IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,445 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 449.
#21151 77 days ago

Woohoo! It’s here!!!

IMG_9939 (resized).jpegIMG_9939 (resized).jpegIMG_9943 (resized).jpegIMG_9943 (resized).jpegIMG_9944 (resized).jpegIMG_9944 (resized).jpegIMG_9945 (resized).jpegIMG_9945 (resized).jpeg
#21152 77 days ago

License plate checks out

#21154 77 days ago

I received my UV light kit yesterday. I got it installed today on my December run PE.

First of all, this is truly a game changer. Must have.

However during install, I needed to relocate the barcode scanner to the lower apron card area. Now there is no apron card in that area, or rather if I put a card in it covers the scanner. While I wasn't a fan of the red card urging me to do scan into Insider Connected, I'm not sure what to put in there. An
yone have any ideas?

#21155 76 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Source for Stern's UV kit for Premiums, anyone?
I realize it's a long shot, but are there any UV kits available out there to buy now, or is everyone waiting for Stern to (finally) ship this run of accessories?
Thanks.

i ordered mine from gameroom goodies, but i got on the preorder list back when they announced STh being remade. I did get a message asking me to confirm, because they are due in. good luck. hope you can find one somewhere.

#21156 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

I received my UV light kit yesterday. I got it installed today on my December run PE.
However during install, I needed to relocate the barcode scanner to the lower apron card area. Now there is no apron card in that area, or rather if I put a card in it covers the scanner. While I wasn't a fan of the red card urging me to do scan into Insider Connected, I'm not sure what to put in there. An
yone have any ideas?

Concerning revelation here. Can you do a coin door location scanner?

#21157 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

yone have any ideas?

Pics please?

#21158 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

yone have any ideas?

There’s one posted here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/272#post-6714760

#21159 76 days ago

Does anyone have instructions for removing TK ramp? I need to get into the back for some rubber replacement and I can’t figure out how to easily get that ramp out.

#21160 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

yone have any ideas?

Is this a new run premium/le uv light kit? I'm hoping to get one that allows me to put it in the bill accepter area and have a normal triangle right side art in the apron since my new run premium puts the qr scanner there too.

Can you please upload a Pic of the apron if it's one of the new kits?

#21161 76 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone have instructions for removing TK ramp? I need to get into the back for some rubber replacement and I can’t figure out how to easily get that ramp out.

Get a PF holder bracket or 3d print one. You need to remove the TK lever/arm and you need access to the back of the PF. The rest is easy

#21162 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

yone have any ideas?

I just cut a square out of the existing sticker. It kept the theme on the apron, but if you miss cut it there is no going back

pinside.78965cc6fce3adfb44abc797d4ed415427bb7d7f (resized).jpgpinside.78965cc6fce3adfb44abc797d4ed415427bb7d7f (resized).jpg
#21163 76 days ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

I just cut a square out of the existing sticker. It kept the theme on the apron, but if you miss cut it there is no going back
[quoted image]

How did you get your IC scanner to the top right? People are saying it was moved to an awkward spot on the bottom right

#21164 76 days ago

I put in the red card but you can see the light underneath. I'm pretty sure it was a new run UV kit since it had the place to put the barcode reader. Wouldn't the originals be lacking that? The instructions did not include the steps for relocating the reader but it was easy to figure out. If one were to relocate it in the coin door and place a new card there it would look great. I like the new decal in the triangle area where the barcode used to be but it's not lit up like the left side.
Apron (resized).jpegApron (resized).jpeg

#21165 76 days ago

I will be posting the official Stern Stranger Things topper and shooter rod at a discount if any one is interested pm me thanks

#21166 76 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

How did you get your IC scanner to the top right? People are saying it was moved to an awkward spot on the bottom right

There is a hole under the sticker for it, you do have to change the location of the screws on the camera so they line up to where the hinges are on the apron, but it was an easy mounting process

#21167 76 days ago

Big fan of the coin door mount + premium UV kit on the pro

CE97FE95-2801-4CBA-AF4B-3628B01FE6BC (resized).jpegCE97FE95-2801-4CBA-AF4B-3628B01FE6BC (resized).jpegEADFB896-CD18-4E62-83DD-D4928392E748 (resized).jpegEADFB896-CD18-4E62-83DD-D4928392E748 (resized).jpeg
#21168 76 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

I put in the red card but you can see the light underneath. I'm pretty sure it was a new run UV kit since it had the place to put the barcode reader. Wouldn't the originals be lacking that? The instructions did not include the steps for relocating the reader but it was easy to figure out. If one were to relocate it in the coin door and place a new card there it would look great. I like the new decal in the triangle area where the barcode used to be but it's not lit up like the left side.
[quoted image]

That is exactly how the original premium/LE looked 3 years ago. So that is cool. I will be able to easily move it to the coin door. I just need to install a bulb on the right side like they have on the left triangle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/264#post-6679845

#21169 75 days ago

Does anyone sell a card with artwork & a slit in the bottom right of the apron? I have a headphone jack kit installed in my door so I'm SOL if I can't install QR reader on the top right...

#21170 75 days ago

Someone here sells a kit which allows a coin-door mount for the QR reader along with headphone/volume control in the same location. I bought one back in the fall, just waiting on my UV kit to arrive to install.

edit: available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05707-insider-connected-qr-reader-mount-pinball-life-audio-control

#21171 75 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Get a PF holder bracket or 3d print one. You need to remove the TK lever/arm and you need access to the back of the PF. The rest is easy

That was the trick, Ty!

#21172 75 days ago

Got my new run premium a couple weeks ago. Demogorgan shots were ok at first, but now almost impossible. It keeps shooting way too low. I've adjusted the new screw all the way and messed around with flipper strength.

I remember on my original run machine removing the spacer under the demogorgan seemed to do the trick. Is this still the best method to improve demo shots? Or is there something im overlooking?

#21173 75 days ago

UV premium kits are now shipping to dealers. Marcos has them listed in stock.

#21174 75 days ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

UV premium kits are now shipping to dealers. Marcos has them listed in stock.

Looks like out of stock already.

I’m getting no response when asking my distributor.

#21175 75 days ago

Is anyone still waiting on all of their accessories? I have a preorder in for Armor, UV Kit & Shooter Rod but nothing yet. At what point should I start being concerned?

#21176 75 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Looks like out of stock already.
I’m getting no response when asking my distributor.

My distributor said his shipment is inbound

#21177 75 days ago
Quoted from PinWill333:

Got my new run premium a couple weeks ago. Demogorgan shots were ok at first, but now almost impossible. It keeps shooting way too low. I've adjusted the new screw all the way and messed around with flipper strength.
I remember on my original run machine removing the spacer under the demogorgan seemed to do the trick. Is this still the best method to improve demo shots? Or is there something im overlooking?

Did you remove the rubber post under the chin? That's the #1 thing to try. After removal, the chin can be dialed down as much as you want.

#21178 75 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Did you remove the rubber post under the chin? That's the #1 thing to try. After removal, the chin can be dialed down as much as you want.

Yeah thats what i was asking about. I thought i could get around that in the new run. I remember it being a pain the last time i did it. I guess i’ll do that then. Thanks

#21179 75 days ago

You can basically rip it out with needle-nose pliers very quickly. You'll destroy the rubber post, but that's no big deal.

#21180 75 days ago

Is anyone still waiting on all of their accessories? I have a preorder in for Armor, UV Kit & Shooter Rod but nothing yet. At what point should I start being concerned?

I do, expect the topper that arrived last thursday. The rest radio silence.

#21181 75 days ago

Operation pinball has a few UV kits in stock ordered yesterday and tracking today.

https://operationpinball.com/product/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit-pro-version-502-7118-q1/

#21182 74 days ago

Random question (Pro: 2023 run). I removed the front spacer from the Demogorgon and now successful mouth shots seem to be getting stuck under it. (That's what I get for lazily not wanting to take the entire thing apart)

It's not getting stuck when they come out of the left side but the main middle metal bracket under the Demogorgon. The issue only happens when I hit the Demogorgon mouth shot. If I open the glass and fish under the gate, I can dislodge the ball. Alternatively a second ball seems to dislodge it.

I tried some troubleshooting it myself by tightening the tilt screw, putting a cloth in there and trying to dislodge any dust or debris and then I just shot a couple balls into it's mouth. The issue seemed to have fixed itself after like 10 in a row but I am not exactly sure what I did to fix it. (Apologies if this sounds extremely stupid, I am very new to the hobby and this is my first/only machine I've ever played.)

Additionally, does anyone know of any good videos that showcase properly dialing in a Demogorgon? I'm more of a visual learner but I've had no luck.

#21183 74 days ago
Quoted from PinWill333:

Yeah thats what i was asking about. I thought i could get around that in the new run. I remember it being a pain the last time i did it. I guess i’ll do that then. Thanks

It's really not that bad. 6 screws to get to the gate, then one screw at the gate, then back together. Maybe 15 minutes. There's a guide with pictures in the topic index.

#21184 74 days ago

Random question (Pro: 2023 run). I removed the front spacer from the Demogorgon and now successful mouth shots seem to be getting stuck under it. (That's what I get for lazily not wanting to take the entire thing apart)
It's not getting stuck when they come out of the left side but the main middle metal bracket under the Demogorgon. The issue only happens when I hit the Demogorgon mouth shot. If I open the glass and fish under the gate, I can dislodge the ball. Alternatively a second ball seems to dislodge it.
I tried some troubleshooting it myself by tightening the tilt screw, putting a cloth in there and trying to dislodge any dust or debris and then I just shot a couple balls into it's mouth. The issue seemed to have fixed itself after like 10 in a row but I am not exactly sure what I did to fix it. (Apologies if this sounds extremely stupid, I am very new to the hobby and this is my first/only machine I've ever played.)
Additionally, does anyone know of any good videos that showcase properly dialing in a Demogorgon? I'm more of a visual learner but I've had no luck.

A properly dialed in demogorgon will make every shot you believe would go in and some you wouldn't expect. There will also be no hangups. I have thousands of games on my machine and I get no hangups there.

The demogorgon is not meant to be difficult to hit. In fact you have to make the mouth shot for certain super jackpots.

For my machine, the ideal setup was no spacer under the mouth of the demogorgon, reducing the black spacers from ~4 washer height to 2 washers high, and increasing the slack on the wires to the demogorgon so it moves more freely. Those 3 changes has made mine perfect for years now. I would also recommend completely removing the tilt screw stern added in the new run. I don't understand what they thought they were fixing with that.

#21185 74 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:It's really not that bad. 6 screws to get to the gate, then one screw at the gate, then back together. Maybe 15 minutes. There's a guide with pictures in the topic index.

Yeah I was able to do it. Brought back memories dialing in my original run machine. It's the screw in the small opening under the ramp that I hate. I always feel like I'm going to lose that thing.

#21186 73 days ago

Anyone know what type/size screws for stern lolipop rails? I totally misplaced them when getting powder coated….

#21187 73 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone know what type/size screws for stern lolipop rails? I totally misplaced them when getting powder coated….

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/232-5101-01

#21188 73 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

A properly dialed in demogorgon will make every shot you believe would go in and some you wouldn't expect. There will also be no hangups. I have thousands of games on my machine and I get no hangups there.
The demogorgon is not meant to be difficult to hit. In fact you have to make the mouth shot for certain super jackpots.
For my machine, the ideal setup was no spacer under the mouth of the demogorgon, reducing the black spacers from ~4 washer height to 2 washers high, and increasing the slack on the wires to the demogorgon so it moves more freely. Those 3 changes has made mine perfect for years now. I would also recommend completely removing the tilt screw stern added in the new run. I don't understand what they thought they were fixing with that.

Count, what’s your flippers power set at ?

#21189 73 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Count, what’s your flippers power set at ?

I have an original build so full power both flippers

#21191 73 days ago

Anyone else get nervous about slamming into the ramp head on while it’s going up? Or do I need anxiety meds! Haha

#21192 73 days ago

Anyone else get nervous about slamming into the ramp head on while it’s going up? Or do I need anxiety meds! Haha

It happens a lot. The ramp will eventually bend. After many thousand of plays.

I bought a second ramp for when my OCD kicks in.

#21193 73 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It happens a lot. The ramp will eventually bend. After many thousand of plays.
I bought a second ramp for when my OCD kicks in.

Good idea!

#21194 72 days ago

Yes, I have a number of nasty dings in mine. The later demogorgon modes can really destroy a ramp. Visually, it bothers me, but no one else sees it and the ramp does its job.

#21195 72 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have an original build so full power both flippers

Ah ok. Ever since I messed with mine and set the pitch on the game differently I can’t make any of the demogorgon shots anymore. This is what happens when I read “ too much “ and mess with stuff I probably didn’t have to ah well .

#21196 72 days ago

Hi.

I had a change of fortune and I ended up with a STh after all. I posted to this thread occasionally to express concern about how the months were ticking past and I wasn't getting a shipping alert from my distro. Eventually he had to admit that it would never come as he just wasn't able to corral one.
Anyway, after finding a HUO example instead, I'm grateful to have a crack at this very cool game. I just finished setting it up today.

So, some initial reactions:

It shoots very well.
The lighting is terrific, if dark in the central portion of the playfield. (I realize this is necessary to spare the projected image from being washed out.) The projected images add a lot to the light show, making me glad I spent the extra $$ for the Premium.
The music and sound effects are fun. (I was a teen in the 80's and I remember synth-wave music in movie soundtracks.)

My only gripe so far is the flipper-return ballguides. They look like off-the-shelf, molded-plastic guides that are commonly used on Stern playfields, but the ball moves through there oddly. The ball will often fall to the "floor" of the guide after a ramp drop and miss the transition altogether. This makes for a less-than-smooth bounce/rattle to the flipper, rather than an ordinary roll. My playfield pitch is set to about 6.8 degrees and it's dead level, left to right. I have owned many Sterns that use these guides, but STh has the oddest ball movement through that lane of any game I've ever tried. I think part of the problem is the width of the lane above the transition. It's too wide to funnel the ball downward smoothly. There's a lot of left-to-right shimmying, etc. I realize this may sound to a lot of you like nitpicking. I just happen to appreciate a reliable roll to the flipper through the inlanes for shot timing and this particular layout doesn't really provide that very well. My game has few plays on it, so I s'pose there's a chance it will "smooth out" as more games are played. We'll see.

Two more things:

First, my game is from the latest run and has purple posts and purple flipper-return ballguides. Has STh always shipped with purple parts like that? Just curious.

Second, I put mirror blades in and, if I'm being honest, they are less dramatic than they have been on other layouts I've owned. I think that's because there isn't a whole lot to reflect in them near the cabinet walls - in particular in the upper-right corner. I need to put something of interest there. I'm aware that there's a "Billy's Camaro" mod available for that spot, but I have never been a fan of dropping toy cars into my layouts. I s'pose I could try the twirling "Arcade" sign mod, but it's quite expensive for what it is. I also know of the uber-sought-after Medisynal (sp?) mod set that puts something significant there, but there's a long waitlist for that.

#21197 72 days ago

So I got a new build StT Premium with Insider Connect and I just got one of the new UV Kits last week. The UV kit instructions make no reference whatsoever to Insider Connect. The new apron in the UV Kit has a mounting spot for the Insider Connect so I put it there. I assume maybe I could have mounted in same spot inside that plastic on original but I would rather that illustrated plastic in that position. I guess I will have to light it up and get something special made with Insider Connect Instructions. Not sure why no instructions from Stern...

IMG_0972 (resized).jpegIMG_0972 (resized).jpegIMG_0973 (resized).jpegIMG_0973 (resized).jpeg

#21198 72 days ago

I looked through the topic index but couldn't find what I needed (or missed it in which case I apologize).

Is there a vertical adjustment for the projector on the new run Premiums? Mine is a little low on the screen. I could wedge something under there but it seems to me there should be some sort of adjustment. Or maybe I'm hoping for too much. LOL

Thanks
Chris

IMG_9965 (resized).jpegIMG_9965 (resized).jpeg
#21199 72 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I looked through the topic index but couldn't find what I needed (or missed it in which case I apologize).
Is there a vertical adjustment for the projector on the new run Premiums? Mine is a little low on the screen. I could wedge something under there but it seems to me there should be some sort of adjustment. Or maybe I'm hoping for too much. LOL
Thanks
Chris

All you have is zoom I think. There is a vertical adjustment with the OEM projector, but it's not accessible with the Stern version.

#21200 72 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is there a vertical adjustment for the projector on the new run Premiums?[quoted image]

Yes, if you go into settings -> diag -> game-specific tests -> projector test.
Select panel -> drive then adjust the Y axis to fit your needs.

You will need to have the post pulled out to have the projector get power.

I also had to make some adjustments in the mount to get mine within enough tolerance so the software level adjustments could work.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,445 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/424 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.