(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 490.
#23351 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Well this is going to be an odd post... a post about JPOP in the JPOP thread.

Have we heard anything new about RAZA or AIW let alone anything about John recently?

Yeah, when you add up the money and number of people hurt from RAZA and AIW, it is very significant. It's very odd that delivering a literal handful of half working Magic Girls made all that disappear.

#23352 6 years ago

I can only assume that your podcast with Special K was shelved because watching paint dry would have been more interesting.

#23353 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, when you add up the money and number of people hurt from RAZA and AIW, it is very significant. It's very odd that delivering a literal handful of half working Magic Girls made all that disappear.

That's because JPop actually claims that RAZA is next.

#23354 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Can't stand the guy either, but I can't believe people forgot that for a hot second he was J-Pop's public relations employee and was allowed to have a second account on Pinside under the name "ZidwarePR."

...true.

#23355 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I can only assume that your podcast with Special K was shelved because watching paint dry would have been more interesting.

It was probably more due to the fact that a huge family argument (on my end) transpired during the recording and he didn't feel like going and editing it out.

Man you're really getting your licks in, eh buddy? Feels good, eh?

#23356 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It was probably more due to the fact that a huge family argument (on my end) transpired during the recording and he didn't feel like going and editing it out.
Man you're really getting your licks in, eh buddy? Feels good, eh?

The info you keep giving is like open season. A family argument while recording? Did someone spill your bong water again?

#23357 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

The hate for Kaneda is ridiculous and immature. Even Robin hugged it out with him! It's time for Pinsiders to get over their anger towards the dude.

Quoted from vdojaq:

After my being on Special K's podcast, I have a different opinion of the guy than I used to. However, you sound like you are either infatuated with him or on his payroll.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Came here for the jpop... and all i see is someone pissing into the wind. Take the #freekaneda movement sonewhere else please.

Can we get back to talking about oysters now

#23358 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The info you keep giving is like open season. A family argument while recording? Did someone spill your bong water again?

No, my grouchy Father In Law instigated a fight with his daughter - which he was ever wont to do - and it got into the high decibels right by the room I was in Skyping with him. My FIL was a dick, but he's dead now, so oh well.

Or maybe I just suck, right? That's probably the reason!

#23359 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's very odd that delivering a literal handful of half working Magic Girls made all that disappear.

It shouldn't. Those impacted have legal recourse. Some choose to take it (see Predator thread). Other's will say that throwing $$ at those filthy lawyers is just throwing good money after bad.

#23360 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can we get back to talking about oysters now

Best oysters I've ever had is at this place called Tajima in San Diego. An oyster with a touch of ponzu sauce and thinly sliced scallions. Slurping them down was a religious experience!

#23361 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

My FIL was a dick, but he's dead now, so oh well.

I give you props for telling it how it is.

#23362 6 years ago

... what is going on in here ...

on another note looks like Zombie Yeti has Magic Girl's sister kicking ass at Pintastic
zy (resized).pngzy (resized).png

#23363 6 years ago

Those 51 messages didn't take long to look through....

Now Zombie Yeti art is something to stop for!

#23364 6 years ago

Well I had to unhide a few people to figure out what all the shit fest was about.

Now i know. Mr. Wonderful

#23365 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

However, I still try to not be an outright dick.

You might be failing.

#23366 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You might be failing.

As in EPIC fail.

#23367 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You might be failing.

What a courageous stance to take.

#23368 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

What a courageous stance to take.

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

#23369 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

I calls 'em as I smell 'em, and you're dropping stinkers. But hey, get with the popular crowd!

#23370 6 years ago

Ugh.

thread derailed (resized).jpgthread derailed (resized).jpg

#23371 6 years ago

Gentle moderation notice... it's a JPop thread!!
Please try to keep it on topic, thanks.

#23372 6 years ago

IMG_1685 (resized).JPGIMG_1685 (resized).JPG

#23373 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It shouldn't. Those impacted have legal recourse. Some choose to take it (see Predator thread). Other's will say that throwing $$ at those filthy lawyers is just throwing good money after bad.

The litigation is continuing, although not as adequately (in my view) as the Kevin Kulek case. But it is progressing, getting to deposition stage currently.

#23374 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I guess you missed the "pissing into the wind" comment. And I really don't enjoy when people come into threads only to voice their displeasure at the things being discussed.

People aren't entitled to just discuss whatever they feel like it. The site has topic areas, and threads have topics. The site has rules on it too..

---
Don’t Derail Threads

Derailing threads with off-topic comments and images is frowned upon and counterproductive to the site’s goals. Please do your best to keep threads on track. If you feel like you have something to say that doesn’t fit with a thread you’re reading, then open a new thread and post your thoughts there!
---

If you want to pump a topic, start your own thread on it.

No Kaneda's history and status is not part of the current JPOP story.... except for the topic of game sales and market values.

Edit: and I see the mods have commented now too. Bonus.

#23375 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No Kaneda's history and status is not part of the current JPOP story....

All owners of JPOP's Zidware games, both physically built and vaporware, are part of the JPOP story.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Derailing threads with off-topic comments and images is frowned upon and counterproductive to the site’s goals.

Back to oyster talk I guess.

#23376 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

#23377 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Get me a printout of oyster smiling

#23378 6 years ago

Our favorite pinball artist, Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), has an eBay auction ending in a half hour. . .Magic Girl prototype backglass on plexi.

Thus far, 47 bids. Price has reached $2,425.

ebay.com link: Magic Girl Pinball Backglass Original Prototype

#23379 6 years ago

Final auction price was $3,060. Now that's magical.

#23380 6 years ago

Is this long haired awkward walking FU@#!₹NG joker in jail get ?

#23381 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Is this long haired awkward walking FU@#!₹NG joker in jail get ?

No I'm fine.

#23382 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Happy to see ZY recover some of what he is owed. That's a lot of $$$ for a plexiglass.

#23383 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Good $$ for Jeremy. Well played champ!

rd

#23385 6 years ago

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.

-Dave

#23386 6 years ago

I heard JPOP is focusing his efforts on RAZA now. Trying to get a RAZA complete enough to have AP produce it. I'm sure it is just to keep the lawsuits at bay, but then again he did (sort of) deliver a MG. What are the chances we actually see JPOP "complete" a RAZA?

#23387 6 years ago

Its much easier to make a deal with a CM for 16-20 games than 125 games and that was when AP was looking to get into pinball. What does JPOP have to offer? AP has a team now and designer, why would they need him? Unless he comes up with CASH to finance the production run, you won't see AP working with JPOP again.

Quoted from pinlink:

I heard JPOP is focusing his efforts on RAZA now. Trying to get a RAZA complete enough to have AP produce it. I'm sure it is just to keep the lawsuits at bay, but then again he did (sort of) deliver a MG. What are the chances we actually see JPOP "complete" a RAZA?

#23388 6 years ago

125 games is a heck of a BOM to finance.

#23389 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its much easier to make a deal with a CM for 16-20 games than 125 games and that was when AP was looking to get into pinball. What does JPOP have to offer? AP has a team now and designer, why would they need him? Unless he comes up with CASH to finance the production run, you won't see AP working with JPOP again.

I agree with you, just what I heard. AP recently said that they would not rule out building RAZA for John, but you're right that he would have to pay for it. We know that John is capable of getting financing through some company not willing to do their due diligence. Who knows. I would've said you were nuts a year ago if you told me people would get their MG"s. I have no doubt that John is working on building a "complete" RAZA, but I don't see him getting 125 done.

#23390 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.
-Dave

GLWS! I'm enjoying the Mystery Castle you sold me! Hope the lawn recovered / is recovering!

Bid with confidence! Good seller...

#23391 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

-Dave

Do you have a link to the eBay listing?

#23393 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

-Dave

Good luck with the auction!

Maybe add in some links to the Pinball News article etc, so people who aren't in the loop can see some pictures of what's in the box. Could help with the sale.

rd

#23394 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

-Dave

Good luck Dave! I hope you get big bucks for your game, you deserve it!

#23395 6 years ago

I'm the highest bidder, but that won't last long

#23396 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

-Dave

Woohoo...... I currently own a Magic Girl for $10,200!

But to be honest Dave, I don't want it either! Just helping out.

You can't ask for a better seller. Good luck with your sale!

#23397 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Woohoo...... I currently own a Magic Girl for $10,200!
But to be honest Dave, I don't want it either! Just helping out.
You can't ask for a better seller. Good luck with your sale!

I just outbid you

IMG_7714 (resized).PNGIMG_7714 (resized).PNG

#23398 6 years ago

You guys are great - this auction is already more fun than I'd ever have with the game. Truth be told I hope it ends up and in the hands of someone like Applejuice or a mechanical guru collector who might be able to sort out the game properly - not stay hidden in a box. Fetch just enough to settle up with a frustrated wife and get 25 of these things working as they should...sounds great to me.

But then again, to quote Neil Young, "I'm a dreaming man...."

-Dave

#23399 6 years ago

Wish I saw this auction before: I'am already priced out... Would have loved to be the virtual owner of a MG pin, at least for one minute. But $10,400 is already beyond my means!

Curious to see the final price!

#23400 6 years ago

Yeah, Dave...put a few pix in there. It would sure help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/468 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.