IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,447 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 449.
#21801 53 days ago

Lermods has the lighting covered. Great kit to light up the right arch. I moved my scanner to the coindoor using Gotfrogs kit.

IMG_0984 (resized).jpegIMG_0984 (resized).jpegIMG_0986 (resized).jpegIMG_0986 (resized).jpeg
#21802 53 days ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

So I just installed my UV kit on my premium. A few things, looks like they're sending out two versions. I got the version where the scanner is located in the right pricing card area and is turned sideways. I LOVE THIS. I wish every game came this way! The premiums light up the arch artwork, with insider the right one is unlit due to the scanner being there and always looked off to me. Unfortunately stern did not include a new insider/pricing card with a cutout nor did they include a light to light up the right arch artwork now. After a call, service department thought a new card was supposed to be included but wasn’t sure about the light. The game NEEDS that light now, it looks extra strange with one lit and one not lit. So far SUPER happy with the new location, waiting on the final word from stern. Also as someone else mentioned, go into features and turn on ‘UV kit installed’.

I got the same kit as you, installed this
https://lermods.com/products/copy-of-led-strip-trough-light-kit

#21803 53 days ago

Ordered a topper, uv kit, shooter rod, blades, and some other goodies from Marcos this morning. Just got a notification they will be here Thursday. Paid for 3rd cheapest delivery, but nice to get it boxed and shipped out so fast.

#21804 53 days ago

Also waiting for my UV kit from CT.....

#21805 53 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

DarkStar9 Durability Update (c. 100 Balls):
Ball strikes have left a discreet horizontal band across the bank and a bit of minor disintegration at the edges of a few faces. Still, the image projected on them looks as it did when the material was new.

I wonder if a piece of mylar over the drops to protect the surface would degrate the projection reflection?

#21806 53 days ago

Lower-right Demo “Leaf” Creates Ball Trap:
With the chin bumper gone, the Demo can trap balls more easily. That’s unfortunate as it was difficult to get it out of there.
[quoted image]

Is your Demogorgon shaking enough? Mine does that, too, but the violent shaking (achieved with: loosened wire bundle, shortened coil rest point, grub screw relax, chin support removed) allows the balls to drain after only a second or so.

#21807 53 days ago

Received and installed UV kit for my premium. I received the apron without any cut out for the IC scanner underneath the instruction card area and install instructions did not make any mention of IC scanner migration. Annoyed, I was going to go with the IC coin door install but decided on apron install with the previously mentioned suggestions:

post#21627 filed the corner of the metal IC bracket
post#21630 placed electrical tape over the solder joints on the light board as an extra precaution

Thanks to those posting these apron install suggestions, it worked out great.

#21808 53 days ago

I just ordered. Thanks!

#21809 53 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Ordered a topper, uv kit, shooter rod, blades, and some other goodies from Marcos this morning. Just got a notification they will be here Thursday. Paid for 3rd cheapest delivery, but nice to get it boxed and shipped out so fast.

I canceled my order from cointaker awhile before you and received a kit from another distributor right away. I had a bunch of things ordered from cointaker and canceled them all. Usually they are good not sure what the issue was this time. It took a week just to get a response everything was canceled.

#21810 53 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

I canceled my order from cointaker awhile before you and received a kit from another distributor right away. I had a bunch of things ordered from cointaker and canceled them all. Usually they are good not sure what the issue was this time. It took a week just to get a response everything was canceled.

I canceled with them too (UV kit and GZ backbox and speaker lights that just never shipped despite several reminders)... This was about a week ago too, but haven't gotten any chargeback yet. Had an uneventful GZ Prem order with them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#21811 53 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Gotta call cointaker. They are horrible at emails. Mellissa always been nice on phone but they need a better system especially for Lebowski orders.

#21812 53 days ago

Got a text from my closest distro "The Pinball Dudes" last night (Jupiter, FL). U/V kit and all the other goodies are in and are being distributed!

Can anybody tell me.............What is the average amount of time it takes to install the U/V kit?

#21813 53 days ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Got a text from my closest distro "The Pinball Dudes" last night (Jupiter, FL). U/V kit and all the other goodies are in and are being distributed!
Can anybody tell me.............What is the average amount of time it takes to install the U/V kit?

It's been a while since I did it on a launch machine, but it seems like it was about an hour. Nothing about it is hard, though.

Hurryup pinball has an install video for the Pro kit:

#21814 53 days ago

is anyone of need of a NOS projector? I purchased one a while back to mess around with but never got around to it. it is still sealed in the bubble wrap packaging direct from stern. pm me for details

(this is for the original run of premiums/LEs only)

#21815 53 days ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

I’d plan for a couple hours. I spent 30 minutes alone readjusting the finicky projector after the install due to the apron swap. If you so much as fart near that thing, it goes out of whack.

#21816 53 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’d plan for a couple hours. I spent 30 minutes alone readjusting the finicky projector after the install due to the apron swap. If you so much as fart near that thing, it goes out of whack.

Good to know. Avoid Taco Bell during install.

#21817 53 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I agree. It took me an hour and a 1/2. Between wire management and the longer plastic beside the shooter lane being a bear. Definitely not hard though.

#21818 53 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

I canceled with them too (UV kit and GZ backbox and speaker lights that just never shipped despite several reminders)... This was about a week ago too, but haven't gotten any chargeback yet. Had an uneventful GZ Prem order with them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quoted from beltking:

Gotta call cointaker. They are horrible at emails. Mellissa always been nice on phone but they need a better system especially for Lebowski orders.

I think someone needs to page CoinTaker here, because I think they are woefully delusional in their belief that they have good customer service. If I had a dollar for every complaint I see about CoinTaker's service....I could quit worrying about how they lied to me and ripped off my ideas and products. Seems they would be better suited taking care of their own business instead of trying to take over everyone else's, but.....gotta gotta take those coins, if you have the product to actually send or not.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

PS: OreoFlapjacks if you are interested in a Speaker Light Kit, I'm pretty sure I can hook you up with one better than they could...and it will ship in 0 - 3 days.....and I actually answer the e-mails that people send me in a timely manner. When it comes to Speaker Light Kits....don't get taken.

#21819 53 days ago

Cool..............thanks for the response JesseJames23 ,jackd104 , @pinmonk.

Crazy when your life is so busy you have to think about how long it is going to take to do something fun like work on a pinball machine.

#21820 52 days ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Took me 2 hours, also changed all the rings, and installed lermods apron light. All pretty straight forward .

#21821 52 days ago

There are any sticker for the QR apron on the new location? I don't want these without nothing it's awful

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 10.08.23 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 10.08.23 (resized).jpeg
#21822 52 days ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

There are any sticker for the QR apron on the new location? I don't want these without nothing it's awful [quoted image]

Not that I know of but there should be. The whole apron situation is really half-assed.

#21823 52 days ago

Stern really fucked up the apron on Stranger things. Thats for sure.
They should have just done a custom one with a full apron sticker like all the new games.
Instead it looks half-assed as others have said.
Stern baffles me sometimes

#21824 52 days ago

As I impatiently wait for my UV kit from CT, I got curious....I can't retrofit this kit to work in my current apron?

#21825 52 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

They should have just done a custom one with a full apron sticker like all the new games.

Wasn't the original release prior to IC even?

#21826 52 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

As I impatiently wait for my UV kit from CT, I got curious....I can't retrofit this kit to work in my current apron?

The uv kit apron has uv leds integrated and some holes for them to shine through. I suppose you could if you wanted figure out how to move the leds and drill holes and all that.

You may get an apron with the cut out in the price card area. Or you might not and then you’ll need to decide what to do with the IC reader: sacrifice the cool plastic art in the upper right (that doesn’t light up but you could get the mod), put it in the coin door with another mod, or just remove it or attach it inside the cabinet somewhere. “Plug n play!”

#21827 52 days ago

Got it. OK. I have the IC reader so hoping to install in same location. What a pain...

#21828 52 days ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

There are any sticker for the QR apron on the new location? I don't want these without nothing it's awful [quoted image]

Someone made a simple card to go there. You'll find it in this thread.
I've been thinking about designing a 3D print (it would have to be fairly flat of course so it would fit) that would pop in there. Print it in GITD plastic so it glows when the upside-down kicks in.
Maybe something that looks like a hole in the ground or wall. Open to ideas.

#21829 52 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Someone made a simple card to go there. You'll find it in this thread.
I've been thinking about designing a 3D print (it would have to be fairly flat of course so it would fit) that would pop in there. Print it in GITD plastic so it glows when the upside-down kicks in.
Maybe something that looks like a hole in the ground or wall. Open to ideas.

I have configurate the pin with home team, for the moment i don't need the QR lector more, i'm thinking in insert the eprom card and cover it.

#21830 52 days ago

Just got an email from Melissa at CT. She said they got some in today and they should ship out tomorrow!! Hope mine is in there.

Chris

#21831 52 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just got an email from Melissa at CT. She said they got some in today and they should ship out tomorrow!! Hope mine is in there.
Chris

She couldn’t tell you if yours was in that batch or not?

#21832 52 days ago

Got my kit from JJ at game exchange today

#21833 52 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was likely a 6-word email. Amirite?

#21834 52 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Agreed. One would think when Stern went to re-release this game post IC, they would have updated the assembly of this game:

One apron style supporting IC and small UV lightboards and UV plastics already installed on all machines (replaced original plastics are now useless, what a waste). If a little bit more needed to be charged per machine, so be it.

#21835 52 days ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Take a look at post #21735, I adjusted one of the corners of the IC bracket by filing a bit off with a metal file. Easy job but works great. And the IC reader is where it should be, the right triangle (as they are on my other cabinets as well - I like some consistency )

#21836 52 days ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Agreed. One would think when Stern went to re-release this game post IC, they would have updated the assembly of this game:
One apron style supporting IC and small UV lightboards and UV plastics already installed on all machines (replaced original plastics are now useless, what a waste). If a little bit more needed to be charged per machine, so be it.

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of: they saw people selling SThs on the used market for a good deal higher than they sell new games for, and someone on marketing/sales/exec pitched the idea of "Hey, how about we just re-run a small number of those and capture some easy money?"

Engineers and support people: "Ugh...that was a headache to deal with the TK lock. And we can't get those same projectors anymore so we'd have to re-fit a newer projector in there."

Pitch Guy and Execs: "hmm. OK. What's the minimum amount of resources you would need to (try to) tackle those two issues?" Engineers rolling their eyes give an estimate. "OK run with it!"

I guess I don't know if there was a time on the original runs where people received both styles of aprons when purchasing the UV kits. I got in at the very end of the run on the last run of pros so not sure, but I did read the whole owners thread at one point. Of course IC is more prevalent today and more people are used to using it, so probably open to some complaints now, but I'm guessing relatively small in number / enough for them to brush off and collect their $$.

#21837 52 days ago

automated services has premium uv kits in as well, ordered today, shipped today

#21838 52 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The quest to improve TK lock consistency continues. Next on the list was removing play from the main pivot for the moving ramp. This is secured with a large e-clip, and access and upgrade is surprisingly simple. No other disassembly required. Details follow.
Put the playfield on a set of jacks to make access easy. The main pivot has considerable slop, something you can easily verify on inspection. You can get at the main pivot and the e-clip from either the side or back. I used a screwdriver to remove the clip. There’s a single washer holding the top of the cam plate. First pic shows OEM washer (middle) and the upgrade washer (right). The OEM washer is about 55 mils thick. Center hole is 1/2”. I had plenty of washer with this same size, and found one a bit thicker, around 90 mils. Substituted this washer, replaced the e-clip, and verified I still had a smoothly functioning cam plate and pivot. See pics, below. This removed almost all the slop.
This mod combined with a thicker washer on the stepped-bolt on the other side of the cam plate has removed nearly all slop from this assembly. You still need to align this by the methods stated in the sticky threads, and when all was done, I now have a very smoothly functionning TK lock. No rejects on good ramp shots now. Hopefully, this holds up in the long term.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DiabloRush Your two posts regarding this need to be stickied! Posts 21541 and 21552

I was inspired by this post and applied this same fix to an original run LE that I have been doing a shop job on for a local operator. I am now at >95% lock rate and the mech just feels so much better! Even on a deep game nearly an hour long with no flipper fans, I was still consistently locking balls. I had attempted all the documented adjustments before this and never had consistent success.

The main pivot washer is the primary culprit in the mech sloppiness. I replaced the washer with a larger one, just like DiabloRush did.

I only had a few on hand, so I had to file/sand it down in order to not bind up the mech. The final measurement I got was a 2.35 mm thick washer. The original washer combo was about 1.95 mm. I also replaced the secondary pivot washer with a slightly thicker one. I didn't measure this one as it seems to have more give due to the locknut on the bottom. I had the left ramp removed anyway for a teardown, so it made the job super easy.

This allows just enough play in the mech to function, but eliminates any extra movement.

I then followed the stern adjustment procedure that has been out forever.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

If you haven't done this to your game yet, you should give it a shot! Now if we could only find a source for the exact washer size so we can get these distributed to all prem/le owners. I also wonder if the new run mechs are as sloppy as the original. I'm sure they could be improved too.

The fact that Stern couldn't figure this out by just putting the correct freaking washer size in is really mind blowing.

#21839 52 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from jackd104:

It was likely a 6-word email. Amirite?

This is what I got when I asked -

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21840 52 days ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

DiabloRush Your two posts regarding this need to be stickied! Posts 21541 and 21552

Thanks for this, but the credit goes to everyone that has contributed to this thread to improve the TK lock. It's been a community effort.

Fortunatley, the main pivot is a standard-sized post, 1/2". Most hardware stores carry a large assortment of washers. Folks should find something close in the hardware aisle.

#21841 52 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Thanks for this, but the credit goes to everyone that has contributed to this thread to improve the TK lock. It's been a community effort.
Fortunatley, the main pivot is a standard-sized post, 1/2". Most hardware stores carry a large assortment of washers. Folks should find something close in the hardware aisle.

Ace hardware baby… Hillman rules!

#21842 52 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Totally agreed about the look. I want consistency across the board...plus I have some artwork coming from France to cover the red on the triangle with acrylic art. Glad to help!
Considering what needs to be replaced to make this kit whole (apron, plastics) I guess I should at least thank Stern for not making us do playfield swaps to get the UV reflective paint. How's that for a silver lining?

Where did you buy it?

#21843 52 days ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Where did you buy it?

Look up “custom pinball” on Facebook. I don’t think the guy has any other kind of site. His communication hasn’t been great but he’s been around for a while and other Pinsiders have vouched for him. My tracking number says it’s in customs in NY now. Maybe I’ll see it soon.

#21844 51 days ago

The new Pro plus model.
ace864bd-b14f-415b-bb1f-5095882d7a56photo (resized).jpegace864bd-b14f-415b-bb1f-5095882d7a56photo (resized).jpeg

Just 2 of these and wire to gi.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5307-00

#21845 51 days ago

Newsflash: just got ship notice on uv kit from CoinTaker. Ordered October 3

#21846 51 days ago

How to Cheat (Yourself?):

Today, for the first time, I skipped all the work necessary to reach two different wizard modes. I vaguely knew this was an option in SPIKE2 gamecode but I hadn’t got around to trying it. As I assume most of you already know, these are called Challenge modes and are available by pressing/holding both flippers before starting a game. They could just as well be called Take-Heart or Cheat modes, however, as they are the ultimate skip-ahead indulgences.

The verdict?

Well, there is certainly something to be said for pressing Start and - wham! - you’re in the mode. Try “Send it Back!” Challenge and you might get your pinball fix for the whole day in three minutes. It’s quite the rush!

#21847 51 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Newsflash: just got ship notice on uv kit from CoinTaker. Ordered October 3

Awesome!
Congrats!
I dearly hope I get such a notice this week too.
Come on, CT! You can do it!

#21848 51 days ago

Today, for the first time, I skipped all the work necessary to reach two different wizard modes. I vaguely knew this was an option in SPIKE2 gamecode but I hadn’t got around to trying it. As I assume most of you already know, these are called Challenge modes and are available by pressing/holding both flippers before starting a game. They could just as well be called Take-Heart or Cheat modes, however, as they are the ultimate skip-ahead indulgences.
The verdict?
Well, there is certainly something to be said for pressing Start and - wham! - you’re in the mode. Try “Send it Back!” Challenge and you might get your pinball fix for the whole day in three minutes. It’s quite the rush!

It's not cheating, it's there for the 90% who will never get there, myself a proud member of the 90% ers

#21849 51 days ago

The verdict?

There is still one mode you can't get to via the challenge modes. After you beat Final Showdown in the actual game, you get the mode, but not via the challenge path.

So there is still incentive to beat Final Showdown in-game.

#21850 51 days ago

Installed my UV kit tonight! Got to the Upside Down and ………nothing.

Don’t forget to enable it in the settings!!! It’s probably in the directions and I just didn’t read that far.

Derp on me!

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,447 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/437 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.