WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.
#3051 1 year ago

They did mention on the live stream last week that this week we would see 2 code updates?
Let’s keep the pressure on for the best code! Make Godfather #1.

#3052 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There are supposedly some CE's showing up at TPF. Maybe they are getting a start on those as well in advance of mass shipments.

I’ve heard this too about JJP is bringing 10 machines 7 LE’ and 3CE’s

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will never understand why they punish the CE buyers. Every time.

I do not see this as punishment... Let's all be perfectly honest with ourselves, it is nothing more than an excersize of patience . We're just big kids here..not like we are waiting for a heart transplant or anything . There's a "unfortunate truth" about building anticipation and chances are the day it arrives the excitement will be even greater. Speculating what JJP thinks or does does nothing to change the delivery date. When I bought my Waverunner, paid in April. delivered late June. I got exactly what I wanted, not what was available. Also agree that this almost ensures bug fixes, hardware issues, code updates mature by the time a CE arrives. You could call LE's a public beta.. taking one for the team. I salute them

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I do not see this as punishment... Let's all be perfectly honest with ourselves, it is nothing more than an excersize of patience . We're just big kids here..not like we are waiting for a heart transplant or anything . There's a "unfortunate truth" about building anticipation and chances are the day it arrives the excitement will be even greater. Speculating what JJP thinks or does does nothing to change the delivery date. When I bought my Waverunner, paid in April. delivered late June. I got exactly what I wanted, not what was available. Also agree that this almost ensures bug fixes, hardware issues, code updates mature by the time a CE arrives. You could call LE's a public beta.. taking one for the team. I salute them

But kids are anything but patient

#3055 1 year ago

It isn’t easy waiting when you’re excited to be one of the first to get a chance to get deep into the game and start figuring out rules, adjustments, bullet proofing and etc.

Quoted from Zablon:

For home use (or even op use) wouldn't just a simple "don't stack multiballs' option kind of even it out?

I prefer being able to stack things but this is a great idea for an all in one quick fix rather than adjusting each multiball one by one.

#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, I just grabbed it off alibaba as a joke. I think it was way too big, like for gardens.
Ebay and Etsy have small ones in different poses.
ebay.com link: itm
ebay.com link: itm

Found this one too if you like shiney.. but no idea if it would fit on top of the office... but maybe.

https://www.amazon.com/Viaazo-Figurines-Bookshelf-Decoration-Sculpture/dp/B08NBXZPGS/ref=sr_1_7
71bCTTDGLKL._AC_SX679_ (resized).jpg71bCTTDGLKL._AC_SX679_ (resized).jpg

office (resized).pngoffice (resized).png
#3057 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

CE buyers are more picky and generally less inclined to fix things themselves, so better to work out the bugs on the LEs first.

I agree. Let the first few hundred LEs hit the streets, and if there's any initial issues, maybe they can be fixed in the CE.

#3058 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will never understand why they punish the CE buyers. Every time.

It's a shame they are not the very last ones out the door. It is so much better to wait until all the fixes are put into the game mechanical and/ or otherwise.

#3059 1 year ago

This remind anyone else of Risk? That's a positive for me.

Actually Risk would be a great idea for a P3 game.

pinside.a64ba67314d27aa03d957653b2ee46b976b32be0 (resized).jpgpinside.a64ba67314d27aa03d957653b2ee46b976b32be0 (resized).jpg
#3060 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was looking to see them with the game lights on and house lights off. If possible. I like the reflection on them.

Right on...

2023-02-11 19.21.19 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.19 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.27 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.27 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.31 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.31 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.43 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 19.21.43 (resized).jpg
#3061 1 year ago

Regarding the Eskaybee settings for GNR, havent had the chance to install those on my GNR yet, but i'll be doing it as soon as I get the game back in.

Would be great if you could save a bank of settings in a custom setting option so you could easily switch in and out. Like Stern has "home" "comp" etc as pre-configured, but you also get the option to save a few of your custom ones.

#3062 1 year ago

Is this game on location in Orlando, FL by any chance? Visiting Disney this week….Thanks!

#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is this game on location in Orlando, FL by any chance? Visiting Disney this week….Thanks!

Only show one nearby on pinballmap, about 20 mins from Orlando:

The Pinball Lounge @Oviedo Bowling Center
376 E Broadway St
Oviedo, FL, 32765
407-495-2875

Given how these are just being shipped out, you may have the best luck asking the dealer in Orlando if he has one on the floor you can try:

Player One Amusement Group
4601 SW 34th St. Suite 110
Orlando, FL 328111
(407) 872-1666

#3064 1 year ago

Early Godfather review

#3065 1 year ago

Can any GF LE edition owners chime in and let us know your thoughts so far?

Quoted from kool1:

Early Godfather review

It sounds like he got to play three games quickly on God Father.

Not really a review at all, but he was honest about that part.

I’ll wait for an owner review. It would be nice to hear from someone who has the game in a home setting where it will really shine

#3066 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Early Godfather review

Hardy admitted he put a 2-3 games in?
Hope to put more than 2 games at TPF or on location to form an “impression”.

#3067 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Early Godfather review

Kind of a joke of a review for GF. Yet glowing for Foo.

#3068 1 year ago

If I had dropped $12-$15K on a machine you better believe my review would be good. So if that is what you are waiting to hear don’t worry you will hear it soon. For me no review is impartial unless it comes from those that have no skin in the game. But damn it is pretty ain’t it?

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only show one nearby on pinballmap, about 20 mins from Orlando:
The Pinball Lounge @Oviedo Bowling Center
376 E Broadway St
Oviedo, FL, 32765
407-495-2875
Given how these are just being shipped out, you may have the best luck asking the dealer in Orlando if he has one on the floor you can try:
Player One Amusement Group
4601 SW 34th St. Suite 110
Orlando, FL 328111
(407) 872-1666

Thanks for that info brother!

#3070 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If I had dropped $12-$15K on a machine you better believe my review would be good. So if that is what you are waiting to hear don’t worry you will hear it soon. For me no review is impartial unless it comes from those that have no skin in the game. But damn it is pretty ain’t it?

Didn’t the chap from IE Pinball stream give it a great reveiw?

#3071 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

For me no review is impartial unless it comes from those that have no skin in the game.

I’ve seen some nasty take-downs by people with no skin in the game that felt like jealousy, an attack on the expensive price. I would put alot of weight on an owner review if it was thoughtful, especially if it’s critical of certain things. I’ve purchased nib pins and quickly realized it wasn’t for me. No shame in selling pins, so no reason to give a rave review of a pin you don’t really like simply because you bought one. My LE ships tomorrow, and usually I get them 3-4 days later. I should have it next week. If it’s disappointing, I’ll say it. I’m expecting good things and maybe some not so good things. But it looks fun!

#3072 1 year ago

Is this plastic above the office supposed to resemble leather? If so, someone should make an etched leather scoop hood cover for it! Unless it’s already leather, but I’m guessing that’s plastic with leather artwork on it.

BB3CB96A-5CE7-4DE0-920D-A47ADF4FF350 (resized).jpegBB3CB96A-5CE7-4DE0-920D-A47ADF4FF350 (resized).jpeg
#3073 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah, Karl was really up on the machine, but he could hear the direction and tell what he was supposed to do. If you're playing for the first time and can't hear the callouts, that's a severe disadvantage.

#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Early Godfather review

Doesn’t he work for Tilt Amusement,who only sells Stern games?
He’s always hanging out in their booths at pinball shows.

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Doesn’t he work for Tilt Amusement,who only sells Stern games?
He’s always hanging out in their booths at pinball shows.

Oh God no but he does play a Stern employee on TV! You gota check those out for sure...lmfao!

#3076 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Kind of a joke of a review for GF. Yet glowing for Foo.

Guess which one he's buying

#3077 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He said the layout was phenomenal .
That's the bit i'm most excited about , to see how it shoots .

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes, he liked it so much he ordered a LE after the stream. He put that in the YouTube comments when someone asked him if he's getting one.

I'm in on a CE!

#3079 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Early Godfather review

I will trust in this....

#3080 1 year ago

I'm very careful about using the word "Review" in my videos. Unless it is indeed a "Review". The "I played it" videos are merely just an 'experience' or 'first impression'. I strongly recommend that my thoughts not discourage those of you excited to play/buy it. I need more time on it. I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep playing. Hearing the game could also help my opinion about it too. I'll be sure to get some time on it at TPF.

#3081 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm very careful about using the word "Review" in my videos. Unless it is indeed a "Review". The "I played it" videos are merely just an 'experience' or 'first impression'. I strongly recommend that my thoughts not discourage those of you excited to play/buy it. I need more time on it. I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep playing. Hearing the game could also help my opinion about it too. I'll be sure to get some time on it at TPF.

I guess Cary gets a pass because of his cereal profile picture. LOL!

#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hardy admitted he put a 2-3 games in?
Hope to put more than 2 games at TPF or on location to form an “impression”.

I’ve never been impressed or drawn into a JJP game within the first 3 or 10 games. I’m probably a little frustrated as I don’t know what’s going on, where the ball is coming from, what my objective is etc. Thats true of every JJP game I’ve owned. They take a little time, a little effort, a little more attention and focus. JJP isn’t for casual games. I understand why people may walk up and put $1 in Pirates and walk away after. It’s only after you’ve spent some time with them that they open up and you really see what’s going on. This is true of good music as well (in my opinion). Most things that have left a lasting impression on me weren’t immediate, they took some time. Every single JJP game has been that way in my experience as well. It’s a relationship worth investing in. I’m confident Godfather will be the same.

#3083 1 year ago

#3084 1 year ago

I’ve never been impressed or drawn into a JJP game within the first 3 or 10 games. I’m probably a little frustrated as I don’t know what’s going on, where the ball is coming from, what my objective is etc. Thats true of every JJP game I’ve owned. They take a little time, a little effort, a little more attention and focus. JJP isn’t for casual games. I understand why people may walk up and put $1 in Pirates and walk away after. It’s only after you’ve spent some time with them that they open up and you really see what’s going on. This is true of good music as well (in my opinion). Most things that have left a lasting impression on me weren’t immediate, they took some time. Every single JJP game has been that way in my experience as well. It’s a relationship worth investing in. I’m confident Godfather will be the same.

It's the same thing with POTC. On the surface it's an ok game but when you really take the time to learn the rules, it's amazing!

#3085 1 year ago

Well said.

#3086 1 year ago

I put 8 games on the GF LE yesterday at the control room in Colorado Springs, CO.

1st, the game is beautiful. The hot rails don't show up as intrusive or bright as they do on stream.

I like the shots, the game has flow. I found that with the Corleone family you have extended multiball ball saves. I played mostly this family and had several 40 mill games and one 60 mill. This was mostly done on one ball with an extended multiball session, pulling in multiball after multiball and I loved it. Trying to play multiple multiball rules and shots was fun, the UI does a good job putting info on the screen. I believe this game would benefit from a pin sight or some secondary screen on the apron.

I like that you can bring in modes after starting multiball. I still have no idea on a 1/3 of the game and how to progress, there is so much. It seems they took the best part of the gnr code with the risk/reward and left the bad. You get points in your mode but have the option to cash out and collect those points (again?) at every option in don's office.

The people who ordered the CE will not be disappointed. I think this will be JJP's best game ever, definitely a contender for game of the year.

20230316_131218 (resized).jpg20230316_131218 (resized).jpg
#3087 1 year ago

Awesome! I really am looking forward to owning this game!!

#3088 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

JC - He's not writing a legal document! He can clarify it however he wants - review, interim review, etc.

#3089 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I really enjoy your videos and just watched your GF experience one .
A few comments stood out to me .
When you said you had to shoot up the middle most of the time , it didn't seem that way when Carl D'Angelo played it .
When you said it told you to shoot the left ramp but there was no left rap because the flap was up , so you had to shoot a particular lane , and you go " that's a little bit confusing and odd but I made it work " . You made it sound like that was an issue but you " somehow " you figured it out . I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the left ramp shot is .
Also , all the ball paths are "a kick to the groin when you're trying to learn the game " I'm happy about that , as it keeps you on your toes .
And when you say if you don't use your flipper it goes STDM , I blame that on the player not the game .
If you didn't like the game fair enough , you're more than entitled to your opinion , I'm just glad you're criticisms seem trivial to me .
I should get the play it next week , maybe my opinion my change .
Looking forward to your TPF walk-throughs .

#3090 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for that info brother!

Yes, he’s correct. I was there two nights ago. It’s on the second row of pins in the back near Hot Wheels. All their machines play pretty well.

#3091 1 year ago

This is an uncanny description of my experience with JJP also. I had never played much because a lot of the reasons you mentioned-unsure of what to do, kinda floaty compared to Stern, etc. but then my local pinbar put in a Hobbit a couple of months ago and I started going deep. Really learned to appreciate the variety of shots and the depth of code. The heads up display is a game changer! I love being able to look up and see everything I need to know. And, honestly, they're just beautiful games. That being said, I canceled my pending order for Elvira and ordered an LE. Really looking forward to having my first JJP at home.

#3092 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

This is an uncanny description of my experience with JJP also. I had never played much because a lot of the reasons you mentioned-unsure of what to do, kinda floaty compared to Stern, etc. but then my local pinbar put in a Hobbit a couple of months ago and I started going deep. Really learned to appreciate the variety of shots and the depth of code. The heads up display is a game changer! I love being able to look up and see everything I need to know. And, honestly, they're just beautiful games. That being said, I canceled my pending order for Elvira and ordered an LE. Really looking forward to having my first JJP at home.

I sold my EHOH and bought a CE, I'm right there with you.

I mean honestly, JJP games are just better than Stern in many ways IMO.

The lighting is far superior, the display, the attention to details like the thing that stops the balls from rolling down the pf when you lift it up. It all starts to add up and yeah I get it, they cost more but you sorta get what you pay for. Shaker motor, Invisible Glass etc...

#3093 1 year ago

Spot-on .
I wanted to get a hobbit because I love the theme and I like jjp games . I played it about 6 times on location , it was a bit slow and floaty and I didn't really like it .
I also love Star Wars , I went to a dealer and played a hobbit le next to a Star Wars le , the Star Wars felt so cheap and crappy compared to the Hobbit , so I brought the Hobbit .
After I learnt the rules and understood the game , it's one of my favourite pins ever and only sold it due to financial reasons .

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And when you say if you don't use your flipper it goes STDM , I blame that on the player not the game .
If you didn't like the game fair enough , you're more than entitled to your opinion , I'm just glad you're criticisms seem trivial to me .
I should get the play it next week , maybe my opinion my change .
Looking forward to your TPF walk-throughs .

Yeah, but you're essentially getting punished for a made loop shot, unless you quickly and attentively divert the ball with the upper flipper. Nobody enjoys a made shot exiting SDTM. I think that part of Carey's criticism was fair.

#3095 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Lol., I was writing my post , as you had posted yours , The Hobbit Rocks !

#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yeah, but you're essentially getting punished for a made loop shot, unless you quickly and attentively divert the ball with the upper flipper. Nobody enjoys a made shot exiting SDTM. I think that part of Carey's criticism was fair.

If you're not quick on the flippers my Fish Tales will drain all the time , from orbits , ramps , centre shot , I guess I'm used to it .

#3097 1 year ago

This is exactly what I'm personally looking for in a pinball game. A+ theme, great shots, great screen integration, toys, innovative mechs, just excellent. This is a game I would be first in line for a CE for, seems like an instant classic like Pirates. That being said....

Jersey Jack has consistently shown itself to be a company that does not care about customers, does not care about actual quality, and is either laughably incompetent or just simply negligent in this regard, I don't know or care. The reality is a company like this with their peeling playfields and busted posts, always down or needing maintenance, really needs to take a long hard look in the mirror if they ever want to get any of my money. And it would take years of redemption so honestly, probably not worth the effort. As long as you have people willing to burn money on an absolute piece of trash, why spend an extra 5$ on cost basis?

Just sad, this company hits it so far out of the park on so many levels but when push comes to shove, they always drop the ball.

But Stern and Spooky please take note, quality adult themes like this with great integration is the way to do it, game-wise. So sick of children's animation and children's TV show themes. Or awful boomer rock bands.

I will be happy to shovel money into this on location, and let the operator deal with the nightmare that is Jersey Jack Pinball.

#3098 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

They did mention on the live stream last week that this week we would see 2 code updates?
Let’s keep the pressure on for the best code! Make Godfather #1.

I wish all Godfather owners the best of luck with code support. It has been a long wait for Pirates (3+ years), GNR (1+ year), and Toy Story (few minor updates) owners.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#3099 1 year ago

Very fair but unfortunately in an arcade you don't often get 20 plays to make a better impression of a game. Unless you deeply care about the theme it's likely 2-3 games and on to the next.

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wish all Godfather owners the best of luck with code support. It has been a long wait for Pirates (3+ years), GNR (1+ year), and Toy Story (few minor updates) owners.
[quoted image]

We heard you they heard and soon the whole world will hear you!
I hope to god they update Pirates and GnR if for anything you can move on lol still love you man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,999.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.