(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 490.
#24353 1 year ago

Amazing!
2 Threads.
Almost 55,000 posts.
...of Jpop and bloburt carnage.

1 week later
#24354 1 year ago

More Zidware goodies available for purchase! (ht @knapp_arcade)

https://www.facebook.com/GAPpinball/posts/2792292691076606

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 6.18.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-22 at 6.18.57 AM (resized).png
#24355 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Update: Zidware products still available for purchase
https://www.cafepress.com/zidwareboutique
https://www.cafepress.com/profile/19394640
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Of all the art Jpop has stolen, I wouldn't say this stuff is the best.

#24356 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of all the art Jpop has stolen, I wouldn't say this stuff is the best.

Also not a fan. Find perplexing the widely expressed opinion that Magic Girl is one of the most beautiful games ever made (if not the most beautiful).

#24357 1 year ago

Also not a fan. Find perplexing the widely expressed opinion that Magic Girl is one of the most beautiful games ever made (if not the most beautiful).

According to who, John?

#24358 1 year ago

The cabinet and playfield were different artists I think.

Magic Girl's playfield is pretty solid (for a non-working game). You gotta remember what other games looked like at the time. Even now it mostly holds its own, but it's almost all Zombie Yeti v Zombie Yeti at the top of the list.

#24359 1 year ago

The translite is beautiful. Especially for the time it was revealed.

#24360 1 year ago

I just got me a piece of backboard to help me keep perspective of how much else of the game I got screwed out of. The board and tshirt should make descent wall art.

67AEF23B-6DAD-4CC7-93C3-8B3F65044768 (resized).jpeg67AEF23B-6DAD-4CC7-93C3-8B3F65044768 (resized).jpeg
1D64B975-E338-45E8-A86B-E38790E3723B (resized).jpeg1D64B975-E338-45E8-A86B-E38790E3723B (resized).jpeg

#24361 1 year ago

It does not.
I grabbed the Zidware LED design guide booklet just for the LOLZ.
It's about 20 pages of simplistic CAD drawings.

If anyone wants a scan of it, let me know.

#24362 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It does not.
I grabbed the Zidware LED design guide booklet just for the LOLZ.
It's about 20 pages of simplistic CAD drawings.
If anyone wants a scan of it, let me know.

I’d be interested in checking it out.

#24363 1 year ago

I’m not trying to be ignorant , but I’ve only been around 2 plus years .That being said ,what’s the real deal with JPOP ?IMO his earlier pins were different from the norm in a real good way .I really wanted to see him in the mix with current pins because of his unique style .It blows my mind what that Roger did .It’s a mix of gigantic testicles mixed with a overdosing of stupidity but still .I guess what I’m asking is why he wasn’t hired by an established company prior ? Whatever anyone thinks , he gathers more attention than any other designer by a country mile which is what’s so confusing about this story .

#24364 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not trying to be ignorant , but I’ve only been around 2 plus years .That being said ,what’s the real deal with JPOP ?IMO his earlier pins were different from the norm in a real good way .I really wanted to see him in the mix with current pins because of his unique style .It blows my mind what that Roger did .It’s a mix of gigantic testicles mixed with a overdosing of stupidity but still .I guess what I’m asking is why he wasn’t hired by an established company prior ? Whatever anyone thinks , he gathers more attention than any other designer by a country mile which is what’s so confusing about this story .

First hour or so of this fine podcast will catch you up very well https://player.fm/series/the-worst-of-all-possible-worlds/emergency-pod-deeproot-pinball-ponzi-feat-levi-nayman

#24365 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Popadiuk

#24366 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

why he wasn’t hired by an established company prior

Python had some choice words about him.
http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/showget.php?id=42

The fact he wasn't hired says quite a bit to me. Even if you're a bit eccentric you could be a hired gun if you can actually design a game.

#24367 1 year ago

Thanks guys , perfect for this rainy cold day horizontal on the couch

#24368 1 year ago

Now that’s a fun podcast lmao

#24369 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

.... what’s the real deal with JPOP? IMO his earlier pins were different from the norm in a real good way .I really wanted to see him in the mix with current pins because of his unique style .

When John worked at Bally/Williams, he had a lot of help. He had some good ideas but others had to get his ideas to work. John need others to keep him on-track and within budget. I know this first hand with working with him on a project.

#24370 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

When John worked at Bally/Williams, he had a lot of help. He had some good ideas but others had to get his ideas to work. John need others to keep him on-track and within budget. I know this first hand with working with him on a project.

The late Barry Ousler said the exact same thing about John P.

2 months later
#24371 1 year ago

I am looking for a RAZA play field. If anyone has one or a lead for one, please PM me.

#24372 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am looking for a RAZA play field. If anyone has one or a lead for one, please PM me.

GAP might have these?

2 months later
#24373 1 year ago

Well how about this. An honest-to-God development. Mitchell et al file a motion to dismiss their adversary complaint against Jpop on account of the parties having settled.

jpop-mitchell-60-2022.09.21.pdfjpop-mitchell-60-2022.09.21.pdf

Zoom dial-in info is provided in the linked doc for a hearing scheduled for October 13, 2022 where the motion will be presented. While acknowledging that I'm no lawyer), I suspect those proceedings will be quick and uneventful.

So... can anyone share the terms of the settlement?

#24374 1 year ago

So... can anyone share the terms of the settlement?

Also not a lawyer, but thinking those involved probably can't or at least shouldn't comment until after the hearing.

#24375 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Also not a lawyer, but thinking those involved probably can't or at least shouldn't comment until after the hearing.

Agree

#24376 1 year ago

Around 8 years ago I did the only in house interview at Zidware.
He wouldn't let me video tape him or anything there.
So I had to run to Radio Shack (R.I.P.) and get a nice little voice recorder.
He also had me sign a NDA (L O F'N L).

To me all buyers really should have visited him before paying in full...
All of life is moral hazard, especially in boutique pinball.
Who the hell actually thought it'd work out knowing what they knew as things went on?

3 weeks later
#24377 1 year ago

Case closed!

jpop-mitchell-62-2022.10.14.pdfjpop-mitchell-62-2022.10.14.pdf

This mean people can now spill the beans?

#24378 1 year ago

guess when both the guy being sued claims bankrupt... and the guy you are pursuing as where he shipped the assets to claims bankrupt... unless you get the guy as an individual there is no more end game?

it's ashame they will be out of the challenging the bankruptcy as a whole though.

But this was just the adversary case against the bankruptcy... the civil case should still be out there?

#24379 1 year ago

Halloween Ends. This is Jpop Ends.

Game over and good riddance

1 week later
#24380 1 year ago
200 gif.gif200 gif.gif
1 month later
#24381 1 year ago
LOWL_05873_34443096A (resized).jpgLOWL_05873_34443096A (resized).jpg
#24382 1 year ago

Provocative breadcrumbs, Kim. Would you provide us any insights into how things shook out?

#24383 1 year ago

Blood from stone, however huge kudos for standing up to principle Kim!

#24384 1 year ago

tv-gif.giftv-gif.gif

12-01-2022

#24385 1 year ago

Its been quite the ride for the group and myself. Stay tuned folks!!!

#24386 1 year ago

12-01-2022

Around 5pm (GMT)
or 10:00 AM (MST)

Or BHT (Ben Heck time)

eBNnEhM4 (resized).jpegeBNnEhM4 (resized).jpeg
#24387 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

12-01-2022
Around 5pm (GMT)
or 10:00 AM (MST)
Or BHT (Ben Heck time)
[quoted image]

At what point is a breadcrumb so large that it is simply bread?

#24388 1 year ago

At what point is a breadcrumb so large that it is simply bread?

I think that is called......look here dummy!

#24389 1 year ago

I was a lurker on Pinside for a couple of years before I created an account. Around that time I remember hushed rumors of new, limited, "boutique" pins from JPop. They were reportedly very expensive by the standards of the day. Everybody was very close lipped about it. I heard mention of NDAs and a private buyers group. It all seemed very cloak and dagger. Then this thread arrived and started to shed light on JPop's shenanigans. I actually created my account so I could more easily keep up with my place in this thread!

Now, here we are 24k+ posts into the saga (yes, I read them all). I hope for some final vindication for all of the buyers, but suspect it will be small solace. At least it's an interesting story.

#24390 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I hope for some final vindication for all of the buyers,

On the contrary, it sounds to me like they're relocating the fleece farm to shear a whole new flock.

#24391 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Blood from stone, however huge kudos for standing up to principle Kim!

It's been a group effort, but I thank you, Bill. High praise coming from you and it's greatly appreciated.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I think that is called......look here dummy!

I am a lowbrow puzzle creator, a wannabe Chris Turner.

Quoted from yancy:

On the contrary, it sounds to me like they're relocating the fleece farm to shear a whole new flock.

Wow, are you ever going to be disappointed.

#24392 1 year ago

Is there something more going on? Too many breadcrumbs for me.

#24393 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is there something more going on? Too many breadcrumbs for me.

Tomorrow and every day going forward, I'll be posting my daily beer count.

#24394 1 year ago

JPOP might as well have named Zidware to be NPC pinball...

#24395 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I was a lurker on Pinside for a couple of years before I created an account. Around that time I remember hushed rumors of new, limited, "boutique" pins from JPop. They were reportedly very expensive by the standards of the day. Everybody was very close lipped about it. I heard mention of NDAs and a private buyers group. It all seemed very cloak and dagger. Then this thread arrived and started to shed light on JPop's shenanigans. I actually created my account so I could more easily keep up with my place in this thread!
Now, here we are 24k+ posts into the saga (yes, I read them all). I hope for some final vindication for all of the buyers, but suspect it will be small solace. At least it's an interesting story.

Are you aware of the various spin-offs?

#24396 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Tomorrow and every day going forward, I'll be posting my daily beer count.

It's been done. You'll need to do something to one up it.

#24397 1 year ago

Pinball News article, July 23rd, 2011, Waybac when it all began.

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/popadiuk1.html

image-asset (resized).jpegimage-asset (resized).jpeg

#24398 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Definitely a story to share from each of our own experiences/perspectives. My situation is well documented.

Mr.68 and the group of us have a story to share. There are a bunch of people of who I, myself owe a ton of thanks to and that will follow.

Everyone just know, Kim is a legend. I will never forget.

#24399 1 year ago

Admittedly I’ve been having some fun with Pinside. Some of you may be disappointed to discover that my breadcrumbs, while real, are gluten-free.

After all of these years there is only just so much that can be put into an article. But Martin Ayub of the Pinball news really went the extra yard to travel to Chicago, interview, document, confirm, and photograph our recent history.

The following article will bring everybody current but it nowhere near covers all of the legal twists and turns that we have endured. At least twice over the years we were dead in the water. But the group hung in there and managed to survive another day.
And it still ain't over...

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/12/01/zidware-case-resolved/

The email posted at the end of the article goes to me as I will be handling the auction details. Please note that this is a private auction and the winner will not have to pay any auctioneer fees. (as long as we keep it in house) We want to keep it clean and simple for everyone.

Cheers,

Kim

#24400 1 year ago

Long road. Thank you Kim for all you have done. You brought this home. So glad I got to meet so many of you. I also cannot speak highly enough of Zane.

Pinball rocks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/488 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.