IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have the deluxe speaker lights kit here on my bksor le. Amazing mod and I think some blues and purple settings using this mod would looks fantastic on a ST le.

I have purple speaker surrounds available (instead of the red ones like in your video....and in Stranger Things LE). I have a couple of sets in stock now, but don't expect to normally have them in stock until I add a more permanent "for sale" speaker surround page on my website. Here is the temp link if anyone is interested:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/temp.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Purple lights off - resize (resized).jpgPurple lights off - resize (resized).jpgPurple lights on - resize (resized).jpgPurple lights on - resize (resized).jpg
#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone used this volume controller for their machines? I’m thinking of ordering one for my stranger things pro. Any reviews on it ? I was thinking of getting the volume controller that goes in the tournament button area on my sth pin, but I kind of want to keep that for the usb mod to update my machine.[quoted image]

A volume control on the front of the game makes sense to me, but the USB port on the outside of the cab...not so much. Why not pay $7 and just leave the usb extension in the cabinet near the cash box or run it to the back of the coindoor?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-Male-Female/dp/B00NH12O5I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Yes pro speakers are 4”. I bought some kenwood 5.25” and the bigger speaker brackets from pinballlife. I also got the type 13 kit from speakerlights and a shaker from cointaker now if my machine would get here already lol. I’ll post pics when all hooked up.

If anyone is looking to do a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade on a SPIKE 2 game....you might want to give me a bit of time (3 - 4 weeks). I should have 5.25" speaker plates available at a lower price than they are available for now. If you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit with them...they will be a significant lower price than that upgrade can be done now. I plan on having the 5.25" speaker plates at $50 a pair if purchased alone or $25 a pair if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

I know I have been saying this for awhile, but with the 5th prototype set....they have now passed their test fitting and a production order has been placed.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where can I buy this speaker at? I’m thinking of putting in a subwoofer too

Looks like a lot of choices. $43 and up...depending on how much you trust buying from web shops you have never heard of. Amzon seems like the safe sweet spot on price and trust.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=jbl+stage+810&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=63DB01CBB469438EB10F49FE51771EDB

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Cheapest price in NL was 50 euro's.
Which kind of speakers are placed in the LE version? Are that kenwood KFC-S1066 ones? I see those are 4 ohm speakers, I know that there is a setting in the menu where you can switch the cabinet speaker from 8 to 4 ohm but don't know if that is also available for the backbox speakers.[quoted image]

The Kenwood speakers that Stern has been using in the recent LEs are Kenwood KFC-1366s model.

UPDATE: The ones you have listed are 6.5" speakers.

UPDATE 2: I see this setting was added back in June of 2018. I think all SPIKE 2s have been updated past the system revision that added this since then:

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types
are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH PERFORMANCE 4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Any idea What sub are they using in the LE’s?

No, sorry.

1 week later
#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Does anyone know where I go to change the speaker settings from 8 to 4 ohms?

When they added that adjustment the read me said:

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH
PERFORMANCE 4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for
the selected speaker type.

...but I also seem to remember hearing they changed where it was or the order or the options or something since then.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

LE speaker mod? Where can I get this ?

I should have the 5.25" speaker plates to do this type of 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade in a couple of weeks. I have been saying that for months, but the most recent prototype (out of 5 I believe) has passed the fit and look test and the first production order has been placed. My 5.25" plates will be a lower priced alternative than it currently costs for this type of upgrade. I will have the 5.25" speaker plates available for $50 a PAIR or $25 a PAIR if you are buying one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits along with them. I will also have a variety of color and style speaker surrounds available for $22.50 a PAIR.

I am not selling the 5.25" speakers, so it will be up to the buyer to decide what 5.25" speakers they want for their upgrade and to purchase them elsewhere.

I am still not sure how I will have these items listed on my website. I may offer a single link to pick the 5.25" plates and a Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit (Type 13) in a single bundle. I suspect the type 13 is the light kit type the vast majority of people would want with the 5.25" plates. Any acrylic surround sets would have to be purchased separately as there are so many different colors and styles I don't want to create a separate listing for each bundle combination. Also...the acrylic surrounds are not required and the type 13 light kits look great without any surrounds used at all. Kinda different, but nice. Using no surrounds looks better than using the light kits with surrounds that do not let light shine through them, in my opinion. At least when the game is on anyway.

If a buyer would rather use one of my "fully lit grill" Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits with their 5.25" speaker plate purchase, that is fine too. I will keep an eye on the orders and when I see anyone buying the 5.25" speaker plate set separately and also a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit....I will refund the $25 bundle savings back to their PayPal transaction.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

That LE speaker mod. Of which components does that consist?
For the backbox I found Kenwood KFC-S1066, is this correct? And the cabinet speaker? Is a filter included?

The Kenwood speaker that Stern has been using in the LE games is model KFC-1366S. I think the ones you have mentioned are 4" speakers, in American terms and not the 5.25" size that the LE games use.

What is needed for the upgrade is (all prices listed are for the entire quantity needed):

2 - 5.25" speakers: Of your choice, $7.50 (if you want to really cheap out) and up.

2 - 5.25" speaker plates: To be able to mount the larger 5.25" speakers. Available now for $69.90 and I will have them available soon for $50 or $25 if you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit from me.

2 - Foam gaskets: Available now for $25.90, BUT not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup.

8 - 1/2" spacers: Available now for $3.52, BUT also not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup. These spacers and the above gaskets kind of go hand in hand, you really either need them both or neither.

2 - Speaker surrounds (if you would like to match the LE look). I can get these in about any color you would like for $22.50. Available in red elsewhere for $23.90.

All and all, if you are wanting to do this 4" to 5.25" upgrade and you DO need the spacers and gaskets for the speakers you choose to buy....you can get all the parts elsewhere for $123.22 (excluding the price of the speakers you choose) OR you can wait a bit and get the needed parts from me (including the type 13 Speaker Light Kit and acrylic surrounds in your choice of color) for $122.50 ($.72 cheaper).

Heck....even if you hate speaker lights, you can unplug them and it's still cheaper than what is currently available.......but come on, at least turn them on white and dial down the brightness. Even that has to look better than nothing.

1 week later
#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

So, Kenwood KFC-1366 in the backbox and Goldwood GW-208/4 in the cabinet for the LE version.
Congrats on your LE. How does it relate to the PRO version?

Kenwood KFC-1366S

1 week later
#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have to say this looked fantastic and suspect will look even better in person...
I initially thought that this was a stretch to charge another 280bucks but then I think about how much I pay for lighted speakers and other mods and this is a piss in the ocean and no big deal.
Neil.

My Speaker Light Kits are $45 - $85 depending on what type you get. I would surely think you could mention some other, more expensive, mods when trying to rationalize this money being spent. Come on man! ....or are you saying you wouldn't mind paying more for lighted speakers??? Hmmmmmmm...

PS: On a serious note. It looks interesting and it seems they defiantly could have cheaped out on this much more than they did. The replacement plastics and apron along with the UV lighting gives better "total package" feel than just offering the light strips. I look forward to seeing it in action in a well atmosphered gameroom.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built 2-7-2020[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The last game to come off the line on a late Friday afternoon....good luck with that one.

1 week later
#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

I mentioned previously how the right orbit shot doesn't always register. Here is video proof of the reason why - there is enough room for the ball to roll next to the switch without pressing it down. Not sure what to do about it.

A 1/4" deep socket works really well to move the outlane posts.
[quoted image]
And finally the ramp post came apart again so I installed the new one. This is what the original looks like:
[quoted image]

Spider-Man can do that on the right orbit also. It does seem like a bit of a strange design.....oversight?...decision??...choice?!?

On SM it doesn't happen often. It has to be just the right kinda hit to get past the switch, but when you are looking to hit the shot and you hit the shot, but it doesn't register the shot......you notice.

2 weeks later
#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the stock LE kenwoods in here. I think Doug recommends to buy those if you want to upgrade the premium

I really have no 4" to 5.25" speaker recommendations for any Pro or Premium users. I'm not a speaker guy....I'm the Speaker Light Kit guy.

Having said that, I personally bought another pair of the Kenwood KFC-1366S speakers that Stern has been using on their recent LE games, for use in my Jurassic Park Premium. I picked those speakers....mainly because of the way they look (and their low profile). I haven't had a chance to hear how the audio on them perform vs the 4" stock, 5.25" JBL, 5.25" Flipper Fidelity or 5.25" Pyle speakers that I also have. All of those different speaker types were acquired for test fitting reasons with my different Speaker Light Kit types more than for testing their audio qualities. I hope to do that type of audio testing eventually and then I am considering getting an amp to see how that improves things.

From what I have read from others....upgrading to higher quality 5.25" speakers over the stock 4" speakers is a nice upgrade and I have been told that adding an amp to the 5.25" speakers makes them sound even better. From a quick look in the games options, the sound settings are a bit intimidating to me as there are really more audio options than I would have expected. Options are a good thing though and I'm sure many users, especially audiophiles, appreciate them being there in the game's settings.

I hope to have my 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates added to my website in the next few days ($50 a pair OR $25 a pair if ordered along with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit). I have them in stock and ready to go and I hope to have the different color speaker surround sets listed at that time also ($22.50 a pair). I just need to decide how I want to list things and get to it. Website work is not my strong point.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Video detailing some adjustments you can make to help you peeps dial in your games.

Tweakmasterwurt

2 weeks later
#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The stock speakers don't light up on NST LE. On BM66 they only lit up on the LE and SLE version or if a mod was added to the base model. I think the only other Stern LE that has this stock is Deadpool.

It was actually only the Batman 66 SLE that had the light up rings (not the premium of LE models) and as you mentioned Deadpool LE also had the light up rings.

Having said that....there are better options available than what those games offered from the factory.

351 different color / light transition patterns, DIY favorites list, adjustable speed and brightness. $75. Different color speaker surrounds are available for $22.50. Purple seems to be a popular color with the Stranger Things LE trim. I am out of stock on the purple surrounds currently, but I will have them back in stock soon.

3 months later
#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What size speakers are in a STh LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

5.25” kenwoods

Kenwood KFC-1366S are the model number.

1 month later
#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that would look dumb on a LE. If they are cheap, might be worth a look, but having the speaker visible behind the demo, wouldn’t look right.

On an LE you could always put some speaker foam in and say "who cares about seeing the speakers" and light the entire grill area.

I'm not sure what that mod is, but with the shape and how it is pictured in a vertical lit frame, I thought speaker design also.

3 weeks later
#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The mod I posted a query about previously is indeed a speaker panel mod, as better shown below... not sure I really like the idea of having something this big messing with the sound though...
[quoted image]

I wouldn't think it would effect the sound, but that may come down to how it is mounted and if there is any space between the back of that acrylic and the front of the speaker plate. Even more so would be what that pink / purple material is that covers the entire speaker area. I'm expecting it would be something like colored felt, but if it was something more solid I would think it would defiantly muffle the sound.

I'm wondering why they went in the honeycomb area for the border of the design, but I am expecting that they may have felt like they needed to do that on the inner walls and therefore decided to make the same uniform sized border on all 4 sides. I would agree with that call if the inner border had to be there at all, but I expect the design could have been made with only a bottom "floor" and no other visible borders at all. I would even expect the "floor" could have been made so it was out of view and just had the Demogorgon's feet coming out from the bottom of the honeycomb area.

Does it light up? Let's see some more pics.

3 weeks later
#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN2 is 5V, CN11 is 12V. Also, the pinouts are not the same. So CN2 is a dead-end if you need 12V.
CN3 and CN4 are 12V (different pin arrangement).
CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.[quoted image]

Don't the CN3 and CN4 connections just pulse the +12v power? They are intended for coin counter meters so I suspected they just gave a pulse of +12v power when a coin was inserted instead of providing the +12v at all times.

There is also +12v on the CN1 and CN8 on the cabinet node board if they are not being used.

2 weeks later
#6103 3 years ago

Last question... should this black foam be in the stock design, or is it also part of this mod? Maybe stock the idea is that lots of light from the LEDs gets around the red speaker ring, but with the mod, there is no light coming there, so it's blocked off with this foam, although I can't see the reason for doing that because the whole speaker is hidden behind the pink foam anyway...
[quoted image]

If you are going LE factory.....

Take off that light frame...(and throw it away...or send it to me)

take off the demogorgon thing...(and throw it away...or send it to me)

strip the speaker plate down......remove the speaker, speaker gasket, spacers, red surround (all this is taken off just to mount the spaker plate)

Now mount the speaker plate as you suspected...it IS used to hold the screen in place.

After the speaker plate is in place add the speaker surround, spacers, gasket and speaker back on.

There was no speaker lighting from the factory. So no, the surrounds will not be lighting up.

PS: There may have also been clear spacer slats under the mod.....unless they removed them. If they are there....keep them in place between the speaker panel and the speaker plate (SEE ATTACHMENT).

PSS: If you want a kick ass Speaker Light Kit for that game...I would go with the Deluxe 5.25".

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

Did you ever post a picture of the mod in the game....with the game turned on. I was waiting to see what it looked like. Also....If there was a bit of space between the back of the demogorgon and the front of the speaker plate....I don't think it would have hindered the sound at all. I would almost be more suspect of the pink foam stuff that was stuck on the front of the speaker plates, but that depends on what it is made of.
between panel and plates (resized).JPGbetween panel and plates (resized).JPG

Just adding more info to get you to stock LE:

The cable holder that you have pictured on the speaker should be on the bottom, inner nuts of the speaker plates and the support straps to let the panel swing down from the back box connect to the top inner nuts on the speaker plates.

#6116 3 years ago

Thanks for your detailed reply! I have a bit of thinking to do!! I'm not a fan of that pink foam and may simply just remove that, but I'm also very tempted by your deluxe 5.25" mod... I'm also thinking of keeping the metal demogorgon in place... to be honest, I don't remember seeing these things actually light up... so from what you're saying, that connector which I photographed I now realise is for 2 mods (speaker plus DogDug), so factory there is nothing connected at all to those pins?

When you ask "so factory there is nothing connected at all to those pins?".....if you mean the CN6 connection on the power distribution board where you have the mod pictured as being plugged in, the answer is no. There is normally not anything plugged in to CN6 from the factory. As far as I know there haven't even been any official Stern add-ons that use that plug. You would think it was probably put there for toppers or something, but I don't believe Stern has offered any add-ons that use that connection.

#6122 3 years ago

Looks muck better with the pink foam removed I think!
[quoted image]

I don't think you will get any noticeable (even if you are straining to listen for it) sound interference from that demogorgan being there. As I said before...I would expect the pink stuff (depending on what it was made of) being stuck directly to the front of the speaker plate would be more likely to muffle the sound than that demogogan design setting 1/2" in front of the speaker plate would.

As for that mod.....not how I would have done things (obviously, because if I would have done them that way...I would have done them that way), but it was interesting to see what someone else had in mind for a light frame in a SPIKE 2 game. They went with an idea very similar to what I had considered early on when designing my SPIKE 2 light frames.

The black border showing all the way around the inside of the honeycomb grill area is not as off-putting as I would have expected and I think they did the right thing by trying to add the same size border all the way around (or at the very least by adding it to each side). I can understand why they included the pink backing with the mod. I think it looks fine with or without it in the LE, but if it were the pro or premium speaker plates showing behind there (with the smaller, off center speaker holes with the stupid looking bars running through them) it would have looked awful, in my opinion, being seen back there.

Thanks for posting the pics.

9 months later
#11542 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DugFreez can you help this fine pinhead with some purple surrounds?

You know I have em'. The worst part would be shipping them alone to the UK. Having said that....when I do get an international order for acrylic designs or speaker surrounds only, I refund the shipping overage AFTER they arrive and I am contacted saying they arrived in good condition. If they arrive broken (which is not usually an issue) the overage amount would be used toward correcting the order. This is only how I do things with international surround or design only orders. I just don't have the profit on them to correct any issues that come up without losing money out of pocket. So at least the overage takes part of the sting out if that does happen. I think this actually only happened once.....but that was enough for me to decide to not give the shipping refund until after I had been contacted and told the order arrived well.

In this purple surround case the shipping charged to UK would be $25.50 (for 0 - 2lbs), but $11.72 would be refunded if the surrounds arrive in good condition and I am contacted and told about that. Of course if a light kit was purchased with it, it's the same $25.50 shipping fee and there's then room to correct any issues that might crop up without me having to lose money to do it.

#11546 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Hi,
I have a friend who regularly gets large orders from pinball life.
So I wondered if I could get them sent there and they could put them in with my friends next order, completely at my own risk, so once they arrived at pinball life if anything happens to them after that it’s my responsibility.
Just a thought, especially as I’m getting a mandalorian soon and will do the same to that.
I’m hoping to have tried the 25” screen in ST before then.
Thanks
Tony

That would be fine with me as long as it is cleared and I get the go ahead from Pinball Life ahead of time.

The surround set would cost $8.10 shipping to Pinball Life (+ whatever it might add to the order from there) instead of $13.78 (after shipping overage refund) getting it shipped direct from me. Is that $5.68 savings worth everyone's extra effort?

#11549 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’d be interested in purple speaker lights as well if they can be shipped to Australia

Australia is my biggest market after the US. I ship all international orders via USPS First Class mail (with is the lowest priced option). If you are in a bigger hurry for your order it is best to contact me in advance to see what an upgrade to Priority Shipping would be. It seems to vary quite a bit as some orders are just $10 - $15 more while others are quite a larger jump in price.

As it is currently, the delivery times on the First Class shipping has gotten back to the normal 2-3 weeks for delivery, where as they were 2- 3 months on the delivery times when the virus delays were in full effect.

Top Sales 1-1-21 -  8-3-21 (resized).jpgTop Sales 1-1-21 - 8-3-21 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12016 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

The £30 Sign I got which i put a bracket on to make a topper had a usb plug for the lights.
I managed to find a 12v to 5v usb board on Amazon for £6 delivered and simply wired a simple plug and cable from the power board to this board, put some Velcro on and placed it in the backbox, fed the cable from topper through the designated topper hole and plugged in !
Also added dougs speaker lights and added a magnetic speaker panel.
UV kit arriving any day now which I’m going to transfer onto a metal apron
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was nice seeing these pictures. I wasn't sure how big the speaker holes were that are cut in the magnet speaker panel covers. Though, I expect that may vary from design to design. Mando looks like they may be smaller.

2 years later
#20587 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Off brand? Off of what brand, exactly? There are *brands*, and then there are other *brands*, but what qualifies as an *off brand*?
Not trolling, seriously. I am honestly just trying to figure out what you mean.
Terry.

By *off brand* I am expecting they mean any speaker light kits that are not made or sold by "SpeakerLightKits.com". You know...the *off brand* light kits that people have copied off of me. Taking my light frames to your metal shop to have copied was not appreciated and doing that with one of your suppliers' products is pretty shameful in my opinion, but "It's just business" as you would say. At least you did change the name away from the "Deluxe" name that I gave them, and most knock-off sellers use. I did appreciate that.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original and Best Pinball Speaker Light Kits)

#20604 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Which speaker lights are these?

They are mine, or a copy of mine.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html

Mine are better than the copies as mine now come with a custom controller that has all of its 358 different color / color transition patterns programmed to specifically fit my light frames. This makes it so there are no jarring transitions on the chasing and stacking patterns where the light strip transition at the corners (where the light strips begin and end). Each component is personally checked by me and assembled by me in the USA. I didn't just send someone else's product off and say, "copy this" and get them is cases, premade by who knows who, from who knows where. As stated, mine are the original and the others like this are just *off brand* knock-offs. All of my light kits are now shipping in 0 - 3 days.

That color pattern in that video is very popular with Stranger Things users. I was thinking it would be something for me to list that as the "Stranger Things: Messages from the Upside Down" Speaker Light Kit and charge my customers an additional $20 just for calling it a different name......as that is what CoinTaker does with their "Godzilla: Destruction" speaker light kit. It's the same thing as their deluxe light kit knock-off with the app controller that they are now selling for $98.95, but they charge their unknowing customers $118.95 for their "Destruction" kit because they call it a different name and they know they can take advantage of Godzilla being a popular game (and their own customers not knowing any better). So....anyone that has bought that "Destruction" light kit from them "got taken", because while you could have got the same thing (but better) from me for $100 (when they were charging up to $169.95) they also had the same thing for $20 - $30 cheaper on their own website. Nothing like getting an extra $20+ out of your loyal customers for just a little bit of deception. They are tagged in this post, so I invite them to explain why they continue to charge that addition $20 just for calling it a "Destruction" light kit.

If anyone has any questions about my light kits, or anyone else's, feel free to contact me and ask. I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. I am selling MY products that I thought up and designed, and I am darn proud of them. I keep an eye on the folks copying my products, so I usually have a pretty good idea what they have on offer also and what they are up to. I will be open and honest with you and not try to take advantage of anyone or deceive them as others have been known to do. Believe it or not, I have been known to point people to other speaker light kits if it seems to be something different that they are looking for. If someone has something different as far as a light kit goes and it suites a person's desire better....there you go. What I don't like is people just copying what I have done with no improvements and then just banking on their customers not putting any thought into it and just buying a knock-off light kit from them because they happen to be buying one of their other 1000s of products from them. I ship at a reasonable rate, and I ship quickly...placing a separate light kit order from me will be little to no added hassle opposed to ordering it from them just because you are ordering other things from them. If there happens to be an issue (I have less than a 1% defect rate).....it will be a whole lot easier dealing with me than a "one stop shop" that is selling 1000s of different items. I am answering e-mails most evenings and weekends and won't ghost your e-mails as others are notorious for doing.

Your business and thought being put into a Speaker Light Kit purchase is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I am the best choice for what most people are looking for when it comes to Speaker Light Kits.

1 month later
#21619 48 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

My friend recommended these lights to me for my game, and I was certainly curious - until I saw the price tag. Honestly, speaker lights - regardless of how cool they look when standing in front of your game - reflect in the playfield glass if you don't have anti-glare glass and can be distracting. I have a very cool set of the Deluxe 13's from Doug and they look terrific in action, but I tend to put them in and then take them out soon after, just because I'm not keen on seeing them (courtesy of their reflections) in the upper-left and upper-right corners of my playfield.

Did you adjust the brightness on the type 13 speaker lights? You can light them up without blowing them out.

BK low key speaker lights (resized).jpgBK low key speaker lights (resized).jpg
#21818 43 days ago
Quoted from pinner11:

I canceled my order from cointaker awhile before you and received a kit from another distributor right away. I had a bunch of things ordered from cointaker and canceled them all. Usually they are good not sure what the issue was this time. It took a week just to get a response everything was canceled.

Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

I canceled with them too (UV kit and GZ backbox and speaker lights that just never shipped despite several reminders)... This was about a week ago too, but haven't gotten any chargeback yet. Had an uneventful GZ Prem order with them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quoted from beltking:

Gotta call cointaker. They are horrible at emails. Mellissa always been nice on phone but they need a better system especially for Lebowski orders.

I think someone needs to page CoinTaker here, because I think they are woefully delusional in their belief that they have good customer service. If I had a dollar for every complaint I see about CoinTaker's service....I could quit worrying about how they lied to me and ripped off my ideas and products. Seems they would be better suited taking care of their own business instead of trying to take over everyone else's, but.....gotta gotta take those coins, if you have the product to actually send or not.

PS: OreoFlapjacks if you are interested in a Speaker Light Kit, I'm pretty sure I can hook you up with one better than they could...and it will ship in 0 - 3 days.....and I actually answer the e-mails that people send me in a timely manner. When it comes to Speaker Light Kits....don't get taken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.