BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 305.
#10451 3 years ago

That’s where the bell gets stuck n this vest pics I can get .Does that look right? That tan noodle looking thing has retracted up inside.i know I sound like skipping record but thanks for any advice only one blows when can’t play I only got a hour at night usually .

13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
#10452 3 years ago

The upper sling rubber has broken or fallen off as LTG suggested earlier, it is extremely obvious from your last picture, I would annotate it but I'm not very good at those things. There are MANY posts on this thread about how to replace it without taking the upper playfield off but since I don't see the broken one anywhere in your pictures it has probably slid down under that upper playfield and plastic. I guess it will be okay until you need to really dig in there but assume it's rolling around somewhere sub-Munchkinland and may appear randomly during gameplay.

#10453 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s where the bell gets stuck n this vest pics I can get .Does that look right? That tan noodle looking thing has retracted up inside.i know I sound like skipping record but thanks for any advice only one blows when can’t play I only got a hour at night usually .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude...if your noodle has retracted up inside, I would go see a doctor. That’s not supposed to happen. Ha ha ha

Anyways, your problem is that the noodle, as you called it, is the sling rubber that is supposed to be visible in your pictures. It is broken. You will need to purchase another one and the install it and remove the broken one. It’s a common item to break on WOZ. Unfortunately you will need to partially remove the the Munchkinland playfield in order to install the new rubber and remove the old one. It’s not very difficult to do.

Until you dig out your old noodle, and install a new one, your ball is going to keep getting caught there. LOL I can’t type this without laughing!

I believe LTG has a link to some helpful instructions / video in regards to replacing your noodle. Or maybe I am thinking of some other instructions. LOL

#10454 3 years ago

Lmmfao!!! That’s great ..I got it now thanks and I’ll take a Lil further....I’m ordering new balls tomarro also !! Lmao thanks a bunch I’m looking forward to this project .A pin life right ? Have a good one .

#10455 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I believe LTG has a link to some helpful instructions / video in regards to replacing your noodle.

Send me a PM and include your email address and I'll email you instructions.

Here is Butch's video.

LTG : )

#10456 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll take a Lil further...

I received your PM, but you didn't add your email address so I could email you instructions with pictures.

#10457 3 years ago

I just replaced that rubber a couple nights ago. I didn't see Butch's video and I removed the upper play field to replace the rubber. It honestly wasn't that hard but if I had to do it again, I'd try it using the video instructions.

#10458 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m ordering new balls tomarro also

Don't get the expensive balls. They magnetize very quickly.

You might take a look at this sight I just found on a google.
Can't speak to them as a retailer (anybody had experience with Ball Baron?) but there is some good info.
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#10459 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Can't speak to them as a retailer (anybody had experience with Ball Baron?) but there is some good info.

Thanks for the tip much appreciated

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

They’re a very responsive retailer and pretty good balls. I buy from there. They’re not as good as the pinballlife oh so shiny balls that you used to be able to get, but alas, those appear to be no more.

#10461 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I buy from the ball baron. Good products for a fair price and really quick turn around. I recommend them.

#10462 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Its a 2" white rubber.
It fits very tight along the flat rail and is subject to getting cut and then breaking.

You can replace it with a black rubber for better durability, but it will have slightly less ball action.

#10463 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its a 2" white rubber.
It fits very tight along the flat rail and is subject to getting cut and then breaking.
You can replace it with a black rubber for better durability, but it will have slightly less ball action.

I've had great experience and durability with Titan Competition Silicone Rings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#10464 3 years ago

Its a 2" white rubber.

And lower the upper slingshot power a little.

#10465 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I've had great experience and durability with Titan Competition Silicone Rings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

I wouldnt put silicone there.
The slightest cut and they split off immediately.

#10466 3 years ago

Just picked up ECLE and one thing I noticed is the speech is very low (i.e. when Dorothy talks to Toto or the witch screams). I have the "Speech Mix" at 66. Is that the setting that affects the speech/volume of the characters?

#10467 3 years ago

Just in case anyone wants to know, I will be replacing my monitor tomorrow. I have a VGA monitor in there that I'm taking out and replacing with a dvi 1080p monitor. If you want to do this yourself or are just morbidly curious what will happen, watch this space here.

20200528_205525 (resized).jpg20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
#10468 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just in case anyone wants to know, I will be replacing my monitor tomorrow. I have a VGA monitor in there that I'm taking out and replacing with a dvi 1080p monitor. If you want to do this yourself or are just morbidly curious what will happen, watch this space here.
[quoted image]

Since you are doing this, I would recommend unless you haven't done it already to change the fans for silent ones.

#10469 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Since you are doing this, I would recommend unless you haven't done it already to change the fans for silent ones.

Fans on the new monitor? Because as of yet this has been super quiet.

#10470 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Fans on the new monitor? Because as of yet this has been super quiet.

Where does you new monitor come from ? Is it a Wells Gardner from JJP or did you go a different route ?

#10471 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Where does you new monitor come from ? Is it a Wells Gardner from JJP or did you go a different route ?

Wells gardner from twisted quarter. Less than 400 and actually comes with everything unlike jjp that barely gives you the monitor and nothing else.... at all. Not even the frame lol

#10472 3 years ago

Anybody have any reviews of this product?

I've always found this game in its stock state to already be chock full of features & toys & stuff, so I have interest in very few of the mods out there, especially the cosmetic-only mods.

But this functional mod sounds attractive & useful, so I'm curious to see what users think.

Thanks,
-Jason

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey WOZ fans. I wanted to let you know that our Crystal Ball mod, which has been in the works for several months now, is shipping. If you didn't get in on the pre-order now is the time as we still have parts from our original order which means the mod will stay at this price until we sell out and have to re-order. The mod comes with a highly engineered pedestal which holds very true to the scenes from he movie. Included is a brand new, custom made K9 optically clear crystal ball. It's a heavy, real glass crystal ball that is used for photography and the like so it has perfect optics. The only thing re-used from your original is the screen. The pedestal is adjustable in 4 different locations including the tilt of the overall ball mech (adjustable to fit most any height player), entire platform can be rotated to direct the screen right towards the player position, the screen can be moved forward and back from the ball for dialing in the image for your viewing position and the screen can move up and down to perfectly center the image.
Like I said, this has been in the works for months now and took many, many prototypes to get the engineering correct. Finished with 2 coats of semi-gloss clear and including all the hardware needed for this easy swap I think it really makes a nice upgrade both functionally and aesthetically.
https://pinballmods.co/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/woz-crystal-ball-upgrade

#10473 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I've always found this game in its stock state to already be chock full of features & toys & stuff, so I have interest in very few of the mods out there, especially the cosmetic-only mods.
But this functional mod sounds attractive & useful, so I'm curious to see what users think.
Thanks,
-Jason

im waiting to receipt the Gouveira's version

#10474 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

im waiting to receipt the Gouveira's version

Its a lot nicer.

#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just picked up ECLE and one thing I noticed is the speech is very low (i.e. when Dorothy talks to Toto or the witch screams). I have the "Speech Mix" at 66. Is that the setting that affects the speech/volume of the characters?

Bueller

#10476 3 years ago

Just turn it up and see?

#10477 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Check the RCA cables going into the CPU metal box. I have had issues where they come slightly loose and the callout get really low.

#10478 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just turn it up and see?

I should've been more clear .... I turned it up to 85, even though they warn you turning it up high could cause clipping, but there was no change. So my post should've stated ....

Is the Speech Mix the setting that changes the volume for the characters voice levels? The voices (i.e. Dorothy talking, witch screaming etc.) are really low.

Thanks for the post!

#10479 3 years ago

Its a lot more expensive too!

#10480 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Thanks,
-Jason

I like the idea of it being functional as well.

#10481 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Check the RCA cables going into the CPU metal box. I have had issues where they come slightly loose and the callout get really low.

BINGO - Re-seated the RCA's and now is working ... thanks

#10482 3 years ago

I’m back.lmao I ordered the sling n new balls with a few tasteful mods.Im debating the Pinstadium lights but I’m on fence I don’t want anything to drown out the lights in this game it’s beautiful but have heard this is one of the darkest games.I put It in basement and if I turn lights off it’s hard to play.Any advice on these and again thank all of you who have been helping me get off the pine.Im having so much fun with this I feel alive first time in awile.Been working a ton and playing a few rounds w kids at end of a long day is priceless!!!

#10483 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Thanks,
-Jason

I own Gouveia's Crystal Ball Mod and love it. Looks great and makes the video visible while playing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/77#post-5669412

C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpegC3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
#10484 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I own Gouveia's Crystal Ball Mod and love it. Looks great and makes the video visible while playing.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/77#post-5669412
[quoted image]

That does look sweet!!

#10485 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m back.lmao I ordered the sling n new balls with a few tasteful mods.Im debating the Pinstadium lights but I’m on fence I don’t want anything to drown out the lights in this game it’s beautiful but have heard this is one of the darkest games.I put It in basement and if I turn lights off it’s hard to play.Any advice on these and again thank all of you who have been helping me get off the pine.Im having so much fun with this I feel alive first time in awile.Been working a ton and playing a few rounds w kids at end of a long day is priceless!!!

Whilst I am not a big fan of the Pinstadium I will say I seen them installed on a WoZ and now am contemplating buying them.

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

[quoted image]

I like the way it sets on a deas, and the monkeys look genuine. It very close to what they had in the movie!
Beautiful sculpture...

#10487 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I went over in my mind the debate of pinstadium vs adding 6 mini spotlights.

I went with the spotlights. Im very happy with them. I can direct light where needed and not over emphasize other areas.

Pinstadiums are really good at lighting the whole game! But thats not what I wanted.

#10488 3 years ago

I went over in my mind the debate of pinstadium vs adding 6 mini spotlights.
I went with the spotlights. Im very happy with them. I can direct light where needed and not over emphasize other areas.
Pinstadiums are really good at lighting the whole game! But thats not what I wanted.

Ironically that's the fence I am on right now .... the machine I purchased came with the PinballBulbs LED Lighting Kit so I am looking to sell it and go with the Pinsstadium. I've never seen the PinballBulbs installed but have seen the Pinstadium so that has me leaning towards the Pinstadium. I also like the fact you can control Pinstadium.

#10489 3 years ago

I like the way it sets on a deas, and the monkeys look genuine. It very close to what they had in the movie!
Beautiful sculpture...

I own the movie and the platform with the monkey’s on G’s mod looks just like the one in the movie.

I am patiently waiting for Gouveia to start selling Witch 2.0 as I do not own the first version.

I also love my OZ lanes mod by Lior.

A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpegA77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
#10490 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

[quoted image]

My issue with it is that base it sits on. Honestly cant stand it. Wasnt too thrilled either about having to mod the mod in order to get it installed, meaning breaking your current crystal ball mount to install. For that price, he should have given another crystal ball. Imo of course.

#10491 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I own the movie and the platform with the monkey’s on G’s mod looks just like the one in the movie.
I am patiently waiting for Gouveia to start selling Witch 2.0 as I do not own the first version.
I also love my OZ lanes mod by Lior.
[quoted image]

I have this too and when I got it, was sooo mad I spend $200 on it lol.

Thats when I decided no more expensive mods.

#10492 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its a lot more expensive too!

Well, at least I'm glad you can finally admit it's nicer. And quality costs money, especially when there's no 3D printing involved.

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ironically that's the fence I am on right now .... the machine I purchased came with the PinballBulbs LED Lighting Kit so I am looking to sell it and go with the Pinsstadium. I've never seen the PinballBulbs installed but have seen the Pinstadium so that has me leaning towards the Pinstadium. I also like the fact you can control Pinstadium.

It is definitely a matter of taste, I bought the Pinstadiums because they are controllable from the application and I don't really like the look of all the spotlights all over the game, particularly on the slings. The Pinstadiums have their down sides too, you have to remember to pull them off when you lift the playfield and I'm not crazy about how they light the top of the munchkin hut but again my choice was these were worth it. They also integrate with the lighting on the game and can turn on / off with that if you want it to. I generally have mine set to almost only white with just a little color thrown in but both set at only ~25% brightness. I have the UV flasher tied to the witch dropping down which is again a matter of preference, I don't think you'd be missing much without it. This allows me to play in a completely dark room or if I have the room lighting cranked up to quickly just turn them off if I want (I usually don't).

#10494 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, at least I'm glad you can finally admit it's nicer. And quality costs money, especially when there's no 3D printing involved.

I never said it wasnt nice. I said I dont like the base as it looks like a pan handle to me.

IMO, none of these mods are worth the price.

#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I have pinstaduim lights, they are awesome but problematic if you are doing repairs where you have to raise the playfield every day..... Other than that they are really nice and bright.

You still have to add a couple spotlights to solve some dark areas due to shadows etc.

#10496 3 years ago

I have pinstaduim lights, they are awesome but problematic if you are doing repairs where you have to raise the playfield every day..... Other than that they are really nice and bright.
You still have to add a couple spotlights to solve some dark areas due to shadows etc.

Thats interesting. I never thought about them getting in the way of the playfield when needing to raise.

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My issue with it is that base it sits on. Honestly cant stand it. Wasnt too thrilled either about having to mod the mod in order to get it installed, meaning breaking your current crystal ball mount to install. For that price, he should have given another crystal ball. Imo of course.

From what I have seen, I was lucky that JJP did not attach my crystal ball to the base properly. The ball fell off shortly after I bought the pin and I am glad I glued it back on with hot glue. It was simple to remove and install on the mod. I used hot glue again when installing it to the mod.

#10498 3 years ago

Saw this pic from a previous post. Is this a mod that is available?

A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpegA23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
#10499 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

From what I have seen, I was lucky that JJP did not attach my crystal ball to the base properly. The ball fell off shortly after I bought the pin and I am glad I glued it back on with hot glue. It was simple to remove and install on the mod. I used hot glue again when installing it to the mod.

Lucky you!! One of those funny situations that typically would be a problem but worked in your favor at the end.

#10500 3 years ago

Terrific news. The dvi monitor works with woz.... the bad news? The fucking screen came broken. It doesn't look broken until you plug it in.

20200529_192046 (resized).jpg20200529_192046 (resized).jpg20200529_192139 (resized).jpg20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.