WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 103.
#2401 1 year ago

I prefer games that multiball is an earned event. JJP has a knack for making mb a chore instead of an achievement.

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I know it's likely due to licensing costs, but I am pretty disappointed that Tom Hagen isn't anywhere in the game. He was my favorite character from the first two movies.

Wait until you find out there is no Fredo

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm saying that it isn't all sunshine and lollipops. It's okay to hear an oppositions view as to why they have that opinion instead of just saying "they're wrong for how they feel." Be better than that.

I don’t mind dissenting opinions.
I think if it’s constructive it can actually improve things (playfield,Flipper) and such.
But the truth is there’s a large contingency of haters on most JJP threads that piss on everything that comes out.Sometime it starts before the pin is even released.
I read the Stern forums and I don’t see the same over there from this group.I remember someone arguing that Led Zeppelin had better art then GnR for gods sake

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Why are you guys so worried about what someone else doesn't like?

Because it doesn't matter if you're spending $400 on a PlayStation instead of an Xbox, or $15,000 on a Godfather instead of a Foo Fighters, people get emotional and defensive and insecure about justifying their purchases.

There is zero difference between watching 12 years olds argue about their console of choice and 52 year olds argue about their favorite pinball brands.

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, would you want that or someone making smart ass snarky comments in every thread? Either isn’t great!

Smart ass snark FTW! 60% of the time, smart ass snark wins every time!

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Smart ass snark FTW! 60% of the time, smart ass snark wins every time!

Indeed. It is my bread and butter.

#2407 1 year ago

It's official!

Snark > TS4 bullshit we've heard a billion times.

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

people get emotional and defensive and insecure about justifying their purchases.

Not my reason. I’m mostly just sick and tired of complaints that can easily be resolved with a little effort to adjust settings. I don’t care what people like or if they don’t like what I like but don’t come in here and piss and shit all over things you can easily change. It’s ridiculous. We also get haters who can’t afford stuff who like to piss on those who can. And people who just piss on JJP cause it’s JJP. Whatever.

Don’t like it? Not buying it? Why the fuck are they in the thread then? Just to be a dick? Plenty of games I don’t care for but I don’t feel the need to go into hype and owners threads and let it all out and shit all over their excitement. The world needs less of those types of people.

Quoted from Aurich:

There is zero difference between watching 12 years olds argue about their console of choice

- Sent from my iPhone.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because it doesn't matter if you're spending $400 on a PlayStation instead of an Xbox, or $15,000 on a Godfather instead of a Foo Fighters, people get emotional and defensive and insecure about justifying their purchases.
There is zero difference between watching 12 years olds argue about their console of choice and 52 year olds argue about their favorite pinball brands.

Spot on!

#2410 1 year ago

Disclaimer: I'm in on CE, so I'm biased and already love what I'm seeing. Just to get that out of the way. Did anyone notice the active "wall bumper" on the left side above left sling? Reminds me of Flight 2000 "wall slings." Not sure what you call it, but it adds more energy instead of a traditional pop bumper. Noticed in Karl's stream.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 12.31.57 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-10 at 12.31.57 PM (resized).png
#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Did anyone notice the active "wall bumper" on the left side above left sling?

I saw that on Karl’s stream last night sending the ball down to the left flipper real fast a lot. Thought it looked awesome and challenging but wasn’t sure what to call it to bring it up for discussion.

#2412 1 year ago

I know this has been posted, but I'm not finding it and I'm sure there are others wanting to know:

what time is the JJP Godfather gameplay stream today and is it on the JJP Twitch channel?

Thanks in advance!

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I know this has been posted, but I'm not finding it and I'm sure there are others wanting to know:
what time is the JJP Godfather gameplay stream today and is it on the JJP Twitch channel?
Thanks in advance!

D0A34F56-7778-4777-BFCA-4C6FFBD0F9B5 (resized).pngD0A34F56-7778-4777-BFCA-4C6FFBD0F9B5 (resized).png
#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Not my reason. I’m mostly just sick and tired of complaints that can easily be resolved with a little effort to adjust settings. I don’t care what people like or if they don’t like what I like but don’t come in here and piss and shit all over things you can easily change. It’s ridiculous. We also get haters who can’t afford stuff who like to piss on those who can. And people who just piss on JJP cause it’s JJP. Whatever.
Don’t like it? Not buying it? Why the fuck are they in the thread then? Just to be a dick? Plenty of games I don’t care for but I don’t feel the need to go into hype and owners threads and let it all out and shit all over their excitement. The world needs less of those types of people.

- Sent from my iPhone.

There’s a lot of location play, and anyone looking to play this on location is stuck with the default settings.

It of course comes down to personal preference as to whether or not someone likes the default settings of multiball heavy and unlimited stacking code. And it’s good that there’s a variety of machines to choose from.

But it’s not just a matter of changing settings for a lot of players so their feedback/opinion is based on the game they can play on location.

#2415 1 year ago

Thanks - I knew I saw this somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more of an in-depth rules and features explanation!

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

- Sent from my iPhone.

Get used to it, happens with every JJP title sadly. Just wait for the “Is Godfather really fun” and “Is Godfather a good game” type threads, they are coming lol.

#2417 1 year ago

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN...I'm a film composer (of sorts)..I've been writing computer and classical music since '94 with a degree in compostion/theory..I used a short sample of a tune I created about 5 years ago, and matched it to Karl's livestream in a mulitiball segment..just to hear a different level of intensity.

#2418 1 year ago

for sure, Karl seemed more human than as usual yesterday... i take this as a positive thing about the pin

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There’s a lot of location play, and anyone looking to play this on location is stuck with the default settings.

The thing that really sucks about it is plenty of times I’ve not liked games only to find it was all in how an operator had it setup. So I get what you’re saying in a way. Too many people will be subjected to a subpar experience if they don’t make some adjustments on certain games.

I’m glad I make an effort to experience these games in more than one setting instead of just letting an operator decide how I’m to enjoy it or not.

#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN...I'm a film composer (of sorts)..I've been writing computer and classical music since '94 with a degree in compostion/theory..I used a short sample of a tune I created about 5 years ago, and matched it to Karl's livestream in a mulitiball segment..just to hear a different level of intensity.

Just being honest, the music reminded me of a chase scene from the TV show "CHiPs".

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So location owners aren’t capable of changing settings for the location play? What the fuck?!?
That’s on them. Plenty of locations I’ve been to have done a shit job. Too hard, not fun, not clean, not level. I guess I should expect less.
I thought they wanted to make money.

Each player should be able to choose level before first ball. Beginner, novice, pro. Otherwise the settings would be too hard/easy (depending on how the operator sets it up) as the pool of players on location vary widely.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

But the truth is there’s a large contingency of haters on most JJP threads that piss on everything that comes out.Sometime it starts before the pin is even released.

I don't know about large, but there are users who's only involvement on pinside seems to be hating on JJP. I almost never see them post about anything else and most of their collections are conveniently set to private. They tend to be the first on the scene in any JJP thread, as if they are just monitoring and waiting for them. I see the very same guys posting on YT and even Reddit doing the same thing. It seems like an odd way to enjoy the hobby, at least to me. Maybe they are dup accounts or getting some kind of kickbacks for their efforts, who knows.

#2423 1 year ago

Some gameplay video dropped today.

Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't every single SS pinball with mball have the ability to adjust the difficulty? Isn't there really no way to fully understand the frequency concerns of mball until we can get a feel for what adjustments are available for it?

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Each player should be able to choose level before first ball. Beginner, novice, pro. Otherwise the settings would be too hard/easy (depending on how the operator sets it up) as the pool of players on location vary widely.

Best solution I’ve heard so far for the settings concerns.

pinball_keefer

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't know about large, but there are users who's only involvement on pinside seems to be hating on JJP. I almost never see them post about anything else and most of their collections are conveniently set to private. They tend to be the first on the scene in any JJP thread, as if they are just monitoring and waiting for them. I see the very same guys posting on YT and even Reddit doing the same thing. It seems like an odd way to enjoy the hobby, at least to me. Maybe they are dup accounts or getting some kind of kickbacks for their efforts, who knows.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Stern actually pays people to do this. Business and completion can be ruthless.

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't every single SS pinball with mball have the ability to adjust the difficulty? Isn't there really no way to fully understand the frequency concerns of mball until we can get a feel for what adjustments are available for it?

Multiball difficulty adjustments usually means hitting more of the standard qualifying shots to start the mode and or being required to hit more shots within it to light jackpots. Depending on the multiball mode there may also be an option to disable add a ball and limit how many add a balls can be earned. Adjustments for multiball ball saver time is another way to increase difficulty.

One of the easiest way to tone down multiballs in GNR as an example is to disable add a ball during song multiball modes (what you start with is what you get and that’s it) along with reducing ball saver time from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just being honest, the music reminded me of a chase scene from the TV show "CHiPs".

YEAH, it was a stretch..just was playing around..I didn't want to create new music for something that is already established in a pin (unless on a payroll, lol)..it was for fun!

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

it actually has that 'Streets of San Fransisco' vibe, which I was trying for, back when I wrote it

#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Maybe because it takes less effort to complain than it does to make the change. Plus they can’t stomach the thought of having to swallow pride, admit they were wrong and acknowledge their complaints were without merit.

I don't know about "without merit" - the game does have issues. But JJP gave owners a way to tweak the machine to their liking, and Eskaybee took the time to make a roadmap to improving the game using those settings that is dead simple to implement. Pretending it's unfixable and there's nothing that can be done is the part that drives me nuts.

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

When I carve out an hour to play GNR on default code, I know that I will see about 95% of what the game has to offer. Maybe I won’t get the wizard mode or Tour MB

Why wouldn't you see Tour multiball? It's dead simple to start. Just spam the orbits. I would think if you're seeing 95% of the game, Tour would be seen by then...

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I know it's likely due to licensing costs, but I am pretty disappointed that Tom Hagen isn't anywhere in the game. He was my favorite character from the first two movies.

Eric confirmed no Diane Keaton or Talia Shire in clips on Karl's stream last night, and, on Franchi's Facebook podcast page he confirmed they'd had Shire in the artwork, as well as John Cazale, "Fredo", and they needed to be pulled last minute.

So it definitely seems Paramount was restrictive with the license, and I know in the SDTM video the guys stated that they needed to turn a drama into a pinball game, so that altered their approach, but I do wonder if they never had the option to begin with.

I do like the not entirely narrative based structure here, (One way to design the game) but it definitely seemed the clips are more sparse and peppered in than I'd personally hoped they'd be.

Certainly a vast source of material difference than GnR, and feels closer restriction wise to Wonka and POTC than Hobbit, which was entirely unrestricted.

Screenshot_20230309-230229 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230309-230229 (resized).png
#2432 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

This is a great example of where the callouts feel overdone and I'd like to see more restraint.

The sculpt is sitting there, flashing a rainbow of colors, just screaming "I'm important, shoot the ball here" in the most obvious way, and the callout still has to say "shoot the bad guy!". The bad guy? Come on, that's not only unnecessary it sounds pretty lame. Do gangsters in The Godfather really talk like that?

When did we reach the point where we need our hands held to shoot the one big flashing shot? It's literally got several different lights all going off, in front of him, under him, they're cycling through colors every time they strobe. If it really needs an audio cue why isn't the gangster taunting you instead?

Or a shot gets hit and the movie sound clip plays "How's the Italian food in this restaurant?" letting you know you hit something. Which the callout voice then follows up overly-helpfully with "dinner specials". We already heard a clip, did we need another callout to explain the first one? Glance up at the screen if you're not sure. You'll quickly learn what the Italian food sound bite means.

That video was barely over a minute long and I still heard it say "enemies at our gates" twice. I have no idea what that means, maybe it's helpful with some play context, but did it need to be repeated?

The whole "world under glass" atmosphere of things just gets wrecked for me when the game won't shut up in an instructional way. There's no ambience and vibe to a callout saying "favor". That should be an audio sting, not a callout.

#2433 1 year ago

Can Keefer bring back D'oh Frenzy, but it's a bunch of mobster callouts going "hey" and "oh" with a heavy accent.

I'm trying to not get too into certain stereotypes...but also I'd love to hear a "that's a spicy meatball" after a super jackpot.

#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

- Sent from my iPhone.

I piss on every manufacturer that puts themselves above the consumer. JJP. Stern. CGC only with lack of communication lately. Alternate points of view, no matter how distasteful at times to our own interests, are healthy. Where are the setting adjustments, for flaking playfield art or failing node boards or splitting cabinets? How much effort on the consumers part to maintain a ticket that gets ignored? Unboxing, finding glaring issues and to be told it's the owners fault.

I just want JJP to do better as Jack promised in 2012 when he ventured out to start this enterprise. But a salesman is always a salesman. Doesn't mean I gotta like it. So my pinball brothers and sisters will tolerate and we all continue on.

#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or our favorite sports teams.

Trash talking is always gonna be part of the discussion!

The alternative is no one cares enough.

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eric confirmed no Diane Keaton or Talia Shire in clips on Karl's stream last night, and, on Franchi's Facebook podcast page he confirmed they'd had Shire in the artwork, as well as John Cazale, "Fredo", and they needed to be pulled last minute.
So it definitely seems Paramount was restrictive with the license, and I know in the SDTM video the guys stated that they needed to turn a drama into a pinball game, so that altered their approach, but I do wonder if they never had the option to begin with.
I do like the not entirely narrative based structure here, (One way to design the game) but it definitely seemed the clips are more sparse and peppered in than I'd personally hoped they'd be.
Certainly a vast source of material difference than GnR, and feels closer restriction wise to Wonka and POTC than Hobbit, which was entirely unrestricted.
[quoted image]

Who can make me a few decals with their faces that I can put some place?

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

I don't know much about licensing so pardon my ignorance. Why would Paramount want this removed? How could it negatively affect them?

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Turn down the ball save time on the multi ball play

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When did we reach the point where we need our hands held to shoot the one big flashing shot? It's literally got several different lights all going off, in front of him, under him, they're cycling through colors every time they strobe. If it really needs an audio cue why isn't the gangster taunting you instead?

Oh, you need to spend more time watching casuals. It's NEEDED for locations. Some don't know how to start games. Some can't even launch the ball if there's a button rather than a shooter rod. Others have no idea where the flipper buttons are.

This girl knows she needs to move the "flappers" after launching the ball, but she keeps hitting the lockdown bar button trying to move them. It's depressing.

This is NOT an isolated case. Pretty common sight, at least a few times a week, spot checking the security video feed at locations we had pins at.

At least it's not a "Shoot the pyramid" case when a single clip is prominently featured over and over and over. I assume JJP will have an option to turn down the helpful prompts. Their menus are pretty deep with customization options.

#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

I’m glad that there was no issues at all with Al Pacino and James Caan, also Virgil Sollozzo, and Richard Castellano(Clemenza) … those characters are important to see there, I’ll miss Al Neri in the art and game, he was loyal to Michael and he was in all 3 films.

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some don't know how to start games. Some can't even launch the ball if there's a button rather than a shooter rod. Others have no idea where the flipper buttons are.

I can see how pinball could be overwhelming to some. I remember the first time I had one and opened it up and took a good look at everything I’d never seen while at an arcade.

I also remember the huge Start button stickers on Sega. Always thought they were silly but now I can see why Sega thought they were necessary.

I think some of me is also concerned that some of those types of people actually drive cars or hold important safety or infrastructure jobs and also vote or procreate!

#2442 1 year ago

People who hit the flappers don't even know games have rules. They aren't trying to get super jackpots. They're just trying to keep the ball from draining and have a little fun.

I'm not at the point where I'm willing to concede our hobby needs to be dumbed down to that lowest common denominator.

#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People who hit the flappers don't even know games have rules. They aren't trying to get super jackpots. They're just trying to keep the ball from draining and have a little fun.
I'm not at the point where I'm willing to concede our hobby needs to be dumbed down to that lowest common denominator.

Well, it's happening, and that's why. There's more of "them" than "us." The market can't exist just on home sales, they need location play, and the caliber of casual these days is...less than optimal, and they NEED constant stimulation from video, light, and sound because social media has burned out their senses. I just put up ONE example video to prove I'm not making it up.

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No one is conceding- but your expectations are high for average location chimp flippers.
Settings/frequency etc. can (and likely will) be changed in a home environment with owner hobbyists.

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I don't know much about licensing so pardon my ignorance. Why would Paramount want this removed? How could it negatively affect them?

Cost? Or sometimes there's a personal relationship that makes a license possible, and when that person goes, that approval is rescinded. Lots of possible reasons, some of them petty.

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Can Keefer bring back D'oh Frenzy, but it's a bunch of mobster callouts going "hey" and "oh" with a heavy accent.
I'm trying to not get too into certain stereotypes...but also I'd love to hear a "that's a spicy meatball" after a super jackpot.

Funny idea, but, @pinball_keefer, please no. D'oh Frenzy is my LEAST favorite part of Simpsons, BY FAR.

I will say (again) that we're long overdue for a new Simpsons pin. I keep voting for an "Oops! All Treehouse of Horror" version. There's a TON of them to draw from now. Could be GREAT, especially since JJP has that nice giant screen to play all the animation on.

#2447 1 year ago

Wow! See you in a few hours!

9100B30D-B52C-4550-B8A3-275A8F1B30C0 (resized).jpeg9100B30D-B52C-4550-B8A3-275A8F1B30C0 (resized).jpegC0340D4E-2F47-4876-97C7-D9FFE137603B (resized).jpegC0340D4E-2F47-4876-97C7-D9FFE137603B (resized).jpeg

4B31A9A2-47DE-4198-B3B7-C058927F24CC (resized).jpeg4B31A9A2-47DE-4198-B3B7-C058927F24CC (resized).jpeg
#2448 1 year ago

Is the scoop/subway system able to physically lock balls like Houdini/STTNG?

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cost? Or sometimes there's a personal relationship that makes a license possible, and when that person goes, that approval is rescinded. Lots of possible reasons, some of them petty.

What he said!

Agents, royalties, loathe of pinball!

Can you imagine if they actually got Coppola to approve and sign this game? Puzo is years gone, but man it always sucks to not have creators directly involved. That's an element that made GnR so special and rare, production wise!

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m glad that there was no issues at all with Al Pacino and James Caan, also Virgil Sollozzo, and Richard Castellano(Clemenza) … those characters are important to see there, I’ll miss Al Neri, he was loyal to Michael and he was in all 3 films.

Yeah, I'm definitely shocked they got who they got! I figured Pacino and of course Brando's estate would be most difficult.

Praise Vigoda..!

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow! See you in a few hours!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Does the magnet at the top left have the ill-fated thermal switch again?

(Hoping JJP went with a temp sensor so software can control the magnet being disabled while it cools. The way they did it in GnR was wrong.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.