IMG_6794 (resized).jpeg
tk_lock_pro (resized).jpg
JPEG-Bild-4E18-AC6B-0D-0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 450.
#20901 3 months ago

Watch some videos on it and really try to dial in your shot timing. Take the glass off and practice it a bunch. I think Chuck said ball should be 2/3 down the left flipper and 1/3 on the right.

#20902 3 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

I guess stranger things has my number. I got a foo in the same week. I find foo way more forgiving and the shots remind more of JP/GZ/IMdN with upper flipper loops and shots. Rarely get STDM drains in that game by the way the shot telemetry is setup.

I think both games can play more difficult depending on how you shoot em. Foo, if you bail out and use the center shot / spinner to set things up a lot and mostly backhand the left ramp, it can play pretty safe. On STh it’s almost the opposite - the safety is on the wide shots and the danger is in the middle. I almost never intentionally hit the drops - people that come over, often that’s almost all they hit and the games go by quickly.

#20904 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whoever told you Silhouette Cameo 4 was superior probably only had that. It's GARBAGE LEVEL hardware. Loud, clunky, fragile. There might be some specific thing it does well, but for general purpose stuff, there's zero point of comparison where Silhouette wins at the hardware level.
Silhouette has the better software, but garbage hardware
Cricut has FAR better hardware, but pretty bad software
We're trying the Brother SDX125e now and it's a very promising machine for both hardware and software (NOT the SDX85 - it doesn't have auto depth), so maybe it will end up as the "just right" - jury's out right now.
I would never recommend a silhouette to anyone.

thanks, looking forward to the Brother review, in the market for a machine and want to buy something that works well.

#20905 3 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

It’s the hardest game I’ve ever owned that’s for sure(only owned 8 games). I have to play way different than most of my other pins. Prob harder than mando but easier than bksor. I closed the lanes up, lowered the sling power, changed the left eject power, adjusted the left orbit, and auto plunge power. It has def made the game less crazy and drainy for me.

Yea i may turn down slings. I used to be able to get much further in the game on my old one

#20906 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think yours will have to have the diverter tip bent back a little more. If you look at the slo-mo of the 3rd ball lock at the very beginning, it's not hitting the second ball hard enough to move it back and up out of the way to make room for the 3rd ball. With a little more contact and sooner, it should hit a bit harder and get the ball up so the 3rd ball can sneak in.
Or...maybe increasing the duty power for the diverter in the settings will help with the initial snap that hits the ball to give it more of a kick so it moves up better. Maybe try that first?

So on the new premiums the balls always lock on Elevens hand vs suspended away from her hand and in a chain vs the triangle?

#20907 3 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think both games can play more difficult depending on how you shoot em. Foo, if you bail out and use the center shot / spinner to set things up a lot and mostly backhand the left ramp, it can play pretty safe. On STh it’s almost the opposite - the safety is on the wide shots and the danger is in the middle. I almost never intentionally hit the drops - people that come over, often that’s almost all they hit and the games go by quickly.

Agree! Between the skill shot and just play bounces - the drops should only be a target unless one is standing. I tell everyone to stay out of the middle and eventually they get knocked down anyway

#20908 3 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

So on the new premiums the balls always lock on Elevens hand vs suspended away from her hand and in a chain vs the triangle?

When you have it dialed in (some get it out of the box, others have to fiddle), they lock in a triangle at her fingers. Stern changed where the balls lock to make the mech more reliable, but didn't change the art, so the balls are kind of in a no-mans land relative to the graphic.

#20909 3 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Exactly. Cough cough.

#20910 3 months ago

Recently gotten into pinball about two years ago, rented and played a ton of games and really liked stranger things. Pulled the trigger and spent the money on a premium. I had only played a pro prior. This is my only pinball game, I really don’t have room for more than one. I really like it but it is super frustrating that the TK just does not work. I’ve done all the adjustments from page one of this thread and spent way too much time trying to get it to work. When you get a reject it’s a straight drain ball, which is really annoying. I’m going to switch to the 2-ball lock and make the 3rd virtual like was previously suggested here just for the game play. Thanks for letting me vent!

#20911 3 months ago

is your prem a 2020 build or a 23?

#20912 3 months ago
Quoted from gixxerjoe:

Recently gotten into pinball about two years ago, rented and played a ton of games and really liked stranger things. Pulled the trigger and spent the money on a premium. I had only played a pro prior. This is my only pinball game, I really don’t have room for more than one. I really like it but it is super frustrating that the TK just does not work. I’ve done all the adjustments from page one of this thread and spent way too much time trying to get it to work. When you get a reject it’s a straight drain ball, which is really annoying. I’m going to switch to the 2-ball lock and make the 3rd virtual like was previously suggested here just for the game play. Thanks for letting me vent!

What's your playfield pitch?

Leave it on 3 ball and take a slo-mo video of the locking balls, then post it to youtube and put the link in a message here. I'm sure we can get your TK lock working if this is a 2023 run machine.

#20913 3 months ago
Quoted from gixxerjoe:

This is what I’ve done and I don’t feel like it detracts from the experience.

#20914 3 months ago

Ok , everyone on the newer builds who hasn’t gotten “ Bullshit mode” yet raise your hand!

#20915 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok , everyone on the newer builds who hasn’t gotten “ Bullshit mode” yet raise your hand!

That might be all of us

#20916 3 months ago

Do you think its bent enough ?

IMG_2966 (resized).jpegIMG_2966 (resized).jpeg
#20917 3 months ago

This game needs flipper fans, if not as you play the flippers will get weaker and will increase rejects to the lock.

#20918 3 months ago

Would somebody please tell me or shoot me a link to figure out how to adjust the projector.

Thanks!

#20919 3 months ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

That might be all of us

Add a ball or Add time almost EVERY time. Smh

#20920 3 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Do you think its bent enough ?
[quoted image]

Does it work?

#20921 3 months ago

Havnt tried it yet

All balls should lock easily or especially the 3rd one?
Should i put back the setting to stock?

#20922 3 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Havnt tried it yet
All balls should lock easily or especially the 3rd one?
Should i put back the setting to stock?

I think that the second ball is pushed forward instead of backwards so this bend would only affect the 3rd ball.
The first one is locked onto the magnet and never moves.

#20923 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’ve gotten it at least a few times, but it is few and far between. Is it an adult setting? Maybe yours is set for clean mode?

#20924 3 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’ve gotten it at least a few times, but it is few and far between. Is it an adult setting? Maybe yours is set for clean mode?

I've gotten it a few times as well.

#20925 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Add a ball or Add time almost EVERY time. Smh

Then you are collecting mystery only in modes, I believe it's the second or third mystery not in modes

#20926 3 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think that the second ball is pushed forward instead of backwards so this bend would only affect the 3rd ball.
The first one is locked onto the magnet and never moves.

Lock 3rd ball on 1st shot with glass removed

IMG_2993 (resized).jpegIMG_2993 (resized).jpeg
#20927 3 months ago

PinMonk did the target fix this morning
Now the target doesnt want to go completely up

They go slightly down/up but not over the playfield?

Any idea?

#20928 3 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Any idea?

Sounds like the springs are to tight now.

#20929 3 months ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

That might be all of us

I’ve gotten one

#20930 3 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Sounds like the springs are to tight now.

I did cut +-25% shorter, could it be something else. I didnt pull the targets up before reinstalling in the game. Could it be that?
Bad alignment of something ?

#20931 3 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Any idea?

If it has a problem with DOWN also, it sounds like the bank was re-assembled wrong. Is the opto board on backwards?

#20932 3 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Then you are collecting mystery only in modes, I believe it's the second or third mystery not in modes

Ahhh that explains it . I thought that was weird. Thanks for the heads up.

#20933 3 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’ll check , I didn’t really change much in the settings.

#20934 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ahhh that explains it . I thought that was weird. Thanks for the heads up.

I think it's the second or third only in tournament mode. Definitely try collecting mystery when not in a mode, multiball, or timed event. It will take a while but it happens eventually. From my audits of the last 1k games it has happened 20 times on my machine. It is rare but I also don't spend time going for it.

#20935 3 months ago

Anyone know were I can find a factory key fob for the machine? I bought my premium second hand and didn't have the goodie bag

#20936 3 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think it's the second or third only in tournament mode. Definitely try collecting mystery when not in a mode, multiball, or timed event. It will take a while but it happens eventually. From my audits of the last 1k games it has happened 20 times on my machine. It is rare but I also don't spend time going for it.

20 times in 1000 plays? That is tragic. I hope that gets addressed before the final code update.

#20937 3 months ago

Pretty sure the final code update already happened fella.

#20938 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You have to be really vigilant on this game lighting the 4 D20 die lane lights. Sometimes when catching a ball, it will roll back up the inlane and then back down - use these opportunities to light 2. Always make sure you light one when hitting a ramp & getting a controlled return. This will keep mystery lit frequently & more importantly will get your Bonus X up which is huge for points on STh.

#20939 3 months ago

Coincidentally just got bullshit mode stacked with TK multiball. It was pretty freaking awesome. Just gotta keep getting mystery activated not in a mode and it will come.

#20940 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Coincidentally just got bullshit mode stacked with TK multiball. It was pretty freaking awesome. Just gotta keep getting mystery activated not in a mode and it will come.

You can still get it while in a mode - it's just that Add Time will very likely be the first mystery award you get in a mode. So keep stacking those mysteries up!

#20941 3 months ago

I've really been enjoying my new Stranger Things Premium, but I can really see why Stern has been hesitant to re-run the premium. That TK lock is a POA. I have mine mostly tuned... at atleast I can start a multiball now. I bent back the metal diverter but also found that the plastic in front of it was pushing up against the diverter, causing it to reject balls. I had to slightly widen the holes and push back the plastic in order to make it lock more or less properly. I find that I reliably lock 2, but the third ball always knocks the second loose. It still starts TK multiball though. I also find the projector a pain to get dialed in.

As to replacing the materials for the screen, I will probably buy one of those precut kits when back in stock after others report back on installation. I bought some silver ticket production sheets, installed the first panel, and removed it. The plan was to use double sided sticky tape to install them (easy) and then cut them to size with an XACTO knife. If found it is near impossible to get the material to cut smoothly, even when tracing along the metal edge. You pretty much have to precut that material to get it to work right. If I were to put that much effort into a job, I might as well use the best product.

I've clipped the springs for the drops (easy) and tuned the demogorgon so it shakes better.

Still enjoying the game. Feels MUCH clunkier than the Medieval Madness and AFM it builds from, but its still fun.

#20942 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve done it with quarter hunt too. Whoa baby if you can keep getting add time.

#20943 3 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

You can still get it while in a mode - it's just that Add Time will very likely be the first mystery award you get in a mode. So keep stacking those mysteries up!

It’s guaranteed to be the mystery award every other award if you’re in any mode with a timer including double scoring.

#20944 3 months ago

First time getting to send it back last night! So close to final battle!

IMG_8855 (resized).jpegIMG_8855 (resized).jpeg
#20945 3 months ago

Haha! Well wadda you know!!! JUST got it!

So…. A month and a half and it unlocks in your game

IMG_3329 (resized).pngIMG_3329 (resized).png

#20946 3 months ago

Introducing the upside down magnetic speaker light frame .

Shown With Myth Pinball's flames and stars speaker light mode .. makes an incredible contrast for the design.

PM to get on the list 35 shipped in USA.

Mod Thrad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-light-mod-stern-magnetic-speaker-frame-silhouettes

All frames: playlist

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3YNTj7iTMV46SB4MXtvsh8kv6pJ9fIZP&feature=shared

20240128_171433 (resized).jpg20240128_171433 (resized).jpg20240128_171624 (resized).jpg20240128_171624 (resized).jpg20240128_172921 (resized).jpg20240128_172921 (resized).jpg
#20947 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Haha! Well wadda you know!!! JUST got it!
So…. A month and a half and it unlocks in your game
[quoted image]

So weird I just got it too! Yesterday for me.

I don't really understand Mystery. I've only ever gotten it ~1 in 5 games. I am a bad player tho who only averages 80M-150M

#20948 3 months ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

So weird I just got it too! Yesterday for me.
I don't really understand Mystery. I've only ever gotten it ~1 in 5 games. I am a bad player tho who only averages 80M-150M

Yeah I also got “ Stranger Points” but as soon as I got it I drained so not sure what exactly it is. I can imagine by the name of it though.

#20949 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah I also got “ Stranger Points” but as soon as I got it I drained so not sure what exactly it is. I can imagine by the name of it though.

Stranger Points is just a bonus awarded of 11,011,000 I believe.

#20950 3 months ago

Not sure if it was mentioned. If you put the game on comp mode. Bullshit is the 4th award always.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,453 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 450.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.