WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 103.
#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its a Steve Brule bit

adult-swim-tim-and-eric.gifadult-swim-tim-and-eric.gif
#1353 1 year ago

i do, but not sure what that means. Try to stay on Godfather topic and give HYPE not GRIPE

Quoted from Pinstein:I agree, GNR really isnt family friendly either.

Do you have a government job?

#1354 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

So, is it true that they rethemed this for Harry Potter, and reveal is tomorrow? Or is this leg-pulling?

Dude... no. Harry Potter is not coming and it never was. Everyone who was hung up on that was braindead. Please just let it die. It was an obvious joke. FFS

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Hope these sell well enough to get one down the line. With GZ and FF there isn't room or money for GF.

Why would you have two of the same game?

#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godfather looks great but there is no way in HELL I would sell POTC for it.
POTC is still the KING of JJP!

Same here for my GnR!! It stays but will be saving up to get this one in a year or so.

#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It was an obvious joke.

Obviously not...

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The featurette really explains the board-game approach to the pin, and I think it's great.
The only question is...will the code for this ever be finished and the game scoring get a polish at the end? It's been YEARS (almost 5 and 3 years, respectively) and jjPotC and GnR are both unfinished. Not a good look for JJP, especially now that $12k/$15k is their buy-in norm.

Keefer on code is my biggest concern. I’d have already paid for one but the code on many of his games leaves me uninterested.

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The topper with 2 knockers sounds awesome!!!

agreed!! Don't think my neighbors will tho.

#1360 1 year ago

I would rather something more upbeat, even something corny like Ocean's 11.

Layout reminds me a little of GOT for some reason.

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Layout reminds me a little of GOT for some reason.

The Houses/Families came to mind at first glance but little beyond that for a comparison.

#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The topper with 2 knockers sounds awesome!!!

2 knockers is always better than one.

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I thought jjp made family friendly games. Now the main toy is holding a machine gun? That pin stripe suit on him kinda cheapens the whole art package in a bad looney toon kind of way bugsy.

I was getting some "Johnny Dangerously" vibes from that toy.

#1364 1 year ago

I like the cabinet. Mo bling/mo betta.

Concerning similarities to another game... well it is more than the pop bumper.... much more. But at this point I will watch the gameplay and give it a chance. BUT if the extra ball is awarded by first activating the pop bumper (which stays lit for a few seconds) then hitting it again a few more times, then I may cry.

#1365 1 year ago
Quoted from addams40:

Ordered a CE Gorgeous game . Topper badass connected to knockers

I’m in Manhattan, and waiting for my invitation to try yours…. Lol

#1366 1 year ago

Pin has surpassed all my expectations:
Art - amazing, well done Franchi - love it, all the characters are on it
IP+Look+Feel, well done Eric

I too though aspects looked a bit like GOT

So disappointed I cannot get CE in UK.
3 units allocated to Distro, come on JJP..WTF

#1367 1 year ago

Interest level in play 99%
Chance of ever buying (used) 1%

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dear JJP,
Please complete and polish Pirates and GNR.

They got your money,
now they have your time...
Maybe in this lifetime?

#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I hope i don't ruffle any feathers with this opinion but ...

This is pinside. You could post that water is wet and set off an avalanche of dissenting opinions.

The art is great. It's just set in a style you aren't fond of. And that's ok. Your opinion is just fine.

#1370 1 year ago

Its good to see CEs still available. Hoping flippers moved on to houses and cars now.

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is pinside. You could post that water is wet and set off an avalanche of dissenting opinions.
The art is great. It's just set in a style you aren't fond of. And that's ok. Your opinion is just fine.

All of my outdoors water is white and frozen. <smirk>

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I just had to search the internet on the water is wet comment and low and behold found this. We could argue this to death but I love the first line: "“I think the debate is asinine. No one should be talking about it. People who are have too much time on their hands.” That can be applied to so many things here on pinside.
https://trinityecho.com/20121/columns/the-real-answer-to-a-major-mystery-is-water-wet/

#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I hope i don't ruffle any feathers with this opinion but i really don't like the art. it's by far a bajillion times better then anything i could personally do. but there is something just really unappealing about it.. I kind of just wish there was more colour to it, y'know?

Meanwhile there's someone in the Foo Fighters thread bitching that that game is too colorful. You cannot make everyone happy, it's impossible.

If you don't like the art you don't like the art. Style is a subjective thing. From a design perspective I'd argue it's really well executed but that doesn't mean it's necessarily going to do it for you.

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its good to see CEs still available. Hoping flippers moved on to houses and cars now.

Flippers follow the money, and with these prices and production numbers, there ain't much money to be made! JJP's last 2 titles sell for nice discounts, so patient people will be rewarded, not the flippers...

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

Keefer on code is my biggest concern. I’d have already paid for one but the code on many of his games leaves me uninterested.

I feel like code in his games are mostly same flavor in a different wrapper... whenever/(if ever) he ends up finishing them.

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't see any roses in Spider-Man?
I think people are really reaching on stuff here. You know there's only so much you can do on a playfield, right?

Totally agree. It’s just the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing. Just an observation.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godfather looks great but there is no way in HELL I would sell POTC for it.
POTC is still the KING of JJP!

Can’t be the king of JJP games without a final wizard mode lol.

#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lloyd, are you going for it?

Went for it. A CE.

LTG : )

#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Wait... Water is real? i just thought it was flimsy visible air.

And yeah the art isn't bad like ya say but it leaves me personally disappointed. They could've used the church or cathedral. Forza d'Agrò from part two. Hell the wedding scene was pretty too. Erice.. Savoca.. I'm just ramblin my garbage out. i'm optimistic that it could be fun game to play despite my stubbornness towards the art.

#1380 1 year ago

Damnit this CE is so tempting...On GnR I actually liked the LE Cabinet better, but this CE looks so damn cool...It's gawdy, but all pinball machines are...decisions decision

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Meanwhile there's someone in the Foo Fighters thread bitching that that game is too colorful. You cannot make everyone happy, it's impossible.
If you don't like the art you don't like the art. Style is a subjective thing. From a design perspective I'd argue it's really well executed but that doesn't mean it's necessarily going to do it for you.

I think the art is amazing. Looks realistic. Exactly how I would want them to do.

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

All of my outdoors water is white and frozen. <smirk>

Hence my choice of the word "avalanche". Trying to be clever on multiple levels

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

Wait... Water is real? i just thought it was flimsy visible air.
And yeah the art isn't bad like ya say but it leaves me personally disappointed. They could've used the church or cathedral. Forza d'Agrò from part two. Hell the wedding scene was pretty too. Erice.. Savoca.. I'm just ramblin my garbage out. i'm optimistic that it could be fun game to play despite my stubbornness towards the art.

Welcome back, Avi!

#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.

LTG!!!

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Prove me wrong, Eric!

Mission accomplished! Theme integration looks off the chart from the featurette. And I don't mean superficial theme wallpaper like hit a shot, play a clip. They're woven every aspect of organized crime you could imagine into the actual gameplay. Their boardgame analogy was spot on. At first glance it's already like a KME Jurassic Park level of making you feel like you're actually playing the theme, not watching a film.

Massive kudos to Eric, Keith and whole team for what looks like a gargantuan effort to bring this thing to life. It's definitely not a plug & play theme like a superhero flick. So much creativity poured into every aspect. Layout looks super interesting as well. And those topper knockers, genius. Should cause a visceral reaction in anyone not expecting it.

All that said, if it feels mechanically like previous JJP titles, I will sadly have little interest in playing more than a couple games to sate my curiosity. They just don't feel like pinball to me. Please, please let this have real flippers & slings.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Welcome back, Avi!

Thanks <3 It's good to be back after a break. Glad that things toned down and stuff can go back to being fun.

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I feel like code in his games are mostly same flavor in a different wrapper... whenever/(if ever) he ends up finishing them.

Hopefully this game has fewer multiballs, although I'm not holding out hope. But that's my personal taste, I've never liked any Keith games all the way back to the Stern days, just too complicated and difficult.

#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.

Congrats Lloyd. You ARE the Godfather!

#1389 1 year ago

Makes me wish Kingpin had been remade....

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Hence my choice of the word "avalanche". Trying to be clever on multiple levels

Touché!

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mission accomplished! Theme integration looks off the chart from the featurette. And I don't mean superficial theme wallpaper like hit a shot, play a clip. They're woven every aspect of organized crime you could imagine into the actual gameplay. Their boardgame analogy was spot on. At first glance it's already like a KME Jurassic Park level of making you feel like you're actually playing the theme, not watching a film.
Massive kudos to Eric, Keith and whole team for what looks like a gargantuan effort to bring this thing to life. It's definitely not a plug & play theme like a superhero flick. So much creativity poured into every aspect. Layout looks super interesting as well. And those topper knockers, genius. Should cause a visceral reaction in anyone not expecting it.
All that said, if it feels mechanically like previous JJP titles, I will sadly have little interesting in playing more than a couple games to sate my curiosity. They just don't feel like pinball to me. Please, please let this have real flippers & slings.

Game looks great just like POTC (and i have an POTC LE)

However, the code and game play is a convoluted mess same with GNR (have a CE).

Only games I can understand from JJP is Wonka and TS4.

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hopefully this game has fewer multiballs, although I'm not holding out hope. But that's my personal taste, I've never liked any Keith games all the way back to the Stern days, just too complicated and difficult.

I used to think that, then GnR just clicked with me all of a sudden...Amazing, this pin looks along those same lines with the perks instead of badges

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Game looks great just like POTC (and i have an POTC LE)
However, the code and game play is a convoluted mess same with GNR (have a CE).
Only games I can understand from JJP is Wonka and TS4.

WOZ is relatively simple even if the Wizard mode is essentially unobtainable for mere mortals.

#1394 1 year ago

Dupe

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's one thing to borrow from your own previous designs, or to even borrow from other layouts in your own company...
To steal the layout of your competitor's biggest hit...

Nice try. White wood and layout was complete with release of GNR which was in 2020. You are basically saying that when Godzilla was released in 2021, Eric scrapped or heavily modified his game to ripoff Godzilla.

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.

Here’s hoping your cash box will come shipped to you already filled with a TALL stack of hundys as backpay for all your days/nights of unpaid troubleshooting.

#1397 1 year ago

If you are gonna go for it, and the CE is available, I say go for the CE. The leg covers can be removed. This will make it less over the top. I just don't think you can go wrong with the upgrades including that topper. You are already spending too much. May as well drop a few more grand and starve the family for a few weeks or skip that family vacation which is just buying memories.....what good is that really? lol

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I hope i don't ruffle any feathers with this opinion but i really don't like the art.

I will concede it's not my favorite style, but is probably as good as it could possibly look when dealing with an ancient, revered franchise with fairly dark/dreadful subject matter. Keefer said it best in the featurette, these aren't action movies, they're dramas. Hard to make something like that visually stunning but they've done a great job, all things considered. And it's a nice contrast to Stern games for those who don't like Zombie Yeti's color explosions (which I love).

#1399 1 year ago

Hot take: Not to take anything away from his accomplishments or to suggest he's not a great dude, but I'm not a huge fan of listening to Eric being his own hype guy in these featurettes...felt the same way after watching the GNR featurette. Idk if it's the jokey smugness or the pat-self-on-back vibe that it gives off, but I just find myself wanting for more humility or something.

That said, it does look like a pretty sweet machine and I'm glad the team is so proud of it!

#1400 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.

Bada Bing Lloyd! Congrats.

Just finished the “featurette”

Not sure what my expectations were but they have been exceeded.

The diverters and multiple ball paths. Wow

Love the Slash solo. Mark Tremonti music

Eric and crew bringing the extra touches again

I’m with you brother. CE!

Price wise? Yeah we know it’s ridiculous

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.