(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 486 of 490.
#24251 5 years ago

"No pinball for you"

"Screwed by JPop"

"All I got was this crappy t-shirt"

"Thief"

"Failure"

"Dilettante"

"Zidware, Pinball for Crooks"

#24252 5 years ago

Funny, like his pinball machines that t-shirt isn't even finished

#24253 5 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Funny, like his pinball machines that t-shirt isn't even finished

This is my fault. John had some pointless word in there like "Wow!" or "Zing!" and I suggested he just make it blank for custom phrases, signatures, etc.

#24254 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is my fault. John had some pointless word in there like "Wow!" or "Zing!" and I suggested he just make it blank for custom phrases, signatures, etc.

lets not use the word fault as it has possibly now worked out to be fun & advantageous for us ..... lets call it divine influence

#24255 5 years ago

Everyone should just walk out en masse as soon as Jpop is introduced or says anything. Of course then you won’t get to learn about how they’ve gone beyond quad manufacturing and why pinball is so easy for them.

Sounds like a good trade to me. Seriously, aren’t the days of “come, here us wax poetic about how great we are at building pinballs 9-12 months before we have anything to show or sell” over?

#24256 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Seriously, aren’t the days of “come, here us wax poetic about how great we are at building pinballs 9-12 months before we have anything to show or sell” over?

2014 called.

1 month later
#24257 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Ewwwwww. Good thing it is corporate policy for all deeproot employees and contractors to wear appropriate attire at all times.

Which of these is the company uniform?

Deeproot_attire (resized).jpgDeeproot_attire (resized).jpg
#24258 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Which of these is the company uniform?
[quoted image]

Both, the Stripe uniform is for casual Friday

#24259 5 years ago

Will sell bootleg Zidware shirts for refunds...

2 weeks later
#24260 5 years ago

Wasn't Jpop at Expo? Any confrontations?

#24261 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Yes he was. I was in the seminar and I did not see any real confrontations. I heard some negative comments, well deserved, but nothing threatening.

#24262 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Yes, he was there and as far as confrontations, people did not hold "back".

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpegbdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg

#24263 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

This pic screams "listen here, buddy"

#24264 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Dude on the left was overheard saying, "I'm just here to party."

#24265 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Wow, still rockin’ the skullet too

#24266 5 years ago

I initially thought it was amazing he actually showed his face at Expo. Then I quickly realized, of course he would... Under the skullet is an astronaut sized heap of arrogance that feels he did nothing wrong. Remember, "pinball is hard." Surprised he wasn't harassed or his bicycle set on fire in the parking lot.

Bilking hundreds of thousands of dollars from Pinsiders in a fraudulent ponzi scheme must be A-okay in JPop's book. Wonder what the other folks on the Deep Root panel honestly feel about JPop?

#24267 5 years ago

Magic Girl for sale in Seattle for $14000. Is that the original price? This guy's not trying to cash in it seems.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-interesting-craigslist-finds/page/13#post-4660474

#24268 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Magic Girl for sale in Seattle for $14000. Is that the original price? This guy's not trying to cash in it seems.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-interesting-craigslist-finds/page/13#post-4660474

Well if you knew a working version of magic girl was possibly coming out from deeproot, wouldn't you try to dump it too? It's sort of like a year ago when you started to see people throw up their monster bashes for sale.

#24269 5 years ago

I never understood the people who payed $20K+ for the MG's. Even when they didn't think there was a possibility of more being made, that still seemed like a crazy amount of money to blow on a game that didn't work.

#24270 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Man, what WAS the original price? Was it the same for everyone or didn’t it get more $$ overtime?

I’m surprised there wasn’t more talk about John beinh at expo or videos of him being berated or something

#24271 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man, what WAS the original price?

I think they were $16k.

#24272 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think they were $16k.

Correct plus shipping

#24273 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man, what WAS the original price? Was it the same for everyone or didn’t it get more $$ overtime?
I’m surprised there wasn’t more talk about John being at expo or videos of him being berated or something

People withheld applause! That guy's got such a twisted ego, that's probably as good as anything. Imagining everyone else getting applause, and him speaking, and then crickets, makes me LOL... Maybe that'll be the status quo response to him, what else might be appropriate?

Didn't someone get the obligatory picture of his backside too?

#24274 5 years ago

How much were Supreme's? I am thinking they were $11k but can't find real info. I would pick that up (if it dropped from $60k level) before considering buying a MG that was designed not to work.

#24275 5 years ago

#24276 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Well if you knew a working version of magic girl was possibly coming out from deeproot, wouldn't you try to dump it too? It's sort of like a year ago when you started to see people throw up their monster bashes for sale.

No, knowing some have sold for $20K+, that's also what I would have at least asked and see what offers I got. Didn't Brandes claim he got $30K offer?

But you're right, given past selling prices, this does seem like dumping it. I don't know if I'd put it down to potential release though.

#24277 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Didn't someone get the obligatory picture of his backside too?

Yeppers. Right up there in post 24262.

#24278 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

No, knowing some have sold for $20K+, that's also what I would have at least asked and see what offers I got.
But you're right, given past selling prices, this does seem like dumping it.

Expensive game of hot potato.

#24279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeppers. Right up there in post 24262.

Nice! Sweet burn! Take that Johnny!

#24280 5 years ago

Can we get a "Hall of Shame" on Pinside? We can start lining up these backside pictures there...

#24281 5 years ago

Unfortunately the Magic Girl games currently available have features that don't work and no software support.
Too bad because this game could be so much better (or at least work properly) if Jim was paid to complete the work.

#24282 5 years ago

Jim was approached by the current owners and was offered pay to complete the software but he demanded a game as well, then stopped responding. So, they have someone else working on it.

#24283 5 years ago

Well thats good to hear there is someone working on it. It would suck to have a game that doesn't work.

Quoted from jwilson:

Jim was approached by the current owners and was offered pay to complete the software but he demanded a game as well, then stopped responding. So, they have someone else working on it.

#24284 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's a bit ordinary on the manufacturers part. Wasn't he promised a game by Jpop? These guys will pay Jpop, but leave this guy out in the cold

#24285 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well thats good to hear there is someone working on it. It would suck to have a game that doesn't work.

It's not good to hear because clearly it's not going anywhere and this cobbled together version of MG will never be anything more than a quickly depreciating paperweight.

Anybody who didn't cash out of this as soon as they received their blinking junkbox made a very poor decision.

Is the software guy even allowed to work on that code? Didn't Deeproot buy all the assets?

#24286 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody who didn't cash out of this as soon as they received their blinking junkbox made a very poor decision.

Blinking junkbox. That's a good one.

What about the blinking junkbox Houdini that was used to trick AP into starting a company?

#24287 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Blinking junkbox. That's a good one.
What about the blinking junkbox Houdini that was used to trick AP into starting a company?

They use that in their employees safety training video series.
Don’t do what Johnny don’t did.

#24288 5 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

but leave this guy out in the cold

I believe DP reported they reached some settlement with him.

Finishing the code won't do any good if the needed mechs are not there, etc.

1 year later
#24289 4 years ago

The tire fire has sparked up again!

I got mail from a Chicago bankruptcy law firm today. I guess this dog has finally been put down.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31083208/Zidware,_Inc

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24290 4 years ago

JPOP designs the best games.

#24291 4 years ago

Be curious to hear what transpires during the Creditor meeting on the 14th..

#24292 4 years ago

Would audio of the proceedings be available like with Predator?

#24293 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Be curious to hear what transpires during the Creditor meeting on the 14th..

sucks (resized).jpgsucks (resized).jpg

#24294 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The tire fire has sparked up again!
I got mail from a Chicago bankruptcy law firm today. I guess this dog has finally been put down.
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31083208/Zidware,_Inc[quoted image]

Zidware will presumably have little to no assets, and lots of debts. So the question will be whether the creditors find a way to pin the liability on JPop personally, or if Zidware quietly goes under and JPop just hums along at deeproot.

#24295 4 years ago

I wonder how the IP being used by deeproot will be affected by this bankruptcy.

#24296 4 years ago

Man this thread brings back “memories”

Things were a lot different 5 yrs ago

#24297 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder how the IP being used by deeproot will be affected by this bankruptcy.

What IP? Jpop and DR still can’t get MG to work and I don’t see anything in Raza with special IP

It would be hard for me to believe that John created anything of any real value IP wise

#24298 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Zidware will presumably have little to no assets, and lots of debts. So the question will be whether the creditors find a way to pin the liability on JPop personally, or if Zidware quietly goes under and JPop just hums along at deeproot.

Oh, hes humming alright... prolly has the nicest set of kneepads out there..

#24299 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man this thread brings back “memories”
Things were a lot different 5 yrs ago

How so we’re they different?

High functioning vs Otis from Mayberry?

#24300 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How so we’re they different?

It's been a heck of a ride for those of us who pre-ordered. I first committed to a RAZA pin in May 2012, so I spent 7 long years riding that RAZA theme park roller coaster.

- There was initial excitement in possibilities (remember this pre-dated TWD, so there was no zombie theme alternative at the time), then
- Frustration due to no progress on RAZA and the release of TWD which was a zombie themed pin which really existed, then
- Shock at Expo 2014 when JPoP brought an empty cabinet to show progress at a seminar I attended, then
- Anger at the financial standing of Zidware, with none of the games even close to being produced, then
- Hope thanks to a few lifelines that came and went before fading away, then
- Depression due to my obvious $10K financial loss, then
- Anger every time I walked past my ToTAN pinball machine which I wouldn't even play anymore, then
- Shame all throughout the timeline for being stupid enough to pre-pay and defend JPoP previously, then
- Vengeance in a call to arms by a group of buyers on a private site to discuss legal action, which some eventually brought, and then
- Bewildered when JPoP was hired by other companies, despite the devastation he brought to the pinball community, then
- Hope yet again thanks to most recent lifeline that worked from deeproot

Fortunately, I was able to get a full refund from deeproot, so it all ended well for me, thanks to deeproot, but boy was it a many year drama and there are probably others out there still riding the roller coaster.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 486 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/486 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.