IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aztarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn this topper is UNREAL!!!
Check out the Ultimate Upside Down Edition of Stranger Things Pinball

Looking for a NIB Premium and none are to be had......

1 week later
#9506 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just read this in a Pinside ad:
“At this point, this game is not on Sterns build schedule to be made again”
How likely is it that Stern won’t run more STh Premiums for the foreseeable future? I’m planning to call my distributor later today to see what’s up. I wouldn’t mind waiting 6-12 months, and it seems unlikely that Stern wouldn’t put this back on the line, given how fast the premiums were snarfed up here in the southeast.

Decided to pull the trigger on a Premium and have talked to 4 distributors - they've all said the same thing. They get build lists from Stern for the next 4-6 months and ST Premiums are no longer listed. May just have to go with a Pro at this point.......

#9731 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m a happy premium owner, but this games got it where it counts in the layout, music and other features. I could definitely be a happy pro owner.
IMO, the UV kit is way more desirable that any other upgrade or feature.
As for the projector, it’s fine, bit not a deal breaker.

That's good to know. With Premiums now out of production, I pulled the trigger on a Pro this morning and ordered a UV kit for the upcoming run of those.

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am seriously considering buying a Stranger Things Premium, has to be NIB because there are no used units for sale in Canada. One thing holding me back at this point may be the possible infinite amount of tinkering that needs to be done, even right out of the box from what I am reading. Is this always the case with this title that it needs a lot of tweaking and fine adjustment to make it work right?

Good luck finding a NIB Premium. Distributors are out and from what I've been told by several of them, it's out of production with no plans from Stern to make more. I picked up a NIB Pro and can't be happier.

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Well it looks like I am out before I got in. I was getting excited and ready to plunk the coin down this week and discovered zero stock of Premiums at Player 1. It appears I can't give my money away. No stock in Canada and none to order. And Elvira is in never never land so no new pin for me. Denied.
A little disappointed but hey, those are first world problems for ya.

I think the word is out what a great game Stranger Things is and it's fast becoming a must have. That being said, you could wait for a premium to pop up on the second hand market - guessing that'll happen as soon as Mandalorian is officially announced. Distributors here in the US are saying no more Premiums will be made.

I didn't want to wait and ordered a NIB Pro. I couldn't be happier with it. My wife could care less about this hobby and has no interest in any of my other pins, yet she's booted me off several times to play a game or two. Fun times.....

#10136 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Guess what.. The updated Stern production schedule (from last week) has STh back on it. No date associated yet though. So Stern has decided demand was high enough to do at least 1 other run, whenever that is.

It's another run of Pros.

1 week later
#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is the general consensus they are done running premiums on these ?

Yes, in my search for a NIB premium I was told by 4 separate Distributors that Stern was done with premiums and the next run of Pros will be it. Never say never, but it doesn't sound overly promising. On that note, I'd guess the Stern accessories will be drying up as well......

ZMeny Stranger Things seems to be trending up!

1 week later
#10645 2 years ago

Dang - others must've bought after I posted that link. They were in-stock - sorry!

1 week later
#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I searched, couldn't find fresh news. Will Stern be making more Sth Premium any time soon? Tks!

No fresh news - Stern is done with Premiums. Another run of Pro's and that's it

#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you hear that? I know there isn’t a run date but has stern said it’s out of production? Not sure it makes much sense with Pros still being in stock and premiums being in demand. I could see another premium run in anticipation of season 4 later in the year or early next year.

Got the information from 4 different Distributors when I was looking for a Premium. They all said Stranger Things has been dropped from the production schedule. Never say never, I guess, but with the backlog and some in-demand games like EHOH not shipping until 2022, I wouldn't look for it anytime soon (if ever).

#10893 2 years ago
Quoted from BMSPEED:

Just saw my dealer today and he confirmed one more run of pro’s only.

Other than the upcoming UV kits and another run of toppers, the Stern accessories are rumored to be done as well. Get 'em now I suppose....

1 month later
#11557 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody know of any UV kits out there for sale? Thank you!

Contact a distributor and maybe they have a list going? I paid for one back at the end of March - hopefully shipping in September

1 week later
#11721 2 years ago

Nice little surprise when I got home from work today. 5 month wait is over - UV kit arrived!!

#11729 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, I’m curious where you got it as well.

Ordered from GEX back in March

#11750 2 years ago

UV kits hitting ePay - guessing Stern got all the parts in they needed.....

ebay.com link: itm

#11769 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

$410 is steep

I agree - but thought I'd mention it since people are looking. Stranger Things is gaining in popularity and sounds like only one more run of Pros and likely no more Stern accessories.

1 week later
#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is it exactly the same except the apron?Does it have all the same plastics?

Yes, same kit other than the apron difference.

1 week later
#12030 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just checking this link days late, but WTF? That listing is a distributor selling those for $170 over MSRP. Ridiculous.

Yea, wasn't promoting the seller, just noting that the kits were starting to hit the streets. Reputable distributors have them in-stock and aren't trying to bend buyers over. Have seen a few Pinsiders trying to get $375-450 for the kits, which is gross. ZMeny even called one out on his last podcast.

3 months later
#13296 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

So installed the shooter rod.. kind of a pain in the A.. but got it done. Now I have 2 errors.. anyone seen this. Game plays fine except that the left pop fires for some reason randomly.
Update: all tech alerts are cleared, not sure how.. left pop keeps randomly firing.
Update again: simple lead switch adjustment. Simple fix. Who would have known an HO slot car shoe adjustment tool would work perfectly for pinball..

These are pretty handy to have in the 'ol pinball toolbox: https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

2 weeks later
#13774 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Pro Stern UV kit in marketplace

PinballLife has them in-stock for half that....

1 week later
#13863 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There will not be another premium run according to Stern and distributors

The last run of Pros is it - ST is done..............

#13872 2 years ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

I've read through a lot of the posts regarding the left orbit feed hitting the left sling, but wanted to see if there was ever a definitive fix that didn't involve bending or relocating the ball guide. My Pro was from the December run and it seems to have the same issue as others where the kick out from the mystery lock coming down the left orbit hits the left sling about 80% of the time. I've tried multiple different slopes, completely level left and right, left leaning, right leaning and no matter what, I can't get it to feed down to the left flipper consistently.
Did everyone just end up bending their left ball guides or drilling new holes for the screws securing the end of the ball guide to direct it more towards the middle of the playfield and away from the left sling?

I just bent the ball guide slightly and it fixed the issue - no need to drill additional holes.

2 months later
#14499 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know what FW means, sorry.
Try reinstalling the code. If that doesn’t help, try reflashing the SD card. Instructions are on sterns website.

FW = firmware I believe

5 months later
#16120 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Cleland works great with IC on 1.05 but I'd love to have the home team update. I updated SW and Godzilla this morning but am on the fence about losing STh.
The audio mod really is great.

He noted that he will update Stranger Things to 1.06 (now 1.07) when Pinball Browser can open the image.

1 week later
#16215 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It's out of production on Stern's Website.

Yes, I realize that....interesting they are taking deposits for a 2023 run tho.

4 months later
#17254 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

People like to keep their game value high so if they have a premium/LE they are more likely to say they won’t run again…. For what is worth, a respectful pinsider posted on kanedas Facebook post that the next run will be 2024.

I have a Pro and still say they're not going to run any version again. Does that make my Pro worth more now?

7 months later
#18003 6 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Did they announce pricing ?
I paid my STh Premium less than today's Pro price, so i'm not too concerned about losing value. Plus I like the game too much anyway to sell it

Pro - $6999
Premium - $9499

UV Kits - $279

#18060 6 months ago
#18064 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some are getting charged more I guess. Invoice I saw recently was $300.

With shipping its close to $300

#18069 6 months ago

I heard that someone may be making translites based on the LE backglass. If you know who this is, would you please PM me the details.

Thanks!

#18071 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone mentioned this on the stranger things pinball group on FB. Search there.

Will do - thanks!

1 month later
#18537 5 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So if you update you lose all your Cleland sound packages? I'm on Cleland 1.05 right now

Yes

#18554 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Lots of them. Of the ones I’ve owned, Jurassic Park, Led Zeppelin, Rush.

Munsters

1 month later
#19339 4 months ago
Quoted from petersonjandrew:

Found the same "pogo pin" in the bottom of my box with the coin box pin. If you figure out where it goes, let me know!

See above - it adjusts the height of the demogorgon -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/381#post-7909016

#19493 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This was the guy who focused my projector.
[quoted image]

You guys just need to get the Stern factory authorized projector calibration and adjustment accessory

ST Projector (resized).jpgST Projector (resized).jpg
#19686 3 months ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

Anyone have the new Cleland mod to share ?

PM him directly for the info

1 week later
#20160 3 months ago
Quoted from beefzap:

What does this look like and where is it located? I just unboxed mine yesterday.

Picture of the adjustment screw here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/387#post-7921928

1 month later
#21187 63 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone know what type/size screws for stern lolipop rails? I totally misplaced them when getting powder coated….

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/232-5101-01

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aztarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=aztarac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.