BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 305.
#7001 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I saw this In person at TPF. Beautiful, yes. No monkey, inexcusable.

I have never played WOZ, but it sounds like the monkey is really cool. Sounds like the best feature of the game?

#7002 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have never played WOZ, but it sounds like the monkey is really cool. Sounds like the best feature of the game?

I got my WOZ last week, and we have had neighbors and family over this weekend for stuff. The monkey carrying the ball off always got the biggest reactions and comments of anything in the game.

PS. And I never even made mention of that feature, because I was curious what reactions would be to the game. It was always the biggest "oh look how cool!". The first time I ever played it (before I even know who JJP was, so I had no idea it was there) that was my reaction as well.

#7003 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got my WOZ last week, and we have had neighbors and family over this weekend for stuff. The monkey carrying the ball off always got the biggest reactions and comments of anything in the game.

No way! Man, Im glad I went with a RR then. Monkey here I come !

#7004 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Would you mind posting a picture of your modfather housing?

Here are some photos of my WOZ which is pretty heavy with mods. The housing as you requested and a few more for those asking about various mods so you can see what they look like on a machine...
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

And just a note, the Pin Stadiums are not turned on in these photos... Having a GI connection issue with them right now.

#7005 4 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Now most of my pins I have wheeled down a hill into my walk out basement, but they don't weight 395 lbs. Did you guys set up this one yourself or did you get help?

#7006 4 years ago

Ordered my first WOZ mod - the lit drop target from indypinhead. More to come but might see what is at MGC first if anything.

#7007 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the pics. Now most of my pins I have wheeled down a hill into my walk out basement, but they don't weight 395 lbs. Did you guys set up this one yourself or did you get help?

Get help!

#7008 4 years ago

Yeah I probably should do that since my Alien fell on my leg and broke it. Ill get help.. thanks for the advice!

#7009 4 years ago

Best help you can get

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#7010 4 years ago

don't forget the feet

IMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPG
#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It's hard to compare features like this between games but the first time I saw it I was somewhat reminded of the Thing hand in TAF, only better because of the way it goes up and is visibly dropped behind the gates of the castle. I do believe it's inexcusable to remove it and charge more, no matter how much bling you add. Other versions like the RR include all the power coating plus unique toppers, aprons, etc. for less $$.

#7012 4 years ago

I read somewhere else that the monkey mechanism was removed due to using the new cabinet design starting with Dialed In. Unfortunately, the more recent design does not have the space for the mechanism. I saw the YBR WOZ at TPF, and it was pretty uninspiring. The topper was much smaller than earlier toppers on WOZ editions and the yellow ramps do not blend well with the rest of the playfield. On another note, the monkey mod from Steve is really impressive. Feel fortunate to have one.

Looking forward to the Midwest Gaming Classic and the release of Willy Wonka.

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No way! Man, Im glad I went with a RR then. Monkey here I come !

A wise man you are!! Just don't drop this one on your leg either...Weighs as much as Alien does ....( Oops, just saw you mentioned above)

#7014 4 years ago

Thinking of picking up this WoZ, would it have 2.0 light boards based on this build date?

woz7 (resized).jpgwoz7 (resized).jpg
#7015 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Thinking of picking up this WoZ, would it have 2.0 light boards based on this build date?
[quoted image]

Afraid not. unless it had a 2.0 conversion kit installed by a prior owner.

#7016 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Look under playfield. A bunch of blue ehternet cables running to LED boards ? If so it's 2.0, If not. It's not.

LTG : )

#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

[quoted image]

2.0 didn’t come out until around January 2017. So someone would have had to install them afterwards (as LTG said)

Here is what 2.0 boards look like. They say 2.0 on them and have blue Ethernet cables going to a main board in the middle.

The older boards will be daisy chained and say 5.5v or 7.5v on them.

4DC6C480-BA4B-4F74-BE6D-6648AB07E123 (resized).jpeg4DC6C480-BA4B-4F74-BE6D-6648AB07E123 (resized).jpegBEA56777-F1BB-417C-B73E-891811C83320 (resized).jpegBEA56777-F1BB-417C-B73E-891811C83320 (resized).jpeg
#7018 4 years ago

Got a puzzling issue - my trough VUK seems to be unable to get the ball to the shooting lane after playing for about 5-10 minutes. I have been upping the trough VUK power to try and fix, but that doesn't work. It seems that after playing a short bit, the VUK is very weak and cannot get the ball going, sometimes taking 10+ tries before the ball finally gets into the shooter lane. I was thinking the coil was overheating but it feels only very slightly warm to the touch. Could it just be a bad coil? Taking video it doesn't appear as the ball is catching on anything.

#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Got a puzzling issue - my trough VUK seems to be unable to get the ball to the shooting lane after playing for about 5-10 minutes. I have been upping the trough VUK power to try and fix, but that doesn't work. It seems that after playing a short bit, the VUK is very weak and cannot get the ball going, sometimes taking 10+ tries before the ball finally gets into the shooter lane. I was thinking the coil was overheating but it feels only very slightly warm to the touch. Could it just be a bad coil? Taking video it doesn't appear as the ball is catching on anything.

Seriously doubt it's a bad coil, probably need to manually adjust the angle of the trough eject bracket. Have you tried turning the power down on that coil instead of up? Also make sure all the mounting hardware, coil stop and guide, etc. are all tight and nothing came loose in shipping.

#7020 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Seriously doubt it's a bad coil, probably need to manually adjust the angle of the trough eject bracket. Have you tried turning the power down on that coil instead of up? Also make sure all the mounting hardware, coil stop and guide, etc. are all tight and nothing came loose in shipping.

I tried turning down and it gets worse. I’ll get in there and check alignment and that all is secure. I appreciate the advice.

#7021 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I tried turning down and it gets worse. I’ll get in there and check alignment and that all is secure. I appreciate the advice.

Pull off the apron and bend out the metal tab.

Eject a few balls you will see where its hitting.

It's the forward side tab probably.

Bend it either in or out depending on what it does.

LTG should have pics of this.

#7022 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Make sure coil sleeve is clean and not worn or cracked.

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pull off the apron and bend out the metal tab.
Eject a few balls you will see where its hitting.
It's the forward side tab probably.
Bend it either in or out depending on what it does.

Quoted from LTG:

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Make sure coil sleeve is clean and not worn or cracked.

Great stuff. I searched for trough vuk and didn’t find this. My POTC has been great so I had no idea on this one!

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Great stuff. I searched for trough vuk and didn’t find this. My POTC has been great so I had no idea on this one!

It's a minor adjustment but important to know.

#7025 4 years ago

My RR shipping out soon, they are putting radcals. Can't wait! The lowest quote they could get me for inhome delivery was 550! 550!

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My RR shipping out soon, they are putting radcals. Can't wait! The lowest quote they could get me for inhome delivery was 550! 550!

You could buy a lot of pizza and beer for some friends to help you for half that price.

Welcome to the club!

#7027 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You could buy a lot of pizza and beer for some friends to help you for half that price.
Welcome to the club!

Yes, you are right, but if one of my friends doesn't do the job right and scratches it ! then I will have to take that beer and pizza back.

#7028 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got the same quote, and was very close to get a truck and pick it up myself. I ended up being very happy to stick with in home delivery and setup once I saw how heavy WOZ is and the pain it took to set it up !

#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I got the same quote, and was very close to get a truck and pick it up myself. I ended up being very happy to stick with in home delivery and setup once I saw how heavy WOZ is and the pain it took to set it up !

With shipping prices today, I can almost buy a beater truck and throw it away after a single use....

#7030 4 years ago

Buy an escalera and after a handful of pins in and out it will have paid for itself.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Buy an escalera and after a handful of pins in and out it will have paid for itself.

I do have this that I have used to hand truck most of my machines I have in the basement so far. It says up to 1000lbs, so it should be fine, but still Im a little scared.
IMG_0914 (resized).JPGIMG_0914 (resized).JPGIMG_1239 (resized).jpegIMG_1239 (resized).jpeg

#7032 4 years ago

Wait, you don't have any steps and you can move the game in with it in the box and you're paying someone $550 to do that? What am I missing? If it's in the box you and a buddy (or maybe two buddies if your leg is still hurt) should be able to easily move the game in and set it up. Just use a saw horse or something really stable while you put the back legs on. Me and one other guy took mine down a flight of concrete stair with a 90 change of direction at the bottom with no real problem (we had a good appliance dolly).

#7033 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I do have this that I have used to hand truck most of my machines I have in the basement so far. It says up to 1000lbs, so it should be fine, but still Im a little scared.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are the cabinet protectors (foam, bubblewrap or something), for under those straps, MR.?!

#7034 4 years ago

Like this

I do this with even old pins.

IMG_20181119_1903375 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1903375 (resized).jpg
#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Where are the cabinet protectors (foam, bubblewrap or something), for under those straps, MR.?!

Yeah I know, luckily nothing happened to these two machines. I was in such a hurry, had to get them in the basement before my wife came home. Sometimes she doesnt know I buy new pins, and I would like to keep it that way.. she gets upset with new pinball purchases. So when she leaves I smuggle them into the basement, she doesn't see them and hardly goes in the basement.

the cool thing about alien is it comes in two pieces. I doubt the backbox of Woz can be easily removed for easier transport?

#7036 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah I know, luckily nothing happened to these two machines. I was in such a hurry, had to get them in the basement before my wife came home. Sometimes she doesnt know I buy new pins, and I would like to keep it that way.. she gets upset with new pinball purchases. So when she leaves I smuggle them into the basement, she doesn't see them and hardly goes in the basement.
the cool thing about alien is it comes in two pieces. I doubt the backbox of Woz can be easily removed for easier transport?

I had to take my WOZ head off to get it into my basement. It is actually easy as it only has three wires that goes into head.

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I had to take my WOZ head off to get it into my basement. It is actually easy as it only has three wires that goes into head.

Luckily you don’t have a YBR

#7038 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Luckily you don’t have a YBR

Or the latest run of RR. Those also have everything in the backbox apparently.

#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Or the latest run of RR. Those also have everything in the backbox apparently.

Is that confirmed? I haven't seen any pictures of that but I guess we'll find out when Oneangrymo gets his game, unless his wife finds out and throws it on his leg again.

#7040 4 years ago

No rr games that exist now have the boards in the head. The next run of rr games, should there be one, would have the boards up top like DI and pirates.

#7041 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is that confirmed? I haven't seen any pictures of that but I guess we'll find out when oneangrymo gets his game, unless his wife finds out and throws it on his leg again.

I think Im going to do my best to get white glove. I don't want any friends to get hurt, I dont want to get hurt again , and this thing sounds massive .

#7042 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think Im going to do my best to get white glove. I don't want any friends to get hurt, I dont want to get hurt again , and this thing sounds massive .

Need an escalera from ZMeny

#7043 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Need an escalera from zmeny

so did your woz have these 2.0 boards? Everything working ok on it including monkey? I got my RR form same place you bought your WOZ.

#7044 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

so did your woz have these 2.0 boards? Everything working ok on it including monkey? I got my RR form same place you bought your WOZ.

Yep 2.0 boards. Monkey works fine.

#7045 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No rr games that exist now have the boards in the head. The next run of rr games, should there be one, would have the boards up top like DI and pirates.

Interesting, I seem to recall reading this as I was contemplating selling my WOZECLE (prior to upgrading to 2.0 LED) for a RR and understood this to be one of the changes.

#7046 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Interesting, I seem to recall reading this as I was contemplating selling my WOZECLE (prior to upgrading to 2.0 LED) for a RR and understood this to be one of the changes.

No, just the 2.0 boards and circuitry change, nothing else.

#7047 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep 2.0 boards. Monkey works fine.

Does that Green edition have the extra toys they put in the RRs like the castle walls, tornado and Toto in a basket? Just curious.

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does that Green edition have the extra toys they put in the RRs like the castle walls, tornado and Toto in a basket? Just curious.

No. Not a fan of the Toto or tornado personally. I’ll probably get castle walls mod though.

#7050 4 years ago

I posted about this in the 2.0 lighting conversion thread, but I figured I would post here as well for those who don't follow that thread. I just finished the work on the conversion this weekend. Overall, it took me about 14 hours, which I spread out in sessions over 5 days (three weekends). If you are considering doing this but are nervous about whether you have the skills, do it. I have very little in the way of repair skills compared to most on pinside, though I'm learning. This conversion is very doable. Just take it in steps, follow the instructions, and ask questions if you need help. Don't let nerves stop you. Honestly, the most difficult part is removing the castle and munchkin playfields, which isn't really all that hard and which you will most likely have to do at some point. Anyway, I just wanted to offer some words of encouragement to those who may be on the fence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nanaimo, BC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.