(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 9 years ago

This is the worst update thread ever, but I admire your passion, Iceman!

I would be interested to hear if they are looking into having Stern make their games as with the MMR.

4 months later
#303 9 years ago

Iceman, light a fire under your boy!

#426 9 years ago

At key points of the game the porthole opens and produces an NDA which must be signed before gameplay continues

#480 9 years ago

I think it's likely that by next expo it has an entirely new art package

#838 9 years ago

I'm with RobT. That was a nice jpop post and I'm pulling for you guys. I just hope that doesnt buy a year of silence. He needs to give you guys a schedule and update on milestones

1 month later
#1956 9 years ago

Did he remove the fish eye lens at least?

#2324 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

zidware_genie_jambi.jpg 28 KB

Post pics of the RAZA pf cad drawing. That one is fairly detailed

#2627 9 years ago

Just wanted to point out that Lando's clothes at the end of ESB were originally Lando's and not Han's. Lando got to reclaim his wardrobe after the carbonite incident. Rightful dibs and all that

4 weeks later
#3605 9 years ago

anyone else excited and/or disturbed by EYE-GOO inserts?

1 month later
#4143 9 years ago

Somebody get Iceman a Shiner Bock, stat!

#4443 9 years ago

I would like to post a picture of my liquid dinner, but I don't want to get lumped in with Eggbert and other drunk pinsiders.

1 month later
#6168 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well...that was off topic.

You should sign up for a new account when trying to make the Jpop thread about JJP. PM Pinchili, he can tell you how to do it

#6245 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He hasn't changed a single thing about how he does anything this entire time.
I just don't understand.

I think you can't understand it because it is not something grounded in reality.

A buddy of mine used to be into real estate and finance, focusing in mortgages in distress. He said in nearly every case, the homeowners would be oblivious to the walls closing in around them, despite every possible warning, and blatantly ignoring countless phone calls and letters. While there was still a sliver of a chance to save something they were completely in denial or delusional. In the homeowners' minds there would always be some miracle coming in the 11th hour that would make everything right. The miracle would never happen and they would lose everything.

So that's some OT digression, but I think of him describing that every time I visit the Jpop thread.

#6440 9 years ago

Have fun at the Masters, Ice! I'm super envious

I don't know how anyone could ever trust or deal with Jpop again. Only if he makes that Josie and the Pussycats bowling game would I consider an immediate preorder.

#6882 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I don't think Ice has been drinking. I think his proposal to increase build numbers in order to make such a project realistic is totally logical. I agree, increased numbers are the only chance this whole thing still might fly.
QSS

I would be far more interested in buying a new pin from the hypothetical group of pinhead SMEs than from jpop.

That's understating it, as I would not buy anything from jpop, ever. It does not matter to me the price or the product. In my mind the dishonesty puts him on the level of Vonnie D, Mad Amusements, Choggard, or Kevin Kulek.

So in reference to Ice's idea of increasing the run sizes to get things done, I'd only consider buying a pin if jpop had no affiliation with the new company.

#6889 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking most people feel that way too, but, we know pinheads are very fickle and IF MG's actually get made and IF they kick ass, gotta believe it could turn around in a hurry.

I absolutely agree, and I may be in the minority. It's just one guy's opinion, if you were estimating potential orders

#6968 9 years ago

You forgot the best and possibly most appropriate Cocktail quote! "Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."

#7362 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Kaneda has been around for a while.

not all that long, but it seems like a lifetime

1 week later
#7734 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

WOW, you have sunk to an all time low. Calling Kim a Nazi just because he tried to help makes you an <edited> bigger than any I have EVER seen on Pinside. I suggest you publicly apologize for that and then go <edit> yourself.

that.gifthat.gif

2 weeks later
#8550 8 years ago

Stay strong, Whysnow!

whysnow-after-visiting-jpop.jpgwhysnow-after-visiting-jpop.jpg
#8807 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

not again with those hinges. He's been talking about those hinges for 3 years.

Hinges are ok, but just wait til you see how he paints backbox vents!

1 week later
#11890 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

On another somewhat related note, does anyone know if John will remove the drawing of his lucky cat from the playfield or double-down and add a second cat?
fraudalert.png (Click image to enlarge)

Cmon was there ever a doubt? Forget two, this is John's 'fk everything we're going five blades' moment

1 week later
#13436 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here here, I'll drink to that!

Mods, we have a code "burnt orange!" Limber the banfinger

#13590 8 years ago

Is it possible John stopped paying applesauce before the code to tweak flipper strength was written?

#13620 8 years ago

What is the story with the green face in the backbox? Is it a hologram?

#13628 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Game has apparently got over a dozen magnets and a vacuum. Also a spinning disc with rough surface just above left inlane

What's the scoop on the vacuum?

#13638 8 years ago

Does it matter though? The area around the "dmd" portion of the lcd is window dressing isn't it?

#13919 8 years ago

ZY, exercise your right to use the pinside ignore feature and your experience will be much improved.

#14833 8 years ago

Magic Girl vanished
Great harm has been caused to all
Where art thou, Liger?

#15504 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Likely John has racked up a fairly large Salary liability from Zidware since he says he hasn't been paid since Nov. 2014. The value of this he can claim half of as a business investment loss against his personal income, as of the date it was deemed doubtful. So personally he will not pay a lot of tax either, and depending on how much he claims Zidware owes him, he could get out of paying any tax at all.

Mind blown. Could he join with Zane Smith to sue Zidware for unpaid wages?

#15605 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The funny thing is that even with the quote from JPop that you posted, I still have no idea what he's thinking...

He's thinking, "where my 3 dolla coffee at?!?" Followed by, "how do I pull off double layered color contrasting socks teamed with the freshest new yellow sneaks and not clash with my orange home perm?"

And finally, "ohhh yeah, plenty of purple LEDs, baybee!"

1 year later
#21121 7 years ago

It's Shiner:30 at iceman's!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=erik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.