IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 543 of 549.
#27101 38 days ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

Do you have PowerBlades in the machine? That transformer does a high pitch whine. Usually I only notice when not playing in silent attract mode.

Took mine off for that very reason. My machine sits along awaiting #2 and the whine was so bad, I could hear it in the next room over.

#27102 38 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

"I laughed. I cried. It was the pinball experience of the year." LoL.
IF the EJ ratings put it in the top 10 right off the bat, recent history shows a group of tomato throwers will rise up, claim to have played a machine barely anyone has (Godfather, I'm looking in your direction) and pelt Elton John with rotten tomatoes: "boring layout. Shots are clunky. Modes are repetitive. Ruleset is difficult to understand. Video integration is lacking. Music is overdone," etc. etc. etc.

Yep. That is why the top 100 is hot garbage. People will down vote a game they don't own or haven't really played to protect the reputation of their own game or just to be a spoiler.

That said, EJ is the best playing JJP game so far. It deserves to get rated well from a game play perspective.

#27103 38 days ago

Not gonna lie, I thought for certain I had a magnetized habitrail, but you were correct! My wire was off. Quick fix!

Thank you Pinside (RonSS walks into the ocean with Pinside).

#27104 38 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Elwin said in a podcast recently that doing the JP 30th Anniversary rules update, adding co-op/team modes, etc. was a significant investment in time and energy for him and Rick Naegele. I got the distinct impression that it was more work than he’d anticipated. Still, it’s Godzilla, for many it’s the GOAT, and still a moneymaker for Stern. Revisiting that code for co-op and some bug fixes would certainly make a lot of people happy. I wouldn’t put it past them to do it given how popular the game is and how many they’ve made…. but probably not a high priority?

I'd be happy if they just fixed the Rampage bug and gave us the "Mini Game" mode Elwin promised over a year ago...

#27105 38 days ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

Do you have PowerBlades in the machine? That transformer does a high pitch whine. Usually I only notice when not playing in silent attract mode.

I sure do. I will look at the animation on them tonight, as well as put my ear near it, and see if it matches when the high pitch comes back.

#27106 38 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I sure do. I will look at the animation on them tonight, as well as put my ear near it, and see if it matches when the high pitch comes back.

Oh ya, def a possibility. The thing you said about it happening during bonus made me think shaker because it cycles during bonuses.

#27107 38 days ago

It is the Shaker!!! I can move it with a finger and it squeaks. What is the fix?

#27108 38 days ago

For shaker squeek, I have one of these. Haven’t used it, haven’t needed it. Cannot claim if it works or not.
https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-600-0559-00_ASSEMBLY

#27109 38 days ago
Quoted from Doctoroctos:

For shaker squeek, I have one of these. Haven’t used it, haven’t needed it. Cannot claim if it works or not.
https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-600-0559-00_ASSEMBLY

I got one of these for a squeaky shaker and it worked.

#27110 38 days ago

Pins

Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Time to pour a drink out on the curb. This is the week Godzilla finally loses the #1 to Elton John. It's a shame, the best shot layout of our generation losing the top spot to the most blatant cut-paste layout ever priced above 10k. The deepest code losing to screensaver photos and no modes. But the worst part is the EJ reviews, several of them read like desperate ad copy written by the same person, like some employee at JJP had a new "marketing strategy" for the Pinside rankings, i.e. spamming them with "greatest machine ever, 12k is a steal, your whole family will love it," etc.

Pinside top 100 is a Joke… too many people being more than biased

#27111 38 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I got one of these for a squeaky shaker and it worked.

I had no idea this even existed...

#27112 38 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I had no idea this even existed...

I believe it reverses the direction of spin on the shaker.

#27113 38 days ago

It is the Shaker!!! I can move it with a finger and it squeaks. What is the fix?

Mine just stopped after a while. It made me chuckle so I left it. Then it just stopped.

#27114 37 days ago

My guy used to have a inni now he has an outie. Anyone ever have this happen?

IMG_1384 (resized).jpegIMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
#27115 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

Oh my!

#27116 37 days ago

IF the EJ ratings put it in the top 10 right off the bat, recent history shows a group of tomato throwers will rise up

Yes, the top 100 list is junk... however, I've played Elton John, and I'm going to say it, the game is fun! Is it 12-15k of fun? No, there is no single game that could get me to plunk that down. However, as a former JJP cheerleader who got burned by QC and electrical design issues, it's the first JJP game in a long time that I found fun.

Just to make that relevant, GZ is better

#27117 37 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Pinside top 100 is a Joke… too many people being more than biased

Sooo…if it is a joke, do you think Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Deadpool should not be rated #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5???

All of these lists are subjective and subject to being skewed for different reasons, but this list is based on a large number of data points. If 1000 pinball hobbyists made a personal top 100 list, every list would be different. I just view the Pinside top 100 as a start point for evaluating machines, along with playing what I can, reviews of others, etc. All to be taken with a grain of salt, but I do think the Pinside top 100 has value.

#27118 37 days ago

I have had them all. Once I got Elton on Christmas it changed my outlook on games. I immediately sold 3 new games and ordered Godzilla premium. Settled on just Elton and zilla to have the two best games ever. My opinion. Elvira was up there too but I owned her for 3 years.
Godzilla is the best playing stern and Elton is to me, the best overall package ever. I’ve raved about it too much actually.
I even sold the PE to get the Ce.

That being said this is a Godzilla thread and Godzilla is a hoot to play. Controlled chaos!

#27119 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

Happens to me when I first wake up in the morning all the time

#27120 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

I recall reading a couple posts on this. Search the thread for suggestions on how to fix because, if I remember correctly, it isn't the easiest fix but it is do-able. I think there is a set screw involved that you may want to add a bit of loctite to prevent from happening again.

#27121 37 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

I recall reading a couple posts on this. Search the thread for suggestions on how to fix because, if I remember correctly, it isn't the easiest fix but it is do-able. I think there is a set screw involved that you may want to add a bit of loctite to prevent from happening again.

ahh thanks, yeah it doesn't look like anything is actually broken, just looks like the magnet came out of its holder or whatever. i figured i would take it apart later today and see what's up. Thanks

#27122 37 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

Sooo…if it is a joke, do you think Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Deadpool should not be rated #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5???
All of these lists are subjective and subject to being skewed for different reasons, but this list is based on a large number of data points. If 1000 pinball hobbyists made a personal top 100 list, every list would be different. I just view the Pinside top 100 as a start point for evaluating machines, along with playing what I can, reviews of others, etc. All to be taken with a grain of salt, but I do think the Pinside top 100 has value.

I would not vote in that way.

The problem is the multitude of people who vote the pins they own as the best but in reality if they own every pin made I guarantee the rating would change for them. So it’s a novelty scale at best

#27123 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

ahh thanks, yeah it doesn't look like anything is actually broken, just looks like the magnet came out of its holder or whatever. i figured i would take it apart later today and see what's up. Thanks

I seem to recall that there's a single large screw in the back that holds that assembly together, and that sandwiching the components together (if disassembled) was said to be labor intensive...

#27124 37 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I seem to recall that there's a single large screw in the back that holds that assembly together, and that sandwiching the components together (if disassembled) was said to be labor intensive...

Gotcha, Thanks for that info. I will check it out

#27125 37 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

The reason it is...only so so accurate is that the vast majority don't care enough to vote. Much like rallies and primaries, only the most dedicated crazies partake and they tend to be the most vocal both with what they love and what they hate.

It's one thing to care enough to vote on games, but anyone who takes the actual time to purposely tank other game ratings is not right in the head. Period. Among the other things they probably do.

#27126 37 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Yes, I had to take Mecha apart to put the yellow LED eyes in. It was very doable once, I figured where all the screws were (top and bottom of PF) to pull it out. Hopefully the screw is still around somewhere inside the body.

#27127 37 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Yes, I had to take Mecha apart to put the yellow LED eyes in. It was very doable once, I figured where all the screws were (top and bottom of PF) to pull it out. Hopefully the screw is still around somewhere inside the body.

im hoping the same thing lol thanks

#27128 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Gotcha, Thanks for that info. I will check it out

I had the same thing happen.
The screw could be anywhere but I found mine wedged between the two light sockets under his arm.
Had to remove the plastics there and used an extendable small magnet to get it out.

GZ_Mecha_elbow (resized).jpgGZ_Mecha_elbow (resized).jpg
#27129 37 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

im hoping the same thing lol thanks

Here is the picture I used from the manual to figure out where all the screws were supposed to be. And use blue locktight to keep the screw in place this time. Good Luck.

Mecha1 (resized).jpgMecha1 (resized).jpg

#27130 37 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Here is the picture I used from the manual to figure out where all the screws were supposed to be. And use blue locktight to keep the screw in place this time. Good Luck.
[quoted image]

thank you for this..

#27131 37 days ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

I had the same thing happen.
The screw could be anywhere but I found mine wedged between the two light sockets under his arm.
Had to remove the plastics there and used an extendable small magnet to get it out.[quoted image]

ok good info thanks.. hopefully i will find mine

#27132 37 days ago

Gotta say, all these flattering comments about the Elton John machine really make me want to play it

#27133 37 days ago

Gotta say, all these flattering comments about the Elton John machine really make me want to play it

I enjoyed it. As fun as destroying Tokyo? Maybe not, but its got a great beat and you can dance to it.

#27134 36 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

I had this happen. There is a small screw on his back which came loose. It needs to be screwed back in. I believe when mine happened I found it under the playfield in the cabinet. Use a small dab of locktite on the screw to stop it from happening again.

You will need to push the outie all the way in and hold it tight as you screw in. It wasn't too difficult.

#27135 36 days ago

Hey gang- popping in to let you know about the availability of our new cabinet lighting kit that integrates the ever-so-popular Flamin’ Frames from speakerlightkits.com.
The kit extends the light show from the speakers to the backbox and the undercabinet.
Thanks to Joel Engelberth for the support in testing this kit and to Dan at PinWoofer for the infrastructure development.
Questions best to [email protected]

https://mezelmods.com/products/flaming-pinball-cabinet-lighting-expansion-kit

IMG_3626 (resized).pngIMG_3626 (resized).png
#27136 36 days ago

Just had a good chuckle...My second ball drained quickly while having a terrible game when I decided to reset for a new game. Something I've only done a few times in my life. It happened just as the last ball was coming into the shooting lane and the call out was ,"It appears we have gone back in time to Ball 1!" Too funny.

#27137 36 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Just had a good chuckle...My second ball drained quickly while having a terrible game when I decided to reset for a new game. Something I've only done a few times in my life. It happened just as the last ball was coming into the shooting lane and the call out was ,"It appears we have gone back in time to Ball 1!" Too funny.

Try it a couple more times, it gets funnier.

#27138 36 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Something I've only done a few times in my life.

Suuuuuurreeee....

You can also look forward to "king of the restarts."

not that I would know

#27139 35 days ago

Thanks to John from 1956PINHEAD for being at TPF. I finally got a lot of flippers upgraded.

IMG_5739 (resized).jpegIMG_5739 (resized).jpegIMG_5740 (resized).jpegIMG_5740 (resized).jpeg
#27140 35 days ago

Thanks to John from 1956PINHEAD for being at TPF. I finally got a lot of flippers upgraded.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tell me how they made a difference in game play. I watched a video of TPF by "In Before the Lock", where he was interviewed. A comment about turning down the flipper power and less wobble and resistance in the bearing.

#27141 34 days ago

Well I haven't seen this yet. My building goes all the way up and the motor doesn't stop it just sits there grinding. It just says moving to home and the position number just keeps climbing. The flipper buttons have no effect and I can't change position of the building. Is there a switch that supposed to tell it when it's at the top.

#27142 34 days ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Well I haven't seen this yet. My building goes all the way up and the motor doesn't stop it just sits there grinding. It just says moving to home and the position number just keeps climbing. The flipper buttons have no effect and I can't change position of the building. Is there a switch that supposed to tell it when it's at the top.

I had the same issue early on with mine and it was just a set screw on the belt pully was loose and not on the flat spot on the shaft.

#27143 34 days ago
Quoted from Busaturbo:

I had the same issue early on with mine and it was just a set screw on the belt pully was loose and not on the flat spot on the shaft.

Thanks it ended up being switch 55. There's a piece of metal on the building that closes the switch but the switch is damaged and hanging below the metal. I had some thick tape that I put on the metal for a bush fix until I get a new switch.

PXL_20240324_221836300 (resized).jpgPXL_20240324_221836300 (resized).jpg
#27144 34 days ago

Hey guys...trying to figure out the parts needed to replace the shaft and spacer at the top of the right outlane. I was trying to tighten up my oxygen destroyer mod and sheared off the threads. Didn't see this listed in any of the parts lists in the manual. Help!

#27145 34 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

Hey guys...trying to figure out the parts needed to replace the shaft and spacer at the top of the right outlane. I was trying to tighten up my oxegyn destroyer mod and sheared off the threads. Didn't see this listed in any of the parts lists in the manual. Help!
[quoted image]

Exact same thing happened to me, the included spacer shears off easily.

Here is the post that is stock on the machine:
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html

I don't remember which of these I used for the spacer but I ordered all 3 and ended up going with one of them:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacer-58-6-32-thread-malefemale.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/254-5049-03
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacer-58-6-32-thread-malefemale-18191.html

#27146 34 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Exact same thing happened to me, the included spacer shears off easily.
Here is the post that is stock on the the machine:
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html
I don't remember which of these I used for the spacer but I ordered all 3 and ended up going with one of them:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacer-58-6-32-thread-malefemale.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/254-5049-03
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacer-58-6-32-thread-malefemale-18191.html

Thanks a million! I really appreciate it.

#27147 33 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Tell me how they made a difference in game play. I watched a video of TPF by "In Before the Lock", where he was interviewed. A comment about turning down the flipper power and less wobble and resistance in the bearing.

I had to dial down the power after install and can make every shot with ease. Game was on for 5 or more hours yesterday and all felt good. The upper flipper really had to be dialed down and once it was perfected I hit 6 loops in a row... only owned the game for a week. I wanted these on for long-term play and they also look good on the game.

#27148 33 days ago

Pinball Life sent their part to reverse the spin of the Shaker and the noise is gone. Thanks to them and everyone here for the help.

#27149 33 days ago

I had to dial down the power after install and can make every shot with ease. Game was on for 5 or more hours yesterday and all felt good. The upper flipper really had to be dialed down and once it was perfected I hit 6 loops in a row... only owned the game for a week. I wanted these on for long-term play and they also look good on the game.

Thanks for that added info @flipperstick. Would mind sharing what values you found worked for each flipper? I have mine on stock setting so far.Thanks.

#27150 33 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Thanks for that added info @flipperstick. Would mind sharing what values you found worked for each flipper? I have mine on stock setting so far.Thanks.

FWIW: I put Precision's metal flipper bushings ($25 each) on the three flippers on my AIQ. Didn't buy the entire flipper kit because many say switching from the plastic Stern bushings to the Precision metal bushings gets you most of the benefit from an entire flipper kit. And, they're right. The metal bushings made my Stern flippers more responsive and powerful. I turned down the power a little on each flipper because of it. And this is mitigating the need for flipper coolers because the coils are not working as hard. So I would give a bushing switch a try before going for the whole swap out.

And be careful about Precision's Halo flipper paddles: I know an operator who has had several of them break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 543 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/543 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.