(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 490.
#22001 7 years ago

free games from special when lit lights pisses me the f$#% off. insensitive bastards.

J poop even added the light on MG!

#22002 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Post Deleted.

So was mine.

#22003 7 years ago

About a half a dozen bans would clean this thread right up

#22006 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

If you had listened to the last podcast, K interviewed Matt Andrews who did the cabinet artwork for MG.

My apologies then, as I have not heard any of these podcasts people keep mentioning. Is there anything special about them I should know? (....sorry I could not resist).

#22007 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Is there anything special about them I should know?

Some dude that knows very little about pinball and doesn't pretend he does.

#22008 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

free games from special when lit lights pisses me the f$#% off. insensitive bastards.
J poop even added the light on MG!

I am willing to bet there are plenty of us that are "Special When Lit"

#22009 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am willing to bet there are plenty of us that are "Special When Lit"

I'm not sure if Special when lit should even be on Pinball Machines anymore. This whole debate has ignited a fire that I feel needs to be retarded quickly!

#22010 7 years ago

I think everyone has weighed in sufficiently to make his/her feelings known about both the nickname Special K and the person to whom it refers. It's unlikely anyone not already persuaded one way or the other is going to be as a result of further debate, so how about we drop both topics and just talk about the game from here on?

#22011 7 years ago

special k chimes in on a special edition about being special.

ps thanks to he who cannot be named for sharing the only new MG info we have right meow.

#22012 7 years ago

Go start another topic if you want to discuss the dude" who shall not be named".
Talk Jpop here.

#22013 7 years ago

Magic Girl does look very cool, hoping the owners can tweak it enough so it actually becomes a fun game!

#22015 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not the people bashing him giving him attention. he spent thousands of dollars and a fair amount of effort pretty much for the sole purpose of getting himself mentioned on Pinside. it wasn't bashers who brought him to the forefront of this conversation, it was people posting his videos and freaking praising him for indulging in his own narcissism. and make no mistake, in case anyone has forgotten, he is a dopey dim bulb, a textbook narcissist, and a serial liar. there's a reason he's banned from every community he's ever taken part in online.

it's not for Kaneda's stupid sake that people are objecting to that nickname. equating special needs children to Kaneda is hurtful and insulting to those children as a whole. maybe you should attempt to grasp the most basic element of the complaint before deciding to crusade against it.

you and i and everyone else knows your insult has zero to do with the cereal. you are referring to special needs kids. and you're only doing so because you think you probably couldn't get away with calling him "retarded", but it is the exact same intent. the cereal argument could not be any more disingenuous.
like i said above, you are equating kids who have problems and needs and conditions with a lying narcissistic douchebag. it's not Kaneda who is demeaned by your words, but kids like my son who will no doubt endure plenty of bullying as they grow up and perhaps even be called "Special K" themselves at some point. (i'm sure whoever does it will try out the cereal defense too)

Aren't you pointing out personality defects in him? So how do you know he hasn't been medically labeled as medically deficient, thus he can claim to be special. Seems like a lot of drama over nothing.

#22016 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

personality defects

Talk about jpop's personality defects!

#22017 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aren't you pointing out personality defects in him? So how do you know he hasn't been medically labeled as medically deficient, thus he can claim to be special. Seems like a lot of drama over nothing.

Let it go, Indiana.

#22018 7 years ago

so do we know yet if the magnets on the upper playfield work to "fight the power" and K hasnt made it happen yet or if that feature isnt implemented yet? I think that looks to be an important aspect of the game but we have yet to see it in action. Would also like to see if K can get a multiball going for us, hear the jackpot call outs.

#22019 7 years ago

so do we know yet if the magnets on the upper playfield work to "fight the power" and K hasnt made it happen yet or if that feature isnt implemented yet? I think that looks to be an important aspect of the game but we have yet to see it in action. Would also like to see if K can get a multiball going for us, hear the jackpot call outs.

Applejuice has said that you have to power up the magnaflips by hitting the inside loop until all letters of the power inserts are lit. So I believe they are implemented.

#22020 7 years ago

Ok, ok, ok. I am partially at fault for this huge derailment. Thank you to all that have defended or made light of my position on all of this. I coined him Special K, and I am keeping it. End of story.

But even I have to say ENOUGH.

Let's all get back to Magic Girl, JPop , and all of the wonderful qualities that crook, er um, JPop has to offer.

#22021 7 years ago

why isnt zombieyeti selling more art of magic girl ? i want the translite so bad...

#22022 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

why isnt zombieyeti selling more art of magic girl ? i want the translite so bad...

I can only imagine it's a very sore subject for him and selling those translites probably won't make him feel any better about being screwed out of his compensation for this game.

#22023 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Applejuice has said that you have to power up the magnaflips by hitting the inside loop until all letters of the power inserts are lit. So I believe they are implemented.

yeah I saw he said that, but who knows if its in this code build that jon sent out. hopefully we can get some confirmation from the Kman

#22024 7 years ago

Dearest Pinsiders,

As I gaze upon the slowly lifting fog that has settled upon my view, my thoughts travel to a time when Pinside was friendlier. Battles of wits were constant, but civility ruled the day. How I yearn to return to that day.

So, after gaining an audience with Sir Robin and Martijn, our benevolent dictators, a royal decree issued forth from the fruit of our labors. And it is thus decided that a great purge will fall upon the lands of all Pinside.

Sometime this spring, a list will be compiled by the Mods of the round table, and this list will include all the known troublemakers and miscreants that soil the good name of Pinside.

If you do not wish to be included on this list, then now is your time to repent. Cease all manner of ill and bullying, and your name shall not be penned onto the great list.

However, should a member continue to cause strife and discord, rest assurred that member's name shall be included, and thus banished from Pinside for a period not less than 30 days.

So take this warning to heart. A purge is coming.

Sincerely,

The Herald of Pinside

P.S.

While the above is tinged with humor, we are serious. A purge is coming. If you don't want to be included in that purge, then stop being part of the problem.

Robin has already made a clear statement regarding his desire for Pinside moving forward. Blondetall has asked you kindly to stop. Yet the drama still continues. So no more quarter will be given in this thread.

Trollish behavior is not going to be tolerated. Ignoring the requests of the moderator team is not going to be tolerated. Being jerks to each other is not going to be tolerated.

Please, don't make us put you on the purge list. We really hope that when the time comes, nobody has earned a spot on the list.

If you wish to discuss the coming purge, please post at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read#post-3614487

Do not make comments about the purge in this thread. Move it to the announcement thread.

Thanks.

#22025 7 years ago

The_Purge (resized).jpgThe_Purge (resized).jpg

#22026 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

I'd buy a pinball t-shirt.

#22027 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Dearest Pinsiders,
As I gaze upon the slowly lifting fog that has settled upon my view, my thoughts travel to a time when Pinside was friendlier. Battles of wits were constant, but civility ruled the day. How I yearn to return to that day.
So, after gaining an audience with Sir Robin and Martijn, our benevolent dictators, a royal decree issued forth from the fruit of our labors. And it is thus decided that a great purge will fall upon the lands of all Pinside.
Sometime this spring, a list will be compiled by the Mods of the round table, and this list will include all the known troublemakers and miscreants that soil the good name of Pinside.
If you do not wish to be included on this list, then now is your time to repent. Cease all manner of ill and bullying, and your name shall not be penned onto the great list.
However, should a member continue to cause strife and discord, rest assurred that member's name shall be included, and thus banished from Pinside for a period not less than 30 days.
Sincerely,
The Herald of Pinside
P.S.
While the above is tinged with humor, we are serious. A purge is coming. If you don't want to be included in that purge, then stop being part of the problem.
Robin has already made a clear statement regarding his desire for Pinside moving forward. Blondetall has asked you kindly to stop. Yet the drama still continues. So no more quarter will be given in this thread.
Trollish behavior is not going to be tolerated. Ignoring the requests of the moderator team is not going to be tolerated. Being jerks to each other is not going to be tolerated.
Please, don't make us put you on the purge list. We really hope that when the time comes, nobody has earned a spot on the list.

If only we could spread the novel idea of civility across the 'net. It's bad out there - everywhere.

#22028 7 years ago

yeah I saw he said that, but who knows if its in this code build that jon sent out. hopefully we can get some confirmation from the Kman

I am thinking that the code is how Applejuice left it...waiting for confirmation as well.

#22029 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

He had sold some art in the past.

I still would love a playfield..!

But not until Apple gets his game, and ZY gets whatever he was owed.

#22030 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I can only imagine it's a very sore subject for him and selling those translites probably won't make him feel any better about being screwed out of his compensation for this game.

If he did sale the Translites he just might make way more then what jpop would have ever paid him!

#22031 7 years ago

I don't know about you guys... but seeing how freakin amazing the game looks from an aesthetic appeal (not to mention how mystifying and fun all of the ramps, etc appear to be... even if they are functionally poor...) really makes a lot of the recent Stern titles look totally uninspired. I like Sterns... owned ST for years and enjoyed it... love ACDC... own a TWD... but Magic Girl at least has the appearance of a machine that had some passion (no matter how misguided) and interest in creating a unique experience pushing it into existence.

Sure makes me wish that Stern had some wild "outside the box" thinker driving innovation and direction.

#22032 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

A purge is coming.

pinside-but-with-hookers (resized).jpgpinside-but-with-hookers (resized).jpg

#22033 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thread is now Officially ......
---John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW, HOUDINI…..KANEDA---

You owe Pinside $20..... lol

#22034 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Dearest Pinsiders,
Sincerely,
The Herald of Pinside
P.S.

I am not a big fan on banning and censoring people...people need to grow thicker skin. I believe in free speech -- even when I find it offensive, mean, or distasteful.

A growing culture of feeling it is Ok to silence others they do not agree with disturbs me. It is a highway to hell.

That said...

A simple site change would help...remove usernames and replace with real names. Comparing the trolling and abuse on anonymous platforms (Twitter) vs non-anonymous (Facebook) seems to show much less trouble on the non-anonymous platforms.

#22035 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't know about you guys... but seeing how freakin amazing the game looks from an aesthetic appeal (not to mention how mystifying and fun all of the ramps, etc appear to be... even if they are functionally poor...) really makes a lot of the recent Stern titles look totally uninspired. I like Sterns... owned ST for years and enjoyed it... love ACDC... own a TWD... but Magic Girl at least has the appearance of a machine that had some passion (no matter how misguided) and interest in creating a unique experience pushing it into existence.
Sure makes me wish that Stern had some wild "outside the box" thinker driving innovation and direction.

Eh

I'll take a cheap Honda Civic that runs over a beautiful looking complex show car that's all show no go.

IMO

While it's nice to look at something different we've seen the cost, making pinball machines is hard.

#22037 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am thinking that the code is how Applejuice left it...waiting for confirmation as well.

Yes, I am interested to hear how this test goes. The shot should be the outer right loop, then the left ramp to start. Watch for the POWER lamps (upper rhs) being built up. What we need to know is if the diverter mech to move the ball from the left ramp to the power playfield is installed and connected. This was one of the things slow and late for john to sort out. I was eager to get hold of it (having previously tested the magna flip stuff separately and loved it) but he was un-focused and kept asking me to change things in the attract mode....

Also here is a picture of the early magna flip playfield I preferred this one, but john wanted it clear. I argued to keep it, but lost Maybe we could get these made as mods?

IMG_2917 (resized).jpgIMG_2917 (resized).jpg

#22038 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

remove usernames and replace with real names.

I foresee problems. Duplicate or similar names. Brian Kelly vs Bryan Kelly. Also verifying everyone would seem to me a daunting task.
I'm not against it, just saying.

BTW. I'd like to be called Special 68 going forward.

#22039 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes, I am interested to hear how this test goes. The shot should be the outer right loop, then the left ramp to start. Watch for the POWER lamps (upper rhs) being built up. What we need to know is if the diverter mech to move the ball from the left ramp to the power playifeld is install sand connected. This was one of the things slow and late for john to sort out. I was eager to get hold of it (having previously tested the magna flip stuff separately and loved it) but he was un-focused and kept asking me to change things in the attract mode....
Also here is a picture of the early magna flip playfield I preferred this one, but john wanted it clear. I argued to keep it, but lost

Thanks for all the insight Applejuice, I'm sure *someone* will read this and test it out when they have a chance.

#22041 7 years ago

I'm sure *someone* will read this and test it out when they have a chance.

I already asked. Hopefully video soon....

#22042 7 years ago

"someone" should invite a decent player or two over to his hovel so we can actually see if there's more to this game than there appears to be.

#22043 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We'll just call you, "special."

#22044 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Dearest Pinsiders,
Sincerely,
The Herald of Pinside
P.S.

Here is hoping this becomes a sticky.

I have seen at least one infraction already, and while I hope the person continues to ignore Xerico's decree, I did not take the time to impugn them specifically as that would also be in violation.

Obligatory MG content: Wow! What a twist in the saga! What is this, an M. Night Shyamalan picture?

#22045 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also here is a picture of the early magna flip playfield I preferred this one, but john wanted it clear. I argued to keep it, but lost Maybe we could get these made as mods?

Art looks really nice .. too bad the PF itself is such a rip off of TZ... Is there anything actually *original* in MG and not swiped from a prior JPOP or other game? Magic Girl is the K-TEL of pinball releases it seems...

#22046 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So close to great pornstar nickname..

#22047 7 years ago

I'll be interested know how well this thing holds up after a few hundred plays. Time will tell I suppose.

If someone with the right skill set can afford to purchase a magic girl and tinker with it, they will no doubt improve the machine over time. I agree with the others that have suggested that the MG owners should band together. They should Contract the likes of Applejuice to finish it. It will add value to their machines.

#22048 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Here is hoping this becomes a sticky

If they're serious, Robin/Martin/etc should make a separate thread and not bury THE PURGE in the bowels of this trainwreck...

#22049 7 years ago

One final point ...

If you wish to discuss the coming purge, please post at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read#post-3614487

Do not make comments about the purge in this thread. Move it to the announcement thread.

Thanks.

We are going to delete comments regarding the purge from this thread. So be sure to move your discussion to the announcement thread.

Marcus

#22050 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"someone" should invite a decent player or two over to his hovel so we can actually see if there's more to this game than there appears to be.

Invite yourself over!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/441 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.