WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 103.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The game, to make it work in pinball, exists in the "Godfather universe". Admittedly, the tone is lighter in the pinball than the movie.

Not so sure it was needed. JJP employees took many liberties creating their own thugs and hokey callouts that don’t fit Godfather. Thank goodness for adjustments and static wanted ads.
How is the latest code? Supposedly more of the movie clips and quotes from actors?

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When they lock features out of the game that can only be unlocked by adding an accessory to a game, I call BS.
I sold the game, I'm happy I did. I am happy I did not buy the topper or anything else that recently came out before I sold it. I am not telling you how to spend your money but I am telling you how I spent mine. You don't care? Either do I!

Its just eye candy (gears spinning, Expression sync'd LEDs) and informational stuff you can get from the info screens, like the album lights up for the albums you have collected The Weapon on, I dont think there is any NEW gameplay features locked out or in the topper. Not sure what the radio dial indicates, yet. Eye candy and info, thats it to my knowledge. I am glad you are happy though.
Back to GF...

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Oh, I get it, it one of those things you know it when you see it, but can’t say why. It‘s serious because you say so. Cool.

Ganz genau... alles klar

#3754 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Oh, I get it, it one of those things you know it when you see it, but can’t say why. It‘s serious because you say so. Cool.

German?

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ganz genau... alles klar

Exactly... understood.

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I appreciate your point. To me it is similar if there was a Barney doll stuck in the playfield of Paragon or a a Tele-Tubby prominently featured in an Alien playfield.

Exactly! Too many are giving JJP a pass for all the generic, corny, poorly-executed content they inserted, deeming it "necessary" to make Godfather into a pinball machine. That's a crock of sh*t. Any garbage speech or made-up characters in Big Lebowski? How about Spiderman? Addams Family? Tron? Alien? Iron Man? LOTR? Pulp Fiction? No? It's a simple formula. You stick to the movie. No made up characters. No made-up, fake accent, two-bit voice actor call outs. That's how you make a movie pin. That's how you immerse someone in the movie while they're playing. Anything less is just whoring out a popular license to drive sales without doing that license any justice.

I do give Eric credit for good playfield design. It's fun to shoot. Great art package as well. I still may buy one, but the value on this pin will drop due to the botched theme integration, so I'm going to wait.

#3757 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The tone of the movie? It's based on the movie, the movie is a serious crime family drama.
The game, to make it work in pinball, exists in the "Godfather universe". Admittedly, the tone is lighter in the pinball than the movie.
The Sopranos game, another serious crime family drama, took roughly the same approach. Although, that game almost makes Sopranos look like a comedy.

I get your point, but my point is that you can see any theme as light or serious depending on your perspective. Godfather is just a made up story with the intent of entertaining us (with a healthy dose of Mario Puzu’s philosophical musings). From what I understand it‘s not very realistic. Sopranos perhaps more so , who knows, but also made up. On the other hand the folks fighting in Ukraine probably find blowing up tanks more serious than Hollywood’s take on Mobsters (unless it‘s fine since we‘re talking about tanks outside the galaxy!).

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ganz genau... alles klar

I won’t hold my breath waiting for a deer hunter Pinball

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

But the value on this pin will drop due to the botched theme integration, so I'm going to wait.

Stern's Jurassic Park has been in the top 5 for a while, and its main character is Newman from Seinfeld. If Godfather plays well, it'll hold its ground.

#3761 1 year ago

Exactly! Too many are giving JJP a pass for all the generic, corny, poorly-executed content they inserted by deeming it "necessary" to make Godfather into a pinball machine. That's a crock of sh*t. Any garbage speech or made-up characters in Big Lebowski? How about Spiderman? Addams Family? Tron? Alien? Iron Man? LOTR? Pulp Fiction? No? It's a simple formula. You stick to the movie. No made up characters. No made-up, fake accent, two-bit voice actor call outs. That's how you make a movie pin. That's how you immerse someone in the movie while they're playing. Anything less is just whoring out a popular license to drive sales without doing that license any justice.

What, so you don't give credit to WOZ , Hobbit , Wonka , Toy Story , GNR and The Godfather for having a real movie assets .
Yet Stern has games like Jurassic Park ,
Deadpool , Avengers , Teenage Ninja Turtles , even Foo Fighters doesn't have any band members callouts .

#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What, so you don't give credit to WOZ , Hobbit , Wonka , Toy Story , GNR and The Godfather for having a real movie assets .
Yet Stern has games like Jurassic Park ,
Deadpool , Avengers , Teenage Ninja Turtles , even Foo Fighters doesn't have any band members callouts .

Did you read my post? Any genuine content is good. I'm not knocking them for that.

Stern absolutely botched the JP license. It does not belong in the top 5. Anything in the Top 10 should be the total package. Don't get me started on the manipulated Pinside ratings. It's a clown show.

#3763 1 year ago

Did you read my post? Any genuine content is good. I'm not knocking them for that.
Stern absolutely botched the JP license. It does not belong in the top 5. Anything in the Top 10 should be the total package. Don't get me started on the manipulated Pinside ratings. It's a clown show.

I agree. JP is not a top 10 game IMO either.

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I agree. JP is not a top 10 game IMO either.

But Elwin did it.

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Stern's Jurassic Park has been in the top 5 for a while, and its main character is Newman from Seinfeld. If Godfather plays well, it'll hold its ground.

Time will tell. I predict LEs will tade for <$10k in 12 months.

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

But Elwin did it.

Yeah. He did Bond 60th too. lol

#3767 1 year ago

Did you enjoy playing Godfather?

#3768 1 year ago

The fact that they only paid to license the theme/Newman and it's in the top 5 just shows how great of a game it is. You do have to be able to get to the mini wizard modes once awhile to see the game shine, many have trouble doing that so they just call it clunky and write it off.

#3769 1 year ago

Does JJP have a number I can call for tech support. Unboxed Godfather and left ramp is acting up not raising all the way up and chattering. Thanks

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

what makes GF a serious theme?

Have you ever seen the movie lol. Show me any comedy, which lines stand out that make you laugh?

#3771 1 year ago

I agree that LE may drop but CE will not. IMO, CE buyers are less concerned about money unless they are flippers. Even if price drops, I think it will be transient, not permanent. Just IMO.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does JJP have a number I can call for tech support. Unboxed Godfather and left ramp is acting up not raising all the way up and chattering.

(630) 830-5225
They also have a support form on their website if that doesn't work.

#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. He did Bond 60th too. lol

I was being sarcastic.A lot of Stern pinheads claim that he is a pin god?

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

(630) 830-5225
They also have a support form on their website if that doesn't work.

Awesome thank you

#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Did you enjoy playing Godfather?

Overall, yes. But it could have been great. I enjoyed the layout and the orchestral music and the looks.

I think the new prices are a little nuts. For five figures+ I really have to be blown away. Not blown away. So, will wait patiently for secondhand <$10k.

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have you ever seen the movie lol.

Nope - never seen it. You?

#3777 1 year ago

Waiting for pin's to go down in price? Pinball machines might be the cheapest they will ever be. Then again inflation might be transient. s/

#3778 1 year ago

Prices might not go down. But I will drive up to GB to trade you for YBR if you feel like changing it up.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from KingOfMars:

Waiting for pin's to go down in price? Pinball machines might be the cheapest they will ever be. Then again inflation might be transient. s/

Gotta open your eyes, buddy. Look at Toy Story, GNR, TMNT, Bond, Bond 60th, Elvira 40th,Zeppelin, Halloween, etc. Many recent releases can be bought secondhand for much less. They are planning/hoping to sell 5000 GF LEs. Practically an unlimited amount.

When they finally stop making GF in 2-3 years and all the dealers eventually sell out the value might climb. But in the meantime no one will pay MSRP for used when they can buy new for MSRP.

You'll see. Soon enough there will be lots of used GFs for sale competing against new GFs. Bottom of the bell curve somewhere in 9-18 months. This is not even a prediction. It's a matter of fact. The only thing unknown is how low it will go. My best guess is $9500, because it's better than GNR.

#3780 1 year ago

I personally think it will be hard for Godfather to get to sub $10k. Stern premiums are almost $10k now and I think the JJP LE model offers more value than a Stern premium.

Overall, yes. But it could have been great. I enjoyed the layout and the orchestral music and the looks.
I think the new prices are a little nuts. For five figures+ I really have to be blown away. Not blown away. So, will wait patiently for secondhand <$10k.

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I personally think it will be hard for Godfather to get to sub $10k. Stern premiums are almost $10k now and I think the JJP LE model offers more value than a Stern premium.

And same applies to Stern. You can purchase several current Stern Premiums secondhand for $7k-$8k. Compare used to used.

#3782 1 year ago

Gotta open your eyes, buddy. Look at Toy Story, Guns and Roses, TMNT, Bond, Bond 60th, Elvira 40th,Zeppelin, Halloween, etc. Many recent releases can be bought secondhand for much less. They are planning/hoping to sell 5000 GF LEs. Practically an unlimited amount.
When they finally stop making GF in 2-3 years and all the dealers eventually sell out the value "might" rebound. But in the meantime who will pay MSRP for used when they can buy new for MSRP? Nobody.
You'll see. Then you can call me Pinstradamus.

It's all supply and demand, plentiful GnRLEs drives the price down, few POTCCEs drives it up. If they do make that many GFLEs, it seems likely you will get a discount eventually, as you say. I'm a little concerned that GFCE might go the way of TSCE or BondLE, but this isn't really a 401k plan, so if I lose a little having fun in a hobby, it isn't really a big deal.

#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Prices might not go down. But I will drive up to GB to trade you for YBR if you feel like changing it up.

I ask my wife for permission every couple of weeks to do exactly that. But the answer is always "no" So I am waiting lol

#3784 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

It's all supply and demand, plentiful GnRLEs drives the price down, few POTCCEs drives it up. If they do make that many GFLEs, it seems likely you will get a discount eventually, as you say. I'm a little concerned that GFCE might go the way of TSCE or BondLE, but this isn't really a 401k plan, so if I lose a little having fun in a hobby, it isn't really a big deal.

Good point. I think even 3000 GF LEs would be a lot. Does anyone know approximately how many POTCs were made in total?

#3785 1 year ago

Good point. I think even 3000 GF LEs would be a lot. Does anyone know approximately how many POTCs were made in total?

Less than 1000.

GnR falling has a lot to do with the code not being finished/polished and owners tired of waiting when there are suddenly a lot of new options.

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ganz genau... alles klar

I know a little German. He is standing over there:

64FA6245-F48B-4EBF-A85A-3C9D8E012AFE (resized).jpeg64FA6245-F48B-4EBF-A85A-3C9D8E012AFE (resized).jpeg
#3787 1 year ago

Gotta open your eyes

I said "might be" The inflation comment was in relation to the global economy's, a comment that doesn't belong here on Pinside, sorry. Just trying help

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from KingOfMars:

I said "might be" The inflation comment was in relation to the global economy's, a comment that doesn't belong here on Pinside, sorry. Just trying help

No worries! Inflation is relevant. We're all paying the price. Pinball is not immune. It's just more of a macro topic. Not sure it applies to secondhand GFs in the short term.

#3789 1 year ago

Definitely understand what you are saying, maybe the hate will be so strong on Godfather, that they are forced to stop production, then I will have one of 247 LEs.

And same applies to Stern. You can purchase several current Stern Premiums secondhand for $7k-$8k. Compare used to used.

#3790 1 year ago

Exactly! Too many are giving JJP a pass for all the generic, corny, poorly-executed content they inserted, deeming it "necessary" to make Godfather into a pinball machine. That's a crock of sh*t. Any garbage speech or made-up characters in Big Lebowski? How about Spiderman? Addams Family? Tron? Alien? Iron Man? LOTR? Pulp Fiction? No? It's a simple formula. You stick to the movie. No made up characters. No made-up, fake accent, two-bit voice actor call outs. That's how you make a movie pin. That's how you immerse someone in the movie while they're playing. Anything less is just whoring out a popular license to drive sales without doing that license any justice.
I do give Eric credit for good playfield design. It's fun to shoot. Great art package as well. I still may buy one, but the value on this pin will drop due to the botched theme integration, so I'm going to wait.

Fucking a hell yeah on this. Stay true pony boy.

#3791 1 year ago

It's a simple formula. You stick to the movie.

Here not bc its too serious, heavy and dramatic. Pinball needs to have some lightness maybe you are different but you dont buy the whole line

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Here not bc its too serious, heavy and dramatic. Pinball needs to have some lightness maybe you are different but you dont buy the whole line

I respect your point of view. It's definitely a personal taste thing. I simply prefer my pins to be true to the source material. BSD, for example, is my favorite pin because it doesn't pull any punches. It's serious and heavy and dark through and through. That's what makes it great. It really draws you in. My son is too frightened to play it. Spooky and Pinball Brothers still have the balls to make a dark pin, but I'm not sure anyone else does. I'm afraid they'll muck up Jaws next.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Pinball has plenty of lightness, see the previous release, TS4, with similar bait and switch, but more on that later. Godfather is an adult themed movie and should be reflected in the pin. I liked playing it, but I laughed at one of the call outs and was like, this isnt Godfather... Ill put plenty of $$$ into one playing though!

#3794 1 year ago

This train of thought is hilarious.
Games ready to deliver
Coded for complete game
Playfield looking good
Flipper issue resolved
Check,check and check
Oh wait we’re not happy with…….

#3795 1 year ago

So I put about 5 games on a game on location at the silver ball planet in Osaka. Not enough games to truely judge it. But it played fast and hard (probably needed to be levelled a little bit. Also played Toy Storzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wow not great it was also next to thunderbirds and IJ stern… but I digress. I liked the shots. I didn’t get too many multiballs. I couldn’t really hear the call outs too well. Would I like to play this more. Yes. Would I buy it now it’s a hard call but I think I’d buy an October fest and a hot wheels before buying a GF NIB. GF NIB in Australia $20k. Hot wheels and October fest $13k each so for a little more I could have 2x NIB AP machines that I thought were fun

#3796 1 year ago

Nice gameplay (and overall game afterwards) video of a CE:

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Godfather is an adult themed movie and should be reflected in the pin.

You don't think someone being strangled to death is adult enough

IMG_20230407_230404 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_230404 (resized).jpg
#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This train of thought is hilarious.
Games ready to deliver
Coded for complete game
Playfield looking good
Flipper issue resolved
Check,check and check
Oh wait we’re not happy with…….

That's a really low bar. A pin could literally be terrible and still meet those criteria.

#3799 1 year ago

Apologies for miss reading your post .
I'm watching the movie right now and I get what you're saying but I can see why they went in the direction they did .
Hopefully they will add more clips .

#3800 1 year ago

That's a really low bar. A pin could literally be terrible and still meet those criteria.

They did it this way because if they didn’t it would be boring!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.