IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soundkillr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15904 1 year ago

I finally scored a stranger things premium. This game is so cool. The uv kit and projector are awesome. What a fun game. I paid dearly...but it was worth it. Damn shame this game is such a sleeper. So excited.

#15927 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

don't forget that it launched with (even for $tern) extremely meager code and right before covid. the game's value is lightning in a bottle, it'd be difficult to recreate

This...I know several people didn't like it when it came out. I'll never listen to anyone on pinside again...lol. I could have bought a premium for half of what I paid for mine.
I spoke with stern about the game...and they told me its done...and will stay done...but who knows. I know its awesome with the projector uv kit and ball lock...and the Cleland mods and videos are awesome. And yes...I paid 14k for mine. I had several slip through my fingers...they sold fast...so I made the best with what I could get and pulled the trigger on a low play premium. Love the game!

#15951 1 year ago

Got my starbright9 material in on Friday. Spent some of the weekend installing it on stand ups and drop down targets as well as the screen billboard and spinner....if anyone is interested to see the end results...I have two videos below. One shows it with the screens off as well...because I know some people would like to see what it looks like off. My next step is to do the ramps....

#15953 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Looks sweet. Just got my screen material a couple weeks ago. I ordered the adhesive backing someone recommended from Amazon. I assume u did that as well?

I did. Once you figure out how to put the backer material on without errors...you're good to go. There is a process for sure. Once done...IMHO it looks much better than the white material. I highly recommend a simple Amazon slide cutting board.....all my cuts ended up perfectly clean and square.

#15957 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nice job! I am waiting for someone to start selling this cut to fit. Anyone want to take on that project?

I thought about looking into that...just not sure if there would be enough interest.

There is an awesome thread about the brightstar material. Another member here came up with the idea...and I just followed the thread. If anyone is interested in how to apply the adhesive to the back...and correctly apply them I can do a simple video....

#15958 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

This looks way better.. Where is the link for the material? Also, did you place it on the drops and everywhere else?

Quoted from barakawins:

This looks way better.. Where is the link for the material? Also, did you place it on the drops and everywhere else?

The link is https://shop.elitescreens.com/

So far all I have done is the drop targets..stand ups...spinner...billboard and main screen. My plan is to do the ramps faces and leave the others in factory material. There is no real gain to be had by adding the new material due to the extreme reverse viewing angle of the material.

#15960 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Thanks for the link. What is the actual product to purchase for the screens?

Search starbright9 and get 4 or 5 sample sheets....

4 is enough if you're not gonna make mistakes....5 is enough for plenty of extra future material and practice...

#15972 1 year ago

Premium...purchased a few weeks ago. 600 or so plays...paid 14k.
Unfortunately for buyers...prices are on the rise...and are selling. I was in the market a while and missed out on a few of them.
I don't think any pinball machine is worth over 10k yet here we are. And ill be honest...I absolutely love this game and all the features. I also like that its rare and retired...

1 week later
#16014 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Anyone selling an LE? Looking to buy even at Pinside prices

Yes there are i believe 2 le's listed in marketplace currently.

#16015 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Yes there are i believe 2 le's listed in marketplace currently.

Nope...I'm wrong...both those le machines already sold. Damn...that was fast. And expensive...I think there is a premium still for 16k ....in my opinion just as good as the le and I believe produced in fewer numbers than the le but I may be wrong.

1 week later
#16100 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Guess I need another person to lift the back of the play field to get to the back left underside nut lol. They don't make it easy.

Just use a 3ft 2x4
Lift the back if the playfield and put the board between the rear handle and the bottom of the cabinet. It will hold it as long as you want....

20220917_090611 (resized).jpg20220917_090611 (resized).jpg20220917_090618 (resized).jpg20220917_090618 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#16143 1 year ago

Has anyone successfully gotten more power out of the right flipper? My tk lock works almost all the time...the only time it fails is when a slower moving ball runs up the ramp...the lock activates.. and I can see the ball move up the arm...then the arm drops....and so does the ball. I wish the software would allow for more time on the arm to stay up. However...if I can add slightly more power on the ball from the right flipper....I'll never have the issue again.....or if anyone can tell me a way to extend the arm extension time...or the force at which it pulses up that would be great! From what I've been told...the tk power adjustment in software was never completed so tk power adjustments in settings are useless.
Wish they were coded in. I can guarantee if I could up the tk lock arm power...it would sling a slow ball to the magnet. Also...all adjustments have been made to the lock solenoid and ramp as well as the ramp cover.. this is simply a slow ball issue...Thoughts?

#16146 1 year ago

turn the magnet power up?

Its not an electromagnet. Its a solid magnet that stays in place at all times....and has a solenoid that pulls the magnet off the wall when its time to drop the balls. Otherwise...great idea. That would probably also have done it.

Ramps are waxed...this issue just needs a little more power on the ball...

#16156 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Please help! Got this back from repairer today for something else and they said they fiddled with drop targets as they didn't think they were resetting properly and now this is happening and this has never happened. Still continues when I turn off and on..any tips would be appreciated. Did a coil test and they pop up and down fine

If i had to guess....and it's just a guess...I would start looking for a shorted ground that may be putting it in a reset loop. Make sure switches are not bent or grounded out...

#16207 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like the glare is from the topper, not the backglass. Not sure what to suggest there. I never had the topper on mine. But non glare glass should help it a lot. Might not completely eliminate it though.

I have the magic glass on mine (with topper) and there is almost no glare at all. Fwiw.

#16220 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It is odd but doubtful IMO. Most dealers get emails from Stern about what is coming out and production, this is the first I am hearing anything about this. Stern can't even keep up with current production when it comes to games, it is doubtful they will put this one back on the line IMO but stranger things have happened.
HAH! Get it?

Agreed. I think you have seen the end of production for stranger things.

#16223 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Says everyone on this thread who paid $13-14K for a Premium and is sweating that another run at MSRP.

Lol..I couldn't care less. But nice unnecessary jab anyway. I paid what I paid because I could. I am not going to worry about losing a few bucks over a game. I'm just telling you....everything I've been told is there is no way its going to happen. Sorry.

#16225 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm not advocating whether it is or isn't, but a major proportion of this hobby is fueled by FOMO. Hence, the ridiculous price inflation and the hoards willing to hand over their money.

Of course it is. And several titles have doubled in value because of it. If that's what they sell for then thats what they are worth. No point in poking someone with a jab about resale value. No one is concerned about making money. And ill be honest...if stern did release stranger things it would be based on 2023 prices. And let's face it....a premium would be well into 13k after taxes and certainly more with shipping.

#16267 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I personally don’t buy into this whole “it’s only relevant now” argument. We have only watched up to series 3 when it first came out. So that was years ago. To me it’s not just based on a great series, it’s the whole 80s theme and teenage kids, supernatural and D&D. Bullshit mode the whole lot. Super fast brutal flow. How many people who own twilight zone watched the old series, how many people have watched the shadow? It’s an awesome pin, I don’t think it’s going to be forgotten when the series ends.

Couldn't agree more. One of the reasons I don't worry about demand. To be honest...I think demand will always be there. I think the series has cemented itself in modern culture....and will be relevant for years to come. Not that it matters in my case....my wife and kids would kill me if I ever sold it. They love it almost as much as I do.

#16389 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

I have some new information regarding the M4 projector (the replacement for the s6000 projector on Stranger Things.) In fact the M4 does work when connected to a Stern Premium. All i did was turn the M4 projector on, and connect the HDMI cable to the Stern computer in the backbox. And it sure does project the images just fine. Here's a test pic, with me holding the M4 projector:
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4_2.jpg
So can the M4 be used as a replacement for the s6000? well yes, if you're in a pinch. It's not a perfect replacement though. For example, the M4 has a battery inside (it will run for about 2 hours without a power adaptor.) If you want to use the M4 in the Stern pinball, you have to cut the red battery lead, so the battery is disconnected. This way the unit powers up when it's plugged in, and obviously powers down when power is removed.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4_5.jpg
But there's more issues. For example, the M4 is not the same size as the s6000. And the projector lens is player side left, instead of player side right. These are no impossible things to overcome, but they make the M4 *not* a perfect bolt in replacement.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4_3.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4_4.jpg
Also the HDMI port is different on the M4. The s6000 uses a small HDMI port, where the M4 uses the larger size HDMI port. Not a big deal, but you would have to replace the 6 foot extensions HDMI cable that Stern uses with the s6000 projector. The bigger problem is the projector mounting brackets and the lens position. Again, none of these issue are insurmountable. But they sure are inconvenient.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/s6000_1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/s6000_2.jpg
The last things I wanted to tackle was using the M4 on a Stern Stranger Things Pro (loaded with Premium software.) The game will play like this, but unfortunately, the Stern software blocks the HDMI premium video signal to the projector. So you get a blank image (not a missing image, but a blank image.) If there was some way to trick the pro into thinking it was a premium, the M4 could be the solution to making a Pro version act like a Premium with a projector. But unfortunately I don't know how the game knows if it's a pro or premium. I'm thinking it may be the node boards that determine this, but i'm unsure.

I had posted a while back that I believed this was possible. Glad you proved it. Like I said in that post...I'm not worried about a projector. I'm like you.. I can make something work if I have too. As a matter of fact...the projector you have as a backup is one I was planning on buying just to put the issue to rest. Glad you posted that. Is the install easy? No...but it all looks like issues that could be overcome.
Btw...with the size issue....would it be possible to take the m4 internals and fit them into the oe case? If easy enough that would help cut a step in mounting it....

4 weeks later
#16642 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

When someone figures out that, the price of le and premium will drop

No it won't.

#16652 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

at this point with oem stern projector available at 600.00 does anyone really care about boards and blah blah blah. If you bought or own a 12-18k le or premium,you should be able to afford 600.00 insurance . The only way all the new stern projectors for sale right now would dry up and be in even more demand is when someone figures out how to use one in a pro.

Agreed. I bought a spare just because... But I'll be honest with you... I'll bet you a doughnut I'll never even use it. This fear of projectors in my honest opinion is completely unjustified. Once supply of spare dries up... And someone panics... I'll sell mine for 1k lol...

#16670 1 year ago

that literally has nothing to do with it to me, at least. pretty sure we can be reasonably assured they're not making more LEs

Agreed... And I'm really tired of the entire "premium owners are worried about their value" crap. I'm of the belief they won't make more because everyone at Stern said they won't. And if they do... Let's face it... A premium at today's prices will be 15k anyway.. So why would I care? They made tons of Adam's family no value loss there. Same with a big Lebowski remake. You won't see a drop in the value of that game either.

#16676 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You have no idea what it would cost to renew the license. All that is clear is that you think your opinions are the same as facts. There is a difference.

When did everyone at Stern say they won't make more, ever? I must've missed that.

Even with the price jump you are 5k too high.

If they vaulted TAF, existing TAF values would drop. Just like MMr and AFMr and MBr caused drops in the prices of the originals. Supply increases, prices drop. You think people would be getting $14k for a Stranger Things Premium if a new one was available for $9800?
In any case, sorry to clutter up the thread. I hope they make more so more people get a chance to own one (myself included). If they never do, so be it.

I've talked with several vendors. Several. All said the same thing. I talked with reps at Stern. All said it's done. It's retired. I'm not off on the current prices either... Most of the newer premiums in a few years time will be 14-15 once all is said and done. They will be increasing prices yearly unless supply chains and manufacturing changes. No premium will be 9800...it wouldn't happen. If Adam's was vaulted... Prices wouldn't drop. Briefly maybe... But not long term. A quick search of the remakes you listed shows none of those games are suffering in value. They have all held up values and very well I might add. There will always be a desire for a first run original. And honestly I really don't care if you agree with me or not. Prices are on the rise from Stern because they are getting it.

#16703 1 year ago

I just got back from the stranger things experience in Atlanta. It was awesome BTW. They had a pro on display... And it has seen better days. The left flipper was locked up most of the time, and the playfield roached...but the good news is the cabinet decals can apparently handle quite alot of abuse. Sorry for the poor images but the lighting in there was bad.
This game was set to free play and has been well abused... Lol.

20221112_130813 (resized).jpg20221112_130813 (resized).jpg20221112_131056 (resized).jpg20221112_131056 (resized).jpg20221112_132519 (resized).jpg20221112_132519 (resized).jpg20221112_132522 (resized).jpg20221112_132522 (resized).jpg20221112_132530 (resized).jpg20221112_132530 (resized).jpg20221112_133131 (resized).jpg20221112_133131 (resized).jpg20221112_133200 (resized).jpg20221112_133200 (resized).jpg20221112_133202 (resized).jpg20221112_133202 (resized).jpg
#16710 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Wow the left scoop is pretty trashed
How bad was the dimpling in the centre where the ramp comes down?

At that point the entire playfield was so dimpled that it all evened out and wasn't very obvious.

#16712 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'll bet it's the one that was at the Experience when it was in NY .. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pro-on-freeplay-at-stranger-things-the-experience-nyc#post-6970466
I know they've got multiple locations simultaneously, but I don't think there was one at the San Francisco location, unless somebody can correct me on that .

It could very well be. Although I can see from your pics.. If it is the same game... The shooter lane aged very badly since that was taken. I'll bet it's the same game....

1 week later
#16759 1 year ago

I played a premium with a projector and tk lock, and had to have one. The projector and ball lock was just that cool. The wow factor is always there. Either way, pro or premium it's still a good game.

1 week later
#16818 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Going to put a few cup holders in my gameroom. Any creative people come up with a cool idea for a fitting cup holder? Only one I saw on here was a one with a Welcome to Hawkins sticker.

Make it look like the 85 "new" coke cans.

New_Coke_Resized (resized).jpgNew_Coke_Resized (resized).jpg
1 week later
#16896 1 year ago

yeah what blizz said, also, yes, i do think there are optos that tell the game how many balls are locked on the magnet

There are. And they can tell the balls location on the magnet.

1 month later
#17097 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am quite sure it is off, because else it would have triggered and plunged when I have troubleshooted and let it sit here in the plunger lane for 10 minutes without plunging. At least it would be consistent. but I will double check asap, just for the sake of facts.

Do you have any tech alerts? Like maybe a sticking out lane switch, that once the ball is released the game thinks one drained so it auto plunges what's already in the shooter lane?

3 weeks later
#17187 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I haven't listened to the Gomez interview where they talked about it yet but how likely do we think it is that Stern will do another run of Stranger Things Premium next year? If they do, would you expect built-in UV and an updated TK lock to be part of it? What would you expect it to cost?
Just working on my long-term pinball room plans, thanks

Sigh.... Very unlikely. But I anxiously await those who will say that premium and le owners are just mad... Worried about values... And that is why they say no. I also anxiously await those who claim to have sold because they are scared of a projector failing, that has a very very small failure rate, and bitching about a tk lock. Funny... I have no issues with my game. I don't care about value, and I certainly am not worried about a damn projector. This discussion has been brought up a million times... Argued about even more. I say it's not going to happen. Same statement most seem to have. Start planning to buy used. And one more time for the record... Anyone buying a (new) premium or le with increasing prices... After tax and shipping, will be paying the 14k plus that used games are going for anyway.

#17192 1 year ago

Today I added a set of flaming speaker lights. I really like the way they look on this game!!

#17195 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Here's a picture. Do you think this is the premium ramp? I was thinking a piece of mylar as well. Thanks.[quoted image]

That is a premium ramp. I see the cut out for the tk lock diverter.

#17233 1 year ago

So here is mine. I created a smaller section for the entire inner edge of the saucer. I also created a full cut piece for the saucer trough and a section near the E because wear can happen there as well. I was very care and did a wet install.... And it's almost impossible to see the lines. You have to zoom in. I install vinyl from time to time for a living... So happy to give advice if anyone is looking for it. You should be able to see the lines if you zoom in...

20230216_191545 (resized).jpg20230216_191545 (resized).jpg20230216_191556 (resized).jpg20230216_191556 (resized).jpg20230216_191605 (resized).jpg20230216_191605 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#17341 1 year ago

Quoted from blizz81:The same people that freak out if Stern does something like posts a picture of Millie Bobby Brown on her birthday are probably hard at work on a Shazam Stern hype thread right now
[quoted image]

1 month later
#17558 11 months ago
Quoted from JackG:

The top binocular insert light always stays lit on this pro. Anyone know how to fix this?
[quoted image]

From what I understand it's usually just a node board acting up. I've heard of several of these games doing the same thing.

3 weeks later
#17586 11 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Chonky saucer lane at 500 plays. Gonna have to get some Mylar or sumpin in there zippy zap.
Bound to happen…the sides are just too thin and probably vibrating against the metal and/or catching on the metal.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure this is just the way they look. I don't think the saucer tray was sanded before clearing. Every one I've seen looks like that.

#17588 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Ahh.. we are seeing the top of the next layer of plywood.

Probably a very accurate statement!

#17608 10 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Anyone ever remove the decal from the center ramp and reuse it? Have a new ramp but no decal and wondering if it’s even possible to get off and reuse. I’ve read a few other posts about doing this but none for Sth. Thanks for any advice! Or better yet anyone have a decal for sale let me know!

I have but it was on a premium. Assuming its the same material thickness...it can be done. Just work slowly and use a hair dryer. Note...I did not because I didn't care. I was using the decal as a template anyway...but it turned out fine, and I stuck it on a sheet of wax paper to use later if I need to.

2 months later
#17830 8 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Well the writing is on the wall now. With the 30th anniversary edition of Jurassic Park LE being announced, I now anticipate Stern is going to pull the same crap and release a new version of Stranger Things LE.
This pisses me off because I own both titles and paid a crazy premium for Stranger Things LE.

... Meh... Won't happen. Either way the original will still be the original. A re run is just that. Not original. I honestly don't think it will happen... And even if it does... I believe it will be a pro model re release. So... No love lost.

#17845 8 months ago
Quoted from MRG:

Let's start seeing Le's for sale at 12K since we know there is going to be another run of Le's coming at 13K.

Says who? All I've seen is pure speculation.

#17849 8 months ago

but Gomez smirked that one time or something

That's true... And I heard if you play the audio backwards... It's happening before the end of the year.

3 months later
#18653 5 months ago

They may have elongated the mouth but everything else looks the same

1 week later
#18825 4 months ago
Quoted from gnjax:

The malfunction happens during the initial power-up though, i think the fact that the magnet isn't releasing during a game is that the whole magnet function is de-activated due to it failing during the boot sequence. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm still gonna test them for good measure

The magnet is mechanical. If the solenoid shuts off the magnet rests against the backboard and is always active. That may or may not answer your question.

3 weeks later
#19606 4 months ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

I recommend the playfield protector for anyone that wants to avoid the dimples on the filed. I put mine in as soon as the game got here. Takes about 2-3 hours
[quoted image]

It will slow dimples but they will still show up eventually

1 month later
#20909 88 days ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

So on the new premiums the balls always lock on Elevens hand vs suspended away from her hand and in a chain vs the triangle?

Exactly. Cough cough.

1 month later
#21641 54 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My TK lock has been working perfectly with no issues since I did a couple of the mods I posted about earlier. IMHO, the root-cause of TK lock issues is too-much play (eg, floppiness) in the mechanism. This can be corrected if you're so inclined. FYI.

Agreed. I have an older run and mine is perfect. It takes some mechanical knowledge and desire to make it perfect but it can be done. I can see issues with the new design as well...but I can also see ways to fix that.

#21644 54 days ago

The pro and premium are completely different games. The projector and lock make the game. The wow factor is incredible. It's the difference between drinking warm flat beer and cold fresh beer. I played both and after the premium it was clear. I would rather have a a broken premium than a working pro. It's just that much of a difference.

#21648 54 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It ain't all that..lol Trust me, played plenty of both.

Then fortunately for you other games exist. Stick with a pro if that's what you like. But in a room full of people the premium will draw them in. The initial aggravation of getting the game right was nothing for me. I do it with all my games so no skin off my neck. Fwiw once any home use game is dialed in correctly (and sometimes that means reengineering some things) it will rarely need anything other than cleaning.

#21650 54 days ago
Quoted from Soulless:

Certainly do not care about their arrangement as long as they are all there
Yeah the mods you posted along with drilling the ramp, seems like a lot of work for a brand new game on a "new""fixed" TK lock :/ Looking at it and messing with it as much as I have had to on my current one, I do not think the moving of the magnet closer to the ramp entrance was very smart. The amount of rejects down the ramp entrance, or when it drops 2 sending one down the ramp and another down the entrance. Never happened on my original ST premium, which I was able to get working perfectly. It is an expensive dice roll lol

I agree to most points. I have several machines and all of them have needed fixes that I'm sure engineers knew would be an issue for an assembly line game because there is simply no way to fine tune everything. They just want to get it close and out the door in most cases. What works on one game may not fully work in another. I just accepted that if a failed shot was going to bother me ....it meant I was going to spend my time on it until it's fixed. And yes...on the new run they moved the lock mech closer in hopes to use the balls kinetic energy to help make that ramp. I didn't like that as a "fix"
You should have seen me fix the catapult on a Houdini machine. It was hours and redesigning and reshaping things but now it's at 100% accuracy and it's still on the original power supply that is prone to power fluctuations off the supply line based on power demands.
You need to have the desire to make things bullit proof but in most respects it can always be done. If you're not that type of person then (in this games case) turn off the tk lock or go with a pro.

#21676 53 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Stranger Things is probably the one example out of Stern where the Pro and Premium game play is identical. Guardians was close to identical but the Pro is missing the spinners.
I've owned both. My Premium TK lock never could get dialed in fully and I spent hours and hours and hours trying to get it. I think maybe twice ever it locked all 3 balls successfully. WHICH, by the way, is really cool when it works. If it was a reliable mech i'd agree the premium is the way to go. But after sooooo many failed locks with roll backs SDTM from the ramp I was done.
The projector is cool for about the first dozen games, then it's meh and in 10 years when they are all fried.....well, those will be ugly games with white stickers.
Pro plays 100% same and works perfectly. So. Pro if you want to play. Premium if you want to tinker.
I've had both. I've played both A LOT. Pro is the way to go. But, you do you.

Completely disagree. But I'll agree you do you. White stickers? Oh no! Btw I got rid of those on day one and did dark star...not that I'm paying attention to white stickers when a game is off anyway. Here's my older run and 3 ball lock configuration. In ten years I can assure you my projector will be fine. That's just another straw hat argument pro guys use. But keep telling people to get a pro.
20240301_155222 (resized).jpg20240301_155222 (resized).jpg

#21679 53 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

More like premium guys trying to justify their purchases. I saved lots of money and less headaches. Win win for me.

Lol...good for you?

#21701 53 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

This gif made me laugh. You can absolutely see the frustration. Lol. Sorry that happened man. Don't feel bad...one time I was doing play field work on a machine that required play field removal. The wires weren't harness keyed, and despite marking them I still managed to send 48v down a 5v line and blew everything on it. Optos, servos every RGB light in the game...you name it. 1600 later and I'm sure I won't make that mistake again.

#21766 51 days ago

Star bright 9. And I'll be honest. Mine have taken a lot of abuse and I've cleaned them with a wet paper towel and they look great. This particular material is pretty tough.

20240304_194358 (resized).jpg20240304_194358 (resized).jpg20240304_194407 (resized).jpg20240304_194407 (resized).jpg20240304_194518 (resized).jpg20240304_194518 (resized).jpg

#21770 51 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Those pics of Starbright 9 don't look anything like Darkstar 9, not at all. Darkstar has a micro-lense layer on the front to reject off-axis ambient light. It will look bright silver straight on, then fade to a dull black as you look at it from progressively larger angles.

Yea...I noticed that on you close ups. This is definitely directional but it in a different way. Held against the light it's almost dark dark grey.

IMG_20240304_195221 (resized).jpgIMG_20240304_195221 (resized).jpg
#21772 51 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

He meant Jason's, which indeed look wrong, and are taking far more damage than my Darkstar, which is nearly flawless after over 1000 games.
Real Starbright is the same material, as confirmed by Elite.

Ok...I see the confusion. That said again mine have taken a real beating and look great. We have the same material they just changed the name.

1 month later
#22359 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What? Lol..Pro much easier to hit the mouth. Do it constantly. Almost to easy on mine.

Funny... premium here and I cradle and never miss a shot. Premium is no harder to hit on than a pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soundkillr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=soundkillr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.