WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 103.
#3301 12 months ago

I like the Don nameplate .

IMG_20230321_071109 (resized).jpgIMG_20230321_071109 (resized).jpg
#3302 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the Don nameplate .
[quoted image]

unfortunately it‘s a marketing sample, I love it too

9F4DC72F-EC16-4D22-853D-2C3887870BF5 (resized).jpeg9F4DC72F-EC16-4D22-853D-2C3887870BF5 (resized).jpeg
#3303 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, not a fan.

I’m betting it’s a simple fix so if you love the game I would wait and see what the company or community comes up with

#3304 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Probably the glass cleaner you're using.
Use a 50/50 solution of isopropryl alcohol and distilled water, as suggested by the packed-in docs.

I use the same, but with a few drops of Dawn detergent added (per the recipe I followed). Very effective (and easy to make) cleaner.

I've tried Sprayway and found it to be an effective cleaner as well, but I also found its artificial scent to be overly strong and unpleasant. Stunk up my whole game room after just one glass cleaned.

#3305 12 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

unfortunately it‘s a marketing sample, I love it too[quoted image]

Collector's Edition should be Gold anyway .
Can you see what the white writing is under the right speaker ?

#3306 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Collector's Edition should be Gold anyway .
Can you see what the white writing is under the right speaker ?

not complete, it’s a warning sign

B65C860C-BD10-401F-B32E-262680FD20B1 (resized).jpegB65C860C-BD10-401F-B32E-262680FD20B1 (resized).jpeg
#3307 12 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I use the same, but with a few drops of Dawn detergent added (per the recipe I followed). Very effective (and easy to make) cleaner.
I've tried Sprayway and found it to be an effective cleaner as well, but I also found its artificial scent to be overly strong and unpleasant. Stunk up my whole game room after just one glass cleaned.

I personally like the smell, my girlfriend hates it lol. Either way, it IS strong. I work in commercial construction (highrises and such) and all of the commercial glass companies use Sprayway, for whatever that's worth. I'll have to try the Dawn trick, thanks for the info.

#3308 12 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

not complete, it’s a warning sign [quoted image]

Thanks mate , I was hoping for Dolby Digital or something like that

#3309 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m betting it’s a simple fix

Pretty sure the "fix" is to use the upper flipper every time it exits there, but I haven't played it enough yet to always know when it's going to do that. And during multiball I can't always look up. Might just be like the TZ autolaunch, flip or drain.

#3310 12 months ago

Are you able to capture a photo of the mirrored cabinet RadCals and the red-holographic golden siderails?

#3311 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks mate , I was hoping for Dolby Digital or something like that

it’s a JJP not a KEF pinball

#3312 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Regarding code, WE WANT GODFATHER!! Get Cracking on those movie clips Jack!!

You're delusional if you think anything but bug fixes and minor tweaks are coming. JJP ships with mostly complete code.

#3313 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're delusional if you think anything but bug fixes and minor tweaks are coming. JJP ships with mostly complete code.

Hey best pinsider!!!

You still playing with your opps you’re jk Willie?

I am starting in on G&R and finding some fun in it. Have you made up any videos on how to play it? I just got that computer meltdown mode.

Thanks and glad you’re opps your back

John

#3314 12 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am starting in on G&R and finding some fun in it. Have you made up any videos on how to play it? I just got that computer meltdown mode.

Yes:

#3315 12 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

You still playing with your opps you’re jk Willie?

I found this difficult to parse, but if you're asking if I still play Wonka - I fired it up after a lengthy idle period a couple days ago and got 4 tickets, almost 5.

What does "opps" mean?

#3316 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found this difficult to parse, but if you're asking if I still play Wonka ...

Just noticed - you're back under your old username/account again.

I recently played my Wonka after a long time away due to a Gobstopper switch replacement that I took forever to get to. Fun game and it still kicks my butt most of the time!

#3317 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Didn’t Wonka get some good updates Derek?

The rules on GNR are fantastic. Game takes a bit of time learning all the patch awards/benefits but it’s great

#3318 12 months ago

For those getting SDTM shots, check your leveling and pitch. I played an LE on location and it was SDTM like crazy!! Almost unplayable. When I got my LE at home, I made sure to level it off and set the pitch to the recommended setting (tip of the bubble on the second line) and I do NOT get the SDTM coming out of the 3rd flipper lane like I did on location.

This is definitely going to be one of those games that requires a proper setup to avoid this IMO...

IMG_0461 (resized).jpegIMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
#3319 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I wonder if this is a game-specific issue or if this issue could easily be fixed with code or perhaps a thicker post being added.
My Walking Dead would return the ball SDTM every time the ball returned from the pops. I later added a thicker post, and BOOM, right to the right flipper every time.
Regardless, JJP needs to address this issue if it is a problem.
Regarding code, WE WANT GODFATHER!! Get Cracking on those movie clips Jack!!

The problem with adding anything to divert the ball is it would also divert the ball away from the upper flipper. You need that flipper for the upper half of the playfield shots, so I don't think anything could be added in this case.

#3320 12 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

For those getting SDTM shots, check your leveling and pitch. I played an LE on location and it was SDTM like crazy!! Almost unplayable. When I got my LE at home, I made sure to level it off and set the pitch to the recommended setting (tip of the bubble on the second line) and I do NOT get the SDTM coming out of the 3rd flipper lane like I did on location.
This is definitely going to be one of those games that requires a proper setup to avoid this IMO... [quoted image]

The game I played on location appeared to be level (used a phone level on the glass) and the pitch was set with the tip of the bubble on the line as shown in your picture.

#3321 12 months ago

Wouldn't a SDTM problem be remedied by adjusting the roll axis instead of the pitch?

#3322 12 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Wouldn't a SDTM problem be remedied by adjusting the roll axis instead of the pitch?

Yes if roll axis means playfield is level from side to side.I use a torpedo level at low med and high as possible.And an inclinometer for playfield pitch

#3323 12 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Sometimes pitch is a factor too, because a ball coming down at a slight angle tends to veer more to the side at a shallow pitch. Unless that Godfather feed is dead straight vertical, pitch will impact it.

#3324 12 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yeah, don’t like hearing about cheap SDTM but the stream appears to confirm it as well.
Anyone know what shot(s) are causing the drains?
Horseshoe?

I feel like it may be to enhance the feeling of fighting for your life as a rising mob boss being pressed from all sides and the ball is a metaphor for opponents/bullets. It's not unsaveable. React fast enough with the upper flipper and there's no problem. I need to play it to see, but it seems on-brand and clever for the theme.

#3325 12 months ago

I love that smell, but I understand that not everyone will.

#3326 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like it may be to enhance the feeling of fighting for your life as a rising mob boss being pressed from all sides and the ball is a metaphor for opponents/bullets. It's not unsaveable. React fast enough with the upper flipper and there's no problem. I need to play it to see, but it seems on-brand and clever for the theme.

Karl was caught off guard a few times at first. Then he started catching that feed with the upper flipper

#3327 12 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The game I played on location appeared to be level (used a phone level on the glass) and the pitch was set with the tip of the bubble on the line as shown in your picture.

I wouldn’t put 100% trust in the phone levels; I heard the tried and true method on the playfield it's is the way to go. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#3328 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You own Wonka CE; you know the game became more complete (movie assets/movie callouts) once they provided the latest update.

Are you in for a God Father? Just wondering.

#3329 12 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

2. The playfield around the scoop is mylar protected. This desperately needs a Cliffy protector! I think it may get old hearing "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" with the scoop shot, but time will tell.!

It's a clear protector but it's thicker than basic mylar, like a hard plastic. It looks similar to what's on Toy Story 4 and that's held up well on mine since I got it in June.

#3330 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I wouldn’t put 100% trust in the phone levels; I heard the tried and true method on the playfield it's is the way to go. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct, but the game is on location, so that's about all I could check it with.

#3331 12 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

It's a clear protector but it's thicker than basic mylar, like a hard plastic. It looks similar to what's on Toy Story 4 and that's held up well on mine since I got it in June.

That's good to know. Thanks!

#3332 12 months ago

Looking forward to the Buffalo Pinball stream; however, I just came across this one. Looks interesting.

#3333 12 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn’t Wonka get some good updates Derek?

Sure! But it was balance tweaks, not entire new modes/clips.

I urge people to buy something (or not) based on what it is, not what it might be.

#3334 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Are you in for a God Father? Just wondering.

I absolutely hate the new pricing, so I'm taking my time to think it over and make sure it's worth it.
I will say I like what I see so far, the code looks nicely deep.

But waiting has no downside; just today I saw a GF CE sell for $500 off, and the prices will continue to drop as more people's full invoices come due and they have second thoughts.

#3335 12 months ago

And to be clear: if the pricing were the "standard" JJP rates of $9500 LE / $12500 CE, I would have already bought the LE with eyes toward upgrading to the CE if I loved it.

That's probably even true if they went to 10K/13K.

The current prices are past what pinball is worth to me honestly.

#3336 12 months ago

I recently played my Wonka after a long time away due to a Gobstopper switch replacement that I took forever to get to. Fun game and it still kicks my butt most of the time!

I haven't played Godfather yet but pending evaluation on that, Wonka is JJP's best code IMO.

#3337 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And to be clear: if the pricing were the "standard" JJP rates of $9500 LE / $12500 CE, I would have already bought the LE with eyes toward upgrading to the CE if I loved it.
The current prices are past what pinball is worth to me, honestly.

I hear you; It’s just wishful thinking on my end. If the code becomes what it should be, it'll draw way more people in. It's not there yet; hopefully, it will get there.

#3338 12 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone know what shot(s) are causing the drains?

Right ramp returns down the left ramp when the left ramp lift flap is down - SDTM.
Side ramp off the top left flipper returns the same way and does the same thing - SDTM.

It's especially un-obvious for new players because the return depends on whether the left ramp flap is up or down - when it's up, it'll return down the wireform safely. So anyone other than pinball nerds like us will drain unpredictably and go "Wtf was that".

I played the game a bunch last night at Lvl Up in Campbell CA and found the game super fun - this issue wouldn't stop me from buying (the price does though) because yes you can just flip with the top flipper and not drain. But I bet it would get annoying to warn everyone who comes over to the house about this issue...

#3339 12 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Listen buddy, you may have some IP issues to deal with soon!

#3340 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The current prices are past what pinball is worth to me honestly.

Agree with this. $10/$13k should be the very top end.

With JJP you can just wait it out and get a CE for $13k eventually.

Stern should be lower. $11,500/$9k. Bond is headed there. FF will be next and most every game thereafter. The Hangover is coming

All these games are gonna drop after launch.

#3341 12 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agree with this. $10/$13k should be the very top end.
With JJP you can just wait it out and get a CE for $13k eventually.
Stern should be lower. $11,500/$9k. Bond is headed there. FF will be next and most every game thereafter. The Hangover is coming

I paid 12.5 for Wonka CE at launch, it's going for 15 and has been steady at that price since the pandemic.

From what I see, God Father CE will hold its value as well.

#3342 12 months ago

Can one of you tell me the height of the Godfather CE with topper?

#3343 12 months ago

Played a GF LE tonight at 1up Colfax in Denver. I only played 7 games. It was set up well and kudos to 1up.

+ loved all the skill shots
+ loved the ramp/trap upper flipper shots - the hideout is great!
+ the lights, cabinet and back glass and screen all look great. JJP makes good looking games. Didn’t get microscopic but the playfield looked good
+ the shot behind the upper flipper was cool!
+ reasonable combos, it was fun to put 3-4 shots together

~ played many different multi balls, I like MB’s, but pretty sure I saw 3 maybe 4 multi balls in my low 25M point game. Might get old quick
~ not sure about the spinning disc... I like the pop up target and that shot in general, the hurry up was good, but not sure the spinning disc adds much chaos in the traditional sense.

- the right ramp seemed waaayyyy up the playfield, I’m sure small adjustments in flipper power would help, but the flippers DID feel good
- the arcade walk up complexity of choosing a family with strengths/weaknesses(e.g. influence?) could be overwhelming, or meaningless to the casual player

Actually we didn’t find much negative in our play. In a quiet home the call out and music has to be awesome, but we could hear the important callouts. I will drop coin anytime I see one.

Congratulations to the owners, it’s a fun game!

#3344 12 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As it should be. What other mechanical item with finite usage gains value over time?

#3345 12 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

As it should be. What other mechanical item with finite usage gains value over time?

Rolexes
Many guns and cars

#3346 12 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I paid 12.5 for Wonka CE at launch, it's going for 15 and has been steady at that price since she pandemic.
From what I see, God Father CE will hold its value as well.

Yes I was about to say, I’ve seen Wonka CE steady selling at 14.5 to 15 and even a decent WOZ is going for around 13 (which I would never pay). What kills me is that people are paying 14 for a stranger things or Ghostbusters premium! But then they want to bitch about an awesome cutting edge NIB GF at 12 and 15k. It’s so bipolar….

I’ll take my GF CE at 15k all day before I pay those ridiculous used stern prices. If I play GF for 2 years and lose 1 or 2k on it then so be it. I still own a POTCLE that I got NIB at MSRP so I’m all good.

#3347 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:Anyone seen this tilt warning yet?
Where Brando slaps Johnny Fontaine in the face - says “Act like a man”
Seen it on the release vid but don’t think it was in Karl’s Stream.

Yep , its there on the - flip n out stream .
Plus 26 skill shots

IMG_20230321_220642 (resized).jpgIMG_20230321_220642 (resized).jpg
#3348 12 months ago

Just got the call, my LE is being delivered tomorrow. I’ll post an early impression review hopefully tomorrow night! Looking forward to it…

#3349 12 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found this difficult to parse, but if you're asking if I still play Wonka - I fired it up after a lengthy idle period a couple days ago and got 4 tickets, almost 5.
What does "opps" mean?

I remember (I think) a T shirt you with You’re on it. I am the worst grammEr guy being dyslexic and I can usually get your and you’re correct and thought it would be funny using them both wrong. My lame attempt at humor. Anyway glad you’re back!!! I have picked up lots of great ideas and advice from you. Thank you!!

#3350 12 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Can one of you tell me the height of the Godfather CE with topper?

I'm not sure anyone knows yet but I would love to know as well. POTC with the topper will not fit in my basement with drop ceilings but Stern games with toppers do. I am hoping that GF CE is no higher with the topper than a Stern game, otherwise I may have a CE topper that I can't use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.