IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,445 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 449.
#21751 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yeah. It rips out pretty easily since it’s just some rubber/plastic material.

Is there a screw stud or anything left after you rip it off?

#21752 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yeah. It rips out pretty easily since it’s just some rubber/plastic material.

No damage to the gate? I did all pinmonks suggestions except this.

#21753 54 days ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Is there a screw stud or anything left after you rip it off?

This is what’s left.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No damage to the gate? I did all pinmonks suggestions except this.

No damage to the gate. It doesn’t take much pressure to rip the rubber material.

IMG_4290.jpegIMG_4290.jpeg
#21754 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This is what’s left.

No damage to the gate. It doesn’t take much pressure to rip the rubber material.
[quoted image]

Thx! Guess where I'm headed?

#21755 54 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You guys just ripping it out with pliers?

It's really not that hard to remove it without destroying it. I made a post on it.

#21756 54 days ago

DarkStar9 Durability Update (c. 100 Balls):

Ball strikes have left a discreet horizontal band across the bank and a bit of minor disintegration at the edges of a few faces. Still, the image projected on them looks as it did when the material was new.

Note: I enjoy banging away at those drops during MB’s because I think all the violent airballs reflected back at me is a big part of the fun of this layout, so my target faces are definitely getting a workout.

IMG_3052 (resized).jpegIMG_3052 (resized).jpegIMG_3053 (resized).jpegIMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
#21757 54 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's really not that hard to remove it without destroying it. I made a post on it.

You did author a great post on it. Thanks for taking the time!
I actually found it *after* I took mine out, so I missed some valuable help.

#21758 54 days ago

I have a first run pro and my chin spacer wasn’t rubber but a metal mini post thing. I was able to unscrew it by hand a little and then use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab and hold the screw in the little opening and unscrew it all the way out without needing to destroy or take anything apart. I guess they changed that with the newest run.

#21759 54 days ago

Demo Tinkering Follow-up:

I just want to report that removing the chin spacer that is affixed to the gate below the Demo sculpt has had an undesirable consequence: a ball trap.

I believe the trap appeared because, with the bumper gone, I used the grub screw to pitch the Demo forward, creating a new vertex where the base of the sculpt meets the roll-off plastic. The result is a ball will sometimes settle at the base of the sculpt and *not* roll away to the right. I may have to pull the Demo again and this time remove the spacers, then return the grub screw to the start position. Not happy about that!

#21760 54 days ago

I wonder if Jakers method will be a good in-between? About half of the chin rest still there,,

#21761 54 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

DarkStar9 Durability Update (c. 100 Balls):
Ball strikes have left a discreet horizontal band across the bank and a bit of minor disintegration at the edges of a few faces. Still, the image projected on them looks as it did when the material was new.
Note: I enjoy banging away at those drops during MB’s because I think all the violent airballs reflected back at me is a big part of the fun of this layout, so my target faces are definitely getting a workout.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm..... That doesn't look like dark star 9/star bright 9 at all....... Are you sure you have the right material there?

Your earlier review post seems to make sense now... I don't think the material you have is what you think you have

#21762 54 days ago

Target-Decal Adhesion Follow-up:

I opted to skip the glue as I wanted something less permanent.

A long-time 3M adhesive salesman recommended 3M 4910 double-sided tape, which is a tad thick and elastic, making it slightly challenging to cut neatly into a little rectangle with scissors.

It’s holding well after a few games.

IMG_3050 (resized).jpegIMG_3050 (resized).jpegIMG_3051 (resized).jpegIMG_3051 (resized).jpeg
#21763 54 days ago

I just want to report that removing the chin spacer that is affixed to the gate below the Demo sculpt has had an undesirable consequence: a ball trap.
I believe the trap appeared because, with the bumper gone, I used the grub screw to pitch the Demo forward, creating a new vertex where the base of the sculpt meets the roll-off plastic. The result is a ball will sometimes settle at the base of the sculpt and *not* roll away to the right. I may have to pull the Demo again and this time remove the spacers, then return the grub screw to the start position. Not happy about that!

I had the same and fixed it by applying a small piece of adhesive felt to the top of the plastic on the left side of the demogorgon. The felt is not very thick but enough to tilt back the demo enough to prevent the ball trap on the right side.

IMG_1571 (resized).jpegIMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
#21764 54 days ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Hmm..... That doesn't look like dark star 9/star bright 9 at all....... Are you sure you have the right material there?

I bought three sample sheets of DarkStar from Elite Screens in Garden Grove, CA, after reading Medisinyl's post on the upgrade. DarkStar is now called StarBright 9. I agree that the material looks paler in my photos than it looks in person. It's fairly dark grey.

IMG_3054 (resized).jpegIMG_3054 (resized).jpeg
#21765 54 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I had the same and fixed it by applying a small piece of adhesive felt to the top of the plastic on the left side of the demogorgon.

Thanks for the idea. Really, my Demo is still too high, so I may have to remove him and those spacers after all. Maybe at that point I won't have to pitch him forward and the trap will go away.

#21766 54 days ago

Star bright 9. And I'll be honest. Mine have taken a lot of abuse and I've cleaned them with a wet paper towel and they look great. This particular material is pretty tough.

20240304_194358 (resized).jpg20240304_194358 (resized).jpg20240304_194407 (resized).jpg20240304_194407 (resized).jpg20240304_194518 (resized).jpg20240304_194518 (resized).jpg

#21767 54 days ago

Those pics of Starbright 9 don't look anything like Darkstar 9, not at all. Darkstar has a micro-lense layer on the front to reject off-axis ambient light. It will look bright silver straight on, then fade to a dull black as you look at it from progressively larger angles.

#21768 54 days ago

I bought three sample sheets of DarkStar from Elite Screens in Garden Grove, CA, after reading Medisinyl's post on the upgrade. DarkStar is now called StarBright 9. I agree that the material looks paler in my photos than it looks in person. It's fairly dark grey.[quoted image]

Looks like you may have received the wrong material.. looks like some other material like StarBright CLR or CLR. StarBright9 has nearly zero texture(like feeling a piece of window tint), and zero visible 'ribs'.

1st pic below shot looks like the material you got (at the bottom) 2nd photo are what the sample of SB9 I received look like.
20240304_174220 (resized).jpg20240304_174220 (resized).jpg20240304_174407 (resized).jpg20240304_174407 (resized).jpg

#21769 54 days ago

This was discussed extensively earlier in this thread. The recommendation is to pitch the DG forward with the adjustment screw to the point that ball just clears the lower right petal.

#21770 54 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Those pics of Starbright 9 don't look anything like Darkstar 9, not at all. Darkstar has a micro-lense layer on the front to reject off-axis ambient light. It will look bright silver straight on, then fade to a dull black as you look at it from progressively larger angles.

Yea...I noticed that on you close ups. This is definitely directional but it in a different way. Held against the light it's almost dark dark grey.

IMG_20240304_195221 (resized).jpgIMG_20240304_195221 (resized).jpg
#21771 54 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Yea...I noticed that on you close ups. This is definitely directional but it in a different way. Held against the light it's almost dark dark grey.
[quoted image]

He meant Jason's, which indeed look wrong, and are taking far more damage than my Darkstar, which is nearly flawless after over 1000 games.
Real Starbright is the same material, as confirmed by Elite.

#21772 54 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

He meant Jason's, which indeed look wrong, and are taking far more damage than my Darkstar, which is nearly flawless after over 1000 games.
Real Starbright is the same material, as confirmed by Elite.

Ok...I see the confusion. That said again mine have taken a real beating and look great. We have the same material they just changed the name.

#21773 54 days ago

Anyone else still waiting on accessories from cointaker? I paid in full for a topper, shooter, side blades, and UV kit in late January and can't even get a status update from then. I need to know if it's just me before taking further action. I got the email blast from Stern today they were in stock and available direct.

#21774 54 days ago

Lower-right Demo “Leaf” Creates Ball Trap:

With the chin bumper gone, the Demo can trap balls more easily. That’s unfortunate as it was difficult to get it out of there.

IMG_3056 (resized).jpegIMG_3056 (resized).jpeg
#21775 54 days ago

Lower-right Demo “Leaf” Creates Ball Trap:
With the chin bumper gone, the Demo can trap balls more easily. That’s unfortunate as it was difficult to get it out of there.
[quoted image]

I took a hair dryer to that petal and bent it upwards and held it in place until it cooled

#21776 54 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Been adjusting on our premium, could not make left orbit return to left flipper without hitting sling. The ball guide on mine has no slots to adjust, so a piece of mylar made it perfect. Not 1 hit to sling, no matter how fast or slow, always hits flipper in the middle now.
[quoted image]

One thing I’ve been noting is when the ball is released from the mystery area, the post seems to pop up so quickly that it makes the ball bounce around on the return. Is there a setting to keep that down longer?

Quoted from Svenop:

I took a hair dryer to that petal and bent it upwards and held it in place until it cooled

This was my thought. Did you bend it “up” or “forward” (easier?)

#21777 54 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone else still waiting on accessories from cointaker? I paid in full for a topper, shooter, side blades, and UV kit in late January and can't even get a status update from then. I need to know if it's just me before taking further action. I got the email blast from Stern today they were in stock and available direct.

No word on my uv kit from CT. I ordered it elsewhere and done installed it already. Reminds me I need to try to cancel

#21778 54 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

One thing I’ve been noting is when the ball is released from the mystery area, the post seems to pop up so quickly that it makes the ball bounce around on the return. Is there a setting to keep that down longer?

This was my thought. Did you bend it “up” or “forward” (easier?)

I haven't had that issue,,,,,,yet

#21779 54 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

No word on my uv kit from CT. I ordered it elsewhere and done installed it already. Reminds me I need to try to cancel

Was talking about distributors at our last league night. Consensus was, never order from Cointaker. They’ve got a bad reputation but still seem to do a lot of business. Wonder if they’re mostly selling to first timers?

#21780 54 days ago

I haven't gotten my UV kit from CoinTaker yet either.

Chris

#21781 54 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

Same. I ordered the shooter rod and the UV kit at the same time. They shipped the shooter rod but no UV kit

#21782 54 days ago

“Run, Will!” Demo Mode Confusion:

In this MB Demo mode, the ramp is almost continuously raised and lowered, forcing me to trap up and then wait for a chance for a kill shot. If I don’t trap and just flail instead, the poor ramp’s leading edge gets jammed often by random shots up the middle.
Is the continuous ramp action coded into this mode or do I have a confused switch?
Thanks.

#21783 54 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’m waiting on a kit from CT, too.
She said only that the kits are “on the way.”
Not super helpful.

#21784 54 days ago

In this MB Demo mode, the ramp is almost continuously raised and lowered, forcing me to trap up and then wait for a chance for a kill shot. If I don’t trap and just flail instead, the poor ramp’s leading edge gets jammed often by random shots up the middle.
Is the continuous ramp action coded into this mode or do I have a confused switch?
Thanks.

That is the expected behavior:

Run Will!: 4-ball multiball. Phase one, shot the Demogorgon during the hurry-up to lock in the jackpot value. Phase two, all the drops are lit for jackpots. Collect those to light the Demogorgon for a Super Jackpot hurry-up worth the total collected jackpot values; however, the ramp leading up to the Demogorgon will lower and raise every second or two. Collect the Super Jackpot to start the jackpot phase again and work towards another Super Jackpot hurry-up.

#21785 54 days ago

Thanks.

Yes it’s part of the mode.

#21786 54 days ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

That is the expected behavior:
Run Will!: 4-ball multiball. Phase one, shot the Demogorgon during the hurry-up to lock in the jackpot value. Phase two, all the drops are lit for jackpots. Collect those to light the Demogorgon for a Super Jackpot hurry-up worth the total collected jackpot values; however, the ramp leading up to the Demogorgon will lower and raise every second or two. Collect the Super Jackpot to start the jackpot phase again and work towards another Super Jackpot hurry-up.

Thank you!
That does indeed sound quite difficult.

#21787 54 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes it’s part of the mode.

Thank you.
It makes me want to buy a spare Demo ramp, as eventually that integrated flap will get dinged enough to damage the playfield with each touchdown.

#21788 54 days ago

Thank you.
It makes me want to buy a spare Demo ramp, as eventually that integrated flap will get dinged enough to damage the playfield with each touchdown.

I’m sure there’s lots of games with thousands of plays. No need to be hypothetical. Are people seeing this from the initial run?

#21789 54 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m sure there’s lots of games with thousands of plays. No need to be hypothetical. Are people seeing this from the initial run?

Several thousand plays here. A few dings in the ramp edge. No playfield damage. No protection beyond the standard mylar.

#21790 54 days ago

Thank you.

Quoted from paynemic:

Quoted from mattosborn:

Several thousand plays here. A few dings in the ramp edge. No playfield damage. No protection beyond the standard mylar.

Mine has a couple layers of mylar and its needed to be replaced, and dings in the ramp flap (or one spot in particular) has indeed cut through the mylar and affected the playfield in a minor way (have seen it on routed games for sale here as well, but not likely common if the mylar is watched, but it can happen).

#21791 53 days ago

Thanks.

Thanks for asking this question. I hit that mode for the first time a couple days ago and I thought my ramp was jacked up..lol

#21792 53 days ago

For a home game, just play the mode slowly. I think the mode has. Setting too so that the ramp doesn’t go up and down as much. Double check me there.

#21793 53 days ago

Target Decal Adhesion Woes:
What glue type do you suggest in this case?
I have:
1. Two-part epoxy
2. Two-sided tape (two different brands)
3. Clear silicone bathroom caulk
Frustratingly, I used two of the replacement “leveler” decals from the goodie bag already and they have already fallen off.
I bought a complete set of decals from PBL, but as far as I know it doesn’t include the leveler layer, just the face, so I will have to reuse the leveler.
[quoted image]

I used a tiny dob of super glue on my target that fell off. Been rock solid since.

#21794 53 days ago

Quoted from jackd104:

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

Finally at least got a response back from Cointaker that they expect them "any day" after my last emails were ignored (bi-weekly so as not to harass). Learning quite a bit about service quality here for future purchases...

#21795 53 days ago

Just installed my uv kit on my premium. I decided to shelf my IC unit. Who sells the light mod the lights up the right side of apron?

#21796 53 days ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Just installed my uv kit on my premium. I decided to shelf my IC unit. Who sells the light mod the lights up the right side of apron?

Lermods, just installed mine. Wish I remembered to do it while I had apron off the first time. Super easy install and looks great.

#21797 53 days ago

I put the stock rule card over the ic hole and printed this one from the custom apron card thread for the left side.

a8893cdfe0a9e3bcc0ced74fe9654666d7a29d75 (resized).jpga8893cdfe0a9e3bcc0ced74fe9654666d7a29d75 (resized).jpg
#21798 53 days ago

Finally at least got a response back from Cointaker that they expect them "any day" after my last emails were ignored (bi-weekly so as not to harass). Learning quite a bit about service quality here for future purchases...

All right, the owner got in contact with me. I still cancelled my order, but may still do business with them in the future as they reached out to try and make things right.

#21799 53 days ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I'm seeing a fair number of hard shots under the demogorgan (like to start a dg battle) that seem to bounce straight over to the mystery saucer, and never register the initial shot. Is there a known fix or adjustment that can help this?

I just started seeing this recently on my 2019 Pro also. Very frustrating making a clean shot on the red arrow only to have it not register.

#21800 53 days ago

So I just installed my UV kit on my premium. A few things, looks like they're sending out two versions. I got the version where the scanner is located in the right pricing card area and is turned sideways. I LOVE THIS. I wish every game came this way! The premiums light up the arch artwork, with insider the right one is unlit due to the scanner being there and always looked off to me. Unfortunately stern did not include a new insider/pricing card with a cutout nor did they include a light to light up the right arch artwork now. After a call, service department thought a new card was supposed to be included but wasn’t sure about the light. The game NEEDS that light now, it looks extra strange with one lit and one not lit. So far SUPER happy with the new location, waiting on the final word from stern. Also as someone else mentioned, go into features and turn on ‘UV kit installed’.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,445 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/436 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.