IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutterghoul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13000 2 years ago

Deposit is in, pro UV kit ordered, shopping for some UV rubbers and art blades, super excited!

1 month later
#13780 2 years ago

Official pro owner! Got my December run machine set up, updated, leveled, just got to put in my UV kit with glow rubbers and ill be cookin. Lucky for me the left ball guide can hit sling, but never does on burn it back loop. Also can hit the demo hole, not all the time but enough to reassure I shouldn't need to adjust just yet. So is very much machine to machine. Left flipper button clicks a bit, but will just hit it with some canned air snd hope that clears anything out. BTW love seeing all the community help!

1 week later
#13902 2 years ago

Uv kit installed with transferred IC, GITD Titans, Flipper toppers, Cleland installed. All set up, so happy, just contemplating when to get the D20 flasher on the Demagorgon DnD card. And maybe the light up shooter rod and artblades...and invisiglass.

PXL_20220202_215505986 (resized).jpgPXL_20220202_215505986 (resized).jpg
#13904 2 years ago

Invisiglass can see as a little much, but any bad press about the D20 flasher?

#13906 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

oh i didn't mean to imply there's anything wrong with it, i think its well done. it's just that D and D just isn't that prominent in the show, the d20 is already well represented on the playfield and if you get the shooter too that's just a lotta d20s

More than fair, didn't think about all the dice everywhere lol The shack ramp md might have been good but doesn't look like it's being made anymore

#13945 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

anyone thought about what to do when the uv led's start dying? There has to be some off the shelf replacement strips we could use. I've seen several ball strikes on the unprotected led's which makes me think their life span may be less than normal

UV LEDs have in general a 5k hr lifespan with a quick google. But to your point it could get beat up enough that they'll go out. UV strips are easy enough to come by, the real task would be finding one that has the same intervals as the brackets so all the lights are exposed. Not a breeze but not impossible it sounds like.

#13962 2 years ago

Added comet stadium lights, really like the results. Like that its a dark game but had this in a corner with no overhead lights so while this is brighter, the games playfield art is still hued to cold colors so doesn't feel too bight even with them

PXL_20220208_034302226 (resized).jpgPXL_20220208_034302226 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14311 2 years ago

thought i was doing a good job keeping up with maintenance- replacing the balls every 500 games, wiping down the playfield- but i gave it maybe 10 minutes worth of real attention today and....
[quoted image]
yikes!

That coil dust! Where did you find it building up? I had a lot of plastic shavings from the E target by the saucer but haven't noticed anything else creating excessive dust or debris

#14318 2 years ago

Got to second isolation mode last night, and GC with 1.1 bil, though finally making enough progress to see the need for flipper fans. Is pinmonk really the only way to go?

2 weeks later
#14447 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to figure out this IC physical compatibility on a Stranger Things Pro with UV kit.
Another poster showed using a cutout behind the top right side apron plastic.

You will have to completely unscrew the whole camera thing from the apron, change the position of the screws so they are on opposite sides of where they where, then screw it into place on the UV apron. Its tight but it works!

3 weeks later
#14700 1 year ago

Scoured the rules wiki and this thread, but cannot find out what the red arrow on the saucer shot during T.I. is for. Shooting it during the mode seems to just be a jackpot collect like the regular yellow shots, but if thats the case why make it a different color at all? Any insight is appreciated, just to see if maybe it serves as a super jackpot collect if you dont use it as a regular jackpot first.

#14702 1 year ago

what color is your saucer arrow during TI? actually just got there and it was yellow like the rest of 'em

The last few times it has been red and blinking, the 2x blinks along with it but hitting the shot doesn't collect 2x, at least thats what I remember. Im running 1.05 cleland code on a pro. If im luck and i get to TI again all snap a shot or video to show. Other than the coloring, it seems to register shots just fine

#14722 1 year ago

2nd opto under the left ramp is out. Downpost would fire on start up till operator error message popped up on lcd. Checked and want obstructed, vacuumed and swiffered the area to be sure it wasnt debri. Lifted playfied to get to the optoboards and see if anything came loose, and everything looks okay. Contacted distributor who forwarded to Stern. Hopefully getting optos and wiring harness but will settle for whatever. Had bad optos on my previous NIB, anyone else have issues with optos going out so soon?

1 week later
#14756 1 year ago

Decided to pit in plastic protectors while waiting for new optos. Tried to install the return lane protectors and now the bolts are too short. I assumed all playfield protectors were the same, but maybe mine are just too thick?

PXL_20220509_184513483 (resized).jpgPXL_20220509_184513483 (resized).jpg
#14758 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I had the same issue just went to Home Depot and bought a little longer screws.

Did you have issues with the slings? There is some of the screw shaft showing in the nut, so im assuming its long enough, just might only be able to get the nut on half of the way.

So reassuring, i scoured the manual and it didnt have the slings or return lane assembly listed, but one of the ramp screws seemed similar. Figured a 6-32 x 2" screw should work.

#14761 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

With the slings you need to remove the 2 metal circle spacers.
As far as the screw size, I just brought the one I was replacing with me and bought one longer.

Yep just finished installing, removing the larger washer on the slings gave it enough room, and the 6-32 x 2" for the ball return worked perfectly!

PXL_20220509_205230548 (resized).jpgPXL_20220509_205230548 (resized).jpg
#14775 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I had to remove the washer on the slings (large) and the lanes (small) on mine. I guess I should probably try to get longer screws for the lanes so I can reinstall the washers.
I got the clear protectors from Pinball Life for mine, where did you get yours?

Ulekstore.com, got blue for mine, supposed to be uv reactive but we will see.

Quoted from Neal_W:

Is that issue on the pro only?

Al the previous posts on the topic haven't specified that its only a pro issue. The placement of the ball lock under the ramp is the same, so its safe to assume it effects them all. Mine came NIB with a gouge in the decal already

#14803 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm not sure how the Glow in the Dark is going to look on the flipper bats so I got purple as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have black flipper toppers, but i got the Glow In The Dark titans and it looks like this

IMG_20220424_174444 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_174444 (resized).jpg
#14820 1 year ago

I think most of us are saving up for when MEDISINYL drops the mod hes teased in here previously

#14825 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I do hope the set lives up to expectations.
Essentially complete as of yesterday, with just a last revision or two left on some pieces.
Some has already been in production.
I'm not sure when the actual reveal will be, and I hope to have a chunk ready by then, but I may post an obscured teaser by next week that doesn't fully show it.
I'm always nervous about a new release, and felt the pressure to follow up AMH, but I'm happy with the result, and I hope it's well received.

Everything youve done in the past has been amazing, if its half as cool as ehoh or amh it will be a buy for me!

WOULD LOVE A TEASER!! So excited!!

#14849 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Ah, probably missed it, will check
On another note, I see people posting pictures of the playfield with both uv strips on. How do you do that using the test menu? I can only access 'flashing' effects on either right or left strip, but not both of them turned on, no flashing
Thanks

In mine i just cradled during the upside down mode. Dont know of a way to turn it on and have it stay

#14853 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Can someone please confirm default position for the outlane posts?
I am the third owner of this pin and posts are as wide as possible.
Pretty challenging.

Even if you being them all the way in, the stand ups and half ramps still jet their way out. But yes from the factory they were all the way open

#14870 1 year ago
36lpt2 (resized).jpg36lpt2 (resized).jpg
#14871 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Can you fill me in? What is your code mod?

Cleland graciously moded the sound package for the game so there isnt as much Hop callouts and more music from the show in the game. Really is right behind the UV kit as a necessary upgrade

#14886 1 year ago

Pablo got back to me, I'm getting a replacement left ramp decal and mylar to go with it, along with my replacement optos.

My question is, will the mylar be enough or should I metal tape it as well? I know mylar works, but does need to be replaced, albeit a ways down the road. Is the metal tape that much more of a permanent fix?

#14891 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Really? I thought you could directly plung into the saucer. Although, I’ve never done it.

Plunge to scoop is super skill shot, plunge to drops to saucer is MXV Super secret skill shot

#14907 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Still working on final details and paint colors. There will be some differences from what's shown here.
I'll wait for the full reveal to show things like the detailed deprivation tank (replaces the back left flasher, connecting with a factory style plug--triggers both the tank and the laser that's mostly obscured behind it).
Ultimately all based on the room of the lab where Eleven opens the gate.

artworld (resized).jpgartworld (resized).jpg
#14908 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Still working on final details and paint colors. There will be some differences from what's shown here.
I'll wait for the full reveal to show things like the detailed deprivation tank (replaces the back left flasher, connecting with a factory style plug--triggers both the tank and the laser that's mostly obscured behind it).
Ultimately all based on the room of the lab where Eleven opens the gate.

Seriously though, everything sounds so cool, especially the interactive tank. And that last shot is goooorgeous!!! Cant wait till you start accepting spots!!

#14924 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Happy stranger things day!!!

Haven't read too deeply into reviews, but no ones condemning in the headlines so thats a good sign!

#14985 1 year ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Is Stern ever going to make more ST Premiums? What is going on there?

What I heard is the last run was pros only, and there are no plans for more of any version. Has been said from multiple sources so more than likely the truth of the matter.

#15062 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stranger Things is incredible. That is all.

Appreciate the spoiler free review. 2 yo and a new born along with end of month reporting at work, havent had time to watch anything but the first and half of the second episode. Hearing nothing but great things so super excited!

1 week later
#15145 1 year ago

Got my replacement optos! Will be my first soldering work, wish me luck!!

PXL_20220612_165321949 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_165321949 (resized).jpg
#15146 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Got my replacement optos! Will be my first soldering work, wish me luck!![quoted image]

Didn't work, not sure if it was me or if there is an issue up the line. Since its the second lock, its daisy'd to the first, and the other 3 optos indicator leds turn on. Doesn't look terrible to me but what do i know lol

PXL_20220612_202035389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202035389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202043977 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202043977 (resized).jpg
#15205 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When I bought the game it did not have v1.05 on it but I did quickly update it to the new code. I don't recall it being any darker but maybe Stern did that to add life to the projector?

Anecdotally, brightness and temperature absolutely effect the lifespan of a projector. Very much worth it for the lifespan gain.

#15215 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have yet to get an email from anyone at Stern that is worth a damn.

I always go to my distributor first and then they CC Pablo for me. It is sporadic responses but i got my opto replacement in about a month or 2 start to finish

#15225 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did an update to my custom sound mod to include Kate Bush Running up That Hill for the Get Me Out Mode.
I think it fits perfectly! Of course to show you, I had to do it with the glass off

Does this mean we should ask for a new download, or is this just your initial reaction?

1 week later
#15263 1 year ago

Worked with tech support and was told i needed to replace both send and receive optos to fix my 2nd ball lock under the ramp. Soldered the other, plugged in and turned on and it worked. Mounted it all and put the up post back and played a test game. Was going fine, even hit a telekinesis and 2 demo shots, but during ball two the post started rapid firing and got the operator error. Active switch now shows the lock 2 active constantly. Not sure if its a wiring issue or a bad solder job, just wish i had more time to fix it.

Haven't been able to play since May 1st, got a 2 yo and a 2 mo so i just cant spend all day diagnosing as much as i wanna know. Debating calling a repairman to fix it and show me what went wrong so i can do it in the future. Proud i was able to solder it up to at least get some testing time on it so that was reassuring.

1 week later
#15410 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

I thought about that.. But I feel like this game will go up due to low production numbers.

Exactly why I got mine. Had a blast on it, wife enjoyed it, and once I heard the Dec. run was the last I called maybe 5 different places to get mine. Scarcity + demand = profit, but hell I love it too much to sell at this point. Once I have time again I will fix my opto lock so I can play it again, haven't played since March...

1 week later
#15461 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Is there a trick to getting the hinge pin back into the ramp (pro)? My pin has slide right out of the left hole, I’m guessing there was supposed to be a c-clip holding it on like the right side…

All the ramps on my pro just rest on each other, no hinges to speak of that I recall

#15463 1 year ago

Has anyone aligned the optos under the left ramp? Trying to replace the optos for identifying a second ball. It worked for a minute when i soldered the new optos, but went back to registering closed. Tech says to check for alignment, and just seeing if anyone has any advice outside of using a snake cam and making sure you can see the send and receive lenses. Not sure how much play or forgiveness rather they have

#15469 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can be pretty forgiving in that they don’t need to be perfectly aligned with one another, but any blockage can mess with them. I would clean them both with alcohol, and make sure the cutouts where they shine through are nice and clean.

Thanks for the advice! They look centered in the steel cut out, swapped with isopropyl, tightened the nuts, still registering closed. Receiver opto led not light on start up, not sure if that means no power or if its bad. Waiting for next steps from Stern

#15471 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly could be another bad set.

I have had hoooorible luck with optos, my other NIB had bad optos too. When Stern sent replacements though it already had the molex and wires attached so they could test them assumingly. Maybe thats what I need to ask, that they send replacements already wired up so they can check them there and be sure they are sending a good set

#15481 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Actually, most people will say what you're saying because most people only have access to the pro (see similar discussions earlier in the thread).
They're all good but in a home environment, IMHO, with the projector, Prem/le is on another level.
I really like the tk lock too (dialed in) and shaking demo, but the projection mapping is really something to behold.

Pro is a double cheeseburger, premium is a double cheeseburger with bacon and jalapeno poppers. The premium is superior, a bit messy sometimes but absolutely worth it. But no one is gunna say no to a pro, and they are still very much going to enjoy it.

#15646 1 year ago

The old guy at the corner store used to call me sport, so I guess I am Sport

1 week later
#15762 1 year ago

Tried googling and searching posts and not finding an answer.

Quick terminology question. Emailing Stern about an opto issue. They said, "the top board should have an LED that turns on and off when it is flagged", do they mean trying to activate it in switch tests?

The issue is that its stuck to open/active, with no led showing at any time.

Trying to save some back and forth since I haven't received a response in weeks and dont wanna loose them while I got them on the hook.

#15764 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. The led should turn on and off when the opto is tripped by the ball.

Thanks! Yea that was my confusion, i already stated to them the issue was the opto is stuck on as if a ball was there, so then led is always off and unresponsive. Asking to flag the switch was a new term and made me think it was something else. Thanks again!

#15799 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The post lock under my left ramp has started cycling then it disables itself. Usually this happens soon after the machine turns on though I’ve also seen it

Happened to my machine, still working with stern to get it fixed. Clean and reseat as previously recommended, also check that there is an indicator led light on all the opto switches.

2 weeks later
#15876 1 year ago

Finally got an email back from Stern. I have a warranty work order number for my opto issue, and they will be building and sending me everything. Has taken months but so excited to have the end in sight. Will be sending back the broken optos and harnesses but a small ask to finally have my machine back and running

#15878 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Take about great customer service!

To be fair its been 2 and a half months, and it has gone back n forth, and they did send me a replacement but it didnt work. Would I liked it to be faster, of course. But just felt hopless for weeks so getting some confirmation has been more than welcome

#15881 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That sucks man. I really wish they would get there shit together there. I would rather the customer experience be good and they only put out one game a year to be honest.

As someone who has had the same issue on very separate NIB machines I do wish that. Both my stranger things and my star wars comic home pins had ball lock 2 optos fail. They both times have taken care of it in the end, but if they had more focus hopefully meant less bad stuff got out the door and more time to resolve issues when they did come up

1 week later
#15950 1 year ago

#15986 1 year ago

Ill pile on and say no matter what strat your doing, try and keep the ball going. There is a bonus for combo shots during modes and multiballs. I thiiink it doubles and if not 1.5x, which then gets doubled during 2x scoring, so if you can your doing yourself a favor by keeping the shots flowing.

#15995 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the community did a great job getting all the game’s rules nuances covered here.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet/6093

This is still showing combos doubling lit shots, latest refrence is 1.02. Scanned the readme and while 1.01 does say they fixed the points for combo shots, the readme doesn't refrence doing away with them either.

2 weeks later
#16099 1 year ago

STh LE HUO with ~2k plays for a NIB JP PRE and NIB Star Wars Pro, all shipped. yea or nay?

Flip a coin. Seriously it helps figure out what you actually want. if you get lets say heads and its the choice you wanted it will be good and if you get tails youll feel bumed so you know you actually wanted heads in the first place.

1 week later
#16208 1 year ago

Can you adjust brightness for gameplay? I do that for the lcd and backglass and helps a lot

1 week later
#16341 1 year ago
Quoted from Miked42:

I’m having the same issues here. Did you get the new setup yet? I can’t even find these optos for sale anywhere. I bought the last I could find. Transmitter and receiver. Tested it then when I tried it they failed again

Messaged ya already, but yes still waiting for mine. Have been emailing each month just so I dont get lost in the support black hole.

3 weeks later
#16571 1 year ago

Still waiting on my replacement optos, so since I cant play it, whats everyones favorite combo? Hard to beat the burn it back loop to right ramp to mystery shot. Great balance of speed and accuracy to hit those back to back.

#16612 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Hey y’all my Stranger Things pro left down post started acting up. I know there are 2 optos under that left ramp that trigger it. I need the receiver side which I think is part # 520-8116-00rx. It’s sold out at Pinball Life and Marco. Anybody know other parts places that might have it?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't have a source for ya, but have been waiting months for my replacements from stern so can attest they could be very hard to track down.

#16626 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Well I found those opto receivers and ordered 2 from a France parts store. The German parts places didn’t seem to want to let me choose shipping to US. At least I got some on the way.
In the mean time I just disconnected that down post at the connector and pulled it out of the game. Now its at least playable. It doesn’t stop the ball at the beginning of some modes. But other than that I don’t see any harm done.

If this game is still playable like that, oh man that would be amazing. Still no noticeable issues? I would absolutely do this so I can at least play my machine till the replacement comes.

1 week later
#16722 1 year ago

Got my replacement optos from Stern, all wired to the metal bracket for the up post locks under the left ramp. Installed it, and 1 lock now reads as active, causing the up post to fire till the operator error message pops up. It used to be the 2 lock, so a lateral improvement I guess. Reaching out to Stern to see what to do next. Coming up on 9 months trying to get this fixed. Is there a way to use a multimeter to check the optos for faults? I dont think its a wiring/node issue now that it switched which pair of optos have the issue.

1 week later
#16775 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone know if the premium UV kit will install on the pro? Anything I should be aware of before I try?

Ots been done, I think the main difference os the apron is different so you need an extra bolt or something. If you search for uv kit in this thread you'll find a post about exactly what needs to be done.

1 week later
#16843 1 year ago

I finally fixed my opto switches!!! After running into a wall with pro repair peeps and getting some cold shoulders, i just bucked up and attempted the solder myself after watching a wide span of tutorial videos. Works like a charm now, both locks functional! Almost a year and finally got it fixed, so excited to get back to playing!!

2 weeks later
#16932 1 year ago

5-way combo on mirkwood, boy did that feel good! Now just need to finish Save Will, easily the hardest mode for me

2 weeks later
#17015 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Has anyone seen a decal/sticker set for the pro available anywhere? I can find them for the premiums but not pro’s. Looking in the US.

I asked for the left ramp decal as mine came with the gouge, and they sent me a ghost busters slimer swing arm. Can confirm the parts bin is a lil disjointed.

#17031 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Only issue with my game is when you shoot ball in the inside orbit (Demo dog, extra ball) It will sometimes rest on the ball gate...It looks like after so many plays the wire gets slightly inverted....Normally I would take it out and bend slightly but looks tucked underneath and afraid of trying to remove and get back in correctly.

Mines been doing that too, but inconsistently. Thinking of waxing the lead up to and right around that gate to make sure it wasnt me just being lazy last time I waxed.

#17065 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Yikes! If these sales keep up, Stern will HAVE to make new ones (at a new ‘23 price of course).

Kinda glad. Bought this cause me and wifey enjoyed it but suspected the short run would drive value over time. Feels good to have called the shot, but even still not sure I would ever get rid of it. Trade up to a killer theme maybe, but such a fun game no matter how long it kicks my ass

3 weeks later
#17171 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So why would Stern not address these issues?

It looks like they have, but for the later versions. 1.06 and 1.07 have listed fixes with 1.07 specifically addressing random resets. Cleleand is one of the best mod for the machine, but Im using Sterns code till he updates his to 1.07

#17178 1 year ago

Jiminy Christmas, just put in the stern art blades, and has added more light then my stadium lights did! Might take them out now, whatever they coated the blades in is super super reflective

PXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203146786 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203146786 (resized).jpg
#17181 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those sling spot lights aimed at the player seem like a bigger issue. Are the art blades that distracting? I have not installed mine yet.

The lights are at an angle so its not high beaming you in the face, but they are adding to the light thats bouncing around since they are pointed more at the blades then the stock GI. The blades arnt distracting, they look great just are coated with something so they do make things generally brighter than without them.

#17199 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Just installed my Stern art blades and can confirm there is a lot of glare from the GI off the art blades.

Thanks for the first hand account! Gunna cover the existing lights for a bit to make sure its worth taking out. I have mine tucked in a corner with no overhead light so as much as its been super bright Id hate to over correct.

2 weeks later
#17282 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I have an issue with the ramp not functioning properly during game play, but it will move up and down stopping in the open or closed position perfectly in test mode.
During game play the ramp inches downwards like it struggling to go down usually stopping slightly above the playfield, not fully down. The ramp also does not go back up when it is supposed to after hitting the demogorgon shot, except if the ball drains and then the ramp will abandon any problem it is having ands fully close perfectly. Also occasionally when the ramp will inch up or down in small steps when pressing a flipper button. Again the ramp opened and closed perfectly about 15 times in test mode, these issues only occur during game play.
Has anybody else experienced issues like and know what may be causing them?

Stabbing wildly in the dark, but since the motor and isolated signals work, maybe it's another switch thats literally giving it pause? Like it thinks there is an interference and so it stops and starts cause an offending switch comes off and on?

2 weeks later
#17323 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Hey all, I've run into a couple issues with the Premium that maybe some of you might know how to fix. It seems the magnetic ball lock on the back left side rarely ever gets the balls to stick to the wall. Anyone know of a way to fix it so that it will stick every time? The other issue is on the same ramp where it hits the magnetic ball lock post and the post basically stays up blocking the ball until I hit the flippers a few times.

The main page of this forum has carefully laid out steps to follow to solve that issue in some pinned posts. Just look for the TK Lock pinned posts titles and you should be golden!

#17342 1 year ago

Havent played in over a month due to surgeries and sickness, but first game stepping back in it I GC'd. Getting ever closer to Send it back and Light the fire(?)!

PXL_20230316_041300585 (resized).jpgPXL_20230316_041300585 (resized).jpg
#17352 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Complete or attempt? I think it’s attempt all modes to light the mini wizards

Yep just play them, completion is optional.

#17365 1 year ago

The MEDISINYL is pretty dang good regardless of 3d print.

PXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_230336024 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_230336024 (resized).jpgPXL_20230316_041305119 (resized).jpgPXL_20230316_041305119 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#17450 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Thanks for the quick reply.
Factory covers are there. I almost think the factory cover plus the speed is what also causes the reject. Might be pinching? I have my flipper power turned down to 200 but that inevitably make the demo shot impossible. I could put it back up for documentation purposes and take videos as suggested. Just not the biggest fan of watching the ball fly from the left to the right side. I think one time it hit the right side of the cabinet. Went so fast, I was like WTH.

Did you wax your game? That always makes things go faster. And for leveling, are you doing left/right as well as incline? I have a digital level as well and have to get right next to the drop targets to get my left/right level for the back half.

I had a dec21 build as well and had no ramp air balls.

1 week later
#17502 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same as changing a cabinet button. One nut. Easy peasy.

The action button is clear so youd need to do something with the code to get it to change color right? Even if you changed to a colored translucent button the color would be off since it would still glow red underneath right, or is that a non issue?

1 month later
#17612 10 months ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Backbox Magnetic Power Splitter - Lermods
Cabinet Power Splitter - pinballlife

Gorgeous pin! Whats the purpose of the power splitters? Easier to wire up new mods?

#17614 10 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just picked up the Stranger Things pro and looking for suggestions on what would be the best UV kit to install or what’s available.

Get the official one if you can, pin stadiums are better than nothing though

#17616 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

When you complete a set of drop targets and it wants you to shoot the center, are the drop target supposed to :

Looks like it might be an issue with the opto. I had a similar issue with the up post and it was because one of the lenses on the opto shattered.

1 month later
#17689 9 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Not sure if this has been discussed but around the 33:55 mark Brian Eddie seems to acknowledge another production run.
https://www.youtube.com/live/mO5F1TjAX6Y?feature=share

Of all the rumors circulating this has the most weight. Still maybe and mights, but a "might be something happening this year" coming straight fron a giddy Eddy has heavy implications. Selfish but I liked how rare they were, made it special when you ran into one.

2 weeks later
#17811 8 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

MAY re-run it for the final season. Not sure I believe that. Any insights?

You can search the thread, but at comi-con Brian Eddy was interviewed and was put right asked about STH. He said "might be something this year" so yes still a maybe but with it coming directly from Brian and with a lot of side eye smiling hes either the biggest troll or the worst secret keeper. Will know for certain later this year.

1 month later
#17963 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can anyone help? Or maybe a photo underneath?

This?

Screenshot_20230924-204935 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230924-204935 (resized).png
1 week later
#18096 6 months ago

Scatter shotting some answers:

Plastic protectors will work. I have blue plastic protectors but have seen the purple/orange ones and they are more pronounced. Purple powder coat looks amazing, but art is subjective.

The titan glow rubbers are my personal favorite, but have seen people use the purple ones too. Plastic protectors by nature are see though so its just what accent color you prefer, I chose blue. To my knowledge no art blades are UV reactive, but the Stern ones do match the playfield and back box art better IMO.

Yep of you get the uv apron the ic will totally fit just fine on the right side. O think i had to flip the screws to lone up where they had the holes on the apron but that was it. Oh also I chose to cut out a hole on the apron sticker that was on there, and if you do that just be sure its clean and straight or you will notice it every waking hour of every day.

PXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_230336024 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_230336024 (resized).jpg
#18178 6 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Because the UV effect is just on the top of the plastics, right???
I also ordered glow in the dark titan rubbers, assuming those will "pop" with the UV kit...

Wont mess with the uv, your good! Linking my post answering that question previously with pictures of plastics and glow rubbers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/362#post-7794474

#18192 6 months ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

Can anyone that owns the Stern topper tell me the part number of the node board inside it? Thank you!

Didnt wanna take my topper apart to find it, but did find a thread with someone who found it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-spike2-games-have-a-node-board-in-the-topper#post-7516141

#18268 6 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

In the club on a loaner Premium. Broke it down and gave it a full shop job including replacing all the rubbers. Whoever the designer was that tucked those back 2 by the pops under the ramp was a real dick.

Thats the only one i didn't swap to glows lol thanks for the reassurance its possible though

1 week later
#18348 6 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Went to my local Spirit Halloween and noted they were not selling any STh items/costumes. That must be some expensive license.

Not even "Short haired empowered kid", "Scrappy friend with bike", or "Corpse flower demon"?

2 months later
#20531 3 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

You’ll only get Add Time when there is something to Add Time to. Likely if you’re not in a visible mode, it will be to extend 2x playfield.
And mystery will almost always give Add Time if you’re in any sort of mode or count down as the first reward in said mode. (Not 100%, I’ve surely had it give other rewards as my first reward in a mode. But close.)

Exactly, you will see add time and add a ball almost all the time if you are collecting during chapter or demodog modes and multiballs.

1 month later
#21162 74 days ago
Quoted from NukeRP:

I received my UV light kit yesterday. I got it installed today on my December run PE.
First of all, this is truly a game changer. Must have.
However during install, I needed to relocate the barcode scanner to the lower apron card area. Now there is no apron card in that area, or rather if I put a card in it covers the scanner. While I wasn't a fan of the red card urging me to do scan into Insider Connected, I'm not sure what to put in there. An
yone have any ideas?

I just cut a square out of the existing sticker. It kept the theme on the apron, but if you miss cut it there is no going back

pinside.78965cc6fce3adfb44abc797d4ed415427bb7d7f (resized).jpgpinside.78965cc6fce3adfb44abc797d4ed415427bb7d7f (resized).jpg
#21166 73 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

How did you get your IC scanner to the top right? People are saying it was moved to an awkward spot on the bottom right

There is a hole under the sticker for it, you do have to change the location of the screws on the camera so they line up to where the hinges are on the apron, but it was an easy mounting process

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gutterghoul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=gutterghoul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.