WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.
#4101 12 months ago

Jen is often called Jersey Jen. But yes, she’s been there since day 0 and is a pleasure to deal with. She’s helped me match game numbers a few times and has been good keeping track of longtime deposit balances.

#4102 12 months ago

I am liking TGF more each time I play. This might be my seventh day. Someone above mentioned the reason I like it too. The 3 multiballs and 8 modes can be stacked or even chained in any sequence. So you can go from one to the next to next etc. I don’t have a good grasp of the rules yet but so far, so good.

#4103 12 months ago

So I got to play GF for the first time. Played it up at Emporium in Schaumburg, IL. For starters I have to admit I wasn't crazy about the theme. Maybe that played into things a bit? Either way, I just couldn't get into the game. I only played three games, so in fairness I didn't give it the time it may have needed.I worry this theme means nothing to several generations now. I asked my kids (21 and 22) their thoughts on the game and both of them said they haven't seen the God Father movies before. Does that mean I am a bad parent? I am thinking Gen Z's won't even know what The Godfather is at all. Anyway, every theme a company does can't please everyone. I do plan on playing it again up there soon. Maybe my view will turn around with some more games.

#4104 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Jen is Jack’s daughter and she’s been nothing but good to me but more importantly it’s about being respectful to women.
I’d prefer Jen helps gives them some of these suggestions we make to them rather than chase her out of here.
If I act like an ass, I’m more likely to be discredited or ignored, or risk having my opinion become undervalued. I’d prefer to be a VIP in their view.

I get it!It seems they sometimes take one step and then two. Steps back.They’ve fixed some pretty major issues recently.
But Jen and the other powers that be need to get David back in the fold.They are never going back to those wonderfully overdone manuals lol

#4105 12 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone think the GF CE will come with a printed manual? Did they do that with TS CE?

You don't want it printed, anyway. Errors, omissions (uh, missing FLIPPER MECHS CHARTS?!), poor layout, etc is what JJP puts out now. Toy Story's manual is still not complete. The "manuals" JJP is putting out now are a pale imitation of the best-in-pinball manuals Butch did for JJP before they shockingly canned him. They need to hire a professional to do them, especially at the prices they're asking now.

#4106 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want it printed, anyway. Errors, omissions (uh, missing FLIPPER MECHS CHARTS?!), poor layout, etc is what JJP puts out now. Toy Story's manual is still not complete. The "manuals" JJP is putting out now are a pale imitation of the best-in-pinball manuals Butch did for JJP before they shockingly canned him. They need to hire a professional to do them, especially at the prices they're asking now.

Do I remember correctly that you had to pay for Butch’s full color JJP manuals and people gladly did because they were just that good?

#4107 12 months ago

Were there any GF "swag" PROMO items floating around from the recent shows?

#4108 12 months ago

Wonka phenomenal

GNRCE is off the charts. Hard to imagine what more anyone could want with the band involvement and rock concert like no other.

Love my new Luci AC/DC but GNR is next level.

Expect Godfather to top it. Eric looks like he crushed it again.

#4109 12 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Do I remember correctly that you had to pay for Butch’s full color JJP manuals and people gladly did because they were just that good?

No, that was a project someone here did to have printed physical manuals made from the PDFs. It wasn't JJP charging.

I think the last physical manual JJP did was Dialed In(?). But even though the ones Butch did after that were PDFs, they were still glorious, intricate, massive, detailed affairs. Everything you could ever want in a pinball manual. The downhill slide started with GnR once Butch was kicked to the curb. So sloppy it still has leftovers from obvious cut and pasting done from Wonka Manual content (wonkavator, gobstopper hole, "wonka_update") in it where they forgot to remove the wonka stuff or rename it to GnR stuff, and plenty of stuff just missing.

#4110 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, that was a project someone here did to have printed physical manuals made from the PDFs. It wasn't JJP charging.
I think the last physical manual JJP did was Dialed In(?). But even though the ones Butch did after that were PDFs, they were still glorious, intricate, massive, detailed affairs. Everything you could ever want in a pinball manual. The downhill slide started with GnR once Butch was kicked to the curb. So sloppy it still has leftovers from obvious cut and pasting done from Wonka Manual content (wonkavator, gobstopper hole, "wonka_update") in it where they forgot to remove the wonka stuff or rename it to GnR stuff, and plenty of stuff just missing.

Ahh ok. Thanks for all the good info.

#4111 12 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wonka phenomenal
GNRCE is off the charts. Hard to imagine what more anyone could want with the band involvement and rock concert like no other.
Love my new Luci AC/DC but GNR is next level.
Expect Godfather to top it. Eric looks like he crushed it again.

I brought home an LE as I got a deal on an opened but still new. I gave up my CE and I have to say this game is very good. Talk about not knowing where your ball is coming back to you from. The many paths are NOT overhyped. It is pretty amazing. I am liking it very much.

#4112 12 months ago

Godfather trilogy in 4K and Dolby Atmos is on sale on iTunes for $20. Just watched the first movie with a bunch of wings, and a few beers (wife is out of town so I’m being a lazy slob for the evening lol). This is a good film lol, may just have to buy this pin.

#4113 12 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Godfather trilogy in 4K and Dolby Atmos is on sale on iTunes for $20. Just watched the first movie with a bunch of wings, and a few beers (wife is out of town so I’m being a lazy slob for the evening lol). This is a good film lol, may just have to buy this pin.

You might want to wait Until the code is complete?

#4114 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this when someone replies with the gif of the skeleton sitting on the bench?

#4115 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from Vespula:

Is this when someone replies with the gif of the skeleton sitting on the bench?

Lol yes. Will wait for code to be completed in 2027.

#4116 12 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:Do I remember correctly that you had to pay for Butch’s full color JJP manuals and people gladly did because they were just that good?

Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the last physical manual JJP did was Dialed In(?).

Just for the record , POTC CE came with a printed manual and you could buy it for $100 .

IMG_20230429_002623 (resized).jpgIMG_20230429_002623 (resized).jpgIMG_20230429_002640 (resized).jpgIMG_20230429_002640 (resized).jpg
#4117 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just for the record , POTC CE came with a printed manual and you could buy it for $100 .
[quoted image][quoted image]

DI was the last one like that.
They were crazy over the top!
I think the bean counters put a stop to this

#4118 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

DI was the last one like that.

Do you mean all models came with a printed manual ?

#4119 12 months ago

If by any chance some here has a POTC manual and would like to sell it, message me.

Thx

#4120 12 months ago

Besides a printed manual , these machines should come with a remote control .
With at least an on /off switch and volume up and down . Even a $10 fan comes with that

#4121 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you mean all models came with a printed manual ?

Just Le’s and CE’s

#4122 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides a printed manual , these machines should come with a remote control .
With at least an on /off switch and volume up and down . Even a $10 fan comes with that

Are you in your leather Lazy Boy while you play?

#4123 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lol!

It would be sort of nice to have remote control though for times when people come over and crank it up a little too loud. Or just so I can adjust the volume in jukebox or attract mode from somewhere else in the room.

#4124 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No , but I like to play sitting on a stool and why should you have to turn on the machine like a caveman

#4125 12 months ago

Folks, I’m making major progress in not having to part with a game to make room for my Godfather. These are exciting times.

Reclaiming part of the video game room, just got the huge keyboard upstairs since pins allegedly aren’t allowed up there anymore.

I say allegedly because one of these days I might just test the water again and put one upstairs anyway.

#4126 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Folks, I’m making major progress in not having to part with a game to make room for my Godfather. These are exciting times.
Reclaiming part of the video game room, just got the huge keyboard upstairs since pins aren’t allowed up there anymore.

Are you talking about one of these keyboards

IMG_20230429_025736 (resized).jpgIMG_20230429_025736 (resized).jpg
#4127 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No , but I like to play sitting on a stool and why should you have to turn on the machine like a caveman

Actually a remote would be great!
I got to say I would worry alittle bit about the on/off part of the remote with JJP games.

#4128 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I got to say I would worry alittle bit about the on/off part of the remote with JJP games.

I'm not sure why , that should be the simplest bit .

#4129 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Are you talking about one of these keyboards

Lol, not quite but almost. It’s a full sized keyboard so it’s as wide as a piano. I can fit a pinball machine in the space the keyboard occupied to give you a size comparison.

#4130 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is correct. POTC had a full blown printed manual just like the previous games. It was included with the CE only, but could be purchased seperately for the other models. I have one.

jjp_manuals (resized).jpgjjp_manuals (resized).jpg
#4131 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not sure why , that should be the simplest bit .

I’m worried someone would turn game off while it was still booting up!The kids have strict orders to not turn on my JJP games themselves.
I don’t know why I just thought of this but is anyone else happy that jimwest isn’t on these thread’s anymore?

#4132 12 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is correct. POTC had a full blown printed manual just like the previous games. It was included with the CE only, but could be purchased seperately for the other models. I have one. [quoted image]

Right. Forgot about jjPotC because it was included on the CE only.

#4133 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There may be a use for those old "clappers" after all

#4134 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I’ve got my games room on a smart system it’s so good not having to find the switch. And the games are turned on by the time I get to the room. I just ask google even though she doesn’t understand me sometimes… I can use an app too. I’ve got a scene where my lights turn on at a certain level and my games come on it’s great!!

#4135 12 months ago

Put your game on a smart plug for on and off. Don’t all models of godfather have volume control on the front? Or is that only for headphones?

#4136 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’m just gonna say it. What’s so damn hard for JJP to understand. If we can’t have LTG, David Thiel on sound, or Butch on manuals, then get equal caliber in there to do it as well as they all did. It’s bullshit they seemingly don’t care. I hate this about JJP. Yet I’m guilty of supporting their bullshit decisions like those with another NIB purchase. I’m sure that doesn’t help change their mind. I know Jen reads these threads. So I can’t say how I really feel about it, I need to tone it down a little. But I’m ready do things I can’t say online over those decisions. They wanna be the best, well let’s get it together then and quit screwing up some of what was already once the best.
I guess I should be thankful we even still have JJP. It just sucks watching them make stupid decisions or ruin stuff that was once the greatest.

Some of us won’t buy, wallet talk.

#4137 12 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Put your game on a smart plug for on and off. Don’t all models of godfather have volume control on the front? Or is that only for headphones?

All JJP LE’s and CE’s have volume control for on board speakers.
I’m pretty sure the only JJP’s that did not have this was SE’s

#4138 12 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Some of us won’t buy, wallet talk.

Now where have I heard this before?

#4139 12 months ago

Tried Godfather today, the running dialogue is definitely a bit... not so much offensive as just, not sounding like it should. I think all the diverters are great, the stacking multiballs kind of feels like the game is playing for you, not that you are doing anything particularly skillful. People have said the light show makes sense in person, but while it might be SLIGHTLY less colorful than toy story, it feels like it's only there since JJP feels obligated to put it in, it just makes the game feel more ridiculous than it even would be given the sparse at best ties to the actual movies. I actually liked it more than the Foo Fighters I played at the same time, but I wouldn't consider either at this point. Dialed In was also where I played it, easily still my most wanted Jersey Jack game.

#4140 11 months ago

My Goldfather LE was delivered this morning. What a fantastic game. I am not a fan of the movies and laughed when it was announced. First JJP. If you are on the fence go for it. You will not be sorry. I couldn’t be happier with it.

#4141 11 months ago

My Godfather LE was delivered this morning and I love it. Everyone has opinions on it and different skill levels and this one appeals to me.

#4142 11 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Tried Godfather today, the running dialogue is definitely a bit... not so much offensive as just, not sounding like it should. I think all the diverters are great, the stacking multiballs kind of feels like the game is playing for you, not that you are doing anything particularly skillful. People have said the light show makes sense in person, but while it might be SLIGHTLY less colorful than toy story, it feels like it's only there since JJP feels obligated to put it in, it just makes the game feel more ridiculous than it even would be given the sparse at best ties to the actual movies. I actually liked it more than the Foo Fighters I played at the same time, but I wouldn't consider either at this point. Dialed In was also where I played it, easily still my most wanted Jersey Jack game.

Agree with you 100% on the multiball complaint. All of the stacking and the generic vibe to each of the multiballs makes the experience feel a bit dull and not rewarding as it could be. The Godfather films are all about these deep stories yet the multiballs lack story elements. Each should be filled IMO with movie clips, unique light shows, and story elements.

I’ve said this before but what about Sicily Multiball is about Sicily? What about Compound multiball is about a compound? Sadly not much. I just watched all three films this weekend and there’s a lot of story elements that could have been used in those modes to make them more interesting. Instead we get a single animation playing in a quadrant and are asked to make jackpot shots. I don’t get that type of mode design and it’s starting to become a bit too common across recent JJP games.

#4143 11 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I played both again today. The more I play GF, the less it does for me. Just reinforces my belief that JJP is getting A+ licenses, but not paying for depth of assets. Faster approval times, cheaper to build and still banks$$$ on the theme. TS 4 was the same.

#4144 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree with you 100% on the multiball complaint. All of the stacking and the generic vibe to each of the multiballs makes the experience feel a bit dull and not rewarding as it could be. The Godfather films are all about these deep stories yet the multiballs lack story elements. Each should be filled IMO with movie clips, unique light shows, and story elements.
I’ve said this before but what about Sicily Multiball is about Sicily? What about Compound multiball is about a compound? Sadly not much. I just watched all three films this weekend and there’s a lot of story elements that could have been used in those modes to make them more interesting. Instead we get a single animation playing in a quadrant and are asked to make jackpot shots. I don’t get that type of mode design and it’s starting to become a bit too common across recent JJP games.

Maybe they’re not done with code yet?It is a new game.

#4145 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I doubt it as it doesn't seem like how the multiballs were intended to be designed.

Take the scene below from Godfather II, this is the scene that Compound Multiball is likely partially based on. The mode in the game, like the rest of the multiballs, is an opening animation stating the name of the mode and then the name of the mode remains in a quadrant on the screen while you make jackpot shots. There's no story elements. Now instead of that imagine the gaming going dark as you start the mode, lights coming on in the game to match those coming on in the scene below from the movie and the player being required to make certain shots to catch whoever made the assassination attempt on Michael as additional clips, animations and lightshows play as shots are made. That's an example IMO of good mode chorography but it's lacking severely here. Stacking another multiball would ruin the experience, just let the player fall into the mode and enjoy it.

It would be great to see the same concept above extended to the games remaining up front multiballs (Turf War, Sicily, ex). The generic multiball experience is dull and repetitive. There's no moments and they all end up playing the same. When stacked together just about every shot is lit and then there's 3 - 4 mode name animations being played in each quadrant as jackpot shots are made.

#4146 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I doubt it as it doesn't seem like how the multiballs were intended to be designed.
Take the scene below from Godfather II, this is the scene that Compound Multiball is likely partially based on. The mode in the game, like the rest of the multiballs, is an opening animation stating the name of the mode and then the name of the mode remains in a quadrant on the screen while you make jackpot shots. There's no story elements. Now instead of that imagine the gaming going dark as you start the mode, lights coming on in the game to match those coming on in the scene below from the movie and the player being required to make certain shots to catch whoever made the assassination attempt on Michael as additional clips, animations and lightshows play as shots are made. That's an example IMO of good mode chorography but it's lacking severely here. Stacking another multiball would ruin the experience, just let the player fall into the mode and enjoy it.

It would be great to see the same concept above extended to the games remaining up front multiballs (Turf War, Sicily, ex). The generic multiball experience is dull and repetitive. There's no moments and they all end up playing the same. When stacked together just about every shot is lit and then there's 3 - 4 mode name animations being played in each quadrant as jackpot shots are made.

I think we were spoiled with games like WOZ , Hobbit , GNR but that's what happens when they want to put out 2 games a year .
It needs a searchlight effect at the beginning of compound multiball .
Still got better clips than TS4 IMO .

#4147 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My guess is the game is 95% complete and we will see little to no added changes in the game other than bug fixes.

#4148 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

My guess is the game is 95% complete and we will see little to no added changes in the game other than bug fixes.

I hope you’re wrong. If they added ask those audio clips why not do the same with the video?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Excellent ideas and I wish they could be implemented for sure.

#4149 11 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I hope you’re wrong. If they added ask those audio clips why not do the same with the video?

Excellent ideas and I wish they could be implemented for sure.

I hope I am wrong as well but typically this isn't the case with JJP games and if it is POTC, we may never get a complete game.

It goes from one extreme to the other!

#4150 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I hope I am wrong as well but typically this isn't the case with JJP games and if it is POTC, we may never get a complete game.

It goes from one extreme to the other!

But I had a DI and Wonka for quite awhile and they unleashed huge code updates when I thought game was complete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.