(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 490.
#23901 6 years ago

OK......it's 3 hours later............I've had several cocktails now.

F#ck Jpoop!!!!!

QSS

Jpoop (resized).jpgJpoop (resized).jpg

#23902 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

F#ck Jpoop!!!!!
QSS

LMFAO

#23903 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

F#ck Jpoop!!!!!
QSS

You are allowed to say fuck

#23904 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You are allowed to say fuck

Reported.

#23905 6 years ago

Watch him win a "Designer of the year" award or be inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame.

#23906 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Watch him win a "Designer of the year" award or be inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame.

John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame, October 22, 2011. It was one of the reasons I trusted and believed in him 7 years ago.

#23907 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame, October 22, 2011. It was one of the reasons I trusted and believed in him 7 years ago.

Fixed:
John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Shame, October 22, 2011.

#23908 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Funny, I was there but did not attend the banquet to witness it. I thought he was inducted but couldn't find it on the Expo website.

#23909 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Funny, I was there but did not attend the banquet to witness it. I thought he was inducted but couldn't find it on the Expo website.

towards bottom of page
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2011/index5.html

#23910 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame, October 22, 2011.

Quoted from MrBally:

I thought he was inducted but couldn't find it on the Expo website.

expo03.jpgexpo03.jpg

#23911 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I thought he was inducted but couldn't find it

Should read as, Indicted.

#23912 6 years ago

I've stayed out of this thread, but BE NICE TO GARY CARTER! Especially in an Expos uniform.

Great work connecting those dots though. :slow clap:

#23913 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Didn't you know hall of fame is for people that have already done their best work and are usually well into retirement?

#23914 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Should read as, Indicted.

Now, THAT'S funny as hell!!!

#23915 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Isn’t Mike Pacak behind the expo HOF? I wouldn’t trust it based on that fact.

#23916 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Isn’t Mike Pacak behind the expo HOF? I wouldn’t trust it based on that fact.

I believe Rob Berk is the primary Judge for the Expo HOF.

#23917 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I believe Rob Berk is the primary Judge for the Expo HOF.

Haven’t dealt with him.

#23918 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Be nice to see some more jon norris designs

Norris had a lot of cool ideas and unique layouts at Gottlieb, they just blew it much of the time with rules/code rushing stuff to production.

#23919 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Can they rescind this? They should ASAP.

#23920 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can they rescind this? They should ASAP.

Plaintiffs can sell the plaque at a garage sale.

#23921 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Plaintiffs can sell the plaque at a garage sale.

Maybe it can be auctioned off. I want it and would bid.

#23922 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

But seriously, Oursler and Nordman know their shit,
I wonder what convinced them to sign up for this shit show?

Because they know it?

1 week later
#23923 6 years ago

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:

"Questions

Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?

Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Yes!

#23924 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:
"Questions
Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?
Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."
Yes!

And why I can never support them.

#23925 6 years ago

Not trying to open any wounds but how much money did JPOP take?

#23926 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lets put it this way: If he were in the mob, you probably would never see him again.

QSS

#23927 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

“Crumbs” according to his buddy

#23928 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Crumbs” according to his buddy

Nancy? ..

#23929 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And why I can never support them.

Isn't it good he is working on the games that people paid for?

#23930 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At this point, it's only good if he SHIPS the games people paid for. He "worked on" those games for 5 years already

#23931 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No its not. I'm one that lost and he keeps dragging it on and on. His designs are trash. Look at what he has done recently and you see it's all garbage. He's toxic and will ruin Deeproot. None of us can ever forget Jpoop and the dark spot he left on the hobby.

I have 0 confidence in Jpop ever producing a well laid out and fun game ever again.

#23932 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No its not. I'm one that lost and he keeps dragging it on and on. His designs are trash. Look at what he has done recently and you see it's all garbage. He's toxic and will ruin Deeproot. None of us can ever forget Jpoop and the dark spot he left on the hobby.
I have 0 confidence in Jpop ever producing a well laid out and fun game ever again.

But jPoop isn't Deeproot. If I had money with zidware, I'd be rooting for these guys all day long. Lawsuits will go nowhere, so might as well try to get something.

#23933 6 years ago

John designed some very good games for Williams, I own two of them, TOTAN and CV. He is not a good business man and he is not one to put it all together which he thought he could. Wayne Gilliard thought he could remake MM and I was one of the first to get in line with a $2,500 deposit. Six years later I had nothing, but did get my money back in full. I do not think he ever got the game done, but Planetary did after he sold them the rights. John's problem was the small number of games he wanted to produce. I don't see how at even 12K a piece he could recoup the money needed to tool for the game and make things specifically for it with such a small production number of 12 or even 25. Games have to be make in the thousands to make the work involved pay off. I was almost in for an AIW, but could not stomach the deposit after my experience with MM and I'm glad I didn't. I would still purchase a AIW at a lower price, but more units would have to be made and those who are already in, need to be made whole and some of their money refunded if the price is lower because of a larger run. I hope Deeproot has a plan that will fix this mess. Magic Girl will probably never be revisited...how can it be unless it is completed and all new games are sold at the price people have already paid for them in the first wave. I cannot see that happening. I hope John goes back to his Williams roots and abandons his Zidware spin on his designs because they look plain CHEAP with art that is fantastic, but in the end art is not what makes a game good or great.

#23934 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

He is not a good business man and he is not one to put it all together which he thought he could.

He was collecting money on what... like 5 machines when he knew he couldn't make them. He's a crook! Period!

#23935 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He was collecting money on what... like 5 machines when he knew he couldn't make them. He's a crook! Period!

And he is not a good designer. Those games he designed had people step in to fix them. I guess he's a concept guy, and a crook.

#23936 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I guess he's a concept guy, and a crook.

And not necessarily in that order!

#23938 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

And did it for I’d say at least 2 yrs before that fateful expo with the other Lebowski crooks

It was shocking some of those conversations I had with him post expo

I don’t believe he ever had intention of making those pins himself. He knew he couldn’t. His massive ego believed someone would step in and bail him out at some point. And I guess they now have

All the while all he worried about was getting himself paid a salary with enticing more and more deposit funds from unsuspecting people.

#23940 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

» YouTube video

This is a variation on a REAL thing called the Dunning-Kruger effect. Those with the most limited amount of information think they are masters of the domain.

3 weeks later
#23941 6 years ago

60 posts shy of 24K!

Can we say this one is now transferred to the Deeproot thread?

thread's dead (resized).jpgthread's dead (resized).jpg

1 month later
#23942 5 years ago

BOOM!!!! We won. JPop eats it.

#23943 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

more deets please

#23944 5 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I don't see how at even 12K a piece he could recoup the money needed to tool for the game and make things specifically for it with such a small production number of 12 or even 25. Games have to be make in the thousands to make the work involved pay off.

Ofcourse JPOP can! The mistake he made was he sold the games too cheap! He should do his next pin for $150.000 a piece with only 10 made!

He will assemble them in his backyard.

#23945 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Do tell!

#23946 5 years ago

Hey Hilton! Could you help me out with something? I would like to see how much F#$%^ng money we pinheads have collectively WASTED, or thrown away to these sheisters. Is there some way you could produce an estimate of how much the (four?) big failures have cost us? I can't come up with reliable estimated sales for the latest failures. Anyway....

We were in court in Cook County yesterday. Me and the rest of the claimants were there to have an actual trial FINALLY. There were 6 of us representing the entire class. Jpop was there as well. He brought a whiteboard? I think it was magic girl but I did not see it actually used, just sat there. Still no shooter lane...

My testimony was very straightforward and took 5 minutes. I paid, he did not produce, give me money back. In the end that is what the judge agreed to for me. I get all my money back. I am not going to discuss the other claimants settlements, although I will say no one got less than me. Defendant attempted to squeal about more than one issue. For example at the outset he attempted to split the claims into 26 separate small claims (side note - in a VERY BUSY courthouse like Cook County suggesting that increasing the workload by a factor of 26X to a judge does not seem like a smart tactic). In my opinion defense did not present any defense at all. Just procedural shenanigans.

Also personal liability was found, corporate veil pierced. Told ya JPop. If you don't run it like a business you can't use it to hide behind. That is what the Court found.

Just to make sure everyone knows the kind of person we were dealing with. Zidware sued us. Last week I think, or week before. Two separate lawsuits each for $50,001. Demanding full payment. He paid over $1,000 to file those lawsuits. He actually demanded that we f&^%$ng pay up for machines that are never going to be made. Dismissed I think. But still, the nerve to demand that I pay more money at this point.

tldr - we won, judgement against jpop. time to collect. does anyone remember me saying that collecting was my FAVORITE part? Gonna be a fun ride , get ready ! I think I may know a guy...

#23947 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

60 posts shy of 24K!
Can we say this one is now transferred to the Deeproot thread?

24K by today.

#23948 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

produce an estimate of how much the (four?) big failures have cost us?

4?
JPop, Heighway Pinball, Skit-B and... ?

#23949 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

4?
JPop, Heighway Pinball, Skit-B and... ?

...Dutch Pinball?

#23950 5 years ago

Imagine he means DP and yea they have, no matter what the outcome is the money has been gone for years and well opportunity costs are through the roof!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 49.99
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.