Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.
#1 1 year ago

So JJP just hinted with “Take your place at the table” March 2023. So I would assume the rumors of Eric doing Godfather are true. Who else is excited about Eric doing another game? Thoughts on theme and pricing and Eric’s 3rd game (hopefully a masterpiece if history repeats itself!).

35F22271-BBF4-41A0-A3C5-E011F97F9209 (resized).png35F22271-BBF4-41A0-A3C5-E011F97F9209 (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

I am a big Godfather fan but have never owned a JJP so this will be interesting. I think it ultimately will boil down to what movie/s was licensed and what soundbytes they got.

#3 1 year ago

Bright Colorful LED Sensory Overload and Godfather are a match made in heaven.

#4 1 year ago

Yep, that's 100% the Godfather. That's going to be an interesting machine. Will it be PG or R rated gameplay?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yep, that's 100% the Godfather. That's going to be an interesting machine. Will it be PG or R rated gameplay?

Much like GnR I suspect both. Menu settings will dictate.

#6 1 year ago

I'm confused?? Are they marketing for 60yo or 6yo???

#7 1 year ago

Welcome to Hogwarts,' said Professor McGonagall. 'The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts.

#8 1 year ago

Smh. Woz, hobbit, and Wonka timeless. POTC is great too bad people bashed it too early on here. DI wrong name should have been caos in quantum city. TS4 is a great family and route theme. GNR good theme. It would have probably been a better shooter as a wide body.
Godfather is going to be for people over 40 mostly. I don't think people will play it more than the other JJP machines at my location. Looks like foo fighters for.me or ap galactic tank force or cgc pulp fiction.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Who else is excited about Eric doing another game?

Very happy to see Eric releasing another game, not excited about the theme at all.

#10 1 year ago

At least they posted this fairly quickly after the HP hype.
I mean I like the Godfather movies but now my wallet can rest a tad. If it's awesome I'll consider and I'm excited to see it play it of course.

#11 1 year ago
godfather3 (resized).jpggodfather3 (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago

I spy with my little eyes, Forky!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Pretty sure that’s a coke spoon. I don’t know?..never seen the movie.

#14 1 year ago

I still don’t get this saying making me think of Godfather.
Has way more meaning for Harry Potter of even John Wick.
Excited either way.

#15 1 year ago

That looks like the Godfather font to me. I could see this spinning to something else, considering that strange Harry Potter image leak last week. But now that I see this, making me think Godfather again.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I spy with my little eye the toy story backglass reflected on black part of the backbox side panel

#17 1 year ago

I love Eric’s attention to detail and game play. So I get that I’m biased but I’ll be getting it regardless of theme. I like the first POTC movie or two but didn’t watch them all until after I bought Pirates. I listened to GNR but I passed at first on it because of the theme. Then I played it and liked it enough to buy it and now I love jammin to GNR while flipping - it’s just fun and love the risk reward aspect which appealed to my gambling side. So GF or HP (neither of which would be a top theme for me) I’m in literally because of Eric Meunier!

#18 1 year ago

Pretty sure the screen/music/sfx will look and sound similar to this

#19 1 year ago

Get ready!

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#20 1 year ago

Part 3????? LMAO

#21 1 year ago

That's just cruel

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I spy with my little eye the toy story backglass reflected on black part of the backbox side panel

I spy with my little eye someone who didn't get the joke.

Quoted from Palmer:

Pretty sure the screen/music/sfx will look and sound similar to this

Yeah, I'll be pleasantly surprised if the art package isn't a slot machine asset dump like Wonka got. Here's hoping! Not because I have any interest in the game, I really have none, but I still want it to look nice.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

TS was for 6, this is for 60.

#24 1 year ago

So JJP just hinted with “Take your place at the table” March 2023.

Take the cannoli leave the table.

LTG : )

#25 1 year ago

" just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Bright Colorful LED Sensory Overload and Godfather are a match made in heaven.

Pirates worked out well. I’m sure they’ll nail it

#27 1 year ago

Excited to see what Eric pulls off here. Hope this a triumphant return of the JJP of old. If they can make a game with the same level of detail as WOZ or POTC, it will be an incredible release. Fingers crossed.

#28 1 year ago

John wick would be cool. Part 4 is coming out soon...

Can see the game being a lot of hurry up shots and more of a Steve Ritchie thing, but one can dream.

#29 1 year ago

What does everyone think JJP will do with pricing and versions? Same as TS4 with $15k CE at 1000 and $12,500 for not-so-limited 5000 LEs? Or will they bring back in an SE version or lower prices after the backlash from TS4?

#30 1 year ago

What does everyone think JJP will do with pricing and versions? Same as TS4 with $15k CE at 1000 and $12,500 for not-so-limited 5000 LEs? Or will they bring back in an SE version or lower prices after the backlash from TS4?

I think prices remain the same (like we just saw on Foo Fighters) but I think they'll bring back some form of their SE model.

Seems really dumb for them to simply concede the pro market to Stern.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

John wick would be cool. Part 4 is coming out soon...
Can see the game being a lot of hurry up shots and more of a Steve Ritchie thing, but one can dream.

This makes more sense to me - the “table” reference and the John Wick series - not The Godfather.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Will this didn’t take long haha

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

This makes more sense to me - the “table” reference and the John Wick series - not The Godfather.

You need to study up on the mafia and organized crime.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You need to study up on the mafia and organized crime.

I have served. I will be of service.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but I think they'll bring back some form of their SE model.

Do you think they'd actually price it at a Stern Pro though? Operators generally aren't buying JJP for several reasons and Godfather does not scream location pinball as a theme.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do you think they'd actually price it at a Stern Pro though?

No, of course not. Stern Pros will always be the cheapest, best value on the market.

But they are completely conceding the operator market by having nothing below $12K and I just don't see the logic in that

Their "pro" at around $9K would at least keep them in the game. But then maybe I'm way off, and they just have zero desire/ability to compete in that market. Not sure if they moved that many GNR or Wonka SEs, you just don't see them.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, of course not. Stern Pros will always be the cheapest, best value on the market.
But they are completely conceding the operator market by having nothing below $12K and I just don't see the logic in that
Their "pro" at around $9K would at least keep them in the game. But then maybe I'm way off, and they just have zero desire/ability to compete in that market. Not sure if they moved that many GNR or Wonka SEs, you just don't see them.

The GNR SE was probably a waste of their time in the grand scheme of things. The only SEs I've ever seen were ops waiting for the LE.

JJP should distinguish themselves as the upscale luxury pin. They should be trying to get people like Eon Productions to ask them for a 60th anniversary piece...

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The GNR SE was probably a waste of their time in the grand scheme of things. The only SEs I've ever seen were ops waiting for the LE.
JJP should distinguish themselves as the upscale luxury pin. They should be trying to get people like Eon Productions to ask them for a 60th anniversary piece...

Given their track record for long times between releases, they likely wouldn't have been able to hit the target date for a 60th anniversary release.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think prices remain the same (like we just saw on Foo Fighters) but I think they'll bring back some form of their SE model.

Did their SE models have the same speakers and light shows?

Richard

#40 1 year ago

Any chance this is a John Wick reference instead? Please! There is the whole "high table" thing in those movies.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any chance this is a John Wick reference instead? Please! There is the whole "high table" thing in those movies.

John Wick Theme would be a Day 1 purchase for me

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If true, I'd say that would be an even better kept secret than the whole Harry Potter rumors.

#43 1 year ago

The announcement is in compact italic font, the same as John Wick. The Godfather has its own completely different font.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

If true, I'd say that would be an even better kept secret than the whole Harry Potter rumors.

It's in the exact same font as John wick compact italic.

#45 1 year ago

I don’t know man.. Keanu said no. 781B92D0-7D0B-4B5D-9EA9-5C6C117D2A01.gif781B92D0-7D0B-4B5D-9EA9-5C6C117D2A01.gif

#46 1 year ago

According to the John Wick web site "High Table is a council of twelve crime lords that govern the underworld's most powerful criminal organizations.
It is the overarching antagonistic faction of the John Wick film series..."
Also, the font in the announcement is in compact italic, the same font used throughout the John Wick movies and promotions.
Both The Godfather and HP have there own specific fonts.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Pirates worked out well. I’m sure they’ll nail it

What is the similarity between Godfather and Pirates of the Caribbean you are referring to? It's a goofy disney pirate movie last I checked.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

What is the similarity between Godfather and Pirates of the Caribbean you are referring to? It's a goofy disney pirate movie last I checked.

I’m assuming he means that POTC was also an Eric Meunier game so with the same designer, he (and myself included) are hoping for another good game from him.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Did their SE models have the same speakers and light shows?
Richard

I’m not sure about the speakers (the CE version certainly had an upgraded version with a sound bar on GNR). The SE did have Eric’s patented hot rails but they were only in white - not RGB multi colored like the LE and CE

#50 1 year ago

If JJP makes the same mistake on pricing/quantity then sales will land like a lead balloon. Again

Tough to go backwards but

TS4 pricing not gonna fly.

Even so, I’m thinking Eric, Keith and team are gonna produce a sleeper hit here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.