the LE, I would have went for that. I'm in on a CE because I'm a topper whore.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

LE looks better to me, mostly less gaudy.

Kinda the point of Godfather.
It would be CE all the way on this one.
JJP has thankfully rebounded with this release.
Nice job all around to team involved

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pop bumpers seem to get modded - look at the guy in the UK with godzilla! Let's mod our pop bumper.

Didn’t they mod the Woz pop bumpers long before anything you’re talking about? As far as the lights behind the back glass, those should’ve been standard on all jjp game’s starting with Woz. They’re just adapting, evolving, and changing things for a better experience with that sort of stuff

#1539 1 year ago

Eric and the fellas look like they crushed it!

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

GnR LE, Godfather CE.

#1541 1 year ago

In for a CE. Also picturing what could have been, if they were the ones that had gotten the James Bond license.

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

After watching the half hour long featurette I think it looks great. However I also like the theme and owned a Sopranos so might be biased. ...

This. Looks great and I loved my Sopranos!

Quoted from BoJo:

Price aside it's probably the only JJP I would personally ever want to own. ...

Not this. Really enjoy JJP games and this could be my 6th one owned.

#1543 1 year ago

I have to admit that this CE version might be the most beautiful pin I've ever seen. I love everything about it visually and if I didn't just receive a CCR LE and have two more pins on order, I might have already jumped on a CE. That said, after watching the promotional info, I'm getting some GNR LE vibes about the mulitballs being listed as key to the game. I enjoy my GNR LE (purchased much later at a discount), but the spongy flippers and forever multiball really hold that game back. So, I'm foolishly rolling the dice that this won't be like POTC CE and I might be able to pick one up later.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry you don't like them, I think they're kind of cool. I don't know how many people realize it yet, but there is little doubt in my mind Eric has created a gold rush in an entirely new category of mod that will be ubiquitous in 1-2 years' time. At that point every new game will have "Leggers" options, and people will start working backwards from there.

I truly hope that you are wrong. Keep writing good code though I might be in the minority, but it seems like the absolute worst addition to the CE. You guys seem to have taken an amazing movie, and translate that into a cohesive pinball machine. I applaud the package (minus the Gold Lions...to me it looks like you consulted Trumps interior decorator).

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm in the opposite boat.
After watching this film for decades, I just can't get into it anymore. Yes' it's a classic and a top 10 all time movie, but my viewing of it has been run into the ground. While the serious tone and depth of this film can't be denied, it just never ignited a "fun" memory for me the way something like Big Trouble in Little China does.
I'm happy for those ordering. I'll give it chance on location to see if something stirs.

Im in the same boat. Nothing fun about the movies. Good story though. But in a pinball machine? Where is the fun, humor, and over all nostalgia? > NONE.

Big Trouble in Little China would be an epic pin! Has action, comedy, good story and overall funny.
Just like Caddy Shack, Goonies, Top Gun, Gremlins. Godfather is too serious for a pin as is Scarface> “Say hello to my little pin!” Mulitball

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think the topper with the dual knockers firing off like machine guns is the coolest thing about this game. I wonder just how much it is integrated into the game. Makes the TS4 topper look like some kids elementary school art project.

Wait what? This is actually a feature?

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Say hello to my little friend multiball!

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like Olive Garden

Art is subjective for sure - some people might love the look of that CE. Totally get that. Olive garden being good though? My god......

haha - j/k. I'm sure people love that place. I was just born into an italian family that makes their own gravy (and yes I call it gravy - before Sopranos made it cool).

Stepping back from all of this though - what an absolute crazy time for pinball. Scooby, Foo, Godfather - all of these games coming out at the same time and all of these people just trying to get your money (crooked pinball media included). I just don't understand how this all happened this way. Spooky again nails the timing to get in front of it all - I give them credit for the strategic play.

And Godfather - I'm just such a big fan. Really wish they took it in another direction but I'm still excited to play it. Topper is def the coolest part although I'm curious how loud it will be with those knockers going off! For these prices though - it's just such an easy pass. Let the early adopters lose another 3-4k in less than a year and then think about jumping in....

#1549 1 year ago

Olive Garden sucks.

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Olive Garden sucks.

So does Red Lobster with the exception of the biscuits!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Station, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, SC
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 11,999.99
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.