(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 490.
#24002 5 years ago

wcbrandes you are only involved with Magic Girl game, right? If so, that means all the other JPOP titles reverted to deeproot and those are not contested. So at least 4/5 titles can move forward unimpeded. Producing MG is a little more questionable. Could deeproot complete design and begin production of working MG games? Maybe, and if they are smart, they would present the 24? Original Owners and (10x)yourself a do-over game. Or has the timeframe expired, and the rights reverted back to yourself?

#24003 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can’t even tell you guys how satisfying it was to see a judgement with my name on it against him! I do feel that this sends a message to anyone looking to do something similar to what he did to this community, we will not tolerate it! No threats, just see your ass in court type deal.

Totally agree. I am proud to belong to the pinball community, and I believe what we (plaintiffs) did will support that community in the future from people like Jpop. This case is now a precedent, and will help future pinball cases.

#24005 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can’t even tell you guys how satisfying it was to see a judgement with my name on it against him! I do feel that this sends a message to anyone looking to do something similar to what he did to this community, we will not tolerate it! No threats, just see your ass in court type deal.

Quoted from hank527:

Who knows. Can Deeproot use his designs? Does he need to liquidate his house and live in a van? Will this post hit 24 K? Will anyone buy a Deeproot pinball machine? Only time will tell.
I do want to go after Heighway big time. Maybe we can.

Andrew Heighway: you can run, but you can't hide.....

#24006 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wcbrandes you are only involved with Magic Girl game, right? If so, that means all the other JPOP titles reverted to deeproot and those are not contested. So at least 4/5 titles can move forward unimpeded. Producing MG is a little more questionable. Could deeproot complete design and begin production of working MG games? Maybe, and if they are smart, they would present the 24? Original Owners and (10x)yourself a do-over game. Or has the timeframe expired, and the rights reverted back to yourself?

Nope wasn't born yesterday I tied up every IP he had so really the only one that will not be in Question, and yes my lawyer in Chicago has confirmed this as a very very good outcome probability, is AIW which is an open license not protectable by anyone. It's a shame Deeproot was so fing miserable about the whole thing!

#24007 5 years ago

Is this the longest thread on Pinside?

#24008 5 years ago

#24009 5 years ago

It also warms my heart to know that John had to spend a nice chunk of change to pay his lawyer a bunch of legal fees to defend him in a losing battle on top of the judgment!

#24010 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It also warms my heart to know that John had to spend a nice chunk of change to pay his lawyer a bunch of legal fees to defend him in a losing battle on top of the judgment!

24010 posts. Will there ever be a longer thread? This thing would takes a week or more to read.

#24011 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

24010 posts. Will there ever be a longer thread? This thing would takes a week or more to read.

I hope not, it would require another massive pinball scam and shitstorm! The Jpop's, Heighway's, Kulek's and Dutch boys have been weeded out. Not much garbage left.

Rather not go through that again Hank

#24012 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope not, it would require another massive pinball scam and shitstorm! The Jpop's, Heighway's, Kulek's and Dutch boys have been weeded out. Not much garbage left.
Rather not go through that again Hank

There's still deeproot

#24013 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's phase 2 and based on our roller coaster journey to this point, I anticipate it being long and problematic. - So be it as we are a determined group that really hung together on this.
Aggravating at times but always interesting and well worth the effort.

Mr68 assumed the mantle in the litigation group and deserves special recognition for his contribution to this victory. Knowing him, though, I suspect that he will reject that recognition. Nevertheless, the implications of this favorable result and the cathartic effect it has on this group (and perhaps on other preorder victims) are noteworthy.

Furthermore, the other five lead litigants, who testified at trial, demonstrated great tenacity during this phase of the case. Finally, kudos to Zane Smith, Esquire, counsel for the plaintiffs.

#24014 5 years ago

Is there any chance he doesnt/won't pay? I hope that's not the case, but you hear about these things happening sometimes. People that are almost judgment proof, due to lack of assets. How exactly is the payment enforced, is what I'd really like to know?

#24015 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Mr68 assumed the mantle in the litigation group and deserves special recognition for his contribution to this victory. Knowing him, though, I suspect that he will reject that recognition. Nevertheless, the implications of this favorable result and the cathartic effect it has on this group (and perhaps on other preorder victims) are noteworthy.
Furthermore, the other five lead litigants, who testified at trial, demonstrated great tenacity during this phase of the case. Finally, kudos to Zane Smith, Esquire, counsel for the plaintiffs.

And correct me if I am wrong, but I think you deserve kudos yourself as you were the one who originally hired Zane Smith Esq. to begin with.

Glad to see that some of you guys stuck it out with the lawsuit, despite some others who said that it would be a waste of time.

(yes, I know that nobody has seen money yet and that collecting on the judgment will be a new phase to this long, sad saga)

#24016 5 years ago

I feel this opens the doors for others and sends the message to these companies or individuals who start pinball companies.

I'm not sure any of us will see a dime, but we may see a criminal where a criminal belongs.

#24017 5 years ago

It a great day to win in a court room but getting your money, that might be a bit tougher. It might cost a bit more but with this judgement, I would be seeing if you could show an attempt to steal and prosecute him. I know in Arkansas law, if you win a judgment you can at least garnish the wages no matter where he moves as long as he's working you can take part in his paycheck. Other states not so much, or at least none that I'm aware of. What keeps him from filing bankruptcy? Which I'm sure he's probably has already done? Another words, how do you squeeze blood out of a turnip? This is nothing more than another way to embezzle money. Is there any legal action that you can do now to push forward for jail time? I mean it's great to win, and say we shut this down so never happens again. However, we all know that's not the case. That's why I hate putting up money, just to get a machine it's not even out. He's most definitely not the first one, okay maybe the first one, but not the last one to try to pull fast one and grab the money off the table. Just seems to me, that jail time makes it deeper and harder impression. I guess not being a lawyer my first question would be? So what now? How do you collect? When you look at his overall assets it's not liquid. And we all know or at least we should liquid is king!

#24018 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

How do you collect? When you look at his overall assets it's not liquid. And we all know or at least we should liquid is king!

I would assume he had something to lose since he spent money to defend himself in court. Unless he just did it out of trying to prove his innocence and satisfy his ego by winning? Or just take a default judgment.

Now you have to go find the "liquid" unprotected assets (non iras, 401k's, homestead, etc.), if they exist. Maybe through discovery they were able to see his tax returns which would show 1099's from interest, dividends, capital gains etc. So if he had an account at Vanguard for example (non ira), you would alert Vanguard of the judgment and they would be required to satisfy the judgment

Has he transferred/hidden assets (fraudulently or otherwise) during the process? Probably. Does his wife have separate property assets and are they attachable?

Collecting it may end up being very difficult or impossible but it will be sitting there on his back for a LONG time to come. And its a big badge of dishonor and huge blow to his massive EGO!

The credit bureaus can pick it up as well as another crushing blow.

Anyhow, he wakes up today with that legal albatross hanging around his neck, and that's a great thing!

#24019 5 years ago

I think IRAs are *not* protected as much as 401Ks (depends on the state).

#24020 5 years ago

I wonder if he thinks he’s the victim in all this?

#24021 5 years ago

Congratulations to the team who brought this to the finish line (or at least to this critical part in the process). I know there was a lot of doubt as to whether this would be worthwhile. It sounds (from those who were there) like JPOP has already paid a price in terms of stress/health just being brought this far.

#24022 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I know in Arkansas law, if you win a judgment you can at least garnish the wages no matter where he moves as long as he's working you can take part in his paycheck. Other states not so much, or at least none that I'm aware of.

I think in most cases, if a court order for payment exists, garnishment is an option in any state. Some states are more strict overall on garnishments (when the tool can be used outside of court-ordered instances), or at what threshold a garnishment is not allowed (other payments and needs take priority), but as far as I can tell if there is court-ordered restitution then garnishment is usually an option.

Speaking for myself (I'm in Kansas), I had a contractor fail to complete a deck installation on my house. I went to small claims court, got a default judgment for restitution. He then disappeared from the address I had (and his business was gone). Two years later, I got a lead on his location. Since he'd missed the appeal window and the pay-back window, he was required to go to court and, under oath, complete an asset form to let me know everything he had. It wasn't much, but there was a job.

I filed garnishment paperwork and late last year started to receive weekly payments. It is slow-going (as the wage of the job is a major factor, but due to being overdue by two years his payment total grew by almost 30% due to court fees and [mostly] court-ordered interest), but I'm over a 1/3 paid back now and feel that my patience and determination were worth the headache.

#24023 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now you have to go find the "liquid" unprotected assets

if i remember right he bought a full size cnc to cut his own playfields and cabinets, plus theres a commercial plotter. maybe auction off all the printed zombi yeti artwork revisions too. any other projects he was working on, any other pinball machines he owns (i know of at least one).

#24024 5 years ago

One asset he has, for whatever it is worth, is the patent for the ball interacting with the display. That was likely designed during the period of spending Zidware customer money I would guess.

#24025 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think IRAs are *not* protected as much as 401Ks (depends on the state).

Yes they are basically

People need to consider creating a Revocable trust and pour over will. Appropriate regardless of how much or little you have

The Supreme Court ruled in the Clark case back in 2015 that “inherited iras” are NOT protected from creditors!

Individual and spousal iras are protected.

So if you have kids with creditor issues they need that trust to disclaim the Ira back into it

First option is to inherit and stretch the tax benefits

Now that said, I would be trying to find out as well IF John is the beneficiary of any IRA that he stands to inherit from mom or dad

Subject to creditors!

That’s also where that judgment will poke him in the eye big time

Oh by the way, 401ks are never better protected than an individual Ira. Remember Enron? It’s an asset of the company and subject to its creditors unless insured against

#24026 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

401ks are never better protected than an individual Ira. Remember Enron? It’s an asset of the company and subject to its creditors unless insured against

You are wrong on this point, 401k is not a company asset, Enron case you pointed out was because the 401K was invested heavily in Eron stock which went down, compounding the problem was the employees were frozen out from changeing out of Enron stock as it was falling.

401K assets are *not* part of company assets once vested.

http://www.401khelpcenter.com/401k_education/bankruptcy_and_401k.html#.WunxjBYpCaM

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2001/11/22/business/employees-retirement-plan-is-a-victim-as-enron-tumbles.html

I’ll later post what I’ve read saying IRAs may be subject to judgment whereas 401K is not. Depending on what state you are in.

#24027 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll later post what I’ve read saying IRAs may be subject to judgment whereas 401K is not. Depending on what state you are in.

After all that, I'm in the state of confusion....

#24028 5 years ago

http://www.irafinancialgroup.com/selfdirectedassetprotection.php

Knock yourselves out. Applies to minor exemptions varied by state for good reason

Basically, you can’t force assets into an Ira, like any other fraudulent conveyance, with a pending BK in coming, or things like avoiding QDROs

Rollover IRAs are treated differently because they were funds previously governed by Erisa

But F it, regardless Jpop has exposure with “inherited iras” and I’d be laying in wait!

#24029 5 years ago

We got like.. all this evidence n stuff about how he didn't build the pinball he said he would. But yo check this out, the judge should be like GUILTY! peace

idiocracy_lawyer (resized).pngidiocracy_lawyer (resized).png

#24030 5 years ago

Congrats to the winners! Glad justice has been served and that scumbag liar shitbag fartwad Jflop is now OFFICIALLY a CONVICTED CRIMINAL. Suck it, Derp Root, you criminal harboring jackholes! We see you. We know what you're all about. You will fail. This community will not support you or give you a dime.

Heighway will be in court next.

Dutch will be next.

The era of egomaniacs who thought they could "do it better" than the last factory standing should be finally coming to an end. Burn in hell, ya hobby-fucking bastards!!!!!!

#24031 5 years ago

Sorry missed it, what’s the Deeproot story?

what was the status of the MG games that were delivered? Did this satisfy John’s obligation for MG? I understand (likely) these were made with money collected for RZA (not only MG money).

#24032 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jflop is now OFFICIALLY a CONVICTED CRIMINAL

Actually, no. He lost a civil case. As far as I know, there were no criminal charges filed.

#24033 5 years ago

is there a link to the official ruling of the court?

#24034 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

load1.gifload1.gif

#24035 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Actually, no. He lost a civil case. As far as I know, there were no criminal charges filed.

Aw dang...well, he's a criminal in the eyes of Pinside Court

Speaking of criminals, whatever happened to Pedophile Trudeau? Is he in prison yet?

#24036 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aw dang...well, he's a criminal in the eyes of Pinside Court
Speaking of criminals, whatever happened to Pedophile Trudeau? Is he in prison yet?

Next court date is June 7th.

#24037 5 years ago

*Accused* pedophile.

If he is innocent (and in 99% of these cases the defendants accept plea bargains, but he is insisting on a jury trial, make of that what you will) you don't want to be posting things that would expose yourself to a libel suit.

#24038 5 years ago

Back on topic, we won. hehe.

#24039 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Back on topic, we won. hehe.

we lose ps (resized).jpgwe lose ps (resized).jpg

#24040 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Suck it, Derp Root, you criminal harboring jackholes

They are not harboring any criminals. Learn what harboring a criminal is.

I am not at all thrilled that Jpop is working at Deeproot, however, that job might be the ONLY source of recovery for those that won their cases. Furthermore, the have great people on board that gave up their lives and moved down to Texas to be part of the Deeproot team, one being Barry Oursler.

You want to see him go down the tubes too?

#24041 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am not at all thrilled that Jpop is working at Deeproot, however, that job might be the ONLY source of recovery for those that won their cases. Furthermore, the have great people on board that gave up their lives and moved down to Texas to be part of the Deeproot team, one being Barry Oursler.

No, but it's tough to support someone who is as jerky as deeproot, has no product, and hires douchebags along with good people.
Can't do it.

#24042 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Fine. He hired an INCOMPETENT NARCISSISTIC LYING THIEF. Better?

Quoted from vdojaq:

So, what are you saying? I should pre-order a Derp Root game? To what...support Barry? Look man, I like some of Barry Oursler's games...but I don't know the fucking guy! I don't owe him anything. Don't fucking put it on ME to support a guy who's made lousy decisions to work for horrible people. Robert Mueller of Derp Root is a slimey jerk. He's proven this by his words and actions so far. We as a community owe him and his company nothing. It's not on us to buy their product and pay their salaries. They've made their choices in life. All consequences of their actions are on them.

#24043 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No, but it's tough to support someone who is as jerky as deeproot, has no product, and hires douchebags along with good people.
Can't do it.

Despite Robert crapping all over himself thus far in the PR department, I'm happy to see if they can actually pull it off with the "good guy" crew that they have. The $$$ is there.

Would I ever buy a Jpop game? No way. Dennis or Barry? Why not.

#24044 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fine. He hired an INCOMPETENT NARCISSISTIC LYING THIEF. Better?

So, what are you saying? I should pre-order a Derp Root game? To what...support Barry? Look man, I like some of Barry Oursler's games...but I don't know the fucking guy! I don't owe him anything. Don't fucking put it on ME to support a guy who's made lousy decisions to work for horrible people. Robert Mueller of Derp Root is a slimey jerk. He's proven this by his words and actions so far. We as a community owe him and his company nothing. It's not on us to buy their product and pay their salaries. They've made their choices in life. All consequences of their actions are on them.

Wtf, tap the brakes and lighten up Francis!

And nobody is pre ordering squat

#24045 5 years ago

LOL...Iceman, just put me on ignore brotendo...I've had you on ignore for like 3 years. Give me the thumb all ya want, I have no interest in what you're saying.

#24046 5 years ago

I love you BUT you are acting like a giant dick . You come back on Pinside and start blowing shit into something you have zero involvement in.

Nobody cares what you buy/support or don't.

Head on over to the DP thread.

#24047 5 years ago

Can we focus back to talking about how bad of a move it was to hire Jpop at any level. All he does is cost people loads of money. Same with Heighway.

#24048 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can we focus back to talking about how bad of a move it was to hire Jpop at any level. All he does is cost people loads of money. Same with Heighway.

Yep, don't need to sling a load of shit on something that WE have an interest in.

Some people made the choice to go down the lawsuit road and I'm glad they stuck it up Jpop's ass.

I want DR to succeed so I/WE get something back for my/our original investment.

It's happening anyhow. Buy or don't buy, it's up to you.

Btw, Billy needs to be approved Robert

#24049 5 years ago

How about Heighway?

#24050 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Cook County does not post the court files online, just the docket info (like a chronological table of contents for the case).

All the Kulek stuff is easy to get because Federal Courts all use PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

Once the JPop docket updates, I will be getting some of the newer files direct from the court and will post in this thread (unless someone beats me to it).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/481 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.