(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 490.
#20601 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Spirit flys super cheap between pdx and O'Hara.
Last time I booked was about $140 RT.
Airline sucks but it's cheap

That's crazy good... half of what I would consider a "good" round trip price ($275-350)!

#20602 7 years ago

You'd have to be insane to fly Spirit. All I've ever heard are horror stories by people shocked that they have paid to make their own lives hell just to save 50 bucks by booking Spirit.

Don't do it.

#20603 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd have to be insane to fly Spirit. All I've ever heard are horror stories by people shocked that they have paid to make their own lives hell just to save 50 bucks by booking Spirit.
Don't do it.

I went with Spirit from Chicago to Las Vegas. NEVER again! Air Cattle herding, horrible.

#20604 7 years ago

ha yeah Spirit is rough but I still book em.
Pack light and try to upgrade your seat is my advice.

#20606 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

concretehardt call Zane and find out if Illinois court rules allow you to video-conference or phone in for your deposition. Then you can save $$$ for your trip to be a witness if it goes to trial.
If you do fly, ALASKA is the way to go since Chicago is their eastern-most hub and they usually have good deals for that route (I fly to PDX from O'Hare more often than to SEA due to price difference, having friends in both places, and liking the drive between the two cities).
Anyway, the notices (at least according to the docket) went out two weeks ago (Jan. 17) and would have been certified mail so it would be weird for you not to get it (unless all of them went to the Plaintiff's attorney instead).

Quoted from rommy:

I have received no certified mail in this matter as of business yesterday.

So people being deposed in one week are still missing a certified request that was mailed two weeks ago? Wonder where the mail went, who signed for it and why the timeframe is so short it precludes people from being able to make reasonable travel plans?

#20607 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

If there's a court case, pleasepleaseplease let there be audio recordings. The Predator's Court is the hottest pinball podcast out right now.

Link?

#20608 7 years ago

Doesn't need to be brought here. Keep this JPop. Go read the Predator thread for links.

#20609 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

WTF is a warranty needed for when no games are available? WTF. Again. WTF.

"The saga continues behind the scenes."
However, not quite as interesting as the Kulek case, yet...

#20610 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

wait... JPOP spending money on fruitless paths without considering the long term consequence? who is surprised?

Yeah, not surprised by the actions...surprised that he has the money to spend.

#20611 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I have received no certified mail in this matter as of business yesterday.

If you are referring to your deposition notice, normally that is something that you would receive from your own attorney advising you of the date and time. I would contact your attorney's office and find out if your deposition has been set.

If it has and your attorney hasn't informed you, well, that's not acceptable.

#20612 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, not surprised by the actions...surprised that he has the money to spend.

Well he's been earning a great salary for a few years...

#20613 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well he's been earning a great salary for a few years...

Hahahaha!

I don't believe it! Flynnibus made me laugh!!

#20614 7 years ago

I'm one of the Jpop plaintiffs. I've received no email or snail mail regarding the plaintiff depositions on 10th February- no correspondence, emails, texts, phone calls or other modes of human communication whatsoever. I have emailed Zane Smith and his paralegal twice, and have received no reply. This is most disappointing.

#20615 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you are referring to your deposition notice, normally that is something that you would receive from your own attorney advising you of the date and time. I would contact your attorney's office and find out if your deposition has been set.
If it has and your attorney hasn't informed you, well, that's not acceptable.

I have received nothing from the attorney Zane Smith re the 10th February deposition, despite chasing twice including copying in his new paralegal. I agree that it's not acceptable...

#20616 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I am also a plaintiff in the Kevin Kulek case

Jesus.

#20617 7 years ago

For our attorneys here...could the case be moved to Keith?

#20618 7 years ago

I would love to see Keith handle this one. He is ideal for the Predator case since he's in MI.

#20619 7 years ago

Without mentioning the "Ka-need..." username.. there is a great interview with zombi yeti.

#20620 7 years ago

I had completely stopped following the Predator mess, until it was mentioned above. After listening to the two audio files of the court hearing I could not help but think of the similarity to the Jpop matter the whole way through. I took no pleasure in Kevin's pain, but I think standing in front of a judge who was threatening to haul him directly to jail helped to put things in perspective. *These are serious criminal cases with dozens of victims.* It would be therapeutic for all involved in this case to hear Jpop have his day in court and be confronted with the specter of going directly to jail if he doesn't start fessing up to the truth. I fear that anything short of that will not jar him out of his denial. Hopefully his day in court comes sooner than later.

#20621 7 years ago

Do some of you guys have to go to that Deposition Hearing on the 10th? Or, can you just "phone it in"? That's a heck of a burden to put on you all.

Mike in Kentucky

#20622 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Do some of you guys have to go to that Deposition Hearing on the 10th? Or, can you just "phone it in"? That's a heck of a burden to put on you all.
Mike in Kentucky

I'm sure that was the intent.

#20623 7 years ago

Nobody gonna post on how the depositions went today?

#20624 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Nobody gonna post on how the depositions went today?

If nobody went cause no letters went out summoning people... seems like it would have been over quick! Ha!

#20625 7 years ago

5 4 3 2 1

comic-book-explosion-boom-10708566 (resized).jpgcomic-book-explosion-boom-10708566 (resized).jpg

#20626 7 years ago

Hello,

At this time I would like to announce that your Magic GirlTM custom pinball machine has been built. It has been assembled by hand utilizing the highest quality material, design and parts and is in final testing and packing now. It can be picked up or shipping arrangements will need to be made.
The games have been made under my design, direction and oversight, with many custom features all standard. We have tried to make a really finely crafted original themed pinball with mostly USA made parts.
Starting a boutique pinball company, and trying to manufacture a truly innovative product has been the most challenging thing I have ever undertaken in my life. It was not as easy as my mind conceived, and certainly more than my WMS days. That is the simple truth and as a pinball designer I have learned a lot of life skills, like humility.

But I am pleased to be able to send this letter out to you and proud of the new games we have made here in Chicago. I am endeavoring to work hard and continue on finish the other games on my drawing board at this time. Please email me or Scott Goldberg

([email protected]) with any questions and to make arrangements.

John Popadiuk

[email protected]

#20627 7 years ago

Holy shit, I wonder what the final game looks like.

#20628 7 years ago

Wow. Can't wait to see it. Good news though I guess. Even if it's crap it's got to be better than nothing, right? The history of the game alone will ensure some kind of value to it if nothing else.

#20629 7 years ago

After everything we've been through, I'm highly suspect of this "mission accomplished" announcement of finished games, when no one has seen a playable one. These things are supposed to be going into boxes?

#20630 7 years ago

I'll believe it when I see video footage of a coded game

#20631 7 years ago

Good Evening and Happy Sunday

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting some of you in person and have spoken to others on the phone over the last few months and I’m happy to report Magic Girls are complete!

While I know many of you have been waiting for years, and may have given up hope, the truth of the matter is John along with the team at American Pinball have made that dream a reality. American Pinball has been involved as a 3rd party contract manufacturer through this process. It’s important to be clear here that the machines were built to the original Zidware specifications. These are 100% Zidware machines, so any questions should go directly to John and myself.

The machines will be ready for pick up or deliveries later this month. Please respond to this email with how you’d like to coordinate efforts and we’ll go from there as there may be some accounting details to be figured out.

Please also see the attached letter from John with a few more details.

Thanks again and talk soon,
Scott

#20632 7 years ago

I suppose it's possible the games delivered with resemble the barely playable version Pintasia had. Just enough to fulfill his obligations and hopefully squash the court case.

But delivering a 1/2 working box of lights won't do much to rehab his reputation, and there is the little matter that RAZA buyers outnumber magic girl buyers by 5 times.

#20633 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

After everything we've been through, I'm highly suspect of this "mission accomplished" announcement of finished games, when no one has seen a playable one. These things are supposed to be going into boxes?

A game play video would have been the bomb, but some pics would have been sweet, too. There are only a low number of MG's to be made. I'll bet they could fit in a small corner of a warehouse and easily fit into one snapshot. Guess I am highly skeptical until some physical proof is offered.

#20634 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A game play video would have been the bomb, but some pics would have been sweet, too. Guess I am highly skeptical.

If they don't show it, it's because it probably doesn't show well.

The contract manufacturing part of this equation doesn't seem like it matters much. John could have put together prototypes on his own. Hell, he was offering to fly around the country to build machines for people in their homes. His real challenge was the fact that so much of Magic Girl was missing and he needed engineers to finish designing mechanisms and stuff.

Again, all of our doubts can be squashed with video of a 3 ball game. But until that happens we are right to be skeptical of all of this.

#20635 7 years ago

How expensive was magic girl? Is 16k right? And how many in units?

#20636 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Hello,
At this time I would like to announce that your Magic GirlTM custom pinball machine has been built. It has been assembled by hand utilizing the highest quality material, design and parts and is in final testing and packing now. It can be picked up or shipping arrangements will need to be made.
The games have been made under my design, direction and oversight, with many custom features all standard. We have tried to make a really finely crafted original themed pinball with mostly USA made parts.
Starting a boutique pinball company, and trying to manufacture a truly innovative product has been the most challenging thing I have ever undertaken in my life. It was not as easy as my mind conceived, and certainly more than my WMS days. That is the simple truth and as a pinball designer I have learned a lot of life skills, like humility.
But I am pleased to be able to send this letter out to you and proud of the new games we have made here in Chicago. I am endeavoring to work hard and continue on finish the other games on my drawing board at this time. Please email me or Scott Goldberg
([email protected]) with any questions and to make arrangements.
John Popadiuk
[email protected]

Well it's not April 1st so I guess I'm dreaming right now!

#20637 7 years ago

Cher, cockroaches...and apparently now, Jpop!

#20638 7 years ago

The machines will be ready for pick up or deliveries later this month.

There we go. So they aren't ready yet, but they hope they will be in 2 weeks?

#20639 7 years ago

The games have been made under my design, direction and oversight, with many custom features all standard. We have tried to make a

If a feature is custom, then how can it be standard?

#20640 7 years ago

Wait so like 3 days ago there's supposed to be a court case nobody got invited to, and today Magic Girl is apparently a thing??

I feel like we're missing some steps in the middle.

... also, any pics?

#20641 7 years ago

I bet someone here has a picture or video of the finished game. Let's see it!

#20642 7 years ago

This is certainly an interesting development.

My guess is a stripped down version with basic scoring. It would be great to be wrong here though.

#20643 7 years ago

I wonder who coded it?

#20644 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder who coded it?

Top men......

#20645 7 years ago

..with the best "words" for code.

#20646 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't do it.

I was nervous to do it, but I flew Spirit from Minneapolis to Chicago for Pinball Expo. Figured it was an hour flight, so why not, but I needed to be there by a certain time so I was worried about delays. I was very pleasantly surprised. I just walked on with no carry on as a friend had driven my bag to Chicago a day earlier. I knew about all the fees, so I made sure I needed nothing extra. Plane was actually early and only half full. Got there with plenty of time to get to the Stern Tour at Expo and it only cost me $37 total. The airport taxes and fees were actually more than the plane ticket itself ($19 vs $18). I don't think I would use Spirit if flying a long distance and I certainly wouldn't if I was flying with my family and a bunch of bags, but for this situation it was absolutely perfect and I would do it again under the same circumstances.

#20647 7 years ago

See post 20332

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder who coded it?

#20648 7 years ago

I don't think that is correct. Jim was the original programmer before the shit hit the fan. As far as I know, he has had nothing to do with it since.

#20649 7 years ago

Until we hear otherwise,that's the current state of the software on MG.

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

I don't think that is correct. Jim was the original programmer before the shit hit the fan. As far as I know, he has had nothing to do with it since.

#20650 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Until we hear otherwise,that's the current state of the software on MG.

Fair point!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/413 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.