(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 490.
#22701 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Nemo and MG arriving within one month! ... impressed.
You know when Martin will post his report on Nemo, by the way? Is he coming back for Magic Girl?

It's crazy. Two machines ordered 5-6 years ago both arriving within 1 month of each other, plus P3 (ordered 6 years ago also) coming in April. Like London buses. Nothing for ages then three in a row

I don't know exactly about the Nemo report, but it's imminent. Martin will hopefully be coming to review MG in a couple of weeks. I'm also in touch with Jim etc. From my side, I don't want to hang around getting MG up to muster- hardware and software.

#22702 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That video does demonstrate a ball hang up, BUT, that can only happen via the Mystic Ring "Power" area, which - surprise! - is currently inaccessible. Impossible to get there!
Freaking JPop....

I give Kman my highest compliments for his videos and honest reviews. I applaud him even more now that he's given you access to the game and I appreciate your feed back. I look forward to levi's opinion next time he delivers coffee.

Nice to see a picture of you after our personal exchanges.

#22703 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

... could be the catalyst to push some judge to do something out of the ordinary.

That probably makes sense, from a layman's perspective, but it's not out of the ordinary in bankruptcy court. It's actually common practice.

For example, simply refer to the following quote. [1]

--------

"The 'avoiding powers' of a bankruptcy trustee are among the most commonly used and frequently analyzed provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. These powers are designed to achieve a variety of policy goals. Providing perhaps the most significant of these powers is that which allows the trustee to set aside preferential transfers. The preference provision is, by far, the most litigated area of bankruptcy law."

--------

[1] Deborah L. Thorne, Carrie Foster, and David Wheeler. Foreword. Preference Defence Handbook: The Circuits Compared. 1st ed. Alexandria: American Bankruptcy Institute, 2006.

Bonus points if you can figure out Ms. Thorne's current occupation.

#22704 7 years ago

"perhaps the most significant of these powers is that which allows the trustee to set aside preferential transfers".

This will be my condition for joining a BK case vs Jpop, also for the case I'm already in (that may morph to include BK anyway). If other RAZA (and AIW) customers want to dispute this point, I'll see you in court. Sorry to be aggressive, but I'm just countering the massive MG customer attacks we've seen in this thread, particularly poignant as, after 6 years, we haven't even received the bloody machines yet (mostly).

#22705 7 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Why shouldn't he change his mind and sell it? If I was in his shoes, I certainly would consider selling it....There is hype and interest now, in a year? maybe not....I would not fault him in the least if he sells it..

I agree, except that he said he would "never" sell it. Never is a long time. Kind of undermines his credibility if he then turns around and sells it. Or I guess he could just call the sale an alternative fact and get away with it.

#22706 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

"perhaps the most significant of these powers is that which allows the trustee to set aside preferential transfers". This will be my condition for joining a BK case vs Jpop, also for the case I'm already in (that may morph to include BK anyway).

"Set aside" in this context means the Judge can undo the suspect transactions. I.e. if the bankruptcy judge decided that shipping some pins to some customers without the ability to ship all pins to all customers was a "preferential transfer" then the court could order that the games (or cash equivalent) be returned. Of course your MG sits safely in the UK, so even if there's a bankruptcy and even if a judge decides that it was suspect for JPop to make and ship MG instead of just parceling out the cash as pro-rata refunds to all of his creditors, my hunch is you're safe.

#22707 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I agree, except that he said he would "never" sell it. Never is a long time. Kind of undermines his credibility if he then turns around and sells it. Or I guess he could just call the sale an alternative fact and get away with it.

Listen to me on the podcast, I called bullshit on him. Told him when the right offer comes, he will sell it. He changed his position to throwing out figures.

I do believe he will keep it until it is better coded and all the available features are fully working before he makes any moves. if that happens, he will make a nice sum on selling it.

Special K likes rare and unique things. I believe he enjoys the ability to show them off and say look at what I got. When the novelty wears off, it's on to the next unique, sought after piece. He likes being that big fish in the little pond, gets off on it.

#22708 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That probably makes sense, from a layman's perspective, but it's not out of the ordinary in bankruptcy court. It's actually common practice.
--------
"The 'avoiding powers' of a bankruptcy trustee are among the most commonly used and frequently analyzed provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. These powers are designed to achieve a variety of policy goals. Providing perhaps the most significant of these powers is that which allows the trustee to set aside preferential transfers. The preference provision is, by far, the most litigated area of bankruptcy law."
--------
[1] Deborah L. Thorne, Carrie Foster, and David Wheeler. Foreword. Preference Defence Handbook: The Circuits Compared. 1st ed. Alexandria: American Bankruptcy Institute, 2006.
Bonus points if you can figure out Ms. Thorne's current occupation.

Ha, I knew better than to make a comment in this thread. Too many folks wanting to argue some imaginary point. "Out of the Ordinary" was probably a bad choice of words I guess. I was referring more about an "ordinary" type of judgment using common sense and an even approach....and yes, I am well aware the law is not based on common sense, but judges are allowed to use it from time to time. The term was NOT a challenge for every legal clerk to go and find some case law to post.

I was merely saying if this goes to court (which I highly doubt) people who have these machines can make the case they finally got what they paid for, and they own them fair and square. But listing one for double the price or bragging how you got 20K for something that didn't work, could anger the gods just a bit and bring on more of an emotional response. It's hard to have sympathy for someone when they doubled their money or more, while others are left with nothing. I wasn't arguing ANY legal points of any of this, and you all can debate those points to your hearts' content. I have no stake, and thankfully I am not a lawyer.

#22709 7 years ago

If I may.... I would like everyone to watch this terrible, offensive video. This was on Johnny Carson

#22710 7 years ago

Here is my first day testing report on my MG #006 that I picked up from John on Feb 28, 2017. Bear in mind that there are many issues here right out of the box. This machine is not playable yet due to ball hangup issues. I consider all 19+2 MG machines to be prototypes and from what I have seen here and from looking at other peoples’ pics and videos for their MGs I suspect that each machine is different in some ways. I hope this info will assist other owners and I’m very curious if they share these issues.

When I picked up from John I asked him the following:
Does Multiball work? “No”
Is it a code issue only? “Yes” (I don’t think this is true…)
Does the magnaflip playfield work? “Yes”
Does the magnetic “hare” bumper work or do we need to add a magnet under the playfield? “Yes you have to add the magnet and this an optional mod. The code is working for the magnet. I will send you the specs for the magnet. There are several optional mods that will be available and I will publish the info online.”

Setup and Issue Photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/HjHDVdKRqYXHxWFh8

Playfield Issues and notes on my machine:
-Ball hangup issue on ramp beside diverter – ball hits closed diverter and gets stuck behind yellow post. I’m guessing there used to be a lock mech here. May have to install another post to alleviate this… note that ball hangs up here on every ramp shot!
-Ball cannot clear under ramp diverter – there is not enough room when diverter is opened. May have to install spacers to raise diverter mech slightly. This diverter fires in COIL TEST but I have not seen it fire in a game.
-Ball hangup on right ramp return to right inlane – ball does not fit through hole. Need to adjust ramp and metal piece
-Tesla skill shot – only one opto switch installed and this switch was installed with two sided tape so that the opto LEDs were sticking into the ball path where the ball smashes into them! Need to install spacers for the Opto PCB.
-Spinning disc and centre flipper up post are not flush with playfield and are on an angle – will adjust
-Main plunger shot not hitting hard enough due to plunger gauge metal keeping ball too far from plunger when at rest. My game included a second shooter gauge with graphics on it – I will install to see if problem alleviates. EDIT – installed new gauge, looks nicer but is exact same size. Need a longer shooter rod… will try shorter barrel spring on outside or other measures.
-Center Floating Spinner (jinx Spinner) works but spinner occasionally STRIKES opto LEDs! – must adjust opto PCB mounting so that there is more spinner clearance.
-There may be some switch matrix issues – ball trough opto column 7 switches all light up in switch test whenever column 6 switches are triggered (in switch test). EDIT this may be some weirdness with the Switch test itself – curious if other MG machines exhibit this behavior. Did not notice any trough switch errors while playing.
-Saucer kickout is too strong – ball smashes into Spinning lamp plastics directly above. Maybe missing a deflector?
-Spinning lamp assembly has already fallen apart from testing (and crazy saucer kickout)… will need to modify the 3D printed parts to make it spin smoother
-Ramp entry switch mount is only on one side and is not secure – need to figure out a way to secure from both sides of ramp.
One of the head hinge bolts is loose! – Tightened.
-LCD screen does not have any protective plastic over it and circular ramp is too close and actually touches screen – will to try to move it back… needs a plastic shield over the screen like CV has.
-While testing the machine seemed to CRASH and lock up on me once – cycled power and now machine booted but nothing on LCD… after a few more power cycles it started up ok. Will monitor this behaviour

Coil Issues/ Results from COIL TEST in TEST menu:
Right Magna Flip fires as Left Magna Flip
Left Magna Flip (14) fires as Right Magna Flip
Mystic Ring magnet (29) fires as Box Air Magnet (30) (Possibly re-tasked coil assignment)
Box Air magnet (30) doesn’t fire anything
Bagatelle Popper (31) fires saucer – NOTE this saucer kickout hole fires too hard and shoots ball straight up smashing into spinning genie lamp plastics
Diverter Up Post (11) fires Knocker in head – (Possibly re-tasked coil assignment)
Wand Grab left (12) does nothing
Wand Grab Right Fires Diverter on circular ramp
Left Magic Lock (16) doesn’t do anything
Right Magic Lock doesn’t do anything
(I’m Guessing the Magic Lock coils were the ramp locks for multiball in the protos)
Hare Jet (19) does nothing – needs magnet installed under playfield – connector is there labelled “Hare Jet” for future addition
Magic Mirror (23) does nothing?
Hare Spinning Disc (24 and 25) does nothing… is this a feature that was removed?
Jinx Wheel motor (26) works – mine turns clockwise
Lion Saw Motor (27) does nothing – needs motor/upgraded assembly…
Magna Hare (9) works – magna save above right inlane
Playfield Diverter (10) works – diverts between full left orbit shot or diverts to kings chamber from top

Switch Issues
Ramp Entry switch not working (FIXED - was disconnected under playfield)
Missing Saw 1 Switch - mod/upgrade needed
Tesla Skill 2 (63) One sided opto switch is working but no other Tesla opto switches are installed that I can see – there is a hole for one other opto pair…
“Lead Coin” standup target fires as “Jack Mystery” switch # 48

Playing Notes:
-This machine does not go into ball search so far (Like Kaneda’s does in his videos)– missing this feature?
-The spring under the Magnetic Bumper cap is an actuator for a switch which is working.
-Right orbit shots do not light POWER letters to enable magna flip mini playfield… I did notice that you can enable the magnaflip by centre shots (to be confirmed) … the saucer magnet DID grab the ball but the VUK would not shoot the ball up to the mini playfield to start the mode… NOTE: it looks like all hardware is there to enable magna flip mini playfield. There are no targets to shoot at (as described by Jim) but there is a rear exit shot that goes to another small metal ramp that feeds into a another mini playfield above the pop bumpers. Then it looks like the ball falls through a hole and into the pops area.
-The levitating ball feature works but I can’t get the ball to levitate “above” the magnet as described… it hovers inside the square magnet assembly thus far. Also note that the blue standup target that activates this feature is on a 45 degree angle does not actuate reliably – will need some adjustments.

Other issues and observations:
-Code version is 0.7.24 – this is different than what Jim reports on magicgirlcode.org which is 0.7.11
-My machine was missing the two head bolts but included a WPC style rear latch assembly – but I’m not sure how the latch can be used safely with this cabinet with a neck beneath the head – will find some suitable head bolts…
-Are there different playfield versions? My center drain post is labelled “The Magic Post” but I’ve seen others online labelled ”Theatre of Magic Post”…
The large “?” insert in front of the Scoop looks like it was cut out later as an afterthought. You can see a previous insert labelled “Arthur’s Magic” or something like that underneath.
-Can’t find free play setting… have to actuate coin switches to add credits.
-“Wizard” playing mode does not function
-My “evil winking genie” plastic at the top of the mini playfield stack is mounted with 2 screws and two small spacers. This differs from Kaneda’s video which shows this plastic mounted on two springs.
-The data ribbon cable coming out of the computer case in bottom of cabinet has no slot cut out so we have to be careful not to “shear off” ribbon cable if computer box is fully tightened! My box came with only 2 of 4 thumbscrews installed on the cover and they were very loose to accommodate ribbon cable.
-The original left and right ramp lock mechs will be needed to make the main multiball mode function. Can they be added?
-The “impossible” standup switch under the left ramp does indeed look impossible to hit! It lights the ball save for either outlane.
-The power switch is on the rear of the machine… use a power bar!
-My 3D owl was facing backwards like others. You can turn it to face forward easily

#22711 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

--------

Is there any case law where delivered goods like these pinball machines were ordered to be recovered? What about if the goods have been sold to a third, fourth, or beyond party? How would the court determine value, the amount paid by the purchaser from Zidware, the amount it sold for on the open market, or some other method?

#22712 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Here is my first day testing report on my MG #006 that I picked up from John on Feb 28, 2017. Bear in mind that there are many issues here right out of the box. This machine is not playable yet due to ball hangup issues. I consider all 19+2 MG machines to be prototypes and from what I have seen here and from looking at other peoples’ pics and videos for their MGs I suspect that each machine is different in some ways. I hope this info will assist other owners and I’m very curious if they share these issues.
Does the magnetic “hare” bumper work or do we need to add a magnet under the playfield? “Yes you have to add the magnet and this an optional mod. The code is working for the magnet. I will send you the specs for the magnet. There are several optional mods that will be available and I will publish the info online.”
Setup and Issue Photos:
-Ball hangup issue on ramp beside diverter – ball hits closed diverter and gets stuck behind yellow post. I’m guessing there used to be a lock mech here. May have to install another post to alleviate this… note that ball hangs up here on every ramp shot!
-Ball cannot clear under ramp diverter – there is not enough room when diverter is opened. May have to install spacers to raise diverter mech slightly. This diverter fires in COIL TEST but I have not seen it fire in a game.
-Ball hangup on right ramp return to right inlane – ball does not fit through hole. Need to adjust ramp and metal piece
-Tesla skill shot – only one opto switch installed and this switch was installed with two sided tape so that the opto LEDs were sticking into the ball path where the ball smashes into them! Need to install spacers for the Opto PCB.
-Spinning disc and centre flipper up post are not flush with playfield and are on an angle – will adjust
-Main plunger shot not hitting hard enough due to plunger gauge metal keeping ball too far from plunger when at rest. My game included a second shooter gauge with graphics on it – I will install to see if problem alleviates. EDIT – installed new gauge, looks nicer but is exact same size. Need a longer shooter rod… will try shorter barrel spring on outside or other measures.
-Center Floating Spinner (jinx Spinner) works but spinner occasionally STRIKES opto LEDs! – must adjust opto PCB mounting so that there is more ball clearance.
-There may be some switch matrix issues – ball trough opto column 7 switches all light up in switch test whenever column 6 switches are triggered (in switch test). EDIT this may be some weirdness with the Switch test itself – curious if other MG machines exhibit this behavior. Did not notice any trough switch errors while playing.
-Saucer kickout is too strong – ball smashes into Spinning lamp plastics directly above. Maybe missing a deflector?
-Spinning lamp assembly has already fallen apart from testing (and crazy saucer kickout)… will need to modify the 3D printed parts to make it spin smoother
-Ramp entry switch mount is only on one side and is not secure – need to figure out a way to secure from both sides of ramp.
-LCD screen does not have any protective plastic over it and circular ramp is too close and actually touches screen – will to try to move it back… needs a plastic shield over the screen like CV has.
-While testing the machine seemed to CRASH and lock up on me once – cycled power and now machine booted but nothing on LCD… after a few more power cycles it started up ok. Will monitor this behaviour
Mystic Ring magnet (29) fires as Box Air Magnet (30) (Possibly re-tasked coil assignment)
Bagatelle Popper (31) fires saucer – NOTE this saucer kickout hole fires too hard and shoots ball straight up smashing into spinning genie lamp plastics
Diverter Up Post (11) fires Knocker in head – (Possibly re-tasked coil assignment)
(I’m Guessing the Magic Lock coils were the ramp locks for multiball in the protos)
Hare Jet (19) does nothing – needs magnet installed under playfield – connector is there labelled “Hare Jet” for future addition
Hare Spinning Disc (24 and 25) does nothing… is this a feature that was removed?
Playfield Diverter (10) works – diverts between full left orbit shot or diverts to kings chamber from top
Switch Issues
Tesla Skill 2 (63) One sided opto switch is working but no other Tesla opto switches are installed that I can see – there is a hole for one other opto pair…
Playing Notes:
-This machine does not go into ball search so far (Like Kaneda’s does in his videos)– missing this feature?
-The spring under the Magnetic Bumper cap is an actuator for a switch which is working.
-Right orbit shots do not light POWER letters to enable magna flip mini playfield… I did notice that you can enable the magnaflip by centre shots (to be confirmed) … the saucer magnet DID grab the ball but the VUK would not shoot the ball up to the mini playfield to start the mode… NOTE: it looks like all hardware is there to enable magna flip mini playfield. There are no targets to shoot at (as described by Jim) but there is a rear exit shot that goes to another small metal ramp that feeds into a another mini playfield above the pop bumpers. Then it looks like the ball falls through a hole and into the pops area.
-The levitating ball feature works but I can’t get the ball to levitate “above” the magnet as described… it hovers inside the square magnet assembly thus far. Also note that the blue standup target that activates this feature is on a 45 degree angle does not actuate reliably – will need some adjustments.
-Code version is 0.7.24 – this is different than what Jim reports on magicgirlcode.org which is 0.7.11
-My machine was missing the two head bolts but included a WPC style rear latch assembly – but I’m not sure how the latch can be used safely with this cabinet with a neck beneath the head – will find some suitable head bolts…
-Are there different playfield versions? My center drain post is labelled “The Magic Post” but I’ve seen others online labelled ”Theatre of Magic Post”…
The large “?” insert in front of the Scoop looks like it was cut out later as an afterthought. You can see a previous insert labelled “Arthur’s Magic” or something like that underneath.
-My “evil winking genie” plastic at the top of the mini playfield stack is mounted with 2 screws and two small spacers. This differs from Kaneda’s video which shows this plastic mounted on two springs.
-The data ribbon cable coming out of the computer case in bottom of cabinet has no slot cut out so we have to be careful not to “shear off” ribbon cable if computer box is fully tightened! My box came with only 2 of 4 thumbscrews installed on the cover and they were very loose to accommodate ribbon cable.
-The original left and right ramp lock mechs will be needed to make the main multiball mode function. Can they be added?
-The “impossible” standup switch under the left ramp does indeed look impossible to hit! It lights the ball save for either outlane.
-My 3D owl was facing backwards like others. You can turn it to face forward easily

very thorough

Excellent pics.

#22713 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Setup and Issue Photos:
-Center Floating Spinner (jinx Spinner) works but spinner occasionally STRIKES opto LEDs! – must adjust opto PCB mounting so that there is more ball clearance.
Switch Issues
Playing Notes:

Thanks! Very informed and inquisitive review. Nice to have one of these in the hands of someone with technical curiosity and background.

This entire enterprise is so incredibly strange but I guess it couldn't have ended any other way. I'm sure you and the other MG owners are anxiously holding your breath waiting for Zidware to start producing and offering "optional mods."

I wonder if that's the only shirt John owns these days?

#22714 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Setup and Issue Photos:
Switch Issues
Playing Notes:

Thanks, Nick.

Dunno what to even think about a list this long and thorough. What was John's opinion about the game going out, since you picked it up in person? Was he proud of it? Did he feel this is him fulfilling his commitment to the MG owners? Just such an odd ending to this.

#22715 7 years ago

Thanks, ShinyNick .. Interesting that your documents say you have game #6, but software says #4.

#22716 7 years ago

Each of these machines has a good possibility of having different features from one another. These were hand built, with no budget, hand tools used for cutting brackets and guides, and quite possibly not knowing which machine got what. Quite shocked there is no bubble gum or duct tape found yet. Some of you are going to be luckier than others with the fit and finished product. It was a complete cluster fuck of an assembly job that was rushed to the finish line. I now actually believe Special K got lucky with his.

As the details emerge with each machine, it will only get stranger.

#22717 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As the details emerge with each machine, it will only get stranger.

Seems like the real "Winners" will be the ones that keep it nib and it doesn't get played. Just a collectible in a box to be traded around.

#22718 7 years ago

What does the Arduino control? That's news to me..

#22719 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What does the Arduino control? That's news to me..

I was curious about that myself... why the heck do you need an arduino if you have a full fledged PC running the game?

Also, I hope the arduino never dies unless you have the sketch that it's running to program to a new unit.

#22720 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks, Nick.
Dunno what to even think about a list this long and thorough. What was John's opinion about the game going out, since you picked it up in person? Was he proud of it? Did he feel this is him fulfilling his commitment to the MG owners? Just such an odd ending to this.

John said something along the lines of them not being really finished but "We decided it was a good idea to ship something."

I also asked him about RAZA and AIW and he said he was going to make them "absolutely". but at a different facility.

#22721 7 years ago

Once Jpop makes a few RAZAs that magically add $10k in value, his problems will melt away...

#22722 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

There are several optional mods that will be available and I will publish the info online.

Sounds like owners are going to have to pay for "mods" that were original features that they shouldn't have to pay for!

#22723 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Once Jpop makes a few RAZAs that magically add $10k in value, his problems will melt away...

I was told that more MGs are in his plan. Makes sense as that appears to be the quickest way to added revenue for him and he know people are paying more than face for them already. He was smart to not put a plaque or any numbers on them so he can slip them out the door and nobody will ever know how many were ever actual built.

With then being squirreled away and in boxes, he can probably build around 40 before people would start to catch on.

#22724 7 years ago

The opposite of that plan is the classic high school prank: Let loose 3 pigs in a high school. Mark the pigs 1, 2, and 4. Hilarity ensues.

#22725 7 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Sounds like owners are going to have to pay for "mods" that were original features that they shouldn't have to pay for!

Un-f'ing-believable.

#22726 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told that more MGs are in his plan. Makes sense as that appears to be the quickest way to added revenue for him and he know people are paying more than face for them already. He was smart to not put a plaque or any numbers on them so he can slip them out the door and nobody will ever know how many were ever actual built.
With then being squirreled away and in boxes, he can probably build around 40 before people would start to catch on.

Jpop told me he's not going to make more MGs... take that for what its worth. Whatever he does next should be a new machine... MG looks like it would be a nightmare to support in larger numbers.

FYI - There is a small metal plaque on the rear of each game with the game number

#22727 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Un-f'ing-believable.

These "mods" are never going to get made or sold by Jpop. Any kind of modding (finishing up this game) is going to fall to the community of owners. I have no doubt that enough money and time can turn these games into actual functioning pinball machines, and maybe even full-featured as they were actually designed.

#22728 7 years ago

Wow that was a great write up. The power toggle on the back of the game I believe should be always ON and you should start up the game from the computer which will give power to the rest of the game. Is there a button that you push to turn on the computer near the front of the cab? Unless its not wired like that which would be really strange to have to go to the back of the game to turn it on.

#22729 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The MG I played has a plaque with number screwed to the rear of the cabinet. I may be able to post more details on the game tomorrow.

#22730 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These "mods" are never going to get made or sold by Jpop. Any kind of modding (finishing up this game) is going to fall to the community of owners. I have no doubt that enough money and time can turn these games into actual functioning pinball machines, and maybe even full-featured as they were actually designed.

And then that brings us to which MG's will be more valuable? Fixed/modded/100% working or AS-IS in the box.

#22731 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told that more MGs are in his plan.

By whom?

#22732 7 years ago

The arduino controls the RGB lamps.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I was curious about that myself... why the heck do you need an arduino if you have a full fledged PC running the game?
Also, I hope the arduino never dies unless you have the sketch that it's running to program to a new unit.

#22733 7 years ago

Hi,
After reading, viewing pics and videos, can so tell me if in a playing position you can see the display?

#22734 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
After reading, viewing pics and videos, can so tell me if in a playing position you can see the display?

I'm 6' 2" and the bottom 1/3 of the screen is obscured when I'm playing. Some of the modes use small text at the bottom of the screen so it can be a challenge to see whats going on...

#22735 7 years ago

Hey ShinyNick - Think you could take a picture of the numbered plaque?

#22736 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Hey shinynick - Think you could take a picture of the numbered plaque?

There's a pic of the rear of the machine with the plaque in my google pics link in my report:

https://goo.gl/photos/4uRQWgyi6PaAwLXn9

#22737 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

There's a pic of the rear of the machine with the plaque in my google pics link in my report:
https://goo.gl/photos/4uRQWgyi6PaAwLXn9

Doh! Totally missed that the first time around! Thanks!

#22738 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The arduino controls the RGB lamps.

Correct. I created this system and I wrote the control os. I have the original source all nice and safe here to...

Some tech info on it. It was created as a 'slave' device for the main computer to offload some of the repetitive tasks. It handles all the lamp control and lamp effects internally maintaining a register of what each lamp is doing, plus it holds another register and effect map of playfield lamps that can be called. It does not use lampshow integration like some other ideas for rgb lamp control created by other programmers

#22739 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I'm 6' 2" and the bottom 1/3 of the screen is obscured when I'm playing. Some of the modes use small text at the bottom of the screen so it can be a challenge to see whats going on...

I don't know exactly but I guess you are tall and so a smaller player may see half the screen I suppose..

#22740 7 years ago

I don't know exactly but I guess you are tall and so a smaller player may see half the screen I suppose..

6'2" = 1.9 meters

#22741 7 years ago

They finally let me back in this thread but after watching the videos and reading the reviews, there really isn't much humor to add...

#22742 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

6'2" = 1.9 meters

Thanks.

So it is what I say. This is not a pin for small guy if you want to enjoy the display animations!

#22743 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They finally let me back in this thread but after watching the videos and reading the reviews, there really isn't much humor to add...

Don't know if it makes laugh the MG owners..

What was the MG sale price?

#22744 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Setup and Issue Photos:
-Center Floating Spinner (jinx Spinner) works but spinner occasionally STRIKES opto LEDs! – must adjust opto PCB mounting so that there is more spinner clearance.
Switch Issues
Playing Notes:

Excellent post and pics

I noticed something interesting on my favourite system screen that you took a pic of.

IMG_20170228_204009 (resized).jpgIMG_20170228_204009 (resized).jpg

This type of screen was a personal favourite of mine on systems design that i have seen throughout my life and so i wanted to put one in. Anyway, check the serial number on the screen. That's the prototype serial number i created for the game in johns workshop. They should have updated each build to match the serial number on the back of your cabinet... Guess no-one had the balls to ask me how to change it....

Also the Game Health should report OK. If you enter the diagnostics service mode you should get a list of what it thinks is wrong. Probably just non activated switches from switches that are missing.

And the link to report the LampOS version was never put in AFAIR

Thanks for snapping that though, it still makes me smile, even after all that has happened

#22746 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's over already?
ebay.com link » Magic Girl Pinball Machine

I don't think anybody actually expected that auction to finish.

#22747 7 years ago

What was the MG sale price?

5 years of headaches and heartbreak.

Oh ya, and some cash.

#22748 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's over already?
ebay.com link » Magic Girl Pinball Machine

Interesting and disappointing.

#22749 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think anybody actually expected that auction to finish.

Big bucks make an auction end early

#22750 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Big bucks make an auction end early

And now it's not documented on the internet what it sold for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.